The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

4 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

Post  Admin Wed May 05 2010, 21:10

Stormwarden and Lionheart

Carrying Lionheart, Stormwarden soared through the high rise canyons of the streets of 'new London'. What a contrast it was - bright, gleaming, clean, compared to the dingy and foul underground of the city, populated by societies dropouts and those who choose not to abide by the Nazi rule.

The mist was dissipating but still in evidence in places. He knew he wouldn't have to fly far to reach Darkshadow and Frostbite.

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 Qzi1qd

The small matter of five (5!) gunships would have to be overcome first!

Over the howl of the onrushing wind Lionheart yelled "Behind us! Company!"

The buzz of heli-blades as the gunships closed in got louder. They were taking no prisoners this time! The first, warning shots sprayed a building to the side of Stormwarden and Lionheart, shattering glass and exploding concrete like polystyrene!

OOC You're being chased by gunships. They are faster, and probably quite manoeuvrable. You can fly directly to the bunker where DS and FB are, or dive deeper into the streets to lose them, but that will lose you time. Of course, being superheroes there are other options you can call on too Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

Post  Admin Wed May 05 2010, 21:21

FROSTBITE and Darkshadow
(Joe Rigdon and Jason Ashe)

Frostbite didn't like the way these people played. It was more than arrogance, a cold merciless casual brutality that struck him as cold as it was devoid of any humanity. But whilst he had the element of surprise, he had to make it count for him.

First Frostbite had to wonder if there was any way to turn this base to his advantage. "Computer..." He said within himself, "I want you to find out if we can use this terminal or any of the equipment here to our advantage." Whilst he concentrated, simultaneously dropping his intangible state to be able to apply some cold to the room, which he sincerely hoped wouldn't impinge Darkshadow or Caldwell too much.

<<Accessing. I may be able to hack into their systems if you were to move within very close proximity to them, perhaps touching. They are deeply encrypted. If I were to hazard a guess, they have an exceptional programmer or teams of programmers working for them. Of course, I am a learning computer, and can call on your own brain resources to sort and sift information, so any network, given time, may be accessed.>>

Concentrating on the one who'd made the threat to Caldwell, Frostbite frozen the air in a concentrated burst around his head, hoping to add to his pain with confusion and the worst cold chill to his head he'd ever felt.

OOC:
[2d6 HTK, to the no 1 aiming for the head in particular to try and hinder him further = 12htk]

Assuming the request to the computer need not involve him, Frostbite is going to use his field manipulation to also do the same thing to the stone guy...for 2d6=7 htk

IC:
Frostbite hoped he'd add to the confusion in the darkness and that his two attacks might help him and hinder them, but in truth he knew he wasn't going to be able to attack these four and subdue them on his own. He had to bide his time and play it smart, even superior odds can be overcome with the right strategy and luck. And from what he'd heard these lot were more than a little arrogant and overconfident.

The arrogant man (no.1) threatening Caldwell suddenly cried out, clutching his head. "Arrrrgh!" He yelled in German <What is happening! It's so... cold!> The others looked on, wondering what their leader was talking about, until the 'stone guy' (no.3) also cried out <Ackkk! We're under attack!> Immediately the four spread out. Darkshadow was invisible to them, but a quick look around the room revealed... <There!> yelled the girl, pointing at Frostbite. <An intruder!> The four looked to where the eerie blue glow of the chestplate on Frostbite illuminated a corner of the near pitch black room...

OOC Harry got in touch today. Hopefully he'll register and catch up. Harry, if you read this, you have four frames, are in the room with the four nazi superhumans and Frostbite has come to help. He's hurt no. 1 and no. 3 on the picture, you're on full energy and as mentioned, all four frames before the bad guys act.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu May 06 2010, 06:02

"Sod this!" Stormwarden yelled and stopped dead in the air suddenly, letting the gunships come by in a split second. In a move reminiscent of his on-the-ground martial training he reached for one of the machines, to rip off the door and thrust it into the props.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC I hope that says it all. Move: Nil!, Use martial arts to get hold of something on the gunship, rip it off and pop it into the props. Its an odd thought but I don't think you can auto-rotate on one of those things.)

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 06 2010, 22:36

Soaring through the air, Lionheart clung to his back, Stormwarden suddenly ... stopped!

One of the pursuing gunships stopped to get a better firing solution on the fugitives. Or at least tried to!

Another rammed it from behind, sending the first spiralling away, whilst the remainder split outwards to avoid their comrade!

Righting itself, and looking rather dented from the collision, the following gunship trained its weapons on...

Stormwarden loomed large in the pilots cockpit, as the pilot screamed! (OOC 1d20+3+6 → [20 Critical,3,6] = (29) Definite Hit!) RRRRRIIIPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

The side door came away, then was promptly shredded as it was tossed nonchalantly into the whirling blades of the propellers! With a scream of twisted metal and dying engines, the gunship fell away, smoke flowing from it! Lionheart, for his part, used Stormwarden as a springboard, leaping high and out into the air! He was moving slightly too slowly to be leaping, and when he landed on another gunship that had righted itself to take aim, Stormwarden guessed he'd used his telekinesis to boost his 'jump'!

Displaying a level of strength impressive for a normal size guy, he pulled off the same trick as Stormwarden - door off, into the propeller... Then shouted "CATCH!" as he leapt out into the air again as the gunship fell away! With three gunships down, only two remained to fight and they levelled high calibre weapons at the pair!

OOC Initiative... 1d10=3 Heroes, 1d10=4 Bad Guys. Bad guys hold frame (they need an action to fire their weapons). Lionheart is falling, 1 frame flight distance away. There are two Gunships hoping to turn you into a big muscled pile of chopped meat. You have four frames.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Fri May 07 2010, 06:28

Stormwarden dived after Lionheart. The next move was harder, much harder.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: 1 Frame to 'catch' Lionheart.
Next frames:
Loop back (twisting etc to avoid possible gunfire, or curling around a building for cover) allowing Lionheart to do what he wants whilst Stormy goes after one of the copters.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 07 2010, 07:06

OOC Arh man, where is Harry? I'm sitting here waiting to act and Stormwarden is getting all the action ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 07 2010, 11:10

OOC Harry's registered, just hope he can make sense of the new layout and post soon. If not, I'll npc him this round to keep things moving and we can get on with the action over the weekend. How is the new layout (newest post on the last page, oldest post on the front?) for everyone? I must admit I'd gotten used to the newest post at the front, oldest at the back, but I'll go with the majority on this, so if you guys are happy with the layout, we'll stick with it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 07 2010, 11:42

OOC Yeah this is much better, lots of forums I go on do it this way anything else is so confusing, especially with multiple threads.

Is my birthday tomorrow but I should be around the early part of the day to participate and back around on Sunday between work activites etc.

Thanks again Paul I like the new layout.

PS if Harry is busy I don't mind lending a hand playing Lionheart - even if I can't do it as well as you ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 07 2010, 20:39

OOC Update tonight. I have toyed with the idea of players running two characters, at least until more players can be recruited. It wouldn't be a permenant thing - pick up an extra character for that scenario then drop em off on your way out. Thoughts?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 08 2010, 00:47

OOC Doh. Got wrapped up in a few things. Did manage to write up Lionheart though - see the write ups sections or https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com/character-sheets-f2/supporting-cast-heroes-and-friends-t14.htm#208 . He's available for use if you want Dave. Kendal, if you want to run a second character as well, let me know. I'd say the same for Harry, but he's a bit behind with Darkshadow so I'll wait till he gets back up to speed. Updates tomorrow. For sure. If you want to run Lionheart Dave feel free to post his actions (he's falling at the minute though, and doesn't fly, though he can use Telekinesis to float a bit. That said, he has 14/22 PSI left after lugging his weight about for a 'super leap')
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 08 2010, 07:15

OOC:Would I? Here goes...

Lionheart
Richard King

Lionheart cast about, he might be falling but he wasn't going to let it rest there. Although he knew Stormwarden's flight and weather powers were very capable, he couldn't be sure that he would still catch him in time. he needed to angle himself and start to find ways to snag the buildings to slow his momentum till he could stop himself without ripping his arms out or being squashed by the fall.

Angling his body about he sought to slow, bounce, spring or reach out a grab what he could to steer and slow his descent.

OOC: ok just in case its not clear, I'm looking for whatever I can to slow myself down, trying to reach out with my strength, agility and reactions trying to get some sort of hold on a building or something so as to use my situation to my advantage. I'm trying to avoid using my psi powers to keep them in reserve until absolutely needed.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 08 2010, 22:49

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 122delf

Lionheart tumbled head over heels through the air. Relying on reflexes honed with training from the age of five, genetically enhanced to rival the most acrobatic chimpanzee, and reactions that allowed him to sidestep bullets, he spread his weight out to slow his fall, spun, bounced hard from the tailpiece of one of the gunships, head over heels once more to spring from a building wall, then counted. 4... 3...2... he bounced again from another wall, looked down. Long way to the bottom. It would hurt! He grinned, who wanted to live forever anyway? He had time - albeit seconds - to look about. The gunships were moving about above him, one angling towards his fall, the other following... where was Stormwarden? For such a big man he wasn't easy to see in this fog!

THWUMP!

The air slammed from Lionhearts lungs as Stormwarden swooped up from underneath, catching him (OOC Rolled 17+ WC, easy catch) then spiralling upwards, stalling his flight to drop the pair like a stone from directly between the gunships, then thundering downwards... straight down, before levelling off and banking hard to disappear around a corner as bullets traced the pair and spattered concrete into the air! The chase was on!

Stormwarden concentrated, flying hard. The gunships were hot on his tail, faster, and quite manoeuvrable. He flew, Lionheart under his arm, underneath a low walkway, looped upwards to point in the opposite direction and righted himself, flying back between the gunships as they opened fire - and more or less obliterated the side of a building as the superhuman flew between them!

Moments later, Stormwarden and Lionheart waited in the shadow of a building, close to the wall. Heat sensors would be useless during the day, but the Nazis might have something most sophisticated to track them. The sound of rotors came from around a corner. They were close!

OOC You are around 5 storeys up, next to a building in the shadow side. The gunships will be coming slowly around the corner in moments, probably at around the same height level. Do you each intend to attack one Gunship or attack the same? This round Stormy used an action (move and grab) to catch Lionheart and an action to give the gunships the run around. Initiative 1d10=8 Heroes, 1d10=2 Bad guys (after a roll of double 7 and double 1...). 3 Frames.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 08 2010, 23:40

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 1oufsm

OOC Before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!

Darkshadow (OOC run as npc to keep things moving) lived for the dark. It was everything that defined him as a hero. He used it to force bad guys to fear him, to feed his own power and to give him an edge, an advantage when faced by superior numbers. Right now, these four were in his way. He needed to get that gate open for Frostbite and Caldwell and...

Ah.

Frostbite popped his head through he ceiling, unseen by all save Darkshadow. When the lift pinged open with Caldwell sat sprawled against the back wall, a smear of blood where he'd slid down it, the four Nazis in the room immediately turned , started to advance. Darkshadow wasn't sure how Frostbite had gotten Caldwell into the building, but the plan had changed, clearly. If Caldwell was alive, he would access the computers in this room to get the Vanguard vital information needed to assault the camp and free the White Warlock. From the sounds of it, an all out attack, even a secretive raid, would be doomed to failure without some means of stopping Adjutant!

The four Nazis in here were determined to stop Caldwell and the Vanguard from getting what they needed.

"Once the sun sets on the horizon, and the world enters Twilight, it's time for you to face.. the Darkshadow!" he rasped in a voice that would have Nowhere Man nodding in appreciation. One of the Nazis, (OOC shown as no.2 on the picture) whirled about, nearly jumping out of his skin! Darkshadow solidified and levelled his arms, firing dark energy at the Nazi!

OOC Darkshadow fires two 7 dice Quick Blasts at no.2 Nazi 1d20+3+6=28 Hit, 4d6+4=16 Htc, 3d6+3=11 Htk, 1d20+3+6=25 Hit, 4d6+4=19 Htc, 3d6+3=13 Htk. The damage bonus (+1 per die) comes from attack in darkness as per DS' bonus/weakness. Total 35Htc, 24 Htk. Darkshadow is on 8/22 Energy

The Nazi takes it with a pained grunt, then looks about, eyes straining in the darkness. "SHOW YOURSELF!" he bellows. "COWWWWWAAAAARRRRDDDDDDDD!!!"

For his part Darkshadow simply fades into intangibility again!

OOC Resolving bad guys actions. That'll be tomorrow looking at the time. Sorry, had family round (ALL of them. And some stayed longer than is usually necessary, so everything is out of whack. best laid plans etc etc...)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 09 2010, 12:23

Darkshadow & Frostbite vs Nazis

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 Ehhv2g

Blue side:
1) Caldwell (sprawled in the lift)
2) Darkshadow (Hidden in shadow)
3) Frostbite (Floating near the ceiling)

Red Side:
1) Wasserspeier
2) Freudenfeuer
3) Felsig
4) Auflader

OOC hope you can make out the numbers on those guys. A reminder of the Nazis:

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 258yt10

OOC Nazi no. 1 (Wasserspeier) has taken 12Htk. Nazi 2 (Freudenfeuer) has taken 35/24. Nazi no.3 (Felsig) has taken 7 Htk

The Nazis were somewhat shocked by the appearance of the man in the lift, not to mention the attacks on them! Nonetheless, they were professionals, well used to dealing with rogue elements, having been trained since childhood when it became clear their talents marked them out for something special!

Suddenly, the tall, good looking 'poster boy' of the group changes, before your very eyes!

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 Kda90z

In complete contrast to the 'perfect specimen' he'd been before, he now stood a foot and 200lbs larger, a rasping gargoyle rather than symbol for the Nazis to parade for all the people to see!

The second Nazi had no less a spectacular transformation!

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 2rc293o

And so it goes on

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 14sh3lx

The stone skinned guy rolls his eyes. "You people spend so long getting ready! Why not just SMASH THEM!" He (Q9) ran towards Frostbite (K10) and shouted up "Come down little man! I see you! Your chest glows nicely in the dark! Gives me something to smash!" Suddenly he becomes even more stonelike! (OOC 2 frames to move, one to activate power)

The problem with Darkshadow being so well hidden was that it gave the Nazis only one target! A target they intended to take down!

"Bring him down alive!" Bellowed the Leader (Gargoyle). Even so he levelled an arm and hissed "But if he falls in combat... meh... I will simply explain it as an accident." With a gesture and muttered word he forms an energy sphere around his hand! Then he

OOC 1d20+3+6+1=26 Hit!. 5d6=20 Htc damage. NO DIVIDERS (it's a magic attack...) Response? Bear in mind this kind of attack will zap you if intangible too, but you'll already know that I guess... Wasserspeier has used 5 magic points (speciality) of his 15.

The fiery guy snarls "I'll find you shadow man!". With that he lights up an area of the room by hurling a fire ball (OOC no particular target, 4d6 of 15 leaves 11/15 remaining. The room lights up as fire splashes across the walls!) "There!" he yells "Get him! The Shadow Man!" The girl responds, moving like a bullet under where Darkshadow is standing (T9) "You cannot escape!" she yells up to the ceiling. "Come down, surrender. There's no need for you to be hurt."

OOC All bad guys have acted.

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 A5hobt

Combat Response for Frostbite? (He's currently floating near the ceiling, around 4m from the ground in this room) The response is from the magic blast that just sped its way towards him...

Initiative... 1d10=5 Heroes, 1d10=1 Bad Guys. Two frames to the good guys. Any response from Frosty will come from this... Hope I covered everything here. Taken me a solid hour to knock this post out, off out soon doing family things so will update later depending on time and responses!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 09 2010, 15:58

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 122delf

"Ok let me try something here..." Lionheart said quietly to Stormwarden as he concentrated a quick psi blast attack at the first Helicopter pilot. Hoping to send the craft off course if only to give them a great chance of escape. He gathered his mental energies as he waited for line of sight and blasted at the pilot of the craft.

OOC: just use a quick psi blast so 2d6 18 ego + 1d20=6 = 24.

Save the other frame...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 09 2010, 16:08

OOC: Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a good day. Now back to the action.

Frostbite didn't have time to consider giving some sort of retort, besides which talk of consequences and such seemed a bit hollow given their situation. Then there was his chest plate glow, which had become a bit of a unforeseen liability, something that he might have to consider doing something about, should they succeed in righting time let alone surviving this attack. Out of pure instinct he threw up his arms at the oncoming attack and blasted back with a cone of frost.

OOC:

ok so parry with Frost energy attack, I'll use my remaining 5 dice as I've got nothing else to fend this off. Roll: 1d20=18 so that would be a parry. And that uses up my frames as well.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 09 2010, 19:34

OOC 5d6=14 for your parry. 6 damage gets through. Could've been worse! I activated Harrys account today and emailed him a couple of times - will see if he can respond and if not will NPC him tonight and resolve the bad guys actions. I have one prediction... pain... (a quote from 'Mr T' Smile )

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 Tari2b
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 09 2010, 22:26

OOC:
Admin wrote:I have one prediction... pain... (a quote from 'Mr T' Smile )

So far of all the things that have happened this is the single prediction that isn't a surprise. In truth I've been expecting it to happen every time I rough it up. How, I've even got this far is a mystery to me, so if pain does come it won't be a surprise, what will be is what I will end up doing to get free of this and back on track with regard to the mission, unless of course I end up incarcerated with the guy we're after - what are the chances?

I hope Harry does get back on as I like the change of pace when were working as a team.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 09 2010, 23:30

OOC 1d20+6 ego=21. Successful PSI attack.

Whilst the Vanguard were used to fighting against metahuman opponents, the men they faced were normal humans - albeit ones in charge of highly sophisticated killing machines!

Lionhearts eyes glowed. All about him, an aura of energy manifested into a ghostly lion, then it sped off, and around the corner. Stormwarden watched it go then heard a great CRRRRUUUUNNNNCCCHHHHHH!!!!! Moments later the gunship, unconscious pilot at the controls, peeled away, smoke billowing from the side that had struck a building! The auto ejection system fired both pilot and gunner from the gunship before it struck the side of another building several hundred metres away!

OOC Lionheart uses 2d6 energy, cost 4 psi but it's his speciality and costs half. His PSI total drops to 20/22. He has 2 frames remaining this round.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 10 2010, 00:04

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Darkshadow stifles a curse, then phases through the wall and out of sight!

"COWAAARRRRDDDD!" screams the flaming man. Clearly, he's the stand up and fight sort of guy...

OOC Darkshadow moves through the wall and into the room at U8 then through the room and another wall to the room at O6. Holds frame. Still intangible and flying, Hiding in shadows (which is automatic in shadow or darkness, no action needed)

The Gargoyle hisses and growls in a distinctly non human voice. "It appears your friend has no stomach for a fight. Despite your... elemental prowess..." he said, referring to the fact his mystical beam had met your elemental force and only barely overcome your defences. He'd expected to deal a telling blow, instead Frostbite had stood his ground. "You will fall. TAKE HIM!"

OOC No.1 (The Gargoyle guy) fires another mystic blast at Frostbite. Same again, except...1d20+6+3+1=17 Miss, 5d6=12. He's spent another 5 PSI points.

This time Frostbite narrowly avoids the oncoming beam which strikes the wall behind. Similar to fire, save green in colour, it gives off intense cold which even Frostbite feels, showing its true nature as being that of the mystical kind.

The fire guy, rattled, turns to Frostbite "Man of ice! Let's see if I can thaw you out!"

OOC He fires an energy blast 1d20+6+3=20 Hit, 6d6=19 Htc, 4d6=14 Htk. Response? Flame Guy (no 2) has used another 10 energy points.

With a barked order (in german) the man of stone shivers on the spot, changing from an invulnerable solid state to that of living stone once more. He walks towards Caldwell in the lift and hoists him up by the throat in one smooth move.

"Now, you scum! You are one of the resistance leaders, according to our intelligence! One of your friends... Tom Merryfield, sold you out! We have his lady friend, a Miss Lucy Telford, in our camp! Little does he know that his love for her has doomed thousands!" cackled the German.

The names ring a bell with Frostbite from his own time - Major Tom and Ground Controller. Nicknamed 'Major Turncoat' by the press for revealing his partners Secret ID, then helping her escape from the authorities. The Vanguard met him in the raid on the mansion that saw the children freed and Nowhere Man die. Even in another time and place the man cannot help but be a turncoat, it seems, even if his motives were honourable!

"Just... one thing.. 'bout you damn nazis..." breathed Caldwell, gasping for air. He fished with a shaky hand from his satchel a small device and with a thrust, slapped it on the Nazis' forehead!

Immediately the stone man screamed, dropped Caldwell who landed in a heap, and staggered back, clutching his head! he started thrashing about, and when the girl came over to help him caught her whilst flailing blind! She flew through the air to bounce off a wall, but was far from out - despite being the smallest of the group she appeared to be one tough cookie!

The Stone Man cried out once more, dropping to his knees and clawing at the small device, like a limpet, on his forehead.

"Neural de stabiliser. A man called Pierre Wilgommen came up with it. Firing blind like that I wasn't sure if it would work like it was supposed to." coughed Caldwell. "Normally, it would stop someone's powers if given the right frequency. I'm hoping it fries your damn brain, Nazi!" he coughs!

The fire guy moves across to Caldwell (OOC P10) and powers down, grabbing Caldwell by the shirt. "Tell me how to turn it off!" he yells over the screaming of his comrade, "Or I will fry your brain!"

The Gargoyle guy levels his hand at Frostbite again. "We have wasted too much time on you already! You are required for processing at HQ!"

OOC Gargoyles last 2 frames, another mystic blast at Frostbite. 1d20+6+3+1=26 Hit, 5d6=21 Htc. Response? Gargoyle is now on 0/15 Magic.

The girl moves back over to the stricken Stone man, and tries her best to remove the device from her comrades forehead.

"I wouldn't!" yelled Caldwell, aware his life hung in the balance once more. "You may remember Professor Wilgommen. He'd had enough of working for the Nazis in their sick weapons labs, and reverted to the name he was given by his true parents - Wandafar. He was never a Nazi, he just loved inventing things - until he saw what you were doing with them! That thing... has inserted a monofilament wire into your friends brain! Pull it off and his brain will fry!"

The girl looks to Caldwell, then to the Stone guy, then moves over to Caldwell. "You will DIE!" she spits (OOC moves over to P10 also)

OOC Dave just let me know Responses for the attacks on Frosty and I will update the stats. Then its what's left of Frostbite to act (if any, he's used 2 frames to dodge last rounds attack, 2 remaining) and Darkshadow has 3 frames.If Harry doesn't post in next day I'll continue to NPC Darkshadow for this fight. Plenty o brain fryin' goin' on...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 10 2010, 07:00

OOC: Lionheart uses 2d6 energy, cost 4 psi but it's his speciality and costs half. His PSI total drops to 20/22. He has 2 frames remaining this round.[/quote]

"Well that worked better than expected" He curtly replied to Stormwarden before concentrating again to focus on the other swiftly approaching pilot.

OOC: same attack using remaining two frame on the other pilot, same attack for 2 psi since its my speciality. Here is my roll: 1d20+18=20 Huh, man that was a bad roll but got 20 to get past the pilots ego.

Hopefully Stormwarden can use the attack to get us out of her and to help the guys at the bunker.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 10 2010, 07:16

Darkshadow and Frostbite

OOC: Dave just let me know Responses for the attacks on Frosty and I will update the stats. Then its what's left of Frostbite to act (if any, he's used 2 frames to dodge last rounds attack, 2 remaining) and Darkshadow has 3 frames.If Harry doesn't post in next day I'll continue to NPC Darkshadow for this fight. Plenty o brain fryin' goin' on...[/quote]

Frostbite ground his teeth, "You sicken me, your superiority complex makes you believe you can lord it over everyone else. That you have some inherent right to rule and therefore treat everyone else like animals. But never have I seen a people less deserving of the respect, they crave. Never have I seen a group of humans be less human and sink so low. To call you animals is to insult all animal kind. For what you do rationally, willingly and brazenly makes your crimes against humanity the lowest, not the highest. Your powers have lent you an arrogance so towering that it threatens to fall on you.

And it will be your undoing, for surely just as pride comes before a fall your own arrogance will be your own undoing. Even now who can you trust? How do you know that one of your own has betrayed you? Who has got your backs? Can you even be sure that high command, hasn't got a finger poised over the kill switch to keep you in line? We've been betrayed, but I have to wonder how long is it before your loyalty is itself used against you?"

Frostbite knew full well how in the field his words had lent power to his attacks when his actions hadn't been enough. Often his words had forestalled an potential clash in which he'd fail. Now he tried a similar tactic as he wanted to undermine the way this team worked and used his brain to get at them where brute force might not.

As he sense the oncoming attack even as he spoke, he sought to dodge knowing his elemental powers were otherwise tapped out for the present.

OOC:

OK since I've got no other option than to dodge here goes...1d6=2 Epic fail, but what else could I do.

Over to you mate.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 10 2010, 22:49

Darkshadow and Frostbite

The flame blast engulfed Frostbite (OOC ouch. 19htc 14htk. Dividers reduced to 1 or 0 by the Energy Blast gimmick -3DD.) causing him to grit teeth as his ice cold skin superheated! With his skin showing through his partially melted ice sheath, he was blasted again by another flame like power, this time lighting him up like a Christmas tree! (OOC 21Htc. Unaffected by Damage Dividers. That's a total of 40Htc, dropping Frosty to 3Htc. He is stunned. He crashes to the floor in a heap and looks up, then delivers the rest of his speech.)

The Gargoyle is impressed. "I like you. Even in the face of adversity with the prospect of annihilation looming large over you, you find the will to stick to your principles and that, I find, is the true mark of a warrior."

"Just shut up and kill him!" screamed the fiery Nazi. He was silenced with a look.

"No, I think we will take these two and question them intensively. They will reveal the locations of the remaining rebels... and we will make more of those interesting toys. I suggest the man in the lift turns his toy off, or he WILL die." the Gargoyle said, referring to the device Caldwell had used to disable his team mate. "I think..."

"I think you should step back from my friends you scum sucking Nazi fiend!" spat Darkshadow, emerging from the wall behind the Gargoyle and turning tangible whilst blasting with a fist and flying over the heads of the Nazis to disappear around the corner of the column running down the middle of the room. With the room still in darkness it was difficult to see Darkshadow - then near impossible as he flew past, even though he was only metres away!

OOC Darkshadow blasts Gargoyle with a Quick Blast - 1d20+3+6=19 Hit, 4d6+4 (darkness)=17 Htc, 3d6+3 (Darkness)=13 Htk Darkshadow is on 1/22 energy.

The Gargoyle staggers forwards, blasted in the back by Darkshadow as he passed overhead and melted into the darkness. The fire nazi was by now raging. "ARRRRGGGH!!!! THERE ARE ONLY THREE OF THEM, WHY ARE WE WASTING TIME TALKING! KILLL THEMMMMM!!!!"

The Gargoyle looked up, anger all over his monstrous face. <I said>* he growled <SHUT UP!>

OOC At the end of this round/start of next:

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 2edqrnm

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 4 2daherm

OOC Intiative... 1d10=10 Heroes, 1d10=5 Bad Guys. Darkshadow lurks in the shadows near the ceiling at P17. Frostbite is stunned, 2 frames, can't move, -5 to strike. Caldwell has the lady (Auflader) and the fire guy (Freudenfeuer) next to him. Felsig is writhing around in agony, thanks to Caldwells slapping his gizmo on his head. Things could be better...Over to you Shocked Holler if you'd like an updated map.

*translated from German
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 11 2010, 07:07

Darkshadow and Frostbite

OOC Intiative... 1d10=10 Heroes, 1d10=5 Bad Guys. Darkshadow lurks in the shadows near the ceiling at P17. Frostbite is stunned, 2 frames, can't move, -5 to strike. Caldwell has the lady (Auflader) and the fire guy (Freudenfeuer) next to him. Felsig is writhing around in agony, thanks to Caldwells slapping his gizmo on his head. Things could be better...Over to you Shocked Holler if you'd like an updated map.

OOC: Ho boy, not much I can do that isn't either defensive or passive but at least field manipulation doesn't require a to hit roll...

IC: Frostbite gritted his teeth, he'd known pain but his skin, still sore from the roasting despite his ice coating felt like the worst sunburn ever. He struggled to catch his breath as acrid smoke still filled his nostrils, with alarm he realised it was he who was still smoking. Mustering his concentration he cooled the air around him once again and this time sought to brain blast the fiery one, bringing intense cold to his head in the heat.

"Chill out, mate!" Frostbite said, spitting out the words as he raised an unsteady hand to attack again.

2d6=7 htk

Frostbite watched on as his cold energy coalesced around him, but struggled to maintain eye contact as his wounds threatened to overwhelm him.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Tue May 11 2010, 21:55

Admin wrote:Stormwarden and Lionheart

OOC 1d20+6 ego=21. Successful PSI attack.

Whilst the Vanguard were used to fighting against metahuman opponents, the men they faced were normal humans - albeit ones in charge of highly sophisticated killing machines!

Lionhearts eyes glowed. All about him, an aura of energy manifested into a ghostly lion, then it sped off, and around the corner. Stormwarden watched it go then heard a great CRRRRUUUUNNNNCCCHHHHHH!!!!! Moments later the gunship, unconscious pilot at the controls, peeled away, smoke billowing from the side that had struck a building! The auto ejection system fired both pilot and gunner from the gunship before it struck the side of another building several hundred metres away!

OOC Lionheart uses 2d6 energy, cost 4 psi but it's his speciality and costs half. His PSI total drops to 20/22. He has 2 frames remaining this round.

ooc - Is that the last one? If not then Stormwarden heads straight towards the remaining one, to do the same as before - break off a peice and stuff it in the propeller.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next