The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

4 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

Post  Admin Tue May 11 2010, 23:48

Stormwarden and Lionheart

Stormwarden sees the aura build around the man he's holding, then apparently leap from him and gallop like a lion might across the plains towards its foe! A very short distance around the corner of a building there is a clatter, a bang, and an unconscious pilot slumped against the controls of his gunship ensures the Vanguard have one less foe to face!

Stormwarden prefers the direct approach however. He moves closer to the corner, sees the nose cone of the next gunship come round it...

OOC 1d20+3+6=29 Hit, critical, 2d6+18=23 Htk.

Stormwarden slams a massive fist through the armoured nosecone, ignoring the large calibre machine gun only inches away. Reaching in, forcing steel hard fingers through delicate circuit boards and splitting wires, he grabs onto something solid, closes fingers around it, and swings the gunship to the left towards the building side! The rotor breaks away on that side, smashing into a shower of metal fragments that spin every which way... into another rotor.

Stormwarden (still holding Lionheart) watch as the smoking Gunship rotates on the spot. At one point it seems the pilot might yet control it, but it lurches to one side as the gunner sat behind the pilot lets rip with the huge guns! The bullets tear up the side of a building, shredding concrete and glass in a tumbling shower of rubble to the street far below. The gunner slumps over his controls as Lionheart silences him with an another Lion 'aura' attack!

The pair leave the scene with the Gunship bouncing off a building side as it tries to crash land...

=========

Moments later they soar low and unmolested through the streets to come across a large open area. Smoke fills the air from what looks to have been a battlefield of sorts! Ruined armoured personnel carriers, scattered bodies, smashed mechs, all litter the area around the Nazi Bunker, which has taken a substantial amount of damage itself! Even so, it's fully operational as an automated gun scans about for more enemies...

Lionheart and Stormwarden can only guess at what's gone on - Nazis killing nazis seems a dream scenario, but as to why, well that remains a question for another time - perhaps their comrades had a hand in it. Stormwarden knows James Caldwell - in this or any other reality - will be a handful for any who call him enemy!

Still, the question remains - how to get near the bunker without being chopped up by that enormous automated gun on top!

OOC refer to the earlier map ... actually, here's an update

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 5 Ogjrs4

OOC red dot is you guys at roof level looking down on a virtual warzone!

There was one relatively unscathed Mech slumped inactive near the bunker. The rest were in various stages of damage, from smashed up to burning to lying on their side, crippled. Across the city sirens can be heard.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

Post  Admin Wed May 12 2010, 00:06

Darkshadow and Frostbite

"Chill out, mate!" Frostbite said, spitting out the words as he raised an unsteady hand to attack again.

2d6=7 htk

Frostbite watched on as his cold energy coalesced around him, but struggled to maintain eye contact as his wounds threatened to overwhelm him.

Wasserspeier (Gargoyle) staggered back. He looked decidedly unwell (OOC for the record, one point from being hospitalised...) Grunting in pain, he rasped "I... don't admire you quite so much now..." He raised a clawed hand to slam down on the nigh on defenceless Vanguardian! And then everything went black!

Frostbite lay in a dome of what appeared to be black glass! It was unusual to the touch, and seemed to ripple if touched softly, harden to steel like consistency if prodded! It was appropriately 1m high and 2m across, Frostbite in the middle. He heard a shout "Don't worry mate! So long as I'm breathin' them Nazis won't 'ave ya!" It was Darkshadow! He'd saved Frostbite - for now. Unfortunately, in doing so he'd had to move slightly closer to use his forcefield on Frostbite...

OOC Vanguard have acted. Darkshadow threw his General Force Wall over Frostbite to protect him from any potential coup de grace style strike. Will resolve bad guys actions in morning when I get up - hopefully you'll see them before you go to work etc Dave. Where's Harry?!?!?

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 5 W7n3io
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 12 2010, 07:02

Admin wrote:

OOC: Vanguard have acted. Darkshadow threw his General Force Wall over Frostbite to protect him from any potential coup de grace style strike. Will resolve bad guys actions in morning when I get up - hopefully you'll see them before you go to work etc Dave. Where's Harry?!?!?

OOC: Phew!

Anyway I'm here ready when you are mate. As to where is Harry? Real life issues I guess? Although he does seems to have been absent a lot recently - hope he is alright!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 12 2010, 08:35

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Wasserspeier (Gargoyle) smashes impotently against the Dark field, kicking and punching as he finally loses it! Without much in the way of super strength, its a useless gesture as the field is a powerful, solid construct to his violent, but insufficient blows.

Felsig (Stone man) writhes in agony still. He switches between stone and human form alternately, suggesting the gadget used isn't calibrated correctly. Even so, he is temporarily disabled as he deals with maddening pain!

Freudenfeuer flies up and around the corner. The light from his now burning body reveals Darkshadows' position, his own supernatural hiding ability rendered null and void by the light from the flame!

"There! There he is! Get him!" shouts the fiery Nazi. He flies up, levelling a punch at Darkshadow...

OOC 1d20+2+6=25 Hit, 1d6=2, 1d20+2+6=28 Hit, Critical, 1d6=1 Hit foes hand. Cannot use right hand in combat for 2 rounds.

A fiery fist strikes Darkshadow, then again, numbing Darkshadows' hand but otherwise causing only a superficial burn!

The woman, Auflader, strikes James Caldwell once, again, and the wounded resistance leader slumps to the floor. Then she speeds over to where Darkshadow floats close to the ceiling and looks up. "Bring him down! I would have words with the scum!" she spits, her beauty marred by the look of hate she throws at the Vanguardian!

OOC end of the round. The Nazis are clearly on top - Frostbite is only still up thanks to Darkshadows aid. Darkshadow himself will soon be the sole focus of all their attacks, Caldwell, already wounded, and a normal man, is out for the count (or dead, you don't know). Initiative... 1d10=3 Heroes, 1d10=5 Bad guys. Will resolve the Bad guys action in my next post - when I come home from work Sad

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 5 6jm69s
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 12 2010, 19:57

Darkshadow and Frostbite

The fiery Nazi attempts to grab Darkshadow...

OOC 1d20+6+2=19 Hit. 1d6=6 Htk from burning body.

Darkshadow stifles a cry, finding his wrist held by the Nazi. "Frostbite!" he yells "I'm gonna ghost out! Make sure you do too!"

"You're going nowhere!" hissed the Nazi holding Darkshadows wrist.

"Drag him down here!" screamed the woman.

Meanwhile the Gargoyle, on his last legs, gave up trying to pound the impenetrable field into submission, instead concentrating on his stricken comrade. Remembering Caldwells words he turned to the rebel leader - only to find him lying prone! he would find no easy answer to removing the device there! He glanced at the half dozen studs on the small disc shaped device, wondering which combination would release the device... or fry his team-mates' brain! He glanced at the slumped rebel again, then at his comrades. "Fools!" he spat.

Auflader waits until her fiery companion can drag the shadowclad one down into range (OOC hold frame)

OOC The Nazis have acted, saved Auflader, who held her frame. 2 frames for Frosty, 4 for Darkshadow...

Darkshadow turns intangible, causing the Fiery Nazi to fall through his form "Eat fresh air, scum!" he rasped, then flew over to where James Caldwell lay prone, the Gargoyle like Nazi stood over him! "Let my friend go or face an eternity of falling in darkness, fiend!" snarled Darkshadow. "When your evil extinguishes the light, and thinks it has won I will be there, in the shadows, to prove you wrong and light the way for truth and Justice!"

"A pretty speech..." said Gargoyle, but... and he glanced over his shoulder. The protective black field was gone! It had disappeared when Darkshadow turned intangible. "You leave your friends undefended! Which, I wonder, is more important to you? Auflader! The Cold one! Quickly!" The woman looked over to Gargoyle and tensed to run over to where Frostbite lay...

OOC Darkshadow has used 3/4 frames, not used the last one. Frosty has two frames, then its the bad guys to finish theirs...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 12 2010, 21:20

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Mustering the energy his could, Frostbite phased out, as the forcefield dissolved around him. he concentrated as best as he could knowing that in his fragile state he was more of a liability than a help right now.

OOC:
Ok not sure what else to do but go intangible right now. Will post up some thoughts for Lionheart in a while, I was kind of hoping to play second fiddle to Kendal, so I didn't kind of lead the way, but just joined in his lead.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 12 2010, 23:20

OOC we'll hang fire on updating Stormwarden/Lionheart then until Kendal gets a chance to post. Will update Frostbite/Darkshadow in the morning. On another note, I've managed to download the entirety of our posts from the other website, formatting, pictures and all, so it's all archived and safe Smile At some stage I'll copy/paste the relevant parts into our archive section here, but might make it available as a download to for all the players to read as/when/if they need. It's a 38mb download, so shouldn't take long on a broadband connection, though it might take me a short while to upload it... darned Virgin Media mutter mumble...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu May 13 2010, 03:33

Stormwarden looked bleakly out across the site. "Jeez, now thats a warzone." he muttered softly. "The question is, is that gun on our side or not. Just where ARE our guys?" He thought and looked at the outpost before kneeling back out of the line of fire and looking back at Lionheart. "Two ways. Maybe." He closed his eyes and thought about it. "I might be able to come up with something that will knock out the electrics all around here. But I've only done that trick once before and the database we're looking for might not survive it. I don't know for sure. Or I swoop down there, pick up one of those mechs, use it for a sheild to get close to the gun and then rips its circuits out. If I do that, then you need to storm through the door fast as possible. Our guys are going to need some help looking at all this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc- stormwarden. Needs a reply from Lionheart just to see which option to try out and then go with it. Without the knowledge about if the database will survive he will go for the physical option. Which puts him coming down the tower, and Lionheart entering from the ground.

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 13 2010, 07:09

Limerickcot wrote:ooc- stormwarden. Needs a reply from Lionheart just to see which option to try out and then go with it. Without the knowledge about if the database will survive he will go for the physical option. Which puts him coming down the tower, and Lionheart entering from the ground.

Lionheart nodded, I see where you going with this and I think you're right. But as an alternative I've got speed over your flight I can just as easily zip around drawing fire from their targeting computers. So why don't you drop me down and you come in from above, I'll join you as soon as you've made an entry point.

OOC:

Kendall either way is good for me, but I wanted to offer up an alternative that provides two targets instead of one, since Lionheart is fast. agile and reactive it means I stand a better chance of dodging attacks that come my way, hopefully giving you opportunity to blast an entry point for us to get in by. But I'm easy if you want to call the shots on this I will defer to you.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu May 13 2010, 08:19

Stormwarden & Lionheart

"Hmm. You know, that might be a better way through. As long as that cannon can't cover the doors in, and assuming that we can open said doors, I think we'll go with your idea. If that doesn't work, then we revert to mine instead." He drew himself together.

"Ready then?" he asked with a smile, letting Lionheart piggy back again as they descended into one of the alleyways.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 13 2010, 08:38

Stormwarden & Lionheart

Lionheart just nodded, preparing himself mentally and physically for what might be a the run of his life.

When Stormwarden had dropped him down, he took off making sure he used the cover of the mecks between him and the gun, whilst seeking to weave around and use the cover of smoke and debris to his advantage.

OOC:

Ok Paul, I'm going to turn on the super speed, agility and reactions and try to make sure I dodge, weave and leap around the place, like a jack in the box, trying to make the most of my skills to draw attention and fire, but not stupidly so. I'll also keep an eye on Stormwarden to co-ordinate my attacks with him as best I can so that when and if he is able to break through, I can join him.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu May 13 2010, 19:06

Stormwarden & Lionheart

As Lionheart speeded out, Stormwarden bent down, picked up the nearest object that could fit into his massive fist and threw it at a tangent from Lionhearts run. The lobbed object flew up and towards the turret mount. He readied himself for another throw. He'd keep throwing til doomsday if it kept the gun off Lionheart!

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 13 2010, 21:45

Lionheart touched down once Stormwarden had dropped into an alleyway. Clearly people had been ordered to stay indoors, and this was the kind of place where orders, if not obeyed, had serious consequences!

Stormwarden hefted a large chunk of metal. It'd been sliced clean off an armoured personnel carrier. The metal also had a perfect round hole in it, no signs of singeing or heat. Whatever the Nazis had mounted on the top of that turret could shred metal like a hot knife through butter. It would take maybe one, perhaps two good hits to slice up a tank. He looked at the personnel carrier - it'd been hit hundreds of times, and lie in many pieces, as did the others burning around the square. Automated systems were all well and good, but a human hand might've stayed the attack rather than trashing its own forces in self defence! Still... it was hard to shred tears for Nazis.

Lionheart sped towards cover - the unpowered mech. He sped up, noting the gun on top the turret had powered up and a whirring sound could be heard getting louder! With his incredible speed it was no problem reaching cover, but it was clear the turret gun was up to full power now... Standing next to the mech he saw the reason it appeared to be powered down. A single hole, from the back to the front, showed a shell had punched clean through it, slicing the pilot into two messy halves. A glance at the floor. Yes. Lionheart was from the future, and recognised the crude early attempts at magnetically accelerated shells. They would be abandoned in due cause for more sophisticated weapons, but he recalled one of the World Wars where the things had been used in earnest for the first time on a large scale. Battles tended to last minutes with both sides absolutely chopped to ribbons. After that, there seemed little point in sending conventional forces in and the missiles had flown...

He glanced across at a burning mech, then sped for it. Instantly the turret twitched, firing immediately! It compensated, following his path then anticipating it! Where magneto rounds struck the floor they simply punched a hole through the concrete, neat and without smoke. The ground around each mech resembled cheese, the holes having punched through the mechs and through the concrete below. The whirring got louder as the turret gun went into overdrive, firing a random pattern hoping to splatter its fast moving target in the process!

OOC 1d20+2+6=18 Hit, 1d20+2+6=27 Hit, this could be nasty! Responses? The gun is a 2 frame/round weapon against each target in its range, and rest assured, whatever it hits doesn't usually have too many frames to act after that! Saying that... that's against conventional forces. This is the Vanguard we're talking about...

Stormwarden saw the gun spraying fire in an apparently random pattern as Lionheart sprinted, dodged, jumped and ducked his way about, changing course and doubling back. The bullets didn't kick up sparks or rubble, or ricochet away, they simply punched through yards thick of concrete and probably petered out somewhere in the ruins of old London below!

The big man hefted the chunk of armour, sized up his target, and threw!

OOC From where Stormwarden is, the range is long - any closer would be dangerous! I'm going to rule: Stormwarden can throw the armour (super strength) +5m per 5 str over 15 (as opposed to +2m in the rules) so that's 25m. Stormy is around 36m away from the gun (I know the gun is pictured in a pseudo 3d manner, but I'm accounting for the height of the bunker too, and assuming he's standing at S25 or thereabouts). I'll give -3 to the roll, which is being generous I think Razz 1d20+2(WC for Stormy throwing something)+6 (DC3 for the Turret)-3(range)=13 Miss.

Stormwarden hefts the lump, assesses the range and lets fly. It sails towards the turret, which swivels, locks on, and fires!

OOC 1d20+2+6=14, 1d20+2+6=15. Both miss

Tracers spray through the air, but the lump of metal clatters on the floor somewhere behind the large structure. The turret gun continues with tracking - and trying to kill - Lionheart!

Stormwarden moves over to more wreckage, yanks a piece free, and hefts that!

OOC 1d20+2+6-3=25. Hit, critical! As I'm being nice, I'll rule in the heroes favour. Just expect me to balance things up, and not be nice at some point soon Smile

This time, Stormwarden hefts a smaller piece, and it sails towards the turret again. As before the guns turn, swivel and aim for the oncoming chunk of metal... only for the chunk to slam home in one of the barrels! Suddenly the hole thing twists, grinds itself into hundreds of pieces and rains down in a shower of shattered fragments, and the square goes silent!

OOC Just need to determine if, after the smoke cleared, Lionheart is in one piece or not. Ah. Just referred to the character sheet. +8 dodge I think (it's been a while since I used Lionheart...) refers to him using martial arts as his uploaded program, which is fairly logical in a combat situation... so... I assume he dodges Dave Smile

Stormwardens heart was in his mouth. Though the bullets themselves punched through whatever they struck, there were so many a cloud of concrete dust had been thrown up. He waited for it to clear, hoping to find his new companion in one piece!

Lionheart was stood, not only in one piece, but near a hole in the side of the bunker. "Look, ice!" he yelled across. Lionheart kneeled next to the hole. Melting ice had filled it, doubtless from Frostbite - how he'd managed to punch a hole through this thing was beyond him. Even Lionheart was impressed with the ceramic technology that had been used to coat the concrete bunker, rendering it impervious to most conventional arms, even of the high calibre variety! The hole had been filled in, but the ice was steadily melting, and would present no problem in removing to allow entrance, though Stormwarden might find it a squeeze!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 13 2010, 22:01

Darkshadow and Frostbite

With both Darkshadow and Frostbite intangible, the Nazis soon found it frustrating - to say the least!

Only one seemed to keep a cool head, and that was the Gargoyle, who winced with every movement!

Whilst the fiery Nazi and the woman leapt and swung their hands through first Darkshadow, then moving over to the prone Frostbite, the Gargoyle moved over to the prone form of James Caldwell.

Hefting him up, the Gargoyle pulled back a clawed hand... "Your choice gentlemen. Power down, and accept the beating you are due, and this man lives. If not..."

OOC Initiative... 1d10=8 Heroes, 1d10=10 Bad Guys. Bad guys go first. He waits an answer, but looks about to strike Caldwell...

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 5 Sdiq7m

OOC The Woman, Auflader, is swinging at (through) frostbite. No point rolling, she can't hurt him even though its easy to strike him on the floor as he's stunned.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu May 13 2010, 22:12

[font=Arial Black]Stormwarden and Lionheart

Stormwarden flew out towards the bunker. He was a little impressed with that throw. It had gone far, far better than he could have hoped for from a diversion. And now - an ice-blocked hole in the wall. "Pity there's no Jack Daniels." he grinned at Lionheart and starting punching and pulling the ice away. It was going to be a cold, hard fit through this hole. "Feels like Frostbite, all right." he stated. "Lets hope they're still in one peice. I don't like the silence."

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 13 2010, 22:47

OOC: Yes dodge and dodge, which I think I implied from what I said to Stormwarden earlier, so thanks for taking that into account.

IC:

Lionheart punched a hold in the fasting melting ice and then pushed his way through, not doubting that Stormwarden could muscle his way in easily enough.

On the other side he adjusted to the gloom and looked for a computer terminal. He blanked out briefly to upload his computer programme, and sought to find out what and where the other team members might be.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 13 2010, 22:55

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Frostbite looked disgusted, he could barely keep his focus on the villains as he struggled to maintain consciousness. But the old war dog spirit hadn't deserted him yet. When all was said and done, he still could keep em talking.

"Ok, Ok I can see that..." He paused for effect, it wasn't hard. "Urgh, you've won. My friend and I need a moment, to return to our normal state. But please tell me, what guarantee's you'll give us, that we'll be safe. I mean, if we return to normal form, you can kill us all. If we refuse, you only get one of us. This looks like a sorry deal to me!"

Frostbite wanted them to think that as a resistance cell, they were used to having to make sacrifices. Furthermore he thought that by playing on their ignorance of who they were, they might have more to gain by keeping two unknown meta humans alive, than dead. In an case, for once, his face encased in ice, meant it wasn't hard for Frostbite to keep his best poker face, as he awaited Gargoyle's, response.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 13 2010, 23:00

Stormwarden found the hole a real squeeze, and no mistake! Lionheart offered a hand up and the pair looked about. They were in a small barracks room, with half a dozen bunks lining the walls of the place. It was empty, suggesting that the troops were elsewhere - either in this place, which was bigger than it looked (and it had looked huge outside) or elsewhere. Both knew of the attack on the underground city below them, and preferred not to think of the slaughter that was going on.

Sometimes even Superheroes stood helpless whilst events took their own course.

The door was open, and the pair stepped out into a circular corridor. There was a central core to the building, and the corridor went around it, various doors going off into the rooms on this level. There were doors set into the central core too. It was all very uniform, white, sterile. Efficient.

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 5 2dhbot5

OOC Consider Lionheart on 20/22 PSI after 1 round of uploading his enhancement. In any round he uses it, he pays 2 PSI. Current program: Computer Programming.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 13 2010, 23:04

"Hmm..." Lionheart said, "They obviously went in for cold and efficient in bucket loads. Since there is no terminals up here, I suggest we go down - the lift looks like the only way to go?"

Turning to Stormwarden, Lionheart waited for some response as he indicated the lift at the centre of the tower.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 13 2010, 23:10

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Frostbite looked disgusted, he could barely keep his focus on the villains as he struggled to maintain consciousness. But the old war dog spirit hadn't deserted him yet. When all was said and done, he still could keep em talking.

"Ok, Ok I can see that..." He paused for effect, it wasn't hard. "Urgh, you've won. My friend and I need a moment, to return to our normal state. But please tell me, what guarantee's you'll give us, that we'll be safe. I mean, if we return to normal form, you can kill us all. If we refuse, you only get one of us. This looks like a sorry deal to me!"

Frostbite wanted them to think that as a resistance cell, they were used to having to make sacrifices. Furthermore he thought that by playing on their ignorance of who they were, they might have more to gain by keeping two unknown meta humans alive, than dead. In an case, for once, his face encased in ice, meant it wasn't hard for Frostbite to keep his best poker face, as he awaited Gargoyle's, response.

"We don't know you. We thought we knew all unregistered metahumans still out there, but most have been hunted down and ... accounted for. Therefore, we will need information. You will be restrained, and wake up at our HQ. Our superiors will determine your fate then. Guarantees? What is guaranteed in life? We are born, we live, we die. Your friend here... will receive the treatment he needs to keep him alive, I guarantee that..." said the Gargoyle, placing a hand on Caldwells back and bringing it away, covered in blood. "He doesn't have long, so I can end his pain here, or you can save his life. You choose. Every second you delay has him closer to death. In fact..." he pulled closer to Caldwell, listening. From where they were neither Frostbite nor Darkshadow could tell if the rebel leader was still alive. "He is still with us. Just."

"Let him die!" snarled the woman. "Look! Look what they did to Felsig!" she screamed, pointing at the still twitching man on the floor. He was in human form, curled up, hands grasped around the disc on his forehead.

Gargoyle snarled "Silence woman! Respect your betters!" He turned back to you. "I tire of this to and fro. You may be able to escape here, but I promise you, a thousand of the subhumans who live in the city below will die every hour until you surrender!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Fri May 14 2010, 06:40

"Hmm..." Lionheart said, "They obviously went in for cold and efficient in bucket loads. Since there is no terminals up here, I suggest we go down - the lift looks like the only way to go?"

Turning to Stormwarden, Lionheart waited for some response as he indicated the lift at the centre of the tower.

Sj[/quote]

"I'm with you. Just hope it can take me." Stormwarden frowned. "I get this feeling that we've run out of time."

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 14 2010, 06:52

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Frostbite looked dejected, he didn't know what else to say...he looked across to Darkshadow and wondered what might be best in this situation. His mind whirled back to another world, his world. Or at least the world he'd come to think of his with Abby, his parents, sisters and friends.

There had to be another way...his mind raced and then he realised that as for the resistance there wasn't much left anyway. Since what remained had already been betrayed, Gargoyle's threat to kill them all rung hollow. Who knows they may already be dead. Their only hope lay in changing this present back to their past.

Slowly standing up, Frostbite knew that for Caldwell, the resistance and themselves the Vanguard couldn't give up. Couldn't give in, their sacrifices couldn't be thrown away he wasn't looking at much though. One thing was certain they couldn't allow themselves to be captured.

"I suspect that what you're saying isn't the whole truth." Frostbite countered. "You see we know our friends have been betrayed and we also know that whatever we do now, our lives are over. But I rather suspect its not us who need be worried if we flee but you. This time is an abomination, and so are you. Hitler is mad and the fear and terror his ideology have given rise to only proves that. We will stop you, somehow and in some way. Rest assured."

Again Frostbite paused for breath. What else could he do but gather his thoughts and try and muster his energies to either make a final stand or flee. Something deep inside was hoping there was yet another way.

OOC: Ok I am trying not to make this contrived knowing that the other guys are above. But in truth I also don't know if they've arrived and are conveniently about to step out of the lift or not. But I feel I've got to try and keep this going as leaving without something feels like total defeat.
Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 14 2010, 06:53

"I'm with you. Just hope it can take me." Stormwarden frowned. "I get this feeling that we've run out of time."

Stepping forward Lionheart called the lift, hoping that his new found friend was wrong.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 14 2010, 07:40

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Gargoyle stared with stone eyes at Frostbite and Darkshadow in turn. "So be it. Hide behind your powers. The moment you materialise, this man dies. This bunker will be overrun in minutes anyway. There is a substantial force surrounding it as we speak. We also have a small metahuman army heading this way." he rasped, Holding Caldwells limp form up. "Take him." Gargoyle gestured to Felsigs' writhing form. "We will torture this man, take him apart piece by piece, before asking him questions. By that time he will not only divulge the secrets of that device and the resistance movement, he will be so pliable as to tell us if he wears ladies underwear! Your cowardice has condemned this man to a slow and painful death!"

As the fiery guy 'flamed down' and helped the woman drag up the prone Nazi, Darkshadow glanced across at Frostbite. "We can't just let them take him! We must..."

"You have said your piece." said Gargoyle. He pressed the button for the lift. Frowning slightly, he turned to Frostbite and Darkshadow. "Has it occurred to you, that under Nazi rule there is no crime, no war, no hunger or poverty? All those who resist our rule and seek a different way of life deserve the fate they are handed. In most cases, annihilation." He turned again, pressing the button for the lift. "It appears to be... ah. It's on its way."

"And another thing." said Gargoyle, turning to face the prone Frostbite and his companion. "Adjutant and the others will not be as lenient as I. Do not think your powers... what?"

The Nazis companions stared open mouthed past the Gargoyle.

He frowned, turning about, then looked up.

The towering form of Stormwarden, accompanied by a squeezed looking Lionheart, stepped out of the lift!

As soon as you summoned the lift, it started going downwards! Seconds later, it pinged, and you heard an accented voice going through a monologue ... then the lift pinged open, and you see James Caldwell, battered and bleeding, in the hands of a white clad 'Gargoyle' itself battered and wobbly. Past him two more white clad people, one a man, the other, woman, held a fourth in their arms. And past them... Frostbite, lying on the floor, partially iced up, pained look on his face, and Darkshadow, clenching fists and ready to pounce, but holding back!

The Gargoyle turns at the looks of his companions, then gapes at the mighty Stormwarden stooping to get out of the lift!

OOC We'll redo initiative... 1d10=10 Heroes, 1d10=2 Bad Guys. 4 frames to y'all...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 14 2010, 07:56

Darkshadow and Frostbite

Seeing his friends, step out of the lift, Frostbite mouthed a silent thanks. He wasn't sure who he had to thank and what this meant for the team if Stormwarden and Lionheart were here but he suspected it had something to do with the betrayal Gargoyle had spoken off.

Lionheart

Lionheart didn't need to be told twice, seeing Gargoyle holding a prone and bleeding Caldwell, he lunches a devastating Psi attack against him. Before leaping into attack the closest opponent with another Psi attack.

OOC:

Ok so roll for go against Gargoyle and second roll against closest opponent: 1d20+18=37, 1d20+18=22

Use 2d6 on Gargoyle as he is looking wobbly and 4d6 on the other opponent. 2d6=4 HTC, 4d6=15 HTC.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next