The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #9 In Englands Green Imperilled Land...

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #9 In Englands Green Imperilled Land... - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #9 In Englands Green Imperilled Land...

Post  Admin Wed Apr 11 2012, 00:03

DavidMcMahon wrote:what's the range on Bulletman's effectiveness with Lunarium? Can he affect more than one person who has Lunarium in its body? If he can, he wants to do an area wide reduction in the effectiveness of Lunarium. If he can't, punch out this guy while keeping the Lunarium at minimum.

OOC 20m range, he can effect everything/anything Lunarium powered within range with a single action.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #9 In Englands Green Imperilled Land... - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #9 In Englands Green Imperilled Land...

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 11 2012, 02:44

Well, if there is more than two of them in range, he will do that, reduce their effectiveness
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 11 2012, 07:19

Lionheart

Str G3 (6/6)
Speed G3 (6/12)
Hyper field G1 (1/13)
Telekensis G1 (1/14)
Flight G1 > Swap for Telempathy G1 (1/15)

Admin wrote:OOC: Lionheart has DC0 thanks to his speed, and I really think I will make that a change in my next house rule round up. Faster more agile opponents should be harder to hit, no question. Slower better armoured foes will get extra dividers to compensate being hit more often. [/color]

OOC: For what its worth I agree completely with this ruling - its elegant and simple and does away with the need for further dice rolls.

Admin wrote:OOC you have an action before that happens - enough time to switch powers or use a power as you see fit, then initiative 9 Heroes, 8 bad guys. In all you have 3 consecutive frames. There's a large metal door which is bent and buckling, a dozen Bletchley staff propping chairs and a bed against it and trying/failing to stop the creatures from barging in and eating them all. There are at least 6 of them in the infirmary on the other side, and you can hear awful screams. It seems the Peelers weren't able to move everyone in time...

Lionheart Switched out flight for Telempathy as he wanted to make sure he could sense what he faced beyond the door and where the others were in relation to his enemies. "Get ready!" He said solomnly to Sunburst, angry at the inhuman way Bedlam had been using his Animen.

OOC:
Ok so the doors are buckling with the weight of the Animen the other side, so I want to run a the door with all my strength and use it to drive back all the enemies on the other side, as I push through I then will close my eyes so Sunburst can shout a warning to everyone and then blind the immediate front row, before we take them on.

If necessary I will use a hero point or two to make sure that the frontal assault is limited to the Animen the other side of the door, I want to minimise collateral damage.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 12 2012, 00:24

Noman dodged the Cheetah Womans deadly scything hand whilst glancing at Bulletman. He was still struggling to realise the full potential of his powers, which meant he was guessing the capabilities of the forms he copied whereas the natural wearer of those forms would have an advantage! Still, he (or rather she, being a copy of the She Cheetah in front of him) was fast and agile, and he was able to keep one step ahead of his foe.

Just then, she slowed and groaned, sagging as if carrying a heavy weight! NoMan saw his chance and swung!

OOC Roll 7... and missed. Other attacks 31 (doubled!) hits for 14 accuracy, +12htk, +6htc, +9 strength damage (to htk) for 35htk, 6htc. That *hospitalizes* his foe, putting her down!

NoMan was amazed, then glanced at Bulletman who gave a short sharp salute to his comrade! With a grin NoMan sped across the lawn to help Gravity Girl get the soldiers behind the relative safety of sand bags and stone walls.

Bulletman continued to pummel away (OOC I assume) at his Wolfman foe...

OOC two attacks Roll 3, miss, 19 + WC2 + DC6=27-17=10 accuracy. +10htc + 19 strength= 39htc /2 = 19htc. That leaves it on 1htc, well and truly stunned. A coup de grace will finish it off for hours next round.

Delivering hammer blows Bulletman saw his weakened foe sag and fall back. He took the chance to look about. The Ani-Men numbered about a dozen on this side of the building, creatures like Wolves, Bears, Tigers, Lions, Hyenas and Rhinos! Bullets hardly slowed them down, and the soldiers were swept aside with gory ease! The group appeared to be concentrating on the small bunch of Peelers and Soldiers that NoMan and Gravity Girl were ushering into the building! In moments they would be on them! He was some 30m away - would he get there in time?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 12 2012, 01:01

OOC Sorry missed Frostbites post last night. That's the only problem with threads like this where the actions comes thick and fast, but no worries, will keep a better eye out in future.

With regards the Intangibility thing the GH rules state Grade 2 is the max... well *thwip* there goes the rules out the window where the Dark Power is concerned. You will need grade 5 for that sort of thing, so 60 points of Dark Power. That will imbue everyone he touches or within 20m that he chooses with grade 2 intangibility. Then he can simply control their molecules and allow them to simply fall through the floor. Mind you if anyone lets go mid way it will be messy.

To detect one specific person in all of this mess without knowing where he is will be tricky. Grade 4 (65 points!) will do it and you will know where the guy is whilst the power is in effect. Kind of like the Legions Dawnstar and her tracking power.

Frostbite
30/60htc
20/48htk
8 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 1
Dark power XP 0/10 (level 2)
15 energy

OOC That's a fair chunk of points, but with hero point it should be ok. I expect he'll need over 130 points so say, 12 Dark power? Roll 15 + Ego 12=27. Dark Power roll 13 + DP 12 + DP growth 1=26. Roll passed. Just. 10,8,9,2,7,5,8,7,4,2,10,9,8,5=94 x 2 = 188 Dark power points. Easy peasy. You have Grade 5 Intangibility and Grade 4 Life Sense. You have 63 points remaining (healing? vigour? teleport to Bedlamm? Flight increase?)

With a shout Frostbite ordered everyone to "Join hands!" bemused, the people inside the chamber did so, trying to ignore the pounding on the doors. Frostbite stood near Wynn and the others to will those intangible, and then added "Don't let go!" A heartbeat later the people in the chamber dropped straight through the floor, through dozens of feet of rock and into dark chambers, lit only by the blue glow from Frostbites chest plate! As they gently floated to the floor, he returned tangibility to them so they didn't sink further. One or two were overwhelmed, bending over to retch! Forbes and Dawson looked shaken, but came over to Frostbite. "Every time you do something like that... I thank god you're on our side son!" said Forbes.

Frostbite nodded, but looked vacant, distant. "there." he said quietly.

5 miles away, stood in a prison building, Bedlamm calmly walked from cell to cell, offering ultimate power to those who served him! The prisoners would do anything to be free, and so rolled up their sleeves to accept an injection from the madman, then turned around as instructed as he punched a metal pin into the join of neck to spine! Inside, a sphere of lunarium, designed to power the serum inside the convicts body! Finally he would shine a strange purple flashlight in their face. "Bletchley Park manor. Go there, now. Kill all humans you find! Capture the one known as General Wynn! If you see any superhuman foes, slay them! Return here with Wynn, and only when all are dead at the manor! Go!"

He would do that to half a dozen prisoners at a time would wander away, confused, then transform into a beast/man and race off at their top speed, ignoring the slaughtered guards!

Frostbite muttered "I have... you?"

He saw again another image, one that looked like a hybrid of man and crocodile stood in the trees near Beltchley! Unlike the beasts that dashed past it, this one watched and waited! This was Bedlamm also! What was the man up to?

'Cloning' stated the computer. 'Bedlamm has cloned himself.'

Frostbite concentrated, then reeled. He found another Bedlamm, waiting in a car up the road from Bletchley, save in human form. Another in London, in the sewers, speaking to a small army of crocodile people, yet more in the North on the moors, a pack of Wolf people with Bedlamm the chief Wolf man! They waited near the grounds of stately home. Frostbite concentrated. He searched through the walls of the place, then reeled! "The King!" he muttered. The King was in a secret retreat, and Bedlamm was about to attack it!

"So many of them..." muttered Frostbite, then he came to his senses. Bedlamm had created an army of himself, and recruited prisoners as foot soldiers!

Frostbite
30/60htc
20/48htk
8 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 2
Dark power XP 1/10 (level 2)
Intangibility grade 5 (6fr)
Life Sense Grade 4 (6fr)
63 Dark Power points (6fr)
15 energy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 12 2012, 07:36

Admin wrote:"So many of them..." muttered Frostbite, then he came to his senses. Bedlamm had created an army of himself, and recruited prisoners as foot soldiers!

Frostbite
30/60htc
20/48htk
8 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 2
Dark power XP 1/10 (level 2)
Intangibility grade 5 (6fr)
Life Sense Grade 4 (6fr)
63 Dark Power points (6fr)
15 energy

OOC:
No worries mate, I'd have reminded you if it went on for much longer ;-) but it happens so rarely I'd imagine you'd have gone back and spotted it before it came to that, anyway.

As regards Points I want to heal myself up first and then its about taking down the Bedlamm that has targeted the King. More on that in a moment.

Concentrating Frostbite seemed to grow stronger, a deeper lighter blue seemed to emanate from him. Then he turned to the others, "Its far worse than we imagined, Bedlamm has cloned or duplicated himself, one of him is even now recruiting prisoners as foot soldiers at a prison five miles away. They want Wynn, or I guess what Wynn and we all have in our possession. And he is willing to go to any length to get it. I must go, you should be safe here, these natural caves are unlikely to be found by the beasts - at least I hope so. But the shadows darken and its difficult to know if they might exploit this or just be happy to feed as we despair!"

With that Frostbite saluted and affirmed that he would be back again, informing the others of your whereabouts and trying to secure Bletchley from further attack.

With that Frostbite flew straight back up but avoiding the way he came, he then reached out with his mind to the others to tell them what had happened. "Lionheart I want you and Beth, when you've done here, to go to this location, its a prison five miles from here and take out Bedlamm's operation. But also tell the others Bedlamm has cloned himself he is also here and here." Further locations and images floated through Lionhearts mind. He would have to make sure the others knew what was happening before taking off.

"Feel free to take out the soldiers you meet on the way. I'm off to try and save the King."

Having shown a mental picture that Lionheart could see and know mentally how it stood from their current location, Frostbite then shot off. He knew he needed more of the dark power if he was going to get to Bedlamm, and more than that he was going to have to find out the man's secrets if he hoped to capture all his clones.

OOC:
Ok having told everyone the deal and hopefully put them in a position where they can do something about the Bedlamm's present. I will call on the dark power and use the most expedient means of travel for the time I've got either teleport or flight combined with my Intangibility to get to the location where Bedlamm was.

Out of interest, is there some way I can use the sense life skill and just use it to kill his clones remotely in some fashion or switch them off? I just think if there is a way to stop us running in 50 different directions that might be a good thing.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 12 2012, 21:50

"They have Lunarium in them," Bulletman tells NoMan. "That means I can affect them. Reduce their effectiveness. Let's get over there and take those guys out!"

actions: Bulletman uses his flight pack to get in range and then reduces the Lunarium's powers on as many as he can in range.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13 2012, 20:29

Frostbite touches the remote earpiece that connects him to the various V-Ships and to each member of the team that wears one. Having told the others about the threat the army of Bedlamm represents, he tells those in the cave to stay put.

"Not bloody likely!" said Slobotham. "General Wynn needs medical attention mate, or hadn't you noticed?"

"Calm down Slobotham" sighed Forbes. "You are of course, right Frostbite. General Wynn would be the first to tell you to go save the King."

Beth/Sunburst tipped her head slightly to one side. "Perhaps I can be of assistance?" she offered. She intensified the glow from her body to light up the cavern a fair distance, revealing its sheer expanse! Then, to the amazement of all looking on, she separated... quite literally split into half a dozen separate beings! One of the beings morphed into a shining light, then into some kind of complex machine which another Sunburst wheeled to stand over Wynn.

"Now hold on a second..." said Slobotham.

"Please do not be alarmed. I will scan General Wynns condition and peform nano surgery on him if required." she replied.

Dawson took Frostbite aside, whilst not taking his eyes off the multiple Sunbursts. "Can we trust her now? I know she *used* to be Beth Carter, but Wynn is a friend, and vital to this nations defence, as you all are!" he looked worried, then turned back to Frostbite. "Hurry back son."

One of the Sunbursts came over to Frostbite. "Joe. Be careful. I came back for you... I know I'm..." her voice faltered, then she straightened. "I will try my best to keep General Wynn alive."

Frostbite nodded, then concentrated and acknowledged the others in the cavern. Then he concentrated on the Kings country retreat and...

OOC life sense is just that - an ability to sense life. To be able to remotely kill at a distance you'd have to spend plenty of Dark power points, and doing such an inherently evil act would probably double the Dark powers ego for the roll. As for the Dark power, I'll assume you split your points 50/50 or as near as on healing htc/htk then call on more dark power... No one gives me any clues any more on how much to draw on Razz, so I will assume 8 points, plus Dark power growth 2 for a Dark power ego of 10. Frostbites roll of 7 + Ego 12=19. Dark powers roll of 8 plus ego 10=18. No hero point needed... Roll 1,2,9,5,6,6,7,1 (37 x 2=74 points) enough to buy Teleportation Grade 4 (65 points) and have 14 Dark power points remaining

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
8 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 3
Dark power XP 2/10 (level 2)
Intangibility grade 5 (2fr)
Life Sense Grade 4 (2fr)
Teleportation (8fr)
Dark power points 14 (8fr)
14 Dark power points remaining
15 energy

OOC unless Frostbite wants to do anything else in the cavern I will assume he...

...Teleported (OOC Costing 15htc), reappearing outside the front door of the great house that served as the Royal Families secret retreat. All about, soldiers stood guard, looking outwards for enemies. Frostbite recalled that Bedlamm had been suited and 'seemed' official, like he was meant to be there. Frostbite strode in through the door and into the hall of the mansion, then strode across a dozen metres of marble floor, not really touching it, phasing through the wall of a drawing room, then into the room itself...

Where Bedlamm stood, jacket open, back to Frostbite. On the floor were a pair of suited soldiers/bodyguards, looks of horror frozen on their face! Chances are they were dead! The King stood, his regal bearing apparent even as he recognised mortal danger! "What is the meaning of this!" he cried.

Bedlamm grinned. "I have a message for you your majesty!"

'The man Bedlamm is wearing a device that directly attacks the mind of its targets! You have only moments to act before he turns the King into a brain dead vegetable!' said the Frostbot!

OOC you are intangible, 4m from Bedlamm who has his back to you, and he's just about to mind zap the King. You have 1 action (2 frames) to act... *countdown tune playing*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Apr 14 2012, 09:57

Admin wrote:Frostbite OOC you are intangible, 4m from Bedlamm who has his back to you, and he's just about to mind zap the King. You have 1 action (2 frames) to act... *countdown tune playing*

OOC:
Oh man choices, choices, do I do a quick blast, do I teleport him out, do I push into the floor below, or Dark power blast him, or energy blast him! Either way it has to be effective or else the moment is gone.

Frostbite knew he had but a hairs breadth of notice to act, or else his mission would fail. Bedlamm could afford to die, he had back up clones, he knew striking a man in the back might seem cowardly. But Bedlamm had already proven his malicious intent and Frostbite cared little for social niceties when the man would have any number of clones ready to act in his stead. Calling on the dark power, he shouted but only so the man could look him in the eye as he fired also shouting for the King to duck.

OOC:
Ok dark power blast all HTC, I want to take him out and if possible make sure that I can read his mind after we've got him. But I also don't wish to use lethal force so close to his intended target. To make sure I hit with effectiveness assume I will use another Hero point if necessary. Otherwise all 14 points on the blast to take him out or prevent him from making his intended attack. Once that is done, if he is still up then I will get to him and teleport him high above so that he can be less able to threaten and use me. Assuming I have the chance I am going to read his mind and use what I know to try and get the rest of the Bedlamm's get the upper ground if possible.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 15 2012, 23:13

Lionheart and Sunburst

Lionhearts power set:
Str G3 (6/6)
Speed G3 (6/12)
Hyper field G1 (1/13)
Telekensis G1 (1/14)
Telempathy G1 (1/15)

Lionheart rushed to the door, able only to use his strength to press against it as the creatures pushed from the other side! Even so, he grinned. Where the metal had bent, twisted and given way, Lionheart was resolute, unyielding... he felt the numbers and strength of the creatures on the other side, but where each of those could lift a ton, perhaps 2, he, Lionheart, could probably press around 80 tons or so! He turned, one hand holding the door steady and spoke to Sunburst, calm. "Get ready!" he smiled.

"Showoff!" she replied, childish grin on her face as she turned to the others "Cover your faces! Shut your eyes! Don't even *think* about looking, or you WILL be blinded!" With that she nodded to Lionheart.

Moving at superhuman speed Lionheart simply... stepped aside! The door clanged flat on the floor followed by a heap of furry muscle! The creatures scrambled up, intent on devouring those inside...

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #9 In Englands Green Imperilled Land... - Page 2 Whomp

Even with his eyes shut and turned away, Lionheart cried out, such was the intensity of the beam!

When he opened them, he saw the stunned, blinded creatures in the doorway, and a few more in the infirmary. They mewled helplessly, brains overloaded with the brightness of the sun having been unleashed unexpectedly at them!

"R...Richard?" spluttered Beth...

He turned, blinking and still seeing spots, but gasped when he saw her! She was naked, covering herself with her hands as best she could and crouched on the floor defensively... and she looked human! Human... for the most part. Dotted over her body were circular silver coloured discs about the size of a two pence piece. Lionheart figured that they were solar cells of some kind, and she'd just expended her complete energy reserves on that one blast!

"R..Richarrrhhh ohhhh...." she muttered, and keeled over, flopping into a heap on the ground! Before he could race to her side he heard the roar of an attacking creature, and turned in time to see a Rhino man charge across the infirmary, smashing beds to shards without a thought, and what looked to be a Crocodile man, moving on all fours behind the charging Rhino! Lionheart glanced back at Beth - he was sure that without solar energy, she would die! But these creatures would kill the people he was sworn to protect unless he stopped them!

Lionheart tried to blank out the harrowing sight of the infirmary walls splattered with the remains of the unfortunates who'd been in the beds...

OOC Initiative 9 Heroes 6 Bad guys. 2 frames. They are 10m away and running across the infirmary at the doorway. The Rhino man won't be too bothered if he tramples his fellows on his way to getting Lionheart!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 15 2012, 23:30

What's happening to Bulletman, NoMan and Gravity Girl?
Back to watching Tom Baker's premiere as the Doctor in Robot.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 15 2012, 23:51

Bulletman used his jetpack to soar over the battlefield, swooping low and wobbling uncertainly as he controlled the Jetpack as best he could at speed and low altitude.

With every pass he 'turned off' the power of the Lunarium implanted into the Ani-Men...

Gravity Girl, slowing down the creatures as best she could, watched them slow with every pass of Bulletman overhead and turned to the men and women she was ushering into the building. "Shoot them! Fire everything you have at the creatures Bulletman flies over!"

NoMan leapt to the back of one such weakened creature, struggled for moments that felt like hours but were in fact only heartbeats, and twisted the creatures head savagely to the side with a CRICK!

The rattle of gunfire rang out, scything into the Ani-Men that had been weakened by Bulletmans constant swoops. Some, out of range of Bulletmans power, barely slowed as bullets kicked up puffs of dust from their hides, then sprinted towards the fleeing group of humans! Another pass saw them weakened and this time the bullets bit hard into their weakened forms...

Bulletman allowed himself a brief moment to relax and it was then that he was struck from behind and above!

OOC Roll 15 + WC2 + DC6 + Modifier 3=26-17=9 accuracy + 9htk (claws) + 8 strength modifier=26htk. No response possible - you didn't see it coming, intent as you were on your passes over the creatures. Reduced by dividers to 8htk.

Bulletman
67/88htk
66Htc
Hero points 6

Bulletman grunted in pain and spun, smoke spiralling behind him as he shot up into the air...

A creature like a giant hawk crossed with a human swooped up, far more proficient and manoeuvrable than Bulletman with a jetpack! It circled, and started to dive for another pass!

OOC This Ani-man is much, much more agile in the air than Bulletman, it should be stressed. Harder to strike, faster in the turn, higher dodge mod... this is no pushover and its in and out of range before you can say... "Which way did he go?" Initiative... 4 heroes 2 Bad guys. 1 frame. It's 30m away and turning around for another swoop...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 15 2012, 23:55

DavidMcMahon wrote:What's happening to Bulletman, NoMan and Gravity Girl?
Back to watching Tom Baker's premiere as the Doctor in Robot.

OOC Cross posted with Bulletman, NoMan and Gravity Girl... great minds think alike etc Shocked Tom Baker... that has to be, what 1978 or thereabouts? I'd have to check, but I was an avid fan back in the day when he wore his fifty foot long coloured scarf... Checked - turns out I was 3 when he took on the role so I won't remember that too well. Took a few years after that before we got a colour tv...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 16 2012, 00:32

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
7 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 3
Teleportation (4fr)
Dark power points 14 (4fr)
4 Dark power points remaining
15 energy

OOC 10 Dark Power points buys a 20m Htc WC2 x2 damage -1DD blast. You want to use a hero point, probably wise choice as chances are this power level blast won't put the bad guy down and he *will* kill the King if he attacks with his mind gizmo. You'd actually have been better off using your energy attack and attacking twice with a Quick Blast. Your call though. Roll 11 + WC2 + DC10 + Hero Point Roll 9=32-17=15 accuracy x2 damage = 30htc. That leaves the bad guy on 5htc and he's staggered... He attacks the King... Roll 12 + Ego 15 - 2 modifier (staggered) vs King George VI. Roll 15 (doubled) + Ego 8=23. Only 2 accuracy and multiplied by 2... 4htk.

The King cries out, clutching his head!

Bedlamm staggers, turning round and Frostbite sees a contraption of some kind strapped to Bedlamms chest, wires running from a chestplate to the crazed killers head!

'A cerebral amplifier' stated the Computer (Frostbot). 'Crude but serviceable technology. It looks to be derived from the Skrall or possibly the Qrii. It will amplify the users base emotions - in the case of the user his unbridled hatred - into a focussed beam of psionic energy that can overload the mind of the target. Repeated use will render the user brain dead.'

Frostbite couldn't see past the villain to see the welfare of the King. It was a race now - to see if Frostbite could stop the madman in front of him before he finished off the King of England!

OOC Initiative Heroes 8 Bad guys 10. He has a frame... but needs an action. Will hold it. You have four frames. A higher roll would have seen him able to attack the King again...Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 16 2012, 06:59

Admin wrote:Lionheart and Sunburst

Lionhearts power set:
Str G3 (6/6)
Speed G3 (6/12)
Hyper field G1 (1/13)
Telekensis G1 (1/14)
Telempathy G1 (1/15)

OOC Initiative 9 Heroes 6 Bad guys. 2 frames. They are 10m away and running across the infirmary at the doorway. The Rhino man won't be too bothered if he tramples his fellows on his way to getting Lionheart!

Lionheart didn't hesitate, speeding forward he grabbed the unyielding Beth, scooped her up and ran from the building toward Sunlight.

OOC:
Go to get Beth to the Light, and then hopefully knowing she can take care of herself from there, rush back to pummel Rhino.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 16 2012, 07:07

Admin wrote:Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
7 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 3
Teleportation (4fr)
Dark power points 14 (4fr)
15 energy

OOC Initiative Heroes 8 Bad guys 10. He has a frame... but needs an action. Will hold it. You have four frames. A higher roll would have seen him able to attack the King again...Over to you...[/i][/color]

OOC:Oh didn't know which one would be more effective, I'm not someone who is an optimiser, but had my character have known he would have taken that option. I tell you the other thing I wasn't sure, since being in Avalon, what my powers were now. Do I have grade 2 energy manipulation - I don't think I do so I am not sure if I had access to that or not hence also my confusion. Opps just checked quick blast is to do with energy attack so I think now comparing, Frostbite would have taken the optimum choice - but since I didn't then we get the mess that was my last attack - DOH!

Frostbite didn't hesitate, seeing how for once his own Dark Power hadn't done the job, he fell back on his one quick blast, to Freeze Bedlam in place.

OOC:
ok two quick blasts, or maybe slow blasts as I want to make sure I don't miss, so I might take more time to add a modifier, although I guess with the King on the floor, there is less chance of a stray blast hitting him. I will tell the King to get down, if he isn't already.

If I do knock him down with one blast, I will add the Coup De Grace to make sure he isn't able to hurt anyone before checking that the king is ok. I will then make sure that his guards and defences are more secure and that this house is no longer safe, if someone like Bedlamm could have found it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 16 2012, 12:05

Bulletman

moving in and out of range of his Lunarium dampening field before it can affect it eh? Good thing he has teammates. Bulletman dives towards the ground like he is trying to get away from the flying Animan. But actually, he is trying to get it within range of Gravity Girl's powers.

"Gravity Girl! A little help," he calls out.

ooc: Tom Baker took over Dr. Who in 1975 when I was 15. I never saw the first year or so of his run. And he is the first doctor who is able to make commentary on the DVDs, so that is great to listen to as well.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18 2012, 00:21

Lionheart moved faster than most human eyes could follow. He scooped up the slumped form, dashing from the corridor through the infirmary, down other corridors, past desperate soldiers trying to hold off animal/human hybrids that slashed and tore with unbridled ferocity, and moved on after slaying the hapless DICE personnel!

Speeding out into the open air, he looked up... a cloudy sky! Still, he felt Beth stir in his grip, and pulled off his jacket to cover her shivering form. Until the direct rays of the sun shone on her, she would be vulnerable and unconscious! Lionheart looked about... here, there, pockets of resistance against the onslaught of the Ani-Men still held out. He saw a larger group with Gravity Girl directing its defence, along with Bulletman in the air. His superhuman mind figured it was NoMan, in the form of a female Cheetah/Human, slashing at the form of a Wolf Man.

He could leave Beth where she was and head back to save those in the corridor, but without sunlight she was, effectively, a normal human being! Out here... with these beasts running about? Gravity Girl and her group could probably do with some help...

Just then he turned. A creature that looked like a Hyena/Human was rushing straight at him and Beth!

OOC it's 30m away and closing, but will need a round to get there. Lionheart could be at it in half a frame of course, but every second he delays risks the lives of those in the corridor near the infirmary. The sun isn't shining at the moment, no surprise being Britain, but a quick hop above the clouds might well sort Beth out...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18 2012, 00:46

Steeple_jackuk wrote:
.k]OOC:Oh didn't know which one would be more effective, I'm not someone who is an optimiser, but had my character have known he would have taken that option. I tell you the other thing I wasn't sure, since being in Avalon, what my powers were now. Do I have grade 2 energy manipulation - I don't think I do so I am not sure if I had access to that or not hence also my confusion. Opps just checked quick blast is to do with energy attack so I think now comparing, Frostbite would have taken the optimum choice - but since I didn't then we get the mess that was my last attack - DOH!

Frostbite didn't hesitate, seeing how for once his own Dark Power hadn't done the job, he fell back on his one quick blast, to Freeze Bedlam in place.

OOC:
ok two quick blasts, or maybe slow blasts as I want to make sure I don't miss, so I might take more time to add a modifier, although I guess with the King on the floor, there is less chance of a stray blast hitting him. I will tell the King to get down, if he isn't already.

If I do knock him down with one blast, I will add the Coup De Grace to make sure he isn't able to hurt anyone before checking that the king is ok. I will then make sure that his guards and defences are more secure and that this house is no longer safe, if someone like Bedlamm could have found it.

Sj

OOC run out of time here *sigh* but enough to answer a few questions. Your dark power blast is (by far) the best option you have against living beings, but it needs more points than you have, probably 20-30 more to bring it beyond what you can do with an Energy Blast. That said, sleep is overrated, let's sort this out with 2 Quick Blasts with Frostys energy blast (x2 damage apiece). Roll 7 + WC3 + DC10=20-17=3 accuracy x2=6htc

Frostbite 'winged' Bedlamm again, spinning him about, but he was still up! No... the King! He pulled up his other hand to fire again!

OOC Roll 16 + WC3 + DC10 = 29-17=12 accuracy x2 damage. 24htc. Now that's more like it!

With a second shot he sent the madman sprawling, frost covered and unconscious!

The King looked up. Despite the fear in his eyes his voice was steady, unwavering... "Damn and blast, but I've got a bloody headache!" he said, looking at the downed madman. "Who is he... and who are you? Oh... thank you, by the way!"

OOC Frosty has 11/15 energy remaining. He has Field Manipulation Grade 1 (cold) and yeah, I haven't updated the sheet yet because its in the same place as the Stone Fist/Jade Hood sheets are I expect (hence my having to retype them... D'oh). Oh, and you saved the King...

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
7 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 3
Teleportation (2fr)
Dark power points 4 (2fr)
15 energy

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18 2012, 01:00

OOC Updated Frostys sheet (see in character sheet section). Will update Bulletman and co first thing in the morning, but if Lionheart/Sunburst lend them a hand it will definitely turn the tide of the battle.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 18 2012, 07:16

Admin wrote:Lionheart Just then he turned. A creature that looked like a Hyena/Human was rushing straight at him and Beth!

OOC it's 30m away and closing, but will need a round to get there. Lionheart could be at it in half a frame of course, but every second he delays risks the lives of those in the corridor near the infirmary. The sun isn't shining at the moment, no surprise being Britain, but a quick hop above the clouds might well sort Beth out...

Seeing little choice but to keep Beth near him, Lionheart decided to place himself in a better position. So Fido wants to play, lets see if he can catch me?"

With that Lionheart shot off toward the others.

OOC:
Ok I am aiming to close up the gap, that way when I put Beth down, I know she won't get jumped with my back turned and leading the creature toward the others means I can use my abilities better to aid them and them me. I want to turn things around here, and leave Beth with them, so I can get back to helping the others. Seem callous to have left them, but Beth is too important not to rescue. Ok soon as she is safe with the others, I will turn around and charge Fido giving him a mighty blow to think twice about, before taking off to help the others and calling Bulletman's team to follow when they can.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 18 2012, 07:32

[quote="Admin"]
Steeple_jackuk wrote:With a second shot he sent the madman sprawling, frost covered and unconscious!

The King looked up. Despite the fear in his eyes his voice was steady, unwavering... "Damn and blast, but I've got a bloody headache!" he said, looking at the downed madman. "Who is he... and who are you? Oh... thank you, by the way!"

OOC Frosty has 11/15 energy remaining. Oh, and you saved the King...

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
7 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 3
Teleportation (2fr)
Dark power points 4 (2fr)
15 energy

OOC: Don't know if this is effecting anyone else, but I seem to need to sign back into the DS forum quiet a lot at the moment. More so than I used to. Whereas I could go months without having to sign in, now I have to sign back in every couple of weeks sometimes a week. Is there any setting we can use to leave us signed in?

"Your Majesty, my name is Frostbite, I work with the super science division of the Army, called Dice. I received advanced intelligence about an attack on you. And it seems I wasn't a moment too soon."

Moving over to the Villain Bedlamm, whilst talking to the King, Frostbite applied the Coup de grace, before continuing. "Your Majesty, what I am about to tell you is probably going to sound like madness, but this man was a Nazi agent, a scientist who has sought to establish his own twisted ideals on your people. He has combined animal and human qualities to create hybrid creatures that are neither but slaves to his will. He, like his former master, seeks domination."

Picking up Bedlamm, without effort, Frostbite finished. "Your Majesty, if this man could find you its plain that you're present defence arrangements are insufficient and we need, the Nation and the common wealth needs you to be safe at this time. We must take whatever actions is necessary to ensure you and your family are safe."

With that Frostbite called in the security agents from outside and gave them a quick run down of what he had discovered. He ignored incredulous stares, his appearance alone should itself make it clear that these men were in the presence of something extraordinary. Let alone the frosted and captured Bedlamm!

OOC:
Ok not sure if my work here is done or not, but want to get back to the others asap, whilst I am still able to. Or indeed to help defeat the other Bedlamm's like the one at the Prison! But feel free to move me along as necessary. At some point I want to make sure that this Bedlamm is holed up somewhere safe, I will remove the key components from his mind device but leave if for the boffins to study at some future point.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18 2012, 16:22

Bulletman glanced about. In a straight line his jetpack, powered by Lunarium, could be pushed to speeds he couldn't even measure, and he felt sure that he could outrun this thing chasing him, but that wasn't the point. If it didn't nab him, it'd go for someone else...

He shouted out to Gravity Girl then flew towards her, glancing over his shoulder...

The hawk creature caught up rapidly, reached out with its claws for his back... it was nearly there, nearly...

Suddenly it dropped like a brick and smashed into the turf on the lawn, tumbling and chewing it up, sending grass all over the place! Using its sudden lethargy (having had its weight multiplied) to his advantage, Bulletman thrust a hand out, detected the Lunarium nodule in the base of its neck, then turned its power down...

Bullets hammered into the thing as the DICE soldiers came forward. One shouted "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" and tossed a grenade which rolled to the creatures feet...

WUMPH! The creature was blown into the air and tumbled, crashing into a heap of blood, feathers and shredded skin! Amazingly, it was still alive and staggered to its feet, only to fall in a hail of fire!

Getting bolder, and with Bulletman weakening the creatures with Gravity Girl applying pressure with her power, the DICE agents spread out and poured on fire with guns. Suddenly the battle changed, and the Ani-Men were being pushed back! NoMan, as a Cheetah, sped about, dragging those who dried to escape the influence of the various forces on them back into range. Unhampered by the need for Lunarium, he enjoyed the full speed and power of the Ani-Woman he'd copied with none of the weaknesses!

OOC you have a choice - you can continue to hold them back and even drive them off outside, go into the building to help those being hunted through the corridors of Bletchley, or hook up with Lionheart and Sunburst to see if they need help. Whilst the Ani-Men are in range of Bulletmans AND Gravity Girls powers, they are sitting ducks and enough bullets will cut them down. It's not fair, and its not pretty, but this is war...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18 2012, 23:50

Lionheart turned and ran towards where the others were making a stand. Bulletman had pulled a winged Ani-Man towards the group and Gravity Girl applied her super heavy weight to it, sending it crashing to the ground! After that the DICE operatives laid in with hand guns and the odd rifle, along with a grenade.

When Lionheart arrived, some distance in front of the Wolf Man chasing him, he saw the DICE operatives with the Vanguard were advancing from their position of safety behind sandbags. He ordered a couple to hang back and look after Beth and any wounded.

With that, he turned and sped towards the Wolf Man!

OOC initiative... Heroes 4 bad guys 7. 2 frames to the bad guy who uses it to close the distance and get within melee range. 5 frames to Lionheart. He punches, Roll 10 + DC6 + WC3=19-17=2 accuracy + 2htc + 35 from Strength (total 39) /3 = 13htc

Lionheart smacks the Wolf Creature in the face! It tumbles back some 8m across the chewed up lawns (OOC and will need a frame to get up).

OOC wanting to press the attack and polish it off or leave it to the others and get back to the Infirmary? You have 4 frames, and at the speed Lionheart moves (96m/frame acceleration up to twice the speed of sound) it won't be long before he gets back to the place. Your call.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 19 2012, 00:09

OOC: Don't know if this is effecting anyone else, but I seem to need to sign back into the DS forum quiet a lot at the moment. More so than I used to. Whereas I could go months without having to sign in, now I have to sign back in every couple of weeks sometimes a week. Is there any setting we can use to leave us signed in?

OOC I'm finding the same thing. No idea what it is. I have switched to Chrome as well as Firefox and both need the same log in fairly frequently, so no idea Sad

"Your Majesty, my name is Frostbite, I work with the super science division of the Army, called Dice. I received advanced intelligence about an attack on you. And it seems I wasn't a moment too soon."

"I should say so young chap!" said the King, straightening up. "Where are my supposed guards? How on earth did this fellow get past them all! Damned if you won't get a medal for this youngster! And... are you an American?"

Moving over to the Villain Bedlamm, whilst talking to the King, Frostbite applied the Coup de grace, before continuing. "Your Majesty, what I am about to tell you is probably going to sound like madness, but this man was a Nazi agent, a scientist who has sought to establish his own twisted ideals on your people. He has combined animal and human qualities to create hybrid creatures that are neither but slaves to his will. He, like his former master, seeks domination."

"Ah, that might explain a few things. Been seeing the reports from the chaps at Whitehall and I couldn't believe what I was reading till I heard it from Mr Churchills mouth the other day. And now I've seen it. The world really is changing! Flying men, rocket ships, alien invasions, super nazis! Whatever next? A vast creature from outer space intent on devouring the Earth?" he chuckled. "Makes one almost afraid to check their own shadow, make sure it isn't sticking a dagger or some such into ones back, eh?" he laughed, using a shaking hand to pour himself a drink.

Picking up Bedlamm, without effort, Frostbite finished. "Your Majesty, if this man could find you its plain that you're present defence arrangements are insufficient and we need, the Nation and the common wealth needs you to be safe at this time. We must take whatever actions is necessary to ensure you and your family are safe."

The King thought for a moment. "Very well, looks like it's to be Balmoral till this blows over. I feel like a coward though, hiding away with the family. I only came up here because they said it'd be away from London where the nazis are intent on levelling the place. Then we hear on the wireless that huge... ships.. are flying through the air and that the Vanguard are racing to battle them! Makes one believe that the Earth is coming to an end. Not on your watch, eh, lad?". The King settled down into a chair, thinking things over. "Give 'em what for." he said quietly. "Don't hold back. Nothing is sacred to these Nazis any more..."

With that Frostbite called in the security agents from outside and gave them a quick run down of what he had discovered. He ignored incredulous stares, his appearance alone should itself make it clear that these men were in the presence of something extraordinary. Let alone the frosted and captured Bedlamm!

Guards rushed in, levelling weapons. The King himself had to appease and admonish them for being duped by the villain encased in ice. Frostbite reached into the ice as if it were air and removed the components the computer designated as being vital to operate his device. 'Chances are the villain is mind wiped. That level of power should not be channelled through an untreated human mind.' advised the computer.

"Watch him and make sure he's doped up. The man is a menace, regardless of what you may think of his appearance!" said Frostbite, referring to the Bedlamm clones dishevelled look.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #9 In Englands Green Imperilled Land... - Page 2 Gene_young

OOC Options:

1) a hybrid of man and crocodile stood in the trees near Beltchley! Unlike the beasts that dashed past it, this one watched and waited! This was Bedlamm also!
2) another Bedlamm, waiting in a car up the road from Bletchley, save in human form.
3) Another in London, in the sewers, speaking to a small army of crocodile people,
4) yet more in the North on the moors, a pack of Wolf people with Bedlamm the chief Wolf man! They waited near the grounds of stately home. Frostbite concentrated. He searched through the walls of the place, then reeled! "The King!" he muttered. The King was in a secret retreat, and Bedlamm was about to attack it!

You've stopped Bedlamms' attack on the King, but his wolf pack remain on the moors near the grounds of this stately home. It's *possible* they may be waiting for some sign from Bedlamm, or for lack of a sign and spring into action. There's enough to easily overrun this place though, around a dozen.

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
7 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 3
11/15 energy Round 2/5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next