The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

3 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 23 2021, 17:32

ooc: Don't know if you have seen Loki on Disney+ but he is dealing with the TVA [not Tennessee Valley Authority which was the first TVA] but the Time Variance Authority and they have collected so many power stones from so many alternate realities - the ones Thanos worked so hard to collect - that they are just dumped into a junk drawer or used as paperweights by the desk jockeys at the TVA because they are pretty much worthless to the level of power the TVA has. Guess the Gauntlet is something like that - just pull one out of a junk drawer and toss it back into the appropriate reality that needs one. geek

Steeple_jackuk wrote:
Admin wrote:OOC That's a wrap for Lionheart this issue. My next post will have Lionheart and Miss V back at the Ultrahumans HQ/Meeting in new York...

OOC: SO cool, the network of villains, reminds me of the days when Doc Ock had his henchmen to spy on things - only, Nexus is a Doomsday level baddie.  And the Nexus Ascendant has overtones of hail Hydra etc.  Loving it.  

Sj
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 23 2021, 17:45

Miss Victory wondered if she could be strong enough to actually carry G-Jr. and jump away with it to an area where it could collapse and die or maybe get it out to the ocean and let that place be it's grave. It looked like it had grown so big it couldn't provide either whatever kind of air or blood to its system and would die soon. Maybe she could pick it up and it would be too weak to struggle much against her?

ooc: So if I max her strength out to 23 that's over 200,000 tons [battleship weighs 12,500 tons and a modern sub weighs 25,000 tons]. Then put the remaining 6 points into either running or leaping [probably leaping is best], that would be 16 mile leaps. Of course this only works if we apply comic book logic that says you can pick up or push against any size object by one small section and it won't break apart on you, which is how Superman keeps buildings from falling over by using his strength on only one section of a wall.
Razz

Admin wrote:MISS VICTORY

The trail the giant lizard creature had left was easily to follow.

Flattened trees, smoking and ruined cars, smashed houses... People screaming and pointing, dazed and not sure what had just passed through.

It had grown larger too.

By the time Miss V saw it's enormous bulk in the distance she estimated it to be over 1000' high...

Gaping... the heroine sped across the fields and farms the creature had made a beeline through, noting the enormous footprints that it had left. When it rained they'd be small lakes!

Getting closer, she saw the thing was staggering, and the noise it made... that wheezing, as it's evolving lungs tried not only to adapt to oxygen but to get enough in to sustain it...

She was strong enough (she figured) to punch this thing out but ... at this size anything it fell on would be crushed, completely!

Leaping into the air she scanned about and her heart sank. It was staggering towards a small town where people could see the thing from a great distance... Even though it was struggling it would be there in just a few strides!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 24 2021, 09:51

OOC We play a game that has people blasting lasers from their eyes and moving at near light speed. It's fair to assume we apply comic book 'logic'... Laughing

Switching to her strength using her vita energy Miss Victory had no trouble lifting the thing, despite it's colossal size!

OOC Well, when I say 'no trouble' it has 21APs growth and weighs 23APs. That's within Miss V's limit and she doesn't have to push to lift it. The creatures body increases by 21APs too so it won't result in punching through its skin either if applying logic...

With a titanic leap Miss Victory gets her bearings and leaps towards the East and the coast...

Even with her speed it takes almost a minute to get near to the shores of the Atlantic ocean because she had to be careful where she landed. The physics of moving such a massive thing meant that there were massive craters with every landing and she cringed at the thought of Farmers trying to salvage something from a flattened field!

Before she can get to the sea though Miss Victory starts to struggle... the thing is getting bigger. It's breaths were rasping too, and with a great heaving shudder the giant creature... bursts!

=========

With her tattered uniform now more or less gone Miss Victory might normally have been trying to cover herself.

She was already covered though in head to foot green gunk! The creature had continued to grow until it reached a limit then simply exploded whilst she carried it! Luckily (OOC comic book 'luck' and 'logic' again) she'd been in a valley away from any roads or buildings. Now the rolling valley was covered in foot thick deep biological sludge!

It was dead, no doubt, and that brought the end of the creature finally. She couldn't help but think these creatures had tasted the chance of life and power in another dimension....

OOC that's a wrap! Miss V can tell the authorities to come and clean this mess up and she'll have to deal with the authorities to determine what happens to Professor Johanson. She will also need a new costume, a shower, and to get to the Ultrahumans meeting in new York...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 24 2021, 12:15

ooc: Wonder which authorities to call? EPA[Environmental Protection Agency]? CDC[Center for Disease Control]? Military and have their NBC[nuclear biological chemical] units come out? Or 911 and just let everyone pass the buck around until someone decides they will take charge of cleaning up? Question

Probably 911 would be quickest and best choice.

Not sure what to do about Professor Johanson. Did he actually violate any laws? [superhero world might have different laws about scientific experiments] Would this just be considered a horrible accident that just results in him being charged with something like "unintended manslaugter" or something similar? His insurance rates will go up? He gets slapped with some big fines for unsafe work environment? Sounds more like a job for a lawyer than a nerho. lol!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 24 2021, 22:20

OOC Who cleans up the heroes' mess? Good question. I'm sure every time the Ultrahumans go to bat insurance rates go up and politicians cry foul, though they'd be louder still if the Ultras didn't do anything about bad guys drop kicking cop cars on the evening news and tossing gas tankers through the sky to make a fireworks show...

Next post I'll tot up the HP awards and dole them out. It might be less than usual because despite the fight against Omega Man (the toughest fight in this issue though the Demons put up a fight then you guys had your own troubles with your side adventures) it was mostly even odds on winning. Last issue obviously you went through the wringer and I hope you feel like your characters got a breather this time around!

On another note you may (or someone looking at this) may think advancement is pretty fast. Yes... and no. It took 6 1/2 months to finish this issue so by that rate you get three HP awards every two years, which I don't think is a bad rate. Anyway, watch out for the award in the next day or so and a new issue by the weekend (or Monday) all being well.

Just so you guys know, I expect to exchange contracts on a house tomorrow. This week has been a rollercoaster with Monday expecting the whole thing to fall through and frantic phone calls/emails later to fix things to today handing over £23k to start the finishing up process of buying a house, my first since splitting with the wife 6 years ago and being in rental since. I'll be having a busy month with sorting things out but expect I'll need my gaming fix to take my mind off things. That said there may be 2-3 days where I'm up to my eyeballs (having not got a great amount of time off work either, so juggling that too) so I hope you understand! Phew!

Got there in the end! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 24 2021, 23:31

I bet folks with matter manipulation powers make a killing repairing all the damage done by supers.

"Your house has been destroyed in a battle between Dr. Doomsday and Prof. Righteous? Call Matter Man! He will fix it as good as new! Reasonable rates! Call now and the next 10 callers get a 10% discount on the price! Operators standing by!"

drunken drunken lol!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 28 2021, 19:21

OOC I came up with a standard award of 38HP

Opposition Equal (some argument to be made for 'Superior') 20HP
Critical Points (to spot things, figure stuff out where required) 'Even Odds' 3HP
Permenant NonFatal (to hold the President hostage and undermine the government of a country, to plunge it into anarchy and have far reaching consequences - weakening the place so much that ADVENT goes in for example, or the bad guys take over. Stopping the Nexus gauntlet from falling into wrong hands is a big plus, as is stopping Godzilla jr and his super evolving buddies from conquering the Earth is another) 10HP
Area of consequence (Nationwide, though an argument to be made for worldwide by destabilising the USA) 5HP

They are handed out for:

Participation (excellent as usual)
Role Playing (superb)
Saving Bystanders (where possible - this was an 'Empire Strikes Back' scenario where the characters were in damage limitation mode for the most part)
Miscellaneous (your adventure within an adventure)

Technically you thwarted the bad guys by stopping the invasion/bad guys getting hold of the Nexus gauntlet, but the President was taken and that was a slim to no chance of success to rescue her.

152HP each

Lionheart now has 222HP

Miss Victory now has 155HP
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 28 2021, 22:08

I wish to have Miss Victory develop Telescopic Vision of 8. I think that is going to cost 130 HP. Put the rest to the side to use in the next adventure or save to help buy more new stuff after the next adventure.

I was thinking of kicking her Systemic Antidote up to 5 with the Old Age Defense instead but I think after all these bad guys fighting from a distance, Telescopic is a better power choice.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jun 29 2021, 12:56

DavidMcMahon wrote:I wish to have Miss Victory develop Telescopic Vision of 8.  I think that is going to cost 130 HP.  Put the rest to the side to use in the next adventure or save to help buy more new stuff after the next adventure.  

I was thinking of kicking her Systemic Antidote up to 5 with the Old Age Defense instead but I think after all these bad guys fighting from a distance, Telescopic is a better power choice.

I love the way Dave has an instent read on what to do, I'm kind Mah, I think I'll just save them. To be honest, you know me, I am not sure what else I would want for Lionheart maybe a take away a disadvantage or improve this stat by one or another. But I like him as he is, and am enjoying playing this way. But I also love that he has stepped into a much bigger world where things matter on a different level. So I think I am happy not to go for any upgrades and just bank the HP for now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 29 2021, 13:21

If I may, how about raising one or more of these:
Danger Sense
Telepathy
Telekinesis
Raise your Int by 1 which raises Detective and Medicine
Put it in your Power Reserve

Or lower your Burn Out disad on one or more powers

And in Miss Victory's case, she is just starting out so I have mostly planned out the next 1000 or so HP to spend so it is pretty easy to figure out what to do when I get the HP, except which one I want to work on first. Basketball

Steeple_jackuk wrote:
DavidMcMahon wrote:I wish to have Miss Victory develop Telescopic Vision of 8.  I think that is going to cost 130 HP.  Put the rest to the side to use in the next adventure or save to help buy more new stuff after the next adventure.  

I love the way Dave has an instent read on what to do, I'm kind Mah, I think I'll just save them.  To be honest, you know me, I am not sure what else I would want for Lionheart maybe a take away a disadvantage or improve this stat by one or another.  But I like him as he is, and am enjoying playing this way.  But I also love that he has stepped into a much bigger world where things matter on a different level.  So I think I am happy not to go for any upgrades and just bank the HP for now.  

Sj
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jun 29 2021, 17:17

DavidMcMahon wrote:If I may, how about raising one or more of these:
Danger Sense
Telepathy
Telekinesis
Raise your Int by 1 which raises Detective and Medicine
Put it in your Power Reserve

Or lower your Burn Out disad on one or more powers

I am glad that Miss V is able to kick things up a bit, since we are now going to be together for a bit it's good that I am not overshadowing her. I think all the suggestions you make are great. But for the same reason, I am happy to hold off on these until Miss V is a bit closer. I am not opposed to doing this, I guess it depends on cost but I am less worried about the mechanics and more that I don't end up romping away in terms of power and abilities and leave you further behind. It worked with Frostbite because I was controlling both, but I guess it depends on you and Paul and what we think is in keeping with the spirit of the campaign. I'm just not a power gamer Very Happy

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 29 2021, 17:42

Since most of these powers I suggested are below 11 bringing them up a bit would slowly move them up to the levels of your highest powers without overtaking them. Lionheart is very broadly based in powers and skills [which is what I prefer in my heroes as well, though others like to min-max] but some of them, the ones I listed are pretty weak, at or just barely above a street level hero. Bringing them up wouldn't overshadow Miss Victory or push Lionheart into a higher power bracket since they would still be weaker than his best attacks and defenses.

Right now, I'm bringing Miss Victory's lower powers, skills and attributes up to at least 8 as well as getting her a handful of super-senses. After that, then I will consider upping her power to above 23 but I'm going to hold off on going to 24+ for a long time.

But then again, if you don't change anything you will have tons of HP to burn through on the next phase of our adventure. flower

As the old saying goes, "Whatever Floats Your Boat!" lol!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 30 2021, 12:13

OOC I'm completing the house move today (just gathering myself to go collect the keys with a trembling hand) so won't be on till later on (still recovering from the England Game + beer last night) but as I understand:

Dave E - Save the HP (probably wise as even LH and Miss V have been kicked from pillar to post with the bad guys over the last two issues)

Dave M - Telescopic Vision, will take a look. I'd expect you math to be spot on as usual so should be just an update to the character sheet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 30 2021, 12:31

Admin wrote:OOC I'm completing the house move today (just gathering myself to go collect the keys with a trembling hand) so won't be on till later on (still recovering from the England Game + beer last night) but as I understand:

Dave E - Save the HP (probably wise as even LH and Miss V have been kicked from pillar to post with the bad guys over the last two issues)

Dave M - Telescopic Vision, will take a look. I'd expect you math to be spot on as usual so should be just an update to the character sheet.

All the best for that mate, difficult and exciting all at the same time.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11