The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

3 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Empty The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  Admin Thu Dec 03 2020, 21:55

OOC Arggh, body clock all over. Will see what I can get done before I have to go (back) to bed for tomorrows shift.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Demon-Lord

"Issue #2 WORLD UNDER SIEGE!"

"Superman!" shouted Captain Marvel. "That's magic! As in..."

"I know Captain." muttered Superman. "But there's no way I'm leaving here..."

A huge arm then a body and a full creature emerged, tearing the portal wider in order to do so! Miss Victory caught a glimpse of a fiery realm behind with THOUSANDS of teeming creatures and more of these larger demons shoving and pushing to emerge into the world! The creature hissed, roared and spoke in a long dead language, the sound like a dagger down a blackboard!

"We need to get people out of here!" shouted Superman over the howl of a fierce hot wind!

"And find a way to close that hole!" said Captain Marvel. He took to the air and floated in front of the Demon, barring it from stepping forward and leaving space for the others behind it!

Miss Victory felt the hairs on the back of her neck ripple - magic! She wasn't particularly vulnerable to it nor was she resistant! Magic presented the unknown and that spelled danger!

=========

General Battle looked at the vault. "Something is happening! Make ready! Whoever is coming out of that Vault and is NOT the President needs putting down! you MUST wait first!"

The General looked at dust falling from the ceiling. The heavy hitters pounding away at each other had paused for a moment but now something else was happening... and it wasn't something good!

=========

"I may need to stop to pee." said Wandafar.

Lionheart had been travelling subsonic to spare his friends ears but that would make the journey a matter of hours not minutes. He needed to seal the capsule somehow then he could pile on the speed. Or set Wandafar down at an airport.

Using his telescopic vision to check about for somewhere to use the toilet for Wandafar he scanned about. There. That would do.

On an impulse he turned back towards Washington and looked back, zooming in. Paramedics were scooping people into ambulances, Police securing the area... It seemed that the situation had... oh.

He saw 'something' appear in the air. Whatever it was, from here he couldn't make out the details but whether it was a good thing - more heroes turning up - or a bad thing, it would take minutes for him to get back if he carried Wandafar.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 04 2020, 15:51

"Superman!" shouted Captain Marvel. "That's magic! As in..."

"I know Captain." muttered Superman. "But there's no way I'm leaving here..."

A huge arm then a body and a full creature emerged, tearing the portal wider in order to do so! Miss Victory caught a glimpse of a fiery realm behind with THOUSANDS of teeming creatures and more of these larger demons shoving and pushing to emerge into the world! The creature hissed, roared and spoke in a long dead language, the sound like a dagger down a blackboard!

"We need to get people out of here!" shouted Superman over the howl of a fierce hot wind!

"And find a way to close that hole!" said Captain Marvel. He took to the air and floated in front of the Demon, barring it from stepping forward and leaving space for the others behind it!

Miss Victory felt the hairs on the back of her neck ripple - magic! She wasn't particularly vulnerable to it nor was she resistant! Magic presented the unknown and that spelled danger!

=========

General Battle looked at the vault. "Something is happening! Make ready! Whoever is coming out of that Vault and is NOT the President needs putting down! you MUST wait first!"

The General looked at dust falling from the ceiling. The heavy hitters pounding away at each other had paused for a moment but now something else was happening... and it wasn't something good!

"Superman! You got the people! Captain Marvel, you are magic, you got the demon and the portal and don't you have like a sister or wife and a son that have your powers? Can you call them to come help? I got the vault," Miss Victory yells out to the others, a little amazed that she is giving orders to such amazing and revered heroes.

ooc: Don't really like the idea of splitting up but if we concentrate on one problem, the other two could overwhelm us. Of course, splitting up like this could dilute our efficiency and overwhelm us too. Wonder if maybe Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr and the 3 Lt. Marvels will show up to help out too.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 04 2020, 21:07

Admin wrote:OOC Arggh, body clock all over. Will see what I can get done before I have to go (back) to bed for tomorrows shift.

OOC:Oh mate what a drag, hope you catch yourself up ok

=========

Admin wrote:"I may need to stop to pee." said Wandafar.

He saw 'something' appear in the air. Whatever it was, from here he couldn't make out the details but whether it was a good thing - more heroes turning up - or a bad thing, it would take minutes for him to get back if he carried Wandafar.

"Umm, something is happening at Washington, I might need to set you down and let you get back on your own!"

And with that Lionheart sped down as fast as he dares to go, dropping off his stout friend at the airport he had spotted before instinctively looking back to Washington. "Get yourself a flight if you can, if not, ermm well improvise, but either way Miss Victory and the gang look like trouble has started again and they may need me. Sorry, by, thanks!!!" Lionheart said awkwardly as he felt terribly guilty for not getting Wandafar home let alone having to cut and run. But this was the way it was, somedays. Wandafar was inventive, he'd probably build his own plane in no time and get back before he could book a flight anyway.

Now without having to worry about his friend's eardrums he opened up the speed mindful of those about him and the general atmosphere but not stopping to sight see, as he was needed.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 06 2020, 10:03

"Blummin typical." muttered Wandafar as he watched Lionheart speed off into the sky.

He looked about. He was in Backwatersville, nowhere in particular county. With a sigh he stripped off the space suit and stashed it in bushes and started walking with his short legs towards a sign towards the local airfield.

===========

Superman looked over then gave a wry smile. "Yes Ma'am!" he said and set to moving at superspeed, scooping people up and moving them away from the site before returning time and again.

Captain Marvel muttered "Solomon!" and a bolt of lightning zapped down from the sky and revealed Captain Marvel in a new light with a head of grey hair and long grey beard with a staff in hand!

Turning to the gate he spoke in an ancient long dead language and the demon was taken aback!

Miss Victory figured she needed to be downstairs and raced off to appear at General Battle's side in a rush of wind!

He started then grinned "Always a sight for sore eyes lady! I can imagine if we make it through this you'll be on posters and calendars all across these great United States of ours!"

The Vault door, unassuming but impregnable to even nuclear attack, had something playing across its surface - electricity shimmering. A loud clunking could be heard - locks of various kinds cycling.

The General glanced about at his super agents, all far out of their pay grade and unlikely to last more than a few seconds against someone who could smash the old justice league!

"Could do with more of you guys, your power level I mean." muttered the General. "I suspect whoever comes through that vault with the President will wade straight through us!"

Just then the gate CLUNKED!

Miss Victory, smart, and a scientist, quickly theorised...

OOC Int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:15 (23) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,12,+0 Total:13 (19)
+3 (to 11 Will) vs RV6=5 RAPs.

1) Opening the gate from the inside would have few, if any obstacles or hurdles to overcome
2-3) The President or her aides would know the codes and ways to open the vault. Others who helped in the design of the 'invulnerable box' that the vault was might also know what to do or have a good idea of how to get around the locks and safeguards but they would be on a trusted list and scattered to the four winds most likely.
4-6) The Prison and this protective 'vault' were both - in part - a brainchild of Wandafar, the diminutive former superhero and friend of Lionheart. He was a former superhero and so mindful of the risks of simply opening the vault at the wrong time. He was also one of the smartest beings on planet Earth and for light years around. Chances are that he would have left some safe word or back door to lock or unlock the vault and he would give that means to Lionheart. That meant that - possibly - the people inside that vault thought they might be able to escape but without that password or method...

General Battle narrowed his eyes "Huh, I thought it was opening, it seems to have stopped." he said. "Maybe there's something wrong with the gate, might buy us more time!"

=========

Lionheart glanced down at his diminutive friend, making sure he was alright and connecting mentally to send a "Sorry!" via telepathy

"You hef other priorities. I shell get home. Oh, Lionheart! I set a safeguard into ze vault. It is ze name of ze bad guy who is inside of you und vaz a pain in ze bitt for years to you." pulsed Wandafar.

Lionheart gave a wave then took off, firing upwards and down towards Washington where the situation was worsening with the 'gate' widening and a huge demon like creature stood in the way of it facing off against ... an old man clad in red?

A blue blur slowed (to Lionhearts superior speed) to reveal Superman rescuing Police, Soldiers and Paramedics to set them aside hundreds of yards away before repeating it.

There was no sign of Miss Victory.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Dec 06 2020, 12:53

Admin wrote:Lionheart glanced down at his diminutive friend, making sure he was alright and connecting mentally to send a "Sorry!" via telepathy

"You hef other priorities. I shell get home. Oh, Lionheart! I set a safeguard into ze vault. It is ze name of ze bad guy who is inside of you und vaz a pain in ze bitt for years to you." pulsed Wandafar.

Lionheart gave a wave then took off, firing upwards and down towards Washington where the situation was worsening with the 'gate' widening and a huge demon like creature stood in the way of it facing off against ... an old man clad in red?

A blue blur slowed (to Lionhearts superior speed) to reveal Superman rescuing Police, Soldiers and Paramedics to set them aside hundreds of yards away before repeating it.

There was no sign of Miss Victory.

Magic! Well, why not! Lionheart thought to himself they'd pretty much-seen everything else come at them at this time. Whether this whole plan had begun to undo some of the wards and walls that kept things apart and that was being taken advantage of, or if there were other forces seeking to make good on this situation, he did no know. But right now, demons were trying to break-in, and the President was still in danger.

As he sped down, he saw no sign of Mrs Victory, he hoped she was ok and not hurt or injured. But he would have a moment to ask when Superman had finished moving people to a safer distance. Coming alongside the 'wizardly' like figure Lionheart said, "Can I be of assistance with our refugee from beyond time and space here?" Seeing how the Wizard seemed a little preoccupied, Lionheart didn't hang around. But instead sought to attack, with his physical powers, first!

OOC: OK going for some martial arts on this guy whilst the Wizard tries to put the lock back on the cage. 3/2 for attack and def. And also keen to get some idea of what is going on since I left a while ago. etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08 2020, 13:43

Captain Marvel/Solomon glanced at Lionheart, his costume and his easy manner and deduced he was on the same side.

"Indeed you can young man! I am - at this time - countering the magic that opens that gate, and trying to close it." he declared. "But THAT thing is fighting back, magically... and it would be helpful if it were not!" declared Solomon/Captain Marvel even as Superman was a blur in the background bringing people to safety!

OOC No point rolling for initiative!

Demon is using Sorcery to maintain and expand the gateway, power reserve is thrown into Dex.

Av26 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 12,2,7,3,10,+0 Total:22 (48) vs
Ov23 + 3D Acro + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,11,7,6,1,+0 Total:18 (41)
+4 (to 18) vs RV20=No damage

Striking multiple times against the imperious form of the Demon, Lionheart stood back and... gaped.

"You are fast, little one.." gravelled the Demon in a voice sending shivers down all who heard! "But I have been promised of kingdom of souls to devour and a tithe from all who follow!" laughed the beast. "You cannot stop me!"

Solomon/Cap Marvel frowned "It IS powerful, but I think I can counter..."

Then two more, identical, creatures forced and pushed their way out past the one standing in the way!

"The Tithe! THE TITHE!" roared the creature as it concentrated on the gate!

Now there were THREE powerful creatures towering over Lionheart who faced them alone!

OOC You win initiative again...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 08 2020, 20:41

Admin wrote:Now there were THREE powerful creatures towering over Lionheart who faced them alone!
OOC You win initiative again...

"This isn't going the way I thought it would!" Lionheart said, wondering what would work on these creatures.

OOC: Are my mental power restored yet? If not is it the case that I need to plough into a Devastating attack? Or am I no good against Magical Creatures and Mind powers won't work? If I can't use my usual Mental Blast I might as well try the new scheme with telepathy and see if we can get that together with the power reserve, so just want to go with what can make a difference here. If you aren't going to clue me in, (no free rides today sonny Wink then I will go with Devastating attack 3/2 martial arts, and then if my mental powers are up, and that doesn't work try Mind Blast or Telepathy attack if not.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 09 2020, 19:09

4-6) The Prison and this protective 'vault' were both - in part - a brainchild of Wandafar, the diminutive former superhero and friend of Lionheart. He was a former superhero and so mindful of the risks of simply opening the vault at the wrong time. He was also one of the smartest beings on planet Earth and for light years around. Chances are that he would have left some safe word or back door to lock or unlock the vault and he would give that means to Lionheart. That meant that - possibly - the people inside that vault thought they might be able to escape but without that password or method...

General Battle narrowed his eyes "Huh, I thought it was opening, it seems to have stopped." he said. "Maybe there's something wrong with the gate, might buy us more time!"

"I'm guessing that there may be some kind of password or code that they have to enter to completely open it up," Miss Victory surmised outloud.  "The ones inside may not have known that and can't finish opening up.  Maybe its like the man who carries the "Football", he has the passcode on him to give to the President when it is finally needed and he didn't make it inside with them?"  

"I don't have it.  Wandafar may have helped build that place.  If so, he might have given the passcode to Lionheart.  Let me dash outside and see if Superman can fly after Lionheart and get the passcode from him."  [not knowing Lionheart is back, that's the best plan I can come up with]

ooc: Football in this case is the large briefcase that someone carries around that contains the signalling device that the President uses to launch nuclear missiles.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Footba10
The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" Footba11
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 10 2020, 12:08

OOC Lionheart hasn't had an hour (fully) to recover his powers but given all that's gone on it will just be a matter of minutes to restore them. In the meantime he has telepathy.

Telepathy allows you to establish a mind to mind link to anyone within range (Lionheart has a base range of 1/4 mile which can be boosted with power reserve up to 23APs or 8000 miles. So if he wants to chat to Wandafar from America, or Frostbite for that matter he can do. Well, not at the moment with Frostbite obviously...)

You can also attack someone, mind to mind. This takes place with Intelligence (INT) as the 'to hit' (think of it as mental Dex) and Will as your Strength (STR) or the damage. After the last recent character improvement Lionheart can now apply power reserve (15 points) to Int or Will or split between them. This makes it very potent. Lionheart has 10 Int (genius level, very smart, very good 'to hit' against most dumb brute types) and 7 Will (ok, not that great but you can boost it).

The downside to Telepathy is that the guy on the other end (or guys, you can speak to several people but it reduces range with every extra one) can retaliate with their own mental attack. That makes it tricky to use against smart opponents because someone like, say, Wandafar, can boost his intelligence very high indeed (as can Lionheart, up to 25 which is in the all seeing/knowing category) and strike back.

Mind Blast is a plain old simple zap to the brain of the target and Lionheart is good at it (now, with that Accuracy 7).

So, no Mind Blast yet, Telepathy yes, split power Reserve 15 as you see fit. In a round you can perform three actions. Dice action is your attack. The other two can be one movement action and one automatic action or two automatic actions. They are short things like using a automatic power (that requires no dice roll) like Telescopic Vision or connecting to someone's mind with Telepathy or adjusting the points on your power reserve.

So, feel free to connect to the Demon fellow (or fellows if you want to try a multi attack) and determine: 1) How many points from power reserve go into what 2) multi attack? 3) crit blow or devastating attack?

Bear in mind they may try and chop or blast you so switching to superspeed may also be advisable!

Bit to think about there!

Miss Victory raced out of the corridor and... into hell!

A portal had opened in the grounds before the ruins of the White House and three beings had emerged from it, nigh on identical save their horns and spines were in different places or darker colours.

One of the beings appeared to be standing there 'holding' the gate open whilst the two others were on either side glancing about and seeing whose soul to devour first!

Lionheart stood a few feet in front of one of the Demons, behind him was an old man in a red costume (though he looked in great shape) with a white cape. His long white beard and hair suggested he was ancient, and a glowing staff in his hand seemed insubstantial and definitely reeked of magic!

In the background a blur that registered as red and blue suggested Superman was getting innocents to safety as well as paramedics, cops, soldiers and downed heroes - and villains. The whole place was a scarred, smoking, churned up mess of a battlefield and it was difficult to see how, where or when the country would get back on its feet and back to normal, or even if it could!

OOC Lionheart to decide which way he's attacking (and who) with how much force etc (power Reserve). Miss Victory used her movement to get upstairs and can continue it to close in to hand to hand range against the Demons or try her new brain zap!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 10 2020, 12:44

Admin wrote:OOC Lionheart to decide which way he's attacking (and who) with how much force etc (power Reserve). Miss Victory used her movement to get upstairs and can continue it to close in to hand to hand range against the Demons or try her new brain zap!    

OOC: Thanks for that write up there, that was helpful.

Switching tac, Lionheart knew his mental powers were still bang out on the fritz but that he could feel things beginning to ease and with it might well be their return to full use. But for now, he had to try some other option, something he'd been toying with for a while seemed like now was the right time. So connecting to what would understandably be the leader holding open the portal, Lionheart diverted his power to his mind and established a mental connection to send a jolting pain mind to mind. The risk of a potential counter-attack was great, but this was a desperate need.

"Here goes everything!" He said to himself.

OOC: OK so 8 points to Int, 7 to Will, and devastating attack on the guy holding the gate open. And then switch back to superspeed to try and negate any attacks coming back my way, that aren't mental.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 10 2020, 14:32

"Lionheart!  Do you have the code to release the force field around the President," Miss Victory yells out to the hero as she moves closer to the demons.  "We need some kind of code for them to get out!"

"This latest Vita Pill seems to have unlocked something in me. Let's see if I can release the power that has been unlocked."

Brain zap the closest demon.  19 points into mental blast.  4 points into Dex.  Crit attack.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 10 2020, 19:51

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Lionheart!  Do you have the code to release the force field around the President," Miss Victory yells out to the hero as she moves closer to the demons.  "We need some kind of code for them to get out!"

"This latest Vita Pill seems to have unlocked something in me.  Let's see if I can release the power that has been unlocked."

Brain zap the closest demon.  19 points into mental blast.  4 points into Dex.  Crit attack.

"Hold that thought! Got someone else on my mind here. The short answer is yes, though."

OOC: When I have a mo, I will reveal to Miss V the password, but not over an open channel, might use Telepathy, but not before I've seen the outcome of this little dance we're doing with this here demon.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 11 2020, 13:45

OOC Telepathy attack Dev Attack Int 18 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (41) vs
OV9 + dev attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,9,+0 Total:11 (28)
+5 (to 19 Will) vs RV20 - 12 Dev Attack (Rv8)=11 RAPs. Gate Demon has Mind 4/15

"unnnh!" grunted the Arch Demon. "That... GNAT has some kind of ... mind attack..."

The demons on either side grunted, turning their gaze on Lionheart. "I shall claim the glory of draining his soul!"

"No! I shall drain him!" argued the other.

Just then Miss Victory stepped up with a telekinetic style attack!

OOC Mental Blast Crit Blow 23 + Accuracy 4D + Roll(6d12)+0: 6,2,6,3,12,9,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:23 (46) vs
OV23 + range 2 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,3,+0 Total:13 (42)
+3 (to 26) vs RV20 - 6 Crit Blow (RV14)=12 RAPs. Demon #2 has 3/15 Body remaining

Able to hit the astonishingly fast Demon (which was lightning fast despite its size) Miss Victory sees it reel ... but stand. The remaining Demon laughs and barks "the glory and the souls will be MINE!"

Demon #2 wasn't having any of that though, leaping at Miss Victory with a scything claw!

OOC AV23 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,4,1,10,1,+0 Total:14 (37) vs
OV14 + 0d Acro (4D went to accuracy) + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:19 (33)
+3 (to 14) vs RV13=1 RAPs. Miss Victory is on Body 2/7

The Demon, despite being injured, is laughing! "I shall heal my injuries faster than you can blink, puny human, but your fear and suffering shall sate my thirst momentarily! All the better to prolong your agony!"

"There are plenty to go around brother." snarled Demon #3 as it leapt at Lionheart.

OOC Magic Blast 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
OV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,6,+0 Total:9 (18)
+4 (to 14) vs RV10= 4RAPs. Lionheart is on Spirit 6/10 and Body 1/13

The Gate Demon summoned its magic to bolster the gate, which seemed to become more distinct and 'permanent'.

Until, that was Solomon/Captain Marvel raised his staff which glowed with the light of the sun and the gate became less distinct, more, blurred, and was shrinking!

"You fools! Stop toying with the food and help me! There will no souls for anyone if the gate closes!" hissed the gate demon.

OOC It's true, they HAVE been toying with you... and now they aren't...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" White-House-Battle-new-round

Lionheart is up... then the pain arrives!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 11 2020, 19:31

Admin wrote:Lionheart is up... then the pain arrives![/i][/color]

OOC:
Divide points between Telepathy again and also super-speed to try and dodge their blasts. So 5 points to Speed, and 5/5 on attack/damage

Almost doubled over with the pain that seemed to come from within his very core, Lionheart strove to control the feelings and channel it back at the gate Demon he had hit before.  But this time he held a little back hoping to stay on his feet a little longer.  "Ok tall, handsome and bearded one, we could do with that gate closing about now...we've not got much when it comes to magic, so puts some Opmh into it man."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 11 2020, 20:20

"Doesn't Solomon have powers over demons or something," Miss Victory yells out to Captain Marvel, "Don't you too if you have his powers?"

ooc: This is way after Solomon's time but like King Arthur and Merlin, his legend and powers grew over time
Solomon’s Powers Over Demons
Zosimus of Panopolis (300 CE) wrote of Solomon’s fame as an exorcist. He mentions a lost work called Seven Heavens, which explained Solomon’s construction of Magical bottles and formulae for the conjuration of demons. Zosimus notes bottles that were specifically designed to capture demons.

Finally, a text entitled Sepher Ha-Razim asserts that Solomon had access to a ‘Book of Mysteries’ which empowered him to use demons to accomplish tasks such as winning the heart of a wealthy woman, catching and returning fugitives, giving an enemy insomnia, lighting an oven in the cold, reversing a bad court decision, protecting a soldier in battle, winning at horse racing, and to fill a house with fire while at the same time keeping the house from burning down as proof of one’s power.

Reference
Carroll, S. T. “The Apocalypse of Adam and Pre-Christian Gnosticism.” In Vigiliae Christianae 44 (1990): 263-79.

The Spirits of Solomon are seventy-two Demons or Djinncaptured by the legendary King Solomon, who imprisoned them in a brass vessel and cast it into the sea. The vessel was discovered by Babylonians, who believed it contained a great treasure. When they broke open the vessel, the Demons and their legions were set free, and they returned to their home. One exception was Belial, who entered an image and delivered oracles in exchange for sacrifices and divine honors.

The Lemegeton, or Lesser Key of Solomon, is a grimoire that gives instructions for the evocation of the 72 spirits. They are also known as the Spirits of the Brazen Vessel and the False Monarchy of Demons. Combined, the spirits accomplish “all abominations.”

THE 72 SPIRITS ARE :

Agares
Aim – Haborym
Alloces
Amdusias – Amduscias
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 14 2020, 15:07

Lionheart knew he had to take one of the demons down before more came through and the one holding the gate open was as tough as anyone he'd faced before! Still...

OOC you can power reserve 8 into Int/7 into Will (auto action) attack (dice action) then switch power reserve (15 points) into Superspeed (auto action) in a round, no problem.

Dev Attack Int 18 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total:19 (37) vs
OV9 + 8 Dev Attack + No range (in each others heads) + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,9,+0 Total:10 (27)
+4 (to 18) vs RV20 - 12 Dev Attack (RV8)=10 RAPs. The Arch Demon (gate) is DOWN and OUT!

Without his trademark 'Lion roar' Lionheart felt neutered but found his back up attack - reaching straight into the mind of his foe - worked as well, albeit requiring a couple of blasts rather than one super accurate blast!

The Gate Demon cried out then fell backwards through the gate which started to shrink!

"The gate!" snarled Arch Demon #2

"You deal with it! The glory and the souls will be mine! Holding the gate open is for underlings!" hissed Arch Demon #3

"Fool! If that closes we will be trapped here... and mortal!" screamed Arch Demon #2

With that the Arch Demon (#3) pulled an even uglier face and turned to use his power to steady the gate which stopped shrinking.

In response to Miss Victory Captain Marvel/Solomon cried out "I am... an avatar of Solomon! I have only a fraction of his powers, but if we can close that gate I can cast a ward against that plane preventing anyone opening another gate for a time!" he said over the howl of scorching hot winds flowing from the gate!

Superman continued to get people clear, his speed limited somewhat because he had to protect them from the rigours of high speed travel!

The other Arch Demon (#2) came at Captain Marvel/Solomon. "You shall fall old man!" hissed the Demon!

OOC Flame Project 25 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,6,+0 Total:14 (39) vs
OV14 + range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (34)
+3 (to 28) vs RV16=12 RAPs. Captain Marvel is on 4/16 Body

"ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!" cried Captain Marvel/Solomon as magic flames engulfed him! Even his magical costume immolated and when the smoke cleared he was stood in a crater with blackened skin, singed beard and the staff in hand, but looking somewhat underdressed and overdone!

Miss Victory glanced at her targets. Two demons. One injured the other holding the gate open... and the gate was starting to widen again with Captain Marvel having been 'distracted' by flames almost as hot as the sun!

OOC Miss V is up!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Dec 14 2020, 16:57

Mental Blast is a force blast so would it be possible to blast/knockback the demon trying to keep the gate open back into the demon realm? If so, will do that. If not, then blast him anyway - devastating attack.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 14 2020, 18:50

DavidMcMahon wrote:Mental Blast is a force blast so would it be possible to blast/knockback the demon trying to keep the gate open back into the demon realm?  If so, will do that.  If not, then blast him anyway - devastating attack.

OOC: Likewise, I'll back up Miss V as I can when my attack comes around again, trying to keep the demons from Zapping Marvel/Shazam, otherwise we'll be in for a world of hurt, if that gate stays open and any more come through.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 16 2020, 10:01

OOC you can plan a knockback attack but to angle the attack correctly will be slightly trickier (trick shot +4 OV)

Mental Blast trick shot knockback AV23 + 4D Accuracy + Roll(6d12)+0: 10,10,7,12,11,5,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
8,10,+0 Total:38 (61) vs
Av18 + Trick Shot 4 + 3D acro (0D attack) + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,3,2,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:30 (52)
+4 (to 27) vs RV20=7 RAPs KNOCKBACK

Miss Victory considered the angles, made a quick calculation and raced around to stand in front of the Arch Demon holding the gate open...

"Woman, I shall drain your soul when the army of darkness marches through!" it laughs.

It was the last words the creature spoke as a mental bolt of pure force struck it in the face! It spluttered, stumbled, flailed with arms and... toppled backwards into the gate!

That left the final Arch Demon and it snarled, looking about as Solomon/Captain Marvel and Superman appeared on a side each, then Lionheart and Miss Victory surrounded it from another side! Meanwhile the gate started to shrink rapidly!

OOC initiative...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" White-house-battle-next-rnd

Try this:

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" White-house-battle-next-rnd

Lionheart is up...

EDIT: At the time of posting images aren't coming up for some reason. Initiative order is:

Lionheart
Superman
Arch Demon #2
Captain Marvel
Miss Victory

EDIT AGAIN

Weird. Tried from a different source and the original picture posted. Bizarre.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 16 2020, 12:19

Admin wrote:EDIT AGAIN Weird. Tried from a different source and the original picture posted. Bizarre.[/i][/color]

OOC: Wow impressive Dave. And as you say wEird Paul! Oh well, back to it

Lionheart was seriously impressed by the hitherto unknown powers that Miss Victory seemed to be displaying. Didn't she say something about a woman called Mind Maiden?

"Looks like Kansas is leaving you behind demon? Or do you want to tangle with all of us and die here or take your chances there...your choice, but window's closing fast."

And as if to give it another nudge in the direction, Lionheart again fell back to his Telepathic powers to try and rid them of the abominable beast.

OOC: OK all points into Int/Will on this attack for it to remember - hopefully. 8/7 split and devastating attack.

If it gets taken out I will then suggest we lob it back through the gate (unless told otherwise by Marvel) and get him to close it off for good.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 16 2020, 16:41

OOC Telepathy attack Dev Attack Int 18 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (32) vs
OV9 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9 (26)
+3 (to 17 Will) vs RV20 - Dev Att 12 (RV8)=9 RAPs. The Arch Demon is on 6/15 Mind

With a scream the creature clutched its head but stayed the course, intent on using its power to open the gate and keep it open long enough for its brethren to aid it!

Indeed, a large scaly hand appeared from the gate, then another, and seemed to physically pull it open, slowly!

Superman, a blue blur, swooped in "Sorry I've been preoccupied but there were too many innocents about for my liking!" he said and took his best swing at the Demon!

OOC crit blow AV15 + 2D (HP 6 remain) + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,10,12,9,+0 Total:22 (37) vs
OV13 (pow reserve into sorcery) + 3D Acro (0D m Arts) + crit blow 6 + Roll(5d12)+0: 10,6,12,9,5,+0 Total:22 (41) Attack Missed

Despite the effort he put in Superman swings wide, the agile Demon proving it was not yet down for the count despite having been battered!

It summoned up its sorcery and tried to expand the portal!

OOC Sorcery 25 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:27 (52) vs
OV11 + Modifier 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:6 (23)
+8 (to 33) vs RV11=22 RAPs

This time the gate opened wide and belching fire and smoke rasped out, blanketing all in a wave of heat from a nightmare vision of what land lie beyond! THOUSANDS of screaming, gibbering creatures rushed to the hole and the creature that had been trying to move through fell forwards, half in, half out! It looked up, grinned, then started to rise, its great bulk blocking the way for the moment!

Sensing triumph the Demon laughed and turned to Solomon/Captain Marvel "Ha little mage! Your power is too weak!"

Despairing, Captain Marvel shouted "Mazahs!"

A flash of lightning, a boom of thunder and he stood, muscular and younger, a powerful looking man without the staff or beard. He zipped forward to clobber the Demon Mage!

OOC Power Reserve to Physical stats Dex 19 Str 29 Body 21
AV19 + 3D (HP 64) + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,8,8,11,2,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,2,+0 Total:27 (46) vs
OV13 + 3D Acro + Roll(5d12)+0: 1,12,7,9,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
7,11,+0 Total:52 (65) Attack Missed!

"No!" gasped Captain Marvel. "The gate! We MUST close it or...?"

OOC the elusive demon has resisted Lionheart, dodged both the man of Steel and the man of thunder and now only Miss Victory can save mankind!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 16 2020, 20:47

Miss Victory gulped and thought hard, moving around to the best position she applied her newly discovered mind blast to try and blast the demon back to where he belonged.

ooc: so same as the last demon and hope it works.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 17 2020, 11:50

OOC Trick shot knock back attack

Mental Blast trick shot knockback AV23 + 4D Accuracy + Roll(6d12)+0: 2,8,8,7,12,3,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
3,9,+0 Total:28 (51) vs
OV13 + 3D Acro + trick shot 4 + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,8,7,3,10,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,5,+0 Total: 22 (39)
+5 (to 28) vs RV20=8 RAPs. Success.

BOOM!

The Demon fell back as Miss Victory blasted it backwards in the direction of the gate where it crashed into the half in/out Demon and the pair of them fell backwards, crashing into the heat and smoke behind!

"NOW!" roared Captain Marvel. "Mazahs!" he shouted, transforming back into Solomon and striding forward with his staff to touch the gate and...

KABOOOM!

The magic explosion sent a shockwave out that the gathered superhumans leaned into. Anyone further back staggered, tumbled, hid, clung on to whatever they could to stay put!

When the dust and smoke cleared... the gate was closed!

Captain Marvel slumped, crashing onto his backside, his grey beard covered in dirt and dust. "So much for retirement." he muttered.

Superman looked about. "No casualties. Is this over now?"

Lionheart glanced at Miss Victory. They'd won respite, the vault door below waited Lionhearts command to open and inside the captive President needed freeing!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 17 2020, 12:45

Admin wrote:Superman looked about. "No casualties. Is this over now?"

Lionheart glanced at Miss Victory. They'd won respite, the vault door below waited Lionhearts command to open and inside the captive President needed freeing!

Lionheart pulled a face, "Don't you just wish! We've still got the president in the vault with the villains who took her in there to hold her hostage. We've no idea if she is even alive, but I have the key word to open the vault safely and then we are about to find out. But as we are getting all chatty like, I'm going to take a breather to let my rapid healing take effect."

And with that Lionheart set down for a moment unwilling to tackle the next challenge until he was sure his mental powers were back and operating as normal. He was seriously impressed by Miss Victory's skills which she showed and wondered if he could use his own powers that way.

OOC: OK hoping my own Mind Blast etc is back online, and that to have it so it isn't going to require everyone waiting for an hour or more for me ;-) When I'm done, we'll go crack open the vault and see what we can see.
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 17 2020, 15:00

"I'll go watch the gate while we wait," Miss Victory volunteered
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next