The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

3 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 9 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  Admin Mon May 17 2021, 12:24

Lionheart

Lionheart raced in at speed, barely visible but keeping his speed down - deafening everyone, or worse from using the full extent of his speed wouldn't do!

In the bank he saw around fifteen hostages on their knees with their hands behind their head and several others lying prone on the floor. Unconscious or...

The two orange clad escaped prisoners were moving like they were in slow motion compared to the British hero and he levelled a mind blast at one of them!

OOC Dev Attack Mind Blast 15 + accuracy 4d + Roll(6d12)+0: 3,4,11,3,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total:34 (49) vs
OV2 + Dev Attack 8 + range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,2,+0 Total:3 FAILED OV Zero
+10 (to 25 EV) vs RV2 - 12 (Dev Attack) so RV-10=35 RAPs

The Prisoner collapsed immediately... and morphed into the form of a civilian as she collapsed in a heap!

Lionheart gaped. What had happened? He'd targeted one of the prisoners... who'd been revealed to be hostage!

Before he could move over to see if the woman was alright, or indeed if she was still alive, he heard a voice... MANY voices...

"Told you." said a guy in jeans and shirt as he stood. Another, dressed as a security guard, added "Something was going on. I was conencted to the two downstairs and felt when they went down."

The other prisoner in orange snarled, then transformed into what seemed to be living energy! Lightning lanced in every direction from his form in an aura around six feet about his crackling form! He said something but it came out as static!

"What my..." said a guy in his sixties...

"friend is saying..." says a young kid - probably seven or eight and doubtless in here with a parent...

"Is that you, my friend..." said a man who looked like a mechanic

"Are screwed!" hissed a woman in a flowery dress!

OOC Crit Blow Magic Blast 11 + Accuracy 2D + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,7,6,12,+0 Total:22 (33) vs
OV9 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:16 (29) +3 (to 14EV) vs RV10 - 6 Crit Blow (RV4)=10 RAPs
Lionheart must absorb 1 damage to stay on Spirit 1/10 and he is STUNNED by the magical attack!

Standing over Lionheart as he staggered about and dropped to the floor, a man in his forties with a thick beard looked down. "We ain't the most powerful o them that got out the prison, but we ain't a pushover neither."

A woman who looked to be middle aged came over and grabbed Lionheart by the throat, lifting him easily off the floor and dangling him with with feet swaying about! "Underestimate us at your peril!"

The electrical sparking man started moving over and the woman twitched. "No! I'll deal with this one! Go downstairs and check on the others but POWER DOWN FIRST! We came for the paper!"

OOC Lionheart is stunned and cannot attack (dice action) or use skills but can use his automatic powers and move still. He's being held up by the throat but a) he can escape without a roll - that was for effect. No way no how someone can do that to LH without being a big, big hitter and b) she's strong but nowhere near strong enough to inflict harm on LH through his forcefield. For that look to Nuclear level munitions.

In other words treat that little scene as you might of the cover of a comic from the 70s where the hero is getting battered but you look inside and it's baited you to buying the book as he's down/out for like maybe one panel Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 9 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  Admin Mon May 17 2021, 12:34

MISS VICTORY

Clark Wylde scowled but there was a twinkle in his eye. "Maybe madam might be better served in an all in one top to toe boiler suit?"

Johanson looked distraught! "No! This is all my fault! I opened the gateway... it was I who..."

Her husband consoled the scientist and muttered "You weren't to know. The readings indicated so many benefits... unlimited food, boundless free energy... how were you to know it was a gateway to a subatomic universe where the aliens there would evolve in seconds from creatures that found our atmosphere poisonous to one that could eventually threaten to overtake the Earth?"

Leaving the Scientist sobbing Clark Wylde moved aside with his wife. "It's good to see you!" he muttered. "He's in a bad way. This is a disaster, obviously, but I'd checked all the readings. They looked legit. Anyway... At the end of this room is a side room leading off to the gateway chamber. The green mist started pouring through and analysis showed it to be some kind of algae... until it started moving and escaped the containment force field. It's rate of evolution is..." he looked flabbergasted. "Chances are that those creatures in our atmosphere have mostly died but their race is somehow linked. Already those on the other side will have evolved or made preparations. We need to get into that chamber and pull the plug on the gate before they evolve smarts and figure out how to turn it on so that they can come through in even greater numbers and speed up their evolution!"

Miss Victory turned to the doorway and was about to move when her husband grasped her arm gently. "Vicky!" he hissed. "Even YOU might not survive what's inside that chamber!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 17 2021, 12:56

Admin wrote:OOC Lionheart is stunned and cannot attack (dice action) or use skills but can use his automatic powers and move still. He's being held up by the throat but a) he can escape without a roll - that was for effect. No way no how someone can do that to LH without being a big, big hitter and b) she's strong but nowhere near strong enough to inflict harm on LH through his forcefield. For that look to Nuclear level munitions.

In other words, treat that little scene as you might of the cover of a comic from the 70s where the hero is getting battered but you look inside and it's baited you to buying the book as he's down/out for like maybe one panel  Laughing

OOC: It's not my day, clearly! Anyway, I will absorb whatever I can and wait whilst they leave me dangling after all that gives me chance for my healing to kick in, if it does kick in for Spirit like it does Body. Since this seems like a moment of Deja Vu, it might be helpful going forward to know what powers aren't dependent on a dice action. Since I imagine they are all passive ones like TVision, and Smell, etc, I will use them as best I can. Whilst I take in the room, the perps and whatever else I can suss out. How was the guy speaking through the prisoners, where is the meta human etc? As for actions I will bide my time and see what inspiration kicks up!

Lionheart didn't quite know what had hit him until hung in the air by the strong female and dangling by his neck he looked about and down at the criminals. Thankfully if his neck hurt, he couldn't tell over the raging fire and cold that was his body coming to terms with what he guessed was some sort of magical attack. It wasn't physical or mental. But boy had it knocked the wind out of his sales. What was worse was they were prepared for him and he played into it. He would have to go over things in his mind some other time; lessons to learn, if there was another time, would have to wait.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 17 2021, 15:33

"Believe it or not, I survived an atomic bomb," Miss Victory said as quietly, "Barely. And quite bare too! Haven't had time to update you on these last few days yet. The President has been kidnapped too and I have to help go save her. Also just been inducted to the Ultrahumans. So lots to catch up on, if we get the chance."

"Thanks for the information, Doctor Wylde," she says more loudly so Johanson can hear her. "I will make sure to max out my defenses before I enter. Is there a code to shut the gate down or just physically close it somehow?"

ooc: after she moves in, she will go for 23 Body. Depending on it being a code or a physical object to close, the remaining points will either go to Dex or Str.

Admin wrote:MISS VICTORY

Clark Wylde scowled but there was a twinkle in his eye. "Maybe madam might be better served in an all in one top to toe boiler suit?"

Johanson looked distraught! "No! This is all my fault! I opened the gateway... it was I who..."

Her husband consoled the scientist and muttered "You weren't to know. The readings indicated so many benefits... unlimited food, boundless free energy... how were you to know it was a gateway to a subatomic universe where the aliens there would evolve in seconds from creatures that found our atmosphere poisonous to one that could eventually threaten to overtake the Earth?"

Leaving the Scientist sobbing Clark Wylde moved aside with his wife. "It's good to see you!" he muttered. "He's in a bad way. This is a disaster, obviously, but I'd checked all the readings. They looked legit. Anyway... At the end of this room is a side room leading off to the gateway chamber. The green mist started pouring through and analysis showed it to be some kind of algae... until it started moving and escaped the containment force field. It's rate of evolution is..." he looked flabbergasted. "Chances are that those creatures in our atmosphere have mostly died but their race is somehow linked. Already those on the other side will have evolved or made preparations. We need to get into that chamber and pull the plug on the gate before they evolve smarts and figure out how to turn it on so that they can come through in even greater numbers and speed up their evolution!"

Miss Victory turned to the doorway and was about to move when her husband grasped her arm gently. "Vicky!" he hissed. "Even YOU might not survive what's inside that chamber!"

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 18 2021, 11:29

LIONHEART

OOC yeah there was never going to be too much of a challenge physically in this scrap for LH - he's faster and a match (or more) for even the biggest hitters out there. Mixed groups like this though... They'll give him more of a problem but aside from the surprise attack slowing LH down I can still only see this going one way...

Lionheart dangled from the hand as the electrical villain moved out of sight and downstairs. The Hostages got up, near enough as one.

One, who looked to be a bank teller, spoke up. "I suppose you are wondering who I am... what... I am... that I can occupy all these people and use my powers through them."

"I'm not going back to that prison." said a young guy in jeans and a 'Nirvana' t shirt.

"And if you strike out at the hosts..." said a granny

"You hurt innocents!" laughed a fat guy who might be the bank manager.

"I only lost last time because I was tricked!" said a woman in a smart business suit.

"But all of this..." hissed the woman who held Lionheart up by the throat "is a moot point because I'm going to break your neck, 'hero'!" she laughed, and squeezed!

Lionheart didn't even feel it through his personal forcefield, a few millimetres from his skin. No need to let her know that though. He gasped and squirmed, glancing about whilst laying it on thick. As he did so, his head cleared. There were a total of 18 people in the group stood around him, all possessed by this mystic! If he were zapped again by that ... soul searing blast, he'd go down, no mistake! Magic! He was resistant enough but didn't come across it too often thankfully.

Just then a voice rang out from outside "This is the Police! We are willing to talk. To negotiate. What is it you want? We want the hostages freed, that's our priority."

The woman hissed, wiggling Lionheart about like a rag doll. "Maybe I should give them a 'hostage' eh?" she grinned.

The 'Bank manager' shouted "We're sending someone out! A show of good faith! Any moves by you and we're sending someone else out... but they'll be in a dozen pieces!"

The hostage 'being released' was a man in his fifties who walked to the door then turned to where Lionheart was being strangled. With a manic grin and a wink he left via the front door of the bank with hands held up...

OOC you're up... Not stunned.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 18 2021, 12:09

MISS VICTORY

With her energy switched to her maximum resistant state Miss V smiled at the gaping expression on her husbands' face. "A... nuke??? Vic... that's... we need to run tests! There may be..." She smiled and stepped away, putting on the show for Johanson. There would be repercussions to what had happened and he would have to answer for them, for sure. Her husband would stand up for his friend but with the loss of life there was no way this would be 'swept under the carpet'.

"Just... just pull the power. There is a generator in there but something went wrong. The gate is self sustaining despite my every attempt to shut down the experiment." muttered Johanson. "The ... 'blessing' if you can call it that is that the gate has become clogged. Now it needs to be turned off before those ... aliens... figure out how to open it again. Pulled the power cable from the gate but... the radiation in there... not to mention those ... things... can you stand it?"

Miss Victory glanced at a hazmat suit on the floor in tatters. There was another spare she could use but it probably wouldn't do anything against these things.

The door to the chamber was an airlock. In, wait, cycle, out into the chamber.

Clark Wylde was biting his tongue, trying not to persuade the woman he loved, his wife, from going in there was one of the hardest things he'd ever done. But... if anyone could do this, she could! A nuke... he shook his head in admiration at the woman.

Miss Victory waited for the inner door to cycle, turning to place a hand on the window where her husband waited on the other side. The door hissed... and she stepped into hell!

All manner of twisted alien bodies of all shapes and sizes were on the floor and the place was full of the green mist! She was glad she put the hazmat suit on. She could hold her breath but had no idea how much of the green mist was still 'alive' - in other words living creatures!

There were dozens... hundreds of creatures all over. Lizard man like but ranging from Centimetres to metres long. There in the roof was a hole where one had grown and punched its way through. The ground had collapsed in but a hole had been created just long enough to get to the surface and and cause the devastation. It was a horrible accident and could not have been foreseen completely.

The gate itself was a twenty foot high metal rail several feet thick with energy crackling about it. It was covered, crusted in green sludge and the gate itself was crackling, filled with glowing energy. Miss Victory looked down at the hazmat suit. Already it was dissolving! She looked up to the gate through the thick green mist... The gate was doing something. Pulsing, crackling, energy lancing out...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 18 2021, 12:44

Admin wrote:The hostage 'being released' was a man in his fifties who walked to the door then turned to where Lionheart was being strangled. With a manic grin and a wink he left via the front door of the bank with hands held up...OOC you're up... Not stunned.

OOC: Paul can I just be certain, before I make a move. Is the guy responsible for controlling all the people evident to me? I ask because it's a little confusing to know if he is 'among them' and otherwise invisible as he speaks through them, or is he one of the guys who have identified himself as maybe the magic user? Sorry for being a bit dense but it wasn't clear. If they are two separate people here, then I will have to first go for the Magic-User.

So if he is among the people, and otherwise not the other two before me I will instead have to go for the mage first with Mindblast and go for Dev attack all in. I am wondering about needing to knock down the hostages if the mind guy is among them? Perhaps doing a team attack but wanting to knock them out not kill just leave them with a headache. But that depends on getting the mage out of the picture first. The woman holding me is my least worry unless she is the one controlling the hostages (unlikely from the way she has come across) and I will take her down as needed when it comes to it. So mage first I think.

Then it's a question of stopping the show of good faith, not sure what that is going to involve, and perhaps thinking about how I 'subdue' the hostages. Man, this is harder when its being done over PBEM!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 18 2021, 15:47

LIONHEART

OOC The guy controlling them has the power to inhabit ALL of the people. He's spreading his mystical and mental essence among them and together they form the guy. It does kind of beg the question where his actual real body is. Lionheart is smart enough (genius level) to have a crack at figuring this out though so...

AV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,3,+0 Total:14 (24) vs
OV8 + Modifier 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 (17)
+4 (to 11 Will) vs Rv8=3 RAPs

1) This guy can send his consciousness out and not just jump from person to person but occupy all of them at the same time, so that many people become part of his 'whole'
2-3) It seems doubtful that he would then take on superhumans and risk his real form so that might well be somewhere else in a trance or coma like state whilst he astral projects. Threaten that, or injure it, and it might well pull his mental and mystical essence back into his own form. If he was powerful in his own body chances are he wouldn't have to hide behind using these ordinary people. Despite being able to boost the strength slightly of whoever he inhabits it's a long, long way off being able to even cause Lionheart to laugh from a tickle.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 18 2021, 15:55

Admin wrote:LIONHEART

It seems doubtful that he would then take on superhumans and risk his real form so that might well be somewhere else in a trance or coma like state whilst he astral projects. Threaten that, or injure it, and it might well pull his mental and mystical essence back into his own form. If he was powerful in his own body chances are he wouldn't have to hide behind using these ordinary people. Despite being able to boost the strength slightly of whoever he inhabits it's a long, long way off being able to even cause Lionheart to laugh from a tickle.

OOC: I wondered if this was the case, with that being so is there someone here who is asleep or looks out of it. I ask because given they had jumped from prison, his 'body' must be somewhere, whilst he occupies the hostages. So I guess I am thinking I want to use my senses, whilst dangling to try and 'find' his body so as to "take that out" before he can take me out. Since I am no longer stunned the main thing is I don't want to give the game away since if he goes back to his body then I am stuck if he can get in an attack on me. If I can get in an attack I think it will be something physical, unless I have to use a dice attack to break free, if I would I'd best use telekinesis to bring the body to me and suggest he make no sudden moves.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 18 2021, 19:50

Miss Victory looked for the power cable that Johanson mentioned. If she spotted it from where she stood, she planned to blast the cable with her mind, breaking it. Quicker than trying to pull it out. Then trying a blast to force whatever was in the gateway back into the other dimension while the gate shut down. She didn't know if it would snap shut like flipping a light switch or a slow closure so she tried to be ready either way.

Admin wrote:MISS VICTORY

With her energy switched to her maximum resistant state Miss V smiled at the gaping expression on her husbands' face. "A... nuke??? Vic... that's... we need to run tests! There may be..." She smiled and stepped away, putting on the show for Johanson. There would be repercussions to what had happened and he would have to answer for them, for sure. Her husband would stand up for his friend but with the loss of life there was no way this would be 'swept under the carpet'.

"Just... just pull the power. There is a generator in there but something went wrong. The gate is self sustaining despite my every attempt to shut down the experiment." muttered Johanson. "The ... 'blessing' if you can call it that is that the gate has become clogged. Now it needs to be turned off before those ... aliens... figure out how to open it again. Pulled the power cable from the gate but... the radiation in there... not to mention those ... things... can you stand it?"

Miss Victory glanced at a hazmat suit on the floor in tatters. There was another spare she could use but it probably wouldn't do anything against these things.

The door to the chamber was an airlock. In, wait, cycle, out into the chamber.

Clark Wylde was biting his tongue, trying not to persuade the woman he loved, his wife, from going in there was one of the hardest things he'd ever done. But... if anyone could do this, she could! A nuke... he shook his head in admiration at the woman.

Miss Victory waited for the inner door to cycle, turning to place a hand on the window where her husband waited on the other side. The door hissed... and she stepped into hell!

All manner of twisted alien bodies of all shapes and sizes were on the floor and the place was full of the green mist! She was glad she put the hazmat suit on. She could hold her breath but had no idea how much of the green mist was still 'alive' - in other words living creatures!

There were dozens... hundreds of creatures all over. Lizard man like but ranging from Centimetres  to metres long. There in the roof was a hole where one had grown and punched its way through. The ground had collapsed in but a hole had been created just long enough to get to the surface and and cause the devastation. It was a horrible accident and could not have been foreseen completely.

The gate itself was a twenty foot high metal rail several feet thick with energy crackling about it. It was covered, crusted in green sludge and the gate itself was crackling, filled with glowing energy. Miss Victory looked down at the hazmat suit. Already it was dissolving! She looked up to the gate through the thick green mist... The gate was doing something. Pulsing, crackling, energy lancing out...
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 21 2021, 11:20

LIONHEART

Dangling from the grip and feigning a weak struggle Lionheart reached out with his senses. He was a smart guy, a genius, and by counting those in the bank and then listening in on and isolating the heartbeats... ah ha.

In one of the side offices there was a slow regular heartbeat as if someone were sleeping. He gurgled as if to speak and raised his hands to the fingers around his throat.

The woman laughed. "You cannot break my vice ... like..." she said as he prised fingers apart casually and dropped to the ground then sped off!

"What the...?" she said, whirling about.

In the office was the prone form of an orange suited prisoner, shaven headed, looking like he needed a wash and in need of expensive dental treatment. He was slumped in a chair and with a casual click of fingers and slight slap on the face Lionheart confirmed he was in some sort of trance! now the tricky part was separating him from all those people out there. Would any violence be transferred to the innocent bank customers who were possessed by this man? He had only moments to decide what to do as there were sounds of those in the bank moving about, looking for him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 21 2021, 11:23

MISS VICTORY

Even as the Hazmat suit started to crumble and dissolve she looked about for the power cable and saw several linked generators jury rigged to provide one thick cable to the gateway! Concentrating her mind she switched her energies about and knew she wouldn't have long before the mist affected her!

OOC I was going to resolve this but need to know how many points you plan to plough into Mental Blast and what to leave for enhanced body. Might be an issue if you don't leave enough points in body...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 21 2021, 14:53

ooc: Let's see, she has a mental blast of 4, so if I keep Body at 23, then I can put 7 into the MB for a MB of 11. that should be strong enough to blast a power cable.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 21 2021, 21:19

In the office was the prone form of an orange suited prisoner, shaven-headed, looking like he needed a wash and in need of expensive dental treatment. He was slumped in a chair and with a casual click of fingers and slight slap on the face, Lionheart confirmed he was in some sort of trance! now the tricky part was separating him from all those people out there. Would any violence be transferred to the innocent bank customers who were possessed by this man? He had only moments to decide what to do as there were sounds of those in the bank moving about, looking for him!

At this point several different ideas span through his brain as faster than most people could think, he had already run through the scenarios. If he ran a long way, he knew that distance could be a factor! He also could physically assault the body and even if the feelings the others shared, would be divided among them, yet it could still prove traumatic enough for them to suffer some sort of permanent damage or mental trauma. He could assault the criminal with his mental abilities, but like the physical attack, it could prove catastrophic to those with whom he was still in contact. On some level, the man, was still in possession of his body, though absent from it. The other option might be to tranquillize him so that his body was no longer under his control and that would impair him. But in any case, it would be a risk it was just a question of what was the greatest risk to the escaped meta con? It was a standoff, but one he had to play out one way or another.

The least bad case he could think of was a combination. He hoped his best guess wasn't going to turn out to be his worst day ever.

OOC: Ugh I am not sure how to do this...I wanted to run him away as far as possible to break the hold over distance, but I won't know when I've done it unless he has to return to his body. I did think if that is the case I can run past a hospital grab a syringe full of anaesthetic or something and at that point shoot him some so that he was trapped in a body that was now asleep and his higher brain functions were subdued. But that is all guesswork and I don't know how far I'd need to run and if it would even work. The only way I could tell was if he snapped out of it. Knowing that it took all I could to stay in touch with the President over a distance, and he is among so many people, I thought that distance would be much lower since it would take a lot of effort to keep them all in place.

Right typing this out has convinced me, risky though it is. I will run to the nearest hospital, grab a syringe of tranquillizer and then see if he returns to his body. If not I will fly up and away until he does. If I get too far away and this doesn't seem to be working (10-20-50 miles etc) I will fill him with the tranquillizer and then fly back dump the body with the police and see if I can round up the people! I'm not sure what else to do and I am working on speed here to keep things from falling apart. I will preserve his body from accidentally breaking by using my TK to cacoon him. I will see if I can use Telepathy with anyone in the bank not affected by him to try and keep in touch...as best I can. I think that is my least worst option here. If I knew the rules better I might have a better guess, but that seems to just be meta gaming so perhaps it's just as well I don't.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 26 2021, 10:12

Miss Victory

Miss V ignored the 'fizzing' on her bare skin which she knew was the alien creatures, microscopic and in their multitudes, trying to eat her! They would die soon enough. Her keen scientific mind figured that mutations and evolving of the species would take time even for these creatures and so long as they did not evolve fully to breathe air, and then reproduce, the chances of such a mutation occurring again soon would be one in... millions. Billions perhaps.

Then she looked at this place, fill of green smoke, and pouring through a hole in the wall. Billions, and in this cloud there must be... trillions? How many waited on the other side of this gate?

Suddenly she knew she had to hurry!

Keeping her protective powers 'up' she concentrated with what was left of her Vita energy on directing it at the shielded cable...

OOC Mental Blast 11 + 4D Accuracy + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,10,5,11,11,4,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:31 (42) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:15 (23) +6 (to 17EV) vs Rv8=9RAPs. Success!

With a single searing blast she sliced through the cable and the gate crackled, flashed... then went dark!

The green mist continued to swirl about but no more issued from the gate! With a sigh of relief she glanced about and saw - steadily - the mist forming as a coating on all the surfaces as the creatures evolved or died, Mostly died. Oxygen was alien to them and...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 9 Lizard-man-evolved

Suddenly something happened in the mist and a thicker, darker more solid form grew almost instantly into an eight foot tall version of the giants which had trashed the house! Smaller, it needed less oxygen to survive and its lungs would evolve to accommodate that! It swept its head around, sucking up green mist in its mouth, eating, digesting it, licking its lips... then it turned its eyes on Miss Victory! With so much green mist still in the air she was alone in the lab with this thing... who saw HER as next on the menu!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 26 2021, 10:37

OOC No huge requirement to know the rules. I won't ever hold lack of rules knowledge against a player and will fill in the gaps where needed. The game is meant to be a challenge but fun as well so I never let a little thing like rules get in the way of the latter. Very Happy

Besides, the idea you have is sound.

LIONHEART

With a hundred different scenarios, ways, to break the link whizzing through his mind Lionheart scoops up the orange suited villain and zips out, then takes to the sky, switching his energy and keeping the orange suited form cocooned in Telekinetic force!

OOC that's another thing. I thought about it and a force field or energy covering of some kind might (in some way) negate the heat/friction of the air and thus no sonic boom. Don't know. That sounds like an advantage/tweak that has to be paid for.

Back in the bank the gathered people gasped. "What!" "How!" "Where is..." "What's happ..."

Up in the sky Lionheart spotted a hospital. Like other places it was suffering with congestion, choked with people who needed help. This really was a broken land!

Slowing, then flying to the rooftop he didn't waste time and flicked the lock through before speeding downstairs. Several floors later at speed he found what he was looking for, his medical knowledge helping...

OOC Int 10 + 4D medicine + Roll(6d12)+0: 3,7,8,9,5,2,+0 Total:17 (27) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,6,+0 Total:13 (19) +4 (to 11 Will) vs RV6=5 RAPs. Success.

Ignoring the slow motion protests of nurses and orderlies he took out the serums in vials, examined them, then selected three. That specific combination... he looked at the prisoner floating next to him and used his telekinesis to 'weigh' the fellow then back at the vials... yes, this should be enough. Again, moving faster than the eye could follow he measured three doses and injected them into a vein of the bad guy.

Before the Nurses could respond to the blur he wrote a message saying "In a hurry! World in peril! Send any bills to the Ultrahumans! Lionheart." which fluttered to the ground in his wake.

He also paused to look at people in the corridor. A pause for Lionheart was like an eon for most others... Hmmm.

=========

Getting back to the bank and finding not much had changed in the seconds he'd been gone, Lionheart set the villain down on the floor...

The gathered people, customers, tellers, guards... all shouted "What have you done! When I get back into my body I'll..."

As one, they all collapsed on the floor! Lionheart was able to whizz about and gently lower them, one by one, so they were comfortable.

Back in his own body the man spoke "Now I'll... why can't I... moooeeeeurgh..."

He tried moving his hands to cast a spell... tried speaking the words that would unlock the power of his abilities and control this speedster! Then his mind went fizzy and he fell into a deep sleep, a controlled coma!

Checking the man's pulse, satisfied, the British hero sped outside and spoke to the cops who were gathered there. Naturally they were jumpy but he explained there was one more villain to deal with then they could go in!

And he zipped off again...

OOC Just the electrical guy to mop up. He's in the vault. How do you want to go at him? Duke it out or the old brain zapperoo?

Meanwhile...

There were flustered people in the hospital and a gaping Nurse looked at the note in her hand. "Doctor, you have to see this it's..."

The corridors, full of injured people in every part of the hospital, all had various coloured post it notes stuck to their chest or shoulder explaining their injuries and how best to treat them!

One Doctor, already in the mid process of triage and diagnosis, looked at a note, then another. "These... whoever did this... was right! I was coming to the same conclusion! What just... LOOK ON ALL THE NOTES! GET WORD ROUND! ALL THOSE WHO NEED SURGERY WILL HAVE A NUMBER ... "She looked at the notes "ONE on them! FIRST PRIORITY! GET WORD AROUND!"

She looked at the notes again, one then another, carefully placing them back on the patients who lay in corridors and stood, looking further down the row and shook her head. It would have taken, hours, days, to sift through this many people. They would still run checks when they took them in but this Ultrahuman... Lionheart... whoever that was... clearly was some kind of medical genius!

"Jones! Get that man there prepped for surgery!" she shouted, bursting into action as Nurses and orderlies checked notes on people...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 26 2021, 14:00

OOC I meant to roll for Lionheart diagnosing the entire hospital but ran out of time, so here it is.

He is a world class Medicinal practitioner (Medicine 10) and certainly on a par with Dr Strange or Dr Donald Blake. Moreover he moves so fast (on a par with the Flash at his fastest) that we can apply the following:

Rather than assume he might fail to diagnose a treatment (which with 4 extra dice and 10 intelligence is nigh on impossible even with the iffy dice we get sometimes) we can do this...

Int 10 + Super Speed 7 Dice (!) + 1D medicine + Roll(10d12)+0: 4,4,8,12,1,1,10,1,4,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
9,11,+0 Total:36 (46) vs
OV3 + Multi (on 125 people) 14 + go for broke +4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (34) +5 (to 12 Will) vs RV17 - GFB 6 (RV11)=1 RAPs. Success.

Crikey that was actually closer than I thought. Skin of teeth actually Shocked

Anyway, that's how I interpret him being able to do thousands of things in a second thanks to his Superspeed and cutting down the time it takes to accomplish any task. He can even spend what is (to him) extra time to check things over and get it right and it will still seem as if it's instant to even a skilled physician.

Never used Superspeed in that way before but it's a simple matter to use a power as a skill to roll extra dice as Haunt does with his Self Manipulation power (and yes that still sounds odd) when he's looking for clues etc.

Basically Dave (E) ignore this - it's crunch and I meant to resolve it sooner but had to rush out!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed May 26 2021, 16:21

Transferring the energy she used for her mental blast into her strength, she leapt forward to punch the other-worldly alien lizardman.

ooc: 7 pts to strength

"Wonder if Reed Richards sells Unstable Molecule cloth for costumes or just keeps it for his team," she muttered as she attacked.

Admin wrote:Miss Victory

Miss V ignored the 'fizzing' on her bare skin which she knew was the alien creatures, microscopic and in their multitudes, trying to eat her! They would die soon enough. Her keen scientific mind figured that mutations and evolving of the species would take time even for these creatures and so long as they did not evolve fully to breathe air, and then reproduce, the chances of such a mutation occurring again soon would be one in... millions. Billions perhaps.

Then she looked at this place, fill of green smoke, and pouring through a hole in the wall. Billions, and in this cloud there must be... trillions? How many waited on the other side of this gate?

Suddenly she knew she had to hurry!

Keeping her protective powers 'up' she concentrated with what was left of her Vita energy on directing it at the shielded cable...

OOC Mental Blast 11 + 4D Accuracy + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,10,5,11,11,4,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:31 (42) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:15 (23) +6 (to 17EV) vs Rv8=9RAPs. Success!

With a single searing blast she sliced through the cable and the gate crackled, flashed... then went dark!

The green mist continued to swirl about but no more issued from the gate! With a sigh of relief she glanced about and saw - steadily - the mist forming as a coating on all the surfaces as the creatures evolved or died, Mostly died. Oxygen was alien to them and...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 9 Lizard-man-evolved

Suddenly something happened in the mist and a thicker, darker more solid form grew almost instantly into an eight foot tall version of the giants which had trashed the house! Smaller, it needed less oxygen to survive and its lungs would evolve to accommodate that! It swept its head around, sucking up green mist in its mouth, eating, digesting it, licking its lips... then it turned its eyes on Miss Victory! With so much green mist  still in the air she was alone in the lab with this thing... who saw HER as next on the menu!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 26 2021, 21:16

"Jones! Get that man there prepped for surgery!" she shouted, bursting into action as Nurses and orderlies checked notes on people...

OOC: Hey that was a really great little interlude, so good to see something good amongst the brokenness that really made me smile.  Nice to know that Lionheart could help the none powered heroes there.  

Lionheart had done what even he had been amazed at, but there was still the matter of the vault and this mysterious piece of paper that was, so sort after and yet remained illusively hidden.  

Nonetheless, he had a feeling for all that he had done, possibly the hardest part remained...

OOC: I was thinking of getting some wires so that if this electrical guy comes at me, I could try and "earth him", before I blasted him with my mind blast.  I seem to remember Spiderman tying wires to himself so that he could fight electro.  So I was thinking if I could get some strong industrial cable, attach it to a radiator or two and tie the ends to myself, then I could make sure that if he tried to blast me, as I mind blasted him his electrical bolts would pass through and out the other side as it were.  And especially if it turns out he's immune or somehow less affected by a mind blast.  I think that might be a smart move.

I would like to try and do that before tackling him and seeing if we can't wrap up this interlude.  Phew!  ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 29 2021, 18:56

OOC Apologies for the delay. Only half way through the 'week from hell'. Out of the house 12 hours at a time and got 3 more days like this to grind through. On top of that the laptop I'm posting from (at work) has decided that the letter 'G' is also a bit iffy. Doh.

MISS VICTORY

Mentally switching her energies the Maiden of Might steps up to deliver a jarring blow to the green skinned monstrosity!

OOC AV10 + 2D M Arts (2D Acrobatics) + Roll(6d12)+0: 10,7,5,12,12,2,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0
Total:39 (49) vs
OV10 + 2D Acrobatics + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,12,1,7,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (crikey) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:40 (50) Attack MISSED

The creature seemed so easy to hit... Miss Victory levelled up a punch to knock it out and... it swayed aside at the last moment!

It was watching Miss Victory keenly and glanced at it's hands, forming them into fists... Then it crouched in a fighting stance like Miss Victory and moved around like she did, seeking an opening...

What WAS it doing? Those large reptile eyes seemed to be taking everything in...

OOC you're up again. It hasn't attacked you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 29 2021, 19:15

LIONHEART

Considering the energy form of the villain in the vault Lionheart spends some time (OOC at his speed, not a lot of time is required) scouring around local building sites. They could bill the ultrahumans later!

A blur of motion marked his passing and time was an issue so whilst he regulated his speed there were enough rattling windows and shaking plasterboard in buildings to suggest something fast this way had come...

He found a spool of wire. Several, in fact, that might do the trick. Lifting and carrying them with telekinesis he sped back to the bank...

=========

"Where are ya... where... are ya..." muttered the crackling energy sheath villain as he moved from box to box, holding a hand slightly off the lid and applying power...

The electromagnetic hum got slightly louder and ... POP! The door popped off into his hand!

"Huh. They said I couldn't do this. Too much brute force." he muttered.

He looked around. "Where ARE they anyway?"

"Somethin' ain't right..." he muttered, sheathing his entire body and floating several fleet off the floor, a bright crackling barely human form with thousands of volts at his disposal!

"YO! Where are you guys?" he yelled. "Dis ain't right..." he muttered.

=========

Lionheart got back to the bank with the coils of wire and he'd spooled them to lamp posts outside.

A few bulbs might blow but hopefully this would work!

OOC The bad guy is coming back up the stairs judging by the glow and crackle/noise. Do you want to wait for him to zap you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 30 2021, 18:58

OOC The bad guy is coming back up the stairs judging by the glow and crackle/noise. Do you want to wait for him to zap you?[/color][/i]

Lionheart considered just mind blasting the dude as he came up, but he wondered if he was incorporeal and or had some way to lessen the effectiveness of his mind attack. Might he, if he attacked with an energy attack then lower his defences if he felt he had the upper hand? That all depended on if his crazy plan to earth himself worked. If not Lionheart would be fried and that wasn't something that he fancied.

Chance or not he had the upper hand best not to lose it, if he failed then it was down to him being earthed to limit the damage done, and see if he could attack physically if mind blast couldn't 'find' a mind to blast. No, as soon as he saw the sight of the villain, Lionheart would Mind Blast him, time to end this and get the wounded to safety.

OOC: Devastating attack via Mindblast on the Electro dude.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 31 2021, 14:19

OOC Mind Blast 15 + Accuracy 4D (1D Acrobatics) + Roll(6d12)+0: 9,6,1,5,1,2,+0 Total:15 (30) (eek that's not great) vs
OV7 + Dev Attack 8 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (31) Missed!

LIONHEART

Going for power over accuracy, Lionheart unleashed a potent mind blast as soon as the bad guy showed up... and missed! He'd been too eager, to desperate to flatten the guy rather than softening him up!

"Who the hell are... you know, it don't matter... DIEEEE!!!" snarled the man who lit up even brighter than before! Every lightbulb in the place, every computer terminal, the bank machines, the wiring in the walls, all exploded outwards and Lionheart suddenly felt like a he really needed rubber shoes!

OOC Lightning 20 + Accuracy 2D + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,4,8,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
1,9,+0 Total:18 (38) vs
OV26 + Crit Blow 4 + range 2 + 1D acrobatics + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,6,9,+0 Total:15 (47) Missed!

The lightning shot at the British Superhero... who saw it coming. Indeed, he had chance to glance about at the exploding terminals, shattering plasterwork and count the individual motes of energy bursting from the light fittings!

When he'd started out as a hero, he was fast. Superhuman fast, when compared to ordinary human beings. As a PSI Corps soldier in the 22nd century he'd been an effective if unremarkable law enforcer. Too likely to joke about and play the fool to make it far in the ranks. A quirk of fate, chasing Saladin into the past and merging with him to unlock the TRUE potential of the PSI Corps, something Bentham and Trowers never realised when they set the second gen against the first, had changed him, dramatically. Thousands of times faster, millions even, than before.

Fast enough to see Lightning coming at it and step aside casually.

The bad guy gaped - in slow motion. Unused to missing, he couldn't quite believe what his eyes or his brain were telling him! Who WAS this guy?

OOC You win initiative, you're up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 31 2021, 17:30

Admin wrote:The bad guy gaped - in slow motion. Unused to missing, he couldn't quite believe what his eyes or his brain were telling him! Who WAS this guy?

OOC You win initiative, you're up!

Lionheart considered giving the villain his name, but truth be told he wasn't one for posturing. Yes, he liked to bait the criminals he faced, test their weaknesses often in their character, ego and pride. But right now, he didn't feel like giving any kind of 'congratulations you've been bested by'...the man was still clearly a threat and giving him chance to gain the upper hand whilst spouting meaningless trivia about whom he faced, wasn't at all what Lionheart was about. It was the cop training and breeding he guessed, he was about the job, although he didn't mind a little fun along the way.

But now wasn't the time for that, now was the time for talking in actions, not words.

OOC: OK go for accuracy this time, and try to line up a better shot with Mind Blast if I can.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 01 2021, 15:39

ooc: Drop one point of Strength and put it into DEX. That may help hitting it this time. Going for crit attack too.

"Great! It's learning! Just what I don't need," Miss Victory grumbled as she attacked again.

Admin wrote:OOC Apologies for the delay. Only half way through the 'week from hell'. Out of the house 12 hours at a time and got 3 more days like this to grind through. On top of that the laptop I'm posting from (at work) has decided that the letter 'G' is also a bit iffy. Doh.

MISS VICTORY

Mentally switching her energies the Maiden of Might steps up to deliver a jarring blow to the green skinned monstrosity!

OOC AV10 + 2D M Arts (2D Acrobatics) + Roll(6d12)+0: 10,7,5,12,12,2,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0
Total:39 (49) vs
OV10 + 2D Acrobatics + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,12,1,7,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (crikey) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:40 (50) Attack MISSED

The creature seemed so easy to hit... Miss Victory levelled up a punch to knock it out and... it swayed aside at the last moment!

It was watching Miss Victory keenly and glanced at it's hands, forming them into fists... Then it crouched in a fighting stance like Miss Victory and moved around like she did, seeking an opening...

What WAS it doing? Those large reptile eyes seemed to be taking everything in...

OOC you're up again. It hasn't attacked you...
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next