The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack!

3 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 2 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack!

Post  Admin Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:29

OOC Where Shape Change and Self Manipulation differ is Shape Change allows you to become an animal then boost its stats to a certain degree (adding Shape Change to its abilities). Slef Manipulation allows you to divide the points up to resemble an animal or object but those points do not add to your existing abilities. So you could make an armoured suit with the Skin Armour power I suppose, but not one that boosts your strength. More powerful than Shape Change? More versatile maybe. You don't change colour or texture when you become a new object so would be a White Elephant, White Cat etc.

As far as I remember the only one in the game who might have encountered a Dragon is Frostbite and anyone who accompanied him to the land of Avalon (with Elesieth the Elven Queen, Morgana Le Faye - again, and a whole host of magical creatures and whatnot).

Alexander Lucas - the man the heroes knew as Professor Thoth - shrugged. "I deal with all manner of weird and wonderful. Dragons? Have I encountered them?"

"Too many to count." he pondered.

He walked up and took the scale from Haunt. Raising it to the gaslight he looked through it and lifted the cover to expose the flame, rolling and tilting the scale in the naked flame. No smoke rose and there was no mark on it.

"So, a fire or possibly acid breathing dragon. If this is a rib scale we're looking at ..." he pondered. "Constanza would know better but I'd say fifty to seventy five feet long. Probably the latter. Dragons can squeeze into remarkably small places even though this hole is what, 10, 12, 13 feet across and high? An Oriental Dragon could squeeze through easily. They have no wings and fly under their own magical power."

Colonel DeHavilland shook his head. "I should be astonished but I'm not. Since I've known you Lucas I have seen and heard things that would send the ordinary person screaming from the room. Now I take a polite interest and wonder how big a cannon we would need to make a dent in such a creature."

He sighed "So a Dragon, under cover of darkness, landed in London, used it's fiery or acidic breath to burn a perfectly formed tunnel for a mile or more under the capital and into the Queens vaults, ignored priceless riches to take an innocuous cup and make off with it. The cup it turns out was none other than the Holy Grail of Legend and has - for centuries - compelled magical creatures and beings of evil to stay away from the land. Now we have reports of Lycanthropes and Vampires of all things in the capital and struggle to hush it up with stories of a serial killer. The Press call him 'Jack the Ripper'. Who knows what else is turning up?"

"Ghosts, I should think. Spooks, spectres, Ghouls, the walking dead, Witches, Warlocks, Devils, Goblins and things that go bump in the night." said Lucas, grim of face.

The Colonel gaped and puffed on his pipe rapidly. "Then whatever shall we do?"

Lucas frowned. "The obvious thing would be to get after the Grail. The people who took it aren't stupid. There are no reports of Dragons that we know about so the Grail will go by land, sea and possibly air."

"Air?" asked the Colonel. "Come now Lucas..."

"It is not the fastest mode of transport at this time but hot air balloons, or balloons with a gondola suspended below them at any rate. To remain hidden from prying eyes such as mine the grail must be transported with care and with less than optimum haste. That it is headed to the Orient, none can dispute I would say. It is already beyond the traditional boundaries of Britain." said the Mage.

"He turned to Gibb and Carter. Enlist Dakkars aid in any way you can. He hates the British Empire but perhaps there is something he does want, some service, that can bring him to our side. You and I have abilities that allow us to travel at high speed Carter but we must be wary. Our enemy has greater resources than we do and they are watching. Reports of giant white flying birds or fantastical vehicles will be reported and they shall change their path to suit, even go to ground. Time is on their side, and ours is running out. The Grail performed a service few knew of but that the land cannot live without."

Colonel DeHavilland nodded. "We'd best get to it. Will you accept your commissions Gentlemen, and be instructed in the top secret means of contacting agents?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 2 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 06 2020, 17:27

Admin wrote:Colonel DeHavilland nodded. "We'd best get to it. Will you accept your commissions Gentlemen, and be instructed in the top secret means of contacting agents?"

OOC: Nice description - my suggestion is we get back to the party and we close in on the Prince asap, we've got one bargaining chip from the Queen perhaps though there might be something else that we can use to leverage his help, maybe even win one for the team and get into his good graces.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Aug 06 2020, 21:00

"We shall do our best, Sir," Nick Carter replies with a bow. "Perhaps I can charm him into joining us, something along the lines of "It takes those who aren't British to save the British Bacon". We will see."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 07 2020, 18:32

The Colonel lead the two men into a side room and a woman in there gave them a crash course into give a secret sign. A look, a turn of the shoulder and a raising of a hand and a twist of the index finger in a circle in a certain manner would signal to those trained they were acting for the crown, and be ignored by others.

Mindful that the meal was continuing without them the woman rushed the instruction. She was surprised as the pair of men picked up the trick in record time thanks to their superhuman reflexes, agility and genius IQs!

"Well I never! I suppose... the rest you can be taught at another time but that will identify you... I... I've never seen new agents pick up the 'sign' as fast or as proficiently! I shall...well, I'll let the Colonel know! Enjoy your meal!" she said.

The Colonel looked surprised but chuckled. "I shouldn't be surprised. I've heard of you from Lucas, who is a man of mystery and incredible abilities. He said you two were remarkable from what he could remember. I see he was right."

=========

The underground train ride and journey up to the ground level of the palace seemed to take an age but were minutes in fact.

The pair were led back to the table by Lucas/Thoth who proclaimed loudly "I am sorry the starter didn't meet your expectations sirs, but thank you for letting me know of your medical conditions and dietary requirements."

Penny, Mina and Watson - who seemed grumpily sober - looked up and were about to question the pair until a 'ding ding ding' was rung out and the next course was to come out.

Penny leaned in to Gibb and whispered "We weren't sure what happened. Is everything alright? That waiter isn't... normal... is he?"

Mina scowled. "I can barely sit here without wanting to snatch up a knife and thrust it into the COunts black heart!" she hissed.

Watson shrugged "I thought the Prawn Cocktail was alright, myself."

OOC The next post shall have you encountering Prince Dakkar... CAPTAIN NEMO!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 07 2020, 19:41

Mina scowled. "I can barely sit here without wanting to snatch up a knife and thrust it into the COunts black heart!" she hissed.

Watson shrugged "I thought the Prawn Cocktail was alright, myself."

OOC The next post shall have you encountering Prince Dakkar... CAPTAIN NEMO!

"Always been partial to prawns myself," Nick tells Watson as he gives Mina a comforting smile.  "You should let go your anger, it will spoil your appetite and when do you get to eat such a meal as this?  But do not let down you guard while doing so."

He glances over at Prince Dakkar to try and get the measure of the man, the way he moved and talked, the way he held himself.  If ever came a day he needed to impersonate Captain Nemo, he wanted it to be one of his best impersonations.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Aug 07 2020, 20:31

DavidMcMahon wrote:Mina scowled. "I can barely sit here without wanting to snatch up a knife and thrust it into the COunts black heart!" she hissed.

Penny leaned in to Gibb and whispered "We weren't sure what happened. Is everything alright? That waiter isn't... normal... is he?"

"When is anything you've seen since first meeting me, been anything other than abnormal, my dear. What amazes me is the way you've adapted so remarkably, as if...well you were born to it. Which lets face it you probably were." Gibb smiled and started to relax, the meal meant there was little they could do and it had been a while since he had had the chance to eat uninterrupted. And though the cuisine wasn't what he was used to, it was still excellent food to a hungry man.

He to noticed Carter taking the measure of the crowd and Dakkar in particularly. He wondered when they'd get a chance to make a move.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 07 2020, 22:02

From this distance (a dozen or so tables away) it was difficult to pick up speech and mannerisms but Rush King was one of the worlds foremost actors. Anything he couldn't accurately replicate, he'd wing.

The man was noble of bearing and his stiff back wide shouldered stance suggested a man of action. Indeed despite a few smiles and polite words to those others on the very long 'royal' table his eyes seemed to be looking around, measuring, assessing, watching.

And Haunt saw him glance at him.

The man was a visionary, an exiled prince willing to take on an entire Empire and with the intelligence, imagination and resources to provide a stiff challenge even if outnumbered, outgunned and out manoeuvred.

Penny glanced at Carter looking at Dakkar and frowned. "He is not evil, but he is calculating. And he is... talented."

Gibb glanced at her and she looked back. "Sorry. Sometimes it just happens with a look, but he is like you. Not exactly, but he has more than a man should have. I'm not sure why though. There is a word. Sipstrassi."

The waiters started turning up with the next course and a wine top up.

=========

Carter and Gibb kept eyes out but there appeared nothing dramatic save the occasional wine spillage and people rising to avoid the flow of the liquid across the tabletop.

Music played, people rose from their seats and made for the extensive dance floor.

Count Dracula was seen striding in a direction towards the house. Prince Dakkar finished polite conversation with a bow and set off walking with his small entourage of four. Towards the exit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Aug 07 2020, 22:09

Admin wrote:Count Dracula was seen striding in a direction towards the house. Prince Dakkar finished polite conversation with a bow and set off walking with his small entourage of four. Towards the exit.

With a nod toward Carter, Gibb took Penny's arm and said, "They're playing our theme song, time to go reel in the "big Kahuna" of our little non stop show.

Gibb Knew Carter had been watching, but it gave him an excuse to sweep up Penny and move toward the Prince he'd let Carter do the talking and offered a hand to Mina to take the ladies as his weapons of mass distraction.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 07 2020, 22:24

ooc: Since discovering I took accidentally took Artist of 7 and not Artist: Actor of 7, I realized that the Haunt/Rush King could be considered one of the world's premiere dancers. And no chance to show off his moves since he has to go talk to this guy. tongue tongue
Also, painter, sculptor, director, writer, etc. Next time we get to update characters, I gotta see about shifting some of those points around and sticking them into wealth. Exclamation Exclamation

"Mina, shall we be like Daniel and beard the lion in his den," he asks his companion of the evening. Giving her his arm, he heads straight for Captain Nemo, or at least he thinks of him as Captain Nemo instead of some Prince, even if he doesn't look like James Mason. "Gibbs, hold my beer!" [not sure if he gets that reference but hey! American.]

He intercepts the group just before they arrive at the cloak room. Figuring bold is better than polite and timid he swaggers up to the group, stopping before the men would start to object how close he is to them.

"Howdy, Prince," he says in a somewhat exaggerate drawl. "Name's Nick Carter. American. I hear you hate the British. Want to help me tarnish their Pride and have them actually Thank You for it? If so, have we got a deal for you! Care to discuss it?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 08 2020, 07:42

Penny was delighted that Gibb took her arm and squealed with joy as she was able to forget the heavy weight on all of their shoulders and go with the flow of the music.

Despite not being an expert at dancing Steeplejack had extreme superhuman dexterity and was able to react and move expertly on the floor, picking up the dance in seconds and going with it.

All the while Gibb kept an eye on the Prince with one revolution and spotting the Count with another. Dracula had stopped off to talk to people and he too glanced occasionally in the direction of Gibb and Carter. When he met Gibb's eyes they narrowed and he gave a slight smile. Finally he nodded and headed into the great house/palace.

Carter brashly approached the Prince and the burly fellow with thick arms and turban slipped in between Carter and the Prince and glowered down at him. Mina wasn't impressed but kept her silence.

The Prince placed a hand on the turbaned bodyguard who bowed his head and moved aside.

"Mr Carter, you are a long way from home. As am I. Hate is such a strong word. Would I be here if I hated them? However this is just chit chat. It delays me from more important business, and so I must take my leave sir. I wish you a good evening." He turned to leave...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Aug 08 2020, 09:57

Admin wrote:"Mr Carter, you are a long way from home. As am I. Hate is such a strong word. Would I be here if I hated them? However this is just chit chat. It delays me from more important business, and so I must take my leave sir. I wish you a good evening." He turned to leave...

Taking the lead Gibb moved Penny toward the real centre of his attention, Carter and the Prince, as Carter seemed to be getting a bit of a brush off he moved closer to be of assistance if not help should it be needed, whilst at the same time complimenting Penny on her excellent proficiency in dancing.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Aug 08 2020, 11:45

Steeple_jackuk wrote:
Admin wrote:"Mr Carter, you are a long way from home. As am I. Hate is such a strong word. Would I be here if I hated them? However this is just chit chat. It delays me from more important business, and so I must take my leave sir. I wish you a good evening." He turned to leave...

Taking the lead Gibb moved Penny toward the real centre of his attention, Carter and the Prince, as Carter seemed to be getting a bit of a brush off he moved closer to be of assistance if not help should it be needed, whilst at the same time complimenting Penny on her excellent proficiency in dancing.

Sj

"What could be more important," Carter asks softly, stepping around in front of the Prince. "You've already been offered a great deal of freedom for your kingdom in India including being recognized as your own country, yet you turned them down. Could it be that you have decided to side with Professor Moriarty and you do not wish to be late to a meeting with one of his lapdogs? That by siding with him you can get more than freedom for your little kingdom?"

'Or, as he has been known to do, he has some hold on you, perhaps holding a loved one to make you obey him or at the very least, refuse to help the Brits? Are you a helpless pawn in his hands?"

"So tell me, just what is so important to you that you cannot speak to us," he finishes, genuinely curious by now.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 08 2020, 20:05

The Prince's face is like a stone but Haunt is an actor. One of the very, very best actors of this or any era. Something of what he has said has touched a nerve.

"I suggest, sir, that you leave your conspiracy theories to yourself. Enjoy the evening, dance, drink wine, make merry. Let others with more responsibility resolve the problems of the world." he says whilst trying to maintain his temper.

"As for James Moriarty, if you are working for him, I suggest you give him a message. When negotiating with someone it is impolite to hold a gun at that person's head. Instead you should look down to see whether the opponent holds their own weapon, read to use."

"Good evening." he says and starts to step around. The hulking muscleman in the turban steps up to Carter and looks down. A number of bulges in his clothing suggest he is carrying weapons...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Aug 08 2020, 20:57

Nick just casually moves the bodyguard to the side as would happen if two people brushed shoulders with each other as they passed by and the stronger one causes the weaker one to sort of half-step away and steps up to the Prince.

"I'm trying to stop James Moriarty and Dr. Fu Manchu and all their ilk and I ... WE need your help to do so. We need your resources, your contacts to counteract theirs. They are everywhere and we need help to stop them. Did you know an undead ate with us this evening? You even shared polite conversation with him. Do you want that to be a normal thing for everyone to live through?"

"I will give you time and await your decision sir but I hope it is a good decision."

Nick steps back and winks at the bodyguard.

ooc: Ok, if I can't talk him into joining us I will just follow him ... everywhere! Maybe not as Nick Carter but maybe as the Haunt, we will see.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Aug 08 2020, 21:44

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:  Ok, if I can't talk him into joining us I will just follow him ... everywhere!  Maybe not as Nick Carter but maybe as the Haunt, we will see.

Seeing the nature of the conversation and the strain that suddenly appears between them, Gibb takes Penny from the dance to Carter's side, even as the Prince's body guard is jostled.

"Are we having a problem getting the Prince on board, so to speak?" Gibb mentally kicked himself now wasn;t the time for bad puns even if it wasn't intended.

OOC: Assuming the Prince does leave...if he doesn't then ignore the next line...

"Well, I guess if he's as good as they say he is, he'll know where we're staying with whom and what we had for breakfast tomorrow. I guess I might as well get back to the dance, kinda liking it." He added a colour smile flashed toward Penny.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 09 2020, 20:32

The bodyguard was shocked at being manhandled so easily. Carter was a reasonably athletic build but had pushed aside a man who could wrestle a bear without any effort at all!

Dakkar noted that, and narrowed his eyes. "Moriarty has kidnapped by youngest brother. He says no harm will come to him and he is being held somewhere in Paris but I need to ensure that my resources and network are available to him and his comrades. He specifically mentions Sherlock Holmes and anyone who travels with him. I noted that Dr Watson was sat with you therefore you must be in Holmes' inner circle. I am required to wire a telegram to a place that will then contact Moriarty once you are located. I do not like bullied or manipulated."

He waves away the angry bodyguard and looks Carter and Gibb up and down, then bows to the lady and kisses her hand. "Madame, my sincere apologies. My manners are lacking but they tend to do so when I feel threatened."

"Go to Paris, find and free my brother then we shall talk. I have my people watching out for Moriarty. Where he goes, I will know. Unfortunately they know of many of my agents. You, they will not know. I can arrange for transportation of the fastest kind across the channel for you."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Aug 09 2020, 22:35

"Go to Paris, find and free my brother then we shall talk. I have my people watching out for Moriarty. Where he goes, I will know. Unfortunately they know of many of my agents. You, they will not know. I can arrange for transportation of the fastest kind across the channel for you."

"We can do that," Nick Carter said with confidence. "Where do we go for this transportation?"

Nick looked around, wondering if John Carter was still nearby and if he could be enticed into joining their little group. The man had played down his abilities but he was a soldier through and through. He could ride just about anything, was a master of the pistol, rifle and blade. And he had organized and led troops numerous times, not just on Mars but as a cavalry officer during the Civil War, on the South's side. He would be a good general to have with them if it came to a mass battle between Moriarty's and Dr. Fu Manchu's troops, provided that they had troops of their own, such as Nemo's.

ooc: Just throwing that idea out there.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Aug 10 2020, 08:30

DavidMcMahon wrote:
"We can do that," Nick Carter said with confidence.  "Where do we go for this transportation?"

Nick looked around, wondering if John Carter was still nearby and if he could be enticed into joining their little group.  The man had played down his abilities but he was a soldier through and through.  He could ride just about anything, was a master of the pistol, rifle and blade.  And he had organized and led troops numerous times, not just on Mars but as a cavalry officer during the Civil War, on the South's side.  He would be a good general to have with them if it came to a mass battle between Moriarty's and Dr. Fu Manchu's troops, provided that they had troops of their own, such as Nemo's.

ooc:  Just throwing that idea out there.

Gibb nodded in agreement, "Paris will be very pleasant, even if our mission not so, at this time of year. A sideways glance at Penny left him wondering if he should take his 'companion' with him or would she be in more danger here?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 10 2020, 11:58

Gibb considered what he knew of Penny.

She had powerful mental and some mystical abilities and gave off that strange 'calming influence' to mystical evil beings that reined in their urges to act on their nature. Oh a werewolf would still kill and a Vampire would still feed, but their ability to spread and create a contagion was curtailed.

Perhaps she was better off at home in London, though the rest of the country might suffer. With Thoth and Constanza here as well as Spring heeled Jack, the vampire vigilante, watching over her, she might be safe.

Might.

"There's a field near Folkestone. My man Pinjab will direct you. You should leave immediately. Find and free my brother and I shall help you. That is my word, my bond."

"Your highness..." said the muscled Brute brushed aside by Haunt. "Perhaps you should reconsider aligning yourself with..."

The Prince stared and the big man went silent, bowing his head and stepping back. "You forget yourself." he said calmly though his eyes were angry. "I am making a business proposition. Moriarty and Fu Manchu made an offer that was not to my liking and have little in the way of honour. These gentlemen have a chance to prove themselves." He turned back. "My apologies for that intrusion. There will be words. In the meantime you may wish to pack clothes or supplies and as soon as you arrive at Folkestone at the address listed..." the Prince glanced at Pinjab who bowed his head "You will be transported to Paris. Night time would be best."

"It is a strange thing. You are strangers. I never met or heard of you before but I trust my instincts. They say that anyone with the good taste to escort two dazzlingly lovely young ladies must be worth further consideration. That, and I sense if I were to say the word... 'Internet' I would not elicit a response of befuddlement, but more, surprise. Pinjab, the details. Ladies, it has been my greatest pleasure to have met you. Gentlemen. You have... twenty four hours to return from Paris with my brother, alive and well... " and his expression darkened "... I hope or as you find him."

The Prince bowed his head, turned, and left.

Pinjab stepped up. "Sirs, the address." he said, handing a card. It was a farm in Folkestone. "As you as you arrive they will know to depart. Questions?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Aug 10 2020, 12:03

"Where in Paris do we go once we have the Prince's brother," asks Nick.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Aug 10 2020, 12:40

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Where in Paris do we go once we have the Prince's brother," asks Nick.

Gibb turned to Penny, whilst Carter sorted out the details. He knew she wouldn't like it but explained that on this occasion it would be better if Carter and He handled things. He needed someone back here with Thoth and Constanza and Mina whom he could trust. Besides with Dracula in town, anything that helped, helped.

After explaining the situation, he turned back to Carter and said, "Time for some bracing sea air, me thinks"

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 11 2020, 18:30

Pinjab nodded. "Very Good Mr Carter, you have a positive outlook and think ahead. Prince Dakkar is rarely wrong when it comes to placing his trust and I hope your party and the Princes' organisation can form a beneficial relationship."

"There is a cafe opposite the entrance to the Eiffel tower called le petit café, the small cafe. It is doing very well thanks to visitors to the tower which is of course a wonder of the age. An agent shall meet you in there. Identify them by the white carnation in their lapel. The clock is ticking, sirs. For the Prince to trust and help you, you must prove yourselves worthy. If the loathsome Moriarty has executed the Princes' brother then retrieving his body would be preferable. Though the Prince might not then fully cooperate he will offer recompense of some sort."

The Princes' aide looked about. "This party shall go on for some hours but I suggest you leave now sirs. By carriage or horseback it will take some hours to get to Folkestone. However the Prince has placed a small personal wager that you are there within an hour. I said it was impossible and I hope you prove the Prince wrong. Good evenings sirs. I shall make preparations for your journey to France upon your immediate arrival at Folkestone."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Aug 11 2020, 19:54

"If it is just us two," Nick murmurs to Gibbs, "then the prince is going to win his wager."

He turns to the two ladies, "Ladies, please tell Mr. Holmes what went on and that the two of us are going off on a mission for the Prince to get his cooperation.  Also if someone would speak with Mr. John Carter, the Virginian I spoke with earlier this evening, and see if he would join our cause, I would be grateful.  While he has no special abilities here on Earth, he is quite skilled and could be very useful when it comes time to fight a large number of foes."

"The skills I speak of include able to ride any beast in combat, he is a skilled Cavalry Man.  A crack shot with pistol and rifle.  A master of the blade.  He has had a great deal of experience leading men in combat as well.  He even has experience flying machines in air.  And he has seen and experienced things that most men would never dream of, so he is not easily frightened by the unknown.  If troops are needed, such a man would be valuable leading them."

He looks at his partner and waits for him to give his farewells while trying to remember where Folkestone might be.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Aug 11 2020, 21:06

DavidMcMahon wrote:He looks at his partner and waits for him to give his farewells while trying to remember where Folkestone might be.

Whilst Carter was bartering with Pinjab, Gibb knew how this would play out, so he quickly took Penny to one side. "Sorry we've got to do this one alone, not my choice but I think you are too valuable here. So I am depending on you to protect Mr Holmes, Watson, Mina and England, I know its a little beneath you after all you've been through recently. But I'm sure you'll take it in your stride."

With that Gibb stepped back gave an audacious bow and winked before joining his friend.

"Right then, once we get to Folkstone in say 30 mins what will we do with the rest of our time?" He smiled good natured as he stole a glance back at Penny and prepared to follow his friend out into the night.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Aug 11 2020, 21:32

"Right then, once we get to Folkstone in say 30 mins what will we do with the rest of our time?" He smiled good natured as he stole a glance back at Penny and prepared to follow his friend out into the night.

"Do you remember where it is," Nick asked as he went to gather his things from the cloak room.  "A port town on the English Channel is all I remember at the moment.  Wait!  Near Dover is it not?"

Going outside he asks, "shall we fly or shall I turn into a fast speedboat and race down the Thames?"

ooc:  Not sure how many APs of speed I can get with SelfManipulation [and I still hate the name of that power!]
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next