The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8 - Home at last... but what is home?

3 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8 - Home at last... but what is home?

Post  Admin Mon Apr 06 2020, 22:34

OOC Without Adrenaline Surge (burned out) you're on a loser. This is the smart move. Not heroic, but then heroic failure/getting your head kicked in because of some macho notion of no retreat/no surrender isn't smart either! Save that for the 80s action movie heroes...

So, the problem without Adren Surge is that Weather Control is 8.

It's currently Muggy/Damp (3) + Mild (3) and Slight Breeze (2) and you want to change it to Monsoon (5) Record Cold (1) and Tornado (6). Y The OV/RV is the difference between the two total scores (8-12 = 4 columns or OV 8/RV8). Frosty might just be able to make this...

Weather Control 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:17 (25) vs
OV 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total:16 (24)

+1 EV (to 9) vs RV8= 1 RAP

Despite his lowered power levels Frostbite summoned a tornado, freezing cold and monsoon rain in the area! Instantly the clouds boiled overhead and WOOSH! the rain started to come down in icy needles!

It was hard to see anything and Frostbite relied on his last sight of the farmhouse to fly overhead and swoop down to where the UKChampions were under siege from a number of the black clad Eurotrash agents and several supers!

He knew Atomica would be hot on his heels and perhaps just a single blast from her might flatten him!

Flea bounced up and set Surge down. Both were shielding their eyes from the dousing rain and Flea yelled "Boss! That woman is coming back! I'm gonna try n do somethin' about her!"

Castaway, with blood running freely from a cut to her temple, teleported next to the group. "What happened to the plan? We were waiting then POW! someone came out of nowhere and was so fast we didn't even see it! Shamrock took a hard hit and I transported him away as best I could but I couldn't leave Bloodhound!" she yelled over the howl of the wind.

"Whatever brought this storm on is a godsend! We're outnumbered and outgunned and it looks like someone has mind controlled Atomica!" she screamed as the wind picked up in intensity.

The problem was Frostbite knew he'd been only partially successful and the storm wouldn't last very long!

"Boss!" yelled Flea. "Want me to knock these guys about a bit" referring tot he Eurotrash agents "or get real sneaky and blindside shiny britches? At my strongest I think I could really make a dent!"

Surge wiped water from his eyes and shouted "The kid will get toasted boss!"

Castaway bellowed "We need to retreat and regroup! No way we can take Atomica!"

Flea looked at them and turned to Frostbite "Together we can do it boss, but to blindside her I might need someone to... uh... be the lure."

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8 - Home at last... but what is home?

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 07 2020, 12:19

Admin wrote:Castaway bellowed "We need to retreat and regroup! No way we can take Atomica!"

Flea looked at them and turned to Frostbite "Together we can do it boss, but to blindside her I might need someone to... uh... be the lure."

"If we don't do this now, we won't do it later, regrouped or not. Kid make this count..."

Frostbite rose into the air and shouted..."Atomica, call yourself a Princess, of royalty. I heard from Shamrock that you were conceived after a drunken tryst with a lowly footsoldier. Regardless of who your mother was, who was your father, overstuffed, pretentious excuse for a member of royalty. You want me, well I'm not hiding now, come and get me... "

OOC: Oh this isn't going to be easy...I sure hope there is a way Flea gets this right or like a house of cards we are going to be looking at some serious smack down. Now at least we know where Mamba has been all this time.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 08 2020, 04:04

The wind howled, sleeting rain smashed down and it was bitterly cold to boot! Frostbite knew it would pass in just a few short seconds but he would hope that he made it count!

Surge looked drenched (as the others did) but determined. "If the kid messes this up... we may not get a second chance! Atomica seems to move faster than my eyes can follow but I'll do my part if this plan goes south!"

Castaway looks about. "Mamba is out here somewhere!" she shouts over the howl of the wind. "Everyone be on your guard!"

Bloodhound smashes another Eurotrash Super agent down and arrives through the rain and murk. "We need help to defeat Atomica! If she's being mind controlled like we suspect, there's no telling what the person inside will seek to achieve with her power!"

Frostbite didn't need telling twice, but gamely rose into the air and shouted his challenge to Atomica, making himself more visible in the storm by increasing the glow of his chest plate!

OOC initiative...

Frostbite 25 + 11 (36)
Flea 30 + 11 (41)
Atomica (possessed so lower stats) 27 + 4 (31)

In fluid form he was slightly better protected than if he was dispersed (phased) because he was harder to actually hit, but knew that his powers were not operating anywhere near their peak efficiency. This would be close! He made himself a target, knowing that the heroes might not have another chance of taking down the possessed superhero!

OOC Flea Adrenaline Surge... Str only. Going for broke 4 Columns (in APs, +8OV/-12RV)...

Adren Surge 18 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,2,+0 Total:14  (32) vs
OV5 + 8 (GfB) (13) + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8 (21)

+5 EV (to 23) vs RV 5 - 9 (going for broke) = 27. Flea's strength boosts to 32 temporarily. Now to actually hit and against Atomica, that won't be easy!

Summoning up more adrenaline to course through his veins than he'd EVER done, the youngster bulged like a gorged flea! He had to wait for Atomica to come into range of his leaping which didn't take long as the possessed Superhero was blown about by Frostbites winds!

"Your words mean nothing, 'hero'!" 'she' screamed through the wind at Frostbite. "It will only take a moment to destr..."

Flea launched his attack from below and behind her!

OOC Blindside attack... Using Martial Artist...Going for a Critical Blow!

Flea Dex 14 + Martial Artist four extra dice + Roll(6d12)+0: 3,6,12,9,9,3,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,8,+0 Total:37 (51) vs
Atomica Dex 15 + four extra dice acrobatics + Crit Blow 4 - blindside 2 + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,2,9,4,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,9,+0 Total:29 (46) Hit... but not by much! I thought the Crit Blow might scupper the whole thing then!

+3 EV (to 35) vs RV 24 - 6 (Crit Blow, so 18 RV)= 17 Damage!

SSSSSSSSSSMMMMMACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

Despite her incredible reflexes allowing her to duck aside at the last moment even though Flea was jumping out of the gloom/wind/rain Flea connected with a mighty punch that somehow got through Atomica's forcefield and sent her flying forward through the air! Frostbite considered sending a blast down at her but it was clear her freefall was a mad tumbling of arms and legs!

She crashed into the ground of the moorlands and lay still, the fiery form finally fizzling out to reveal a woman in what amounted to be a swim suit!

"Yeeeowch!" said Flea, wringing his hand. "Never hit anyone that hard before! If you hadn't distracted her I'd never be able to get in a shot like that! She could have just flown around and blasted me from a distance then 'pfffft' no more Flea! Thanks Boss, not sure I could have done what you just did." said the youngster referring to Frostbites brave plan of standing there in the air being a target for the villain!

Castaway shouts up through the wind and rain "She's down but not by much! I hope she's herself when she recovers! I don't think we could..."

OOC Danger Sense 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,1,+0 Total:3 FAILED and POWER BURNED OUT! Crikey these dice don't have throw out some dross.

A sudden blur of motion just as the wind and rain suddenly died down indicated that which Surge and Frostbite had feared.. the return ... of MAMBA!

The ultra fast criminal raced up to Castaway and Flea where he stood not far away and delivered hammer like blows!

OOC Going for a devastating attack... and Flea has used up all his dice for attack leaving nothing for defence!

Mamba Dex 20 + two dice for attack from martial arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,2,7,9,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:19 (39) vs
Highest OV 14 + multi attack 2 + Dev attack 8 + acrobatics three extra dice (from Castaway, Flea has none) + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,8,5,2,4,+0 Total:13 (37)

+2EV (to 9) vs highest RV 10 + 2 (multi attack) -12 (Dev Attack) means 0RV=9 damage apiece

Castaway staggers as a punch catches her at speed and leaves her sprawled in the mud face down. OOC CASTAWAY IS OUT!

Flea seemed to take the punch and remained rooted in place! (OOC Kinetic absorption took it)

Even Flea wasn't stupid enough to goad a man with reflexes far faster than his own! He did seem incensed that the attractive TV Personality/Heroine Castaway got clobbered though!

OOC Frostbite is up. The storm has passed completely with the winds dying down suddenly, the rain stopping and the temperature rising. Frosty only got a short duration on it but at the moment...

ATOMICA was possessed now DOWN
SHAMROCK injured and out of the fight for now!
CASTAWAY on ZERO BODY /OUT and Danger Sense burned out for one hour
SUN GIRL Energy Blast burned out!
SURGE on 1/8 Body!
BLOODHOUND ok
TIMMY JONES ok
FLEA ok
ZOO MASTER ok
FROSTBITE Adrenaline Surge is burned out otherwise ok

It's Frostys turn.

You have two Eurotrash Super Agents still flying about and Mamba stood near Castaway and Flea as targets. There are definitely more Eurotrash Supers here but they are the only two you can see from your vantage point in the air about a 1/4 mile from the farmhouse. The foul weather has dissipated as fast as it arrived, but did it's job! I'm surprised Atomica went down like that and it's purely down to dice rolls...Also not all of her abilities are available to the guy inside her. If they had been...?

Over to you.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 08 2020, 12:19

Admin wrote:ATOMICA was possessed now DOWN
SHAMROCK injured and out of the fight for now!
CASTAWAY on ZERO BODY /OUT and Danger Sense burned out for one hour
SUN GIRL Energy Blast burned out!
SURGE on 1/8 Body!
BLOODHOUND ok
TIMMY JONES ok
FLEA ok
ZOO MASTER ok
FROSTBITE Adrenaline Surge is burned out otherwise ok

It's Frostys turn.

You have two Eurotrash Super Agents still flying about and Mamba stood near Castaway and Flea as targets. There are definitely more Eurotrash Supers here but they are the only two you can see from your vantage point in the air about a 1/4 mile from the farmhouse. The foul weather has dissipated as fast as it arrived, but did it's job! I'm surprised Atomica went down like that and it's purely down to dice rolls...Also not all of her abilities are available to the guy inside her. If they had been...?

Over to you.[/i][/color]

OOC: Wow those dice swung our way at the right time, I am not sure that we are not going to need some extra operative help here though.

Shouting to the others, fully aware that Mamba would be aware, he said "Surge get to Castaway and keep her safe as you can. Flea if you can do anything do it, otherwise bring Atomica here, I don't want her blipping out on me again if she comes around."

Frostbite didn't have a chance of hitting Mamba, but if he could take out the other agents he might yet be able to soak the floor in ice and again take Mamba's advantage of speed away.

OOC: Ok going to use some die x2 to hit both of the fly born agents and going for the die to accuracy, and hope for a good lot of damage. If I can take them down or scare them off, I'll then coat the place in ice and see if we can set up something of a perimeter around us to give us breathing space to regroup.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 08 2020, 22:06

OOC FROSTBITE HP 45

Two dice on accuracy.

Energy Blast 14 + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,10,10,2,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:35 (49) vs
Dex 9 + Multi Attack 2 + acrobatics 2 dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 11,4,1,2,+0 Total:15 (26)

+7EV (to 21) vs RV 10 +2 (multi attack)= 9 damage apiece! Close, almost took both out!

Both men were sent spiralling through the sky, and as the other agent, decided discretion was the better part of valour!

OOC Initiative time...11,9,5,7,4,11,4,7

Frostbite 25 + 11 (36)
Flea 30 + 9 (39)
Surge 18+ 5 (23)
Zoo Master (as an eagle) 20 (dex 10) + 7 (27)
Sun Girl 18 + 4 (22)
Bloodhound 30+ 11 (41)
Timmy Jones 21 + 4 (25)
Mamba 30 + 7 (37)
Eurotrash super agents trying to leave! 17 (go last)

Bloodhound, drenched wet through (like everyone else) snarled and leapt at the speedster! Flea wasn't far behind him, desperate to land another punch!

OOC Bloodhound Dex 11 + Martial Artist 3 extra dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 1,9,7,12,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:26 (37) vs
Mamba Dex 20 + three extra dice (acrobatics) + Roll(5d12)+0: 10,7,5,12,3,+0 Total:22 (42) ATTACK MISSED!

Flea Adren Surge 18 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,11,+0 Total:17 (35) vs Str 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (19)
+6 EV (to 24) vs Str 5= 19 RAPs (str to 24)

Dex 14 + two extra dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,9,10,6,+0 Total:22 (36) vs
Dex 20 + three dice (acrobatics)-2 team attack + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,7,9,3,12,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,7,+0 Total:21 (41) ATTACK MISSED

Both combatants, despite superhuman agility and reflexes, punched air as Mamba made it look easy by avoiding their blows!

In turn, Mamba tried to hammer Bloodhound into the floor with hundreds of multiple blows!

OOC CRIT BLOW Mamba Dex 20 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (31) vs
Dex 11 + 4 crit blow + Roll(2d12)+0: Total:15 (26)

+3 EV (to 10) vs RV 11 -6 (crit blow)= 5 damage!

Bloodhound takes a pounding and staggers as his face is bloodied by the speedster who doesn't seem too bothered about the fact he is completely surrounded and outnumbered!

Frostbite knew that Mamba was too fast to go one on one but this was ridiculous! The two best hand to hand fighters in this group were being made to look like chumps!

OOC Frostys turn... Every extra attacker gets a small bonus against the dodging speedster so whoever attacks last gets the biggest bonus!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 09 2020, 12:51

Admin wrote:OOC Frostys turn... Every extra attacker gets a small bonus against the dodging speedster so whoever attacks last gets the biggest bonus!

Taking aim, Frostbite covered the ground with super cool, super slippery ice shouting as he did, "When the ice does its thing, then strike."

He knew that once again he was making himself a sitting duck if Mamba chose to go for him, but then that was what teamwork was about. If he went down the others would have to take the strain, but if Mamba didn't go down, they'd all suffer for it.

OOC: Ok super coat the floor as best I can, I want to stop this slippery eel, but making everything he touches super slippery and give someone else the chance to put him down good and proper.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 09 2020, 21:44

Frostbite fired ice and slippery snow onto the floor below, covering a steadily growing area with each passing moment!

Mamba looked up "You again?" he asked, before snarling. "No! I'm not running again! There's no way ANY of you are fast enough to hit me and all I have to do is hold you till the rest of EUROTRASH get here then...? Then we'll see who the tough guys in you lot REALLY are!"

With his current reduced power levels Frostbite couldn't only produce a certain amount of ice to be pumped out. He hoped his ability to boost his powers would come back soon! (OOC it takes an hour and that should very nearly be up, what with the travel and the to/fro you had to go through to get here... In fact...

Body 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:7 (18) vs
OV 0 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 (5)

+5EV to 16 vs RV 0=16 RAPs. Powers are restored.

Sun Girl passes the same test (roll of 23 vs 19)

NEXT ROUND EVERYONE HAS RECOVERED THEIR LOST ABILITIES).

Frostbite felt a tingling sensation and knew he only had to wait a few moments then he could kick his abilities into overdrive! The question was... could they last that long against this deadly speedster? He continued to pour the ice onto the floor and knew he would be able to discourage the speedster from wherever he fired.

Surge grows to his maximum size again and slams a fist down at Mamba. The speedster laughs "You again? Big boy, ain't nothing you can do to hit me... whereas I can... AND WILL hit you!"

OOC Surge Dex 8 + martial arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,9,7,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,8,+0 Total:29 (37) vs
Mamba Dex 20 + team attack -4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,5,+0 Total:8 (24) Ooooh!

+5 EV (to 21) vs RV 6 = 15 RAPs. MAMBA IS DOWN AND OUT! Shock result!

With a huge fist SLAMMING down on top of Mamba Frostbite blinks. What...?

Surge lifted his fist, expecting to find encrusted mud, some ice and sodden heather stuck to it. Instead, there was a crater and embedded in the mud in the bottom was... MAMBA!

"Wha...?" Surge looked about, then met eyes with Frostbite. "I... I did it! I beat him! I BEAT HIM!!!" he rose to his full height and punched the air!

Timmy strode over and knelt next to the villain. "Remarkable. His heartrate is strong and he may have some kind of fast recovery ability, but it appears that Surge did in fact beat him." he turned to Frostbite in the air. "Do we attack the farmhouse now?"

Sun Girl swooped to talk to Frostbite, floating in the air near him. "My powers are returning! I'm ready for a fight!" she said, looking determined.

Zoo Master soared about in Eagle form "Kevin did it! I never would have... Say the word Frostbite and I'll change into an Elephant and smash through that farmhouse!"

Frostbite glanced at the farmhouse and knew that in there and the outlying buildings were more of the Eurotrash supervillains. They were determined to hang onto their precious prize and things would get nasty! Bloodhound was injured, two of the UKChampions were out of the fight and his team were mostly untried...

Untried, but so far holding their own! Flea could punch WELL above his weight, Surge had gotten revenge against Mamba and they'd driven off several of the rank and file Eurotrash super agents. That Martian had been tough but he'd not lasted long against a combined team effort... could Frostbite take this ragtag team and get them to defeat the bad guys in there and retrieve the Uranium?

He looked at where Mamba lay and formed a four walled prison of sorts around him. It wouldn't last long but meant anyone who wanted to rescue Mamba would have to break through the ice. He could assign one of his team to watch over Castaway and Mamba, but that would mean weakening his team. he looked back at Mamba and his heart lifted. The Speedster was down! Suddenly things didn't seem so tough!

OOC uh heh, right...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 10 2020, 19:32

Admin wrote:He looked at where Mamba lay and formed a four walled prison of sorts around him. It wouldn't last long but meant anyone who wanted to rescue Mamba would have to break through the ice. He could assign one of his team to watch over Castaway and Mamba, but that would mean weakening his team. he looked back at Mamba and his heart lifted. The Speedster was down! Suddenly things didn't seem so tough! OOC uh heh, right...

Frostbite took in the scene, they had the upper hand, but just by the skin of their teeth. To retreat now would surely mean to lose sight of the Uranium and Eurotrash. Turning to the others he spoke quickly, time after all was of the essence.

"We know that they have someone who can take over minds, Atomica was headstrong but clearly fell for this guy, he might well be our first target. If we're to get through this, Surge, you did good but you are battered and bruised and I don't want you going big unless it can be helped. So take up the rear, Tim and I will take point and Zoo Master your scout, Flea, stay with Sun Girl when we get in, cover each other as best you can. Zoom Master, I need to know what traps and tricks lie between here and the house, the rest of you that can fly..." and looking that the Flea, "...leap, get over their so that we can avoid anything ground wise. I want to come in from above...we good to go?"

And with that Frostbite rose up carrying Tim, and telling Flea to carry Surge, and Sun Girl to tag along.

OOC: Ok I am hoping that we either drop Surge full-grown from a great height on the roof or more subtly, we go in through an upstairs somewhere, depending on what is available, if its just windows I suggest we take a side each and fly in through the windows...But I'm waiting on Zoo Master to clue us in on traps and tricks before we do anything without looking first. Once we're in I want to deploy Frostbot to take on their machinery and turn it against them.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 11 2020, 10:48

"One moment." offered Timmy. "I analysed the attack that Surge made on Mamba. In none of my internalised computer projections should Surge have been able to strike Mamba."

"Hey! That was the greatest punch I ever threw!" snarled Surge, striding over.

Flea didn't help. "To be fair, robot guy is right. To me it's like you're wading through a swamp every time you move. And Mamba makes me look and feel slow. Bloodhound is on a par with me and we both 'swished' air. No way you could hit that dude on your own, pal. He just... didn't seem to dodge like he did with the rest of us."

Bloodhound moved over. "The boy is right. Something... or some one distracted Mamba sufficiently that he didn't apply his usual - infuriating - ability to completely avoid blows. He is one of the fastest individuals on record. Your ability to grow should not have been a factor in his defeat." growled the surly hero.

Surge frowned but rubbed his head. "I guess you're right. I must admit when he mopped the floor with me last time I never got near to laying a hand on him. He just pounded me relentlessly."

Sun Girl piped up. "So what does it mean? We have someone on our side, watching out for us? Who? Where?"

Zoo Master offered "I'll get in there and have a look, then get back here to report. Might be a few minutes."

"Minutes I could use to recover." said Bloodhound. Already his bruises were less 'angry' looking.

Timmy looked at the distant farmhouse. "By now they must know they are surrounded and up against it. With Martian Warlord and Mamba down and a number of their empowered super agents either down or having fled the scene, they may be getting desperate. A few more minutes and my plastic 'eyes and ears' will be in position."

Flea piped up "I get that people wanna rest up but the more time we give the goons in there the more time they'll have to hatch whatever plan is up their sleeve! If this stuff they have is being 'held' here... for who.. or what is it being held for? What happens when someone comes to collect it? We might miss our chance to nab 'em?"

Frostbite could see both points of views but the decision was his to make...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Apr 11 2020, 13:49

Admin wrote:Flea piped up "I get that people wanna rest up but the more time we give the goons in there the more time they'll have to hatch whatever plan is up their sleeve! If this stuff they have is being 'held' here... for who.. or what is it being held for? What happens when someone comes to collect it? We might miss our chance to nab 'em?"

Frostbite could see both points of views but the decision was his to make...

It chaffed to watch and wait, but without intel, there going in and their partial victory could be for nothing. Besides, it intrigued him that they seemed to have an invisible assistant, someone who aided them against Mamba in some way. He filed that away for a moment, indicating to the others that they waited no intel lead to bad plans and that wasn't a play he wanted to make. He then countered, "However long you think you need, half it and put a fire in the tank...this isn't time for sightseeing...go!"

And with that he let the others gather themselves, as he too waited for news as to what they faced, knowing as does any man who has the weight of leading others that every decision no matter how carefully weighed is always waiting to be tested by the actual moment it comes into play.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 11 2020, 18:51

Zoo Master shot off as a hare, vanishing into the heather whilst Timmy had commanded his plastic army to surround and infiltrate the house minutes ago.

Both would need time and Frostbite gathered his thoughts as Bloodhound went off to heal, sat on a rock. Surge slumped to the floor a little deflated to know that his greatest moment as a superhero had been aided by someone or something they'd not yet encountered. Surprisingly it was Flea that sat down next to him.

"Hey there big guy!" said the youngster.

"**** off kid."

Flea started to get up then Surge said "Wait. Sorry. Sorry. It's just..."

"I know pal. Thing is, you were there at the right place at the right time and I saw that punch. I don't think I could have dodged it! You really smushed that guy into the floor and I'm glad - he was making me look bad!" the boy gave an infectious grin that even made Surge shake his head and laugh. "Kid, I'm just glad we're on the same side! You whacked the Martian so hard I thought he'd be sent straight home!"

Frostbite wandered away from them as they laughed and chuckled. Sun Girl walked over "Sorry I was AWOL. I could maybe have tagged him with a flash beam or... well, I'm just not in his, or your league. I'll try better."

"My first scouts are at the farmhouse." said Timmy as he strode over, 7' height towering over all present. "There are four of the super agents guarding outside. I am attempting to gain access via the cat flap, drains and back window, which is slightly ajar. I have seen Zoo Master arrive. He is currently a... ah. He has vanished. No. He is now an ant and was almost stepped on by a replica Han Solo in Bespin Cloud City attire. He is in."

Sun Girl gaped but Timmy added "Something is happening. A being all black. A believe it is a man, has stepped up to the window. No light can be emitted from his form."

Just then a squawk in Frostbites ear alerted him. "Frosty? It's Catherine. Long Range radar picked up SMITE incoming on attack choppers, about 10 minutes out. And something else. No idea what it is but it's high, quite large and supersonic. That will be there... within a minute. Possibly Eurotrash. I do have some guns on this thing. Want me to engage?"

Timmy spoke up. "The ant returned and spoke to a She Ra action figure. Very rare. It said a suitcase was being moved to the upper floor. Guarded by several supers in costume. Inside the house are... please hold I am counting... three Euro Trash Super Agents as well. SEVEN Eurotrash supers in the house. They sent quite a force. Somebody must really want that stuff badly that they are willing to pay these people to gather en masse."

"They are getting ready for extraction. One is standing off, slightly away. A young woman, early twenties. Quite lovely. She is ... not quite like the others. They are eager for a fight, she seems less so." explained Timmy. "Still, looks can be deceiving. I was never any good with women either."

Sun Girl did a double take at the tall cyborg and stifled a chuckle.

Still, the woman was a question mark. They were running out of time and Eurotrash were arranging extraction for its people. Was now the right time to move?

Bloodhound got up from where he was sat and gave a thumbs up. Flea got up and pulled a face as Surge groaned and got up with a stiff back, but gave a thumbs up for himself.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 12 2020, 13:47

Admin wrote:Still, the woman was a question mark. They were running out of time and Eurotrash were arranging extraction for its people. Was now the right time to move?

Bloodhound got up from where he was sat and gave a thumbs up. Flea got up and pulled a face as Surge groaned and got up with a stiff back, but gave a thumbs up for himself.

Gathering the others around, Frostbite appraised them on the intel, turning to Sun Girl he added. "The dark figure might be a good target for you, but be careful we don't want you getting into a togue of war with him. In any case, I want you to lead off, blinding flash is going to put the cat among the pigeons, Tim, you're on distraction, get as much noise and disruption going down stars, the rest of you we go in from above, fly or get a lift we go in from either side, Bloodhound, you, take Flea and Surge, Zoom Master, Sun Girl you together and I'll take Tim, we get the Uranium from them. We go, as soon a Sun Girl gets her chance she will use her light to blind, be aware than then take advantage of it. Anyone who can get the package away, do so, Smite are on their way in...but so is the Prof, to take delivery. And we know he comes armed to the teeth and doesn't play nice."

Getting them all ready, Frostbite then turns to Catherine, whom he has had on standby, "Cathering, hold back, we know if its Power he'll be armed to the teeth and I don't want you or that jet being taken down. We might need a pursuit vehicle if this goes south. So just make yourself scarce to him, that he know Smite is here but is coming anyway means he's either stupid or has an ace up the sleeve, I'm betting on the former."

Frostbite gave the signal and the group moved out...

OOC: SO in from above, Sun Girl blinds all and we attack just after Timmy gets his Toy army to cause as much havoc as he can downstairs.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 13 2020, 22:44

Sun Girl looked nervous but nodded. "Right, get in there, zap some eyeballs."

Timmy nodded. "My figures are in position."

The glowing woman took off, soaring up and towards the farmhouse, then down and towards the upper floor.

Bloodhound turned to Flea and Surge. "I'm in charge of you two. Surge, you're injured. Stay back and... FLEA!" he called out after the youngster leapt high and hard into the sky towards the farmhouse!

Bloodhound snarled then turned to Frostbite "It was a mistake bringing the boy!"

He starts running towards the Farmhouse, whilst Surge takes up the rear. At normal height he soon lags behind Bloodhound who hits nearly 200mph!

Timmy turns to Frostbite "He may have a point. He is impetuous, fearless and has little regard for the chain of command." He pauses and then tips his head slightly to one side. "He reminds me of... me... when I was younger." He clomps off and stares, concentrating on seeing through the eyes of his toys.

Frostbite flew up and towards the farmhouse. He couldn't see Flea, and knew the youngster would have covered the distance in one leap. Where he was now though... he certainly could be elusive when he wanted to!

Sun Girl levelled at a window and waited... then blasted!

OOC Targets are three Eurotrash Super Agents...

multi Attack on three targets... Flash 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:16 (31) vs
Dex 9 + Multi 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:11 (24)

+4 (to 19) vs 9= 10 RAPs. All three agents are on 0 Dex for 10 phases.

There is a bright FLASH and Sun Girl unleashes a blinding white light that hurts the eyes to look at more than half a mile away! Frostbite covers the ground in moments, noting that the others will be there in heartbeats after the head start they'd been given. Surge still wasn't grown but was close to the farm wall and hopped over it, running crouched and low.

"My toys have initiated 'operation chaos' " declared Timmy over the earpiece which crackled and would cut out very shortly. Out here the lack of telephone masts was a problem.

Frostbite soared up over the farmhouse knowing that all hell was about to break loose! Just then he saw a diminutive green clad figure hop through the window Sun Girl had just blasted through!

OOC Adren Surge 20 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,7,+0 Total:10 (30) vs Str 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,7,+0 Total:10 (15) EV+5 (to 23) vs Str 5 = 18 RAPs (Str 23)

Multi Attack CRIT BLOW Dex 14 + Martial Arts four dice + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,9,4,8,6,2,+0 Total:17 (31) vs
Dex 0 + 4 Crit Blow + Multi Attack 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,11,+0 Total:21 (29)

+2 EV (to 25) vs RV10 - 6 (crit blow) + Multi Attack 4 (RV8)= 17RAPs damage to each.

POCK! POCK! POCK!

Three prone forms dressed in black sailed out of the second storey window and thudded to the soft dirt of the farmyard. Flea leaned out of the window with a big grin and a thumbs up.

OOC Dex 16 + five martial artist dice + Roll(7d12)+0: 5,5,12,6,7,2,11,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,8,+0 Total:28 (44) vs

Dex 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,2,+0 Total:25 (39)

Hit +3 (to 19) vs RV 10=9 Damage. ABSORBED by Kinetic Absorption

Suddenly Flea flies forwards out of the window and tumbles in the air to land on his feet, shaking his head and looking up at the window where a figure in a dark grey all over suit without features leaned out and waved a hand with six inch long claws on each finger shouted "Hey kid. Come back. I'm gonna carve my name in your face!"

OOC Frostbite has one target in sight (the guy with the claws who just dumped Flea out of a window).

Sun Girl and Flea just took out three Eurotrash Super Agents.

Want to hang on before you attack to see who else appears or just get stuck into the guys with the claws?

Bloodhound is running to the lower floor of the farmhouse, Surge is not far behind. Zoo Master is nowhere to be seen but presumably in the house. Timmy is controlling his action figures.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 14 2020, 12:03

Admin wrote:Want to hang on before you attack to see who else appears or just get stuck into the guys with the claws?

Bloodhound is running to the lower floor of the farmhouse, Surge is not far behind. Zoo Master is nowhere to be seen but presumably in the house. Timmy is controlling his action figures. [/i][/color]

Frostbite took this moment to unleash his own form of chaos as he blasted at the man, or whatever he appeared to be, leaning out the window. This wasn't a time for valour in the usual sense and so he took the opportunity afforded him to get the opp done and done fast. He was heartened by the way the team had risen to the challenge, but they were largely untested, down in number and desperate to end this before Power got here with his floating arsenal of weapons.

OOC: Ok so Frostfire or whatever we call my energy beam of cold, to the grey-clad figure and depending on how that goes flying into that floor to take it home personally. If I don't tag him well, I may remain out, his blow to Flea on me would not be good. So won't rush in unless I get him and good.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 14 2020, 12:47

OOC I assume Frostbite is about 100' away?

I'm removing the restriction on Adrenaline Surge from Frostbite. He never got points for capping his abilities but I needed it at the time as a wild roll could really boost his abilities to sky high levels. Now with the opposed rolls we use there's every chance that could happen... or might not if the results swing against him. The burnout stays in place though as does the inflicting of damage equal to the roll of the failed adrenaline surge.

Adrenaline Surge basically boosts his powers for one round. He can boost one, or several but several at a time get less of a boost and is harder to do.  As it is, try to boost energy blast...

Adren Surge 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:8 (23) vs
Energy Blast 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:17 (31) NO EFFECT

Energy Blast 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (32) vs
Dex 16 + range 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:34 (54) MISSED (well wide)

Frostbite blasts at the target only for the dark grey clad villain to dance aside nimbly!

"He moves even faster'n I do." muttered Flea.

"Better believe it kid!" laughs the villain. "HEAD'S UP! THE ***HOLES ARE HERE AN' OUR RIDE IS NOT FAR BEHIND! WE NEED TA KEEP EM BUSY! MOVE YOUR BUTTS EARN THAT DOUGH!" shouts the dark grey clad villain.

Surge GREW to nearly fifty feet high, towering over the house and reaching for the roof!

Bloodhound snarled as he ran past Flea. "Boy, when I give an order you better FOLLOW IT!" and he leapt through the open window of the second floor to attack the grey clad villain!

OOC CRIT BLOW Dex 11 + three dice Martial Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 12,6,8,7,4,+0 Total:20 (31) vs
Dex 16 + crit blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:10 (30)

Hit (just) +1 EV (to 14) vs RV 10 - 6 (4RV)= 10 RAPs. Ultimate Fighter is DOWN. For now.

Bloodhound popped his head out. "I took this guy out but I don't know..."

Projectile Weapons 25 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:7 (nearly burned out with a 4) (32) vs
Bloodhound Dex 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 (22)

+4 EV (to 29) vs RV 11= 18 damage. BLOODHOUND IS OUT!

Surge grips and tears off the main part of the farmhouse roof with huge hands and Frostbite looks on to see the prone forms of the villain in dark grey (who no longer has claws, strangely) and another man in jeans/t shirt/scruffy jacket/unkempt hair and smoking who is stood over the prone form of Bloodhound!

Roof fragments fall like rain along with the snapping/crunching sound of wood and tiles tumbling everywhere!

Other villains are exposed.

OOC I'm just gonna name em rather than describe. GG is Good Guy

Bomburst is stood over the prone forms of Bloodhound GG(down) and Ultimate Fighter (Down).

In the next room/landing area at the top of the stairs (seeing as the roof and loft are torn off) Frostbite sees Brainburn, Dagger, Nightstar, Haywire (the woman Timmy described) and Possessor, who has the case containing the Uranium presumably. There are also two Eurotrash Super Agents and the floor is positively crawling with plastic action figures!

The villains look up and Frostbite knows he's in for one heck of a battle!

OOC ok, with initiative things will get messy so I will instead roll three dice for each side and pick the middle one then apply it to each heroes initiative score.

Heroes Roll(3d12)+0: 7,3,10,+0

Villains Roll(3d12)+0: 5,2,9,+0

Here we go...

HEROES +7 to scores shown

Atomica (Down at moment) 32
Flea 30
Bloodhound (Down at moment) 30
Frostbite 25
Shamrock (Down at moment) 22
Timmy Jones 21
Castaway (Down at moment) 19
Surge (Body 1/8) 18
Sun Girl 18
Zoo Master (currently an insect Dex 8 Shrinking 17 Cockroach type) 18

VILLAINS +5 to scores shown

Ultimate Fighter (Down at moment) 34
Bomburst 30
Haywire 26
Dagger 25
Brainburn 23
Nightstar (he's the all black can't see anything about him guy like a living shadow) 19
Eurotrash Super Agent #1 17
Eurotrash Super Agent #2 17
Possessor 14

I have it as:

Flea
Bomburst
Frostbite
Haywire
Dagger
Brainburn/Timmy
Surge/Sun Girl/Zoo Master
Nightstar
Super Agents
Possessor (watch out for him!!!!)

Think that's everyone?

Flea yells "BOSS! TARGET, QUICK!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 14 2020, 13:08

Admin wrote:Flea yells "BOSS! TARGET, QUICK!"

OOC: Wow this is like Crisis on infinite earth's battle size, this is going to get mad

It tore at Frostbite but he had to get the Uranium, "Surge take care of Bloodhound, Flea with me, we've got to get that Uranium..."

And with that Frostbite shot down to take aim at the targets around Possessor.

OOC: Ok going for a shot at Possessor unless the others are relatively close and will hit them. I think its got to be Devastating attack and I will buy two extra dice please to make sure I hit. And go for my energy blast. And I will go for Adrenalin surge again to boost my attack as well - please.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 14 2020, 15:01

Possessor shouted out "Protect the package!"

Flea hops about, bouncing like his legs were made of springs. "Package? Wait, you got somethin' interestin' there? Mind if I take a look?"

OOC Pushing +8/-12 Adrenaline Surge 18 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (31) vs
Str 5 + 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:15 (28)

+2EV (to 20) vs RV 5 - 12 (+7 total)=27RAPs. Str boosted to 32.

On the way he hopped, bounced, spun and twirled to dish out a kick here, a punch there to bad guys as he went!

OOC Multi Attack on Haywire, Bomburst, Nightstar and Possessor. If it hits, it might take all of them out. If it misses.. well...

Dex 14 + two martial arts dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,8,10,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:33 (47) vs
Highest OV 11+ three Acrobatics dice + multi attack 4 + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,7,6,7,2,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:19 (34)

+5 EV (to 37) vs Highest RV 15 +4 (Multi attack)= 18 RAPs.

"OOPS!" THWACK! "SORRY!" KICK! "COMIN' THROUGH!" PUNCH! "ARGGH MY BAD!" SMACK!

Flea leapt and bounced like a mad thing, flinging kicks, punches, spinning and chopping, even delivering a head butt to Bomburst!

He caught the 'package' as Possessor went flying and turned to wave it at Frostbite. "BOSS! HERE!" he said with a grin.

Frostbite blinked.

Bomburst, Possessor, Haywire and Nightstar were all laid out, unconscious! He winced at the young lady having taken a hit but standing with these villains had set her stall out. He didn't know any of them - maybe that was the one who'd taken over Atomica's mind? Who knew? All Frostbite knew was that the young loudmouth had, in one move, taken out half of the villains!

"BOSS! THE CASE I... I... I don't feel so good." spluttered Flea, before he keeled over and threw up! The case falls from nerveless fingers and the youngster stays stood up only on wobbly legs!

OOC FLEA suffers -4 on every attribute, power and skill. Current stats:

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Flea-reduced-so-far

Frostbite looked at the case, then his young team mate. He could see the villains were moving, and one in particular spread his fingers, revealing them to be razor sharp extending claws!

"The boy is MINE!" snarled Dagger!

Brainburn shouted "The case! I'll take their leader out!"

OOC Before any of that happens, Frostbite goes first.

Adren Surge 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (29) vs
Energy Blast 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21(35)

NO EFFECT on Energy Blast

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 14 2020, 21:40

Admin wrote:Adren Surge 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (29) vs
Energy Blast 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21(35)

NO EFFECT on Energy Blast[/i][/color]

"Flea get out...retreat right now is the better part of this fight. I've got the package lets to get this away from here."

With that Frostbite arose as fast as the flight would take him. Right now getting this away from the target was the fastest way to ensure that the villains focused on him and not on the fallen. He quickly messages Surge to get Bloodhound, and Flea to retreat, signalling the rest he told them, to expect trouble.

A quick call through to Dawson followed so that Frostbite could tell him what to expect and that Prof Power had another craft heading in. Meanwhile, Frostbite arose and sought to fly to where the others were recovering signally Catherine to bring in the craft so they could get the package away to safety.

OOC: Get out with the package, get everyone else out and hope they've not got any ultra-fast flyers who can get us before I can get this away safely. And have to say Flea...wow that guy might be a walking disaster but when it comes together - it really comes together.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 15 2020, 09:38

Frostbite swooped in and grabbed the package from Flea's outstretched trembling hands and saw the youngster sag onto his backside!

"Flea get out...retreat right now is the better part of this fight. I've got the package lets to get this away from here." shouted Frostbite.

"Yup... just need... to catch my... breath..." replied the youngster who wobbled about and didn't seem quite sure where he was!

Frostbite soared off!

He glanced behind, yelling at Surge to get Bloodhound, and saw a dark clad villain with huge claws on the end of his fingers move in on Flea!

OOC Dagger Attacks Flea!

Dex 13 + FIVE extra martial arts dice + Roll(7d12)+0: 8,12,1,10,10,2,4,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:31 (44) vs
Flea Dex 10 + two acrobatics dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,12,11,8,+0 Total:23 (33)

+5 EV (to 21) vs RV 6=15 Damage, overloading his kinetic absorption and rendering Flea completely unconscious!

With a vicious swiped on Flea's chest the villain sends the youngster flying! A heartbeat later the villain is holding the youngsters head up by antennae on his costume and holding claws to his exposed neck!

"Yo! Get that case back here NOW! Or the kid dies!" shouted Dagger.

Frostbite is distant and hears the cry but knows there is a bigger picture. Can he leave the boy to be casually slain, however?

Just then Frostbite himself comes under attack!

OOC Brainburn attacks Frostbite at 5APs range...

Mind Blast 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:16 (31) vs
Frostbite Int 8 + range 5 +  Roll(2d12)+0: 3,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:14 (27)

+3 EV (to 18) vs RV 8 = 10 MIND damage. Frostbite is STUNNED and MUST absorb at least 3 points of damage to stay conscious! He cannot attack or* add dice from skills in the next round.

Frostbite HP 45

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #8  - Home at last... but what is home? - Page 5 Last-ditch

A clomping Cyborg jogged over to where Brainburn was stood with fingers at his temples.

"You have attacked my leader and my friend." declared Timmy Jones, Cyborg. "The one man who believed in me and gave me a second chance that I did not deserve. There will be retribution." He strode up and towered over the mentalist.

"You don't scare me, robot! My forcefield will protect me! You'll be reduced to scrap in no time! Get him lads! Lads?" spluttered Brainburn

OOC Flash 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,1,+0 Total:12 (22) vs
Dex 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,1,+0 Total:4 (10)

+5 EV (to 15) vs RV 6=9 RAPs. Brainburn has Dex 0 for 9 phases!

"ARRRRGGGH! MY EYES! GET HIM! GET... THE ROBOT!" screamed Brainburn.

The giant Surge towered over the battlefield and looked hesitant. He glanced at Frostbite then Flea, but stuck to his ordered task and yelled "I'm coming back for you Flea!" as he scooped up Bloodhound from the smashed farmhouse and started to run off towards a place of safety.

Sun Girl soared over the battlefield and targeted Dagger who held the limp form of Flea with claws at his throat. "What are you gonna do girl? If you miss, you hit your friend!"

Sun Girl responded by swooping in and thrusting out a hand to blind Dagger! "Then I won't miss." she declared.

OOC Or trying to.

Flash 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:17 (32) vs
Dex 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:17 (30)

+2 EV (to 17) vs RV13=4 RAPs

Daggers Dex is reduced to 9 for 4 phases

"Arrrrgh! My eyes! Get the woman! You'll pay for that! I can still see you! NO ONE harms DAGGER and gets away with it! I'm going to carve you up!" bellowed the villain who stumbled slightly but still held the unconscious Flea up.

Suddenly an elephant appeared behind the blinded Brainburn and trumpeted his rage to the sky! Then it spoke! "I may only turn into animals and be pretty useless but you'll pay for zapping the boss!"

OOC Zoo Master  as an Elephant (Dex 3 Str 7 body 7 upgraded to Dex 6 Str 14 Body 7) DEV ATTACK

Dex 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,12,+0 Total:15 (21) vs
Dex 0 + surprise attack -4 + blindside -2 + dev attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (9)

+5 (to 19 str) vs 16 - 12 (RV4)=15 Damage. BRAINBURN IS DOWN AND OUT!

THWACK! The limp form of the blinded Brainburn flies through the air as an elephant appears from nowhere and SMACKS with his trunk!

"And stay down!" muttered the Elephant.

Dagger looks about. "HEY! AGENTS! GET THAT DAMN CASE!"

The Eurotrash agents looked extremely uncertain and muttered amongst themselves then flew up into the air and over to Frostbite, delivering blow after blow to the stunned hero!

OOC Team attack on Frosty by two of them. CRIT BLOW

ENERGY BLAST 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,7,+0 Total:17 (30) vs
Frostbite Dex 9 + Fluid Form 3 - Team Attack 2 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,6,+0 Total:14 (28)

HIT +2 EV (to 15) vs RV 14 - 6 (crit blow RV8)=7 Damage. FROSTBITE reduced to 4/11 BODY

ENERGY BLAST 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:10 (23) vs
Frostbite Dex 9 + Fluid Form 3 - Team Attack 2 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (21)

HIT +2 EV (to 15) vs RV 14 - 6 (crit blow RV8)=7 Damage. FROSTBITE reduced to 0/11 BODY

I would recommend absorbing 3 damage from the MIND attack, take the second attack and absorb 4 points from the third attack to leave Frostbite on 1 MIND and 1 BODY at a total cost of 16 HP (leaving him on 29HP). That saves 2HP overall.

Once you confirm that (or decide something else) I'll update and roll initiative for whoever is left (not many). I need to check on who has regeneration too as that may well have a HUGE impact on what happens in the next few rounds...

Frostbite reels! He's been brain blasted now he's been zapped by two flying opponents and he's still stunned, fighting to keep his thoughts clear and stay aloft! His team mates were winning the war - just - but he knew it could turn at any time and if the Professors' gunship turned up... that could flip the battle on its head and leave his team mates not just down, but possibly out - permanently!

*no skill dice is a new thing and applies to ALL stunned characters as stunning is supposed to be a bad, debilitating thing! Not business as usual!

PHEW! That took an hour to type up hopefully it posts ok!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 15 2020, 09:47

OOC Note to self. ULTIMATE FIGHTER has recovered (Regeneration).

So has ATOMICA (Regeneration)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 15 2020, 12:06

Admin wrote:I would recommend absorbing 3 damage from the MIND attack, take the second attack and absorb 4 points from the third attack to leave Frostbite on 1 MIND and 1 BODY at a total cost of 16 HP (leaving him on 29HP). That saves 2HP overall.

PHEW! That took an hour to type up hopefully it posts ok![/i][/color]

OOC: Wow thank you reading doesn't convey how long it all took to work through. But I really appreciate that from the mechanic's side it's all a bit one-sided you rolling the die and all. But I'm so grateful, I'd not be able to keep up if there were any more to do, or not as much anyway.

Right yes absorb with the HP cost as you say, let's go for Initiative and see where we go. I obviously don't intend to leave Flea, but at this point, it seems Dagger has more to worry about, and with Atomica back up, maybe just maybe we can get another heavy hitter in to sort out the mess.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 16 2020, 10:03

OOC The remaining combatants are...(with initiative score listed and rolls/total initiative listed after)

May as well roll individual initiative:

Roll(6d12)+0:

Roll(4d12)+0:

HEROES:
Frostbite 25 (1 Body 1 Mind STUNNED this round) +1 (26)
Atomica 32 +7 (39)
Surge 18 (1 Body) +10 (28)
Zoo Master 16 (as elephant Dex 6) +6 (22)
Sun Girl 18 +8 (26)
Timmy Jones 23 (I statted him up properly. He costs a fortune but isn't powerful at all) +10 (33)

VILLAINS:
Ultimate Fighter 34 +12 (46)
Dagger 21 (Dex reduced to 9 for 3 rounds) +9 (30)
Super Agent #1 17 +7 (24)
Super Agent #2 17 +11 (28)

ALL OTHER COMBATANTS OUT FOR THE COUNT

With the herd thinned out (if Flea's roll to hit four of them had failed this fight would be a very different prospect. As it is it left him vulnerable to being taken out and currently Dagger holds him hostage).

Combat Order: (Red Guys are villains)
Ultimate Fighter
Atomica
Timmy Jones
Dagger
Super Agent #2 (higher dex than surge)
Surge
Sun Girl
Frostbite (stunned can't attack or use skills. Best to keep your head down!)
Super Agent #1
Zoo Master

Ultimate Fighter springs from where he'd lay after being taken out moments ago with no sign of injury or damage!

"Don't you fools know why I'm called 'ULTIMATE FIGHTER'? It's because I can't be beaten! EVER!" he laughs.

OOC Ultimate Fighter does a multi attack (as Flea did) on:

Surge
Timmy Jones
Zoo Master

CRIT BLOW MULTI ATTACK Dex 16 + Martial Arts four dice + Roll(6d12)+0: 1,1,6,11,11,2,+0 Total:2 DOUBLE ONE FAILURE. So much for that.

Despite his boasting Ultimate Fighter stumbles, falls forward then rights himself as everyone else dances about feinting and swing at their foes! "Huh, must still be groggy." he mumbles.

A bright light in the sky announces Atomicas return to the fight!

"HOW DARE YOU TRICK ME AND TAKE COMMAND OF MY ROYAL PERSONAGE! FEEL THE WRATH... OF ATOMICA!"

OOC MULTI ATTACK on four opponents CRIT BLOW Energy Blast 24 + three extra dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,10,9,4,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:36 (60) vs
Highest OV20 + 4 Crit Blow + 4 Multi + two acrobatics dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,10,10,3,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,6,+0 Total:33 (61)

MISSED by 1.

Once more a potentially game changing combatant bites off more than they can chew and blasts about the battlefield narrowly missing Ultimate Fighter, Dagger and the two Eurotrash Agents!

Timmy Jones once again targets Dagger. "Let the boy go or suffer the consequences, Villain!"

"Who even talks like that any more?" laughs Dagger but he's clearly rattled and semi dazzled.

OOC Flash 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:10 (20) vs
Dex 9 + FIVE acrobatics dice + Roll(7d12)+0: 7,10,11,7,7,1,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total:37 (46) ATTACK MISSED

"Too slow tin man, and I'll make a point to carve you up slowly!" laughed Dagger.

He dumps Flea down unceremoniously and leaps at Timmy!

OOC But he's used all skill dice to defend, so...

Dex 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:20 (29) vs
Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:7 (15)

HIT +5 EV (to 21) vs RV 14=7 Damage. TIMMY IS REDUCED TO 2/9 BODY

"HAHAHA! Stupid robot! Even half blind I can beat you!" laughs Dagger.

Timmy reels from a series of strikes and a blue fluid leaks from his skin. He glances down at it and is made more aware than ever that he is not human!

Super Agent (2) tries to wrest the case from Frostbites' stunned hands!

OOC Frosty is in fluid form though he can't boost it with Adren Surge (stunned)

Dex 9 + Martial Arts 2 dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,5,12,10,+0 Total:22 (31) vs
Dex 9 + Fluid Form 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:14 (26)

HIT +3 EV (to 13) vs RV 14=NO DAMAGE

The hands of the agent grab for the case but 'swish' straight through Frostbites slushy body!

Surge leans over and tries to 'flick' the Super Agent away from 'the Boss'...

OOC Dex 8 + two dice MArts + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,11,11,7,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:39 (47) vs
Dex 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (27)

HIT +6 (to 22) vs RV10=12 Damage. EUROTRASH SUPER AGENT 2 IS DOWN AND OUT!

With a THWACK! the giant kneels down to 'flick' with an oversized finger at the Eurotrash agent who just attacked Frostbite! The Agent turns, gaping, and PINGS across the sky to crash into the heather some 150' away!

"Wow!" muttered Surge.

Sun Girl soars up just out of reach of Dagger and levels her arms at the villain!

OOC Flash 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,2,+0 Total:3 FAILURE. FLASH POWER BURNED OUT!

And nothing happens!

"Oh no! Not again!" she cries.

OOC Frostbite is up. He can't attack or make a 'dice action' (using his powers) but can use automatic powers like flight or the following:
Ice Production (to create ice/objects only)
Fluid Form (already used, recommend keeping this 'up')
Dispersal (less useful than fluid form - not recommended)
Density Increase (2 point increase in Str and Resistance value (toughness) but a 1 point drop in Dex)

He can be half a mile away with the case in the blink of an eye (well, four seconds) with Flight or stick around with his team...

Super Agent #1 intends to blast Frostbite (and finish him off) to nab the case from his prone form and Zoo Master intends to attack Dagger (good luck with that. Even boosted his Dex of 6 is no match for Daggers 9 + five dodging dice though he gets a -2OV bonus for a team attack). They act after Frosty. Phew! Please post... please post... please post (hate to lose all this!!!)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 16 2020, 12:13

Admin wrote:Super Agent #1 intends to blast Frostbite (and finish him off) to nab the case from his prone form and Zoo Master intends to attack Dagger (good luck with that. Even boosted his Dex of 6 is no match for Daggers 9 + five dodging dice though he gets a -2OV bonus for a team attack). They act after Frosty. Phew! Please post... please post... please post (hate to lose all this!!!)[/i][/color]

OOC: Had you ever thought that typing this up in a word document and cutting and pasting might be safer? I feel your pain, at least a little I always copy my text in case it doesn't post so I can have another go or past into a doc to keep a backup copy. Learned the hard way.

Frostbite couldn't cut and run on the team, instead, he called Catherine into his location, with her help maybe they might just limp through this. But he didn't like the way that the tide might have turned against the team if they didn't pull some extra trick out of the bag.

OOC: OK get Catherine here if I can pass on the Uranium package and get her away, at least it takes some of the incentives out of this fight to continue. And meanwhile use Ice production to create barriers or walls to stop the bad guys or at least offer some additional defence to our team

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 17 2020, 21:02

OOC I generally get so far in a post then copy and paste into a text document. I used to fanny about writing up in word but then need to add the bold and colour and italics stuff so it's just as quick typing it up and saving it but... I've done all that and pressed the wrong combination of keys to copy/paste and wiped the lot before. Get nervous during the combat posts because they are crunch heavy and I don't want to type it all up again!

FROSTBITE MIND 1/8 BODY 1/11 HP 29 STUNNED

"Get down here! I have the package!" screamed Frostbite into the comms.

"Roger that, Vanguard Flier inbound! ETA... imminent! Coming in HOT! Make sure there's space where you are!" replied the former hero turned pilot.

Through the canyons of the valley echoed a CRACK as a supersonic barrier was broken and Frostbite knew the VTOL craft would come screaming in. Catherine was a brilliant pilot but flying directly into a warzone would test even her abilities!

Knowing the Eurotrash Super Agent would be looking to nab the case and fly off, Frostbite threw his hand out and spun on the spot building up instant ice into a 7' high protective igloo dome made of solid ice around himself!

OOC He'd need Adrenaline Surge to boost Ice Production to a level where he could create enough ice to cover the others in a dome. When stunned he can use no dice actions or skills. That means attacks and many powers are out, but his current level of Ice Production is just fine for providing a 9AP barrier around himself. It won't stop the super agent but it might slow them down...

The Eurotrash agent moves in, puts a hand to the dome and lets rip with a blast!

OOC Energy Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,8,+0 Total:19 (32) vs
Ice Dome 9 +Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (32)

HIT +0 EV13 vs RV9=4 RAPs

The Agent doesn't smash all of the ice but has punched enough of a hole in it for some to fall away and provide no protection if he gets the drop of Frostbite again! ice is crumbling and falling away around him and Frostbite feels his senses clearing slightly.

Zoo Master (as an elephant) tries his best to attack Dagger but it's pretty much a hopeless case. The Villain is dazed but still more agile on a bad day than the untrained superhuman is on his BEST day! Still, he could get a lucky blow in...

OOC Dex 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,11,+0 Total:17 (23) vs
Dex 9 + team attack -2 + Roll(7d12)+0: 7,7,1,1,8,7,2,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:21 (28) ATTACK MISSED

... and today isn't his lucky day as the villain steps aside casually. "Fool! Do you not know when you are outmatched?" he asked.

OOC ROUND END and we're back to initiative...

Roll(6d12)+0:

HEROES:
Frostbite 25 (1 Body 1 Mind 29HP) +10 35
Atomica 32 +1 33
Surge 18 (1 Body) +6 24
Zoo Master 16 (as elephant Dex 6) +3 19
Sun Girl 18 (FLASH BURNED OUT) +3 21
Timmy Jones 23 (BODY 2/9) +12 35 (Frostbite higher dex goes first)

Roll(3d12)+0:

VILLAINS:
Ultimate Fighter 34 + 8 42
Dagger 21 (Dex reduced to 9 for 2 rounds) +3 24
Super Agent #1 17 +4 21

ORDER IS:

Ultimate Fighter
Frostbite
Timmy Jones
Atomica
Dagger (9 Dex)
Surge (8 Dex)
Super Agent (Dex 9)
Sun Girl (Dex 8)
Zoo Master

Ultimate Fighter snarls, glancing about. "Dammit we're thin on the ground! DAGGER forget the boy! GET THE CASE! THAT'S THE PRIORITY! THINK OF THE MONEY!"

The elite warrior, one of the most skilled hand to hand fighters in Europe, probably the world, takes one casual glance around the battlefield and his mind acts as one with his incredible reflexes. Even Lionheart would have to use superspeed to keep up with this guy, and even Lionheart didn't heal as fast as UF. he really was the Ultimate Opponent. Getting him down was hard enough. Keeping him down was nigh on impossible!

OOC Ultimate fighter sprints around the battlefield. While he doesn't move as fast as Lionheart or Miss Victory his reflexes are astonishing. Not only is he hard to hit he has staggering levels of skill that even Saladin would raise an eyebrow at in admiration. He attacks:

Zoo Master, Sun Girl, Surge, Timmy

Using four Martial Arts dice, CRIT BLOW
Dex 16 + Roll(6d12)+0:5,7,1,6,4,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,8,+0 Total:19 (35) vs
Highest OV 8 (Surge) + 1 die acrobatics + multi attack 4 + crit blow 4 + Roll(3d12)+0: 3,4,12,+0 Total:16 (32)

HIT +2 EV (to 18) vs Highest RV 16 (Surge) - 6 (crit blow) + 4 Multi (14RV)=4 damage apiece.

TIMMY GOES DOWN
SURGE GOES DOWN
ZOO MASTER takes 4 damage (Elephant Form 3/7 Body his natural form is on 4/8 Body)
SUN GIRL takes 4 damage and is on 2/6 BODY

Sprinting round the battlefield and thrusting out hands that move so fast they are effectively claws that can scythe through metal, Frostbite is alarmed to see Timmy crash face down in the heather, his action figures falling in their thousands wherever they are! Surge topples and half way through the fall reverts to a 6' odd man! The beleaguered hero leader winces as his former team mate crashes face first into the dirt causing a cloud of dust and heather spores to fly up!

Sun Girl had thought herself safe forty feet up in the air but Ultimate Fighter didn't break stride to leap into the air and deliver a thousand or so kicks to her glowing energy shield that battered her backwards slightly. She was still up but immediately aware just another strike would take her down!

Zoo Master wobbles on Elephant legs but is still game and stands his ground with Dagger, determined to distract him from killing Flea!

OOC ORDER CHANGE

Ultimate Fighter ACTED
Frostbite
Atomica
Dagger (9 Dex)
Super Agent (Dex 9)
Sun Girl (Dex 8) (On 2/6 Body)
Zoo Master (taken 4 damage on 3/7 Body currently or 4/8 in natural form)

Frostbite is UP. He can use Adrenaline Surge to boost one or more powers (more powers=harder and lesser of a boost) and knows Catherine is incoming. She will be arriving imminently in the 'Vanguard Flier'. Whether there are any heroes left standing at that time is debatable though.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 17 2020, 22:08

Admin wrote:Frostbite is UP. He can use Adrenaline Surge to boost one or more powers (more powers=harder and lesser of a boost) and knows Catherine is incoming. She will be arriving imminently in the 'Vanguard Flier'. Whether there are any heroes left standing at that time is debatable though. [/i][/color]

OOC: Lucky dice will only get you so far...just not sure what to do. I'm debating leaving because that way the incentive to stick around with Smite arriving imminently is massively reduced unless they can come after me, which draws them on me and the VTOL with Catherine in. But I don't want to cut and run on the others and they are killed or captured. Nah can't leave, but just not sure what to do to keep the package out of the villain's hands. Making a bit of a pig's ear of this, aren't we?

Frostbite concentrated hard, he had to work toward a plan that delayed them getting him and the others before Catherine got her with the Vanguard VTOL transport. He figured if the package was stored safely away there then it would be out of their reach.

OOC: Ok technical question can I adrenaline surge dispersal and disperse the case? If so will it be obvious as basically I'm thinking I'd buy time come down slowly, make like I have the dog with its tail between its legs etc...and then when they try to get the case then they realise they can't get me and would have bought the others time to get away so that we can still get the case to Catherine etc? The way I see if we've got to buy time and got to get the group away.

So it would be if I can disperse the case and myself, do so,
Then make like I clearly believe there is no point in fighting and surrender the case on the condition that the others are allowed to go free...
Then come down dispersed and attempt to hand over the case - perhaps at this point, I can fake surprise that has been somehow affected by the case what is in here etc...get away it's clearly lethal...you could all have it etc. And I try to get away myself...

It's a desperate plan for desperate circumstances. But Kattie Pryde doesn't look different when she phases or disperses I am wondering if I will etc. I might still be able to fake it if I am dispersed and do look different to act as if the case has done something to my powers, and fake scare them into not wanting to be ghost-like with me etc.

Anyway see what you think and we can go from what seems the most plausible scenario. I might not be around much tomorrow, so if not will post on Sunday.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next