The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2

Post  Admin Sun Dec 08 2019, 19:10

OOC before I update here can you check out the OOC section. I've cooked up a first draft of Steeplejack based on the Golden Heroes write up, which is pretty darn sparse with regards powers! I'll run through what I've come up with and we can work to tweak that and get Steeplejack going. In this reality assume he's somewhere in his forties and semi retired. See the background I came up with and feel free to scrap/amend/offer suggestions as you see fit (what I've put is only a suggestion and you can come up with any background you like, as well as amend strength, dexterity etc etc to suit).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2

Post  Admin Sun Dec 08 2019, 22:02

The Dragon Man dwarfed the Vanguardians even when it squatted.

With an iron hard claw it etched a pattern into the stone floor. The Wasp Woman tipped her head to one side and considered. "A ... map?"

The Dragon man nodded without looking at her and continued to draw. A X marked the spot of a large mountain. Lionheart glanced and saw it. A towering peak amongst other mountains all of which would dwarf Everest.

It was miles away, but to a man who could see 1000 miles away as if they were a quarter mile, it was very very close indeed.

And manned by Lava Men. Thousands of them.

They swarmed the mountain carry rocks of some kind between each other even as the snow fell. It must be incredibly cold there, and even as he watched Lionheart saw several Lava Men simply shatter! Their normally scorching hot skin cooled faster than it could hold heat, but they worked on nonetheless. An aperture like a mine entrance cut into the mountain side was tricky to see because of the snow but the Lava Men constantly worked, digging out the mountain innards like super miners.

The Dragon Man stood, towering, and pointed to the distant mountain. "Tester." it said, growling.

The Cloudman, in the form of swirling green gas, seemed to shudder.

Take the fight to the Tester? A being that could rule over an entire planet and beings that could smash the Earth is they were sent en mass against it?

"Skrrrrrrrzzzzz crckle..." went Frostbites earpiece. He looked up, and Lionheart pulled his own from his belt.

"... Skrrrrzzzzz.... Jarna here. I've been getting a transmission from Wandafar. Somehow he juryrigged some equipment and used natural resources from the planetoid. He's been watching what's happening down here... He says 'There's no place like home', whatever that means. I think it was a coded message, and must mean something."

Lionheart didn't have much of a clue what that meant.

Frostbite, however, was reminded of Lucy Merryweather, a pretty blonde he'd accompanied to a film that opened in August 1939... as Joe Hoskyn in a former life...

OOC Feel free to use the internet to pick up on whatever clues may have been dropped as to what's going on here...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 16 2019, 20:18

Admin wrote:Frostbite, however, was reminded of Lucy Merryweather, a pretty blonde he'd accompanied to a film that opened in August 1939... as Joe Hoskyn in a former life...

OOC Feel free to use the internet to pick up on whatever clues may have been dropped as to what's going on here...

OOC: Ugh sorry checked this section on a whim, didn't realise you posted I never got a notification which is unusual these days...

Frostbite mused, in what seemed a world away, Wizard of Oz, Wandafar must be referencing something he'd know well. That or he got bored and started replying old movies in his head, deprived of his beloved soaps. But Frostbite had to wonder...could it be that Wandafar and the others are in trouble?

Even if it was nothing more innocent than a courtesy call, it wouldn't hurt to patch up the shuttle and get a sitrep before embarking on looking into going into the monster's layer. Funny, Frostbite assumed the Tester went off-world, but somehow being here among the fights he so prized, made him think that an assault on his mountain might not be so suicidal if it could throw off the yoke of this oppressor.

Having thought through the options, Frostbite had a quick chat with Lionheart. "I want you to take the shuttle back to planetside, check-in with Wandafar and make sure everyone is safe. Meanwhile, I'll get things ready down here, study the schematic and see if we can't come up with a workable plan to get us into that mountain to make a house call." He added with a sly smile. "Don't worry..." he said to reassure Lionheart who looked a bit crestfallen at the thought of having to call in on Wandafar, "We'll wait for you, well as long as the Tester will allow us to. Keep an eye on us...you know what I mean?"

Frostbite knew of Lionheart's amazing senses, including sight, if he could peer down from within the stratosphere, he'd have a pretty good idea of what was going on. Unusually for Lionheart, whose amazing health was already kicking in to make him look hardly scratched, he nodded somewhat subdued.

Frostbite didn't much like it either. But the ship and the whole team had taken a pounding, they needed looking over. Moreover, if he left with them, there was no telling if this unlikely alliance might fly apart, someone had to stay, so let it be him. He thought.

OOC: Ok so Lionheart will fly back with the shuttle, check-in on Wandafar and then report back. The shuttle and crew can rejoin us later when the ship isn't so banged up. Hopefully, that will take care of things in the meantime....

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 17 2019, 09:11

Lionheart, ever the dutiful soldier, gave a nod, tapped his earpiece as if to say 'I'm only a call away'.

With that he took off and headed to where the shuttle was flying up towards space. Slowly. Well, relatively slowly given Lionhearts speed, which he poured on and caught up to the shuttle. With a call he had them pop the rear hatch and entered. Everyone was in their space/environment suits and Jarna was busy patching up holes in the shuttles skin. She breathed a sigh of relief and put the welding torch down. "Phew. I think we've made it tight but we really need a boost into space. Time to flex your muscles Lionheart!"

Moments later with everyone suited and booted Lionheart flew underneath the shuttle and, having juggled his power levels to boost flight and strength (OOC A few points to each will see Lionheart able to carry the Shuttle easily and achieve escape velocity, which is 15APs speed if I recall. His 'normal' flight is 14APs which is Mach 16 if, again, I recall. Fast.) the Shuttle is soon in the void and speeding up towards the planetoid. Taking it steady, so as not to tear the shuttle apart! It really had been battered, from the attacks on it and the acid rain that weakened the metal and the joins.

It would be a short while (half an hour or so) at reduced, respectful speed to get the shuttle back to the Planetoid. Lionheart healed up whilst he tried not to inflict further damage on the shuttle. The planetoid was a distant dot but getting steadily closer.

=========

Frostbite could feel his own body healing but he'd taken a battering. It might be a few minutes before his head cleared!

The Wasp woman stayed whilst the rest of her people headed back to the nest.

"You and your companions are truly amazing. NONE have withstood the Testers power as you have. We submit to your will, in the hope that you can lead us to be free of this constant cycle of battle and testing. My people have changed so much in a short time, but we find the changes slowing and even the addition of this weapon cannot allow us to stand against the new races that come here. If you are arrayed against us, we would be wiped out. Do you plan to resist the Tester, as we hope, or are you here to destroy us, like the other races?"

The Dragon Man came over, towering over the pair of them. It ignored that the weapon was pointed at it.

OOC Dragon Man tries to use Comprehend Languages to understand English.

Com. Lang 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (23) vs
Alien Language (English) 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,2,+0 Total: 18

Success +3 EV (to 14) vs RV 12 = 2 RAPs. Success.

Suddenly the Dragon Man speaks English, surprising Frostbite!

"We are no longer the ... Apex... predators on this planet. We acknowledge you are greater, but to follow you instead of the Tester we must see a conclusive battle resulting in the fall of the Tester. I shall give tribute to you by serving as go between to my people and yourselves, if you will have me. I am Arkraz, third warrior of 99. I was champion of my section, but you have defeated my people." he growled. He looked at Frostbite then all of a sudden morphed his form into an 8' tall blue man with a glowing chestplate! He looked like a naked (without any dangly bits!) version of Frostbite but was 8' tall!

"If this is acceptable I shall wear this form as Tribute." Arkraz said. "I cannot shrink any lower to your size. I am already shrunk smaller than my natural, native size. The Tester ordered our people to wear smaller forms because we were inferior to them. Even now they will watch us, and doubtless take action. However, you have shown the way. Will you lead us against the Tester?"

OOC Think Dr Manhattan without genitals.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2 - Page 4 Dragon-man
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 17 2019, 18:39

Admin wrote:Lionheart'

It would be a short while (half an hour or so) at reduced, respectful speed to get the shuttle back to the Planetoid. Lionheart healed up whilst he tried not to inflict further damage on the shuttle. The planetoid was a distant dot but getting steadily closer.

As the shuttle was making good time, Lionheart took the opportunity to scan the area and "their planet", knowing that caution was ever the watchword in unfamiliar space.

=========

Admin wrote:Frostbite!

"If this is acceptable I shall wear this form as Tribute," Arkraz said. "I cannot shrink any lower to your size. I am already shrunk smaller than my natural, native size. The Tester ordered our people to wear smaller forms because we were inferior to them. Even now they will watch us and doubtless take action. However, you have shown the way. Will you lead us against the Tester?"

Frostbite nodded, impressed with the speed Arkraz adapted, had not this day gone their way Frostbite had to wonder what would their fate be now?

Putting the thought aside, as he didn't have time for needless speculation, he spoke for the first time since Arkraz astounding transformation. "Well I approve of your colour scheme." Frostbite said a slight trace of a smile, but nothing flippant. "I am honoured to serve with you and yes to answer your question, we cannot leave things to stand as they are. We are going to take this fight to the Tester, and test him. What we warned him of, we have to now stand by if we are to either turn him back or and those he represents and free you all from this cycle of needless death. Serving here or elsewhere subjugating who knows what for who knows why. A life well spent, serving a righteous purpose and dying in that cause is a life well spent, this is beneath you all. And makes you mere pawns and slaves to their whims. We cannot have it so. We need any intelligence, and any allies we forge with us into an army. Are the Lava people open to such an alliance, do you think?"

OOC: OK so we need to think about how we can make an assault on that base of the Tester's and see if we cannot get the "Lava likes" on Frostbite's side so that we aren't fighting two sides but one. It would be desirable that any other forces who have been here planet side might be brought over as well. I'm hoping that we can get things squared away, in the time we've got...i.e. before the Tester returns and that Lionheart can rejoin us. He, we will definitely need if this has any chance of succeeding.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 18 2019, 06:58

From space Lionheart scanned the planet.

He could see some colonies on the planet. Some were large. Zooming in he saw thousands of insectoids building a base, others were made of water, still others looked like living plants!

How many would be useful in the coming battle? The Tester would subject them to experiments, then endless battle against one another to mould them into the strongest race. A 'survival of the fittest' experiment. It was horrible, and needed to be stopped!

==========

Arkraz considered.

"My people are the strongest that we know about on this planet. We are, in your language, an ancient race of ... Dragons. Time and again we have battled all who came against us. The Cloudmen were a problem until we were adapted and became able to devour them. If a race does not adapt, they are cast aside and slaughtered by another species. The Tester alters the genetic strain of the race. Some change immediately, others require reproduction and several generations to adapt. The Wasp people reproduce quickly and have adapted almost as fast as we have. As far as we can tell the Lava Men adapt as fast or faster than we do, and may be soon as powerful or more than even we are. The other races on this world are behind the ones you have encountered. I suspect that they are as yet too weak to help in our struggle against the Tester. The Dragon people, Cloudmen, Wasp people and possibly one or two others may be all we can muster. I suspect the Lava Men as the Testers latest experiment will be loyal. The Tester is too powerful for us to defeat. We will fight anyway, to end this cycle of battle, death, and adaptation before the cycle begins anew." he said.

Frostbot spoke up 'These creatures are ancient and powerful. They appear to be noble to a certain degree, and with a certain sense of honour. I believe we can trust their word.'

=========

Wandafar wiped his hands as he stepped back from the shuttle. "Vot a mess. You people know how to break stuff. I make it you break it." he rolled his eyes.

Turning to Lionheart he added "You, super duper man, should be down zere kickin ass but from vot I could tell you got your butts kicked good. Don't believe it. Ze reference I made vos ze clue. I jury rigged a scanner from bits I hed knocking about. Before it burst into flames I scanned ze Tester. You were fighting nothing." he chuckled. "Ze Vizard of Oz reference? Sink vot heppened in zat film. Man behind curtain, making ze noise und smoke und giant head und special effects. Zet is vot I sink is going on. Unfortunately zey are so believable zet zey may as vell be real. Find ze place, pull back ze curtain und pop ze little green men on ze jaw. Or possibly blue or orange, like an umpa lumpa."

Just then a machine Wandafar had been using went BANG! "Crikey." muttered Wandafar as he rushed for a fire extinguisher.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 18 2019, 20:26

Admin wrote: "Ze Vizard of Oz reference? Sink vot heppened in zat film. Man behind curtain, making ze noise und smoke und giant head und special effects. Zet is vot I sink is going on. Unfortunately zey are so believable zet zey may as vell be real. Find ze place, pull back ze curtain und pop ze little green men on ze jaw. Or possibly blue or orange, like an umpa lumpa."

Lionheart wasn't sure what the reference was about, but he knew that Frostbite had a good handle on such a thing.  Earth culture, although dated to the 40's was more his thing that Lionheart's where his future was very different and very gone, now anyway.  

"Wow that is still powerful, I went against this thing and I had never felt such a blow before.  And clearly it can make a difference in terms of the genetics it's manipulating.  But the idea of its power is so great, yet when we stood up to this Tester, he backed down.  He flinched first."

Lionheart didn't need telling twice, after getting everything he felt he needed, he took off skyward and planet-bound.  

Admin wrote:Frostbot spoke up 'These creatures are ancient and powerful. They appear to be noble to a certain degree, and with a certain sense of honour. I believe we can trust their word.'

Frostbite nodded, thankful for his friend's reassurance.  Funny, with a moment to breathe he had a sudden flashback to his counterparts they had left so recently behind.  Those mirror versions of themselves twisted, heartless and utterly bent on goals so diametrically opposed to their own.  Goals that even now, they were seeking to carry out on a creature with power able to bestow good, but instead playing some mad game with sentient beings as its toy soldiers.  

"Ok well it's about time we got to work and started getting the other races on board.  I would imagine many of them would wish an end to this heartless cycle and that a good death is better than a life of slavery!  We can but try..."

OOC: Ok so with Lionheart speeding back, not sure what sort of game time has passed with his two and fro, nor how indeed you want to play things in terms of recruiting the others.  Nonetheless, when Frostbite learns what Lionheart knows, about the Wizard of oz, - I did look into it but must have slipped my mind to do anymore about it.  In fact, I wondered if it was a reference for Lionheart to get back to the planet - no place like home etc, the whole man behind the curtain barely occurred to me.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 19 2019, 10:46

"Ze Tester vorks by bullying. I hate bullies. I watched from space viz a jury rigged viewer. Zet blew up und I lost imagery." moaned Wandafar. "Defeat anyone who looks like a threat und cow everyone else. Ze experiments zen commence. awful."

"You need to get down zer und mobilise everyone. I mean EVERYVUN. All ze Vasps und Clouds und all zem people. Get Frosty to give a long vinded speech zet vill bore zem into submission. He's good at zet." the Dwarf chuckled.

Lionheart gave a look at Wandafar, rolled his eyes and took off, flying through the caverns and finally out into the void of space towards the planet. These aliens, if they were not the all powerful types they projected to be, would need supplying. A ship perhaps, able to transport new species to this planet? Something greater than that? A 'gate' of some kind? Could that be used to get the Vanguard home?

he soared down to the planet. He'd had enough time to heal, eat, change his ripped up costume and take a headache pill. He was ready (OOC full health across the board) for another crack at these... charlatans... if that's what they proved to be!

=========

Frostbite could see the doubt on their faces as the Wasp Woman translated.

Thousands upon thousands of Wasp people gathered and addressed as he gave the speech to get them to rise up against the cruel Tester end their exile on this planet of war and rebirth cycle.

The Tester would not take this lying down. Even now they must be gathering forces and ready for an assault. If he were them he'd be preparing a trap.

Suddenly a wasp person buzzed/flew towards the intense concentration of Wasps near the Queen, and word got back to the Wasp Woman who was translator. She turned, fear in her multi faceted compound eyes. "The Lava Men. They are coming back in force to destroy us!"

Frostbite looked to the sky. Where was Lionheart?

OOC Are you getting the Vanguard and the shuttle in on this? The Shuttle is out of use for hours, possibly days but Lionheart could in theory transport the team via telekinesis if they were suited and booted to survive in space/re-entry/poisonous atmosphere. You'll need your biggest guns for what is coming next, I suspect...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 19 2019, 17:21

Admin wrote:OOC Are you getting the Vanguard and the shuttle in on this? The Shuttle is out of use for hours, possibly days but Lionheart could in theory transport the team via telekinesis if they were suited and booted to survive in space/re-entry/poisonous atmosphere. You'll need your biggest guns for what is coming next, I suspect...

OOC: If we need everyone then everyone it is, if Wandafar is up for it I'll grab him as well. Who knows he might prove useful ;-)

Frostbite needed to see the lay of the land and devise a strategy, he also needed to know how these creatures moved, would they be coming slowly - over land or could they fly?

One thing was clear, the Tester clearly knew something was afoot. But why not face them directly, why send this lava men? Another test? Frostbite couldn't be sure but his first duty was to mobiles the teams and draw the Lava men off. More importantly, how was the tester communicating with them, could it be possible to disrupt that aspect.

OOC: Ok so I will speak to Arkraz and get his men to find out the information that we are needing, troop size, movement, suggested routes. Meanwhile, we will need to mobiles the remaining forces, and seek to either draw them off, whilst the larger group makes for the mountain.

My thought is if we can get to the mountain, whilst seeking to draw off or away from the majority of the forces then we might be able to attack in strength. Especially since the majority of these groups can fly. Also, I wonder if the cloud forces, whilst not affecting the lava men can be used to obscure their vision, staying low but in front or around them to confuse their passage. If they are flying then see if they can't disrupt that in some way. Anyway open to suggestions and then getting Lionheart to lead the assault on the Tester whilst I try to get the Lava Men to follow Frostbite at least until I can double back and go help against the mountain.

Sj

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 26 2019, 23:59

The lava men WERE coming... but in a way most unexpected!

They were tunnelling, which presented another problem...

"I vill get my ess down zer." crackled Wandafar on the comms. "Vunce I hef fixed dis shuttle. How come ve hef only vun craft able to get from space und beck und it is alwvays neckered?" he grumbled. "I vill... come up viz something."

Arkraz flew over. He seemed very deferential and bowed a head to his perceived conqueror, Frostbite. "These... 'Lava men' are new and powerful. We have clashed once, inconclusively. Their main ability seems to be to combine into a mountain size creature. We do not fear them, but we must respect both their powers and their numbers. I shall mobilise my people and we shall fight for you. Be aware that the high council of my people are even now conversing so that the only forces I can muster are my clans personal honour guard. It may be enough, if you persuade these... lesser races to swarm in numbers." He took to the air. "I shall return shortly." and flew back towards the distant mountains at very, very high speed. In a moment he was a dot!

Despite his position as a conquered enemy Arkraz also maintained a certain level of arrogance. That was confirmed when the wasp woman came up. "You have not seen these dragon people in their true forms. They retain their shape to honour you, but they are very large creatures, able to destroy many hundreds of my people for every one that falls of them. This is... not easy for us to participate, but we will live in fear no more. You are the hope we have waited for. I shall mobilise our troops in the thousands!"

She flew off to gather a swarm.

The cloud people were an enigma. One gathered and formed into a humanoid shape to resemble those that they now considered the 'Apex' predators on this world.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2 - Page 4 Cloud-man

The creature seemed to have trouble forming words.

Lionheart formed a telepathic link and was able to ... 'translate'... the images from the creatures mind. Sort of.

"So alien..." he whispered. "They soar on clouds, swooping about. They... 'eat pollution'. The tester has machines... I think it's best to describe them as that. Anyway, they belch smoke out, and it seems the cloudmen can change that into oxygen! The acid that forms them into a fine mist or hard rain is because of the pollution. These creatures were brought here not to fight, but to cancel the effects of the Testers machines. Many other races, including the Dragon people, can 'breath them in' without harm to themselves and use them as sustenance. They are willing to fight, because we have defeated the Dragon people, but ... they fought the lava men before and lost many of their number. The heat they give off simply.. evaporates them..." he said, with a distant cast to his voice as he translated the images.

The ground started rumbling and Lionheart turned, using his extraordinary vision powers. "They're coming. The ground is being torn up, smashed, as these creatures make tunnels. Our flying troops will be useless underground. However in the air they may be beyond the reach of the Lava men."

Frostbite suggested leading an assault against the Tester. Lionheart glanced at his friend and nodded.

He turned as Arkraz appeared in the sky, but landed some way off... What...?

Then the Dragon man changed into his TRUE form...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #2 - Page 4 Arkraz

OOC One more post from you and I'll wrap this issue, then the final battle on this crazy messed up world can take place!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 27 2019, 13:23

Admin wrote:The lava men WERE coming... but in a way most unexpected!

Then the Dragon man changed into his TRUE form...

OOC One more post from you and I'll wrap this issue, then the final battle on this crazy messed up world can take place!

Frostbite assembled the forces and spoke from on high so he could address them all.

"Though we met as enemies, pitted against one another battle has forged us into allies against the cruel taskmaster who'd manipulate us to his will irrespective of our place in this universe. Allies we stand our strength being forged in the common bond to throw off the chains with which we have been bound. Up till now you have fought lost and grown, to fight again. Today that fight ends, but make no mistake it is a fight, a fight for freedom. The real enemy you've been trained to fight, isn't out there, or among us, but he who first tore us from our homes, families and lives to dump us here. Our strength then comes from finding in battle how we might aid and help and do final and decisive hurt to the schemes of our enemy. I will stand here, fighting these Lava like men, hoping to earn a way by which our forces might find a weak point to enter and end this battle with him who began it all."

Frostbite wanted to galvanise their wills and their minds, so that petty differences and any rivalries would be put aside. Then turning to Lionheart, he gathered the leaders together to inform them of his intended plan.

"Even the best-laid plans can fall apart when in contact with the enemy. But if I might be so bold this Tester, his power is largely in the way he has convinced us he is powerful rather than in any actual power. It's all an illusion, remember that, though our enemies are not. Lionheart will lead a small force to where we think there may be an entrance. I suggest the cloud men, go first their ability to synthesise acid could scourge machinery and create a way for the enemy to be hampered. I suggest Arkraz you create a big bad diversion, perhaps attack the base defences, but keep away so as not to get to entrenched, just test and withdraw, if Lionheart gets through send the signal and join him when he has a clear way for you to follow."

Frostbite didn't need to tell them what he would be doing. A weather pattern so strong that he could try and call down rain, wind and thick conditions to obscure is what he was hoping to do, followed by his own frostlike powers to batter and keep the Lava men from seeing it was only he who the groups had left behind to fight.

OOC:Ok so accepting that this fight could be difficult to plan for I'm suggestion Lionheart takes the bulk of the forces, the split up so the bee, cloud folk go with lionheart into the base. Arkraz and his folk attack the base from another side, drawing out its defences hopefully being more a nuisance and distraction than much else.

And meanwhile, Frostbite will pour what HP and other help he can into his weather powers and frost control to make this area as inhospitable and difficult as he could do. When Lionheart has found a way in, then, everyone goes in to attack and stop this madness or die trying.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 29 2019, 01:56

Wandafar arrived with the rest of the team in tow and declared "So, it comes down to ze final battle again. Predictable und no doubt painful."

He looked at the gathered forces. Cloudmen in the sky, Wasp People standing about or hovering, Dragon People swirling like a swarm in the sky. There were enough of them, all told in the thousands. Arkraz and his people were the fewest, numbering only dozens, but were more powerful by far than the others.

Reflex (Steph) in her space suit, spoke up. "Do we have a plan be, or are we all going in, do or die?"

Firebrand (Sarah) replied "If it all goes pear shaped we're stuck on this planet as prisoners, no way off. Our 'pet' planet won't hang about forever..."

Terra Firma (David) shrugged. "We kind of knew what we were signing up for, that it would come down to this. I have faith in our leaders. We've been through some rocky patches before. We're still here."

Thomas White (Gravitas) stood, dusting off the space suit and turning his helmet slightly. "We're ready. Cut the head off the snake and the rest of it dies, right?"

The uncertainty was emphasised by the silence that followed...

=========

Elsewhere...

"You may think yourselves all powerful, but consider this. I was able to bypass your defences and present myself here to speak to you. You could attack... but you will fail. I, however, can present to you a plan that will give you almost all that you need. I want only one of the invaders that spoiled your plans. Just one. The rest? You can have them."

The glowing figure of the Tester looked down at the human stood in the cavern surrounded by lava men glowering at him. He'd arrived not long ago, smashed a number of lava men to smithereens and resisted the Testers assault. Now he spoke, and he grinned. Whatever was going on here, what he'd been watching from space, it would deliver to him that which he sought. Frostbot.

'Evil Lionheart' smiled.

OOC I'll award Hero Points in the next post and get the cataclysmic last issue up and running in a day or two...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 30 2019, 18:05

Admin wrote:Wandafar arrived with the rest of the team in tow and declared "So, it comes down to ze final battle again. Predictable und no doubt painful."

Frostbite outlined what was happening as the rest of the forces now assembled made their preparation for the assault on the Tester's kingdom.   He took time to brief the others, this was going to be a diversionary, distraction and hampering, not head-on.  

The Tester may be a joke, but the forces he'd assembled didn't appear to be.

=========

Admin wrote:Elsewhere...

'Evil Lionheart' smiled.

OOC: Oh my, and I thought we'd got rid of these guys back before.  I was really hoping that was the case because we are going to get wiped out and moped up with these guys.  Kind of reminds me of the way Spidey faces Venom and he was so outflanked by him, that even his Spidey sense never seemed to work around him/it?  And though we know nothing of this particularly nasty twist, it's not hard to see that if we win, we're going to be so depleted Evil LH, is going to wipe the floor with us!  This is where I think, what on earth can I do now?

Anyway, as far as I am concerned it's on so best get to it.  Frostbite will use the plans he has devised to seek to obscure, hit and run, keep the Lava guys guessing...and Lionheart as planned.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 02 2020, 09:12

OOC Short issue but relatively successful with the challenges that you faced. 80HP awarded each that brings us to:

Lionheart 117 HP

Frostbite 81HP
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 02 2020, 09:24

Admin wrote:OOC Short issue but relatively successful with the challenges that you faced. 80HP awarded each that brings us to:

Lionheart 117 HP

Frostbite 81HP

Got a feeling we're going to need it Shocked

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4