The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! CENTURION Issue #1

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! CENTURION Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! CENTURION Issue #1

Post  smaug Sat Jan 10 2015, 19:13

OOC: I assume the case they gave me may be trapped or monitored in some way to make sure I dont open it. Is the case metal? If in any way Steve could check the contents with his metal manipulation powers so we know what we are dealing with and report before Steve hangs up?

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! CENTURION Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! CENTURION Issue #1

Post  Admin Wed Jan 14 2015, 22:16

OOC I may have given you the wrong impression. The Professor (the lady mentioned in the last post) has the case. You are to 'collect' it from her, then bring it back to the lady in the pub you just trashed... That's your way 'in' so to speak.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Jan 24 2015, 09:00

OOC: Thats ok then i was worried i was carrying a bomb or something. ....have i just given you an idea????

IC: Steve stood on the roof of an adjacent building to the towering obolisk that was the vectrek skyscraper. He was surrounded by melted remains of air con units and over his eyes he looked like he was wearing night vision goggles which also engulfed half of his face. The device whirled and clicked as it came into focus but they weren't for use at night but picked out heat signals through the infra-red spectrum. There, on the top floor just above the R and D departments, was the CEO office and one slim heat signature (OOC: Should i roll to see if i can spot anymore.....maybe any lazer gun implacements : ) )

'Must be Eckharte. I doubt i can just make an appointment and stroll on in. No i need to talk to her alone and fine out whats in the case.'

Steve turned the dial on the headset, he guessed he only had minutes before it returned to slag, the pict feed changed to more of a purple hue and zoomed in.

(OOC: I would like to check for electrical devices now, CCTV and alarm systems. We dont want to be interupted. I dont wish to startle her and dont mean her any harm i just want my 'way in' and bring any terrorist organisations down)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 25 2015, 00:11

OOC Nice use of your power. It can come up with any gadget that is 'reasonable' to create with modern technology, and some future tech (jet packs, laser guns etc) as well.

Adjusting the sights on his funky headgear, Centurion looked through various spectrums... Ultra Violet, Infra Red...

He saw the building was quite full on every floor. Busy people showed up as red blobs going about their business. The upper floors were his focus, and he changed from Thermal to X Ray and started scanning about, adding telescopic vision into the mix too. There! It had taken minutes of searching, but he saw a room with a dozen or so people sat around a long table, all suited and serious types, whilst a woman - the quite lovely young Professor Alison Eckharte - strode about giving a presentation on a white board, with the steel briefcase attached to her wrist by a chain. She was on something like... Centurion counted... the 15th floor. He saw several security cameras of the domed type in the ceiling, whilst the windows were of a glass that was designed not to shatter and be bullet resistant to a degree. There was also something else. Two men stood as bodyguards outside, but one man sat inside the room was in some way different. He was sat at the table and Centurions X Ray vision showed a dense mass, but was blocked from penetrating further.

Too dense for X Ray vision to penetrate?

The man, a fellow in his early forties, with close cropped blond hair, perma - scowl and athletic form inside an expensive suit, suddenly turned and looked towards the window.

He stood, and started to walk over to it. How? What had...?

Who was he, what was his connection to Eckharte, and what was in the briefcase that was so important for the criminal hierarchy of London to want it so badly?

OOC Perception check...2d10 → [4,8] = (12) Good enough.

Centurion turned at the sound of screeching tyres. Four white transit vans were travelling at speed down a side street and heading towards the Vectrek building! And a scan with X Ray vision revealed... half a dozen goons in each, with balaclavas and automatic weapons! Centurion hadn't been sent to retrieve the case... he was there as a distraction! The vans would be outside the ground floor lobby of the building in moments!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Jan 26 2015, 10:21

"Bloody hell" steve exclaimed "party crashers eh?"

Being a bit of a technophobe and from the 1940's Steve had no idea how to 'hack' like his old pals from the future, and changes are with a multi million pound company like Vectrek security was bound to be sky high but he had to warn them. There had to be another way.....'ah yes. That'll do nicely'.

Without even thinking about it, almost like taking a breath, Steve had willed a new alloy suit which was locking over lapping panels as he quickly formulated a plan (by plan or course this ment wing it and often make things explode).

The man out of time stepped of the edge of the building, dropping down a good 10 metres before the suit had finished mophing the jet pads over his shoulders, then lauched himself towards to office tower.

(OOC: Im thinking a roll will be needed but i would like the phone in steve's pocket to integrate with the suit (this was the 'plan' he spoke of) and contact Alison via her bluetooth head set (of course she has one she's a big wig and they all have them......if not her mobile would do ; ) ), maybe she has a good security team that'll keep her safe while i kick butt. I'm guessing its too late to evac the building though

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 28 2015, 21:42

Forming a suit about him (no roll required, he can cook up a 'standard' suit using metals from all around him seeing as buildings are constructed of them alongside brick and stone) and stepping off the roof he activated the still morphing jets on his back and they kicked in before he'd dropped 20m...

His helmet formed a hud in his vision and complicated circuitry wired itself up and he made a call...

"Hello? Who is this? I'm in a meeting and this is a private line..." said Alison Eckharte...

The vans screeched to a halt around the base of the building and men spilled out... Whilst they wore suits, they were clearly dressed in something else underneath. The guns they carried didn't even remotely look like conventional guns... and neither did the blast of fire from the backpacks they wore as they took to the sky and started heading up.. up.. up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Feb 15 2015, 10:01

"Miss Eckharte, you have company. ......the type with machine guns and jet packs. I will try to hold them off just get to safety"

OCC: What are those packs made from? I know as a hero its kinda frowned upon just to melt there packs and make them drop out of the sky like frozen poo from a aeroplane toilet.....but that kinda sounds pretty cool ☺

Sod it as a nod to spiderman if the jet packs are based on a metal alloy i could always clump them up in a ball and hang them from a lamp post (not like a noose)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 22 2015, 23:03

Some of the people from vans had gone into the lobby. He could deal with those if they got past this buildings security. The jetpacks though were another matter...

Sentinel smiled.

With a wave of his hand and a gesture, the metal in the jetpack nearest him, a man flying straight up the side of the building towards the floor where Eckharte held her meeting. It immediately stopped working and instead formed a hook, pole and length of metal cable to string the hapless fellow up from, dangling ineffectually from his back and wondering just what had happened!

The others followed, until they were all dangling from the building side on cables, hanging forty feet from the floor! Likewise, their weapons and other equipment were all fused and crumpled!

Now, time to get in there and see what had happened with those others from the lobby!

Suddenly there was a huge explosion from the side of the building! Billowing fire and smoke spewed forth, showering glass outwards from the building wall.

Black smoke continued to belch, but Sentinel could hear coughing and screams from within the building. A quick look suggested that wasn't on the same as Eckharte was, but people still needed help!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Mar 22 2015, 12:58

"Miss Eckharte is there a safe room you and your people can get to? If not barricade the doors and find a place to hide."

"Who are you" Alison replied "I can hear gun fire."

"I'm a friend, now go." Steve tapped his headset one more time and cut the line.

He made his way to the breached section of the building while readying his wrist mounted plasma pistols. Steve entered wear the smoke was thickest in the hope that his visor sensors would give him the upper hand and the drop on any unsuspecting assalent although his suit wasnt exactly built for stealth.

Between the thermo rockets from his boots and the stablizers sproutting from underneath his alloy shoulder blades the small fires around the offices were fanning and reducing but so was his cover from the noxious black plumes.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 26 2015, 16:55

OOC Good to have you back Ross Smile

Centurion

Through the acrid black smoke the metal clad man strode carefully...

Adjusting the specs of his helmet he scanned through ultra violet... then infra red... They 'white' out momentarily and adjust... And he turns into a laser blast!

OOC 2d10 → [1,6] = (7) Miss

Centurion weaved to the side as an energy blast flashed past him! He wasn't the quickest on his feet, but these guys didn't seem overly accurate. Bad news for them, great news for him!

Adjusting his own blasters to reply, he turned to fire... and picked up... four more heat signatures, stepping from the shadows and smoke! Suddenly he was surrounded!

OOC There are FIVE of these guys, dressed in suits, dark shades and bowler hats. In their hands are umbrellas that double as laser blasters... and in the other hand, ordinary briefcases...? Centurion wins initiative... doing anything special, going for one, two, all five? To KO, capture or something else? You also note that in this wide open plan office the smashed furniture is acting as barricade to a number of employees who are cowering in fear. At a glance Centurion can see around ten innocents that might get caught in the crossfire...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat May 16 2015, 13:26

Centurion quickly bolted behind a up turned desk using the smoke and his sealed mask to his advantage.

"You know whats the best thing about these fancy high rise office blocks.....apart from the view...." Steve was stalling for time so he could get them right where he needed them but obviously before gun totting 'gentlemen' could get a beat on him. Stretching out with his mind he found it, it wasnt supporting the ceiling anymore so why not......

"The super steel SUPPORTS" He shouted as a bear RSJ that had been exposed swelled and bursted like some garden hose covering the backs of the men with umbrellas.

(OOC: I'm going for all 5 if i can, encapsulating their torsos and arms. Non lethal. ...atm anyway)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 17 2015, 01:23

OOC Good to see you back on the case Smile Aiming at 5 guys at once will make things harder for Centurion though...

Reaching out with his metal manipulation power, Centurion attempted to attack all five enemies with the structure of the building...

Sensing the metal beams and framework in the ceilings and floors, Centurion selected the ones he needed and 'gave them life' so to speak.

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:9 Oh, ouch. That's a fail. Had you attacked one or two, that might have done the trick.

The ceiling groaned and splintered as metal beams broke free... then they floundered about, causing the men in suits to glance up then level their blaster/umbrellas at Centurion!

"Ready... " shouted one. "FIRE!"

OOC Four attack, the other heads to where several petrified employees are ducked down. Insurance for the bad guys most likely. They attack!

Roll(2d10)+0: 9,10,+0 Total:19 HIT

Roll(2d10)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9

Roll(2d10)+0: 8,7,+0 Total:15 HIT

Roll(2d10)+0: 7,9,+0 Total:16 HIT

Three of the blasts strike Centurion, chest, leg and shoulder, spinning him about and crashing him backwards to explode out of the glass and steel skyscraper, to be sent tumbling towards the ground!

instead and making a superhero sized hole in the floor, however, he glances at the readout on his helmet and notes that whilst the blasters pack a punch, they are set to nonlethal force and fell some way short of penetrating his powerful defences! They were able to knock him out of the building, but that presented an opportunity. Might they consider him 'out of the way'? Or would he be better off charging back in, like a bull in a china shop?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next