The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 35 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 10 2020, 08:13

have fun!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 11 2020, 13:21

Admin wrote:Apologies for my unintended absence! car trouble (brakes) meant I was without transport and stranded until I fixed it. Even now I need to look at the brakes (just bleeding them so shouldn't take long) but without my laptop so unable to post. Will catch up at some point later today.

Cheers, Paul

Ah, I wondered what was up, serious, frustrating but not life-threatening...hope you got it sorted alright mate, judging by the posts suddenly up I guess you did?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 11 2020, 21:10

Just to check but are Miss Victory and Lionheart on the same levels or still one level apart?
I forgot if Miss Victory is level 3 or 4 currently.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 11 2020, 21:37

DavidMcMahon wrote:Just to check but are Miss Victory and Lionheart on the same levels or still one level apart?
I forgot if Miss Victory is level 3 or 4 currently.

Oh no Dave Metagaming, you should tag that with Spoiler Alert ;-).

Only kidding, I did wonder when are respective characters might meet, its a bit like Haunt and Steeplejack all over again. Weeeelll meeeet again don't know where don't know when....etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 11 2020, 22:00

I'm really thinking we will put a Benny Hill type thing, where one of us goes up a stairway, the other goes down a stairway at the same time but they are two different stairways at each end of the complex. Razz
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 12 2020, 09:12

Got brakes sorted cheers. The weather turning wet didn't help seeing as I do all the mechanic stuff on the driveway... I'm currently looking to buy a house somewhere but need to make sure the various criteria get met (3+ bedrooms, garage, reasonable area) and there's not a huge amount of choice out there. Fun and games.

The other thing I'm having to deal with is the fallout from my TV appearance a couple of nights ago with the messages/mickey taking etc Rolling Eyes I can't even watch it, it's cringe inducing as my normal outlook is to 'take the mickey' out of everything but this is me actively *trying* to be nice about a bad situation and to me it looks forced, hence I can't watch it! Honest me would have said "We cancel so many trains because we are crap." and end up on the cutting room floor!

Anyway, moving on...Lionheart is on level 4, Miss V on level 5 and you're both heading for the only set of stairs linking the two levels so there shouldn't be *too* much Clouseau esque rotating on the stairs as you pass each other...

Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 12 2020, 16:08

congrats for being on the telly and not because they had a wanted picture of yours up. Razz

And I thought I was one 4 instead of 5 since I went back up a level to meet with Mindshark again. Go thing I checked.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 12 2020, 16:39

DavidMcMahon wrote:congrats for being on the telly and not because they had a wanted picture of yours up.   Razz

And I thought I was one 4 instead of 5 since I went back up a level to meet with Mindshark again.  Go thing I checked.

I thought of it being like one of those chase scenes in Scoobi Do, where they keep missing one another through different sets of doors.

15 Mins of fame ah Paul, are we required to book an appointment now ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 12 2020, 16:47

How much is he charging for autographs?
A headshot picture with personal autograph?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14 2020, 09:45

Mugshots are strictly dart board fodder, trust me! In the depth of winter during what was the 2nd week of a 5 week long man flu/cold thing that refused to budge (then Covid came along so you can imagine the looks I got for coughing and sneezing all the time) it's a fair bet to say I didn't look my best! Thankfully they were not given the chance to follow me around on the training and driving the darn things because of all the mess that followed with the lockdown. If only we'd shut down when that was filmed (I think 2nd week of February) we might be out of lockdown by now and quite a lot of people would still be here. Hindsight eh?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14 2020, 10:47

Run out of time right now but will update later. Note to self - Steeplejack next to update!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 14 2020, 12:37

Anyway, moving on...Lionheart is on level 4, Miss V on level 5 and you're both heading for the only set of stairs linking the two levels so there shouldn't be *too* much Clouseau esque rotating on the stairs as you pass each other...

Are you sure Miss Victory is on level 5. I thought she was down there for a bit and then went up to level 4 to meet with Mindshark. Or was she actually level 6 and Mindshark was level 5? I thought level 6 is where the main control room was at, which is why I'm asking, and not level 7.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14 2020, 20:36

Think i made it crystal clear at some point but now you're making me doubt myself.

1 is entrance, 2 is not too bad. By 4 and 5 you've got people able to knock Miss V about and 6-7 Lionheart would be wishing he was somewhere else. 8 and 9 should not be ventured into. Think of pre Crisis superman being beat up in a fist fight, that sort of thing...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 14 2020, 23:20

Went looking over old replies and this is why I believe both Miss Victory and Lionheart are on level 4, or at least Miss Victory is.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #2 Fighting for the Flag... AND her life!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #2 Fighting for the Flag... AND her life!!!
Post Admin on Fri May 22, 2020 11:01 am

"My, you're a feisty one." he growls. "But if Blackrock deserved what happened to him, I have no problem with it." he adds, most reasonably.

Jones/Obsidian stared at Miss Victory before asking Warlock "What is it you want her to do?"

The giant smiled. "We'll treat her friend. Her other pal stays too. I want you to go up a level and talk to the boss there, whoever it is on four. Tell him... or her... that level 5 is ready to talk instead of fight. We have enough problems with 6. You seem able to look after yourself so I want you to set up a meeting. Obsidian will go with you. Sending raids to steal food and equipment from one anothers' level will tear this place apart. We appear to have another problem, that being the weapons are stored on the lowest level. many of the weapons won't be a threat but not everyone is invulnerable."

"I made myself leader of level 5. To that end I demand obedience, loyalty and I need people to follow my orders. In return I will protect them as best I can. If I can secure a truce against level 4 we can concentrate on 6 and putting them in their place."

"So, what do you say? I will make sure your friend is restored to health and none of you shall come to harm. If you work with me, you are protected by my power. If you need a demonstration that can be arranged."

Obsidian gently laid a hand on Miss Victorys' shoulder. "I wouldn't. His power is derived from magic. I thought about going against him. When I saw the way he hammered Blackrock into the floor, I thought again. For better or worse I think level 5 is better off under Warlocks rule. You fancy a stroll to the level above?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 15 2020, 09:49

Miss V was on 5, now on 4 and Lionheart is on 3 trying to get to 4.

That sounds something like.

On another note I'm cleaning up the current form and posting old posts (up to a certain age) into the 'GAME ARCHIVE FOR FINISHED TOPICS' area. So they aren't vanishing (because that would really screw me up because I refer to them all the time!) just moving...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 19 2020, 21:57

Doh. Everyone has updated and I have to hit the sack for a 0700 start in the morning, back at work after nearly a month off. Hope I can remember how to drive the train! Updates when I get home in the afternoon.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jun 20 2020, 00:09

Just remember the saying of the Little Engine That Could - "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!" - and you will be fine. Rolling Eyes
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 22 2020, 21:51

Jack Gibb glanced up and saw three men - none of which he recognized... (OOC 'Nick Carter' won't be known to Steeplejack...)

lol! lol! I have visions of the two of us dancing around each other, not revealing who they actually are, for at least a dozen back and forth replies to the list. lol! lol!
And that's not actually a bad thing, player/player interaction is wonderful too, not just player/GM interaction.

jocolor geek
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 23 2020, 16:45

Really cool pics for when Steeplejack and the Haunt get to WW1.

Chat about the game... - Page 35 07171412
Chat about the game... - Page 35 07171411
Chat about the game... - Page 35 07171410
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 23 2020, 16:46

Chat about the game... - Page 35 07171413
Chat about the game... - Page 35 07171415
Chat about the game... - Page 35 07171414

Or maybe our Pulp Adventure guys?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 27 2020, 21:43

Just a quick update... Miss V/Lionheart (two Daves) will be a day or so before I can update as I'm cooking up (statting) a small army for you to battle to win the battle of level 4.

On another note a friend of mine passed away this afternoon so it may be a day or so before I get up to speed. He had terminal cancer and was an old fella but a wonderful gentleman and I'm thankful for the few years I knew him and proud to have called him a friend. He'll be greatly missed as he was genuinely a lovely fellow.

Stay safe chaps, back tomorrow night. Cheers, Paul

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jun 27 2020, 22:00

Take care and take your time. Of course, you could cheat on making foes for us to face by using heroes from the various source books. we would never know. afro
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jun 27 2020, 22:27

Just trying to figure out how to do Gif images here. This is a Flash Gordon movie serial rocket by the way.

Chat about the game... - Page 35 Flash_10
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 02 2020, 13:55

Never reaching the same literary notoriety but probably more killed more folks than Jack did around the same time.  If modern Hollywood ever learns of this guy and wants to do a horror movie on him ....

H.H. Holmes is notoriously known as one of America's first serial killers who lured victims into his hotel dubbed the “Murder Castle” during the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893. According to some claims, he killed up to 200 people inside his macabre hotel that was outfitted with trapdoors, gas chambers and a basement crematorium. But the actual story, while horrifying, may not be quite as sordid.

“There’s a total of about nine [people] that we can say with some confidence he probably killed,” says Adam Selzer, author of H.H. Holmes: The True History of the White City Devil. “He confessed to 27 at one point, but several of them were still alive at the time.”

The inflated numbers of up to 200 victims likely started, Selzer says, with a pulp book published in 1940, called Gem of the Prairie by Herbert Asbury.

“It had kind of a throwaway line that some people suggested it may have been as many as 200 people,” Selzer says. “Nobody had actually suggested that, in fact. But thereafter everybody else who [retold] the story threw in that same line until people started deciding that that was a real estimate or a real possibility.”

Chat about the game... - Page 35 Mty5ot10

Famed murder hotel, at least by the yellow journalists of the day.  Most of his murders did not occur there.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 03 2020, 09:51

I expect Hollywood have already been there. Psycho?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next