The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

3 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 20 2012, 07:17

Admin wrote:"Trust...unh...me." grunted the fellow as he dangled several feet off the floor, turning redder by the moment "I...uh... have nothing against... you and... I personally... object... to the testing going... on here but... gakh... could you just... its... greater good!" he gasped, squirming in Stone Fists grip!

OOC:
Hmm if he is right - and who am I to argue when I don't even know what DNA is, but he has an invisibility belt nonetheless, I want to just check that the card doesn't in some way activate the belt, despite his protestations.

Should the card have nothing to do with the belt, I think we'll still take them with us, as they are too valuable to be left on the man. We might want to search him for anything else. Not sure without physical violence if we'll get more out of him. But Dave your call there.

Anyho I'm done here not sure what else to do with the man, so I suggest we lock him up perhaps put him out so he doesn't give us away and move on?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 20 2012, 12:09

"I think we will take you with us, little man," Stone Fist growls. "It's for the greater good, you see. Helps us avoid men we don't want to run into and maybe you can open the door faster to our friend's cell."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 20 2012, 23:45

The Scientist breathed a sigh of relief as Stone Fist let him down.

Straightening his coat and suit, he glanced at the card and belt in Jade Hoods possession. "Ah, careful with those. If you give me them back I will... I vill see you are paid handsomely for you efforts, and no hard feelings about Heinrich, ja?"

Stone Fist growled at him, and he backed up against the wall.

"Wait! Before you take me... the people here, they vill not take kindly to your presence! If you give me the Card and ze belt, I vill tell you very valuable information! Your Agent Chayne und ze location of ze voman!"

Jade Hood and Stone Fist glanced at each other, and their hearts sunk! Once more Mary had proven herself a liability and gotten captured! They would have to free her, then make sure she was back on a boat to America - clearly she wasn't cut out for this sort of thing!

Seeing the two mens expression, the Scientist frowned "I...assume you do not vish to see ze voman? Zen Agent Chayne, he is held downstairs! Ze Voman, if you do not care for her, I vill simply take you to ze man if you agree to... vat?"

Stone Fist snarled, and towered over the man.

"Alright!" he squealed. "Me and Heinrich were on our way to get her! Ve believe ve hef found a vay to control Miss Lamonts outburts!"

It took a moment for that to sink in.

Lamont.

Lara Lamont, the reporter who'd helped them stop the Nazi experiments in New York, then died before she could expose the story in her newspaper. She'd died in the fire that had engulfed the offices where she worked and killed her editor!

But, she was dead wasn't she?

Seeing the confusion on their faces, the Scientists ventured "You are not here for ze voman? Perhaps it is a good thing. Her power is uncontrollable and she is heavily sedated at ze moment."

When pressed, the scientist backed to a wall and explained "Alright! The Nazis knew Miss Lamont planned to expose their scheme and in so doing ruin the grand plan of creating a superhuman army! They kidnapped Miss Lamont and used the unfinished serum on her with an overdose! The serum is not recognised in any autopsy and her death - by heart attack - would have seemed of natural causes, well, as natural as it is for a fit healthy woman in her late twenties to die suddenly, but stranger things have happened."

Jade Hood flexed his fists, as if to say "get on with it!"

"ok, ok! She did not die - she apparently survived the injection, and manifested a strange superhuman power that drove our men away from her apartment! They followed her at a distance some time later, when she got to the office where she works, and watched through binoculars as she burst into flames, the force of which was powerful enough to cause a fireball to rip through the entire floor! The cleaner and the editor, the only two on that floor, were killed instantly and our men gathered up the unconscious Miss Lamont to bring with them. She has been sedated ever since!"

Jade Hood blinked. The first room he'd seen was empty, the second... Holding onto the rusted bars he peered into the second room. It was dark in there, and he couldn't see clearly, but it appeared as though a person was curled up in the corner. They were dressed in a grey/dirty smock and appeared to be asleep. he looked about, then realised the door they were stood outside must be the one in which the drugged figure - possibly Lara Lamont - was held in, if this mans story were true!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 22 2012, 12:41

Stone Fist appeared stunned. He had hoped that she was still alive, that it was some Bowery woman who had been killed and left as a body for her. But he didn't expect anything like this! He looked over at Jade Hood to see what his reaction was.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jun 23 2012, 14:12

DavidMcMahon wrote:Stone Fist appeared stunned. He had hoped that she was still alive, that it was some Bowery woman who had been killed and left as a body for her. But he didn't expect anything like this! He looked over at Jade Hood to see what his reaction was.

With a nod back to his friend, Jade Hood once again produced his remarkable tool kit and started work on the door's lock. "This mystery grows deeper my friend, but slowly the pieces start to form a picture." He said bending carefully over the lock, taking time to make sure that he didn't inadvertently set off any booby traps or alarms.

OOC:
Ok we get into the cell, I think we might put our friend in here, once he tells us where Agent Cheynne is held.

Sorry to be slow on replying, once again the flaky subs system didn't alert me to an update.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jun 23 2012, 16:38

ooc: ALmost agree. Then again, taking him with us so he can't continue to work on the formula seems like a good idea too. We could turn him over to Agent Chayne or something once we got out of here.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 25 2012, 13:39

Jade Hood (OOC roll 6,2 plus Agility 4 plus Thief 4=16. enough to open this simple lock) clicks the lock open to the door he'd seen from the outside as he shimmied around on the ledge. The room stank of unwashed bodies and he looked about. There in the corner, was a slumped figure in a straitjacket and with dishevelled hair. Moving over, he knelt and gently raised her head.

It was Lara Lamont, though she was dirty, unconscious and with matted hair somewhat hard to recognise.

"You don't understand" said the Scientist. "These experiments are vital if we're to... oh. My, that young lady looks to be rather malnourished and mistreated. Amongst other things, I am a doctor. Perhaps you would like me to treat her?" he offered.

Just then there were heavy footsteps on the stairs - a number of people were coming this way! Would either of the heroes risk putting their head out the doorway, or close the door and hope they passed by?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 25 2012, 14:28

"Treat her," Stone Fist said in a rough whisper, putting down the scientist. HE moved to the door and closed it softly and then stood there, ear against the door, listening.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 25 2012, 15:40

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Treat her," Stone Fist said in a rough whisper, putting down the scientist. HE moved to the door and closed it softly and then stood there, ear against the door, listening.

With Stonefist keeping a weary eye on the oncoming guards, after all what were the chances they were coming for Laura, Jade Hood did the same with the Doctor. Having just discovered Ms Lamont, he didn't want to see her be used as leverage against them.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 27 2012, 10:44

The Scientist seemed to know what he was doing, but turned and asked Jade Hood "Ah, that belt? It has certain devices I may need to treat the young lady. It is more than it appears..."

His German accent appeared to have disappeared...

Meanwhile Stone Fist heard the footsteps coming closer. They spoke in German, then in Arabic. Stone Fist guessed someone was translating, but unfortunately he didn't speak either language!

There were several muffled cries, then the sound of someone being dragged across the floor, with their feet thumping on the stairs as they were taken downstairs. More voices.

Closer this time.

They were almost outside the door!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:04

ooc: Does the door open inward or outward?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:41

Admin wrote:The Scientist seemed to know what he was doing, but turned and asked Jade Hood "Ah, that belt? It has certain devices I may need to treat the young lady. It is more than it appears..."

Jade Hood looked into the man's eyes and spoke very carefully, very quietly, but also very clearly, "I will hand you you're belt, but remember we are in a locked room and my friend can see you, even when you are invisible. If you try anything I know ways to make you remember you're betrayal. Ways in which, no surgeon will be able to heal what I break so you will always regret this day if you betray us. Do I make myself clear!" Jade Hood then carefully handed the man his belt, watching carefully all the time for any mischief on on the part of the Doctor.

OOC:
Going for the whole Psychology thing to make sure that this guy doesn't use this as an opportunity to betray us.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:35

OOC David M - The door opens inwards. Jade Hood, Aura to persuade someone, vs their Will. JH's 2D10 (9,7) + 3=19 vs 2d10 (10,3) + 2=15, 2 successes.

The Scientist takes in Jade Hoods words, then glances at Stone Fist. He sighs, then speaks "I probably shouldn't be telling you this." he looks about, fearful. "I am not German, nor aligned with these 'Nazis'. In truth, I find their methods abhorrent, but it is difficult to care because... I am from the future! A future in which the Earth is in dire peril, and mankind has been subjugated by a race of hostile aliens! We few who were able to stay out of the prison camps managed to formulate a plan. In the future, mankind was defeated - the aliens knew our weaknesses and gassed the human race with a chemical that would inhibit mans will, render them unable to reproduce, and be as mindless, helpless sheep! Our plan was to appeal to a group of greedy, power hungry individuals in the past, gather together a select concoction of plants and chemicals and modify the DNA strands of a group of human beings, then, essentially, kidnap them, and take them into the future to help us!"

He sighed "Time and again the experiments have failed. That belt is my key to return to my own time. Our plan to create a race of 'super humans' to help us free humanity has failed thus far - there are complications with every new experiment, though this young lady and..."

He looked at Stone Fist and hissed, whispering "I say, young man, would you object if I analysed your blood?"

Voices from outside the door were suddenly loud - the Scientist hissed "They are coming in, for the girl!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:27

Admin wrote:Voices from outside the door were suddenly loud - the Scientist hissed "They are coming in, for the girl!"

Jade Hood looked aghast at the man, but saw the truth in his eyes. With a swift turn to the door, he gave the Doctor one last look. Jade didn't fully understand, but he was prepared to accept what he said, at least for now.

Positioning himself alongside Stonefist, he used the good doctor to join him, so they were behind the door and out of line of sight as it opened. They'd need to be ready to attack, but maybe, if there was no one else in the corridor they could slip out and follow the Nazi's to their destination. Then again there might still be someone outside, when they came in...

OOC:
Ok if we can get out and follow I think that might be our best use of surprise, as taking them out potentially alerts the base to our intrusion. But it all depends one what happens and of course assuming we do get out, if we can hide so they don't see us? Time for our friend to see if he can make us all invisible perhaps? Sure would make following them easier.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 02 2012, 15:03

He looked at Stone Fist and hissed, whispering "I say, young man, would you object if I analysed your blood?"

Voices from outside the door were suddenly loud - the Scientist hissed "They are coming in, for the girl!"

"Ho can you free humanity if you would make slaves of some of them," Stone Fist growled softly.
He then plastered himself against the other wall, ready to strike at the first man to enter the room. Jade Hood was on the side where the door would open and shield him, Stone Fist on the more open wall.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 02 2012, 23:30

The scientist bowed his head, guilt across his face, then slunk down as the door opened.

A large fellow filled the doorway then barked orders in German. Three men walked into the dark room and over to Lara Lamont, lifting her and turning to walk out. They didn't look to closely in the shadows, and besides that the room was dark enough - and the light outside strong enough - that they were momentarily blinded!

They left the door open as they carried her limp form into the corridor. The big German barked angry orders and more feet tramped up and down outside. The sounds of doors opening and closing and groans - doubtless from more drugged prisoners - were heard as others were dragged from the rooms.

The pair of Vigilantes took the chance and peered out of the doorway, just as the last of the large group of fifteen or so hulking German goons dragged an unconscious prisoner around a corner and doubtless into the bowels of the building.

The Scientist shuffled uncomfortably. "You must understand... I come from a future where mankind is sterile, and worse, their DNA has been irrevocably altered in such a way to make us into subservient slaves! When we die, there will be no one else born to replace us! Only by improving mankind in the past, on a large enough scale, one with ambition and no moral limits, can we ensure mankind does not succumb in the future!"

"I'll admit though, to having doubts about forming an alliance with these so called 'Nazis'. History shows them to... ah. I'd better not say any more. Suffice to say their ambitions know no limit. Of all the potential plans to create a superior 'master race' whereby mankind in my own time might have a chance of resisting their terrible fate, this one caused me the most concern. Even so... desperate times call for desperate measures... and there are still no guarantees this might work! Why..."

He looked at the pair of them "You aren't seeking to stop this are you? This is for the greater good! Think of the millions, the billions of lives you might save? A few homeless people won't be missed, especially when compared against the fate of the entire human race!"

OOC You can follow, but this chap seems to have his moral compass flicking about wildly. He seems to understand what he is doing is very very wrong - experimenting on human beings to create a so called 'master race' and then handing that over to the Nazis - and yet on the other hand there seems little choice. He comes from a time when Mankind lost the battle for survival, and will become extinct. There's possibly nothing he won't try to ensure his mission succeeds... Reminds me a bit of 'Twelve Monkeys' the old Bruce Willis film that first introduced to me the true bafflement of time travelling (I mostly ignored it in the back to the future movies, because they were fun)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 04 2012, 10:19

Admin wrote:He looked at the pair of them "You aren't seeking to stop this are you? This is for the greater good!"

OOC You can follow, but this chap seems to have his moral compass flicking about wildly.

Jade Hood wasn't sure if he felt pity for this man or anger, his own thoughts varied wildly as he looked on. But truth be told, he had no intention of letting this experiment continue. The future could take care of itself, right what mattered was what they did. He wasn't prepared to give up on the present based on a possible future.

"Not only will we stop this experiment, we will do it so as to spare further misery, who knows events unfolding now may already mean your future isn't so set in stone. But I am afraid we cannot trust you not to interfere, so we'll be relieving you of your belt and leaving you to this cell. Since you've made nice friends here, I am sure you'll be alright. Don't cry out or give our presence away or else..."

Jade Hood added a note of threat to the final comment, before nodding to his friend to get the scientists equipment so they could leave as quickly as possible. They didn't want to miss what was going to happen next.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 06 2012, 23:49

"Wait!" yelled the fellow. "I'll raise the alarm! You can't..."

A nerve pinch in the neck from Jade Hood dropped the fellow without a further sound. He would be ok, but would have a terrible headache for hours afterwards! Stone Fist gathered the fellows belt and searched him, taking his ID card as well. With that done, the pair (OOC I assume?) locked the door behind thanks to Jade Hoods skill with the lock picks, and made their way down the corridor, round a bend, and to the end of the corridor with stairs leading down.

=========

At every floor there were men moving about, dragging drugged or otherwise limp forms about and tossing them into rooms, much as had happened to Lara...

Closing the door from the stairwell Stone Fist glanced at Jade Hood. There were an awful lot of people in this building. Stone Fist had counted half a dozen Nazi goons manhandling prisoners about on this floor alone. Every room seemed to be a cell, with at least a couple of drugged/unconscious locals slumped inside.

It seemed the Nazis were hoping to hit on the so called 'magic formula' by trial and error, mostly error. In fact, there seemed to be only one person on whom they'd supposedly successfully given superhuman powers, and that was the unconscious reporter!

Stone Fist frowned, then flexed a fist. Perhaps not just only one person with superhuman power... He knew the Nazi goons were enhanced, and that they'd beaten him before with sheer numbers. He still figured he could take one or two on by himself, and his friend, though human was as skilled a fighter as Stone Fist had ever seen.

The choice was clear - free as many people as they could, and risk detection/a battle with the guards, or continue downstairs to follow and possibly catch up to the group that had taken Lara Lamont? They were clearly going to do something with her, but what?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jul 07 2012, 08:46

Admin wrote:The choice was clear - free as many people as they could, and risk detection/a battle with the guards, or continue downstairs to follow and possibly catch up to the group that had taken Lara Lamont? They were clearly going to do something with her, but what?

Jade whispered to his friend, thinking as he was the same thoughts, "We've come a long way and we are in deep, but unless we are prepared to see this through we'll never have this opportunity again. I say we carry on, although i wish we had some other back up plan." He added, bringing his finger to his pursued lip as he thought through their options.

OOC:
We go slow, where possible, taking all precautions we can and continue to see how deep the rabbit warren goes, me thinks? Dave?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 09 2012, 13:59

"We go after the girl first and then Agent Chayne," Stone Fist growled softly. "May need to get the Egyptian police involved as well if the numbers are too much against us. Agent Chayne and his connections in the US Embassy can help with that."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jul 09 2012, 14:45

DavidMcMahon wrote:"We go after the girl first and then Agent Chayne," Stone Fist growled softly. "May need to get the Egyptian police involved as well if the numbers are too much against us. Agent Chayne and his connections in the US Embassy can help with that."

Jade Hood nodded, understanding how it was they who got the reporter involved in the first place. She was a civilian and had to come first.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 11 2012, 23:07

The pair continued down the stairs, through the various floors below ground level. Finally they were crouching on the stairwell looking through the gap between steps at a pair of double doors on the ground level guarded by two large looking aryan fellows who stood guard at the doors. They were chatting quietly, alert and would see the pair coming down the stairs, doubtless raising the alarm. They were around 10m away from the pairs location, and from what Jade Hood/Stone Fist could tell, were armed with pistols.

OOC Simply walking, or running, down the stairs will get you seen. It's dimly lit with occasional bulbs on the walls, but there's enough light to see the stairs with...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 12 2012, 02:51

"You throw those weird daggers of yours and I leap at one," Stone Fist asked Jade Hood in a quiet voice.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 12 2012, 07:17

DavidMcMahon wrote:"You throw those weird daggers of yours and I leap at one," Stone Fist asked Jade Hood in a quiet voice.

Jade Hood nodded, wondering if this point they would be able to take them down or if the alarm would be raised and the whole game would be up. Nonetheless he reached, deftly for his throwing stars and took aim as he waited for Stone Fists signal.

OOC:
Ok since I don't know what effort points we've left I guess this is a straight up throw, followed by whatever I can do not to get shot and get into take down my guy before the alarm goes off. Why do I feel like this is boldly striding into the Lions den!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 12 2012, 12:00

Yeah, I think I'm at zero effort points too. 10m is within his leaping distance, right?

"I have the right one," Stone Fist says, then leaps.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next