The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

3 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 7 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

Post  Admin Tue Jul 17 2012, 15:17

OOC Will update this later (because I have to go to bed now Sad ) but effort points, you're on 5/5. We're close to wrapping this one, and after this adventure is finished will put the Lore Knights on hold so I can get back on track with the main game. Will be coming back to it, just busy juggling 'stuff' at the minute though, you know how it is *sigh*. So yeah, update later on (when I get up, around 20.30)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 7 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

Post  Admin Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:03

OOC Jade Hood tosses a throwing star... Combat Score 11 + Martial Artist 7 - Range modifier (4)=14+Roll (and I presume two effort points) ([1, 10], [4, 10]). Double 10! Plus roll [6,8] = (14) means a total of 48!. Bad guy has 9CS - 4 (surprise) + Roll [6,10] = (16)=21. There are 27 points of difference, plus Strength 3 + Throwing Stars 3 + Roll [5,8] = (13)=46. Bad guy has Body 3 + Roll [3,4] = (7), total 10. It's messy.

Jade Hood crouches, flicks a hand out and watches as the throwing star embeds itself in the guards eye! The man slumps to the floor without a sound!

Stone Fist leaps at the same time, landing at the feet of the fellow and delivering a bone jarring headbutt!

OOC CS9 + Brawling 3 + Roll (assuming 2 effort points) ([6, 3], [10, 6]). Could be 10 and 6 or double 6. We'll go with the double. Plus roll [7,8] = (15). That's a total attack of 37! Bad guy has CS9 - Surprise (4) plus roll [9,8] = (17)=22. 15 accuracy plus Strength 5 and Hard Skin 1 + roll [8,3] = (11) means a total of 32. Bad guy has Body 3 + Roll [10,10] = (20) (whoa!) plus roll [5,2] = (7) means a total of 30. he takes only 2 points of damage, leaving him on 10/12 Health points.

The fellow rolls to the side, touching a finger to the cut that is opened above his eye, then shouts "ACHTUNG! ALARM!!!" at the top of his voice!

In a moment those double doors will open and more of them will come spilling out!

OOC Initiative [8,4] = (12) for Lore Knights, [3,8] = (11) for wounded bad guy and his friends inside the large basement. You go first, but no longer have the element of surprise and are both on 3/5 Effort Points...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:55

ooc: Doors open towards or away from us? Or up or sideways. Thinking of holding the doors closed while Jade Hood takes down my guy.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 18 2012, 07:40

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc: Doors open towards or away from us? Or up or sideways. Thinking of holding the doors closed while Jade Hood takes down my guy.

Agreed Coup De Grace the guy remaining and then seek to take the fight to the bad guys.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 19 2012, 23:55

OOC Doors open inwards, so can be barred from within. That said, there are handles on the outside that Stone Fist can hold closed, but it depends on how many are pulling from the other side. That said, Stone Fist has the strength of 10 men... No mention of Effort points from Jade Hood, so will assume another throwing star attack? [6,8,11,7] = (32) -4 (range) = 28. Bad guys defence is [4,6,9] = (19). 9 points difference is the accuracy, plus 3 (Strength) plus 3 (Throwing star) plus roll [6,7] = (13)=28 less resistance [2,4] = (6) (no body to add, because it's a lethal attack. Forgot last time. ouch.) 22 damage. Don't mess with Jade Hood...

Sending another Throwing Star through the air, Jade Hood shows no emotion as the man goes down, the star firmly embedded in his eye. He watched Stone Fist hold onto the handles as the doors started rattling from within, and sped down the stairs, pulling free his stars and cleaning them on the deceased mens clothes. He noted the men both had guns, and didn't doubt they'd have used them if they had the chance.

It was kill or be killed.

Shouting from the other side of the door told him there were more than a few people on the other side. The doors creaked on their hinges, and it was clear the doors would give way before Stone Fist did.

They didn't have long before the wood split, but Jade Hood heard something else as the doors stopped rattling.

"They're stepping back from the door... cocking weapons!" he hissed to Stone Fist who was pressed up against the door holding the handles with an iron grip!

OOC Recovery of Effort points puts you both on 4/5.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 20 2012, 07:53

Admin wrote:OOC Recovery of Effort points puts you both on 4/5.

Jade turned quickly to his friend a thought formulating in his mind. "Quickly push the doors outward, and let us rush them so that we might catch them whilst they try to get their weapons ready. Hopefully we can be among them where if they turn their weapons on us, we can duck so they end up doing more harm to one another."

OOC:
This has gone from a stealth mission to an Uh Oh, Mission!

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 20 2012, 12:00

OOC:
This has gone from a stealth mission to an Uh Oh, Mission!

ooc: sure has Wink

Stone Fist nods his agreement and charges through the doors, trying to slam into as many as possible.

action: group body slam attack, use an effort point to do it.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 23 2012, 23:46

Stone Fist slams the doors inwards, hoping to slam into as many goons inside as possible!

He caught a glimpse of a huge room - no, a cave, probably part of the sewers under the city! There were cages full of people, guards dotted all around the place, a huge vat full of some boiling green liquid, machines to heat and distribute it, with glowing pipes running to other machines that stood against the walls with white coated scientists monitoring them. More than that, there were steps and a walkway running twenty feet off the floor around the cave walls, and guards stood with tommy guns looking down.

The double doors swooped outwards, and Stone Fist hoped to catch, if not the guards themselves, then their machine guns which were held out and pointed at him!

OOC Let's see how many he gets. it's a 'luck' roll which means the dice plus his Will of 3. Effort point being used. Target number is 11, and that bags 1 bad guys gun. You get another bad guy at 14, another at 17, another at 20 and so on. Roll 7,7,10. Double 7 (14) plus 7,4 (11)=25 plus 3 Will, 28. All 6 bad guys are tagged, their guns clattered every which way apart from towards Stone Fist and Jade Hood!

The guns go off and the guards sprawl to the side, falling amongst each other! The goons dragging Lara Lamont towards the centre of the room and the large boiling vat turn.

All of a sudden, dozens of guns are trained from all corners of the room on the doorway, and the large man standing in it, defiant!

"WAIT!" bellowed an accented voice.

Baron Bloot strode from around the back of the seven foot high vat, the mans head just about showing over the top. He was as massively muscled as Stone Fist remembered, a leviathan even in this room full of burly aryan henchmen!

He strode forward, his men parting deferentially, till he stood twenty feet or so away from Stone Fist. Nearby, the prone figure of Miss Lamont lay on the floor, guards stood over it. All eyes were on the Baron, and on Stone Fist.

"You hef been a thorn in my side, Amerikaner. You just... refuse... to die! Tell me, why are you here? What hez... " he waved an arm about, "All of zis got to do wiz you?" Stone Fist looked about at the cages filled with dozens of hapless Egyptians, the scientists ready with syringes and clipboards, ready to catalogue failure and the odd success. Further on back in the cave, a huge brazier lit up the place, stoked with the efforts of whipped and beaten men who were guarded by Germans with guns. Stone Fist couldn't be sure, but the remains of what looked to be bodies were in the glowing coals, and the sick sweet smell of burning flesh started to waft over to him.

The Baron grinned. "Too many bodies would raise ze alarm. Zis vay? Much more efficient. I shell suggest it to ze Fuhrer, when ze time is right."

Stone Fist stared at a broken, disheveled figure in the nearest of the cages, some fifty feet from where he was. Agent Chayne was bloodied and beaten, tossed into the cage for experimentation like all the others!

Outside of the room, Jade Hood remained in shadow. He could see past his friend into the room but stayed hidden thus far. So many guns! What could the pair of them do against a small army?

Baron Bloot rolled his neck and popped his knuckles. "I sink..." he said, striding forward "We hef another volunteer to test ze new formula. What say you, Amerikaner?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 24 2012, 02:42

Stone Fist stared at a broken, disheveled figure in the nearest of the cages, some fifty feet from where he was. Agent Chayne was bloodied and beaten, tossed into the cage for experimentation like all the others!

Outside of the room, Jade Hood remained in shadow. He could see past his friend into the room but stayed hidden thus far. So many guns! What could the pair of them do against a small army?

Baron Bloot rolled his neck and popped his knuckles. "I sink..." he said, striding forward "We hef another volunteer to test ze new formula. What say you, Amerikaner?".

"I stink you hef eaten too much sourkraut, Heinie, and your brain ist pickled," Stone Fist said in mockingly bad German accented English. "Let's do this!"

He prepares to go Mano a Mano with Baron Blood.

ooc: Going down swinging and hope to make enough of a distraction for Jade Fist to save our two friends. Let me know who goes first.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jul 24 2012, 10:37

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc: Going down swinging and hope to make enough of a distraction for Jade Fist to save our two friends. Let me know who goes first.[/color]

On the basis that fortune had one favoured the bold, Jade Hood knew that in moments with Blood taking on Stone Fist all eyes would be on them and not on him. It was both the best moment to achieve their aim, but the worst in that even if Stone Fist won, he'd be a sitting duck for the gunmen.

So besides freeing the people, perhaps more importantly Jade Hood needed to provide a means to end this mess once and for all.

OOC:
Ok so once the fight is underway, nice rolls on the doors by the way, Jade Hood will take a good look around, whilst his friend fights on, he'll look for a way to blow this joint sky high, in the manner of all baddie lairs in the best James Bond movie, whilst freeing people from the cages and trying to stop the guards.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:23

The guards - too many for Stone Fist to count without pausing - gave enough room for the huge figure of the Baron and the muscled no less impressive Stone Fist to square up in a circle, with machine guns pointed inwards. Stone Fist was acutely aware that he was bullet proof - but only to a degree!

Meanwhile, with all eyes turned inwards, Jade Hood stole up to the open doors, peered in and chose his moment to move into the room, hoping and praying the shadows would be enough to cover him!

The guards started chanting "Bloot! Bloot! Bloot!" and the big man smiled... His body seemed to swell with muscle, his clothes shredding. Strange new scars were apparent on his body, and his face was a mess of angry scarring down his left hand side.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 7 Baron_bloot

OOC initiative. Baron Bloot (12 Combat Skill, Power Class 2, effort 10/10, Health 22/22 toughness 4, Strength 7, Brawling 2) gets 1,5, total 18. Stone Fist (Combat Skill 9) plus roll 6,8 (14)=23. Stone Fist attacks first. Jade Hood isn't involved in combat so can delay until the other two attract all the attention. You have 5/5 Effort points each. Be sure to add as many as you need to attack, defence, damage and resistance but be aware that the Baron has twice as many as you. You beat him last time, working as a team. This time? We'll see. Jade Hood may wish to use effort points on his stealth check, as effectively he is moving in plain view of a number of guards at some point. Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 25 2012, 07:13

Admin wrote:OOCWe'll see. Jade Hood may wish to use effort points on his stealth check, as effectively he is moving in plain view of a number of guards at some point. Over to you.

OOC: Well we always planned this thread to test out the rules, seems like we're getting tested as well. Looking at BB's stats he is a formidable villain for us both to face, backed by his guards and facing only one of us, it looks like SF is going to get creamed. Although one can never say what dice will do. That being the case...

Jade Hood stole through the area, using all his skill necessary to avoid detection and try and locate some means to turn this fight from being a blood bath. They'd come so far, but right now they stood little chance unless he could find something to use against the Nazi's.

OOC:
1. ok so looking for something that can nicely blow up the place, some valve that can be turned, some full proof way that one I start something it can't be stopped. Otherwise we may end up facing a lot of guards and an angry BB and little else to cover us save our skin.

2. Assume I use effort points sparingly, I need to eek them out if I need them to help Stone Fist as soon as I've set things in motion.

3. If things go badly for Stone Fist the other idea I've had in mind is trying to wake Laura Lamont, her flame based power might also be the other way to turn the tide. But I don't want to make her a target for bullets that might end up ripping her to shreds, hence my reluctance to involve her at this point.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 25 2012, 13:36

Knowing first strike is important, I'm going to put two points into attack, three points into damage. After that, well ... will see Cool
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 25 2012, 21:56

Jade Hood waited for the right opportunity to move. He glanced at his friend then at the prone form of Lara Lamont. Might there be something she could do, especially if the reports of her having superhuman powers were true?

Stone Fist, meanwhile, sized up his foe.

Baron Bloot grinned, but was no dummy. He'd faced this fellow before, and knew how hard he could hit!

OOC Baron Bloot is using Effort Points on Defence/Resistance IF Stone Fist hits (so they cost double).

Stone Fist moved in, pulled his fists back and hurled them in a double fisted punch at his foe!!!

OOC CS9+Brawling 3 + Roll 1,4, 9, 8, 4. Not great (double 4) plus 7,8 (15)=35. Pretty good overall. Baron Bloot has CS12+Brawling 2+ Roll 10,7 (17)=29. He uses 2 Effort points on Defence, getting 10,1. Double 10, adds roll 6,2. Bloots total is 42. He dodges Stone Fists attack, but it cost 4 effort points to do it. Stone Fist lost 2 Effort points from the attack, but the hit never landed, so didn't lose effort from that. Baron Bloot 6/10 Effort, Stone Fist 3/5

With a mighty swing Stone Fist attempts to take Bloots head off! Instead the Baron moves with surprising speed and ducks below the blow! Stone Fist swoops past him and turns, grinding his teeth. Unfortunately Bloot was not taking him lightly this time round - he was in for the fight of his life!

The guards were chanting Bloots name, and cheering him on, all the while transfixed at the battle as Jade Hood moved to the shadows.

OOC I assume 'effort points sparingly' means that you use, what, 2 points on stealth? You recover effort points on a round (or minute of non combat time) that you do not spend them in. Still headscratching over that, but I already decided to make skills more separate from super powers - they will work like Effort points in the revised Lore Knights rules. So a Martial Arts skill of 2 will let you roll an extra 2D10 and pick two dice to use. It makes skills less potent than super powers, but a lucky roll can see them come up with the goods.

Jade Hood is trying to hide in plain sight effectively. His Agility 4 + Thief 4 needs to exceed a target number of 20 - he needs a world class effort (a normal person would need a roll of 19 on 2d10 to succeed at this) but only really needs a roll of 13, because he's an expert. Here we go (with 2 effort points) 6,1,10,3. Looks like they came in handy. A roll of 16 means a total of 24, 2 successes.

Jade Hood not only moves around the crowd and into the shadows, he gets close to the cage where Chayne and a bunch of disheveled looking locals mope, and there's only one guard, looking over to the fight. If he could take that man down without a sound, he might then be able to pick the lock and free the prisoners... he also noticed the machines fed with green liquid from the vat. That liquid look unwholesome. He suspected it was the 'super serum' that had thus far proved 99% lethal to all those that took it! The remaining 1% were super powered, but at what cost? He looked over to the prone form of Lara Lamont, and the freakish form of Baron Bloot.

Then he looked at his friend, Stone Fist. They were all a product, in one way or another, of this serum!

=========

Meanwhile Baron Bloot sized up his foe!

OOC Bloot is using 2 effort to attack, 1 to damage. David (M), want to use Effort points or use the double cost proviso method (i.e. IF I get hit or hurt, use effort point on defense or resistance)? You have 3/5 Effort remaining.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 25 2012, 22:17

Admin wrote:Jade Hood Jade Hood not only moves around the crowd and into the shadows, he gets close to the cage where Chayne and a bunch of disheveled looking locals mope, and there's only one guard, looking over to the fight. If he could take that man down without a sound, he might then be able to pick the lock and free the prisoners... he also noticed the machines fed with green liquid from the vat.

OOC:
Ok need to ask a few questions before I decide what to do.
1. Can I determine if the vat and the liquid can be jammed or used in some way to blow up the place, using the pumps and pressure or anything?
2. You mention that there is only one guard, presumably his attention is on the fight, so might doing anything to the vat need to come after taking him down? In which case I go for the silent batman move of coming up behind and all that sort of thing.
3. You mention the prisoners are all in cages, where is Laura in relation to them? Could I get to her and wake her up without drawing attention from the guards about.

Just out of interest are we in combat time, you mentioned recovering effort points in time I don't spend them - presumably at one per round or something. So on this round/minute I'd have got one back - correct or not?

OK unless you think otherwise at this stage I'll only attack the guard, if doing so will give me greater freedom to do something nasty to the vat. If however doing the vat can be done without alerting attention, I'd rather do that first, before going on the attack as I want to make sure my handy work isn't found until its too late.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 26 2012, 01:03

Meanwhile Baron Bloot sized up his foe!

OOC Bloot is using 2 effort to attack, 1 to damage. David (M), want to use Effort points or use the double cost proviso method (i.e. IF I get hit or hurt, use effort point on defense or resistance)? You have 3/5 Effort remaining.

Can't trade point for point with this guy. Hold my effort points for offense and hope I survive the hits long enough to go back on offense.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 26 2012, 03:10

Ok need to ask a few questions before I decide what to do.
1. Can I determine if the vat and the liquid can be jammed or used in some way to blow up the place, using the pumps and pressure or anything?

The Vat is large, open, and measures about 3m high, 5m across. Kind of like one of those horrible open air sewer treatment vats I pass all the time on the railway cyclops
2. You mention that there is only one guard, presumably his attention is on the fight, so might doing anything to the vat need to come after taking him down? In which case I go for the silent batman move of coming up behind and all that sort of thing.

It would need another 'world class' stealth move to avoid being seen and get to the vat. When I get home in the morning, after watching the kids and an hour or so of sleep, I'll cook up one of my legendary 'maps' (ha, ha) to give you some idea of where things are.

3. You mention the prisoners are all in cages, where is Laura in relation to them? Could I get to her and wake her up without drawing attention from the guards about.

Unfortunately Miss Lamont is in the midst of a whoile bunch of onlooking guards who have formed a circle around the fight. No chance of going unseen. Unless you were invisible...

Just out of interest are we in combat time, you mentioned recovering effort points in time I don't spend them - presumably at one per round or something. So on this round/minute I'd have got one back - correct or not?

Correct. In a combat round where you don't use an effort point, you recover one. Outside of combat, you recover one every miknute that you don't use one.

OK unless you think otherwise at this stage I'll only attack the guard, if doing so will give me greater freedom to do something nasty to the vat. If however doing the vat can be done without alerting attention, I'd rather do that first, before going on the attack as I want to make sure my handy work isn't found until its too late.

You can attempt a takedown on the guard, but it needs to be a KO in one otherwise he'll raise the alarm, perhaps even firing off his weapon. Then the fit will hit the shan, if you take my meaning. I'll leave that to you to decide, as you may need to throw a whole lotta effort in to take down one of these enhanced (though not to superhuman levels) guards. They are the same as you took on before in the grounds of the Cults mansion - and got a kicking from...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 26 2012, 03:20

Baron Bloot comes in, fists flailing at Stone Fist! Though the inferior fighter, the mans strength was truly herculean, perhaps three or four times Stone Fists own!

OOC Bloot has CS12 + Brawling 2 + Roll [2,9] = (11) plus 10,3. Rolled 19, total 33. Stone Fists defense is CS9 + Brawling 3 + Roll [5,10] = (15) total 27. 6 accuracy plus 7 strength plus roll 9,7,3 (16)=29. Stone Fists resistance is Body 4 + Tough Skin 3 + Roll 9,5 (14)=21. He takes 8 damage form the punch putting him on 9/17 Health points. Baron Bloot is on 3/10 Effort points.

Delivering a hail of smacking, hard sounding punches on Stone Fist, the big man grunts and staggers back under the onslaught. Since he'd become superhuman, he'd found few opponents who could stand toe to toe with him. The German was such a man, and he knew he'd have to dredge up reserves from somewhere to beat him! With every resounding punch, the crowd cheered, and bayed for blood!

Bloot duly obliged, lifting Stone Fist from his feet with an uppercut and staggering the american! Still, proud, he stayed on his feet and pulled his fists up in a boxing stance!

OOC Will roll for initiative after Jade Hood acts. Bloot on 3/10 Effort and full Health, Stone Fist on 3/5 and 9/17 health.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 26 2012, 07:43

OOC:
ok look forward to seeing the map. Since Stone Fist is getting the beating of his life, no time to hang about...

Jade felt the blow long before the cheers registered its effectiveness as Stone Fist felt the full force of the Baron's blow. "This is not going well..."
Jade thought to himself as he sized up the guard and moved to take him out, seeking to avoid further detection.

OOC:
Assume I use effort points as needed to do this, so that I can take out the guard silently without him firing the gun and without further detection. After which I will put him safely away and seek to get the vat set for self destruction. Although you've not really made it clear if this is even feesable, am I on a hiding to nothing or is this a solid line of attack?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29 2012, 23:31

OOC Finally off night shifts, but of course the whole kids on holiday thing takes its toll, as I'm sure you know... Anyway, map, try and make sense of it...

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 7 Combat_map_baron_bloot

Jade Hood has 3/5 Effort points, attacking the guard. What, 1 on attack, 2 on damage?

JH is attacking from behind (+2) with surprise (+4) CS 11, Martial arts 7 and roll 5,2,6 (11) for a total of 35. Bad guy has CS9 plus 7,5 (12) for 21. 14 difference plus Strength (3) plus roll 4,2,8,7 (15)=32. Bad guy has Body 3 plus roll 5,2 (7)=10. It's over and out in one swift, nasty, painful move...

"Snick!"

Jade Hood glances about, then drags the prone guard into the shadows, head turned to an unnatural angle and lifeless eyes starting blankly. Jade Hood regretted the loss of any life, but these men had made their choice. There would be nothing to stop them killing all these people in the cages.

No one except Jade Hood and Stone Fist.

The oriental man peered through the dim lighting of the dangling lights from the ceiling at the vat. It was made of wood, thick no doubt, but a solid, well placed kick from the master of kung fu would punch a hole clean into the side, spilling the luminous gunk all over the floor if need be.

He would be seen if he tried it though, there could be no doubt about that...

OOC Jade Hood is on 0/5 Effort...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jul 30 2012, 10:19

Admin wrote:[color=blue]He would be seen if he tried it though, there could be no doubt about that...
OOC Jade Hood is on 0/5 Effort...

OOC:
Ok so it looks as if I go for the vat, then I am going to do a couple of things including cause a commotion, cause myself to be a target and also distract the scene. I was kinda hoping for something a little more destructive than just a spillage.

Ok looks like I'll have to do that, but before I do I will get Cheynne out of the cage and off to one side so at least he might be able to sneak out or raise an alarm or something - assuming I can get him out safely.

Then once he is to one side I'll go for damaging the concoction. However I want to go for a unrepairable leak, not just turning a valve that can be shut off but something low down and awkward that cannot easily be fixed without the liquid draining off etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01 2012, 23:11

OOC Initiative time CS9 Stone Fist + Roll 6,6 (12, double) + 8,8 (16, double) + 8,6 (14) = 51. I suspect he'll go first. Baron Bloot CS12 + Roll 10,1 (11) = 23. Yup, Stone Fist goes first. Bloot is on 3/10 Effort and full Health, Stone Fist on 3/5 and 9/17 health. Stone Fist goes first...

As for Jade Hood, he gets CS11 + Roll 7,1 (Cool = 19. The other two act before Jade Hood goes. That said, his action doesn't have a direct effect (yet) on proceedings in the room.

Jade Hood moved over to the cage and examined the lock on the cage. Whilst it wasn't complex, it was sturdy and might be tricky to open quickly. He glanced behind to see the backs of all those goons with guns. How long before they saw him?

OOC Jade Hood has 0/5 effort. His Agility (4) + Thief (4) + Roll 7,2 (9) = 17. That'll do it.

With a CLICK! the lock opens, and Jade Hood slips his lock pick back into his belt. The barely conscious prisoners shied back in fear, expecting to be dragged out and given a kicking as the others had taken. Chayne stared through a single barely functioning eye, the other closed and swollen. "You... bashtards'll never get nuthin... from me... we got... people on the case... you Nazi rats ain't *cough* gettin' way ... with this!" he spat, then sagged back. He was in truly awful shape, having taken a beating from the imposing Nazi goons!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Aug 02 2012, 01:26

Stone Fist on 3/5 and 9/17 health. Stone Fist goes first...

One effort point to hit, two for damage.

Stone Fist doesn't bother to use any quips. Truth be told, this fight was going to be close, too close for comfort. Even if he won, he still had a room full of gun-toting Nazis to deal with after that. But he had to win first ....
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 02 2012, 06:53

Admin wrote:
Jade Hood "You... bashtards'll never get nuthin... from me... we got... people on the case... you Nazi rats ain't *cough* gettin' way ... with this!" he spat, then sagged back. He was in truly awful shape, having taken a beating from the imposing Nazi goons!

Jade regretted all that Cheyne had gone through, although he no doubt knew the risks, still the man had been through a terrible time. Dragging him carefully off to one side, Jade administered as much basic care as he could manage. But something inside of him was seething. He hated the callous and uncaring attitude of the Nazi's using and abusing people as they saw fit. This abomination had to stop.

So moving carefully back to where the guard was, he stepped up to take him out and sabotage the vat.

OOC:
Ok try and take out the guard, as silently as possible, use an effort point (i'd have regained 1 last round right?) to accuracy if its not needed to damage unless again its not needed. I need to save them for disabling the vat really.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 05 2012, 21:22

OOC yay! Had kids all weekend, and they finally hit the sack. Right, back to business...

Stone Fist attacks Baron Bloot. Bloot uses 1 effort on Defence, 1 effort on Resistance... Stone Fist uses 1 on Attack, 2 on Damage... Here we go...

CS9 + Brawling 3 + Roll 5,2,5 (10, double!) plus 2,6 (8) = 29 attack vs CS12 + Roll 7,7,1 (14, double :( ) plus 10,6 (16) = 42.

Baron Bloot lithely avoids Stone Fists punches, despite that the hero was accurate and fast - Bloot was faster!

OOC Stone Fist actually only got the chance to use 1 effort point so he's on 2/5. Bloot used 1, so he's on 2/10.

Bloot swung back!

OOC he uses 1 effort on attack, 1 on damage. You can decide whether you want to use Effort points for defence and resistance after you see the Barons attack, cause I'm nice like that :)

Baron Bloot CS12 + Brawling 2 + Roll 4,2,4 (8, double) plus 6,9 (15) = 37 attack. Over to you (decide on effort for defence and resistance, if any, and will roll).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next