The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack!

3 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Empty The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack!

Post  Admin Sun May 01 2022, 20:40

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Haunt-title

Mina Harker, red eyes, blood running from ruby red lips, leapt at Haunt and Steeplejack!

Previously, Superheroes Haunt and Steeplejack had teamed up to venture into the past to stop Advent from changing the future with their meddling. The Holy Grail had been stolen from Queen Victorias' vault and the worlds greatest detective Sherlock Holmes had been called in to investigate. Along the way other heroic men and women had been recruited to form a sort of League of Extraordinary Individuals who came and went as they pleased but united to fight a common foe, in this case the thieves of the Grail in the form of Fu Manchu, Professor Moriarty and others.

Having tracked the villains across Europe and battled a former (uneasy) companion in the shape of an enraged Count Dracula the pair find themselves on the roof of a castle with their companions gone except for the dead form of John Carter (of Mars) and Mina Harker, widow of Jonathan Harker who was nemesis to Count Dracula!

The Vampiress was apparently blood crazed and leapt at the heroes!

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Mina

OOC She's way out of her depth here though.

Question before we start. With the 'time dilation' a possibility again seeing as you are back running Haunt/SJ decide if you want that handicap applied to boost those Hero Points at the end in return for things becoming a little... trickier along the way. The modifier can be from 0 (no extra difficulty) to 6 and you get 10HP per extra difficulty whacked on added to the standard award which is doled out at the end. That award then gets given for Role Playing, Achieving the goals, Saving Innocents, Participation and so on.

Haunt could do with a wedge of points if he wants to buy new powers. Your call.

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 02 2022, 10:23

Admin wrote:Question before we start. With the 'time dilation' a possibility again seeing as you are back running Haunt/SJ decide if you want that handicap applied to boost those Hero Points at the end in return for things becoming a little... trickier along the way. The modifier can be from 0 (no extra difficulty) to 6 and you get 10HP per extra difficulty whacked on added to the standard award which is doled out at the end. That award then gets given for Role Playing, Achieving the goals, Saving Innocents, Participation and so on.

Haunt could do with a wedge of points if he wants to buy new powers. Your call.[/i][/color]

OOC: I am happy to go for a grade 6 myself and take the effect as a result. This is a nice way to play us down a bit so the inevitable creep of power gets curbed a bit more.

Steeplejack took a defensive posture, he was angry but was also surprised what had led to this situation. "Mina what happened to you? You were in control of yourself, free from the clutches of the count. Why have you done this, what can you possibly hope to gain?"

OOC: OK lead with martial arts as usual split my dice between attack and defence 3 attack 2 def etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack!

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed May 04 2022, 12:05

ooc: I'll go for Difficulty 4 for the Haunt.

"Where are the others," the Haunt snaps out, "did you kill them?"

The Haunt thought first about trying to just wrap himself around her and holding her, hoping she didn't have the full vampire bag of tricks like turning into a swarm of bats or fog to get out of his hold, but decided to try his Aura of Fear first instead.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 06 2022, 15:46

OOC ok so...

STEEPLEJACK on DIFFICULTY 6
HAUNT on DIFFICULTY 4

Steeplejack wins initiative so gets stuck in with his usual Hong Kong Phooey stuff...

Posted here for my reference...

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Mina-Harker

Steeplejack steps up to the Vampire and delivers blow after blow!

AV14 +3D M arts (2D Acro) + 5d12+0 7,7,1,8,1+0 = 14 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 7,3+0 = 24 (38) vs
AV7 + Modifier 6 + 2D Acro (0D M Arts) + 4d12+0 12,3,2,12+0 = 24 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 3,8+0 = 35 (48) Missed!

Even in a kind of 'Dreamlike State' Mina is fast enough to avoid ALL of Steeplejacks' blows and he feels the 'grip' of time on his limbs again as the strange time dilation effect makes him hit air (OOC though that double had more to do with it)...

Haunt conjures up his most terrifying persona and tries to freeze her in her tracks!

OOC Aura of Fear 10 + 2d12+0 12,10+0 = 22 (32) vs
OV7 + Modifier 4 + 2d12+0 11,2+0 = 13 (24) Success + 4
EV10 +4 (EV14) vs RV8 + Modifier 4 (RV12)=2 RAPs - runs off for 2APs of time (16 seconds which is 4 rounds)

Mina suddenly blinks and shrieks! She changes into a bat and starts to fly off!!!

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #14 with special guest star Steeplejack! Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 06 2022, 18:34

Admin wrote:OOC ok so...

Mina suddenly blinks and shrieks! She changes into a bat and starts to fly off!!!

Nodding to his compatriot Steeplejack checks on their erstwhile companion, and suggests Haunt look for the others but warns of traps.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 06 2022, 19:56

"Will do," The Haunt replies, mentally throwing a fist into the air since it seemed like forever since his favorite attack worked.

Steeple_jackuk wrote:
Admin wrote:OOC ok so...

Nodding to his compatriot Steeplejack checks on their erstwhile companion, and suggests Haunt look for the others but warns of traps.

Sj
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11 2022, 08:47

STEEPLEJACK

Leaping into the air from the castle roof Steeplejack forms his arms out and begins to glide! Though he loses his power to draw on the Earth to heal his wounds Steeplejack could occasionally enjoy the sense of freedom and speed that his ability to glide brought! It drew him to the ground eventually of course and if he wanted he could summon up a lump of earth or a rock to 'fly' on.

He didn't need that though and landed on the castle wall in front of the bat which swerved and fluttered, shape changing into Mina once more perched on the castle wall!

She looked terrified, breathless and turned to look back at the distant Haunt with his fist in the air!

"I need... I need to go! To run!" she said!

Steeplejack took her arms, pinning her with superior strength but mindful to hold her off that she couldn't bite him!

Those blood red eyes looked into his and Steep fought the urge to recoil...

"The blood lust! I don't know what came over me! I... I... was waiting for you with the others then something happened! Watson! Oh no! What have I done? They fled into the castle, unwilling to hurt me whilst I hurt dear old Dr Watson! Oh my! I'm ... I'm a monster!"

She sagged into Steeplejacks' arms and he was acutely aware of hugging a Vampire! yet there was no danger as she sobbed and he realised she was truly repentant for what she'd done!

Sniffling, she added... "A moment before I turned on Watson I saw... I saw a face! Cruel, malevolent! He was handsome yet I felt fear! He wore ancient leather gloves, reinforced with tarnished... no... bloodied metal! They held a plain cup and ... and he said... what did he say... 'The power of the Grail COMPELS you!'" she sniffled. "The next thing I knew I was attacking our friends and I blinked and... I was on the rooftop with you and Mr Carter (Haunt) and... I had attacked.. fed on... Dr Watson! An image of the handsome man in my mind, holding the cup... laughing!"

OOC Steeplejack isn't a detective but is smart. Let's see how he does...

Int 10 + 2d12+0 7,6+0 = 13 (23) vs
OV6 + Unskilled 4 + 2d12+0 6,5+0 = 11 (21) Success +2
EV5 + 2 (EV7) vs RV6 = 4 unskilled (RV10)=FAILED

He can't make much out of what Mina said. Perhaps she was lying, ready to strike? She'd admitted to attacking Dr Watson and the party had fled into the castle. Maybe Haunt has a better idea.

HAUNT

Whilst Steeplejack chased up and caught the fleeing Vampire he opened a hatch that was in the rooftop of the Castle and stepped down into the gloom. haunt couldn't see in the dark better than anyone else but could fashion his head into a pair of 'night vision' goggles casting a green light over everything.

He could switch to thermal imaging goggles and saw the faintest of heat traces mixed with something else - droplets. Blood.

The steps led down to a door which was ajar. Peeking into the darkness beyond he saw it came onto a landing with stout wooden doors off for rooms. The landing ran around a large hall over several levels and, peering over the ledge, he saw those floors had many rooms off each landing. Some five floors lower was the floor of the hall.

OOC Int 8 + Detective 4D + 6d12+0 9,1,1,4,12,2+0 = 21 (29) vs
OV6 + 2d12+0 6,2+0 = 8 (14) Success +5
Ev9 +5 (EV14) vs RV6=8 RAPs. Success.

1) This is an old castle. Like, 8-900 years old
2-3) It's gothic in appearance though sparsely decorated. The period of what hangings there are on the wall suggests a strange mix of eras though with some - Haunt guessed - to be older than the castle though remarkably well preserved.
4-6) This place has been maintained. Running a finger along the balcony reveals little dust. It's cold and old, but has been lived in. There are paintings on the wall of a handsome man at various stages in his life. They are of a man Haunt recognises all too well. Count Dracula. There has been some artistic license with the facial features but the proud nose, cruel eyes and imperious bearing are unmistakeable. There are furrows in the carpets in places suggesting someone heavy has been carried or dragged.
7+) This is one of Count Dracula's castles. Whilst in the same general region as Transylvania - the Counts true home - Haunt deduces that the time travel that saw the Count relive his existence again and boost his abilities far beyond what they were before has found the Vampire expanding his holdings and influence. The villains they chased with the Grail were here somewhere and may have found a way to use it to control the Count but he wasn't here - he'd gone hunting the party. That might well mean they instead have influence over the Counts' 'bride' Mina Harker hence her attack on the party. The 'heavy' person dragged may well be Dr Watson, a man overweight and not in the best of shape but there were several people in the party who could help to move him. If it was Watson - and the signs were it was - he was bleeding heavily from a neck wound! It should be easy to follow the trail with the thermal imaging goggles but Steeplejack might not be able to see so well in the darkness of the castle.

Phew! text wall alert!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 11 2022, 13:02

Admin wrote:STEEPLEJACK
Phew! text wall alert![/i][/color]

[b]OOC:
Thank goodness the wall of blue isn't blue until you post it ;-)

Steeplejack new that Mina had changed when Dracula had gone. And it did make sense that the supernatural forces railed against them could and did influence others around and Mina had been coerced this way before. Moreover, Steeplejack was not about to let her go her own way. Whatever happened here had to end here.

He scooped her up and lept with her in his arms back to where Haunt was, descending after him to catch him up and for them both to decide what happened to the hapless Mina.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 12 2022, 06:41

"I'm can see the blood trail of what I think is Doctor Watson, bleeding heavily," the Haunt told Steeplejack. "So let's follow it while we can and see if we can catch up to our friends."

actions - switching between night vision and IR, follow the trail of blood and other visual clues after our teammates.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 16 2022, 10:00

HAUNT and STEEPLEJACK with MINA HARKER

OOC Huh, forgot the modifier that will dog your every step of the way ('time dilation') so you got a free pass last post!

Nina wasn't resisting and followed Steeplejack and Haunt without complaint as they stepped through the roof hatch down the stairs and into the dark castle. Haunt morphed his head into a crazy 'my head is like a helmet with binoculars' contraption and the trio moved carefully along.

OOC Haunt could easily create a flashlight or similar with his power, perhaps a lantern or something like that for the group to see with

The droplets of blood led around the landing and to the stairs down to the next level. There Haunt saw them continue down the next set of stairs and the next down to the ground floor level.

Whilst this place was filled with antiquities and objects d'art from the ages Dracula had re-lived through (or existed through again at any rate) and many were priceless, they didn't have time to sight see!

Nina suddenly slowed and Steeplejack - behind her - watched her every move.

"There's something here. Something old." she muttered. Then she hissed like a snake and bared her fangs, eyes red, whilst scouring about in the darkness!

The light in here was so dim it was difficult to see and Haunts' IR switched to 'Ultra' (night) vision.

Were... were the walls moving?

OOC Danger Sense 10 + 2d12+0 1,3+0 = 4 (not a fail but bad enough!) (14) vs
OV4 + TD (Time Dilation) 6 + 2d12+0 1,5+0 = 6 (16). FAILED

Steeplejack doesn't see or detect any danger

Still, with Mina looking up and about at the deep/black shadows in the creepy old castle the pair knew something was in here with them!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 16 2022, 14:49

Admin wrote:HAUNT and STEEPLEJACK with MINA HARKER

OOC Danger Sense 10 + 2d12+0 1,3+0 = 4 (not a fail but bad enough!) (14) vs
OV4 + TD (Time Dilation) 6 + 2d12+0 1,5+0 = 6 (16). FAILED

Steeplejack doesn't see or detect any danger

Still, with Mina looking up and about at the deep/black shadows in the creepy old castle the pair knew something was in here with them!

OOC: Oh for those days when my danger sense isn't always on the blink. What is the equivalent of banging the TV set when you get a fuzzy picture for Steeplejack I wonder Laughing

Steeplejack didn't feel he needed to tell Haunt, let alone Mina to be careful, in a place so cloaked in malevolence and evil it would be aplenty. The problem was separating the real threat from tricks and traps. They'd fought hard to get to the grail and stop those bent on using it for their own ends, including Advent. Now so close, the dangers were likely to increase as well, both in craftiness and danger. They couldn't be too careful. Steeplejack was ready, feeling the pull of the earth in the ancient stones about him, he was ready to tear this place apart, regardless of its priceless nature if it meant stopping the fiends behind this whole threat to their own time and country.

OOC: OK I am ready with my earth-moving powers to defend us, or go on the offensive when I get a good idea of the threat we face.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 16 2022, 19:53

The Haunt realizing his companions had stopped moving and were looking around, did the same with his headgear activated. And just to be extra sure, he activated his Aura of Fear leaving those two out of it and only extending it in the radius of the equivalent of the hallway he could see down.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 24 2022, 14:30

HAUNT and STEEPLEJACK with MINA HARKER in ... DRACULAS' CASTLE!

The walls were 'moving'... because of humanoid forms on them, obscured for the most part in the darkness but not from Mina who cried out and pointed!

One of the forms hissed "Trădător!"* and another hissed something else, lost in the hissing...

Haunt didn't mess around activated his Aura of Fear...

OOC Aura of Fear 10 + 2d12+0 12,5+0 = 17 (27) vs
OV4 + 4 Time Dilation (8)
2d12+0 12,9+0 = 21 (29) Failed
2d12+0 1,5+0 = 6 (14) Success 4 rounds
2d12+0 6,5+0 = 11 (19) Success 3 rounds
2d12+0 1,6+0 = 7 (15) Success 4 rounds
2d12+0 11,11+0 = 22 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 12,3+0 = 37 (45) failed
2d12+0 4,4+0 = 8 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 4,9+0 = 21 (29) Failed
2d12+0 12,11+0 = 23 (31) Failed
2d12+0 10,4+0 = 14 (22) Success 2 Rounds

All of a sudden there was shrieking, running, crawling away at speed all around them as eight Vampire thralls reacted differently to Haunts' Fear attack!

Four remained of the eight and they attacked their tormentor!

OOC not before Steeplejack gets a hit in first! REMEMBER you opted for +6 on the Time Dilation 'problem' and that will prevent you from wiping them all out in one go... unless you get a decent roll (perhaps by throwing in all your dice to attack, your call but you have five dice to play with...)

Once that is done the Vampires will attack. Mina is somewhat subdued right now and will attack next round...

*OOC Which means "Traitor" in Romanian/Transylvanian - aimed at Mina obviously, who had been a thrall of Dracula until his demise. And that begs the question - were these wretched creatures no longer 'in thrall'?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 24 2022, 21:06

Admin wrote:HAUNT and STEEPLEJACK with MINA HARKER in ... DRACULAS' CASTLE!

OOC not before Steeplejack gets a hit in first! REMEMBER you opted for +6 on the Time Dilation 'problem' and that will prevent you from wiping them all out in one go... unless you get a decent roll (perhaps by throwing in all your dice to attack, your call but you have five dice to play with...)

Once that is done the Vampires will attack. Mina is somewhat subdued right now and will attack next round...

*OOC Which means "Traitor" in Romanian/Transylvanian - aimed at Mina obviously, who had been a thrall of Dracula until his demise. And that begs the question - were these wretched creatures no longer 'in thrall'?

Steeplejack, used to moving in a blur, could feel the pull of time on him again. He struggled against it, opting to compensate as best he could whilst not sacrificing the devastation he hoped to bring on the vampire thralls.

OOC: OK go with martial arts, and aim for a 3 attack 2 defence please. I'll aim for the nearest one to me for now, and see how we get on.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30 2022, 22:48

OOC Took me ages to get into the swing of things after holiday. Mostly washing and ironing. Endless ... washing... and ironing. Then I had my son stay, then I saw the girlfriend, then I went back to work... To be honest going to work feels like a rest!

anyway...

Steeplejack Dex 14 + 3D M Arts + 5d12+0 12,12,8,5,9+0 = 24 DOUBLE (Boom) plus 2d12+0
10,8+0 = 42 (56) vs
OV7 + Time dilation 6 + 1D Acro (1d m arts) + 3d12+0 6,4,10+0 = 16 (29) Success +9
EV13 + 9 (EV22) vs RV7 + Time 6 (RV13)=9 RAPs. The Vampire is DOWN and OUT!

With a smooth round kick the Vampire screeches and 'explodes' into what seems like buzzing flies! They whirl in a mess then head for the shadows!

That tremendous blow gives the other Vampires pause! Between the fearful white cloaked one and the man who moves like a blur, the Vampires no longer seem sure of their selves or what they can gain from this scenario.

Indeed, one, a man in his forties, balding and like the others with blood red eyes, drops to the floor and rises. "Cine eşti tu? Am crezut că ești pradă, dar... ne-am înșelat. Sunteți mai mult ca... zei!" he says!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 31 2022, 08:24

Admin wrote:[color=#0033ff]OOC Took me ages to get into the swing of things after holiday. Mostly washing and ironing. Endless ... washing... and ironing. Then I had my son stay, then I saw the girlfriend, then I went back to work... To be honest going to work feels like a rest!

Indeed, one, a man in his forties, balding and like the others with blood red eyes, drops to the floor and rises. "Cine eşti tu? Am crezut că ești pradă, dar... ne-am înșelat. Sunteți mai mult ca... zei!" he says!

OOC: [i]Yeah it makes you wonder why you go away sometimes Very Happy But the change is welcome and so is the rest. Besides I can hardly speak as I am going to be incommunicado for a week or so from Saturday bounce

Steeplejack turned to his companion and said, "Is that Romanian? Do you speak languages, I do English in passing but that is about it! But I think they might wish to surrender?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 31 2022, 20:14

ooc: The Haunt will translate, unless he blows his comprehend language roll, which could happen with the time effect. Razz
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 07 2022, 12:09

OOC Apologies for the delay! May was a bust, determined to get back on track in June!

HAUNT

Haunt tips his head to the side. Normally this should be a cinch but with that crazy time dilation thing going on it might be trickier than he thought!

OOC
In terms of language grouping I'd say it wasn't as 'easy' as English to German but somewhere in the middle of German and Swahili which is an 8. So we'll call it a 5.

Comprehend Languages 10 + 2d12+0 5,9+0 = 14 (24) vs
OV5 + Time Dilation 4 + 2d12+0 10,9+0 = 19 (28)
Failed!

Haunt listened but it was as if the words were coming out in a strange order, speeded up, slowed down... argh!

OOC Would have passed (just) if not for the time dilation

The Vampire looks to Haunt and Steeplejack. Steeplejack looks to Haunt who looks... puzzled.

With a shrug and hands wide the Vampire stands there, waiting... and the others remain in the shadows, ready to strike!

Mina comes forward and there are snarls, hisses and Vampires ready to strike!

"I, like you, am the 'get' of Dracula!" she shouts. She bears her throat and for some reason the peasant/Vampire in front moves forward cautiously, then leans in, sniffing.

Haunt and Steeplejack stand ready to strike!

The peasant stands back, then speaks again. "Cine ești și ce faci aici în acest loc blestemat? Ce sa întâmplat cu acea creatură ticăloasă, Dracula?"

Mina turns, confused and looks at Haunt, who tries again.

OOC
Comprehend Languages 10 + 2d12+0 11,11+0 = 22 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 8,11+0 = 41 (51) vs
OV5 + TD 4 + 2d12+0 9,3+0 = 12 (21)
Success +8
Ev10 +8 (18) vs RV5 + 4 (9)=9 RAPs so 30 mins of time
Success!

Suddenly the words drop into place and Haunt breathes a sigh of relief.

"Who are you and what do you here in this accursed place? What happened to that vile creature, Dracula?" had said the peasant.

OOC And now Haunt can speak normally to the Vampire! Dave is away on honeymoon so Steeplejack will be ushered into the background as an NPC.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 08 2022, 20:18

The Haunt translates the words he understood to the others.

"We are searching for something," he tells the vampires, "as well as Dracula. What we are looking for should be here somewhere in this castle."

ooc: Don't mind slowing this down until he returns.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jun 14 2022, 16:50

OOC: 'ok replying from my phone, I'm back sort of but my computer isn't set up yet so writing in my phone to reply. Wedding was amazing as was honeymoon, thanks. Since I'm typing in my phone or doesn't show the formatting options and the code I usually keep in a text file to cut and paste isn't with me, so near with...'

"The grail, were here to take back the Holy Grail, and who be tied anyone who tries to stop us. As did your former master Dracula!". Steeplejack didn't mind emphasising former to make his point.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 14 2022, 21:46

The Haunt supplies translations both ways as needed.

ooc: Always good to hear the wedding and honeymoon were great. I mean, if they sucked that would be huge red flags everywhere! tongue I love you
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19 2022, 22:47

HAUNT and STEEPLEJACK with MINA HARKER in CASTLE DRACULA!

The peasant/Vampire glances to the others in the shadows and frowns. "There is... something. A ... weight lifted from us. Former master. That... that feels right. It feels like there was a voice directing, ordering, demanding us to serve and bring him more people to turn and terrorise the populace. Now?"

"Silence! Silence save that of your beating hearts, which pump the precious blood inside of you!"

The Vampires in the shadows hiss at the words but something else - fear - holds them back. A natural predator at the top of the food chain, Vampires fear little except that which can take away their immortality. Sunlight... a stake through the heart... the two in front of them.

"You are... more. More than human, more even than we are. If you let us pass I will tell you what we know." said the Vampire.

Haunt translated smoothly, completely expert in the language.

"There were others. Something about them compelled us to stay away. They carried a box. An old box, one steeped in evil even greater than the Ma... than Dracula. When we approached, the box was opened and the pain! Ack! Only half of us are left, the rest fled, shrieking even though the sun was still up! They burned up rather than face what was in that box!"

The Grail? Surely. And it seemed it was secured in a box that could contain its power and unleash it when opened. What else might that box do?

"That box..." continued the Vampire. "It felt... evil. It held something in it for a long time that seeped its evil into the box and I think whatever is inside it will also be tainted. The group passed through here and down into the cellars. Down there, it is ancient. The site of some long forgotten tomb. It is why Dracula chose this place. It is steeped in evil. If that box and the thing inside can be joined with the ancient evil of this place and the dark temple, a bad thing will happen."

Mina frowned. "What could possibly...?"

"I do not know, but one of the Vampires who fled was a Professor of history. He was fascinated with this place and spoke in hushed tones about the evil that once was committed here and how it worked like 'ley lines' and radiated outwards. There were legends of a cult that tried to use its power but the Knights of old stopped them. Those people who came through here? They did not feel like good people. They frightened me, and I am cursed, Undead. What have I to fear from anything? Anyone? I am dead already!" he cried.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 20 2022, 13:53

Admin wrote:HAUNT and STEEPLEJACK with MINA HARKER in CASTLE DRACULA!

Mina frowned. "What could possibly...?"

"I do not know, but one of the Vampires who fled was a Professor of history. He was fascinated with this place and spoke in hushed tones about the evil that once was committed here and how it worked like 'ley lines' and radiated outwards. There were legends of a cult that tried to use its power but the Knights of old stopped them. Those people who came through here? They did not feel like good people. They frightened me, and I am cursed, Undead. What have I to fear from anything? Anyone? I am dead already!" he cried.

OOC: Yeah my computer is up and running so just jumping in here whilst I can

Steeplejack frowned looking sideways at his friends as he finished translating the message. He raised an eyebrow, wondering what dangerous foes the Advent and those working them or themselves were being used by some other force at work here.

Though Steeplejack didn't like the thought of leaving the undead, neither did he like the chances of having to 'kill' what remained of these monstrosities. Turning to his friend, he raised the obvious question between them, what now?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 22 2022, 02:59

"Guess we go after the box," the Haunt says with a shrug. "Other ... things can be delayed, I think but if we keep getting sidetracked ..."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 28 2022, 14:39

HAUNT and STEEPLEJACK with MINA HARKER

"It seems odd just leaving them to their own devices." muttered Mina - in English so she hoped the Vampires couldn't understand. "They will terrorise the countryside, possibly create a new vampire wave of death in this part of the country!"

"Still..." she looked at Haunt after he'd spoken. "If we don't stop the villains with the grail and the box all of this will mean very little if they gain the power they are said to seek!"

With that in mind the Vampiress moved cautiously past her 'siblings' and seemed to sense the passing of the grail.

She explained. "Now that I know what the feeling is - of unease, dread, pain even, I can track the grail. Even saying the name of the artefact makes me grimace. What evil has been done to me!" she cries. Shaking her head she straightened her dress and the trio moved through the grand halls of the castle.

Dracula had made the place his home by taking from the castles and great halls of the peoples he had conquered in his 'second life'. Countless riches - paintings, sculptures, furniture, ancient weapons and more - adorned the place and gave the impression that it was a well cared for place to live in.

In truth it was a mausoleum. None of the pictures depicted happy scenes, many were of Dracula himself snarling at the painter and a beautifully woven tapestry depicted thousands of impaled soldiers on a sea of blood.

"This way." said Mina as she stopped at an innocuous side door and opened to... a broom cupboard?

"This can't be right." she muttered.

OOC Danger Sense 10 + 2d12+0 2,5+0 = 7 (17) vs
OV4 + difficulty 6 + 2d12+0 11,4+0 = 15 (25)
Failed

Haunt and Steeplejack were superhumans. Their bodies were conditioned to resist bullets, bombs, heat, cold, radiation... So it was that Mina shivered and held up a hand where frost was forming on it. "What...?" she turned, looking at the heroes. "What's happening?"

The trio were stood in a corridor with not much in the way of light.

About fifty feet away a white 'glow' was approaching... It was getting colder and Mina shivered, hugging herself. "Do you two not feel that?" she gasped!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next