The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Doll

3 posters

Go down

The Living Doll Empty The Living Doll

Post  Foxy DeVille Tue Sep 08 2020, 21:45

Okee doke, here's what I got for my gal this far. Hopefully the math is right...

THE LIVING DOLL

The Living Doll 646ccc7fb46a81290c010e226bb4ace0

Attributes: 218

Dex: 4  Str: 5 Bod: 8
Int: 4  Will: 4  Mind: 3
Infl: 3  Aura: 2  Spirit: 4

Wealth: 9

Skills: 40

Artist (Actor, Dancer): 3*,  Charisma: 3*

Powers: 247

Density Increase: 1, Regeneration: 4*,  Self-Manipulation: 9

Limitations:

Density Increase Always On (-1 FC), Regeneration Power Restriction: Self-Manipulation can not be active (-1 FC)

Advantages: 40

Attractive, Connections: Hollywood (high), Street (low), Familiarity (local gossip, motion picture industry)

Drawbacks: -55

Altered Anatomy, Minor Irrational Attraction to Fame, Limelight, Public Identity, Misc: her body is considered to be made of ferrous metal.

HP: 10

Background:
Character Type: Hero
Alter Ego: Dolores “Dolly” Dahl
Motivation: Thrill of Adventure
Marital Status: Divorced
Group Affiliation: Screen Actors Guild
Height: 5’ 5” without heels
Weight: 256 lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Red (naturally brown)

Powers and Abilities:
 The Living Doll’s body has been largely replaced by robotic parts that are chock full of hand gizmos.

History:
 Born in Springfield, Missouri, Dolores Dahl was nicknamed Dolly as a child. All her life she wanted to be a star but she wasn’t exactly the world’s greatest performer. She was pretty easy on the eyes though so after high school Dolly got a job as a Vegas showgirl.At some point she married a handsome but lowlife crook named Jack. The marriage didn’t last. Over time she made enough connections to get some small parts in movies. Eventually she got her big break as the lead in a sci-fi flick. Dolly became good friends with Herman, the quirky man in charge of special effects. One night tired from a long day of shooting Dolly fell asleep at the wheel and crashed her car. Luckily Herman found her and was able to rebuild her shattered body. How he performed this miracle was revealed when a flying saucer appeared over the set and demanded Herman return home. He was an alien! Dolly used her new abilities to hold them off until Herman decided he didn’t want to cause any more trouble and returned to his home planet. A cameraman caught the whole thing on film, exposing Dolly’s powers to the world. She has used her newfound fame to star in a series of movies under the title The Living Doll.

Description:
 Dolly is an attractive redhead with bombshell curves. She dresses like she’s headed out for a night on the town rather than going on an adventure. There is a somewhat artificial look about her but it doesn’t seem to dissuade any suitors.

Personality:
 Fame and excitement drive Dolly. While some might consider being turned into mostly machine a curse, she has embraced her uniqueness. Her heart belongs to Hollywood and she loves all parts of the movie business. This makes her popular with crews as she never acts better than them. Dolly is generally a good person although she sometimes makes poor decisions, such as her marriage. She has a lot of confidence which is helpful in getting roles and battling villains.
Foxy DeVille
Foxy DeVille
Street Level: Thug
Street Level: Thug

Back to top Go down

The Living Doll Empty Re: The Living Doll

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 08 2020, 21:55

My two cents, throw in a couple of levels of Martial Arts and Weaponry, they add to your chance to hit and defend, if you can afford it.

And don't you just hate how they call the power "Self Manipulation"? The Haunt has it too and it always feel a little weird to say "I'm going to Self Manipulate myself into ...." Razz
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 08 2020, 23:59

This is what I have...

The Living Doll Living-Doll

Couple of things. I added adds to Str and doesn't reduce Dex to Density Increase. No brainer for 3 points. Adding 'always on' to Density Increase didn't change the cost (but would if the add to str and don't reduce Dex weren't applied) so it's not in there but we can assume she weighs twice as much as she should.

With the points you have left I would recommend boosting Dex, int and str (or Density increase) by 1 point and have 2 HP left to start with. Acrobatics and martial Artist would be useful. How about something to do with rusting in the rain/water? Someone with Magnetic Control or a scrapyard magnet would be a real problem for her, but aren't common so 25 points instead of 50 for the Misc Advantage.

Another thing we've been doing is when using Self Manipulation to boost senses with goggles etc it effectively works like a skill for Perception granting extra dice (four in your case if 7AP or more is used). Pretty useful. I must add that to the House rule doc..

Been at work all day but should get chance to have a look at costs for power dice tomorrow. I was thinking cost per die might be set (to say, 50HP) or similar. I'll have a look.

Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 09 2020, 19:54

Don't know if the GM and you want her to exist in our world but there was actually a Golden Age Character who was a Hollywood actress in the comics who started out as a stuntwoman then leading actress. She had lots of acrobatics and master of judo and jujitsu. But she could be someone of your Hollywood crowd you might run into at all the famous restaurants and parties you go to.

The Living Doll Black-28
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down