The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #5 Battle of the Queens!

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #5 Battle of the Queens! - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #5 Battle of the Queens!

Post  smaug Sat Dec 31 2011, 16:58

"Ah" sentinel gasped after a hearty swig of ale "you are quite right what could I possibly offer you? I certainly dont have enough riches for all of your able men, and I hear they are indeed more than able but have you ever fought for all that is good and just...."

Sentinel at this point really was winging it and he could tell by the bored look on the serious woman sat opposite him picking her nails with a knife.

".........er...there comes a time when jewels loose their shine and the thrill has long died, all is left is hope...hope that you'll find the one you have lost, hope that they are still out there"

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW?" She spat as she stabbed the table with her well sharpened knife

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #5 Battle of the Queens! - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #5 Battle of the Queens!

Post  Admin Sun Jan 01 2012, 23:13

OOC Happy new year

From every giant that Frostbite passed as he flew, there was a nod, or grunt, or respect. He'd spent an additional hour briefing the kings and their Captains about the threat of the Dark Queen, the logistic problems and challenges of melding various armies - of humans, elves, dwarves, dragons, giants, hopefully others, into one combined force capable of defeating the ambitions of the evil version of Morgana le Fay. He fended off every question, complaint, concern and request for reward - their freedom and right to choose how they lived would be the reward, and all other problems would be inconsequential if the Dark Queen won.

Finally, having mapped out a route and a time scale, he made it clear that unless the Giants acted, not soon, but now, they would be 'late to the party' and bowing to another power. One who did not respect their strength or right to live as they wished, but instead only took an interest in what their spilt blood could buy her...

As he left the great ice castle, he heard horns blowing, thunder of feet and making preparation - such creatures never moved quietly! War was on everyones' lips. Where the Storm Giant king had made plans for them to bow to the Dark Queen, here was another option - a human no less - who had laid low a mighty warrior with barely a gesture, and humiliated an arrogant monarch who'd sought - doubtless - to curry favour with the new Dark Power at the cost of many giant lives!

"Going somewhere?" called Raspandarr, stood on an icy rock. He shivered, his human form more vulnerable to the elements than his Dragon form. "I know you told me to go find your friend, the armoured fellow, but I figured you'd either be smeared across the floor and I'd be free of my bond to you, or you'd need guidance to the Dragons. In a way, I'm glad you survived - your trick of taking on the most powerful of your potential allies to impress the others won't work with the Dragon Kings. They aren't foolish enough to get into a pissing contest with a mortal who flattened every challenge - regardless of what it was - with raw power. It will be your biggest challenge - getting them on board. I'm happy enough to get you there if you can get me a ringside seat to what happens next. I am, after all, a lowly dragon, and a magically grown one at that! Might even meet my 'good' half there. That'll be interesting..."

=========

Hours passed...

Even Frostbites superhuman form was pushed to its limits as he clung to the back of the great dragon as it soared over mountain and valley. It seemed to be putting all its considerable power and effort into speeding up its flight. It soared, finding air currents and hammering through the sky like an enormous arrow, seeming tireless, which was more than could be said for Frostbite!

He woke with the Dragons hissed words "...up mortal! I... we're in trouble!"

The breathless Dragon had landed, then lowered Frostbite gently to the floor before rearing to its full height in a defensive position over its master! All about, lining the walls and ledges of a valley, were dragons. Dozens of them, of all colours and sizes, many of which dwarfed Raspandarr!

"Now don't do anything rash..." said Raspandarr as a Gold Dragon towered over him and leaned in close. Suddenly the Dragon lunged and grasped Raspandarrs neck in its vast jaws! He squawked, and two other dragons moved forward to restrain his other limbs, forcing the great dragon to the floor! Another gold strode forward, then flowed and shifted form to become a beautiful robed maiden, with golden flowing tresses running down her back!

Her eyes were catlike, but did not affect her great beauty.

She glanced at the restrained Dragon then turned to Frostbite. "We know of you. We have heard of your meeting with the giants. Know this. This... abomination... will die before we speak of cooperation or contest with you. It was created with magic, and is part of the malady that afflicts this land! Make your choice, mortal!"
World War II - The Vanguard Issue #5 Battle of the Queens! - Page 2 Tumblr_kw83mvx_Bf11qaqddyo1_400

Frostbite glanced at his pinned dragon, then at the multitude - too many to easily count - of Dragons surrounding him! Raspandarr merely squawked "Gahk!" as the Gold Dragon clamped on his neck tightened its grip!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 01 2012, 23:34

OOC Edit! Happy new year!

The Pirate Captains around Silver Sentinel each pulled their blades out and advanced, angry!

Sentinel felt something tingle inside him - his power to affect and morph metals? He felt the metal about him - the crude steel, the battered iron, every coin, ear ring and trinket, even belt buckles and fillings in teeth - and knew he could summon it, deform it, reform it into basic shapes, and could do it at a range greater than he'd done before!

The Pirate Queen leaned in, hissing "What do you know???" she spat, anger and fury written across her face! "I know not what trick you have played or to whom you've spoken, but I swear to you, by all the seas and souls that sailed on them, I shall see you gutted like a fish if you play with me! SPEAK! Where is she? WHERE IS SHE?"

'Touchy subject'
said the Dark Power. 'Are you going to toy with her some more or annihalate them all? A single blast with the dark power, centred on yourself, spreading outwards, should encapsulate them all and leave them dried husks. Who needs them anyway? You should turn up to this battle and wipe them all out with a blast, drink in the power and lay the Dark Queen down with the force of your dark majesty!'

"Well?" hissed the Pirate Queen. She sucked in a breath and waved her men off slightly. "Please. Do you know where my sister is?"

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 01 2012, 23:43; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 01 2012, 23:40

Admin wrote:Frostbite glanced at his pinned dragon, then at the multitude - too many to easily count - of Dragons surrounding him! Raspandarr merely squawked "Gahk!" as the Gold Dragon clamped on his neck tightened its grip!

"I cannot believe you would be so stupid. Has aged addled your brains. Did your gold rust and with it dotage took you too?"

Frostbite strode forward, angry more than anything that the arrogance and assumed power seemed to make these dragons unaware of the risk or the reason their problems existed.

This dragon, despite his colour is my friend and companion and you will do me the honour of leaving him be. He was created when I fought and vanquished Mordred. But at the same time the cup, the grail, sought to balance what was wrong and for every right created an opposite wrong. Slay one and one more comes in its place. But worst still, this new darkness, heir to Mordred's aspirations comes not to wipe you out. No that would only force the grail to right the imbalance, no she has found a way to turn you to her own cause.

Frostbite had been slowly turning as he addressed the assembled dragons but returned his unflinching, and frankly angry gaze back to the woman. I am raising an army to fight Morrigan, to stop her so that all free peoples and creatures can continue as they were. But if you do not fight with me and yes with the unlikeliest of allies, then you will be made to bow down to her. I make not this threat, I don't need to. She has already gathered a considerable group of disparate creatures, eager to do her will. So that she might enslave and subjugate all free creatures and peoples of the land. Friends, for I would know you that way, friends, I call you not to fight for the petty causes of humans, or elves. Nor for the rights to land, or wealth. I call you to fight for something greater, your very lives and your freedom and that of your hatchlings, your kin and your future.

If Moriggan is to be stopped it must be that all free beings of this land rise up to draw a line and enforce it so that she is put in her place.

Will you be shamed by the sacrifices of others, who are prepared to go that you might be free? Or honourable, noble Dragon Kin, will you stir your scales and your hearts, your magic and your might, so that you'd be no man's debter and show how the kin of Dragon kind need not be ashamed on this day of battle, this hour of need, that the halls of your ancestors will shout with the roar of those who've gone before you who also called this land their home, and cheer on your acts of honour to keep this land free from every force of tyranny that would bend it so one alone ruled over all?

Words are cheap, go decided what must be done. But release my dragon for we are bound by duty and honour and for him to suffer harm would be for you to suffer harm upon me!

OOC:

Ok not sure what this needed, besides a pretty speech about honour and ancestors and not be anyone's debtor. Anyhoo, I am going to be ready to draw on the dark power if they touch Raspandarr. I'm mighty cheesed off with the way these different creatures go on like everything's fine, then complain when the sky falls on them!!!

So I am trying to be stirring, somewhat blunt, but also calling to mind the values of duty, honour and the good of all. If that doesn't work then I am not sure what I am going to do.

Sure I should have more punctuation in all that but its late.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Jan 02 2012, 17:59

Sentinel not only felt a stronger presents of metals than before he could almost see them with his weary eyes closed it was that precise.

"Huh you were right" Steve said with a whisper. "Im sorry I honestly dont know where she is...... I wasnt even sure the information was correct but Im afraid I wasnt holding any cards you see. Tht truth is I can not afford to pay for you and your five crews services, I and many many others are in need of your help and I fear if we do not succeed then all life may be lost. So all I can offer you if my help and the help of my friends in finding your lost sister in exchange for YOUR help".

"WHY SHOULD WE TRUST YOU" her temper raged again, then as she caught her self clarified through gritted teeth. "How could you and your so called 'friends' find her when no one else could. What makes you so special???"

OOC: Hero points may be needed but its just for show and MOT for combat.

IC: "Thought you would never ask" responded Steve with a slight smirk as he closed his eyes reaching out with his mind to her crew, the unsuspecting cocky men with their cutlass's at the ready, swords of fine metal

SHIGGGG

The cheaply crafted cutlass's were plucked out their unsuspecting hands and whizzed through the stale air towards sentinel who raised his right hand just before the swords hit him and just hovered there.
"So" sentinel continued opening his eyes "where should we start looking for your sister miss?"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:58

The shapeshifted Dragon hissed at Frostbites words, and the dragons about snarled and postured, bearing fangs and tongues, looking for all the world like they were ready to breath fire, acid, freezing cold, gas and who knew what else on Frostbite! He'd only seen depictions of Dragons in books and films, and they weren't far enough from the fantastic creatures that surrounded him!

Still, he had a job to do, and stood firm!

The woman narrowed her eyes, then turned to the Dragon grasping Raspandarr. "Release it!" she ordered. The Dragon looked like it would protest for a second, then did as it was ordered and backed off, bowing its head. The woman/dragon turned to Frostbite. "Know this human. You speak of honour, imply we should do our part, our duty? Why should we do this? We were here before man stained this world, we will be here long after man is a forgotten memory! Your kind know only how to destroy and hate! Is this not so? I say we break this cycle of hate and death, and leave the humans to their war! They will destroy one another, and we dragons will claim that which is left, and rule this world wisely, with peace and honour!"

There were gathered cheers from many dragons, but Raspandarr spoke up. "This 'Dark Queen' will not leave you in peace. Don't you understand? She will wipe out all neutral and good life on this world and find another world to conquer - this mortals!"

The woman snorted with derision. "The nation of Dragons is, and shall remain, unconquered! The Giants are too stupid and slow witted to see through your charlatans tricks, human!"

Raspandarr hissed, but backed off as several Dragons towered over him. He turned to Frostbite "Perhaps... perhaps a demonstration of power is in order. There appear to be..." it looked about "More than a few foolish reptiles round here that cannot see past the end of their snouts - or their own egos!"

Instantly, many of the smaller dragons pulled back, letting the larger dragons, six huge creatures that towered into the air, surround Frostbite and Raspandarr! The woman smiled, then took several steps back. "This is what you wanted isn't it? A chance to show your power, to subdue us, as you did with this creature? We will show you the might and power of a nation united!"

OOC 1d10=10 Frostbite, 1d10=8 Dargons. 1 frame to frosty. Not too useful, but better than immediately being on the receiving end of six huge dragons!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 03 2012, 21:45

Admin wrote:OOC 1d10=10 Frostbite, 1d10=8 Dargons. 1 frame to frosty. Not too useful, but better than immediately being on the receiving end of six huge dragons!

"For a people that ruled wisely and well, you sure seem to be like every other mortal when it comes to proving oneself. Don't say I didn't warn you, whatever happens this day, whoever wins if you don't side with me, you will be slain by that which you know not."

OOC: Ok might as well hold the frame to parry andw what not once I've got sufficient room to breath, I'll go for the dark power blast wide area to get them all in it and I'll select a big burst, if I'm going to do this, might as well do it the only way, even ancient creatures of great wisdom seem to respond, with a huge blast. Assuming that get a bead on me, I'll have to potentially suck up the damage, if not things could go from bad to worse. If I can't suck up the damage (too much) then I'll have to do whatever I need to, to stay in the going. I might as well amp it up, some pyrotechnics never hurt, I'll give the illusion that when I dish out the dark bolt I become a huge gold dragon, its form breaks out of mind and lays about with a huge blast on all sides. Something to impress them - maybe!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:11

OOC We'll make Silver Sentinels metal manipulation grade 2 along the lines of magnetic control, save it affects all kinds of metals, not just ferrous ones. He can mould metal into various basic shapes (no moving parts) and the power has a 20m range, with a metal volume of 1m cubed every action, so to turn an entire tank into a cube of metal would take a few rounds, but doing the most important parts - engine, gun, tracks, sections of armour, he can do with a hand wave. In this case...

There were shouts of alarm as trousers fell down, blades flew through the air, earrings tore from ears, fillings popped from teeth... everything metal within 20m of Silver Sentinel seemed to twitch and obey his command, including coins, jewellery and the nails holding tables together!

"Oops." said Sentinel, looking as the pirates grabbed at trousers, torn ears, scabbards and empty money pouches, staring speechless as the blades and other brick a brack floated inches away from Silver Sentinel!

"Magic!" hissed the woman. "Damn! Lads! This magician needs taking down a peg or..."

"Or?" asked Sentinel, turning the blades in the air to point back at their owners...

One pirate groaned, and a puddle formed at the bottom of a trouser leg...

With another thought everything flew back into place, save the fillings and earrings, and the coins clattered onto the floor. The weapons slotted neatly into scabbards and Sentinel glanced at his hands "That never happened before."

"So" sentinel continued opening his eyes "where should we start looking for your sister miss?"

The pirate queen glanced about, recovered her composure some, and looked Sentinel in the eye. "I was hoping you could tell me, but I'll tell you what. You pull that stunt again, for me, when I want it, and we'll talk about me and my lads helping you out. There's a ..."

"Ma'am!" shouted one of the pirate captains. "We'll take care o our own problems!"

"We tried that! This one's a swine, and make no mistake! Ain't no one here hasn't tried catching the Sea Ghost, and all lost men, pride, money and ships to that accursed vessel!" she barked. She turned to Sentinel. "How are your sea legs, my bonny boy? Forget my sister. She's my problem. I... we... have another. A ship called the Sea Ghost is proving to be unhealthy competition! Her Captain is a cold hearted swine, by all accounts, and he's due fer the chop when I get my hands on him, whoever he is! Closest we get is at the end of a cannonball - this thing never misses! Chops masts in half, slices through oars, and if you push your luck, hits the forecastle every time! I've lost a goodly amount of men and ships to this competitor. It's bad fer business. And an opportunity fer you an yer magic. Can you do your little trick on... cannonballs?"

OOC basically, she's asking for a yes or no on helping her and her men take out a competitor. If it's a no, you'll have to offer something else to pique her interest. If yes, we'll move on a number of hours and get you pirate hunting...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 05 2012, 00:36

Frostbite and Raspandarr found themselves surrounded by creatures (larger than a house!) intent on pulling them apart as a predator might toy with its prey! Everywhere they turned, a great dragon loomed, and towered over them.

Frostbite missed his computer - he imagined the thing relating probabilities and targets, weak spots and making observations about the place where best to strike, and when. Raspandarr instead offered his own insight. "They won't use their breath weapon because it will engulf all of this area, and they are different colours!"

That didn't mean much to Frostbite, but he felt it reasonable to assume that, like Giants, the different colour and slightly different body shapes of the dragons meant they were a slightly different breed or species, much like a dog was a dog, but two dogs could be different by being larger or smaller, or stronger, more or less aggressive, faster, with better hunting instincts and so on.

It all added up to trouble though!

The Dragons appeared to be enjoying themselves, and were at least trying to work in concert, as a team! Their tails lashed out, coiling around like live things, and the Dragons themselves lunged in to take a bite out of Frostbite and his Dragon companion!

OOC Three on each of you. They are working as a team, so darting in when another pulls out. Each bite is an action. After that they deliver another. WC3 for the most part, +20 strength, damage is accuracy x4 points, no upper maximum (things this big would be able to bite cars in half, chew them up, then spit them out and look for something bigger!). It's a 50/50 split for htc/htk with the bite. On Frostbite: 2d10+3+6-17=0 Miss, 2d10+3+6-17=-3 Miss, 2d10+3+6-17=1 Hit (12htk, 12htc), 2d10+3+6-17=5 Hit (20htk, 20htc), 2d10+3+6-17=-1 Miss, 2d10+3+6-17=4 hit (18htk,18 htc). Damage taken after dividers is 3htk/4htc, 5htk, 6htc, 4htk, 6htc. Total 12htk 16htc Any response? Things go much, much worse for Frostbites Dragon though... 2d10+3+6-17=2, 2d10+3+6-17=7, 2d10+3+6-17=7, 2d10+3+6-17=7, 2d10+3+6-17=-4, 2d10+3+6-17=3. No doubles, but the three 7s on accuracy do 72htc 72htk (combined), 14htc, 14htk, and 16htk. 16htc. After dividers that still leaves the Dragon needing to parry (it can only parry two of the attacks as they take an action each) which it tries: Roll of 16 and 17, so the Dragon stays on its feet, but it's a mess. One more round like that and it will be grabbed up, shaken about and tossed as a carcass for picking over later!

Frostbite found his armoured hide up to the task of resisting being eaten! Though tough, his Dragon companion fared less well, and parried the jaws as best it could, not getting a chance to blast with its own breath weapon at its tormentors! Finally it sagged back, torn and bleeding from dozens of tears in its skin, the great jaws leaving scales dented, smashed and torn away as the Dragons toyed with their prey!

OOC Not sure if you feel a need to parry that. You are on 36/48htk and 33/49htc after that mauling, but could take another round like that so long as the rolls stayed lousy. That gives you four frames. You wanted the Dark power - give me a clue (number!) as to how much! There's no Dark power Growth (it's been a long time in hours, since you used it last, so reset to zero) and with Grade 3 Dark power any points you roll are tripled, and effects last 3 rounds. Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 05 2012, 07:46

Admin wrote:OOC Not sure if you feel a need to parry that. You are on 36/48htk and 33/49htc after that mauling, but could take another round like that so long as the rolls stayed lousy. That gives you four frames. You wanted the Dark power - give me a clue (number!) as to how much! There's no Dark power Growth (it's been a long time in hours, since you used it last, so reset to zero) and with Grade 3 Dark power any points you roll are tripled, and effects last 3 rounds. Over to you...

In no way feeling arrogant, Frostbite gritted his teeth as his Ice hard skin took the full brunt of the damage being dealt to him. Seeing how his companion, was not fairing so well, Frostbite didn't have time for niceties. These Dragons meant business, ok but so did he. Gritting his teeth, he called on the dark power, speaking quietly to himself. I warned you...

OOC:

Ok I need enough Dark Power points to blast these dragons something fierce, since they mean business I am going for HTK, since that way I can also get back Dark Power Points and channel that into getting me vigour to survive the next onslaught and healing Rasspandarr.

Ok so I think 8 points ought to do it, with hero points applied to making the roll succeed if need be.

Once I've got the point I aim to do a wide burst attack hitting all dragons around me, something like 60 points for HTK. I don't want to kill them, but I want them to feel my 'bite' as it were.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Jan 05 2012, 10:47

OOC: Its a yes, i'll try to help the pirates after all trust has to be earned.

As for the metal mental magic .....SWEET *cough* apart from the ear rings, ouch my bad. That power upgrade was prob better than the ability to extend sentinels Armour to make shields, weapons etc. Sometimes its better to attempt to disarm opponents than kill them .

IC: "I know what it feels like to lose someone you love.....i too lost a member of my family well two actually." Flashes of the time sentinel opened the badly typed MIA letter refering to his father and the following week when he read the KIA letter teary eyed as he made his packed to advenge them just in time for the announcement on the family wireless.
'England is at war with Germany' as he put down his whiskey and decided to re-enlist.

sentinel looked deeply into the captains eyes
"We'll get your sister back, or I'll die trying you have my word.......oh and the canonballs.....we'll find out your guess is as good as mine, I might die trying" he added jokingly trying to lighten the atmosphere.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Jan 05 2012, 21:06

'How did you know bout her sister, dark prince? Can you read minds of others?'

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 06 2012, 23:26

OOC Dark Power check. Frostys ego of 15 vs Dark power ego of 8. 2d10+15=26 Frostbite, 2d10+8=17 Dark power, 8d10=48 with one ten which adds 1d10=1. Oh well, every little helps... 49x3=147 (if my mental arithmetic is any good). You'll only be able to affect say, three of the dragons, because you'll nail Raspandarr otherwise, and a stiff breeze will push him over at this point. 10 points for the base blast, another 40 points to bump it up to -5dd, wc6, x6 damage, area of 32m costs 30 points, so you spent 80 points for an area effect blast vs dc10. It's not brilliant (actually, its crap, but what did you expect?) 2d10+6+10-17=6 (that's a hit roll of 6 and 1). Dividers are reduced to nothing, each of the three huge dragons takes 36htk (total inflicted is 108htk and you get half back as Dark power points=54. Effectively the blast cost 26 points and leaves you on 121 dark power). I assume you want vigour pretty urgently so another 30 points on 2 frames extra, then 35 points for grade 2 vigour which adds 24 vigour points, 96htk and 120htc. That should give you a nice buffer for what's about to happen... Only a lousy roll stopped you doing more damage, but you have 56 dark power remaining, enough for another reasonable blast against them. Vigour lasts 3 rounds.

Frostbite, angry, gathered the dark power about him. All present, reptilian though they were, gasped as they sensed... something. A power darker, more powerful and terrible than them, summoned to do this mortals will!

His eyes flashed, and Frostbite thrust out his hands! A black sphere shot out, bursting outwards and enveloping three of the great beasts surrounding him! Raspandarr, despite being wounded, shied back - it knew full well the power of its masters wrath!

The dragons screamed in agony, and some fo the dark force seemed to flow across the floor and back into Frostbite! He glowed, flashing brightly, and breathed out, a buffer of force about him that mimicked inhuman durability, and would soak up any damage that would otherwise have harmed him!

The Dragons, though injured, were angry now! fearing to lose face in front of the smaller gathered dragons, they gathered up their breath weapons, and those in the line of fire figured they'd best clear out! Frostbite took his best guess, and guessing from the colour of the dragons, figured he'd be enveloped in fire, gas and acid! He was pretty sure he could take it, but a glance at the ruiend dragon told him one thing for sure - Raspandarr couldn't!

OOC Initiative time 1d10=6 Frostbite, 1d10=7 Dragons. They have 1 frame. two dragons move out of the way and three save their frame to unleash their potent (energy style) breath weapons. You have 4 frames. Raspandarr is in no shape to move. You have 132 htk, 157htc, 56 dark power points, improved vigour for 3 rounds, 15/15 energy, (both for energy blast and field manipulation) 9 hero points remaining and four frames to act.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 06 2012, 23:52

'I am a member of the ruling family of shadow demons, responsible for the lives of billions of subjects. My power is near infinite, as we have spent thousands of years feeding from the misery of humanity's inhumanity to one another, and doling it out to our subjects. I have power you could not imagine mortal, and yet, you shall, eventually, learn to control it. If you live long enough. One of my many talents is the reading of minds. I used it to hunt out traitors.' said the Dark power inside Sentinels mind. 'It still... galls that we never thought to look for traitors in our own palaces. When we were usurped, it... shamed me.'

There was a pause.

'Nonetheless, I see the value of securing allies, though if you really want to defeat your enemies, you should simply hand control of your body over to me and tell anyone you hold dear to stand well back. Around 10-20 miles by your measurements. I promise you, in the scorched earth basin I shall leave, nothing living will exist.'

Sentinel was sobered by the fact that he was host to a creature that had absolutely no qualms whatsoever in destroying millions of creatures! Whatever effect or power he could call on would be dwarfed by the thing inside! It frightened, humbled and reassured him - no matter how bad things got, and sometimes they were terrible, the dark power would offer a final, fateful solution.

But in calling the power forth, he would become something worse than that which they fought against! Could he live with that shame, shock and horror?

"Are you alright?" asked the woman. Sentinel looked up, and smiled weakly, nodding. "Shall we go?"

=========

The wind blew his hair back, salt spray misting his face...

He stood on the forecastle of the Pirate fleet flagship, the 'Maidens Revenge'. The Captain barked her orders to her crew and they snapped to it, a well oiled machine with no weak parts! Each ship had dozens of elite fighting men, warriors with no give in them, and no weakness, save women, booze and gambling. Despite that there would be little profit in a mission of revenge, all could see why it was being undertaken. Their fleet - dozens of ships strong now, and spread out across the horizon, having been joined by others - was by far the biggest on the ocean, far more than any one nation could muster or operate with any efficiency! Essentially they were a nation unto themselves, and villages along the coastline depended on this floating armies custom for survival, so much so that they would fight for the pirates when called on, an effectively doubling the fighting force to thousands!

"How many men do you have?" Sentinel asked over the crash of waves. They'd set out at first light, with Sentinel having slept on a bunk with half a dozen snoring pirates in the same room. The Captains eyes had glittered at him, but her mood was odd. She'd gone to her room alone, and men had given her a wide berth.

Now Merissa was bold, daring and in charge - no one questioned her authority. Her crew was hand picked from the fleet, and all gladly switched vessels to serve her. This 'ghost ship' had been a thorn in all their sides, and whilst the various seafaring nations had seen their opportunity to take advantage of the pirates problem, none of the crew doubted the Pirate Queen, Merissa, would win out in the end, and her list of revenge to exact was long indeed!

"Enough!" she barked as reply, balancing on the rail with a rope in hand, telescope in the other. "Thousands! The legends say I slept with all of them..."

"Me, twice!" laughed one of the men.

"I took pity on you Roberts!" she shouted as reply "But I'll not take pity if you don't put your back into hauling on that rope, swine!"

She stepped down, strode over to Sentinel and admired his armoured form. With a purr she ran a finger down his chest, then smiled. "Let them tell what stories they wish. I've had half a dozen lovers in my life, and two broke my heart. Since then? I let them joke, and play them off against each other, but no man will call me his own, ever! I belong to the sea!"

"Mists! Ahoy!" shouted the lookout.

Merissa's mood changed, and she shouted orders to come about, for the fleet to spread out, and make ready. She turned to Sentinel. "Ever it is how it starts. The fates are good to us! Barely five hours out of port and the blue skies change to cloud, to mist and the creeping cold that signifies the Sea Ghost! The legend makes grown men wet themselves! Pah! It's a formidable ship, and doubtless, aided by magic most powerful. But if it's made of wood, it can be sunk! Mr Drake! Tell the 'Morning Glory' to keep up! I'll have Captain Jorgys head on a spike if he turns tail, damn his hide!"

She turned again to Sentinel. "Are you ready, man of armour and magic? These cannonballs never miss, I hear, and I've heard the take from a dozen good seamen, not the usual drunken babble from men who soil themselves and tale tell 'round the fire! We needs must sink the Sea Ghost, and maybe have a few of her crew for sport! After that? We'll talk about what profit there is in fighting your battle for you. yes, it'll be a case of protecting our livelihood, but what good that if we're all dead? You'll have to come up with a prize better than that, my lively man!"

She laughed, stroked Sentinels cheek and leapt to prow of the ship leaning over the front as she strained to see. "Damned mist..."

It was boiling in, covering the ocean with a white barrier that was unnerving, to say the least!

OOC doing anything special, or shall I get stuck into sinking the pirate ships?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Jan 08 2012, 13:25

'I need you my friend in potentialy my...our greatest hour of need. I cannot try to stop the canon balls if I cant see them. The mist maybe their greatest weapon but lets turn it agaisnt them, I need you to guide me on board that ship, be my eyes and ears get me on board that ship to melt its canons or something.'

"Captain get your ships in as close as you can to that ship as soon as you spot it for we wont last long at range, I'll deal with those canons" and with that he saluted the young captain and launched himself into the salty sea air and waited for the heading of the sea ghost.
"GOOD FISHING" He yelled below

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 09 2012, 20:01

OOC you using the Dark Power to find the ghost ship, or invoking the gods of the sea Razz If it's Dark power, you won't need many points: say 5. 2d10=9 + 1/2 ego (SS needs to use the Dark Power 2 more times by my reckoning to get his full ego - but will check again), 2d10=10+5 Dark power ego. That's a tie, so reroll... 2d10=16 Silver Sentinel, 2d10=11 Dark Power. Silver Sentinel wins (Hero point would have saved him first time round if he'd failed). Comes up with [7,3,3,9,5] = (27) points, enough to buy grade 1 of a sensory power (in this case life sense) for 1 round.

Feeling the Dark Power called up, Sentinel struggled - as he always did - to maintain control, but managed it. He didn't call on the dark power very often, but felt sure that he would become more proficient the next two or three times he did do. Flying through the fog, he sensed nothing but those he was leaving behind on the ship. It really was pea soup thick, and there seemed to be no end to it! Just then he felt something - life! As soon as he detected it, he felt the Dark Power fade away, it's temporary effects fleeting but nonetheless useful.

Flying down towards where he'd sensed the life forms he began to see several shapes loom in the fog....

'Strange!' he thought to himself. There were... he squinted through the gloom ... a number of shapes, half a dozen ships? Still no match for the flotilla that Merissa commanded, but the fog would be a great equaliser - more than that in fact! He looked again...

Then stopped, as he hovered a dozen or so metres over a ship passing underneath in the gloom. On the deck of the ship were skeletons and half rotted men in rags, operating as a conventional crew would, pulling ropes and making ready for battle! There was not a sound to be heard and they operated quickly, efficiently and without complaint! Sentinel saw the ship glide silently past underneath him, and thought for a moment that the skeleton in a long coat and hat at the wheel - probably the captain - looked up in his direction, but he heard no call of alarm!

Merissa and the others faced a fleet of dead ships! No wonder these pirates were unbeatable! They were already dead!

So how and where had he sensed the life form? He squinted through the gloom and found the largest of the undead fleet coming towards him now, the slosh of the waves barely audible. There seemed more skeletons on this ship, and all were armed with weapons, some rusted, others encrusted with barnacles! Sentinel couldn't be sure, but he thought there was someone in colourful clothes at the wheel of the ship, stood out against the grey and brown rags the undead crew wore.

He'd have to get closer - and risk being seen - to make sure he'd found the only living member of this whole undead fleets crew!

OOC Could have sworn Sentinel was on Dark power level 1, will check again. If not he's on 3/5 uses. 2 more and he jumps to level 1 (and if already at level 1, he gets to level 2). Anyway, Sentinel found half a dozen ships crewed by the dead approaching the living fleet. His Dark Power has worn off, but he hasn't been seen yet. Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 09 2012, 22:49

Admin wrote:OOC Initiative time 1d10=6 Frostbite, 1d10=7 Dragons. They have 1 frame. two dragons move out of the way and three save their frame to unleash their potent (energy style) breath weapons. You have 4 frames. Raspandarr is in no shape to move. You have 132 htk, 157htc, 56 dark power points, improved vigour for 3 rounds, 15/15 energy, (both for energy blast and field manipulation) 9 hero points remaining and four frames to act.

OOC: Sorry mate never saw this post and never saw an email update either

Knowing that he had little time to act, if he was going to save Raspandarr's life, Frostbite shoot out a second blast, to follow the second to try and take the wind out of the sails of these dragons, before things went much further. Even if they hurt him, he feared loosing control, then not only they but all around would be in trouble.

Then turning from offence to defence Frostbite used his power over the elements. It might not effect the dragons but it might buy some time. Thrusting his hand out, he used all his power to create an ice wall not to protect himself, but to protect his companion from the moment the oncoming blast struck.

OOC:

Ok so first I will use the first of all, I'll use the power to blast away again at these dragons make them try and loose their concentration.

Then I'll use my Field Manipulation to create a wall of ice to try and protect Raspandarr and even try and get in the way or make myself the bigger target, by making him seem less effective a shot. Whilst I shoot at them I am challenging them so that there is little point in touching Raspandarr and hopefully get big up in their face, so they feel the need to take me down a peg or two.

Either the dice are going to go my way, and this is going to be ok. Or I'll see Raspandarr on the other side.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 10 2012, 00:23

OOC I assume the shield/wall will be at your maximum (5d6 htk) value which will slow down the Dragon Breath some, but lets see what your blast does first. By my reckoning 50 points covers the three targets (32m area) with -2DD, WC3, x3 damage. you attack vs DC 10, which helps, but a decent roll would help more! 2d10+3+10-17=10 accuracy, 30htk. Reduced by (reduced) dividers (4/4) to 15htk per dragon, so you absorb half of that (22 points) back and keep 6 unused for a total of 28 remaining, enough for a blast against one creature. Each dragon has taken 51htk. They certainly know about it, but are massive things. This could get tricky for you, but for your dragon, not sure there's a lot you can do... At least the Ice Wall is reasonable ( 5d6=20 ). They attack against DC10 (area attack) with breath weapon and the ice barrier drops 20htk from the first hit before melting away. Frostys Field manipulation is on 0/15 round 1/5. I will start laying out the graphic again I think, need to dig out the old one rather than do it all again (and it's been several windows reinstalls since then... doh)

Frostbite blasted the dragons again, and the assembled reptiles hissed in concern as the behemoths screamed in pain! That said, they were huge, powerful creatures and Frostbite knew he was in a fight! The three poured fury in the form of their breath weapon on the ice wall protecting the hero and his Dragon, and Frostbite knew he had, at best delayed them!

OOC Three attacks, an action apiece, with x8 damage multiplier, -3dd for each attack. The fire attack is reduced by 15 points from the ice wall, the acid by 20 points and the gas by 30 points (instead of the 20, just because of the different properties vs the solid ice wall). WC3 attack vs DC10 (area). All solid hits! 2d10+3+10-17=9 Fire 36htk, 36htc (reduced to 21htk), 2d10+3+10-17=4 acid 16htk, 16htc (reduced to 0htk and 12htc), 2d10+3+10-17=8 gas 32htk, 32htc (reduced to 2htk). I assume that Frostbite doesn't respond (he has his 'buffer' of extra htc/htk, which kind of acts like a temporary forcefield, soaking up damage before it affects his normal htk/htc). As for Raspandarr...

The ice wall melted away, and Frostbite was engulfed in fire, acid and gas! The pain was much lessened because of the Dark Power, but he heard the strangled cry of the Dragon behind him and turned, only to have his vision obscured by the blinding, stinging gas!

OOC Frostbite is on 109htk, 77htc and 28 Dark power. he still has 15/15 energy blast points, none for his field manipulation for 5 rounds. The Dragons move in with claws, WC3, x2 damage, no maximum, +20 strength bonus split 50/50. Frostys dividers of 4htk and 3htc will help a lot. 2d10+3+6-17=3 (3htk, 4htc after dividers), 2d10+3+6-17=5 (4htk, 5htc), 2d10+3+6-17=1 (2htk, 3htc), 2d10+3+6-17=5 (4htk, 5htc), 2d10+3+6-17=7 (4htk, 5htc), 2d10+3+6-17=4 (3htk, 4htc). Every single one a hit (though no doubles, thankfully). Total of 20htk, 26htc putting Frostbite on 89htk, 51htc. His Htc is looking somewhat reduced. Your Dark power can be used to heal yourself as well, remember... 1d10=9 Frostbite, 1d10=4 Dragons. 3 frames to Frosty

Savaged by a maelstrom of claw attacks, Frostbite staggered back, bumping into the limp form of Raspandarr! He hoped the Dragon would have been resistant to the fire attack, but the acid and gas were another matter! Even Frostbite himself would have been in big trouble had he not called on the Dark Power! With his ice sheath tattered and melted in places, his body sliced by dagger sized claws, and a stinging pain making his eyes weep, he didn't even know if the Dragon behind him was dead! All he knew was that unless he turned this about, he would soon join the Dragon!

OOC Over to you. This one will go down to the wire! Remember these are proud, boastful creatures, so if you get desperate, try anything - it might just work!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 10 2012, 07:20

Admin wrote:OOC Over to you. This one will go down to the wire! Remember these are proud, boastful creatures, so if you get desperate, try anything - it might just work!

OOC: Right calling on the Dark Power again, this time for 10 points, I need more power to blast them since attacking them one at a time with fists or my energy attack isn't going to cut it. As always assume Hero points spent as needed.

Frostbite stung, his anger boiled over but rather than let it get the better of him and he be at its mercy, loosing control to the dark power within, he channelled it, calling on those vast reserves within. This was the time to take even the ancient and proud to task. Frostbite didn't even care if in this battle they didn't fight, he needed them to see however that there are forces at work that can humble even a dragon, such will be their fate if they continue in their obstinacy. With the Dark power at work, he blasted again once again with its powerful force, still seeking to hurt - but only so as to provide a wake up call these creatures so desperately needed.

OOC: Ok with the dark power front and centre, use a it once again to blast away at these dragons, using twice the amount if needed, as I need to end this quickly. What I get back I will need to keep myself on my feet if not to repair the damage to Raspandarr.

If he is killed, I guess its likely his replacement will end up serving the Queen. Which would be a shame.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Jan 11 2012, 07:46

'Screw it' thought sentinel as he headed for where he saw the colourful character silently hovering above the eerie ships
'Why chop up the snake when you can cut off its head'

OOC: Hopefully his person is in charge of this skeleton crew :*) I know he is heavily guarded but if I take him out maybe the undead crew will stop or at least be unorganized making them easier to pick off.......well thats the plan but Im sure its going to go horribly wrong.

I'll try to get the drop on him and grab him from behind rather than blasting him because with my luck it'll turn out to be the missing sister that I would have plasma blasted in the back of the head.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 11 2012, 15:41

Frostbite once more called on the dark power from within - whilst he was powerful, he faced off against a n army of Dragons and wanted to save the dragon he called his companion, friend, even!

OOC +1 Dark Power growth from the last use, so it's 15 ego vs 11 Dark Power ego, 10d10 if you win the contest. 2d10+15=31 Frostbite, 2d10+11=28 Dark Power. Good rolls, though better for the dark Power. No hero point needed. 10d10=45. Not great. No 10s. x3 = 135 points. He had 28 Dark power points, so now has 163. To buy an extra frame costs 15 points, down to 148. To take out those dragons? 10 points for the blast, 30 points for the area effect to cover all three dragons facing you, then bang the power of the blast up by 50 points, and spend another 10 points to use it in a frame (giving him a frame extra to finish them off if need be). Total cost 100 points, and you'll get a stack of that back. WC7, DD-6, x7 damage vs DC10 for the area attack. This will be... messy. 2d10+7+10-17=13 Accuracy. 91 Htk apiece. That will do it. Each had 100htk (they are BIG creatures!) so take 49htk apiece, and give Frostbite 42 Dark Power back.

Frostbite angrily slammed a ball of darkness at his foes, and the three giant dragons shrieked - for a second - before vanishing into ash piles! He turned to the other two huge dragons and thrust a hand at them!

OOC Might as well throw a pile in at them, save some to heal your Dragon. You have 90 points, to blast the two dragons behind would cost too much, so will focus on a single attack. 10 for the blast, +60 to boost it to WC8, DD-7, x8 damage. 2d10+8+6-17=9 accuracy. 72htk, gives 36htk back to Frostbite, which he ploughs into Raspandarr with a touch.

With another blast Frostbite nails another dragon, seriously injuring it and leaving just one huge dragon whilst the smaller Drakes run for cover. The remaining uninjured dragon looks at it's stricken comrade, then at the human who obliterated three others, and restored his stricken companion to consciousness, from the brink of death!

"How...?" it spluttered.

The woman/shapeshifted Dragon calls out "ENOUGH! Enough... damn you human... they were centuries old, wiped out in a heartbeat! You..." she straightened, regaining dignity. "Were defending yourself and your companion. We erred, to our cost. State your request, and I will convene the high Dragon council BUT..." she emphasised "You must stay within the bounds of the anti magic circle to negate your abilities!"

Frostbite heard a chuckle inside. 'Magic? This female is deluded. We do not use magic. Agree to her terms. If they betray you, send your pet dragon running for cover and wipe out their whole nation!'

Frostbite shivered, though not from cold, and saw Raspandarr rise wearily from the savage thrashing he'd taken. He had never stood a chance, despite being a large dragon. Perhaps one on one, but the full fury they'd brought down on Frostbite and his friend showed the Dragons made fearsome foes... or, hopefully, powerful allies! Raspandarr looked about, then at the sorely wounded dragon, then at Frostbite. "I should have warned them" he coughed "But we Dragons are so blinded by our arrogance and superiority that we cannot see the blindingly obvious as far as you are concerned. I don't think they'll underestimate you again..."

OOC State Frostbites request - some Dragons, or all the lot, to fight for him? Or perhaps a promise of aid when called on, or promise not to fight for the Dark Queen. Your call, but we're nearly getting to the time when the two armies will collide...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 11 2012, 19:51

Admin wrote:OOC State Frostbites request - some Dragons, or all the lot, to fight for him? Or perhaps a promise of aid when called on, or promise not to fight for the Dark Queen. Your call, but we're nearly getting to the time when the two armies will collide...

Frostbite gathered himself together, somewhat sickened by the blindness that meant he had to kill, where he would rather have talked. Nodding to the women, he quickly outlined what he wanted them to consider.

"I have show you power, power to humble even the might of dragons. Be in know doubt I could have done much more! But I have no wish to conquer you, for I'd seek you help as allies. I don't to fight you, but alongside you, with all free races to stop Morragan who, equally possessed of power, would not stop. Not stop until she either ruled you, or destroyed you. someone who wouldn't stop until you were either enslaved or destroyed. Go have you discussion, my companion and I await you answer."

Frostbite then went to Raspandarr and floated crossed legged above him waiting quietly.

OOC:

ok that is about the size of it, said my piece lets see what they want to do.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 11 2012, 23:30

Silver Sentinel spied his target and dropped like a missile onto the deck into a crouch, moving to grab the figures arms from behind - they were slim but amazingly strong, and even with his superhuman strength he struggled! The figure whirled about and Sentinel got a shock!

OOC perhaps not so much of a shock - you found Merissas' sister...

The pale features, blood red eyes, fangs, ethereal beauty and supernatural strength told Sentinel he was dealing with no mere mortal woman here! She was raven haired, had strong bones and large fangs!

A vampire!

She hissed, then collapsed into a cloud of mist!

The undead on the ship started to move in on Sentinel and the cloud coalesced into a solid form several metres away.

Sentinel asked the question, before she could order the attack on him!

"Are you Merissas' sister?"

At the mention of the name the Vampire hissed, eyes narrowing, and she snarled. "Sister? She escaped whilst I was food for the monsters who boarded our ship! They toyed with me, kept me human so I could be a source of food! The only means of escape was to jump overboard - into shark infested waters! They would have devoured me in seconds! When I was finally 'turned' only thoughts of revenge on her kept me sane, and in control of my own mind! I 'retired' my sire, and those he sailed with, to gather my own crew!"

She spread her arms wide to gesture at the undead crew.

Amidst all the walking dead her colourful clothing and pale skin stood out... "I feed off the crews we attack... but tell me, mortal - why would you appear from nowhere... to attack a ship crewed by the dead? And how did you happen here? Ware you, mortal... I have only delayed your death because you intrigue me... and because soon I will feast on my sister, and make her my slave! I smell her... coming closer!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Jan 12 2012, 13:31

"Slave? You could break free of this curse and be with your sister again, sailing the seas....free. She never gave up hope of finding you, why would she have spent years searching if she didnt regret what she had done. I beg you there is still human inside you, compassion, love or you wouldnt have spared me if only for a second. Why punish when you can love................believe me i know" sentinel stepped closer, slowly with his hands raised as a symbol of peace (OOC: peace my ass, quick blast ready though if i need a quick exit)

"You can tell them to stand down" he jesterd to the damned crew "or i can help you, free you" to much time was passing sentinel could feel it through the cold steel stair of her eyes

"come with me, see your sister and feel her love. She surely misses you."

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 13 2012, 14:29

Frostbite said his piece and waited. The dragon woman sighed. "We can never live in peace. Why is that? Humankind. You come into our lairs, seeking us whilst we sleep to strike us down and haul away our collected 'treasure' - which to us is our home, bed, symbol of status, nothing more. And yet each piece of gold, silver or jewellry holds a memory for the Dragons and ties us to our past. It is a keepsake, a reminder, and any Dragon can pick up any single coin and recall the memory associated to it. What do humans do? Haul it off to be weighed in and spend it on companionship and liquor, perhaps a house they will never live in, or pay some retainers to make up a small army to help them haul the next dragons hoard away. You see our dilemma? You want us to help those people? What changes for us? We help them live in order that they may survive another day to... how can I put this. I hear it in taverns I frequent in human form. Ah yes 'kill them and take all their stuff'."

The Dragon shook her head and sighed again. "And what choice do we have? You have come here, demonstrated your might and annihilated Dragons with a just reason to hate humans. Gorthank - the Black Dragon you slaughtered, saw his mate and their young slain whilst he was pinned by spikes and hooks through his wings, his muzzle encircled by chains! At least now he knows peace. Yes, I will take your petition to the council - I do not wish to be reduced to a pile of ash. If the only reason to help humans is to allow them to continue to grow in strength and slaughter us, I feel I know the answer already, but I shall return. Wait here."

She turned back "And try not to kill any more dragons."

Frostbite looked about. Most of the Dragons he could see were terrified, and hiding behind cover. He was a hero, someone who laid his life on the line to help others. What was the Dark Power turning him - ever so subtly - into? There never seemed any other way at the moment, and he was tired of the endless killing. Even now he could feel the dark power feeding off the fear and terror of the Dragons, so great it was.

Raspandarr glanced at the human who had, again, saved its life. It was an evil dragon, selfish, happy to lay waste to anything and everything for its own ends, and yet it had been saved again by this demi god. He hated and adored Frostbite for opposing reasons - jealousy of the power he wielded, and adoration knowing that his... another reason to hate him ... his 'master' would fight and slaughter others to keep him alive.

Even so, he felt the humans dark thoughts, and looked at the patches on the floor which had been great, ancient dragons. And even Raspandarr, a living, breathing product of the grail magic, felt something. Shame? It quickly stifled the thought, but a moment later, laid a large scaled hand gently on Frostbites shoulder. The words near stuck in his throat, but he whispered "Thankyou."

=========

The ice was broken - relatively speaking - when a young dragon landed and gently placed an Elk at Frostbites' feet where he sat

She backed away, eyes averted, then hissed "For you." It was a show of obeisance, or fealty. Submission even. "Eat it." said Raspandarr. "You insult them more by ignoring their gift."

Half an hour later the smell of roasting meat filled the air and Raspandarr, in human form, watched the human form of Frostbite pick at meat. All about, the Dragons had closed in, and the human had offered the haunches and choice cuts that remained to the dragons. They'd brought their own food - elk, moose, bear even - but the roasting smell of meat as it turned on the spit had made them salivate. Dark now, the fire glowed on the face of Joseph Rigdon and he reflected on how far he'd come. The Dark Power would seem him through, but he wondered how many more would die before he finally achieved... what - a resetting of the time line? A return to the Status Quo? Would that leave him as a Vigilante in the eyes of British law and at loggerheads with the UKChampions? He thought of Adjutant, Dream Queen, Majestic, Chalice and a myriad number of others in his own time. Would he see them again? Would it be better to somehow defeat the Nazis and mould the world to his own needs, without superhumans? He was that powerful, and so were his friends. Somehow the thought depressed him.

Just then the young dragons, who'd been curled about, contented, in their dozens, pricked up their ears and looked to the dark sky. They hissed in alarm and ran for cover, and even Raspandarr muttered "Oh no."

A vast black shape, bigger than anything living Frostbite had yet seen and flanked by smaller, though still large shapes, landed on the adjacent hillside, shaking the ground. A dragon so huge it dwarfed Frostbite completely, its head peering down through the darkness and the size of a truck, its body the length of a football field. Frostbite glanced about - every dragon still in sight was bowed in obeisance. Even Raspandarr had changed to human form and was bowing.

The creature didn't waste time. It looked at the roasting elk, the dark patches on the floor. All about it dragons circled like satellites, each the size of the great beasts Frostbite had slain and yet still enormous in their own right!

"No. We shall not help you." it said simply, then tensed, as if preparing for a fight!

'Kill it! KILLL ITTTT!' screamed the dark power inside Frostbite. 'Before it kills you!'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next