The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1

Post  Admin Thu Aug 04 2011, 00:10

Sky Eagle
Alias: Jack Hamilton

"Bloody 'ell..." spluttered one of the police officers as the silhouetted figure flew up, the lights from several search beams lighting up the sky behind! He staggered, took a step or two back, and didn't get much encouragement from his fellow officers!

Sky Eagle hoped he'd done the trick - putting the fear of the almighty into police officers might not be the heroic thing to do, but if it kept them alive? Well, he figured he'd be doing the good lords wor...

He had to hold on that thought and tumble away, mid air, as the roof erupted and the behemoth launched itself into the air with a terrific leap that sent it into the night sky!

It was too much for the officer who swooned on the spot whilst his fellow officers dropped their jaws in astonishment at what they were seeing! The pop of a camera flashing rang out, and Sky Eagle wondered if he'd somehow compromised the Justiciar/Vanguard project with his very public showing of superhuman powers!

Still... the Nazi menace was sailing through the air on a downwards trajectory towards a rooftop, heading towards - he assumed - the fountain near St James Park!

He'd gotten the thing out in the open, now it was time to...

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 3 Herald

He threw his hands up to shield his eyes from the glare all of a sudden as a creature - a woman? - appeared in front of him!

"You are... not as in tune with the power you wield inside as your fellow Vanguardians. However, as a courtesy to you I shall deliver the same message I gave to them."

"The devourer is coming."

She said, without any visible means of speech! "You have only limited time to control your powers and use them - either to save yourself, or your race. The choice is yours."

There was a crash some several hundred yards away as the creature smashed through a town house roof. Screams followed in its wake as it disturbed the residents, and somewhere an air raid siren rang out, joined by a number of others!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1

Post  jamat Wed Aug 10 2011, 20:59

Sky Eagle was stunned for a second when the female appeared but had to quickly put what she said tothe back of his mnind.

At the moment the nazi monster was hurting inocent people and he was needed to put the creature down.

With a quick burst of speed he caught up with the monster and barrelled into his back fists extended.

jamat
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 11 2011, 22:12

Sky Eagle

Not sure whether the 'woman' was friend, foe or some kind of trick by the Nazis, Sky Eagle shielded his eyes, scanned the ground and saw what he was after - the smashing of parked cars and the rising columns of smoke, visible even against the night sky, though it was illuminated by searchlights as air raid sirens wailed out. Police bells were heard in the distance, and the whole situation threatened to become even deadlier unless Sky Eagle was able to stop this Nazis' rampage!

Soaring through the air, zipping between the canyons of buildings as he soared metres above the ground, Sky Eagle was shocked at the casual power of the thing he followed, seeing as it barely resembled a man any more. He wondered what had caused the sudden change - from a Nazi metahuman he'd gotten the better of to this!

He saw, a street ahead, another car fly into the air, people screaming inside as they were tossed about like rag dolls!

Then another followed it, slamming into a building and dangling precariously as the creature ran at something approaching forty miles per hour and not stopping when it encountered something solid!

Suddenly that bright light appeared in front of Sky Eagle again and he swerved to avoid the woman as she appeared out of thin air!

"You waste your time with these puny mortals. Do you not realise your entire world is in peril, not just these few?"

Sky Eagle saw behind her the car that had been tossed into the air was heading downwards - he might be able to catch it in time, but then the other car that was jutting from a building also looked ready to fall to the streets below, and a dazed man was at the controls of it! Further mayhem could be heard from down the street!

'Call on the power' said a rasping voice inside Sky Eagle.

The woman twitched, and added "Without control, power is dangerous to all, not just the enemy"

OOC The falling car, car about to fall and the monster are things for you to sort out, and this woman, this 'herald' doesn't want to seem to go away until you get the message! Could she be persuaded to help?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Thu Aug 11 2011, 22:35

Sky Eagle once again swerved passed the glowing woman and headed for the falling car. Gritting his teeth he braced a shoulder under the car and dropped it as carefully as he could to the ground.

Turning to the glowing woman "if you feel all this is so bloody important then do something to stop that monster" He got as close as he could to her and put his face close to hers. With anger and frustration in his voice.

"If you have any shread of compation in you stop him, save life"

Then he turned his anger inwards aiming it fully at the voice in his head " and you, you tell me to feel the power but don't show me how to tap into it, if you want me to believe you are better than the creature insiude that monster then help me to protect the people he is hurting..... Otherwise keep out of my head."
And with that he grabbed a fallen lampost and flew off after the huge nazi

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 12 2011, 20:45

Sky Eagle

The car crumpled as the superhuman flew under it, windows popping and thin metal bending like paper! With a grunt Sky Eagle lowered it to the floor, hard cobbled streets unyielding and crunching the car further into an unrecognisable mess!

Making his way from out underneath it, Sky Eagle yanked the door off and pulled out the occupants - dazed, bruised, but alive. They reacted with fear at his fierce visage, then realised what he'd done...

"You.. you're one o them out the papers!" said the man. The woman, hand to mouth spluttered "We didn't believe it! But now...? Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"What was that thing? Never seen owt like it"

Sky Eagle turned to say his piece to the glowing woman. Strangely enough the man and woman never reacted to the strange sight of the woman floating in the sky, black and red glow of energy about her.

"Save life?" she said. There was a crack behind her and the car embedded in the side of a building started to fall! Sky Eagle didn't wait - he took off but knew he wouldn't be fast enough to catch it!

With a waved hand from the woman the car vanished, placed on the floor a heartbeat later!

She turned to the young hero. "The life is saved. But for what purpose? Such beings do not live long anyway! What was that one life saved in aid of? Will the human be a great man, a healer, a teacher... a tyrant? Meaningless. And you wish me to help you in your struggle against a creature you can defeat with a gesture? Perhaps you are not the one you seek, but I give you this. The enemy you chase has been empowered by that which empowers you, save it is no true symbiosis. The joining will kill him, and in a short space of time. Perhaps... weeks, a month, as you measure it. To separate the two... show it the light..."

Then she vanished! The wail of sirens filled the air, along with the crashing of windows and scream of people as the creature made its way to St James park. Show it the light? It was night time! What light would that be?

The only light anywhere in the city was that of search lights scouring the sky!

The ring of police bells was getting louder now - they would arrive on the scene with the creature, and all hell would break loose!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sun Sep 04 2011, 21:05

The woman unnerved him but Sky Eagle had more impoortant things to do at present. Quickly he flew up to the search light and after the operators had calmed down he commanded them to follow his flight with their binoculars. Once he'd got the monster in the open they were to turn it on him at full power.

With no time to spare and not knowing that they would follow his command he just had to leave it to fate as to whether he would see the dawn again.

Putting the thought out of his mind his military training kicked in and he flow off at great speed towards the rampaging creature. Once he got there he grabbed the monster and held on with all his strength hoping that they would be bathed in light at any moment.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 05 2011, 20:11

Sky Eagle

OOC I'm going to move us along - we'll never get this finished before the war end otherwise Razz

Soaring down to the nearest floodlight on the ground, Sky Eagle winced every time he heard the crash and smash of the distant creature destroying something!

"Blood 'ell Jim! Look at that!"

"Ooo goes there!" bellowed his companion, pulling a rifle around that shook in terrified hands!

"I'm on your side! I'm trying to stop that creature!" argued Sky Eagle.

"Yeah? Who's gonna stop you, mate? Now take that mask off. And hands up! I mean... mask off first!" replied one of the three men manning the searchlight. All were in their forties, too old for the army recruits but ideal for scanning the skies for enemy planes!

Sky Eagle shook his head. "Listen! You can arrest me later, but right now I need that Search Light - and all of you - to help me! We need to shine it on that thing out there... before it destroys all of London!" he rasped, exasperated. The trio heard the distant smashing. "He's right Bob. Listen! That thing... whatever it is, is smashin' the old place up!" said one of the guards. "What good's a light gonna do, and this search light is bloody heavy! It'd need... half a dozen men ta lift it!"

"No, just one." replied Sky Eagle. "All of you... hang onto it! More than ever, your country needs you!"

"Are you one of them... y'know, from the papers? There was sommat about you flying soldiers in the Daily Mirror" asked the third soldier as he and the others held onto the searchlight, wondering how they were going to lift it! The answer was they weren't - Sky Eagle scooped it up, men and all, and called up "Hold on tight! We won't be going far, but we need this to shin on the creature!" With that he took off, grunting with the effort as his wings lifted him, the Searchlight and the three soldiers into the air! Soaring up, above the city streets and down towards the park to a hillock he landed as best he could, though it turned into a stagger thanks to his injuries! "Now get that thing shone... down there!" he said, pointing as trees exploded, marking the path of the Nazi creature!

With that he took to the air and soared down. He saw flashlights of policemen and home guard soldiers as they followed the trail of destruction the creature had made, a path where trees were felled, cars turned over and fires burned!

The creature seemed to sense him flying in and turned at the last second! Catching hold of Sky Eagle, the pair struggled but the mismatch didn't last long! The creature slammed the hero into the floor, throwing up dust and cracking the stones! With a laugh it leered as it leaned in. "You were a fool to come after me! Now I will pluck your wings, little bird!" It leaned in, grabbed Sky Eagle up! The hero replied with a terrific THOCK! and turned the creatures jaw with his fist... only to be backhanded to the floor with a punch that scrambled Sky Eagles senses! Wiping blood from his mouth he struggled to rise... but a pair of fists slammed down from behind to slam him into the floor! Racked with pain, still he wouldn't submit, and swept his leg out to down the creature! It was like kicking a tree - the creatures leg didn't budge! Just then, shots rang out, but the bullets pinged from the Nazis hide to collect on the floor! With a laugh it reached down to scoop Sky Eagle up by the throat, holding him feet off the floor! "The sword!" it rasped. "Where is it?" and squeezed! Gasping for breath Sky Eagle writhed in the creatures grasp, kicking feebly as the life drained from him. "I...urkkkhh..." "What?" growled the creature leaning in, face to face with Sky Eagle. "I... I can show you something better than the sword..." gasped Sky Eagle... "I can show you... THE LIGHT!" he cried.

Just then the flood of a searchlight shone all around the pair, and the creature screamed! It released Sky Eagle and turned to leave, but Sky Eagle held on with all his strength! The Creature oozed smoke from every pore and cried in agony! The light followed the creature as it staggered forwards towards the statue in the park, Sky Eagle dragged behind on its leg as he held on to slow it down. "The... sword!" it rasped... Then it screamed again as what seemed to be a ghastly smoke creature flowed from its chest! The Nazi shrunk dramatically, becoming a disfigured and broken, albeit heavily muscled and scarred, man!

Sky Eagle sagged as the home guard turned up, shouting and waving guns at the pair of them as they lay bathed in the light! Just then, a clear, clipped voice spoke out. "It's alright gentlemen! He's one of ours... but you can take that Nazi trash away!"

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 3 Image1

"Ooo the hell are you?" asked a Policeman, breathless after running up.

"Johnson. Agent of DICE." the newcomer replied, all the while watching the Nazi on the floor. "Be a good fellow and get my friend up would you?" he said of Sky Eagle. "Whilst I sort this blighter out." he pulled a syringe from his pocket and leaned up, but the Policeman leaned over to put a hand on his arm and stop him. "Now just a minute! You can't just..."

"Unless you want me to have everyone from the Police Commissioner downwards sacked for not cooperating with the Ministry of Defence, remove your arm, sir! Or I shall bally well break it!" replied the man. He injected the nazi, who slumped to the floor, and turned to the now sitting Sky Eagle. "Made a bit of a mess there, didn't you old chap?" he said, looking about at the devastation. "Sorry took so long to get here..." He looked about, the sirens filling the air, searchlights flooding the sky and fires burning in the night, with the cries and screams of confused people ringing out and more people pouring out into the streets to see the smashed scenery. "But the traffic was bloody murder!" he added, with a grin, and pat on Sky Eagles' shoulder!

OOC Unless you want to add something, we can wrap this here - there are other things Sky Eagle can be getting on with, and this battle is in 'the past' so to speak, so we need to catch up with the others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Fri Sep 09 2011, 15:59

OOC: loved the ending thanks for a great piece of writing to rap it all up.

I have nothing else to add so please chuck me in at the deep end anywhere you see fit.
Very Happy

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 10 2011, 09:58

OOC Will get you started up again tonight in a new (short) adventures that will hopefully see you join in with the others. How's your schedule for keeping up?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sat Sep 10 2011, 12:59

OOC:I have no holidays planned till Christmas and I should be able to post at least 3 times a week if not more. Work load is intense but I have no new projects to do just manage the ones I have running at the moment so shouldn't be a problem.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3