The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1

Post  jamat Mon Jun 13 2011, 20:29

Sky Eagle watched as the hulking German plummeted towards him. All his muscles tightened up like a spring. At the very last second Sky Eagle flipped backwards prepelling himself off the ship hoping that the monster of a man before him would have little chance to pull out of his dive impact into the vessel and do some damage to both.

As he free falled hw arced under the ship and spreading his wings pulled up and back over the balloon hoping to catch his attacker from behind

jamat
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15 2011, 10:04

Sky Eagle
Alias: Jack Hamilton

OOC Before I post the update, just wanted to ask how active you'll be on here - I fully understand (better than most!) the demands of work and real life vs time to sit down at a keyboard, but if you can only post once a month the rest of the team will be in a different timeline (probably at the end of the war!) by the time we finish this scrap!

Sky Eagle tried to dodge clear of the Nazis blow (OOC roll of 3 on 1d6, plus Dodge Mod (0) - WC of foe (2) means a dodge roll of just 1. That reduces his accuracy from 5 to 4, so damage is reduced to 6htc after dividers) but gets tagged, sending him sliding back across the slippery surface of the balloon. London passes below the clouds which race by thanks to General Wynns influence, and Sky Eagle fights to stay in place, flapping his wings to steady himself!

OOC As your dodge/move didn't work, I'll assume you go for a straight punch... Roll of 14, +WC (2), +Strike (1) +DC of foe (6)=23, -17 (number to exceed) = 6 accuracy. Add damage from punch (6) and strength (17) for 29htc. Reduces to 7htc after the Nazis dividers.

Rubbing his chin, the Nazi laughed. "Nice punch, but you are merely slowing me down, freak! Despite this infernal weather we will soon be over our target! Then whatever you do means nothing!" he laughed, maniacally, shaking his fist (OOC as they tend to do in the comic books Smile )

Sky Eagle glanced about. His team mates were nowhere to be seen! Unless he made a decisive blow to take this Nazi out and then turn the airship about, they would soon get to their destination... then what?

OOC Initiative 3 Good Guys, 8 bad. He has 3 frames on you... Punching with all three... 1d20+2+6-17=8, 1d20+2+6-17=-2, 1d20+2+6-17=-3. The negative scores are misses, as a zero would be. The positive number ( 8 ) hits, doing another 7htc (after dividers) to Sky Eagle. He can take this all day - but the problem is, he doesn't have all day! The Airship gets closer to its target... You have four frames...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Wed Jun 15 2011, 20:50

(ooc: I will bwe able to post more often 2 to 3 times a week if not more.... I apologize for the gap but I have been designing a dental hopsital and it starts on site next month ... I've now got over the hump of thework so have a lot more free time)

Sky Eagle looked round to see if there was anything he could use to actually damage the monster then he suddenly smiled and running directly at him he grappled the monster at the same time he beat his wings as hard as he could. Putting all his strength into it he attempted to push the man over the edge and into one of the ships engines.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17 2011, 12:01

Sky Eagle

Sky Eagle leapt at his foe, attempting to grapple him!

OOC Roll of 15 hits, grabbed with one arm... Roll of 18 grabs with a second.

Wrapping arms around his foe, he saw the big man smile. "You do not vish to do zat!" he spat, reeking of garlic. "I hef had metal plate put in head! My head butt is...vat are you doing? My controls! I cannot..."

Sky Eagle had leapt up with the struggling Nazi, finding even his superhuman strength tested to its limits! Still, he didn't need to hold on long! He flew towards one of the great whirring propellers and let go of his enemy, who flailed in the air before there was a VIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! sound and BANG!

The propeller and engine were destroyed, and Sky Eagle shielded himself as fragments flew past him. He turned to see a bloodied pulped mess tumbling towards the streets of London far below!

He could either follow the Nazi down, make sure he was dead, or make his way into the airship and try to stop it somehow. He had the most awful feeling that they intended to bomb London!

=========

Eruption broke through the clouds from above, his hopeless turning circle meaning that the simplest manoeuvres were a challenge!

He saw the remnants of an engine/propeller spin away as fragments, smoking and ruined, whilst Sky Eagle hovered above the body of the airship, then he realised he was on a collision course! "Look out!" He bellowed, and strained to turn away from ramming into the airship...

OOC The Nazi has been churned up but might still be alive, depending on how tough he is. The Airship is getting nearer to the vicinity of the Houses of Parliament and the centre of London... stop the Nazi, the airship, or do something about Eruption?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Fri Jun 17 2011, 14:47

Sky Eagle watched the bloody mess fall away towards the ground and his thoughts were on whether to follow and make sure he was dead but suddenly he was brought back to the present by the shout from Eruption.

Looking in that direstion he realized he'd not be able to move fast enough to get out of the way but perhaps it could be used to his advantage. Using all his knowledge in flying her quickly calculated angles and speeds and positioned himself in front of the approaching superhero in such a way that the impact would catapult Eruption into the airship and hopefully that impact would destroy the thing or at least damage it so badly it would not be able to finish its mission.

Gritting his teeth he knew that even with enhanced strength and tough skin he was probably going to be in a world of hurt after this but it was a price worth paying if it saved the lives of innocent men, women and childern of London.

His last thought as Eruption came speeding on was if he survived he was go down and make sure that Nazi monster was really dead.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19 2011, 02:03

Sky Eagle

"Wait! What are you... GET OUT OF THE..."

THUD!

Sky Eagles move was spot on, but there was a fiery explosion as the pair collided and Sky Eagle felt himself engulfed in flames and falling!

He almost blacked out, feeling as if his chest and ribs were about to explode, and his feathers were on fire! Tumbling through the sky he flapped furiously, levelled, then flew up. He was bruised and singed, but alive. He saw the fiery trail of smoke from Eruption point down, deflect from where Sky Eagle had been, and slam directly into, and through, the airship!

A fraction of a second later there was a colossal explosion! The fireball and shock wave sent Sky Eagle tumbling through the air as fiery debris rained down! Whilst Eruptions impact would have caused some kind of explosion, the bags in the Zeppelin were compartmented, so as to avoid the tragedy that befell the Hindenburg. That meant it must have been carrying an explosive payload, and planned to drop bombs with pinpoint accuracy on London, from so high up the AA guns and planes couldn't intercept them!

Recovering his senses, Sky Eagle flew upwards, enough to catch and throw a large piece of metal framework. The sky was lit up like a giant mushrooming firework had gone off, and the debris would smash into London far below. He looked down... and gave a sigh of relief! He was over the Thames, at least partially. Most of the burning wreckage would splash harmlessly into the river.

As he hovered in the high winds Sky Eagle scanned about for Eruption, but found no sign. He heard a voice call out from the distance though.. "Sky Eagle!" He turned, and saw British Bombshell swooping about, targeting the largest lumps of debris and setting off explosions in the gaps inside the mass of the wreckage. They exploded, scattering the big pieces and making them safe. She didn't need to say anything - there wasn't any sign of Eruption. Had he survived the collision and subsequent explosion?

=========

He crawled from the river, onto the bank. Looking up he saw searchlights probe the sky, and then saw the huge explosion!

With a curse the Nazi Metahuman probed his face with some discomfort. Charred! He growled, winced in pain, and checked the rocket pack. Smashed! Never mind. He would proceed on foot to the place he was targeting.

=========

Sky Eagle scoured the landscape below.

Admiralty House, Whitehall, Downing Street, Westminster Abbey and a short run up the Mall or Birdcage Walk led to Buckingham Palace! One of these places must surely have been the target in what was an obvious and deliberate attempt to take out a vital landmark and deal a blow to the countries morale! So obvious an attack would have left plenty of time for the Royals, all the Cabinet staff and any civilians in the area to make for cover, meaning the damage done would be a gesture, something of a waste given the loss of so great an airship! Was that all the Nazis were there for? Was there anything down there in any of those places of value?

'People' said the growling voice inside. 'Those places have people in them. Ultimately worthless - people can be replaced, even great ones. The Nazis are many things - but clumsy and stupid they are not. The mission they undertook was to seal some objective. Perhaps as a gesture to destroy bricks and mortar? Possibly. Or perhaps something else? Maybe something they believed had greater value, and the bombing run was a decoy? The enemy you let escape would know...'

Escape?!?! Why that Nazi fell to his death after being chewed up by... didn't he?

OOC One of the places I mentioned is the destination for the nazi. Might be all guesswork at the minute as to which place, but I'll try and drop clues if you need them. Eruption is nowhere to be found, and British Bombshell is busy dealing with the falling debris.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Tue Jun 21 2011, 20:29

Sky Eagle racked his brain as he traveled round London, Buckingham Palace was a possibility, while Whitehall and Downing Street were only site that would be targets for a bombing run.... Suddenly he stopped and hovering he looked off towards Westminster Abbey.... He remembered the Nazi machine and especially Hitler was into the Occult and where better to find some religous item of great power.

Spinning in air he headed at full speed towards the Abbey. As he came up to the entrance he landed and strode towards the large timber iron shod doors, pushing them open he walked into the cool interior of the old building.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 22 2011, 01:28

Sky Eagle

As the door creaked open, Sky Eagle paused. With the air raid sirens still going, the lights were, of course, all out, but he could still see a prone form in the darkness. He knelt, feeling for a pulse on the priest, but knowing he'd find none. Rising, he looked about. It was a huge place. He'd guessed right - the Nazi was here, and probably after some ancient artifact. After all, Hitler was obsessed with the occult and symbols of power, and used every weapon at his disposal to gain an advantage in the war.

Sky Eagle had to admit, the man was pure evil, but thus far effective! Hopefully he and others like him could change that...

=========

He heard the main doors open and paused, listening.

The scarred Nazi narrowed his eyes, trying to control his rasping breath. Suddenly he turned, and saw a dark shadowy form stand in a doorway - that hadn't been there a moment before! He raised a fist, but the voice rasped out 'I can help you! Let me join with you and give you the power to defeat your enemy, but do it quickly! This place burns!'

The Nazi turned, looking at the distant freakish superhuman that had proven effective in stopping his scheme so far. He looked back at the shadow creature, then shrugged. he was injured, and probably no match for the eagle headed man. Why not then join with the shadow! He started to speak, having made his decision, but instead screamed!

=========

Sky Eagle looked up at the scream!

It was too dark to see anything clearly, but he knew the Nazi was watching him in all probability, maybe from the rafters? He narrowed his eyes. Still nothing. The place was intensely dark, perhaps unnaturally so!

'Evil lurks here. The shadows darken' said the cryptic voice in his head...

OOC Does Sky Eagle start looking around the place, or head straight for where he expects the crypts to be? That's the most likely resting place of ancient artefacts. There is of course the small matter of the Nazi to consider...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Wed Jun 22 2011, 10:49

Sky Eagle strained to hear if the beast was in the main area of the church, he wasn’t a religious man but he didn’t want to bring the place down if it came to a fight if he could help it but then what was one building compared to whatever the nazi was looking for falling into Hitler’s hands.

He heard the voice in his head give him a warning about evil and got the feeling it was not referring to the German suddenly a cold shiver went up his spine and he quickly looked up to make sure he wasn’t standing in the middle of an attack from above.

He was pretty sure that in their last battle he’d destroyed the German’s back pack which meant he had a bit of an advantage in such an open space but he was concerned about having to fight such a brute in the crypts.

There was no time to worry about it, as a captain of men he was well versed in going with the flow of battle and adapting as the needs must.

With that he beat his wings and shot up into the air feeling the air around him for any slight vibrations that would indicate an incoming attack.

With great speed but also utmost care he flew up through the rafters and headed for the crypt entrance.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 23 2011, 01:44

Sky Eagle

From above, Sky Eagle could see the shadowy cathedrals interior better, but it was still too dark to make out details. He soared about, finding the confines hard to turn in, but noticed movement coming from behind the pulpit, where a door led to the back of the church, and possibly to its depths where the crypts might be accessed. Someone was coming!

With his hairs standing on end, bracing himself for a fight, he knew that he would have to get every advantage he could over his merciless Nazi foe if he got the chance!

OOC You are about 80' up (Not sure how high the roof is, but probably higher than 100') looking down and see a figure moving near the pulpit. It's too dark to make out details.

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 2 Cathedral

OOC not shown on the map (because it doesn't exist 'in real life' I expect) is a side room near the lady chapel with stairs leading down into the crypts/cellars. Sky Eagle came in through the west door, which is where the unfortunate priest met his end.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sat Jun 25 2011, 23:15

Realizing time was of the essence Sky Eagle wheeled round and dropped towards where he had noticed the figure. He landed lightly on the ground and moved over towards the door.

He took a moment to catch his breath and listen for any sounds from within the unssen room beyond.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 26 2011, 00:37

Sky Eagle

Sky Eagle soared down, only to be seen by the startled figure!

"My word!" spluttered a young Priest as he looked, terrified, as the bizarre figure landed near to the crypt/cellar entrance. "There's a monstrous man who killed the Bishop! I saw it! He then killed Father Claude! I was so frightened... I hid as he passed... I prayed to god for aid... tell me... are you an angel?"

OOC Presumably Sky Eagle answers

"The man was a horror! He was covered in blood, scarred, a giant of a fellow, all muscle and rage! He wanted the key to the crypt and information on an old tomb... the Bishop didn't understand why the man wanted it, and died for it! The man... I think he was German? He smashed through the door anyway. There's lots of tombs down there, so it will take a while to find the tomb of Sir Lara... wait! You..." he put a hand to his mouth. "Your appearance... are you... are you like him? A Nazi?" he looked aghast, and pulled out his crucifix! "Begone devil!" he hissed, though his knees were trembling and face white!

Whatever the Nazi was looking for down there would certainly be useful to the man! If he got to it before Sky Eagle did...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sun Jun 26 2011, 13:45

As Sky Eagle landed he was a little surprised to see a young priest creeping out of hiding but upon hearing the man's words he felt sorrow for what he had seen.

In a gentle voice with his hands out stretched " I am no angle my friend but I am here to help. You say the monster is in the crypts but doesn't know which one he is looking for."

He gently put his hand on the young man's shoulder and lifted his head to meet his gaze. " I have very little time, whatever this thing is after is something Hilter hopes to use against the allies I must stop him from getting it or destroy it so no one can use it for evil. Please help me so that your bishop did not die in vain. Tell me which crypt he is after and how to get their as quickly as I can."

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 26 2011, 23:31

Sky Eagle

The young priest was terrified, but could see that Sky Eagle was unlike the other man, despite his outlandish appearance. "The newspapers... they printed blurred photographs, saying that 'Gods walked among us!'. I didn't believe it then, but now?"

With tears in his eyes he sagged down against a wall. "Now, I don't know what to believe. A man came in here tonight and killed two of the men I work with, friends, with his bare hands. And for what?" He looked up at Sky Eagle. "It doesn't matter if I tell you now. In the lowest part of the tombs, at the far end, is an old door, locked for years. I went down there... I wasn't supposed to, but I was curious. In the oldest part of the abbey crypts there are tombs where the names have faded. One hasn't quite faded though. The tomb of Sir Tristan, the fallen Knight of Lore. I looked up his story. There was an ancient order of knights known as the Lore Knights who rode across the land righting wrongs in the name of the King and of Justice. They wielded, supposedly, the swords of Wayland, and none could stand against them. Sir Tristan was such a Knight, so the legend goes, but he was bewitched by a beautiful enchantress and betrayed his order, his friends, and his King. When he came to his senses he realised what he'd done and ran his own sword through himself and his lover, thus saving the land. He was buried here, the disgraced Knight. The sword is said to be located elsewhere, still embedded in the remains of the Enchantress. In the tomb of St Tristan his shield, engraved to tell the tale of his fall that others might know the folly of love, gives some clue as to the whereabouts of the sword and witch. That's all I know. I was reprimanded for going down there and never got a chance to see if the tale was true, and the shield bore the tale of the Knights fall."

Sky Eagle pondered for a moment. It made for a sad tale, but why would the Nazis mount such a daring - and ultimately suicidal - raid on the basis of a legend? Unless, of course, there was some truth in it. But then what? They were after a sword?

The priest stood, wiping his tears away. "I will contact the police. The Nazi is down there. I shouldn't say this, but for what he did to my brother clergymen, he deserves to die."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Fri Jul 01 2011, 21:06

Sky Eagle watched and waited until the young priest had left the abbey before he moved towards the alter and picked up one of the large candle stick holders. It had a weighted base and he felt it could do some serious damge with his enhanced strength behind it.

He then turned and moved over to the entranc eof the crypt. He though for a minute to make sure he could remember the directions the priest had given him then folding his wings round him he moved stealthily into the darkness

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 02 2011, 23:16

Sky Eagle

OOC Arrggh. Spent ages typing out a reply, clicked send and got something about the server closing the connection before message sent? Nnngh. Oh well, here we go again.

Sky Eagle crept into the darkness. It was pitch black down here! He bumped into something hard, considered swinging at it, then felt its corners, finding it was a tomb. The going would be painfully slow - and dangerous - if he blundered about in the dark! He turned, as if to consider going back up the stairs and finding a light, when he saw a light coming down the stairs! Instantly on guard he sighed as he saw the priest returning with a lit candle and handful of others, plus matches. "Having been down here before I know how dark the place is. Despite your... uh... abilities ... I wondered if you might want light?" He looked about fearfully. "But beware! If you use the candle the Nazi might see you!"

=========

At that moment the Nazi had other things on his mind.

With his skin burning like it had been stung by a thousand wasps, he angrily tossed the lid to a tomb aside, hearing it BOOM! through the darkness! Glancing at his hands, and the new found power therein, he grinned, but the smile soon left his face when the reality of the situation - that being in this place was causing him actual physical harm - sprang to the fore again. "What have you done to me?" he hissed, referring to the shadow creature he'd joined with. 'Nothing ever comes for free, mortal! A trade off to my amplifying your power is that we cannot stand these places for long! Find what you came for then let us leave, and wreak havoc through this city, to savour their terror!'

That cheered the Nazi up. He continued his efforts, looking for a sword in the tombs.

=========

"Do you suppose that the Nazi is looking for the Shield?" asked the priest.

Sky Eagle considered it. If the Nazi were able to find the shield first, read the inscription and get the clue, he might smash it or ruin it so no other could find the fabled weapon! That made it doubly as important that he find the man and stop him! He looked at the candle then into the darkness of the crypts.

OOC Sky Eagle just has to choose whether to use the light or blunder into the darkness. Either way, the priest will take his leave.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Tue Jul 05 2011, 20:17

"Its possible he wants the shield but we maybe totally off target and he's looking for something else I'll just have to go down there and find out." He smiled at the young priest "Get your good self out of here I don't wish to have your death on my hands if this all goes wrong."

He took a deep breath and as he took the lit candle off the man of god "Maybe say a prayer for me if you will ....... but for now I'd be happy for you to go to the MoD and tell them everything you have seen and tell them about me say I may need some serious back up and quickly.... It was good to meet you and I hope we both live through this trying time."

With that he stepped into the dark with only the light to show his way.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 05 2011, 20:57

Sky Eagle

Sky Eagle held the candle up, making his way down the stairs and into the crypt. Tombs were of stone, some of them ornate, whilst others were holes in the walls with ancient wooden doors sealing in the departed. The room was wide, long, and supporting stone columns held up the floor above. Towards the far end of the crypt the room narrowed to a stone door, which was ajar.

Taking a deep breath he walked through the room, being as quiet and stealthy as possible...

=========

The Nazi turned...

'You have company' snarled the inner voice.

By now the skin irritation was immense, and he knew that there was something magical down here. It HAD to be the sword!

Glancing to where the light cast shadows through the doorway, the Nazi considered his options....

=========

Sky Eagle moved up to the open door...

He couldn't hear a sound, whereas before there'd been much crashing and bashing about. He'd passed several tombs with the lids disturbed or simply cast aside, as if made of paper! Inside had been bones, dust, rags and the remnants of personal possessions, of no value to anyone save the dead. Inside the section he approached though were the oldest tombs, and he was sure he would find the shield if the Priests information was correct. He also hoped the Priest would hurry to the nearest phone or policeman and raise the alarm!

Only feet away from the open door, the candle spluttered, so he shielded it slightly, fanning it gently back to life.

He could only see a few feet into the old crypt, and already noted there were footprints in the dust...

He listened, straining, but could only hear the sound of his own heart hammering!

OOC In? Out? Got any tricks up your sleeve? The Nazis in there, you know it. He knows you're out here...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sun Jul 10 2011, 12:32

Sky Eagle heard the voice in his head again and with a grim smile on his face, Thanks for stating the obvious, now how about telling me how to defeat this monster.... He waited for a second but got no answer.... Didn't think so... unless you are here to help let me get my butt kicked my own way....

WIth that he know that if he had to move fast he'd loss the use of the light so he took a breath and blow it out standing to the side of the door to allow his eyes to become accustomed to the dark. At the same time he calmed his breathing and listened for any sound of his target.

He still had a niggling feeling he was wrong about something was it the code to find the location of the sword by getting the shield or was there soemthing else the Nazi was looking for? he put the thought to the back of his mind and softly swirled his wings back and forward until he was hovering off the ground. As quietly as possible he swept into the room and hugged the ceiling as close as he could without compromising his movements still holding the large candle stick in both hands as a club.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 11 2011, 19:32

Sky Eagle

The Englishman darted through the door and up to the ceiling, grunting as he scraped his wings on rough hewn rock! Behind him, below, he heard a battle cry and a great CRASH! as stone smashed under superhuman fists!

Sky Eagle turned to see glowing red eyes in the darkness. No, more than that! The Nazis body had changed! It gave of a dim red glow in the darkness, making him easier to see. If he was big before, he was now positively colossal!

World War II - Sky Eagle Issue #1 - Page 2 Nazi_demon

OOC Ignore the torch on the wall. And no, he hasn't had his ready brek! (Young uns might not remember that reference, and I'm damn sure the stuff never worked when I was going to school in the snow in my shorts...)

"I ... SEE YOU!" snarled the Nazi in halting English, looking up to where Sky Eagle flapped furiously, staying just out of reach. "Tell me where the sword is... and I make your death quick!"

The catacombs themselves were held up by encrusted beams long formed into stalactites by dripping water. This made it difficult for Sky Eagle to manoeuvre. He had to face it - he was at a distinct disadvantage down here! He was just glad he'd taken to the air immediately - he was tough but would even he have survived that blow? Where the Nazi struck was a small crater, solid stone turned to powder!

OOC Initiative 10 Sky Eagle 6 Nazi. You have 2 frames to act, then he has his frames... You are 5m away, and 8m above him, as close to the ceiling as you can manage hovering.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:20

As Sky Eagle saw the monster before him... my god what the hell has happened to him he looks so different. thought the winged hero before he flapped his wings to gain as much height as possible.

Realizing he'd not survive a toe to toe fist fight with such a creature he decided on the only course of action he could follow.

Swinging round he headed off towards th crypt wall, spinning quickly he bent his legs as he touched the wall and pushed off using the momentum and the sweep of his wings he barrelled back towards the nazi as he closed the gap he swung the candle stick over his shoulder and as he passed he twisted over and swung the candle stick with all his might

[OOC: from what I remember you had to spread the ready brek over the body to keep in the heat... it acted like an early form of insulation.... never thought you should eat the stuff .... I always thought it would set like plaster in my stomach .... funny hated the stuff but loved porridge]

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 13 2011, 05:03

Sky Eagle

OOC And I'm the other way round with porridge Razz Had some recently and it set like glue in the bowl, was hard work to eat so I junked it and had some of the kids ready brek instead. Smooth and creamy, not like the scottish oats stuff with the shot putter in a kilt on the front!

Determined to put up a good show against so powerful a creature, Sky Eagle sped through the darkness, grunting as he struck a hanging stalactite, batted his wings hard to slow himself, pushed from the wall and charged at the bad guy!

Even as he screamed in as fast as he dared, he heard a grinding sound. Was that... laughter?

OOC Roll of 16. Strike Mod +1 + WC2 + DC6 of the creature means 8 Accuracy, boosted to 16 damage by the weapon (no more effective than a punch I'm afraid), and a further +5 from the charge. Add to his damage bonus of 17 and we have a total of 38 Htc. Pretty impressive!

Sky Eagle delivered a terrific punch that shook the ceiling and floors about, causing dust to fall and shards of rock to crumble down!

The Nazi regarded the hovering man in front of him, then laughed "Freak!"

Before Sky Eagle could reply with "you're one to talk!" the Nazi started laying into him!

OOC Roll of 10, barely hits. 1 Accuracy, damage boosted to 2 from the punch, plus 40 damage bonus (whack!) That's reduced by dividers to 14htc. Sky Eagle flies backwards 8m. He's on 78/92 htc

"I'm not finished with you yet!" growls the big man. He starts striding over (OOC 2 frames) then swings again!

OOC Roll of 18. This might sting a bit. 9 accuracy, 18 damage plus 40 from strength. 19htc, dropping him from 78 to 59/92Htc. Knockback this time is enough to send him crashing into a wall! He takes a further 5D6htc (23htc reduced by dividers to 7) dropping him to 52/92htc. And (roll of 13, plus 6 from the Knockback) is knocked over, needing a frame to get up.

Sky Eagle staggered, dropping to his knees. The second punch had rattled teeth,k sending him flying into a wall, crashing into ancient plaster and covering him in dust and rubble! He was several metres away from the creature now - it could hardly be called a 'man' anymore - and it had an even meaner look on its face.

"Where is the sword?"
it snarled. "Tell me, and I will make your death swift!"

Sky Eagle was still astounded by how fast it moved, given its size! Still, he was made of tough stuff, and the creature itself seemed to have lost that mocking tone. Respect from the creature that could bend metal like paper, punch through reinforced concrete walls without effort, and yet could not flatten this plucky young hero?

'Respect is all well and good' said the Dark Voice inside 'But staying alive is better. In here you are confined, and this creatures superior strength can be used to great effect. Eventually you'll be cornered and crushed! get what you came for and get out!'

As Sky Eagle felt the trickle of blood run from his nose and mouth, he considered the words of the mysterious creature that somehow co-habited with him. He risked much - dying in some brawl under Westminster Abbey didn't exactly strike him as a glorious way to go, especially if this Nazi got what he came for. But what was that about the sword? The Nazi was looking for the sword here, whilst Sky Eagle sought the shield, a marker for the true location of the sword! Could he somehow bargain with this thing, misdirect it with another sword, perhaps one from a tomb nearby with any luck?

"What's that?"
growled the Creature. "What's that you say?"

'I believe it can hear me, albeit distantly.'
said the Dark Voice inside. 'I suggest you decide what you're doing, quickly!'

OOC Options... You aren't cornered - yet - but this thing is so big you'll eventually run out of room down here. You have 1 frame to act (your other frame was spent getting up) and then its initiative. A bad roll for that could see you flattened, so perhaps getting some distance between you is the best option. Other options? The Roof is covered with stalactites, and the support pillars look old. Bring the rocks down on this thing - or even the whole roof - would slow it down, but would most definitely stop you in your tracks! Fooling it with a sword if you can find one in the various scattered tombs may help. Or you may have other options. You priority is survival, then the shield with the clue as to the swords true location.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Wed Jul 20 2011, 16:56

(OOC: sorry for not replying sooner one hell of a hectic few days at work)

Sky Eagle backed up, with whatever was possessing the body of the nazi was too strong for him to take head on. With mere seconds to think Sky Eagle acted.

"Hey big bad and ugly.... There is no way on earth I will let you get your filthy nazi hands on the sword ....I will hide it in the depths of hell before I allow you to use it for evil."

With that he took off vertically into the vaulted ceiling and zoomed over the creature's head juast out of reach. Well if the evil inside him can hear his little voice speak perhaps he copuld use it to his advantage. He hoped that he'd already laid a thought in that thick head of the nazi hoping that his little outcry would indicate he actually knew were the sword was and that the lumbering monster would follow.

To reinforce this he sent a thought to the little voice in his head, ok he can hear you so I think you should tell me where the sword is lets say horse guards parade should be open enough to allow me to think of a way to take this brute down. SO instruct me to go there as the sword is hidden in the base of the fountain near St. James' park. I need the evil in him to think I know where it is to then he will order the monster to follow me.

WIth that Sky Eagle swept out of the crypt and through the vaulted corridors to the abbey proper.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 21 2011, 00:04

Sky Eagle

OOC No problem on the posting. In solo adventures we go at the players pace. When you can give more time, you'll be in the group game (out of the frying pan, etc...)

Sky Eagle sped up and out of the cave, narrowly avoiding the rocks and clattering into the stairwell in an undignified heap! He looked back, and the voice inside said 'the sword is hidden in the base of the fountain near St. James' park' Clambering to his feet Sky Eagle ran up the remainder of the stairs into the church, and sure enough, heard the frustrated smashing of ancient tombs behind him as the creature gave chase!

Into the church proper Sky Eagle dusted himself down, wiped a smear of blood from his nose and turned to leave... only to see the flash lights of police officers as they entered the great abbey!

"Oh no." muttered Sky Eagle, glancing back down the stairs. That thing would appear at any moment, and those police officers were as likely to think him the villain if they saw his outlandish appearance!

OOC Sky Eagle can get out in the open air - where his flight makes him more manoeuvrable - but might well be leaving these police to a grisly fate! Either that, or he might try to seal the creature in the tombs below the abbey somehow. Or you may have another plan, but the smart move was the one you made - a bigger stronger foe in a tight space would've been painful...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Thu Jul 28 2011, 20:22

Sky Eagle couldn't leave the police to their fate and taking a great gamble he played the God card. Quickly he moved towards one of the status of on angel and standing in front of it in view of the police he opened his mightly wings and flapped gracefully into the air.

In a booming voice that echoed round the abbey " I am a messenger of God a demon has come into the house of our lord but you are mortal and cannot fight him leave this holly house and allow the wrath of the almighty smite him when he appears." with that Sky Eagle swept over the heads of the police "Leave I said dare not disobey the word of our Lord" he boomed one last time before flying back down the naive and placing himself between the soon to appear monster and the police.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next