The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - Frostbite Issue #1

Post  Admin Sun Jan 09 2011, 20:18

Agent Joe Hoskyn
CODENAME: FROSTBITE

Joe set off sprinting towards the edge of the roof! "Hey! We have a runner!" shouted the Electrical woman. "Gangster! Get ready! Here he... oh."

Joe leapt clean off the side of the building. <<Fire... now...>> said the voice inside. Joe couldn't quite believe what he was seeing - lines were overlaid across his field of vision suggesting where he should fire his ice beam and when, what to join it to, and where he should end up!

Goliath Gangster saw his target leap from the roof, and chuckled. "Ha! He's saving us a ... what the hell?" His words trailed off as the target thrust his hands out, then froze the air below him as an ice slide formed from thin air! It attached to the sides of buildings like a thing alive, and the man with the makeshift mask hit the hard ice with a thud, soaring down the chute like a bullet! Even he couldn't help yelling "Whooooaaaa WHOOOOOAAAA WOAH!" at the bottom when he was ejected thirty feet into the air, arms and legs flailing! As directed by the computer he pulled in his arms and legs, falling straight through an open man hole cover spotted by Joe seconds earlier! He'd traversed a distance of several hundred feet, used all of his ice energy and quite a bit of luck, then crashed down into the sewage and muck of the sewer system under Washington DC! Coughing and spluttering, wiping... something from his face, he glanced about. Darkness in both directions. No problem. He pulled his shirt open and started to slog through the sludge, trying not to breathe - and therefore gag - too often!

=========

The Dragon Lady was silent...

The Gangster wasn't. He turned the air blue with expletives and sprayed bullets through the ice slide, completely and utterly frustrated! The sound of sirens got ever closer!

"Sounds like a lot of them." said the crackling energy girl. "I can't stand this rain much longer. Every now and again I get a kick from my own static, and I'm supposed to be immune to it!"

Goliath Gangster turned to the hovering scaled woman. "Well? I don't know you from adam lady, but you did jack so far! Get down there! You're a lizard aintcha? Sewers ought ta be your thing!"

In response, the Dragon Woman turned slowly, eyes staring at the misshapen Gangster. "On the contrary. Your language proves you belong down there more than I do. Our foe is resourceful, quick thinking, and whilst being outnumbered, beat the three of us."

"Ha! No one beat me lady! I'll catch up with that punk, with or without ya! Why don't you go climb back under ya rock, eh? Unless you fancy maybe seeing what an Earth man can teach a space girl?" laughed Gangster.

The hovering woman stared coldly, then turned, flying off. Gangster angrily brought his gun around to bear on her retreating form, shouting "Hey! Come back ya yellow bellied *****! What about a lift outta here?" he sprayed gunfire into the air, frustrated, then turned to the crackling woman. "She'll get hers too. What's the story anyway?"

"We don't have time for this!" spat the electrical woman, glancing off the roof. "Look, the people who gave us our powers said they knew some alien types - yeah, little green men. And women. They said they'd help us out for a share."

"Share o what?" replied the Gangster. "The loot? What?"

The other shrugged. What would an alien race want a share of? The pair heard sirens all over the place, and running of police in the streets. As the rain came down, they made their way across rooftops and down fire escapes, slipping away in the gloom.

OOC Frostbite is in the clear, though it took some out of the box thinking that was in turn rewarded by luck. Looks like somebody has decided cops and robbers is too ordinary for America. And David M's suggestion that all that Lunarium lying about could kickstart a genetic change in the populace is something I never considered, but welcome and logical all the same. Frostys next move?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - Frostbite Issue #1

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 09 2011, 21:58

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
OOC Frostbite is in the clear, though it took some out of the box thinking that was in turn rewarded by luck. Looks like somebody has decided cops and robbers is too ordinary for America. And David M's suggestion that all that Lunarium lying about could kickstart a genetic change in the populace is something I never considered, but welcome and logical all the same. Frostys next move?

OOC: Punch in the air lol. Very Happy

Ok I wanted to check if I have any money with me? Do I have any means to contact Dawson or command at Bletchley? If this is the case I will get in touch and let them take things from there. But also let them know that America has access to the Alien tec by which they have procured Metahuman's.

If this is negative then I will head back to the Hotal, going in by a back way so as to avoid unnecessary attention and trying to avoid being spotted. I would have thought the place would be crawling with agents, so turning myself in, shouldn't be too difficult. From which I want a shower, change of clothes and for me then to call Dawson and anyone he things I ought to speak to in the USA.

IC:

Several blocks away, Joe finally climbed out of the sewers. Drawing strange looks and then, as people caught a whiff of him, disgusted grimaces, he made his way as quickly as he could back around to the Hotel. Taking his time to avoid busier streets and where possible trying to be very careful, in case he was followed or the Hotel was being watched.

What he really needed to do was contact Dawson and the Generals to find out what he should do now. How much he should let Homeland security know etc. Too many questions and where did this leave him here. Alien tec and Super powered baddies. Could America deal with this, at a time like this? Joe needed further orders - these where questions far above his pay scale. But then something, or someone leaned forward from within the dark folds of his unconscious, someone like him but not him and said, "Welcome to my world, Joe!"

Joe stopped and shivered...it was the other him. It had to be. The silence had left him lulled as it had been so quiet, no memories, no recollections he was beginning to feel normal. Well, as normal as a guy with an onboard sentient computer and otherworldly power can be said to be normal.

Looking up, he continued his wet trudge through the back alleys and side streets as he took a cautios root back to the hotel.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 09 2011, 23:17

Agent Joe Hoskyn

What money Joe had on him was soaked. Sludge had ruined the notes, and besides that, he stuck out like a sore thumb, despite having removed the mask. Workers pounding the streets gave him a clear berth, though many were distracted by the distant wail of sirens. On the street where the hotel was, cops were crawling about the place. One came up, challenging Joe, until a Secret Service agent ran up, flashing ID and pulling Joe to one side. "We need to get you out of here. Those people, whoever they were, knew how to find you and could do things we weren't prepared for!" Joe nodded, disturbed, and was lead away to a car as bodies were loaded into bags...

=========

A change of clothes later...

And Joe in a new hotel, with beefed up security - albeit in numbers only - and Joe relaxed a little. Chances were that the US state department had someone with a loose tongue or a spy. In a way that was good. Joe had passed on his report that he believed the superhumans were sponsored by the Nazis who were the only ones besides the British who'd used metahuman resources thus far. It frightened those who heard it - including the President - that they should be able to operate this close to their home, under the nose of the seat of the President himself in Washington.

"...there you have it General" said Joe, over the crackly line. "I'll submit a full report by telegram. This line is awful." he said to Forbes on the other end. The General had been grumpy for having been woken until he'd heard Joes story. They were now making immediate preparations to make a full scale assault on the base Joe had discovered on the Faroe islands, and if it were at all possible, Joe was to get back to Britain the fastest way he could! Even despite all he'd seen and heard, Forbes seemed incredulous that instantaneous transportation was possible. Dawson would probably have a baby when he found out.

Putting down the receiver, Joe moved to the window. The streets were busy with traffic and people now. He heard distant sirens, and glanced down the road. This wasn't his fight. He moved away, then heard screams and moved to the window. People were running in the direction opposite the one the Police cars were trying to get through, in snarled traffic. Some were staggering, wounded, bloodied. One man looked utterly bewildered, and stepped out in front of a car. The thud of his body as it went over the top of the hood cut into Joes heart. It had happened, like that, instantly. Even if he were the fastest man in the world, he couldn't have been there. Feeling the weight and burden of responsibility weigh down on him, he heard a knock at the door. "Agent Johnson sir. There's a ... message from the President." he said in hushed tones.

Joe opened the door, and the agent stood there, looking sheepish. He held a cardboard box, several inches deep and a foot by a foot across. Without opening it, Joe knew what it contained. With a trembling hand he reached for it. "The President said only this. Good men and women have died, Son. Your country asks you to be a symbol, and example of all that is good, and strong, and true. Besides that, these bastards are cutting our people down. The army is on its way, but till then, good people will die when a good man stands idle. I ask you, implore you. Come to our aid. FDR." said the agent. He looked sheepish. "He made me memorize it. That was the first time I've gotten it right. Reports are that there's a shootout going on downtown at a bank, maybe those you came across earlier. Already there are police dead, and injuries are mounting. We've been told to stay and watch out for you here sir but..." the man turned away.

<<Your mission is of paramount importance. Being injured, captured or killed in a minor incident that the local authorities should deal with would be disastrous, not just to you, but the free world.>> said the voice inside.

'You're ready' said another voice.

Joe shivered. Something inside him changed. He could feel it...

OOC and well he should. Add another power. It's a single slot, rather than any dual slot powers (like magic or whatever) but other than that, pick what you like Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 10 2011, 07:53

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:"The President said only this. Good men and women have died, Son. Your country asks...

Joe went numb, forced once again into making a choice between duty and his prior decision, so he struggled within, once again. But his reflection was broken by the dry voice of his computer.

<<Your mission is of paramount importance. Being injured, captured or killed in a minor incident that the local authorities should deal with would be disastrous, not just to you, but the free world.>>

'You think I don't know this, already. But people are dying and the USA has no one to stop them!'He said within himself so only the 'voices' that shared his conscience knew his deliberations. Then aloud he said,
"I know my duty, but I can't stand by. I'll get involved but this time and no more!"

Suddenly the other voice, the deep otherworldly source of power. This one scared Joe, if truth be told. He didn't always like what this one had to say, not least of all because the temptation was to give in and use its power. Such power used for good...but he shook his head and listened.

'You're ready' said another voice.

With that Joe felt a shift and change within him, physically he noticed he appeared to be the same but he suddenly felt a dynamic shift of power within his whole frame. He felt power like he'd never felt and a sudden strength he knew would not leave him untouched.

OOC: OK crunching the numbers I thought about getting back field Manip, but that is 2d6 per action - where as fist is 2d6 per frame, I also thought about flight but I thought that is just flavour at this stage. So it seems best to go for Strength. I'd said before that I wanted to swap this for Weather control which I never seemed to use. And I maxed out on the IC roll which was:

1d10=10

So I guess that makes my strength now 33. +18 to damage is going to be sweet as up until now its all be range - with field Manipulation and energy attacks. This was why I opted for this and I figure this Joe is more of a hands on type of slugger anyway.

IC:

Joe turned to the agent, grabbing another piece of available material he wrapped it around his face, mumbling "I've got to do better than bed sheets!" Then turning to the agent Joe gestured for him to lead on. With a guilty backward glance to the phone he'd just put down, Joe steeled himself and set off after the agent.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 11 2011, 01:10

Agent Joe Hoskyn

The agent looked visibly relieved! "No sir, there's no need to wear bedsheets! here..." he opened the box he'd brought with him to reveal a flashy, colourful red white and blue costume! Stunned, Joe held it up, pulled a face and quipped "There's a reasonably good set of curtains over there I'd rather wear..."

The Agent frowned, pulled a face. "The President wants you to be seen as a symbol sir. He asked me to ask you to announce yourself as... ahem. General Freedom." He shrugged. "He's a hard man to turn down..."

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 4 2dgw10x

OOC Feel free to come up with a 'General Freedom' costume if you get chance. It should be covered in stars and stripes, be pretty gaudy and over the top, and have some sort of cape. Over than that, the depth of awfulness is down to you. This version of FDR doesn't have the best fashion sense...

<<This is a mistake.>> said the computer. <<But seeing as you have set out on this path, this unit will advise you as best it can. Another note - your muscle density has just altered to a tenfold state. Cause: Unknown.>>

OOC is Joe going to run, hitch a lift, or try some other means of transport? His ice power created a slide, after all, but took all his dice up. Might be better to turn up to a fight with some in reserve... I'd have gone for strength too, by the way. He's rounding out quite nicely now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 11 2011, 08:42

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
OOC Feel free to come up with a 'General Freedom' costume if you get chance. It should be covered in stars and stripes, be pretty gaudy and over the top, and have some sort of cape. Over than that, the depth of awfulness is down to you. This version of FDR doesn't have the best fashion sense...

OOC:To some degree I don't mind as Joe fully intends to go back to England - which feels like his adopted home in many respects. And playing the part I do with another costume makes it less clear that its me under the mask. I will try and come up with a costume asap

<<This is a mistake.>> said the computer. <<But seeing as you have set out on this path, this unit will advise you as best it can. Another note - your muscle density has just altered to a tenfold state. Cause: Unknown.>>

Joe smiled, "Great!" he said to himself, the computer had a fastidious sense of duty and order, but he didn't mind that so much. All things being equal he admired it, except life was never nearly that orderly or neat. As for the change in his physic, what better way to test it out than a round or two with some commotion.

Joe, having changed, and feeling somewhat self conscious in the bright coloured tight fitting costume and restrictive mask, turned to the agent. "OK over to you, we need to borrow a lift, or get there quick. Shame this costume doesn't come with a motorbike - that would get me there quickly."

He followed the agent outside, itching to grab a suitable means of transport. Though a car would be fine, and less flashy, truth be told he missed riding his bike and this was the perfect opportunity, besides being expedient, to commander one.

OOC:
Admin wrote:is Joe going to run, hitch a lift, or try some other means of transport? His ice power created a slide, after all, but took all his dice up. Might be better to turn up to a fight with some in reserve... I'd have gone for strength too, by the way. He's rounding out quite nicely now.

Strength just made more sense when you've a limited pallet to draw from. I've played the tactical warrior, trying to play it smart, this gives me the chance to mess it up a bit more. I'd have liked to have gone for flight or another grade of energy attack or even having back field manipulation, more like the old Frostbite, but when you've only one choice...

Anyway Ice slide, was a great bonus, thanks for letting me have it. I know it was a desperate situation so I went on that basis. I realised yesterday when looking at powers that ice slide was more a grade 2 gimmick or an additional gimmick you get for grade 2 energy attack. But I'm thinking more and more in the mode of Captain America symbol of freedom and Steve Mcqueen, so a motorbike would be a grate right about now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 12 2011, 00:17

Agent Joe Hoskyn
CODENAME: FROSTBITE currently dressed as GENERAL FREEDOM

The agent frowned and chewed his lip as Joe finished dressing. "They got the size right but... Darn. I sure am glad it's not me going out in that. Sir." said the agent. With a shrug, he started down the stairs. "We figured on getting you through traffic as fast as possible, so whilst the costume doesn't come with a motorbike..."

Ignoring the stares and gasps of people on the street, Joes eyes widened when he saw a motorbike painted in the same colours as the costume. The paint had run slightly, and the agent standing guard over it was looking annoyed, dabbing at the paint in areas to test it. "Ask, and the USA shall provide, sir!" said the Agent, pulling on his hat to protect from the downpour. People were starting to gather now, wondering what was going on!

"We have..." he said, shouting over the din of distant gunfire and screams, all the while staying calm. "Twin M1911 pistols with experimental - expensive - bullets, spares in the throwovers. These cannisters here, one on each side, are laughing gas. Nitrous Oxide. I've never tried it, but the fly boys swear by it, if they can get their hands on it. Open the taps, then..." he leaned over "Flick this fuel tap on. If you do one without the other the bike will blow up or the engine will flood. Either isn't a good option. I recommend you stick to straight lines when the taps open, and hold on..."

"Here we have a shield. We weren't sure on the design, so stuck with these rings and the star in the middle. It's not a good design, can't imagine anyone liking it, but FDR wanted something to protect your hide. The metal is strange. We took a piece of curved metal from that ... uh... place... you visited in the ... uh... " he looked about "Desert."

He picked the shield up. "Here." It was curved, like a disc. "We tried to straighten the thing but it wouldn't."

<<Scanning. The shield is made from an extraterrestrial ceramic that will be resistant to shock, force, energy, including fire and heat extremes, and possibly help withstand the blows of superhumans, should you manage to get it in the way. It was not made like that. This unit believes the shield was grown into that shape. It was possibly a cap, or cover of some kind, for a hatch, possibly. It will, nonetheless, serve as a protective device.>> said the computer.

"Ok these... " said the agent "Are mini cannisters. Our scientists cooked em up. Smoke. Only this stuff stings like you wouldn't believe. Don't stand too close when you toss 'em otherwise you'll cry for 20 minutes, and it will hurt like hell. Other than that, double capacity fuel tank, overbored twin engine with straight through pipes so people know you're coming, and uprated brakes. I wouldn't, ah, put too much faith in 'em though. Go get 'em. Sir!" he said.

Standing back as the computer scanned, giving an overlay of the bikes controls and devices, along with detailed readout of weights, balance problems, possible improvements and drawbacks, Joe felt as if he were on a river that was going faster and faster, and no matter how hard he paddled, it was still dragging him downstream!

"By the way, General Freedom..." said the Agent. "I've been asked to ask you. You see any cameras, or reporters, smile."

The streets were packed with traffic, and bystanders were slowing to look at the outlandish figure on the street, climbing onto a custom motorcycle. Even more looked when it barked into life, thumping away!

OOC Is the General heading through the traffic to arrive at the front of the bank where the shooting is taking place, or perhaps another plan - round the back, from the top...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 12 2011, 07:55

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
OOC Is the General heading through the traffic to arrive at the front of the bank where the shooting is taking place, or perhaps another plan - round the back, from the top...?

OOC: Oh you know me too well ;-).

As Joe took the various bits including the shield (OOC: Auto parry - nice!, but what on earth am I going to face - Evil or Very Mad)

"Agent if I didn't know better, I'd say you'd been preparing for this since the moment I'd arrived. I know how to smile, but I hope you know what to do with what happens next! One man alone can't fight this war and make no mistakes, this is war."

With that Joe ran to the Bike and jumped on, having strapped on the belt the various weapons and utilities came with and placing the shield over the handle bars of the bike. He kicked it into life as he'd been shown and with a fiery roar and as much tire left behind, he took off like a rocket.

Racing toward the sound of the gunfire and screams, he was thankful he didn't need to shout to communicate with the computer. "Ok so that I can honour what we said and keep myself alive, I need a layout of this place, I could go in guns blazing but that might endanger life and with all the noise, it might be a stand off!"

Joe, looked about as he shot through the traffic, exalting in the thrill of being on a bike, even if the bike underneath him felt part rocket. He opened up the throttle and thrilled at the ready roar as the engine and bike leapt forward. As he approached the bank, he thought what a shame it was not to have intelligence and information before blasting in! If only he could access the police radios - unless the army had thought of that as well!

OOC:

Ok I don't know what I am facing so I don't want to necessarily wheelie into the place or jump over all the parked gridlocked cars into the midst of the combat. But neither do I want to waste time.

1. So do I have a police radio attached to the Bike and if so I listen in to get an idea of what is going on and formulate my plan accordingly.
2. The loss of life and minimising it is my first goal. So pacifying the combat is my aim.
3. With that in mind I'll either go for making myself a target and blast it to draw fire, leading with the shield and grenades. Or if they're is a likelihood of hostages - which I suspect could or will be the case, I go for the parking out back and trying to break in quietly over the noise.

PS didn't get time to rustle up a costume been busy and am back to work today, so will have to get to it later in the week.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 13 2011, 00:16

Agent Joe Hoskyn

There wasn't a radio on the bike - probably no time, or they'd have to find somewhere to stash it out of the way, but as he roared down the road avoiding abandoned cars and running people Joe ran through possible options.

<<Without a street map of this era it would be conjecture as to any possible 'back entrances', though the law enforcement authorities will, this unit is sure, have covered them, at least at ground level. However, as recent events have shown, you may be facing an opponent or opponents for whom ground level is but one escape option.>>

Ah he got closer Joe could see police cars and plain unmarked cars parked out the front of the bank in question in a semicircle. There were a number of burning vehicles and the police, whilst trying to keep down and out of the way, were waving bystanders and the press back. As the noisy motorcycle roared closer, a G-Man shouted "Relax! He's one of ours!" to the amazed police and FBI men. Being the nations capital and seat of power, they'd been quick to scramble. Besides, it rather seemed as if those int he bank had the opportunity to leave at any point.

Joe came to the same conclusion as the computer <<The miscreants from earlier have decided to 'draw you out'. This is what they want and it could be a trap. Be sure when you get involved that this may all be taking place because they want you.>>

As Joe roared past a couple of policeman dragging a limp blood covered cop towards an ambulance, a shiver went down his spine. The people in the bank wanted him. All this, because they wanted him. He should shout out, tell them to come and get him, then roar off, but he knew now that wouldn't be the way it went down. They would stay here and keep shooting with the awful armour piercing bullets, and not because of money, or fame or glory.

It was because they wanted him.

Pulling up at the ring of parked cars, seeing several shadowy figures in the doorway of the bank who would move into view, spray a continuous burst of fire for 10 seconds or so then duck out of sight, Joe looked about. All the cars around were shot to pieces, most were burning or ruined, and the police behind them were pinned down. Some were wounded. He looked at the bank, and saw it adjoined on one side with a smaller building which was about five storeys high compared to the banks eight or so. Windows on the upper floors were an option, busting through the wall another.

"Who th' heck are you s'posed ta be?" shouted a hard bitten detective as he reloaded his police special. In rain coat, hat and with three days of stubble he looked like a gumshoe from a dime crime novel. "Get th' hell outta here before ya get your ass shot off!" he growled. One of the secret service men on the scene, identified by his all black suit and crouching behind a nearby car, shouted "He's one of us, and believe me, he has the backing of the President! I suggest you wait and see what he can do before..."

RATATATATATATATATATATA!!!!

The car the secret serviceman was hiding behind collapsed as it was sliced up by more gunfire! Joe watched the agent glance up at him, then reach a hand for his chest.

That's when blood started to leak from half a dozen wounds, like a sieve, and he sagged to the side.

Suddenly all of this was deadly serious!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 13 2011, 07:22

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote: RATATATATATATATATATATA!!!!

The car the secret serviceman was hiding behind collapsed as it was sliced up by more gunfire! Joe watched the agent glance up at him, then reach a hand for his chest.

That's when blood started to leak from half a dozen wounds, like a sieve, and he sagged to the side.

"Get this man some attention." He said urgently and decisively to the G-man beside him, before a determined look came to him and he said, "I'm going in!"

Admin wrote:He looked at the bank, and saw it adjoined on one side with a smaller building which was about five storeys high compared to the banks eight or so. Windows on the upper floors were an option, busting through the wall another.

Working his way around the cars, smoke and general debris, Gen Freedom, moved toward the adjoining building. He quickly pulled out a few of the tear gas cannisters, and threw them in the direction of the entrance, hoping that this would cause them to retreat from the front of the building and give him the time he needed to get into the bank from above.

Quick as he dared, he moved into the building, straight up the spine of the building and onto the roof. Thankfully whoever was left there gave him little or no attention. Once on the roof he looked across and moved as silently as he could to the opposite windows. Moving carefully - in case the goons were watching this way, he came up beside the windows (assuming I can) and looked in to see if the coast was clear?

OOC:
1. Ok just make it clear, I'm throwing some tear gas cannisters at the entrance of the bank to stop chuckles firing anymore into the crowd.
2. I'm heading up to the roof, and because I suspect a trap moving carefully in sight of the windows.
3. Once up there I am trying to move up to a window into which I can open up or and climb in. At this point I might find that I'm spotted in which case I jump threw the window shield first. If not I use a simple amount of cold energy to freeze it to muffle the sound of breaking glass, unless its already open, which I will try first ;-). No sense in wasting energy.
4. Once inside I will move down to the lower area, once I'm sure I've not been spotted by anyway above and or that there isn't others above me who might take me from behind?

Shame with all this gas stuff, I've not got a gas mask...will have to think about that next time.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 14 2011, 10:24

Agent Joe Hoskyn

General Freedom presented a bright and colourful target that the gangsters inside the bank couldn't resist! As they trained their weapons through the opening of the doorway he tosses tear gas in the general direction. That discouraged them! Dashing alongside the building and round towards the back, he clambered up onto a ledge, cursed, pulled up a dumpster and onto that before getting the idea to fire cold to the fire escape ladder to reach it. Having made an impromptu handle to pull it down, he was soon scaling the ladder towards the roof!

=========

As smoke wafted through the entrance...

Patrons in the bank and staff began to cough and splutter, wailing in pain as the gas reacted with them. Those who'd taken control of the bank were affected too, all save two. They looked at each other, then nodded, moving into position.

=========

Onto the roof, General Freedom...

Moved over to the fire escape/maintenance door. Locked, as he expected. CRUNCH! Not any more. With a grin at his new found strength he moved inside. Glancing about, he moved down the stairs towards the lower floors, checking each in case of traps and ambush.

=========

They waited in the darkness...

...sure that the man they sought would be drawn like a bear to honey.

=========

General Freedom moved through an office...

Deserted, with desks and chairs spread all over, it was clear the workers had left in a hurry, with abandoned cups of coffee and breakfast laying where they'd been dropped. Clearly the robbers had herded everyone downstairs. <<You are on the level above the bank floor where the hostages are being held.>> advised the computer inside. <<By now the tear gas will have affected all those downstairs. Judging by its dispersal pattern and potency it may well affect you as well. This unit advises caution.>>

"You are a vanted men." said an accented voice. The body that gave form to the voice stepped into view from a side office. Some kind of crazy lightning that flickered as if viewed as a camera negative flashed about him. "I vas given zese powers to give America something to think about. Then ze order came from on high. They had a ... reliable source zet claimed you vere a danger not only to ze 3rd reich, but ze whole vorld. Vy, I am wondering, is zis so?"

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 4 T7h2ex

He paced slowly and deliberately through the office, the negative lightning dancing here and there about his form to repulse anything that came too close. That included heavy desks, tossed through the air like matchwood, and the floor itself. Joe saw he walked 6" off it. "To be given ze greatest gift of power anyone ever hed, zen told zat someone out zere is more powerful? Vell, I could not pass up ze challenge. I hear you hev met some of ze American super agents too. And zey failed. Zey said nothing about... your new clothes though." he laughed.

"So who are you?" asked the Nazi. He was relaxed, but Joe could tell he was spoiling for a fight!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 14 2011, 12:48

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:"So who are you?" asked the Nazi. He was relaxed, but Joe could tell he was spoiling for a fight!

Joe hated to be caught off guard, still unaware if this latest, Nazi assailant, was alone or not.

"I don't know what you mean, friend. I also don't understand why you'd choose to invade American soil, coming in empowering criminals who hold hostage American Citizens. Now that doesn't strike me as the sort of thing your, Fuhrer would be pleased with. He's gearing up to fight a way on one front, can he be pleased to know you've already begun to open up another?

I tell you what, it would go better for you if you just slipped away quietly and let us pack up these bad guys and we just leave it at a gentleman's agreement?"

Joe had no intention of making any such agreement, but he wanted to rattle the Krout and also find out if he was alone, or anything knew about him. What was clear was that Germany had been very busy, building and stockpiling. The aliens in the North of England, their ship in the desert and now their agents not only infiltrating but actively empowering people to do their dirty work.

But something bothered Joe, this one was entirely too arrogant, did he have back up or was his confidence simple in his powers?

OOC:
Ok this guys seems to want to talk, so I'll talk with him. But I'm also using this time to let the computer spot any flaws or weaknesses. His respulsor power reminds me of another villain we met back along.

At the same time I am listening intently to make sure I am not being lured into a false sense of security, waiting for him to spring a trap or distract me from other assailants ready to pounce.

Also while I am doing this I'm checking the area, seeing if there is anything about him that gives me a clue to his weaknesses, and also about the room in case we do get down to it (which I suspect we will ;-).

Depending on how that happens, I think I will lead with trying to throw things at him - desks, chairs to see if I can't overwhelm his field of energy? I'll hold onto the shield and auto parry if need be? Lets hope the shield can take it.

I'm thinking that moving in for a toe to toe isn't going to work as he has this field that stops things getting near. But I guess that might work on leverage. I'm thinking that since he can't move the floor, his field forces him away form it, upward. So I'm wondering if I throw things that are big enough at him, their momentum and mass might force him in opposite direction if they are too big or his leverage too little to repulse the object? Its the theory I'll go with if things like their going to shake and bake!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 15 2011, 00:09

Agent Joe Hoskyn

OOC As usual you have a good idea of how the bad guy does 'his thing'. You're along the right lines of what you have to do...

The Nazi bristled. "Der Fuhrer will never find out about zis. Zat is because you vill be taken out of ze game before anyone realises who we vork for. Right now I vould suggest your best option is to surrender to me. I hef been told you... make ice? Zey never told me about zis... ridiculous costume and mesk you vere, nor zat shield. You think zat cen stop me? Also, sink on zis. Those hostages downstairs are suffering sanks to ze gas you threw in. Zey vill not thenk you ven zose goons start shooting zem!"

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 4 1582dd

Prepared to be blindsided or for some kind of attack, Joe turned when he heard quiet footsteps on the ground at the other end of the office. He looked upon a young woman who appeared to have glass for skin, and underneath appeared to be boiling, searing flame!

"Is this him? Is this the one we want?" she said, her voice sounding vaguely musical. "No one said anything about anyone getting hurt! We were given these powers and told to bring in one man! Have you seen it out there? Those idiots with those guns have gone crazy! They..."

"SILENCE WOMAN!" bellowed the Nazi. "Your infernal incessant yapping vill drive me insane! Why they sought fit to bestow ze dark gift upon vimmin I hef no idea! You hef no stomach for zis work!"

"Hey! I signed on to become rich, and powerful! Look at me! Where can I go? What can I buy? My life is gone!" she cried. "And all... because ... of ... him ...?" she snarled, face changing as her innards glowed brighter, and brighter, and brighter...

<<Alert! Metahuman has increased in internal temperature to critical levels! Your dense flesh will provide little or no protection against fire and heat!>>
said the computer.

The Nazi grinned then, and moved out of the line of fire...

"Ah yes, some women do hef their uses..." he cackled.

Suddenlty the woman, who'd seemed reasonable, caring even, changed, mirroring her fiery innards with a fiery temper!

OOC Initiative. Joe gets +1 because you expected the trap. 7+1=8 for GF, 1 for the bad guys. The woman is around 10m away across the office with desks and chairs between. The Nazi is 5m away, again with a few desks and chairs Joe can use for cover. 5m away there are windows he can dive out of, 10m away a door that leads to the stairwell up and down. Along the sides of the large square room are side offices. All are deserted, just the three of you up here... or are there? Over to you. Oh, and sprinkler systems? Not around yet...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jan 15 2011, 08:24

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:The Nazi bristled. "Der Fuhrer will never find out about zis. Zat is because you vill be taken out of ze game before anyone realises who we vork for.

"I think you are underestimating what your boss knows and doesn't know." Joe, egged on by a memory once again had a flash of inspiration. Although the thoughts seemed unusual and new to him, he said them with conviction, because he knew they were true.

"I suspect your Fuhrer has people like you who can eavesdrop on our very thoughts. Imagine him right now getting reports of an operation and powers being bestowed on whomever, without his knowledge. I imagine he won't be best pleased that here today you lit the touch paper under American Apathy - that could go very bad for you! And what happens when the press get here and news reels start rolling. You guys are hard to miss, after all! You have the power to end this so no one need die, you can minimise the harm so as to calm his anger. But if you don't won't he punish your insubordination, for nothing you can repulse will be enough to deflect his punishment once aimed at you...right?"

As the women entered Joe took the time to look carefully at the interaction between the to. He'd noticed before how the 'partners' differed in their values and motives and saw it even more clearly here.

"SILENCE WOMAN!" bellowed the Nazi. "Your infernal incessant yapping vill drive me insane! Why they sought fit to bestow ze dark gift upon vimmin I hef no idea! You hef no stomach for zis work!..."Ah yes, some women do hef their uses..." he cackled.

"Joe shouted to the lady, hey did he tell you that you'd been an instrument of the Nazi's and their idea to kill American citizens? Did he tell you that right now he has these powers from Alien beings who are helping them? Did he also tell you that these powers come with side effects! Forget fame lady, you keep using your powers like this and its you who'll burn up. Where, after all is the energy coming from - if its not from you're very life itself? Look how little he respects you can you imagine anything he's told you is the truth?"

Again Joe wanted to use the situation against them. He hoped he'd also covered his lie well, since he had no idea how here powers worked, he hoped that he might stoked her fears and widen the gap there was between what she'd been told and what had actually happened. Playing on her obvious doubts and the contempt this Nazi openly showed for her.

Joe was prepared to stand his ground, taking his time not threatening but moving slowly so as to not make them think he was going to do anything save, careful placing himself further toward the window. He wanted there to be as many eye witnesses as possible so that the German had more to deal with in terms of bad publicity and the negative attention such a thing would draw, hoping it might play into the psychological battle. It was all talk, the Nazi could easily attack anyway. But the Nazi might also loose his nerve, or his fiery ally, Joe had to use every weapon he had at his disposal for he feared the actual weapons he possessed may not be enough.

OOC:

Ok so I am aiming to be by the windows, I want them to blow them out, create destruction and damage here so they'll struggle not to get noticed. I am also doing this in such a way as to make the chairs, desks and whatever else is available ready for me to use. I also have my shield in plain sight and strapped to my arm, mindful of the symbolism it represents to the woman.

Quick question can I know their names? Calling them the Nazi and the Woman seems a bit clumsy!

If the Nazi goes for me anyway, especially if he decides it doesn't matter if his life is forfeit or not, then use the following.

"So you were promised money and fame and they turned you into a side show curiosity! And you,"
He said turning once again to the Nazi,"Think that even if you give your life for this work and even if you die here, so the Fuhrer can't touch you, but what about your family. Won't he hurt them for your act of betrayal.* Well we've got ourselves a real dozy of a situation here. No one stands to gain very much even if you did beat me! Where could you go, what difference would it make? This is the real battle to be had here, these are the real questions you ought to be asking yourself."

* I am of course assuming he has family upon whom this would mean something.

I know you can't hold four frames when you win initiative (what a potential waste of a good roll) but still I need to try and get this across to them, to try and stunt their thirst for attacking me.

So if I waste the frames so be it, but this is important for Joe, as the clash between the Nazi's and the free world is a clash of ideas, of philosophies. He wants to make them doubt because every human being should doubt what they are being told as its wrong. And for Joe this is his whole reason for fighting - I see him as a very principled guy - corn feed on home values etc.

But I hope to still use that against them with the negative impact their reactions have on the crowd and hopefully press, when they show up.

One thought I did have was to tear out a section of wall between two windows so that I opened up the front - so no one could miss us, them and what they are up to. So seeing how they react, that might be something I do potentially to keep from wasting all my frames with a pretty speech ;-).

Sj

Last edited by Steeple_jackuk on Sat Jan 15 2011, 08:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting reasons)
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 16 2011, 20:29

Agent Joe Hoskyn

"WHAT DO I CARE ABOUT NAZIS?" screamed the woman. The 'liquid' inside her boiled, becoming brighter and more painful to look at! "MY FATHER LOST HIS JOB IN THE DEPRESSION! IT BROKE HIM! I GREW UP SEEING HIM DRINK THE REST OF HIS LIFE AWAY! MY MOTHER BLAMED ME!" she screamed.

By now the heat she was giving off had combusted the carpet around where she stood and set several desks alight.

Even the Nazi (Pinball) seemed taken aback. "Listen to me!" he cried. "listen to me, not him!" He sent out a wave of his power, and repulsed the heat coming off her, but had to increase it as the heat kept coming! As a consequence there was a super high intensity repulsion field formed around him for 3m which caved the floor in where he hovered and smashed the ceiling, making plaster rain down! Several desks were hurled violently aside and the heat gathering around the field caused fires to break out, fierce ones, that started to rage!

Joe wilted in the heat - so intense, like nothing he'd encountered before! And she was getting hotter still!

"Fraulein!" yelled the Nazi, as the 'ball of energy' around him started rolling across the room, smashing and pinging desks and chairs off in every direction! "Miss Fire!" he cried out.

Joe could barely hear. By now the heat was so intense the air was stifling in the office, and the paint peeling from the shield!

=========

Slight interlude...

"I recall the day as if it were yesterday. I was a secret service agent, and we'd been assigned to protect a guy who was, quite frankly amazing. He no more needed our protecut orders were orders, and FDR wasn't a man you said no to. At that stage I was young, restless, fit as a fiddle and trained every day. I was a shoe in for the job, top grades, smart as a whip. Problem was, I felt wasted, used as an errand boy or glorified cop. Let me tell you. When I saw that guy blow out the side of the building, clothes on fire, and fall five or six storeys straight down and flatten that car, I was sure he was dead! Instead he got to his feet, red white and blue costume smouldering, shield glowing orange but still showing where the paint had been, save now it was kind of baked onto the shield. The people he was fighting - there was, at first, a dame and some black energy guy. Sounds crazy then but kind of run of the mill now. Well, anyway, the dame came to the hole in the wall first. There was debris and flames boiling everywhere. She'd gone crazy! And I saw this guy, the one we'd been told to protect, laying his life on the line for others. That was when I knew what I had to do. As for the powers? I've no idea. I caught a ricochet earlier in the day from a crazy super powered mobster. Didn't think anything of it, bandaged up and limping round for a while. It was still in me, the bullet that was. I think it did something to me, dunno what. It was pure dumb luck, cause most of the time that stuff sizzled straight through you and left a hole where your skin, muscle and bone used to be. I rub the scar on my leg sometimes, and imagine it's in there, the sliver. Think about taking it out, but then wonder where all those people I helped over the years would be. I tell you this."

"They woulda been dead if not for the man I saw that day who changed the entire course of the rest of my life, and quite a few others. The first American Super Hero."

"General Freedom was his name, and America would see his selfless example repeated throughout the years that followed..."

=========

Vital signs fluctuating...

Wailed the voice in Joes head. He cried out, one of pain. Everywhere hurt before he realised that was good. Pain meant alive. Looking about, still dazed from the fall, he saw he'd flattened a car when the woman had finally released all the pent up rage inside her. The entire floor - not the room - the floor, had been completely gutted and only white hot steel stanchions prevented the roof - or what remained - falling in! As smoke and flame poured from the wreckage of the floor he'd been on, he looked around. People were screaming, running for cover. Some - the police, secret service agents, a few FBI men who'd arrived, were standing their ground behind the cover of wrecked autos.

With tatters of the mask still in place and the costume for the most past charred and blackened, his skin underneath raw as if a normal person had spent a week in the sun, Joe felt half dead.

<<Not quite. The explosion would have killed a normal man. This unit predicts that, without the shield, you would have died, the flesh melted from your bones. Suggestion: Immediate medical attention and retreat!>>

As Joe peeled his battered body from the auto-mobile wreckage he saw the woman stand on the lip of the blown out floor. The explosion, when it'd gone off, was enormous! The woman, Miss Fire, looked rather different now. Her glass like skin had gone, and she was naked, shivering, covering herself with her arms and looking scared. People gasped and cried out - the scandal of it all! Joe glanced about. Still too many in the streets for his liking. One young man, in a suit, stood close by. He looked like a secret service agent, gun in hand, but he had a hole in his trousers about thigh level on one leg and a bandage underneath. The bloodstains suggested he'd been shot.

"Never surrender." he whispered. "Evil triumphs when good men surrender..." he said, staring at General Freedom. With that, he turned and set off, limping, for a car down the street!

Joe turned to the burning building, top two floors in flames now. Suddenly the woman screamed, and fell off the lip of the floor as if shoved! Pinball! Though he couldn't see the man from here, it was clear he was happy to let the girl fall to her death!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 16 2011, 22:28

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
"Never surrender." he whispered. "Evil triumphs when good men surrender..." he said, staring at General Freedom. With that, he turned and set off, limping, for a car down the street!

Joe turned to the burning building, top two floors in flames now. Suddenly the woman screamed, and fell off the lip of the floor as if shoved! Pinball! Though he couldn't see the man from here, it was clear he was happy to let the girl fall to her death!

"Arghh. Mum said there would be days like this." Joe pulled himself together as he raced toward the woman.

"Computer can I make it, urgh, to catch her. If not just overlay a path for me to lay down an ice slide - we've not time for chit chat."

Joe stretched out his hands as he moved, faster now, able to ignore the pain through shear bloody mindedness and tenacity.

OOC:

1. Ok depending on speed, distance etc, I'll try and catch her if I can save my energy for Pinball. But if not I'll let you determine how much I need to use to sort things out.
2. What is the situation regarding the hostages and the mobsters? I'll need to get cover and get the girl out of the way. Since its me they want, I need to think of a plan B.

3. Once the girl is safe and depending on what is going on - I'll take the opportunity to call out to the reporters and the crowd. The following before racing into the building.

"My fellow Americans, war is upon us. Super Humans, imbibed with German technology walk among us threatening our lives, our freedoms and our livelihoods. Within this building is a German agent, working with criminal gangs, tell your senator, tell you governor, tell the government - we are at war and our enemy walks among us!"

I'm going for the dramatic because I want Hitler to get this message even if its going to be months before America gets its but in gear, nonetheless I want them to get ready and give Hitler a cause for concern.

4. With that I will turn toward the bank entrance and look for a way to get in. I guess this time it will have to be the front door.

I wanted to charge in on the bike, jump off as I get near, with the laughing gas cannister's plugs pulled as I leave the bike so it fills the place up with the gas. But the problem I have is it not smashing into civilians as well as the crooks alike. But if this is feesable then I'll give it a try. If not then I guess I'm going in trying to hold my breath and throwing cannisters into the areas away from me to try and tie up the goons from killing civilians. Sorry bit tapped out on ideas at present.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 17 2011, 22:45

Agent Joe Hoskyn

OOC ok, let's take a look at this...

<<Only the superhuman known as Lionheart has demonstrated speed enough to cover the distance in the time required, and the reactions needed to catch the woman. Processing. Overlaying trajectories.>>

General Freedom saw lines and angles overlaid across his sight, along with changing numbers. He wasn't distracted by the falling womans screams, nor by those of the few women stood about in the street watching this miniature war zone unfurl!

Joe knew he had only one shot at this. The computer confirmed, by placing a 'suggested energy usage' meter in the top left of his vision! "In for a penny... " sighed Joe.

He leveled his arms and fired for all he was worth (OOC 10 dice...) creating snow which gathered under where the woman would fall!

With a flump! she disappeared from view, and Joe was the first to reach her, slithering over his own snow which was around three feet deep! Lying dazed in a heap, the woman looked about, then up at the hero stood above her, the tattered remains of his costume fluttering about him! Joe glanced about, and grabbed a fallen flag that was burnt and frayed around the edges, handing it to the woman who wrapped it around herself and looked bewildered. "Th... Thankyou. They said things about you...that you were really some sort of evil... I don't know.. Prince? It didn't make sense and now? It still doesn't make sense. You saved me!" She flung herself at Joe, who had little choice but to accept her hug! Turning to those gathered in the street, he shouted "My fellow Americans, war is upon us. Super Humans, imbibed with German technology walk among us threatening our lives, our freedoms and our livelihoods. Within this building is a German agent, working with criminal gangs, tell your senator, tell you governor, tell the government - we are at war and our enemy walks among us!"

People were clapping and cheering at his rescue, then hung on every word as flashbulbs popped. The all American hero, battered, bloodied, bruised and burnt, but still able to save a beautiful girl now draped in an American flag - it would run on every newspaper in North America if the photographers made it away from the scene in one piece!

=========

He stood in the shadows of the building as the wreckage burnt all around him...

"Curse you Amerikaner!" hissed the man known as Pinball, a play on the all American pastime that had become a national obsession only a few years previously! He looked about then assessed the situation. The best plan was... He cursed again. Discredit the man! He charged himself up, forming a solid looking sphere of black/silver energy around him, and leapt from the building!

Joe whipped the shield around as a great 3m metre sphere crashed down from above on top of him!

The girl screamed, and the sphere bounced away, pinging hundreds of feet into the air! It would continue to ping about, bouncing off buildings and sidewalks and leaving smashed stonework in its wake as the Nazi made good his escape!

In the crater made by the pounding of the sphere, Joe stirred, lifting the shield up. It was unmarked, and had absorbed most of the impact! The girl was bruised but alive, and stirred in Joes arms. As the tattered hero rose, the cheers became wild, with clapping to match it, and even the authorities joined in!

He didn't have time for that though! tearing what was left of a sleeve from his arm, Joe pulled it around his face, tying it up to form a mouth filter of sorts. He knew the tear gas would affect him, but there was little else to do ... <<Ventilate the building. Don't use the door.>> suggested the computer and in doing so suggesting a course of action that would become the standard method of entrance for superpowered individuals from thereon!

OOC 5 dice of energy left, low Htc and Htk, the Nazi (Pinball) making his escape at speed (you can possibly try and stop him as he pings away?) and the hostages still in the tear gas filled bank with mobsters. Over to you...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 18 2011, 09:40

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:OOC 5 dice of energy left, low Htc and Htk, the Nazi (Pinball) making his escape at speed (you can possibly try and stop him as he pings away?) and the hostages still in the tear gas filled bank with mobsters. Over to you...

Joe looked at the fleeing Nazi, clearly brains won out over brawn, Joe just hoped his superiors caught up with him before he had another chance to stop Joe returning home.

After disentangling himself from the girl, he followed the computers instructions as best he could before proceeding cautiously inside the bank.

OOC:
Ok didn't think it was particularly heroic to leave the bank to the cops and chase a loan Nazi.

Depending on the layout of the front, I will seek to ventilate as instructed but also decided here and now if its worth trying to sneak in low, or just go in and make myself the target. I know the shield withstand a lot more than ordinary earth alloys or metals. But clearly I don't know if it withstand the Lunariam bullets or not.

So depending on how it looks from my vantage point I will either go in with my hands raised (shield strapped to one arm) ready to draw fire, ask for the hostages to be let go and have myself as hostage, or else go in shield raised all guns blazing etc. I won't attempt this second course of action if it appears that the people are going to be easily threatened such that they'd be used as human shields or what not.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 18 2011, 10:10

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Watching the Nazi go, Joe knew he'd meet the man again at some point... Having moved away from the bewildered girl, General Freedom moved to the side of the bank door and glanced in. The Gangsters were still armed, but with streaming stinging eyes there was a very real chance of them shooting the hostages who were gathered in a group in the middle of the bank floor. They were suffering from the tear gas, but Joe knew it couldn't be helped. Joe counted one, two.. three ... four... five... six Gangsters, mostly holding those 'innocuous' looking tommy guns to one side and a handkerchief to their faces. He wasn't too worried about them.

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 4 33uppqx

The 7' bruiser near the back of the room was another matter. He was coughing, and wiping his eyes, but the size of the man suggested he was no mere goon in a costume! Whomever was behind all these attacks on him today, it was clear they weren't lacking in volunteers to go up against him!

Joe figured on his original plan - would he now have to revise it?

OOC If I get chance today, will cook up a map, but it's a big square room with offices off to the side and a long counter on one wall. The hostages are sat in the middle, suffering from the tear gas whilst the 6 gangsters stand about, also suffering. The big goon at the back is around 20m away, and wiping his eyes at the moment. And by big... well, it's clear (to Joe) he's no ordinary 'joe' in a jumpsuit... If you decide to act, you get the drop on them and can take all four frames first thanks to the tear gas.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 18 2011, 11:07

[quote="Admin"]Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
OOC If I get chance today, will cook up a map, but it's a big square room with offices off to the side and a long counter on one wall. The hostages are sat in the middle, suffering from the tear gas whilst the 6 gangsters stand about, also suffering. The big goon at the back is around 20m away, and wiping his eyes at the moment. And by big... well, it's clear (to Joe) he's no ordinary 'joe' in a jumpsuit... If you decide to act, you get the drop on them and can take all four frames first thanks to the tear gas.

OOC:
Ok I am going to use the four frames to hit four of the goons with my gun, four shots one each aimed at disarming, damaging the weapon or stopping them from using their weapons. If there is a chance however that the civis will get hit, then I'll change that plan for firing at the big goon, whom I suspect will end up being bullet proof anyway.

Joe launched a devestating attack trying to keep low and take out as many of these armed goons as possible with his side arm, so the civilians might have a real chance to go free whilst he took on those that remained. He hoped that firing inn this way would enrage the enemy to attack him and not take advantage of the hostages presence to force him to surrender.

OOC:

Obviously if they play it smart, then they will use the hostages against me, and I'll have to give in and go quietly until I can get a chance to get back. Should they try to kill the hostages anyways, all bets are off and I'll completely loose it - I suspect.

I'll let you roll for this Paul as I don't know what the exact rolls will be with these fine weapons, my skills (uhem!) etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20 2011, 23:46

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Joe leveled the weapon over the rim of the shield and opened fire! Thanks to the nature of the enemy (unable to see the shots coming) even his wild shots came close to the mark, whereas his accurate ones were dead on the money!

Gangsters cried out as the weapons were shot from limp hands, all save one shot which pinged into a wall. The others (OOC 3 Gangsters) tried to level their guns and fire! The very real chance of them firing wildly on helpless civilians suddenly increased!

The big man looked across, took in the site of the man in the brightly coloured costume and laughed. "Heh. So YOU'RE the one we're really after? They never said nuthin' 'bout pyjamas..." he chuckled. "But hey, that was the price for these wacky powers, and y'know what? Seems like a good deal!"

What happened next was a god-send to General Freedom! The big man barged his way through the people on the floor, scattering them in all directions! This had the effect of throwing them out of the line of fire, and Gangsters filled the floor where there'd been hostages with lethal lunarium slivers!

"HEY YA LUGS! WATCH WHERE YA SHOOTIN'!" bellowed the big man as he was peppered with needle like slivers of the red glowing element! He brushed them away, smarting with pain and shaking his head. "Give those goons the weapons to do some REAL damage and they can't even shoot in a straight line..." He growled, strode over to General Freedom and towered over him before delivering an earth shattering blow!

OOC Roll total of 9... miss.

"STAND STILL YA GOON!" bellowed the big man!

OOC GF 8, Bad guys ... 3. 3 frames to General Freedom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 21 2011, 10:40

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:"STAND STILL YA GOON!" bellowed the big man!
OOC GF 8, Bad guys ... 3. 3 frames to General Freedom

"These threads make me a symbol for all that is best about America, land of liberty. Whilst your garb is far worse, you were the look of a petty man, a bully a coward, someone who at this time of America's need, like a rat prey's on the weak for his own gratification. What did they promise you, money, power...you want to see how this works out. Do you think that the Nazi's gave you all these things for free. They won't leave you this way, chances are you'll be infected, dying from within. Used like a paper dypper before being thrown away."

Joe wanted his words to hurt, it hurt him to see his own people, even if they were criminals, fighting for the Nazi's at a time like this. Sometimes the truth could be as effective a tool as all the powers he possessed. But the time for talk was fast coming to and end.

OOC:
Ok I suspect his dividers are going to negate my guns power so it ends up being annoying but hardly harmful.

So, depending on how it looks 'on the ground' I will either - try and move to get one of the Lunarium guns to use on him. If getting by isn't possible and the gun is still preferable to fists, I'll maybe use a little bit of ice energy to make the floor slippery - enough for me to get past and get the gun.

But if fists are likely to be a better use in the situation I'll go with them instead.

I don't mind what I do, but tactically I'll go for what looks like it will do the most effective damage, from your description of the Lunarium bullets that sounds like they will. But if, "on the ground" it would be clear to me otherwise, I'll lead with three attacks - punches straight on instead.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 22 2011, 01:18

Agent Joe Hoskyn

His words stung rather more than the General expected his fists to! Despite being stronger than he'd ever been, far stronger than most had an idea about, once again he was ranged against an opponent who dwarfed him! He wondered if the others were having a day like his...

<<The enemy looks to have no better than average human dexterity. Suggest you ice up the floor, though it may hinder your own progress...>>

General Freedom figured getting one of those deadly Lunarium 'sliver' guns off of one of the hired muscle, seeing as they were tied up with tear gas. That reminded the General - he would have to watch himself - though he wore goggles and had covered his mouth, if it slipped he would be a victim of the gas he'd thrown!

"HA!" bellowed the big man. "YA MISSED...?" he glanced down. The brightly garbed enemy had seemingly missed him when firing a strange blue energy that turned into hardened ice a heartbeat away from his hand, and instead hit the floor...

"WHOA!" bellowed the giant. "Now wait a SECCCCONNNNNNDDDDDD!!!!!" he wailed, slipping backwards as he went over onto his backside! The ice splintered all about him. The rest of the bank floor around here was covered too and the hostages cried out as they lost their balance where they sat! A gangster spun several feet into the air and came down with a loud crack!

General Freedom saw his chance and started towards the fallen gun...

=========

The big man was angry, but realised that his enemy was injured...

All it would take was one decisive blow!

OOC GF used a 7 dice attack to ice up the floor. Bad guy failed first frame to get up, got up on second that uses his time to move over to General Freedom, off the ice. He's now in melee range. General Freedoms last frame gets him in range of a fallen gun. Initiative 5 GF, 4 bad guy. 1 frame. Want to pick the gun up or take a swing at the big bad fellow?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jan 22 2011, 09:41

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
OOC GF used a 7 dice attack to ice up the floor. Bad guy failed first frame to get up, got up on second that uses his time to move over to General Freedom, off the ice. He's now in melee range. General Freedoms last frame gets him in range of a fallen gun. Initiative 5 GF, 4 bad guy. 1 frame. Want to pick the gun up or take a swing at the big bad fellow?

With only a moments hesitation, Joe realised that if he went for the gun or for a fast blow, either option left him open to attack. But he replayed the scene he'd seen before, his enemy could be hurt by the Lunarium bullets which was why he went for the guns in the first place. As he reached for the gun, he had to hope his shield could take whatever the metahuman threw at him.

OOC:

I went for the gun, as I thought that being this big and strong he is going to have a bucket load of HTC and dividers and a single blow wasn't going to make as much difference as the gun does as that was seen to hurt him far more. I am getting ready to parry, with the shield.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 23 2011, 00:05

Agent Joe Hoskyn

General Freedom scooped up the machine gun with a hand whilst raising the shield in another...

OOC here's one for ya... The parry table lists WS (Shield) which the good General doesn't have. That would put his chance at parrying in the 'other' category. However, there HAS to be some advantage in using a shield, so I've ruled this: add half the difference between WS (shield) Other, which is 4 points, meaning a score of 10 required to parry. Not great, but the thing is with this shield is it's defensive properties. If you can get it in front of an incoming attack, it will help greatly. On that, the shield, if used successfully, treats the incoming attack as if you had a DC of 1 (Tough Skin grade 4). That means no HTK damage from WC 0 or 1 and immune to standard bullets and knives, regardless of whom attacks with them. To that add your strength modifiers of +1/+1.

The big man wasted no time, hammering blow after blow at the smaller man!

OOC 2 hits from four, damage of 29 and 25, parry rolls of 4 and 13, so the first strike gets through (reduced by dividers of /3htc meaning 9 points) and the second reduced by dividers of 6 thanks to the shield. 4 points from the second.

The floor cracks and splinters around General Freedoms feet as the blows rain down on him. One slams onto his shoulder, numbing it, the other pounds onto the shield and sends a shock up his arm, though with no other lasting effect save a little numbness. "What the hell is that thing made of?" bellows the big man, bemused that he'd not even dented the shield. It's structure had barely flexed under the pounding and the big man knew his opponent wouldn't be the pushover he'd first thought!

OOC You have just one frame left this round but have the machine gun in hand. Using it one handed would normally be a problem but super strength cancels that out. I will assume you shoot at the guy - point blank...Roll 19, hit, 14 htk, 2 htc and dividers reduced by 3. The big man takes the lot.

Bratatatatata! Thrusting the gun at the big man the General peppers him with minuscule needle like slivers! Crying out, the big man falls back a step or two. Though the slivers hadn't penetrated far there were dozens of them! They seemed to have another effect too - the big man staggered slightly to one side... "What the hell?" he growled.

OOC Initiative 3 GF, 5 bad guy, 1 frame to him. He attacks ... total 15, miss. 4 frames to the General...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next