The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Frostbite Issue #1

Post  Admin Wed Dec 08 2010, 03:24

Agent Joe Hoskyn
CODENAME: FROSTBITE

"Pay attention Lieutenant." said the man in the suit. "Alright, dim the lights."

The screen flickered and the man in charge started to speak. Joe Hoskyn watched intently. He was still unused to the rank he'd been given, preferring instead not to have to salute or be saluted, but at least it got doors open. He sat their in his Navy uniform having been assigned it for the duration of this mission. Truth told, it was a cover - Forbes and Dawson had already said he would be attached to HMS Marian a new prototype class of vessel based on designs offered by Hoskyn himself. Or at least, the voice inside him. A twin hulled 'catamaran' of low armour and incredibly high speed compared to the bulky armoured vessels that the Navy favoured. That it was painted matt black and invisible to sight unless one knew what they were looking for was another factor, though the lightweight hull allowed only enough space for a dozen crew and a couple of large calibre machine guns. She wouldn't win any fights with a battleship, but then, she didn't need to - she was designed instead to get near the vessel in question, then deliver her special payload.

Hoskyn himself.

He watched as the film rolled. "The Germans have, as we know, concentrated most of their efforts on developing undersea craft, submarines. We believe that their target will be to capture this..."

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 Vzx1kn

"The Faroe islands are home to around 30,000 people, mostly Danes. They occupy a point of incredible strategic importance but we feel there is time yet before they can establish a base. That's where you come in. A reconnaissance plane spotted something... strange on the islands. A building of some kind, like a mill without a sail and made of a smooth white material unlike any the pilot had seen before. He swears his testimony to be true but every single photgraph he took came out blurred. We've checked the camera since, and its fine. Something is going on there. You are to take the Marian north and investigate. The seas around that area are incredibly volatile, so you'll experience first hand the strength - or otherwise - of your design."

Hoskyn thought back over the last 7 weeks. He'd trained hard, barely been let out of camp and been chaperoned the whole time by DICE agents. Whilst he wanted to do his part in the war, it was clear his life was too important to be considered 'his own' though he'd been promised the leash would be loosened after a successful mission or two. The men around him were new to him. tough looking grizzled types, experienced seamen. The Captain. Mulhearne, was a man in his early fifties but in good shape. He'd not said much but it was clear he didn't have a lot of respect for the young American he'd been assigned to transport, nor for the craft that the young man had had a hand in designing. In every field trial she'd proven faster and more agile than anything the Navy had ever used before. She wouldn't withstand a direct hit from a Battleship however, so her role was that of fast deployment for special operatives, like Hoskyn.

"Choose your equipment Mister, and don't forget how to use the camera. We need proof of anything dodgy going on there." said Colonel Alan West, Hoskyns DICE liaison and commander of the mission. Ranks had little meaning in DICE though. It was clear to anyone with half a brain that the prized assets - those superhumans codenamed 'The Vanguard' would be given preference over just about anyone with regards their needs and protection!

<<The weather will be cold at this time of year but this unit projects that your dense flesh will withstand the extremes. Suggest you take a silenced pistol, possibly a crossbow of some kind, grapple, dark clothing, backpack with food supplies and a knife. From the vague description the target area resembles that of a P'utinarian base vessel which you encountered in the previous timeline.>>

Hoskyn wasn't sure what that meant - it sounded like gibberish. Most of the time the computer spoke with words that needed explanation and made Hoskyns frown, but every now and again they'd trigger a memory that made him think that he had been someone else in a former life. He shivered, and not from the cold.

OOC If you want to add anything to the equipment list feel free - you have the pick of 40s technology and to a limited degree, prototype gadgets and weapons from DICEs' equivalent of 'Q Branch'.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Frostbite Issue #1

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 08 2010, 07:34

The Faroe islandsAgent Joe Hoskyn

OOC If you want to add anything to the equipment list feel free - you have the pick of 40s technology and to a limited degree, prototype gadgets and weapons from DICEs' equivalent of 'Q Branch'.[/i]

OOC: ok Joe will go with the pistol and suppressor (silencer) as well as rope, grappling hook, backpack, camera and spare film obviously, Like the idea of the crossbow, and food supplies plus the knife. I'll also want a spade, twin and possible some wire, like a cheese cutter. I'll also take grenades rather than explosives as those hopefully will be more stable to carry. I'll take my 'combat gear' over which I will dress in the typical dress of the natives, or like a seamen. I'll take some of those freeze grenades as well, don't want to meet any more Carter's etc.

I think that covers most things.

My plan is to go in under dark and scout around to find both a place to hide and work from as well as the location of the base and any potential threats. I don't know, after all, whether this will be a quick job or I need to find a hole to bolt too and from.

Ok I think that about covers most things.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 09 2010, 00:18

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Joe Hoskyn knew little about the design of the craft he was boarding. The main body of the vessel sat between two sleek hulls of thin beaten aluminum, and the twin engines growled with pent up energy. The boffins had scratched their heads at the schematics he'd come up - some parts of the design were simply beyond their means, especially in such a short time, and many of the technical terms the inner voice had supplied were beyond his ability to relate accurately, so the designers and engineers improvised. It wasn't entirely successful as the boat sank before the engines had even been kicked into life. Once it was recovered several (now obvious) flaws were corrected and the pace of the thing was verified after it terrified the test pilot on a closed lake.

With the wind whipping up, he wondered why the others were wrapping up warm and he was fine in thin shirt and slacks. With a shrug he put it down to one of the many mysteries surrounding how he'd gotten his powers, stashed his equipment amidships, and grabbed a loop fabric handhold. Being able to blast freezing cold energy, withstand bullets and talk to something that had knowledge far beyond his own were all desirable traits, but he could still drown. The plan - to hug the coastline at high speed and fuel at Newcastle - seemed a sound one. Running at night would mean no prying eyes would see the matt black unmarked vessel. Even so, most of the crew thought he was barmy for coming up with the vessel plans, but they quickly shut up when they were passengers on the vessel and all thoughts and hopes turned to the things seaworthiness.

They needn't have worried.

=========

"Overheated. Those engines are good in theory but without seawater to cool them down we won't be able to run for more than an hour without risking blowing the things up." said the Captain, looking into the engine bay. Cocking his head to one side, as if listening, Hoskyn had an idea.

Minutes later they were running flat out, the Captain, amazed, shrugging to his first mate and glancing back to where their passenger leaned into the engine bay, emitting small amounts of cold to the radiators and coolant pipes. It worked a treat, and the engine remained at peak operating temperatures for hours, Hoskyn somehow knowing (with help of the inner voice) when to wake up and apply more coolant, and how much.

=========

"Here." said the Captain. He passed the binoculars over. Hoskyn had gotten some sleep until the seas turned choppy. The hammering of water against the bottom of the main hull had woken him, only for him to be greeted by green faces as sailors tried to hold onto their stomachs. The design had proven sound though - slice through the water and ignore the waves crashing over it - the sleek shape cut through the sea like a torpedo.

Now Hoskyn glanced at the target. Though they floated several hundred metres from the shoreline the thing stood out. There had been no attempt made to disguise or cover it up.

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 Fk5xlg

Memories unbidden sprang up. Visions of oozing creatures and metallic man like objects like something out of a science fiction serial. A battle, losing a dark clad friend as he made the ultimate sacrifice. What did it all mean? Hoskyn shuddered.

The Captain spoke "We were supposed to get you here. What you do is up to you. All I know is that whilst I outrank you, you are in charge and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. We have half a dozen soldiers on board you can use, the rest are skeleton crew. We'll need to make some running repairs. Though your design seemed sound the materials used were lacking somewhat. Ingenious using that... 'glass-fibre' stuff though. Strong AND saved weight. Lucky you knew about it eh, especially with it only being invented last year (1938...). So, 'sir' what's the plan?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 09 2010, 07:31

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
The Captain spoke "We were supposed to get you here. What you do is up to you. All I know is that whilst I outrank you, you are in charge and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. We have half a dozen soldiers on board you can use, the rest are skeleton crew. We'll need to make some running repairs. Though your design seemed sound the materials used were lacking somewhat. Ingenious using that... 'glass-fibre' stuff though. Strong AND saved weight. Lucky you knew about it eh, especially with it only being invented last year (1938...). So, 'sir' what's the plan?"

Joe gave the captain an appraising look, he knew it looked to him like Joe was some 'Johnny come lately' a jumped up American kid. But even he could see that there was more to Joe than met the eye. To be honest it was crazy, even to himself, Joe felt as if his body wasn't his own. That somehow he was hostage to something far greater and he was just a passenger along for the ride. But still as he put away the hazy memories that seemed as if they belong to him, he focused on the distant object and the captains words.

"Get the men ready captain, just 5 men plus me. We'll try and establish what we're dealing with here and report back, unless we get the chance to strike and take action. Make sure one of the men has the radio kit." At this point Joe stopped speaking in his American farm boy as within him the voice he'd come to call his 'robotic aid' interjected in a colder more distant voice. <<"Those communication system can be upgraded from this primitive system...">>

Shaking his head once again, Joe got his gear together as the assembled soldiers were given their orders and the ship moved into the island.

OOC:
1. Ok when the crew is ready to go we'll put to shore (however that might be).
2. We'll stow the boat and make sure that we can find it again later.
3. First order of the day is recon, getting an idea of the island? Who is here - villagers, fisherman? Is it just Nazi's or their 'alien' allies. What watches, patrols, guards exist etc.
4. I get the impression its dawn (correct me if I am wrong) so we might be limited in terms of what we can do and therefore will need to bed down and work at night.
5. So we will keep a low profile discovering what we can without hopefully being discovered and then make a plan to get into the facility under cover of darkness.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:21

Agent Joe Hoskyn

The collapsible row boat had been another idea suggested by the cold inner voice. Strips of fibreglass laid on a frame of fibre glass poles certainly didn't seem like the best way of getting to shore, but with half a dozen men at it, and most of those having been drilled in it several times before mission start, the thing was together, glued and flipped over for a sticky coating of sealant that would see it watertight in minutes. Wooden paddles sufficed to see the boat ashore, with the weight of the men meaning it would need two journeys to drop everyone off on shore. The boat was stashed halfway up the beach, it's incredibly light weight proving easy to move, and a light covering of sand sticking to the almost dry tacky gunk sealing it saw it near invisible save for close examination. Once finished with it would be sprayed with petrol and set alight with the team hopefully safely on board the speedboat.

With a few hours till dawn the black clad soldiers and DICE agent were able to move up the beach and slump onto a dune overlooking some of the island. The strange facility which had sprung up was being built around, generators hammering away to power floodlights as German soldiers erected wooden buildings and hammered fence posts into the ground. There must have been over 100 soldiers at work, and through he binoculars the British would see the Germans occasionally glance towards the strange towering structure, suggesting to Hoskyn it was frightening to them in some way. At the base of the large white structure a pair of double doors slid open, and a pair of exotic dressed individuals strode out, followed by ordinary looking German soldiers, around half a dozen of them.

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 Spcjtd

The pair seemed to be in authority. They barked orders to get the soldiers around them hurrying. They also seemed unconcerned about the likelihood of British attack - they must have known, for instance, that a spotter plane had flown overhead only a day or so before! The man was clad in white, with red cape and black boots contrasting with the white costume and blond hair, a picture of Nazi idealism. The woman - if such it was - had scaled skin, like a reptile, and green in colour too. When she spoke men looked up in fear and redoubled their efforts. The soldiers following them were impassive, and stared ahead without expression. A glance at them through the binoculars revealed something else of interest to Joe.

They were all visually identical.

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 2pq2k35

The others hadn't noticed that, but it chilled Frostbite to the bone. A glance about the rest of the island from the vantage point revealed little. There were too many mounds and hills in the way from here, but doubtless it would have been a sleepy little island with a few fishing villages and little else, before being dragged into this war!

The Nazis had stolen a march on Britain by securing this place as a stronghold!The question was - what could Frostbite do about it?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 10 2010, 07:43

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Drawing the men around him, Joe quickly outlined what he wanted to do. He quickly discarded the idea of splitting the men up. Who knew what those Nazi's could do. Left to their own devices the men might easily be overwhelmed and used as a ploy to draw out Joe's team. This was dangerous enough he didn't want to waste their one gambit to get at this place undetected.

Equally he was very tempted to go for the generators, but in the confusion he risked not being able to find out what was going on. He didn't just want to wreck the site, he wanted to win back the initiative. More than that he hoped that he could keep his own powers a secret long enough to keep the Nazi's guessing.

So they quickly, and silently as possible moved around the hill, seeking to circle around to the tower. Whatever was going on here, it seemed that, that tower held all the answers.

OOC:
Ok not very exciting post today. But going to play it cool for all the reasons above. I also don't want to see my men detected by super hearing or something so we are using hand gestures only.

If I've understood things clearly, we'll move away from the men (and if not we'll move away form the men anyway) to eventually circle around and come up behind the tower with the men on the opposite side of our approach. We'll be trying to avoid sentries and what have you. But if we see anyone, we'll try and take them out, get one of our own dressed in their uniform and carry on as if nothing was untoward.

Our aim is to try and get into the tower. But if we are detected before hand we'll start throwing grenades, shooting and asking question later. Also as we approach I will be taking pictures as best I can in the limited environment that we are in.

Note to self, Must work on a better camera next...;-).

Ok hope that my rambling is clear.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 11 2010, 23:51

OOC Apologies - wife went out last night for xmas do and came home hammered so ended up sorting her out instead of doing important stuff like post Smile

Agent Joe Hoskyn

The team, under Hoskyns direction, stuck to the shadows and trees to make their way around the camp. It seemed very much like the place was being prepared as some kind of more permanent base. For some kind of invasion force or...?

<<Based on the visual information you have supplied the tower appears to be the focus and hub of this settlement. I am detecting a strange sub harmonic resonance emanating from the structure which may be the preliminary setup for a defensive field of some kind. Once that is erected based on the technology being used and knowledge of the previous timeline where these towers appeared to be of alien origin, this unit surmises that nothing the Allies have in their arsenal will penetrate the defensive field. It is reasonable to expect that there will be strong offensive capabilities to ward off ground, sea or air assault. Also, based on the visual information you supplied, those soldiers following the two metahumans appear to be clones. This unit in a previous host encountered a facility that used advanced cloning techniques and technologies and there may be some kind of link between that and the technology used.*>>
said the inner voice. It was cold, calm, calculating. Also, oddly reassuring. Joe knew that the inner voice would never seek to harm him, only help.

The Team continued to stick to the shadows. The area was being cleared by workers in diggers and tractors who chopped trees down and set them to being planed in a makeshift saw mill. Very efficient and effective. Very German.

Slumping on the mound of a hill in cover, the small group watched. They were near enough opposite, albeit a mile distant, from where they'd spied the camp. The gleaming white tower stood just over a mile away, and the main activity of the camp was milling within a hundred yards of it. Out here the workers had time to relax, have a cigarette and clear the trees away. Most had rifles propped against machines and the solitary guard amongst the dozen or so men was laughing and joking with the others rather than watching the wooded area around them, where Hoskyn and his team watched.

A dozen men. If only one of them got a shot off, it would alert the distant camp, and more importantly, those two superhuman types. Hoskyn had been briefed about the Nazi superhumans - by all means observe, evaluate, but do not engage! There was no telling how powerful they were, and knowledge was the most important asset the British Intelligence services had right now! Lack of it could be disastrous, and certainly DICE would be very interested - and alarmed - to hear of a Nazi base being set up within striking distance of the Scottish mainland...

<<I must inform you, now that we are some distance away from the white tower, I have picked up another transmission from it. I cannot decode it, but it seems to be some kind of carrier wave or amplification signal. It matches no configuration or frequency this unit knows of. It might - supposition - be something that amplifies the thought waves of the human mind, or perhaps minds that cannot be considered human. This unit did not detect it as a signal, but rather in the axons of your cerebral cortex. This unit advises caution.>>

"Sir!" hissed a soldier not far from Hoskyn. "Look!" Hoskyn followed his pointing motion. A german soldier was walking towards their position, presumably to relieve himself...

*OOC And that would be waaaaayyyyyy back in Frostbite Issue #4, the company called Genetech International. Frostbite had his watch stolen and followed the thief to the company where he battled a bunch of cloned superhumans... How much of that Joe Hoskyn 'remembers' from Joe Rigdon is up to you though... Issues was dated Feb 10 2010 so no surprise if you don't remember! I have all the lot archived though Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Dec 12 2010, 14:51

OOC Apologies - wife went out last night for xmas do and came home hammered so ended up sorting her out instead of doing important stuff like post Smile Hope she is feeling better now!

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
"Sir!" hissed a soldier not far from Hoskyn. "Look!" Hoskyn followed his pointing motion. A german soldier was walking towards their position, presumably to relieve himself...

Joe saw his chance, he knew that in all likelihood, with the advanced technology and Meta human support the Germans had somehow accessed, (he still wasn't sure he believed what that Lionheart guy, had said. But truth had taken a much wider and stranger meaning these last couple of months as he was testimony to!). Again using hand motions he waved the men forward in two groups. He would take out the soldier, as he relieved himself and have the men watch the line.

Moving up on him, Joe wanted to go subtle and quite. Using his 'frost' power wasn't going to help. He stealthily moved forward, allowing one of his man to make a distracting noise off to one side so he could come up with his garrotte behind the man and loop it around him so he couldn't shout out. And pull him back into the undergrowth.

OOC: ok I will go for some rolls here: 1d20+2+10=15, 1d20+2+10=24 to hit. and then yank him back into the undergrowth. We will knock him out, strip him off his uniform and get into it so as to try and infiltrate.

We'll then call one of the other men over, saying something like take a look at this, but in German and then disappear into the try line so they don't immediately see its not the man who was there moments ago. We're relying on their complacency and relaxed attitude to get the men to come and look. Then we'll train our guns on them, anyone who cries out will be shot.

We'll kits out as many as we can with uniforms and then hide the men, tied up with one of our team watching them. We'll then grab their stuff and hide our own within wheelbarrows and what not and make our way back to the tower as best we can. Since I'm trained in speaking German, I'll do the talking.

*OOC And that would be waaaaayyyyyy back in Frostbite Issue #4, the company called Genetech International. Frostbite had his watch stolen and followed the thief to the company where he battled a bunch of cloned superhumans... How much of that Joe Hoskyn 'remembers' from Joe Rigdon is up to you though... Issues was dated Feb 10 2010 so no surprise if you don't remember! I have all the lot archived though Smile

I think Joe H, is going to start getting more and more of this, playing the two is getting a little strange and harder to keep straight in my head. When he gets a chance to meet his sister again it might be fun for the transformation to be almost complete and an English speaking Joe H with Joe R's memories trying to recall the man she thinks he is ;-).

IC:

Unbidden as Joe moved forward came the words the world, of the computer and the life he'd spoken off. Peoples faces floated before him. But one face kept coming stronger and stronger. A man, not many years older than himself. Like him but unlike him but more importantly covered with ice, blue and hard like diamond. There was something about the eyes....Joe snapped back,

"Come on Hoskyn no time to day dream."
He berrated himself before putting his improvised plan into action.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 12 2010, 22:10

Agent Joe Hoskyn

OOC Roll of 13 on the language check. Unlucky for some... for Hoskyn...?

"Gkkkh!" gurgled the German as Hoskyn moved up from the bushes to loop the garotte around his targets' neck! Pulling the man back and dragging him towards the trees as he'd been shown in basic training, Joe was able to successfully move him out of sight quickly and quietly. His men were none too gentle, one taking a cosh out and delivering two meaty THUMPS to the target with the lead filled weapon. As the soldier slumped, the others set to stripping him, and Joe turned back towards the treeline and the area beyond, hoping his german wouldn't sound as rusty as it did to his own ears!

Two of the relaxing men looked up. One glanced at the other, then both laughed. One fished about for a toilet roll and with the others jeering at him, set off towards the trees.

He came into the treeline and gasped. There were several solid THUMPS then he was down.

As the voices and laughter continued, the American and his British team moved quietly from the trees, weapons trained. One of the Germans turned, seeing something from the corner of his eye. Then, the laughter stopped.

=========

On the way back to the tower....

"That went better than expected." hissed one of the men walking beside Joe. All had dirtied themselves and made themselves look as Joe and four others (with one left behind to guard the captives) threaded their way through the German camp. Nearer the newly erected buildings, the guards were more alert but Hoskyns plan appeared to be working. All about were workers toiling away at erecting barrack style buildings from wood, hammering away and with typical German efficiency, seemingly making short work of it. Joe and the others were uncomfortably aware they were surrounded on all sides by now by armed Germans!

A hundred or so yards away from the base of the white ceramic building, a voice nearby and behind the group called out "Halt!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 13 2010, 07:39

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
Joe and the others were uncomfortably aware they were surrounded on all sides by now by armed Germans!

A hundred or so yards away from the base of the white ceramic building, a voice nearby and behind the group called out "Halt!"

OOC: Ok Paul need an idea of where everything is, what room we've got to hide, duck away or just run for it if things go south quickly here.

There is little point in us pretending not to notice. So we will instead drop the wheelbarrow and get into a line and stand to attention, waiting to be addressed.

My plan is to try and tough this out, we'd done the work and came back for more supplies something along those lines. But if we don't get where we need to, then we've got to think things out on the spot. Trying to bluff our way into things. Our weapons and stuff are hidden within the bags, bits or wheelbarrows we've got with us. So our aim is to try and still get closer to pulling this off.

If worst comes to worst then I think we have to start blowing things up, dropping grenades and causing mayhem under which we get to the tower and see if we can't break inside. Given the security of this place, we know should they complete it we'll have nothing to break in, so we must stop it before it starts. But I hope it won't come to that.

===========

Joe nodded at the men, indicating for them to follow his lead. He quickly told them to get into line and as they waited for the official to come over they, painfully, hailed Hitler dutifully. None of the men were nervous, they were too well trained for that, but all of the men were ready as was Joe. He knew his plan, such as it was, was risky.

Unbidden more 'memories' floated into his mind. Attacks on other secure locations, with others like him. dangerous plans, improvised attacks and bizarrely the strongest sensation that he could become ghost like floating into locked rooms or through walls as if they weren't there. Not that any of that helped right now. But these strange memories were become more vivid. Bringing his mind back to the present, Joe waited calm, but ready.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 14 2010, 00:51

Agent Joe Hoskyn

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 T51u0z

OOC Hmmm. Looks like shrinking the picture to fit ruined the text. Oh well. The white circle with red=Germans (larger group =bigger circle), the red is you guys and the grey blocks are buildings with the white circle being the 'mysterious' construct. Your team came off the righ hand side of the map, where woodlands are.

Sure enough, Joe turned round and saw half a dozen Nazi soldiers striding towards him. One bore the insignia of Captain, and it was he who held a pair of leather gloves in his hand, waving them at the dishevelled group to stop and wait. The others were ordinary soldiers, though one looked like a sergeant.

OOC ouch. Roll of 3 for translating the German. Oh well...

"Sie dort! Welche Art von erklärt denken Sie, dass der herrlich Wehrmacht Sie dulden wird, der um hinein läuft? Schauen Sie an! Sie sind eine Schande! Gut was müssen Sie sagen?" spat the officer, leaning into Joe so he could smell the garlic on the mans breath. The Captain looked the others up and down, who squirmed under his gaze. Their German was passable - for a clumsy tourist wanting to know where the police station and the like were, but this man was angry, and fired the words off too quickly for Joe to catch!

<<You xxxxx! What xxxx xxx state xx xxx think xxx glorious xxxxxxxxx will xxxxxxxx you walking xxxxxxx in? The rest was spoken too quickly for my internal registers to pick up. This unit believes the German officer is giving you a dressing down for being 'dressed down'.>> said the voice inside Joes head. A quick glance around revealed that even those hard at work were expected to wear their jackets and full uniforms, and wash themselves in buckets of water dotted about the camp. The soldiers near the officer eyes Joes group up, and the Sergeant frowned, moving forward to say something! A look from the enraged Captain silenced the man and the officer turned to face Joe, hissing again, "Brunnen?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 14 2010, 07:51

[quote="Admin"]Agent Joe Hoskyn

A look from the enraged Captain silenced the man and the officer turned to face Joe, hissing again, "Brunnen?"

OOC: Ok doing this entirely from my memory without going to google so spelling and all that.

Joe said, "Nein, Kapitan!" In rather a small voice, as if to look contrite for his state and situation.

He didn't know what else to do, but didn't wish to rouse the man's ire any more than needed. But he was already struggling to control his temper. For a moment he suddenly flashed back to another time and another place. He'd seen them fighting strange mechanical beasts and a tower not unlike this one from which they were desperately trying to...free! It was a ship a rocket ship of some sort?

Joe fought to bring his attention back to the present, not daring to look the Captain in the eye.

But at the same time he was poised, his hand resting on the gun, he had nestled inside his coat discretely tucked away but ready to use.

OOC:

Ok bad rolls so don't know if I can pass off as incompetent - where is a bluff check when you need it ;-). But if he continues to spout German I guess I'm going to be reduced to guessing what he is saying and this is quickly going to go badly.

So I am getting ready to fight, if it comes to that. I'll have the men throw grenades at the group in front and the one to the north, top of the map and run in a westerly direction claiming the Captain has gone made, and is throwing bombs, in my best broken German. And try and use that to get to the citadel/tower.

But I guess it depends on where it goes next with this guy?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 15 2010, 09:42

Agent Joe Hoskyn

By now several other groups were taking notice, and Joe felt the situation was turning more and more towards a violent confrontation, a desperate battle to get to the white tower whilst running the gauntlet of angry Nazis aware of spies in their midst!

The Captains' nostrils flared, and he turned to bark an order... but a glance at the sergeant who gaped past the Captain silenced him. "Was...?" he started, then turned. Joe and those with him turned, and Joes' heart sunk!

Floating, unsuspended by visible means, the Nazi they'd seen earlier in the costume and cape hovered some 10m or so away, around the same distance from the floor. Now the attention of everyone in the camp was turned on the scene...

"Now..." he said in clear, accented English. "What is going on here?"

<<At this moment in time, the United States is NOT at war with Germany. The Germans have been actively seeking to avoid confrontation. This may go in your favour should you wish to surrender.>> offered the inner voice...

OOC Did draw a picture of the Nazi floating but it was crap. Use ya imagination... Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 15 2010, 12:21

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
"Now..." he said in clear, accented English. "What is going on here?"

<<At this moment in time, the United States is NOT at war with Germany. The Germans have been actively seeking to avoid confrontation. This may go in your favour should you wish to surrender.>> offered the inner voice...

Joe couldn't believe what he was seeing. Would the voice prove true? It had done up until now, and deep down inside he knew he could trust the voice...the computer. The word floated forward unbidden as a distant memory yet again crashed ashore in his waking mind. The Computer had prove faithful or at least factual every time. Though Joe might not trust its judgement he couldn't deny its factual accuracy. But would these Nazi's let them closer, if as a result of declaring his citizenship? 'Probably not', he mused quickly. But it might buy them some more time and keep him and his men from being cut to ribbons with gunfire and who knows what else this Nazi might throw at them. If only the other men kept quiet.

Joe struck a more relaxed pose, to try and cue his men in on what was going on.

"You don't sound very German and apart from that getup, you don't look like a soldier? But I have to say that its impressive you floatin' there. Can't even see any wires, buddy! So what is this some entertainment camp, anyway?"

Joe made it quiet clear that just as he was unsure of who it was he was facing, they would be very clear he spoke with a low long American drawl. There could be no mistaking his identity. He knew they'd fight, but now he had them on the off foot, the last thing they'd expect is America to step up, hopefully if it came to blows it might mean they'd be in a better situation to do so, without loosing his men unnecessarily.

OOC:

Oh boy, I am going to call you Mr Ratchet, just when things aren't tense enough, you manage to ratchet it up another knotch or seven ;-). Boy playing around a table with you as GM would be two parts terrifying and one part edge of your seat, adrenaline pumping thrill a moment stuff. And I'm not just saying this, I'm saying this as someone who does DM and has done for a while.

Anyway I'll take the bone the computer gave me and play it for what its worth. I doubt we'll get to the tower, but I want to get away from being surrounded, by so many men, but I am thinking we're going to have to fight our way out of this.

We can't let them take our weapons and stuff, or we're all stuffed and my men can be held hostage to force me to act in the Nazi's interests, so I think I've made a big mistake - and will have to pay for it the hard way! But we'll see what happens...I'll only strike if we've no other choice. If they don't search us but do surround us I might just wait a tad longer. But I've got an itchy finger here, knowing that the tension is high - but wanting to play it cool as possible.

As to a story if asked questions I'll say, the American's have been keeping tabs - for our own interests sake. Hence we landed here to see if we could set something up, but found we'd been beaten to the punch. And decided to come have a look at what you'd been up to! I want to try and make it clear America knows we are here so no funny business will sit well with Washington.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 16 2010, 17:12

Agent Joe Hoskyn

The flying mans eyes widened. "America? ACHTUNG!" All across the camp soldiers whirled, scrabbling for weapons and sprinting across to the mud splattered ground where Joe and his allies stood. Those who'd been addressing them grabbed for weapons and stood back. The men with Joe were smart enough not to go for theirs - they'd have been cut down in a heartbeat!

Within seconds more Germans were arriving, and soon the small group was absolutely surrounded!

The Germans parted as the tall mean looking lizard woman barged her way through, and the flying man hovered there.

<<Of course, being as time has changed inexorably thanks to the time shifting, it's possible that the information I have is not entirely accurate...>> added the computer.

Joe cringed, but before he could say anything, the flying man ordered "If you have weapons, I suggest you drop them! Whilst we have standing orders not to engage in battle with Americans, the same cannot be said of spies, no matter their nationality! You are in serious trouble gentlemen! How did you get here, and what was your purpose? For whom are you working and who are you in contact with? And I am fully aware of what passes for 'American Humour'. Any ... 'wisecracks' as you say will not please me!"

The mean looking lizard woman came over to stand near the group, snake tongue rasping from her mouth occasionally. "And I..." she said in a thick accent "am not someone you wish to displease!" With that her tongue shot several metres to coil around a soldiers throat! The man cried out and Joe turned to call out a protest... but the tongue whipped back of a sudden leaving horrible puss filled welts on the mans neck! He gurgled, crying out, and grasped his throat, turning blue!

"He will die!" said the Flying man. "Unless you tell us what we wish to know! And that is just the start of what we can do!!!"

OOC Ah yes, you are in a 'bit of a pickle'... Still, there's a silver lining to every cloud. They haven't opened fire. Yet...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 16 2010, 19:17

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Admin wrote:
OOC Ah yes, you are in a 'bit of a pickle'... Still, there's a silver lining to every cloud. They haven't opened fire. Yet...

OOC:

Ermm I don't know what to do? I think I'm going to have to think about this a bit more. But to be honest I don't see a lot of options besides shooting my way out!

I'm going out now so I'll have another go at this later. Edit: Ok back now, lets try this:

"Hey hey, Lady!" Joe said indignant at the way the women had just handled one of his men. He went over to check the man was ok.

"Now if you want to avoid a diplomatic situation here, I suggest we start over again. Its not as if we can book an appointment at reception here!".

Joe looked angry, he was angry. Perhaps his own lack of experience had meant he'd made a mess of poor decisions, hoping his American credentials would get them through this wasn't it seemed such a great decision and he was staring at the edge of an abyss. His first mission and it was looking like he'd erred and erred badly.

"We're here because the Brits can't know about us meeting. If we go though the usual channels, all hell will break loose. But its because of the likes of you," Joe pointed at the floating man, "That everything has changed and we, that is America are here to talk. Before things go to hell in a handbasket, we want to make sure we back the winning side."

Joe looked at his men, giving them a silent nod, so they knew to play along. Hoping that the man might take things inside before they went any further. All the while Joe's mind raced, trying to think of the angles, the possible questions. "Computer..." He summoned the voice who seemed to share his waking thoughts. "I need you to help me come up with the info that will keep these Nazi's guessing." He said urgently, before continuing to address the Nazi's.

"Now I suggest we take this inside, where we can discuss what we need to use you to talk with your superiors, before they have you working mines Siberia! Got it?"

Joe said as he turned to face the Nazi, a steely edge in his voice that he had not known before. He knew it was Joe speaking, but not the Joe he'd been all his life. A quieter, wiser head who used anger like a dagger to cut through this mess and to speak with more than a little convincing authority. Or so Joe hoped anyway.

OOC:
Ok this is my best shot, its a bluff, but I don't know what else to do!

I know I've got to keep them talking, or else my men will be killed, and I can't have that. I've made some unwise choices and I wouldn't want to fowl this up any more than I have already, so I'm hoping this is going to get us somewhere.

Just out of interest what would have been the right way to approach this mission? I just feel I could have done this a lot better, I dunno if I'd waited done more reconnaissance and stuff!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 17 2010, 21:55

Agent Joe Hoskyn

OOC I guess there's no real 'right way' to do something when Superheroes are concerned. They have so many options available to them that every negative situation can more or less be overcome. The one you chose, for instance, has merit because in real history the Germans were desperate not to involve the Americans, who themselves wanted to stay out of things for the most part until the turning point that was Pearl Harbour. Perhaps David M knows more on that but it smacks to me that someone like Roosevelt who'd been trying to back Britain up might have done more to avoid Pearl Harbour, but maybe he didn't because he knew it would get the American people to fight. Probably wrong, but it makes you wonder... As for what I might have done. Dunno. Create a diversion? Have one of your men shoot from a distance and disappear into the woods, have more of them ambush the pursuers and open fire, make them think there's a larger force, and Frostbite slip in whilst his men are making good their escape and the camp relatively deserted? That's just one option, I'm sure there are more but Nazis are never portrayed as 'rocket scientists' (i.e. smart) in the movies so expect the same here. Not slack jawed half wits by any means, but regimented and unimaginative most certainly.

Joe repeated word for word the computer told him. "Your Fuhrer is determined that the American people stay neutral. He knows full well the might and resources that the United States have to hand, and it would be a front too many to fight on. He has grand plans, and his ambition perhaps extends him too thin on several fronts. You would do well to listen to what we have to say unless you want a larger force to investigate where this reconnaissance mission has gotten to. We only know about it because we intercepted the transmission of a plane that passed near here. As you may know, the Ambassador for the U.S. to the United Kingdom is Joseph P. Kennedy. He has no love for the country or its people. It would be... unfortunate were you to cause a diplomatic incident that would see even him change his mind, and the American people enter the war because you murdered a peaceful expeditionary force. I believe Herr Hitler would not view your actions with fondness when he sees his plans burn in ruins because of your foolishness."

The woman backed up a step and looked to the flying man who frowned. "If this is some kind of trick... you and your people will die!" he hissed. "Bind them!" he called out. "We will seek guidance on what to do!"

The Nazis moved in, pulling guns from holsters and roughly binding the wrists of the small group. Any resistance was met with shouting and violent clubbing with gun butts! Joe called out for them to stop, and the officers seemed uncertain. It seemed his words had run true with something they had been told. Still, they were captives of the nazis!

=========

Minutes later...

Tied up, with the others, Joes mind raced! The two superhumans had gone, leaving them guarded by thirty or so vigilant guards! Suddenly a murmur rose, and the guards looked up. The superhumans were coming back, with grim looks on their faces! The British soldiers, grateful to still be alive, saw their hopes soon to be dashed by the looks of things! One leaned in "Hey yank, how are we gonna get out o this one?"

Before Joe could answer, the Nazi in the cape stood proudly to address the group. "I have been in contact with my superiors!" he called out. "And they say one thing! Death to traitors and spies!"

OOC this is what we call a 'cliff hanger' - feel free to act or speak or ride it out - your choice - and see what happens next!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 17 2010, 23:00

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Before Joe could answer, the Nazi in the cape stood proudly to address the group. "I have been in contact with my superiors!" he called out. "And they say one thing! Death to traitors and spies!"

OOC this is what we call a 'cliff hanger' - feel free to act or speak or ride it out - your choice - and see what happens next!

"You are making such a mistake! You will regret this." Joe stood up, not pleading not stopping and jumped forward at the Nazi. He doubted he could do much, but he was hoping to draw fire so he could get the men free.

As he jumped forward he used his power to freeze the rope and then intended to blast the Nazi's with guns so that his men might fight on more even terms without bullets tearing the place up.

OOC:

Ok since I don't know what is going to happen next. I am reaching within to the Joe that keeps invading my memories and asking, pleading for him to do something. If that awakens the dark power - well I'll deal with that when or if it comes to it.

As regards what you said about how to deal with the situations I feel such a dufus. Man why didn't I think of a diversion. As things stand I wish I had the leadership skill, this is where our characters can do things we as people can't and inevitably they are handicapped by our lack of skill, not the other way around.

I saw you notice on shifts and stuff - no worries mate. I like posting often which in this case hasn't done me any favours. But anyway have a good weekend and don't go pickling that brain, I don't mind you having the weekend off you deserve a break. But I want you bright eyed by Monday - I'm sweating buckets here! ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 19 2010, 22:10

Agent Joe Hoskyn

"You are making such a mistake! You will regret this." Joe stood up, not pleading not stopping and jumped forward at the Nazi. He doubted he could do much, but he was hoping to draw fire so he could get the men free.

As Joe struggled to his feet, calling on the awesome power of the cold that was his to command, the Nazi turned his eyes on him, glowering. "However..." he said, his words words giving pause to Joes actions. "I Have been instructed that you and your companions can go free... if certain conditions are met!" The Nazi appeared to be chewing on his words, and his expression suggested that he did not agree with the orders he'd been given, but had been forced to pass on the words anyway.

Joe held his power in at the last second! He'd managed to avoid - by a hairs breadth - revealing his incredible powers! "Bring them!" snarled the Nazi. "But do not..." he growled, the words bile in his mouth. "Treat them roughly or harm them."

Amazed, Joe turned to look at the men with him. Their relief was apparent. All had thought they would be tortured or killed without thought! "Your companions, being British, are my enemies, however. They will be treated as such, as prisoners of war! Unfortunately..." again he swallowed, the orders and the words that followed difficult to swallow. "Seeing as they are with you, they will instead share your fate, rather than that which I would prefer." he growled, his accent becoming thick as the words were spat from his mouth. The woman - woman that is - turned to look at the cloaked man. "This is..." she changed to German, ranting angrily and causing a number of the German soldiers to back away in fear!

"No!" barked the flying German. "I am instructed to ..." again biting back anger "Offer the hand of friendship, with a message to take to his government. And... a gift..."

Joe reeled. From a near certain death he had been offered life! And something else! He still had the choice. With a thought and a minimal use of the force at his command he could freeze the ropes that bound him and the others, but he was surrounded by armed Germans! He glanced at the guns. He figured he would survive, possibly long enough to escape, but what of those with him?

'If the Nazis find out who, and what you are, they will alert their allies. Ones like me. You will, in your current form, be killed. And if you die... the fate of the multiverse will be in peril!' said the voice inside Joes head. He shuddered, and glanced about. The lives of a few... or all? The weight of responsibility hung on Joe Hoskyns shoulders!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 20 2010, 07:55

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Joe put aside the guilty wave of shame the threatened to overwhelm him. The voice had spoken in a way that was undeniably emphatic. His actions had jeopardised and leadership had brought the mission to a crashing halt. He was staring failure in the face and not just failure to the mission but so much more, if the voice was to be understood correctly. Joe nodded, his compliance, indicating for the men to follow. He couldn't look at them, he felt ashamed but what else could he do but play along and see what came of this.

OOC:

Ok I go with the Nazi and find out what this is about. Not sure what to do actually other than try to protect my men and myself! I'm feeling a bit stupid to be honest - I wish I'd waited and asked for more info - I assumed that things were about to start and this being PBEM I jumped too soon thinking I had to get a move in quicker than I needed to. I've been so much more cautious up till now, first time I strike out a bit bolder and its really come back to bite me on the bum as PC and a Player! Embarassed

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 20 2010, 22:20

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Under heavy guard, and with the metahumans standing near, the small group of DICE operatives was led through the camp and taken to the white ceramic structure. Joe looked up, amazed at the curvature of the thing. He'd seen works of art carved in stone that could be made like this but nothing so ... so big!

<<The structure is in fact, a spacecraft. It's origin is extra-terrestrial. Scanning. Interfacing. Interesting...>> said the voice inside Joes head.

Before he could 'ask himself' what the voice meant, he and the others were led through doors which slide to the sides of the own volition, and into something that resembled a Flash Gordon movie serial of a few years ago (1936...). Save that was primitive and cardboard like in comparison to this!

The man in the cape turned. "Impressive, yes? The Fuhrer believes the best message you can send to your President is this. Know what you are up against. WE are not your enemy. Communism is the true foe of National Socialism! That and the accursed..."

The Lizard woman interrupted. "Why are you 'entertaining' these people? They have infiltrated our base, seen things that they should not see! Even now..."

"Even now, my dear, they could throw the full weight of their army against this place. We WANT them to. When they see the destructive power of this base station, and the crushing effect it will have on morale, England will soon surrender!" he turned, smiling at Joe and the others. "The American is not our enemy. He is... misguided, and so Der Fuhrer has sent word that he is to be... 'gifted', like us..."

He led the way, still under very heavy guard, to a large elevator. Joe looked about. There were individuals walking about that - at a distance - resembled humans, but the voice inside confirmed them as otherwise!

<<These are P'utinarians. They come from a distant galaxy and were stranded here when they did not have enough fuel to escape our own. They are pursued by another race and have sought an alliance with the predominant force on Planet Earth at this time. The timing is... unfortunate. Right now, the power belongs - apparently - to the Nazi regime thanks to the metahuman powers and advanced technology they possess!>>

World War II - Frostbite Issue #1 - Page 2 A9ois6

They moved about, running hands over controls seemingly made of light, including typing at keyboards - like a typewriter, save the letters were in no language Joe had ever seen and the keyboard was floating in the air and made of blue light!

The Nazi superhuman grinned when he saw the shocked and awed looks on the faces of the captives. "Yes. Take it in. Go back to your superiors. Invite them, if you will, to take this away from us! There is apparently a small group of misguided fools with powers and abilities like ourselves working for the Allies at their 'top secret' base! I would very much like to meet them, test their powers against mine!" He stepped into the elevator, which was like a room in itself. Without a shudder or jolt the elevator moved, and Joe could barely tell that it was down they were going rather than up!

Stepping into a large room that must have been underground, the group looked about. It was dark, mostly in shadow. A dozen armed guards watched the captives, the two superhumans stood by and half a dozen more P'utinarians. He waved a hand for Joe to step forwards onto a platform with six circles on the floor. "Pick a circle to stand on! It doesn't matter which!" Joe glanced at the men with him. Fear was written across their faces now!

Across the far side of the room, behind a very thick glass wall, a liquid bubbled, and inside, a rod of red metal was suspended without means as it floated in. Several white coated P'utinarians monitored machines over there.

<<Accessing. Please wait. I have wirelessly interfaced with the computers in this structure. The machine the metahuman wishes you to stand on will empower you to a certain degree - like him, thanks to the use of alien technology and the metal, Lunarium. What that will do to your empowered form already is unknown. However, I have also ascertained that this technology is used to transport destabilised molecules from one place to another! At the moment it is limited to other installations like this one. Scanning.>>

The Lizard woman scowled whilst the man in the cape smiled. "What are you waiting for? We extend the hand of friendship to you! You will be made like us! With the powers of a god! Truly, WE are the master race! The metal we mine is too rare and precious to bestow the gift on all, but Der Fuhrer does this so that you may go back to your President and serve the American people. And serve as a reminder, a warning, of what they face should they go to war with us! Germany wants peace with the United States! We only seek to take back that which was taken by the treaty of Versailles, which America herself thought was unjust and unfair!"

<<This unit believes it can reroute the core command to instead transport you rather than empower you! Unfortunately, the teleport locations are all in enemy territories, scattered across Nazi occupied Europe! With more time it would be possible to transport you to space where a number of these vessels remain in orbit, but right now that would mean guessing. You are as likely to be transported into the centre of the Earth if things go wrong! Wait! There IS another base/vessel... in the southern portion of Nevada in the western United States, 83 miles (133 km) north-northwest of downtown Las Vegas. Situated at its center, on the southern shore of Groom Lake, around which the base has grown, is one of these craft! It has apparently crashed, and has been the recipient of efforts by the American Intelligence services to infiltrate it and discover its secrets, without success so far! This unit believes the base and surrounding lands will be known in the future by the nomenclature 'Area 51'>>

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 20 2010, 22:42

Agent Joe Hoskyn

Joe didn't have long to think about this, if the base that had crashed in the Desert could be taken to yield up its secrets then it was possible this mission might succeed yet. Transporting to the other base ships, might only mean they get away with their lives. It was clear that he had to take the choice the computer offered.

"Men" Joe addressed the others around him. "I want you to know that this technology can help improve the goal and ideals of the American people. I want you to know that I will step into this first. You've followed me so far and despite the risks we've seen much. I ask you to trust me now and step with me into a bright new future. Follow the chain of command and follow me."

Not knowing if the men felt at all inclined to trust him, given the mess they'd ended up in, let alone how much he could trust himself, he still felt that he had little choice. Moments earlier he had been told he must keep alive, but he'd be damned before letting his men die needlessly or without a chance at a fair fight. He had to hope - for in the face of despair what else could he do. Though not a religious man, Joe believed and took a moment to pray, before speaking both to his internal computer and those around him simultaneously.

"Lets do it." Steping forward Joe placed himself within the tube, and waited for the others to follow, nodding and looking each in the eye to reassure and calm their doubts or fears.

"Computer, I hope this is going to work. Either this is going to be the greatest escape ever or this will be the point when the war could well have been lost before it even began." Joe said to within himself again.

OOC: Ok lets step forward and hope I can encourage the men based on the chain of command and army discipline to do their duty and follow me. I'll have a lot of explaining to do if we make it out, but at least if we make it out, we'll have got from under the Nazi's fortified base with a long shot at finding a way to oust this stronghold before it gets any more of a foothold.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 20 2010, 23:27

Agent Joe Hoskyn

OOC Sometimes even heroes can't win in the face of impossible odds. The best you can do is hope for as little a failure as possible...

<<Working. Please stand by....>>

"You misunderstand me, Amerikaner!" said the man in the cape. "THEY are British! You are American. The gift is for you. Their gift is life! Choose! Take the gift and go back to America to speak to your President and your people, persuade them that we are not the enemy, and should they make us so, then we will crush them! Or... choose to spurn our gift. We shall simply deny all knowledge of your existence, or perhaps that you refused to listen to reason and killed several of my men whilst we were trying to negotiate!" he laughed. "Either way... suits me just fine." he hissed evil intent on his face!

Joe glanced at his men. The nearest looked back, and with a nudge of the head gestured for Joe to step into the machine, hopeful that the mission leader would comply and that they would be allowed out of this place!

Joe had a choice to make.

One of the hardest he'd ever had.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 21 2010, 08:19

Agent Joe Hoskyn

OOC Sometimes even heroes can't win in the face of impossible odds. The best you can do is hope for as little a failure as possible...

OOC: How did they know they were British as I maintained that they shouldn't speak and that I was covering for us all. I appreciate that this was pretty thin, but I must admit I thought that the offer was to us all as a result - hence the speech!

Joe glanced at his men. The nearest looked back, and with a nudge of the head gestured for Joe to step into the machine, hopeful that the mission leader would comply and that they would be allowed out of this place!

Joe had a choice to make. One of the hardest he'd ever had.

OOC: IS there anyway I can sabotage the base, do something after or as I leave to help my men try and make a break for it in the confusion?

Joe couldn't believe what he was having to do. He wasn't sure how it was obvious he alone was American, but he couldn't report greater failure by allowing himself to be captured and nothing good to come of this mission? But it was bitter to taste, his first chance at command and it had cost him his men's lives through his own inexperience and impulsiveness. He looked his men in the eyes, as he then turned and nodded back to the German. He could see there was little chance in trying to persuade him to treat his men well as the super powered man was greatly angered and what he had to do anyway.

Having stepped onto the plate, Joe turned to the Nazi super human with a slight turn of his head, he said,

"By the way what do they call you?"

OOC: I just feel awful stepping into the tubes without them! Maybe the Computer can cause a feedback surge that will disable the system as I leave, so that it causes enough of a problem for the men to get away? or could I drop a grenade, (If I got away with keeping one about me) but this clearly works on a fuse, will it give me enough time to drop it and still get away, let alone hurt my men and let my men try and get out in the confusion. They are dressed as German soldiers like me, after all?

Depending on what I can get away with I will involve the computer as best as I can.

Just one other thing I want to leave some parting remark to this Nazi, something along the lines of, "It's really cold up here, I hope you don't suffer from Frostbite!" I've got a score to settle with this guy and I want him to know I'll be back for him even if its a long time coming.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 21 2010, 23:01

OOC Name, rank, date of birth and serial number is something stated as being the only requirements to divulge in the Geneva convention and the same convention is meant to prevent the torture of prisoners of war. However, I appreciate that you may have wanted them to keep silent in order to protect them, but these guys are soldiers and not massively over endowed with intelligence. If they'd not given that info, the Nazis would have taken them aside and shot one of them until the others talked. They aren't nice guys Sad

Agent Joe Hoskyn

OOC That said, let's see if, with all that in mind, we can't tweak the situation to find a fair compromise... It will render most of your post null, mind

<<I have successfully interfaced with the computer systems on this craft. It is of alien design, but self aware, to a degree. It is charged with protecting the P'utinarian people, those aliens you see around you with the oozing skin. With a little manipulation, I can perhaps make the computers see something a little differently...>>

Joe was desperate to try and save the men with him! Maybe there was some way, somehow, he could convince the Nazis to let them go? <<Goad the Nazis into killing your men.>> stated the computer, matter of factly...

The Nazi with the cape stated "Oh, and by the way. My names translates into English as Cosmic Man. A trifle theatrical, but you as an American should appreciate that! I serve the German people, and will soon be viewed by them as the greatest hero - bar the fuhrer - ever to serve the glorious third reich! Heil Hitler!"

The soldiers in the room clicked heels together and saluted, whilst the Lizard woman scowled, raising a hand half hearted. "Let's just kill them and be done with it..." she snarled. "ALL of them!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next