The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

2 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 6 Empty Re: World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 24 2011, 07:51

Agent Richard King
Codename: Lionheart

Admin wrote:OOC A last chance before combat devolves into a free for all to convince these P'utinarians coming from the lift that what they are doing is wrong! Of course, the wrong word and suddenly the shooting will start! Or you can try to get the jump on them by shouting for your side to attack Smile

Mindful that he was trying to inspire trust in the P'utinarians, Lionheart felt he had no choice but to speak to the faction who now confronted him. Besides which, in as much as it was possible, he wanted to identify P'erradine, if he is here.

"Folks there has been some sort of terrible mistake. We are not your enemy, the Nazi's are. The reason I am so important is because I'm from the future!

I know things they want to avoid future defeat. But I also know what happens to your people. You think you're in too deep now, wait until the Nazi's see no further use for you. Your children and your families are executed. Worst still they inject you with a serum that turns many of you into a singly entity that is itself an undead monstrosity. Dead but unwilling and unable to stop serving the Nazi's as their guard dog, on their moon base, guarding the last of the Lunarium."
Lionheart judged the mood of the guards, he realised he might not be able to alter their views, but he had to try. They had no idea how evil the Nazi's could be. But he did and he had to try and convince them otherwise.

"When the Nazi's have taken all they want of the Lunarium they leave your dead to guard it so you can get any for yourselves. And you, your children are hidden frightened into extinction. Your children on earth so deeply undercover as humans, they forget they're race, their identity and are subject to the same brutal treatment as the people around them, they helped subjugate. Your mothership so low on power its a living tomb!

And for what? Power, don't you know, Hitler doesn't share! I would think you'd seen enough to know that by now!

So by all means fight on, after all I've seen your future and it is only your own people you are damning! Its only your own future and that of your children that stands on the brink of annihilation. Choose now, but choose wisely, or we'll have no choice to fight you, for I won't let another race be annihilated by the Nazis."

Lionheart waited to see what response he had got, would they turn, would they falter, would he find out which of them was P'erradine, assuming he was even brave enough to come here. In any case, having activated the means to get to the Mothership, Lionheart was keen to avoid them stopping their flight back, he wanted more than anything to talk to P'ulesin.

OOC:

Given my best empassioned speech to try and turn things, or make some falter. I know they are misguided, but that they can act quiet treacherously in self defence as well. So if push comes to shove we'll go for it and as I say try and keep them busy so we can get to the mother ship before they can stop us. Hopefully this will keep the Nazi's off our back for now also. Hopefully!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 6 Empty Re: World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

Post  Admin Tue Jan 25 2011, 13:55

Agent Richard King

The P'utinarians with Lionheart turned, shocked at his words, and that reaction seemed to have the most effect on the fired up P'utinarians spilling from the lift. "Do you hear that?" cried one, turning to those who were acting on P'erradines' orders. "We are used, cast aside! Whatever you were hoping would not happen... this man has seen it! If you doubt his words... we scanned him earlier for the scientist the Nazis sent. His genetic code and temporal signature show all he says about being from the future is true! As for his words... do we wait and see if what he says will come to pass? We were stranded in this solar system, the Nazis offered us a lifeline. You have seen their technology. It is backwards! Archaic! How then did they know to contact us? And how have they supplied us with the software required to make our computers understand their language? Software hasn't been invented yet! All these things we ignored because we need the Lunariaum!"

Suddenly a voice boomed over the tannoy...

"FOOLS! You have let yourselves be duped! Traitors! It matters not... I still have enough supporters to ensure P'ulesin heeds my words - or he will rue them! And you? Die like the idiots you are!"

Suddenly there was a loud clang, and what sounded like an explosion!

Everyone was thrown about - Lionheart the only one with the speed and agility to twist in the air before he crashed into the ceiling so he actually landed on his feet, stretched out a hand and gathered Beth in his arms! Even as the ship rotated he guessed the way gravity would work and landed back on the floor again.

Something was happening. Lionheart could tell from the pit of his stomach ... THE SHIP WAS FALLING!

OOC P'erradine has separated the ship and speeds towards the far side of the solar system in the top two levels of the ship, essentially a lifeboat. The rest, with Lionheart and chums? Oh, that's falling towards the earth!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 25 2011, 14:08

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
Something was happening. Lionheart could tell from the pit of his stomach ... THE SHIP WAS FALLING!

The time for, I told you so's, would have to wait. Lionheart steadied himself whilst holding Beth, sure that the P'utinarians would be able to do the same.

"James, we need you to get things going, if the rest of the ship has left we're at least in the propulsion section, we need to find a way to stop us falling so fast." Turning to the others, Lionheart said, "I'm not the brains of this outfit, so if anyone has any smart ideas as to how to stop us all being killed in a fiery explosion or some fail safes, you might care to mention, now would be a good time to hear it."

OOC:
Ok I will try and do what I can, which generally in a state like this means staying upright. But otherwise I will leave saving the ship to the others as I have no useful skills to offer in this situation.

Really bummed about P'erradine getting away. I really thought we were within striking distance of getting the P'utinarians out of this war, if not on our side. Oh yeah and I don't like being in ships that are falling - what is this now - my third or fourth time in or around falling objects. Its about time I evolved wings!Shocked

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 25 2011, 23:55

Agent Richard King

Grabbing onto anything he could hold, Caldwell knew that he couldn't change his host bodys state to an intangible one - he'd simply tumble through the sides of the ship!

"On it!" he yelled, getting bashed about. He concentrated, young brow furrowing and thrust his hand into a panel. "Come on... COME ON!"

The ship tumbled ever more violently. Lionheart leapt from surface to surface, always staying on the level. Most of the P'utinarians adhered to the walls, though some were bounced about, flattened against one wall then another. The Animen were less fortunate, finding clawed paws hard to use with regards grasping onto anything!

The ship continued to tumble through the atmosphere...

==========

On board the lifeboat...

P'erradine looked on the monitor at the tumbling main body of the ship and cursed. He glanced around at his crew. Many looked at one another and he knew they had heard the words, and the seeds of doubt sewn. Vowing revenge on the man from the future he curled a hand around the butt of a weapon, and grinned cordially at his crew. "All will be well. You will see."

==========

The vessel tumbled through the clouds...

Thanks to the rotation of the earth and the course change, they were no longer over Britain - of course such considerations were useless anyway seeing as they'd all meet a fiery doom in minutes! The outside of the craft heated up, a comet streaking across the sky!

"I...I... th-think I... I h-have i-it!" yelled the youngster that was James Caldwell/Nowhere Boy.

Suddenly the ship righted itself, slamming even Lionheart hard into the floor which buckled thanks to the incredible impact! The ship started to slow, but Nowhere Boy shouted "Brace yourselves! That scumbag has sabotaged the ship! This is the best I can manage - landing jets! nowhere near enough to slow us..."

BANG!!

=========

Lionheart woke, a pain in his side...

A shard of metal had pierced his skin, and he eased himself gingerly up, checking on Beth whom he'd protected as best he could with his own form. She was alive, though deeply unconscious and had taken a knock to the back of the head. He looked about. The room was lit only by emergency lights, and the ceiling had caved in for the most part, as had the walls. Looking about, he saw Nowhere Boy lying prone across the room, and a thin layer of smoke wafting through the room. Burning.

The P'utinarians looked like splattered goop, spread over wide areas for the most part, but but most stirred, showing life at least. The Animen were groaning, being much tougher than normal humans, but the Seal Woman would stir no more. She lay at a painful looking angle with a blank look in her sad eyes.

Suddenly a fire broke out in several of the panels, and there was something else - not fuel but possibly an equivalent - leaking and ready to explode!

=========

Outside the teeming humid life of a dense jungle silenced as one of the biggest predators ever to walk planet Earth looked up at the trail of smoke in the sky...

The earth shook as the great 'Thunder Lizard' strode towards the crash site!

OOC Yeah, my take on the 'Savage Land' - no such thing as an easy cut and dried landing in this game, I'm afraid Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 26 2011, 07:49

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC Yeah, my take on the 'Savage Land' - no such thing as an easy cut and dried landing in this game, I'm afraid Smile

OOC:Cool - but talk about into the frying pan into the fire.

Looking about, Lionheart quickly laid Beth down more comfortably, checking her injuries he made sure she was comfortable. Then moving, as only he could, he went to those around the ship, as he came to the Animen and saw the Seal woman, he stopped. Her sad eyes said all that could be said. He keeled down and closed her eyes seeking to make her comfortable in death.

Nodding to the others, he helped them up as best he could, checking to make sure there were no broken bones. Nodding his thanks, his words were suddenly interrupted...

Outside the teeming humid life of a dense jungle silenced as one of the biggest predators ever to walk planet Earth looked up at the trail of smoke in the sky...

The earth shook as the great 'Thunder Lizard' strode towards the crash site!

"OK everyone I am not sure where we fell, but I suspect it may be hostile." Lionheart's fears were confirmed as everyone felt the deep earth shaking thrum of something heavy coming closer, the vibrations coming closer. "James get what you can, P'utinarian crew, this might be a good time to salvage weapons if you can. Animen, We'll have to morn our dead, later. Right now folks I think we're about to meet the welcoming committee."

With that Lionheart stowed Beth and the Seal woman, out of the way, hoping their presence wouldn't be discovered easily. Before moving to ready for the attack that was incoming.

OOC:
1. Ok I get ready to attack, presumably I am back up to full Psi strength as I feel I'm going to need it.
2. If we can gather weapons, communication devices and or supplies etc then that would be good. I don't want us to become swiss family Robinson in the Savage Land.
3. We get ready to attack. I lead with Psi power to stun the brute and ask the others to use long range attacks, throwing stuff at it, trying to frighten it off, rather than kill. If we have flares or the equivalent then that might work well to ward it off, as I'd rather not waste pressure resources on fighting every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes out of the jungle.

Out of interest does this place exist in my time line and if so what do I know about it - I mean seeing a T-Rex or equivalent is going to be a dead give away as to where this might be...assuming I have any memories of this place.

Just when I think it can't possible get more convoluted - this reminds me of the XMen battle with Magneto in his artic base, and how long it took for them to travel by boat, plane and what not to get back to the Mansion!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 27 2011, 06:33

Agent Richard King

OOC I was more of a fan of the Original X-Men - 'snow' Iceman, Angel, Marvel Girl, human looking Beast, Cyclops, still a dork. I think the Savage Land stuff was the Wolverine/Colossus/Nightcrawler/Storm/Rogue era wasn't it? Must admit I only know of it, rather than all about it. As for Lionheart - his world is more Judge Dredd style domes and irradiated wastelands outside them, teeming with overpopulation and rife with crime. Where and how the spaceship crashed here is a mystery yet to be solved Smile

The crashed ship began to shudder ever more with every second! Nowhere Boy turned invisible and sped through the side of the ship before popping back and reporting "I don't believe this, but there's a T-Rex outside and closing fast! Did we go through time somehow?" The P'utinarians didn't know what a Tyrannosaurus was but would doubtless have their own word for it when they saw the thing! The Animen were at least partially human, but the bestial side shield from no challenge! Pinging claws from furry hands they growled and headed for the lift shaft, where it seemed the damage had been severe, bursting the hull open and allowing access to the outside even when the normal doors were jammed or covered.

Lionheart led the way, a wave of oppressive heat washing over him, and the chirping living mass of a Jungle all around. He frowned. It didn't 'feel' different, in the way that he'd come from the far future into the past and instantly known the air, the land, everything around him was different. He looked over the crashed ship. No way it was getting off the floor in its current state! It had smashed through trees on its descent ploughing a furrow through the forest for nearly a mile of scorched trees and bushes. he looked out across a vast valley of hills, mountains and streams, all covered in lush teeming jungle for as far as the eye could see - no. On the horizon, some kind of pale glow? A field of...oops!

He leapt to the side as a huge car sized head snapped down at him, foul meat stained breath close as six inch teeth sliced air where he'd stood a moment before! Proving much faster than this huge hunter, he distracted it enough for the others to attack it! The P'utinarians drew screams from the thing when they opened fire, whilst the four Animen wolfmen leapt onto it's side and back, clawing and ripping with Bestial fury! Nowhere Boy taunted it and provided a target - only for the huge jaws to clamp on nothing whilst he stood there intangible!

Lionheart was frustrated when his mental attack - the Lion energy erupting from him - seemed to crash against the creature and dissipate. It's sheer lack of intelligence and tiny brain giving so little to actually target his mental attack was rendered ineffectual! His superhuman strength proved far more useful, and he sped around, coiling length after length of vine around the things legs then pulling, hard!

It crashed to the floor in agony and thrashed about as Lionhearts unconventional team stood back from the creature. It was badly wounded, and after staggering to its feet limped off to tend to its wounds, knowing full well it would be prey to velociraptors and other pack hunters!

Nowhere Boy looked about. "Well, I guess we're not in Kansas any more, but I don't think we went through time. This might be some kind of... 'Lost World'?"

Beth stumbled form the wreckage of the ship, seeing the T Rex limp away. She stopped gaping long enough to slip her arm around Lionhearts and ask him "What have you gotten us into this time?"

=========

The armoured figure lowered Binoculars and touched a stud on a leather wrist guard...

"Tell the Overlord that there are intruders. They have penetrated the shield. I am sending the coordinates." he said, mopping his brow and swatting insects away. Beside him his spear hummed with sonic energy.

A voice replied, barking orders, and what appeared to be a Roman Legion style army marched into the jungle...

=========

What next?

Asked a P'utinarian. The group had been gathering supplies, and were in surprisingly good shape aside from fresh water. Their supplies had been smashed in the impact though the food had held up well. Unfortunately the P'utinarians ate a pale grey sludge that, whilst edible, didn't endear itself too well to the human pallet. The youthful James Caldwell (or Caldwell wearing a youngsters body) was playing about with circuit boards and a monitor. "I think I may be able to get some kind of navigation system up and running." he said, attention taken by the task at hand. "Unfortunately this stuff is nearly beyond my understanding. If only Wandafar were..."

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Everyone turned. That had been a horn blowing - some kind of sign of civilisation!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 27 2011, 07:46

Agent Richard King

Lionheart was grateful that he had the accomplished skills of the group he had with him. But at the same time he was concerned. Ordinarily a discovery of this magnitude would be a great excuse for an adventure. He'd only ever had programmed memories of the prehistoric past he shared with his fellow crash survivors. All of them were witnessing a history thought long dead. But with the Nazi's grip lengthening at an alarming rate, Trowers and Saladin presumable at large together with Bedlamm and who knows what else. Not to mention the P'utinarians and P'erradine getting away, Lionheart felt a little dispirited.

It was at this point that his mind supplied one of those pre programmed motivational phrases, he hated it, but there it was, "The night is often darkest before the dawn."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," He said to himself out loud, drawing curious looks from the others. Shaking his head, he smiled ruefully. "Sorry just a bit of wisdom I heard once before, 'Its often darkest before the dawn.' I don't have any recollection of this place ever having existed. But then with that energy bubble I can see over there, who knows if it remained undiscovered until now. A little bit of history in a time capsule..."

Admin wrote:
AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Everyone turned. That had been a horn blowing - some kind of sign of civilisation!

"Ok everyone lets assume that whatever is here, is hostile? We've no way of knowing who or what that is and no reason to trust them until they prove otherwise. I suggest we get to higher ground to get a better look at what is coming."

Turning to one of the P'utinarians, Lionheart quickly said, "Can you spy on them without being seen, we don't want to alarm the natives, meanwhile it might be best if we split up. We don't want them reacting badly to you, either!" Lionheart said looking meaningfully at the Animen and the remaining P'utinarians.

"It might be best that you follow us at a distance, if things get hairy then we've you as our ace in the hole. At the same time this might be an unexpected ally? So we'll play it carefully. If they don't know about you, then we've got some possible advantage. I suggest you keep at a distance, for now. James..." Turning to the young men, Lionheart had to adjust once again as he looked at a boy instead of the man he'd come to know. "I think you ought to go with them, you can slip in and out more easily as our go between. That leaves Beth and Me, to face the music, putting the least amount of people at risk." Lionheart looked about eye brow raised in case anyone had any better suggestions, before telling them to split up and for him to grab Beth and head to higher ground. But not before fixing in his mind the location of what remained of the crashed ship.

OOC:
Ok my thinking is that if these folk we're coming across are hostile, having the others be outside their captivity gives us a means of escape and an ace in the hole. If they prove to be allies, worthy of our trust then we can bring the others onboard slowly.

I will try and take Beth away from the crash site, so that we can also lead the new arrivals away to where we can be spotted more easily and we can also get a good look at who it is whose come knocking

[quote="Admin"]
OOC I was more of a fan of the Original X-Men - 'snow' Iceman, Angel, Marvel Girl, human looking Beast, Cyclops, still a dork. I think the Savage Land stuff was the Wolverine/Colossus/Nightcrawler/Storm/Rogue era wasn't it? Must admit I only know of it, rather than all about it. As for Lionheart - his world is more Judge Dredd style domes and irradiated wastelands outside them, teeming with overpopulation and rife with crime. Where and how the spaceship crashed here is a mystery yet to be solved Smile

Yeah I came in with the Uncanny X-men and yeah this scenario was all with that Wolvie Nightcrawler, Storm, colossus era. Clairmont and Byrne time, just before the dark Phoenix saga. Great story - worth getting the essentials collection off.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28 2011, 21:39

Agent Richard King

OOC John Byrne is one of my favourite artists, along with George Perez and the Romitas on their Spiderman run. Brian Hitch (Ultimates) is also a favourite. Those are just off the top of my head, there are loads more, but I think the point I'm making is that art is so very important to comic book stories. Alan Davis (another favourite) brought Captain Britain to life for me and back to the original point, yeah, I read the Dark Phoenix saga, and also the What if...? Phoenix had not died? which was excellent. I'm sometimes a little miffed that Byrnes' characters look the same but that's just his style (which I love - Alpha Flight, FF, Next Men, his superb run on the Superman reboot...) and I keep meaning to track down the rest of his X-men run at some point... Even if I'm not Wolverine, Nightcrawler or Storms biggest fans (I always liked Colossus but for someone so powerful he sure got plenty of kickings, unlike the Thing, Hulk etc, all roughly in the same power class..). Anyway, back to the jungle...

Nowhere Boy nodded. "I work best alone. I'll find you... hmmm." He looked at the gathered equipment the P'utinarians had gathered and reached a hand inside one. Beth, beside Lionheart, shuddered. "I don't think I'll ever get used to you people." she muttered. Nowhere Boy looked up and grinned, youthful face innocent seeming despite the haunted eyes. "Nor will I." he smiled. "Right. This weapon is useless with regards taking out any enemies. I've spoken to the onboard computer and told it to fire shells and have them act as flares. It says it will do." He shrugged. "What? These things are smart. The P'utinarians are the only ones with the technology in this time to stop me from feeling completely useless!"

Lionheart figured that whilst Nowhere Boy could turn invisible and intangible, without his advanced intangibility or command of the extensive powers that the Dark power granted, he was probably the least offensive member of the Vanguard!

With a shake of the hand he pulled his mask and hood on, rasping. "Head for an hour in that direction." he said, pointing to the dizzy heights of a dormant volcano. "Should be plenty of caves and crevices to make a base out of. We'll find out what's going on and lead them a merry chase. The P'utinarians can be an extra set of eyes. I might not be great in a fight but..." he picked up a couple of weapons. "I'm betting these things go off with a huge bang if i ask them nicely."

Beth glanced at the huge, but lightweight weapon she carried, checking the ammunition. Everything was gobbledigook to her until a P'utinarian pointed to a gauge. "Still nearly full! I love this gun!" she laughed. Remembering the recoil and wild fire Lionheart cringed slightly.

The groups moved on out...

=========

The oppressive heat grew as the sun climbed higher into the sky...

Lionheart had been racking his brain for theories about how this place could exist. The only one that made any sense still defied belief. As he and Beth sat by the side of a stream he tried to ignore the shirt clinging to her ample form and explained his thoughts to her. "So..." she said. "You think we're somewhere in the middle of the Arctic, save for a bubble which is protected from the cold by some kind of energy screen? It only lets sunlight in, like some kind of giant greenhouse? Why? I mean, who would do such a thing? It's not as if the rest of the world will flood and a portion of it set aside to save, like an Ark..." she laughed.

Lionheart glanced up at her. She was so beautiful. Sweat ran down her face and hair clung in curls as she cleaned the large weapon. She was also right. Lionheart now remembered the late 21st Century. The theories of global warming had been ignored, and the sea levels had risen, unbalancing the Earth dramatically and drastically changing the weather patterns. Blame had flown from one country to another.. and with the world in anarchy war had broken out. The survivors formed new countries and tried to learn from old mistakes... with varying success.

"Richard..." said Beth, leaning forward, "Do you think...?" her voice trailed off and she glanced past Lionheart.

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 6 2daa787

The creature stood around 7' tall, amongst the foilage of the trees. It was simply watching Lionheart and Beth, stood around 5m away. They were still 20 minutes or so through the jungle before the already climbing landscape thinned from jungle to be volcanic ash and hopefully, somewhere to shelter.

Lionheart glanced about... two more of the creatures were coming from other angles, each 5m or so away. Their reptilian eyes were unblinking... and Lionheart got the idea they were some kind of pack animal.

That would leave him and Beth... on the menu!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 28 2011, 22:27

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:That would leave him and Beth... on the menu!

Lionheart made sure that he was between Beth and the creatures although if they'd be discovered he wondered if there might be others surrounding them. "Grab the gun, but do it slowly." Lionheart said to Beth as he held out hands to the first Lizard creature he saw and tried to see if he could parley with him.

"Hi, nice place you've got here. Ermm, speak any English?" Whilst Lionheart tried to talk, he cast a quick eye around their surroundings trying to work how how he could protect Beth and at the same time fend off these attackers if things got nasty.

OOC:

So trying to talk here and get them to communicate just because they look savage and aggressive doesn't meant they are.

As to artists, I agree with the list but would also add a few of my own, George Perez and Brian Bolland being two of my all time favourites. I'd agree with you choices in comics as well. I was collecting when Crisis on infinite earths came out and the first Marvel Secret wars. These guys were in their prime and some like Perez and Bolland still are.

I still collect a few comics a month - mainly Avengers, I used to get quite a load, but cost became a factor. Its a real shame the digital versions that are available are almost as expensive. Ho Hum. Did you know I did art work myself - including the second incarnation of GH as SQUK, you can find my cover here http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=20841&it=1

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 29 2011, 22:37

Agent Richard King

OOC Yeah, I was wondering if you'd draw your own characters - Lionheart and Frostbite - but realise how hard it is (and how much time it takes) to turn out art that doesn't look like crap, being an expert in that particular field myself (though I'm trying to learn, in between working and , uh, working some more) Brian Bolland did plenty of 2000AD stuff if I recall - Rogue Trooper? Judge Dredd? Can't remember exactly but I know the name. I also like the Bruce Timm style of art (various DC Animated series including JLA, Batman and Superman series). That's a simple, stylised way of drawing somewhat departed from realism with Square jaws and swooping lines with big chests and small legs, but it works, in my opinion Smile

The creatures didn't move. Their eyes followed Lionhearts own movements though, and Beths. Suddenly one started forward at a speed Lionheart himself would find hard to match! Before Beth could cry out, the gun was swiped up by tentacled hands and in the possession of the Reptile across the clearing! Beth belatedly swung a fist at the creature, but punched only air!

The creature in front of Lionheart tensed, as if poised to strike!

OOC You're facing a race that can 'split frames' like Lionheart can. They seem quite primitive, having made no attempt at communication, and so his mental powers might have the same effect as on the T-rex. Only one way to find out, unless he wants to try the peace angle one more time Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 30 2011, 13:39

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC Yeah, I was wondering if you'd draw your own characters

Nah, firstly Lionheart is yours, but more importantly as you keep looking at it you think about what is wrong or you don't like so much so you end up going back over it again, and you know I could use my time better elsewhere. Bolland did a lot of Dredd then has worked pretty much for DC exclusively mainly doing covers. Has a good website to.

The creature in front of Lionheart tensed, as if poised to strike!

Lionheart could tell that things were tense, probably there wasn't much chance of reasoning with these things beyond brute strength, so he sighed and reluctantly sized up the opponents before him, hoping the was their match before anything harmful could happen to Beth.

He said in an urgent slow voice, trying to belay his actual intentions, "If you get a chance to get to safety, take it. Without a weapon they may try and take you if my back's turned and neither of us want that."

OOC:
Ok I guess its into combat we go, 1d10=8 for Initiative.

Depending on frames I will run up to the first guy and take a pop at him, before going to the next. I'm looking to try and see if I can't keep them off balance, whilst staying close to Beth to make sure they don't dart in a take her, to use against me.

Over to you.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 31 2011, 17:29

Agent Richard King

OOC As you can probably guess running slightly behind today. This is probably the last update I can do before having to hit the sack. I'll update in the 'my posting rate' thread but basically I found a bag to take laptop to work... but internet signal from dongle didn't want to play *sigh* Will keep at it though. Back up to speed by tomorrow afternoon, then got 2 days off Smile Oh yeah - Raptor Men got 1 for initiative. 4 frames to LH...

Lionheart sped over to the first creature, disappointed that it would come down to a fight. The creature stood there, seemingly fascinated by the man in strange garb (strange being a torn white shirt, jodhpurs and knee high black boots). Lionheart scythed with a tremendous hook (OOC Roll 9, hit on the button - these things are fast! 20 damage - lousy roll of 1 and 3. However.. the creature swayed back.. dodge total of 7!)

Lionheart was about to set off towards the next creature when he watched the first simply sway backwards from his punch. If he'd not had superhuman speed and reflexes he would have fallen over! What in the...? This thing was fast! It reminded him of...him!

Beth called out "Richard! They're as fast as you are! If only I had a grenade!" Lionheart chuckled at her plucky spirit. She was half damsel in distress, half plucky fighter! only problem was, how were they going to get out of this one!

OOC maybe use the jungle to your advantage - Lionheart is about as agile as a superhuman could be. In terms of agility he's probably a grade lower than Spider-Man, but a grade higher than Daredevil, Black Panther and Captain America. You used 1/2 a frame to move, a frame to attack and have 2.5 frames left. You're within swinging distance of one Raptor Man and the other two are 10m away now, needing best part of a frame to reach. They are primitive though, and that's in your advantage too, if you can use it Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Feb 01 2011, 07:26

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC maybe use the jungle to your advantage - Lionheart is about as agile as a superhuman could be. In terms of agility he's probably a grade lower than Spider-Man, but a grade higher than Daredevil, Black Panther and Captain America. You used 1/2 a frame to move, a frame to attack and have 2.5 frames left. You're within swinging distance of one Raptor Man and the other two are 10m away now, needing best part of a frame to reach. They are primitive though, and that's in your advantage too, if you can use it Smile

Erm Been thinking about this one and I'm struggling fresh out of ideas at the moment. I keep thinking how would I stop myself and in this situation...So here goes nothing.

Lionheart saw that his ordinary attacks were not going to work in this situation if these creatures were as comparably fast as him. But Lionheart could see that they had wings and strange cloven feet, would they be as speedy up high as they were down below. He had to try, leaping up he started to use the trees about like a money trying to see if the creatures would follow, where amongst the branches they'd fly, and give him the chance to use his agility with his speed to out manoeuvre them so he could attack.

Certainly he wanted to do all he could to try and get them away from Beth, whom he kept glancing back at to make sure she wasn't snatched whilst he tried to lead the creatures a merry dance.

OOC:
Yeah its not much, but I know we could trade blows, me hitting them dodging and so it goes on. I figure they get a dodge bonus for speed on the ground but speed doesn't apply to flight so I'm hoping this will give me the chance to swing into combat with the chance of doing more credible damage, assuming they take the bait.

The other idea I had was if its easier to dodge an attack what about if I ripped up a huge tree limb like a giant bat and that made it harder to hit. The other thing I thought of was just fighting dirty - literally, getting handful of dirt and throwing it in their face to blind them so I could attack? If dodging and leaping isn't going to cut it these were the other ideas I had. If all that fails then simply grabbing Beth and running for it might be my other option, why fight if we're too evenly matched to make a difference? So lets see what happens if we fly these and if not, its back to the drawing board.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:38

Agent Richard King

Lionheart moved to the nearest tree (OOC 1/2 frame) and leapt up without bothering to reach for any branches. He scuttled high into the foliage and dared the creature to follow him! (OOC 2 frames) The thing looked up, head twitching, and took the bait! Flapping its wings it flew up, yanking at branches and leaves to get at its foe!

Meanwhile one of the creatures came forwards and grabbed Beth! She cried out, pulling back and appearing to stumble, reaching down to steady herself. The creature yanked her up ... and she came up with a knife in her hand, pulled from a sheath on her lower leg! The creature glanced at her then cried out as she slashed through its tentacles, severing them completely! Staggering back with a spurting stump the creature suddenly screamed its agony and wrath... and spat a mist of spores in a large cloud at Beth! She cried out, and stiffened, every nerve ending on fire and every muscle taut as a powerful nerve toxin took hold! Lionheart saw this through the branches and stifled a cry - no use in letting these creatures know Beth was his weakness!

The creature scrabbled at branches, parting them and proving - as Lionheart surmised - to be agile but reliant on its wings too much! Lionheart (OOC using actions in next round) grabbed a branch, swung up to a higher one, crouched and pounced! Almost as fast, the creature sprung aside to dodge... but its wings snagged and the thing crashed into branches - as a foot slammed into its snout! That was quickly followed by another hit, and the creature fell from the tree, hitting plenty of branches on the way down and crashing to the floor, the impact adding to Lionhearts hammer blows.

Lionheart dropped from the tree... Beth! She was gone! He looked about, then up... The pair of creatures had grasped a shoulder each and carried her limp form high above the trees and away! Lionheart cursed... turning to the downed Raptor man he saw it was still alive. With a look back to the receding creatures he knew this thing might be his only chance of tracking Beth before the creatures did who knew what!

OOC The creatures are flying away. I think (need to check) that Flight grade 1 is slightly faster in straight level flight, and definitely so when Lionheart has to dodge around trees but agility helps there. The creature at the base of a tree is stunned. Lionheart took it down, but they have Beth! She's certainly playing the role well of damsel in distress.. over to you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 02 2011, 07:08

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC The creatures are flying away. I think (need to check) that Flight grade 1 is slightly faster in straight level flight, and definitely so when Lionheart has to dodge around trees but agility helps there. The creature at the base of a tree is stunned. Lionheart took it down, but they have Beth! She's certainly playing the role well of damsel in distress.. over to you!

OOC: yeah flight in a straight line is faster. Well since I can't get this thing to fly me with its buddies and I don't have a handy rocket pack run after it, it is. Top speed Lionheart of the jungle - if its faster to go Tarzan style and keep up high, I'll do that. Leaping running and swinging between the branches hoping wherever they are going isn't to far away. If not run, run and run.

Lionheart set off, he daren't think what they might do to Beth, nor what else lie before him, moving back into the dense canopy he moved like lightening using all his senses, co ordination and agility to leap from tree, to branch to vine. He tried to keep in the high branches to keep them in view, but also dropped to the ground where he could get a clear run, or when he saw they gained on him.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:58

Agent Richard King

Lionheart was a blur as he sped through the trees. Even a stalking tiger - albeit one the size of a horse - was surprised as the man sped past along a branch and leaping out into the air, catching hold of another branch and twanging high into the air, uncaring of where he landed as he somersaulted, hanging in the air to see the reptilian kidnappers heading towards a hill in the jungle where the tip of some kind of Aztec type temple could be seen! It was a good few miles - five or so - from where Lionheart was, and they'd get there before him. He crashed through the branches and set off again, upping his pace, if such a thing were possible!

==========

Nowhere Boy crouched, watching as the insectoid army wound its way through the jungle...

They walked on hind legs, like men, but when Nowhere Boy heard them speak, it was in a human sounding -albeit a language he didn't understand - voice. Like walking Prey mantis, all spines and large pincers, and standing six feet tall. They even wore an armour of sorts over their front, where presumably their hard carapace didn't extend its protection to their soft underbellies. They were trouble, he had no doubt. Many held weapons - long spears with a green glowing spear tip of jagged rock. All marched with robotic efficiency, in time.

In the midst of a heavy guard of huge beetle like creatures - again walking on hind legs - a human male! Bearded, in his early forties, armoured like a Roman Centurion and with a hand on a holster containing some kind of futuristic pistol. What was going on here? Several insects were strange, with long snouts or proboscis sniffing at the ground. They would come across the crash site shortly, thanks to those tracking insects!

Nowhere Boy calmly adjusted one of the weapons he'd taken from the P'utinarians. It suddenly appeared in the air as it left the youngsters invisibility field! The legionnaire style insects were inhumanly fast, and moved to form a roman style formation, turning in and using hard back armour as a shield! The weapon overloaded, as Nowhere Boy had planned, and exploded! The human leader was showered in green ichor as the weapon destroyed a number of his guards. No matter - there were thousands where they came from!

"Find the intruder!" he shouted in English! He spoke with a well educated accent, as out of place in this dinosaur filled jungle as Nowhere Boy was himself in the body of a youngster!

The probing insects instantly turned to the invisible attacker, and started rushing through the bushes towards him! They paused when they saw the beeping weapon. It got louder, and louder... BANG!

It went off, spraying the tracking insects across several trees and into the faces of the charging Mantis troops!

Nowhere Boy used the mess and confusion to make his exit. If there were any stragglers at the crash site, he would not be able to help them!

=========

Lionheart crouched, getting his breath back...

He could see the jungle thinning out ahead... and paled at the sight. The place was buzzing with squawking, screeching flying Raptor men! They were constantly moving, circling the Aztec style pyramid in the jungle, covered as it was with vines and carved inscriptions. Lionheart also saw the glint of gold - the stuff was positively common about this edifice!

He crouched, looking up through the cover of bushes to the to top of the pyramid (OOC Ziggurat I think is the right word?)

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 6 2z7jv6b

Beth was seen for a moment at the top - which was heavily guarded - before disappearing into an entrance at the peak of the Ziggurat. Somewhere drums started pounding and ringing out across the jungle from within the huge temple like building.

How on earth would Lionheart fight through this lot? They clearly were some kind of high animal intelligence, though on a very, very basic level. He considered that his mental powers may indeed affect these creatures, but he counted more than a hundred outside the place...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 03 2011, 07:45

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote: How on earth would Lionheart fight through this lot? They clearly were some kind of high animal intelligence, though on a very, very basic level. He considered that his mental powers may indeed affect these creatures, but he counted more than a hundred outside the place...

OOC: Thanks for the ongoing Nowhere Boy updates, I like what is happening there. Would it be easier if I played him alongside Lionheart - but only till they've teamed up again? I'm not looking for another PC to play as if I don't have enough to do. But if he is going to be a significant part of this it might be more entertaining for you if I took him on temporarily. Assuming that his bits will come as and when but less frequently than my main characters?

Ok onto Lionheart - I think its time to try something plainly very stupid and bold, or just very stupid! I'm guessing there is no way that I've got time to wait till nightfall? Also that if I run at top speed through this crowd their speed, would mean they'd get something together before I got to the Ziggurat (yes I believe that is the right word?) Clearly there seems little likelihood of me discovering a convenient secret entrance either?

If the answer to any of the above might be a yes, its worth trying then consider them the option I take otherwise...

Lionheart knew he might be able to dash across to the Ziggurat but then what? Would he be able to get through all the guards, and surely for all his speed, some would be able to react and get back at him. Perhaps it might be best to cut to the chase and let himself be captured. Trusting that he might yet be able to surprise them, with his mental powers if push comes to shove.

With that Lionheart walked forward, his hands raised and speaking loudly and slowly. "HALLLLLLOOOOOO I COOOOME INNNN PEACCCCCCE"!"

Lionheart fully expected them to tie him up and take him to whatever was going on at the Ziggurate which he was desperately hoping wasn't going to be some sort of ritual sacrifice, but guessing that his hoping wasn't worth a great deal in the light of the evidence before him.

OOC:Ok bold or stupid or both! They may only sacrifice females, but whose to say they'd know the difference? But I guess I'm thinking the direct approach might be best, maybe not?

Ok now for a tense 24 hour wait ;-)
Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03 2011, 22:53

Agent Richard King

OOC Nowhere boy has stats of E:10 S:6 D:12: V:10 Htk: 35 Htc: 32 4 frames DC8 No dodge bonus or strike bonus. Powers of Field Manipulation (Electronic devices, range touch but control is total, reprogramming takes seconds and he can convince computers/circuits to do stuff they might not want to do normally...) Intangibility Gr 1, Flight Gr 1 and Invisibility Gr 1. He's no good in a fight, but that's not what Wraith/Nowhere Man was really about. Also James Caldwell is the most 'in touch' with his inner demon (so to speak) and most likely to gain his powers the fastest. The problem with him is that he's died so many times and kept bits of each personality in there with him, sometimes he's a bit odd. Kind of like a copy of windows that's been on a computer for years - you know it needs scrubbing and a re-install, but you've gotten so used to where everything is you leave it... Feel free to control his actions whilst he's still in Lionhearts' thread.

Lionheart winced as the creatures dashed forward, as fast as he was. Two grabbed his arms and pulled them behind him, whilst another snatched vine from a tree and wrapped it around his wrists. Thinking him secured they pushed him towards the base of the Ziggurat and two Raptor men there moved bushes aside to reveal a square opening in the lowest part. Up close the thing was enormous!

Lionheart was led into the darkness... unfortunately whilst the Raptor Men could see, he couldn't! On the plus side, he tested the vines and his superhuman strength was more than able to snap them at will, whenever he so chose! Inside the great structure, the drums were much louder. The Raptor men dragged their captive into the darkness....

=========

Nowhere Boy raced through the jungle...

The Insectoid legion moved with astonishing speed - he wouldn't have been surprised if they were as fast, or faster, than Lionheart! Fortunately, whilst intangible he didn't have to worry about bumping into things, so flew 'as the crow' flies, so to speak. Then he glanced up - a number of flying insect men buzzed behind him on gossamer wings above the treeline, spears in hand!

Grimacing, Caldwell made for the crash site - he had to warn the remaining P'utinarians!

Coming out of the trees he saw the P'utinarians had been unwilling to leave even the least useful piece of salvageable equipment behind, and several were working in tandem to transport big heavy blocks of stuff. A glance behind showed the insectoid fliers hot on Caldwells' heels, but they had no way of detecting him, save by scent. Scent! The humid state of this jungle was causing him to sweat, and that would be like leaving a marker to these things! He heard the trees crash as the bulk of the army made it's way to the crash site. He was 100m away now, and half a dozen flying Insectoids were only 10m behind him. In moments they would break through the trees and see the crash site!

=========

Lionheart saw light up ahead...

"Richard!" gasped Beth as she ran forward. She was in a large square room, the ceiling massive. All around the place on steps spreading out from a square sanded area on the floor were hundreds of Raptor men! The din was incredible, the things screeching and chittering away! Beth had been dragged here and thrust onto the floor. There, a rudimentary spear had been tossed. On the far side of the room where no Raptor men sat was an opening, wooden gate covering it. Something large and hostile prowled behind the gate, growling every now and again...

Flinging herself into Lionhearts arms, she kissed him full on, then hugged him. "Oh! They dragged me here, and seem to want to entertain their 'god'. It's on it's way, whatever it is! That's all I could guess at." The room was now full of Raptor men, the only exit being the one Lionheart had been dragged in from, or the one with the wooden gate across it. A living wall of Raptor men prevented escape though...

Suddenly the drums got louder, and the din lessened...

Something was about to happen!

OOC There is a 20m square of thin sand in the middle of this huge room where Lionheart and Beth are. On each side are steps/seats leading up to the Ziggurat walls, and they are fully occupied by hundreds of Raptor men. The entrance Lionheart came in by is blocked by five deep of Raptor men, and there are more clinging to the high walls (around 40m high, peaking to 60m high in the centre of the room). The gated door is 4m high and 5m across. Something is moving behind it... And the drums are getting very loud.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 04 2011, 13:26

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC Nowhere boy has stats of E:10 S:6 D:12: V:10 Htk: 35 Htc: 32 4 frames DC8

Got it ran a character sheet off for him based on this. Ok I think I know how I might play him.
========

Nowhere Boy raced through the jungle...

He was 100m away now, and half a dozen flying Insectoids were only 10m behind him. In moments they would break through the trees and see the crash site!

"Can't lead them to the others, boy!" James the elder said. "Won't do!" He replied out loud, "Of course not sir!" With that he shouted back at the creatures. "You can't catch me..." And ran off away from the ship. "Well done young'un!" Jimmy sniggered, "Do you know who pompus you sound!" He said to himself.

OOC:

Ok multiple versions of himself talking and all offering advice, Jimmy is what he refers to himself as a boy, James is his older self. Jim would be another version of him, but I think I will keep it at three or it just gets too complicated.

I run off away from the ship but if the insects pick up on anything I'll fly up to them to taunting them - hopefully not making it too obvious that I am trying to distract them. But also making it very clear to the P'utinarians that danger is nearby and they need to get away.

=========

Lionheart saw light up ahead...

"Richard!" gasped Beth as she ran forward. Flinging herself into Lionhearts arms, she kissed him full on, then hugged him.

Lionheart returned the kiss, if only briefly. "I never knew you cared..." He said flashing her a grin before becoming more serious.

Suddenly the drums got louder, and the din lessened...
Something was about to happen!

Lionheart could sense the change in the room, he wondered if he should try to find out what they faced, but he rather suspected that whatever lay beyond was going to come out in mere moments really not giving him much to go on. Looking about he sought some way to think this through.

Given the nature of things, he suspected that if, by some means he won, their captors would be outraged and escape would not come easy. If however the creature could be turned on the crowd, or Lionheart could turn it to some other use, he might yet be able to use their 'god' against them.

OOC:
1. Ok looking for the exists and entrances.
2. I move Beth behind me, clearly no point in pretending that I don't care.
3. I kneel down and grab a handful of the dust off the floor, and scoop it into a pocket - in case I need it for some dirty tricks fighting.
4. Once I've got the measure of the room, I aim to move forward to face what is coming out, rather than wait for it to use the room and corner me. I want to find out what I am facing, I was thinking of using Telempathy but I don't want to waste the psi points if the thing is beastial, if I've reason to suspect its more and that something can be gained from using it, I will do 1d20+18=27 ego check But don't use this otherwise.
5. I'll move forward and use the space to keep Beth behind me and give me some room to narrow the gap between the cage and me.

Ok enough writing - lets go for this.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 05 2011, 16:35

OOC no idea how long I'll have to answer this message - stuck on a train and doing what will turn out to be a 14 hour shift with no form of break whatsoever. Illegal, of course, and it's got me seething, but I literally have no alternative course of action than see it through. Right then...

Nowhere Boy
James Caldwell/Variants

Nowhere Boy switched his course, heading one way, then veering across the path of the buzzing insects behind. He heard a commotion, and looked back to see them crash into each other at speed! With a grin he slowed to let them gather themselves, and glanced up. The curling smoke above the treeline was a dead giveaway, but these things had locked onto his scent - he hoped they'd be blind to everything else!

Nowhere Boy saw them gather themselves, look about, twitching, then take off after him. The chase was on!

=========

The chasing Insectoids saw the buzzing fliers take off in another direction...

"What are they doing?" bellowed the Centurion. He frowned, then considered. The 'buzzers' were expert trackers. Literally, they ignored everything else and locked onto a target. Only killing them would stop them from finding and attacking/harassing their prey. Not particularly useful in a fight they were still fast, annoying, and distracting. Whatever it was they were tracking was surely of interest. He turned to a squad of half a dozen or so Mantis men, towering over him. "You! Investigate that smoke!" he said, referring to the black smoke curling into the sky somewhere in the jungle ahead. "The rest of you! This way! Our quarry won't get away, and we'll make it pay for the attack on our column!" The group charged into the jungle, and even fearsome dinosaurs knew to stay clear, lest they end up on the Insectoids dinner table!

=========

Nowhere Boy burst out of the jungle and stopped...

The ground ended abruptly beneath his feet - the land had broken away in a slide and toppled hundreds of feet below into a waterfall plunge pool! The water roared, and Nowhere Boy noticed the jungle in its splendour, split by a lazy wide river that plunged from this fall. A glance at the ground around showed more was ready to fall - of course he himself wouldn't be affected, being intangible and able to fly, but there may have been some way to...

He paused. The glint of something metallic had caught his eyes. Shading eyes from the sun he saw it! The tail end of some futuristic rocket ship! Though it was several miles distant it towered over the treetops, and must have been something along the lines of a quarter mile long at one point before it's crash! Even from here he saw dots - Pteranodons? - encircling it. Vines had crept over its shiny surface but there was no mistaking the thing. He also noticed the silvery bubble extending out and across the vast jungle land seemed centred on the vast craft!

Turning, he heard the buzzing getting closer, and the caw of exotic birds and animals as they cleared from his pursuers unruly path as they scythed through the jungle hunting for their prey!

OOC Nowhere Boy hovers over a cliff, a fall of hundreds of feet into a plunge pool that gathers and runs on as a river through the jungle. They are moments away. Across the river and several miles through teeming jungle is the crashed spacecraft.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Feb 05 2011, 16:49

Admin wrote:OOC no idea how long I'll have to answer this message - stuck on a train and doing what will turn out to be a 14 hour shift with no form of break whatsoever. Illegal, of course, and it's got me seething, but I literally have no alternative course of action than see it through. Right then...

That is outrageous mate, but its difficult to fight your corner if in the process of winning your rights, you also get handed your notice. I'm sorry to hear you're being taken advantage off mate! Is there something you can do, or someone you can go to, to make a formal complaint without it coming back to haunt you?

Nowhere Boy
James Caldwell/Variants

[Qoute]OOC Nowhere Boy hovers over a cliff, a fall of hundreds of feet into a plunge pool that gathers and runs on as a river through the jungle. They are moments away. Across the river and several miles through teeming jungle is the crashed spacecraft.[/quote]

Jimmy said to himself, "That bears further examination, time to loose the pursuit I think."

Leaping over the wall he turned intangible and allowed himself to float into the path of the waterfall, allowing it to both mask his presence and his scent. He held his breath for as long as he could, his intent wasn't to follow the waterfall down, but rather leave it floating behind the wall of water, where the cliff face receding behind the water so he could hide there allowing the insects to follow the course of the water down assuming he was being swept away.

Within a space behind the waterfall, he could wait to his pursuers were gone, and then fly off to see what he could make of the crashed ship.

OOC:
Ok so hope that is obvious, dive into the waterfall intangible and flying so I can float down and then hide behind the curtain of water where there is a gap behind, before leaving to investigate the downed ship.

Hope the rest of your shift goes ok mate. Thanks for replying amidst such a difficult working day!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 06 2011, 12:19

OOC stopped whilst tipping in a power station. Hopefully got chance to finish off the earlier post! I plan to take the matter up with the union, but having dark thoughts about my boss and all the management team isn't good for my rage issues... grrrr.... right then... Smile

Agent Richard King

Lionheart glanced about whilst the murmurs died, the drums ceased. Suddenly all heads turned - to behind him! There was a hush and a distinctly non reptilian figure walked out, wearing a cloak of leaves and what looked to be...

"Is that a papier mache head?" whispered Beth? She was referring to some kind of crude crocodile hat/mask that the newcomer wore!

The Raptor Men appeared to hold the figure - around 5'8" tall and rather portly around the middle, in some reverence!

Silence cut through the hall, even from the thing behind the wooden gate, as what was obviously their leader walked forward. Those closest to him slumped to the floor in obeisance. Lionheart was suddenly presented with the opportunity to escape, until the strange figure spoke "I say! You aren't insectoids! What's going on?" he said in a very english accent!

He moved closer seemingly eyeing you both up, with a lingering eye on Beth. "Haven't seen a woman for a long time! or one as pretty! And you... by jove! How did the pair of you get... ah... " he glanced around. "My primitive friends are expecting some kind of show. I hope you're fast. oh, and the thing that's coming out of the gate... if you're quick enough to get under its belly you can tickle the thing and it will fall face first onto the floor. Trust me! if an old man like me can do it!"

Beth gaped at the retreating figure as the Raptor men rose. "What on earth...?"

Lionheart wondered the same thing... but turned to see the gates, now open, and saw a creature from the history books! It was some kind of Allosaurus... but looked around with a form of intelligence in its eyes!

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 6 30vne48

OOC Apologies, again. I started this post last night and work has totally sucked away my weekend. Anyway, this thing is 10m away and towers 20' high. The jaws are big enough to bite you in half! It's not interested in the crowds, only the food placed in front of it!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Feb 06 2011, 13:53

Admin wrote:OOC stopped whilst tipping in a power station. Hopefully got chance to finish off the earlier post! I plan to take the matter up with the union, but having dark thoughts about my boss and all the management team isn't good for my rage issues... grrrr.... right then... Smile

We'll I appreciate getting to me, first but don't feel like you can't fill the others threads as well.

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:"if you're quick enough to get under its belly you can tickle the thing and it will fall face first onto the floor. Trust me! if an old man like me can do it!"

Beth gaped at the retreating figure as the Raptor men rose. "What on earth...?"

Lionheart hardly had time to think about what the strange man had said before he needed to make sure the Reptile focused on him, rather than Beth. "Get over to one side and stay low."

With that Lionheart had no trouble speeding forward under the legs of the creature and to where its underbelly distended down. Feeling somewhat absurd, Lionheart sure preferred rubbing its tummy to fighting it. So he used his skills, trying to rub the things belly, bringing to mind how some of the handlers around Bletchley were affectionate with the guard dogs, they looked after.

"I am never going to feel good about this, if I ever get out of here!" He couldn't help thinking to himself.

OOC:
Ok dash forward and rub tummy and hope my friend was right- or he's not my friend!

Admin wrote:
OOC Apologies, again. I started this post last night and work has totally sucked away my weekend. Anyway, this thing is 10m away and towers 20' high. The jaws are big enough to bite you in half! It's not interested in the crowds, only the food placed in front of it!

You've no need to worry, as far as I'm concerned mate, just take your time, if you've been gone 48 hours then I worry ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 07 2011, 22:34

Agent Richard King

OOC As mentioned in another thread I do posts in date order, so there's no favouritism - simply the fact that you're running three characters tends to have you popping up more than the others. At some point (when my life settles down) I'll extend the invitation to the other players to see if they fancy taking on an extra character (have a main then a less powerful secondary). Not quite sure when that might be, mind...

Beth cried out "No! What if it's a ..." she watched Lionheart speed away, ducking under a snapping jaw and cringing at the leathery flesh in front of him. Then he tickled for all he was worth!

WHUMP!

The world was shut out, darkened, and the roars muted. Lionheart strained, and with his miraculous superhuman strength pushed at the soft underbelly of the thing lest it suffocate him!

"Ah yes!" shouted the old man in the bizarre 'Raptor man' costume. "Should have mentioned to tickle then keep going, straight under the tail. Hope your friend is alright! I broke all my ribs the first time. After that I got used to being doused in Dino muck as the big fellow tends to let go when he's being tickled..."

Beth gaped, moved well clear of the thrashing claws and chortling jaws of the huge creature, and pulled on a hand she saw jutting from underneath the creatures massive form! The crowd went silent, then gasped as Lionheart emerged, covered in dust from head to foot but alive!

The old man in the costume walked forwards, even as the dazed Dinosaur shook its head and looked about. He patted the thing on the side of the head, muttered something, and it relaxed! in an instant, it was snoring! Turning, he addressed the crowd. "Chan Tzar, kra Mona, Tikki tak tak!" and gestured to Lionheart and Beth! She was pulling a face from the four foot high pile of excrement the dazed dino was lying in, he was spitting dust and brushing his tattered shirt down, all the while looking about for treachery!

=========

Having been escorted from the arena as an honoured guest of the high chieftain....

Beth and Lionheart were led behind the man with a heavy escort of suspicious looking Raptor Men. That their leader had given them life was disappointing, especially since the great one had ordered the capture and death in the arena of all pale skinned bipeds after the death they had brought down on the normally peaceful Raptoids!

At the peak of the Ziggurat the door closed behind Beth and Lionheart into what appeared to be a throne room. A primitive one, to be sure, but a crude stone throne looked out across the jungle valley through openings in the ziggurat. From there Beth and Lionheart could see the distant colossal spaceship jutting from the jungle, the massive force bubble arcing over the land and the glare of the Antarctic ice beyond!

"Right then" said an old man (OOC Picture Dickie Attenborough from Jurrassic Park, old round, white bearded fellow) "Seeing as I'm king around here..." he said, tossing his papier mache hat and cloak of leaves on the throne, and pulling back a curtain to reveal what amounted to a junk room, "How about you tell me who you are, and how you got here?" He appeared to be rummaging about in the room, then cried out. Returning, he held aloft a kettle made of plastic (Lionheart recognised the material, but Beth was rather confused by it all). He poured water from a wicker bowl into it and muttered "Hope the bloody power cell still has some charge left or we're drinking cold tea again..."

Lionheart gaped. Power cell technology was a commonplace item in his era! Tiny self powering units that drew power from a tiny hydrogen processor unit about the size of a matchbox! After the various world wars, societies had rebelled against dependence on wall mounted power supplies that tended to get cut when the power station was bombed out of existence! Was this man...

He turned around. "Tea for two?" with a grin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Feb 08 2011, 09:11

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:OOC As mentioned in another thread I do posts in date order...

Fair enough mate, just thought others had been waiting longer judging by the dates and I am aware that my posting might inadvertently put you under more pressure to reply to me, before others who'd be waiting. I guess I didn't want you to feel you couldn't ignore me till you've replied to the others. When life is hassling you I want to be the guy in the room who isn't ;-).
==============

Admin wrote:Lionheart gaped. Power cell technology was a commonplace item in his era! Was this man...
He turned around. "Tea for two?" with a grin.

Lionheart didn't need much more proof as to what the man had, but did that imply he came from his time? Could he be a time traveller, he certainly seemed familiar with the items and their operation. And yet the kettle - seemed more late 20th Century. So possible a time traveller? Could he have come back to study all this strange conglomeration of aliens and dinosaurs all shielded within some fantastical energy dome, living in a prehistoric bubble?

Lionheart couldn't be sure he was with a friend and that complete honesty would gain him the information he needed. He could probe the man later, but for now decided to act without knowledge, hopefully letting the man tell him more that way.

"So firstly where can I clean up, I stink to high heavens, and this has been one long day so far. By the way, have you any idea where we are, what all these strange creatures are doing - alive! Kept my some sort of bubble amidst some decidedly strange chaps like you're friends back there?" Lionheart tried not to over ham his show of the English of this period. But having been around quiet a few folk now, he could more or less get the mannerisms and language down pat.

He hoped his off hand curiosity worked for him, after all what person wouldn't have a million questions from all they'd witnessed after seeing a real human being? Turning quickly to Beth, and trying to stay downwind of her, he indicated all was well for now. He knew she would be on her guard. It was a war after all?

OOC:
Ok play dumb, ask touristy type questions - we're knew here, who are you, what is going on, I demand to see the British Ambassador etc.

But I'm on my guard for funny stuff. I want to know if this man is any way connected to my time line (or for that matter a later one) to Trowers and or the Nazi's etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next