The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard! Issue #5 - Portal to the past!

5 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #5 - Portal to the past! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #5 - Portal to the past!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 21 2010, 07:17

The Vanguard- Lionheart

Lionheart took one expert look at Shadow Vulture and could see that he wasn't in such a good way. Seeing what he had in mind, Lionheart had other ideas. He wasn't about to let another life be spent too early. Moving swiftly to his side he bent down and spoke, "Right I can take them and hopefully still have time to get you out of this mess and sort out those wounds of yours."

OOC: Speed over to Shadow Vulture, and get ready to take the pellets and move in to tackle Devastator with them.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #5 - Portal to the past! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #5 - Portal to the past!

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Oct 21 2010, 12:11

PUTTY

"Last warning!" bellowed the megaphone voice.

"Not going to let you loose again," Putty muttered to the thing inside him.

Outloud, he/Adjutant laughed at the mechs surrounding him.

"Your toys have weakened me a bit," he said, letting go of the mech, "but even all of them combined can't stop me!"

ooc: Going to Plan B - since they weigh too much to throw around, charge them and disable the power source of the thing stopping Adjutant, while maintaining the form of Adjutant.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu Oct 21 2010, 12:28

Stormwarden

"Not on my watch, mate!" he muttered as he sprung straight back at Devastator, trying to gain his attention and bring it away from his wounded colleagues and friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: Continue hitting him with the hammer:
This dice is not existing.
This dice is not existing.

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 21 2010, 23:17

The Vanguard - Stormwarden, Lionheart and Shadow Vulture
VS Devastator!!

OOC Ugh. The gold D20. I had plans to put up a die face for every side of the die, but couldn't remember where my D20 was. Think it's in the loft. Will put on a 'to do' list unless someone wants to photograph 20 sides of a d20 and email the pics to me Smile Stormwarden is around 15m away from Devastator. He was being given the run around by Lionheart, and lilke a good hulking near animal intelligence bad guy, took the bait and ran over to where Lionheart was. Then Lionheart ran back to Stormwarden/Shadow Vulture. Stormy has a frame, then the four for big green nasty guy. Want to hold it and ride out the storm of the big green guys fury before slugging him with the hammer? In the meantime...

Shadow Vulture grinned beneath the mask. "For so long the third Reich has played god. The P'utinarians were deceived, then betrayed by them after helping them win World War II. They have annexed most of Europe with their overwhelming metahuman power, and rival anything Russia and America have to offer whilst keeping them at each others throats with espionage activities. In short, they have grown arrogant, and careless. Then you came along with your friends... coincidence?" he chuckled, glancing at the vile green giant before handing Lionheart the pellets. "Squeeze once then get rid of them in a couple of seconds or they'll blow your hand off. Each is the equivalent to a grenade, but I don't think it will do much other than slow the thing down." He painfully rose to his feet then added "Some of my peers called me a fool for voicing my ideas, but I believe this land calls out when in need, and you... " he says, referring to Lionheart and Stormwarden "Answered."

The buildings on either side cracked and wobbled some more. Suddenly a large shard of concrete came tumbling down towards Lionheart and Shadow Vulture! "MOVE!" shouted the former Nazi, staring up at the shard and pinned to the spot thanks to his injuries restricting movement.

OOC Stormy has a frame to use, then the bad guys four. Shadow Vulture will try and dodge, but I don't hold out much hope for him. If this was Star Trek, he'd have a red jersey, but you guys always have a way of changing the script, so I'll see what Stormy does before dicing for the dodge then moving Devastator...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 21 2010, 23:41

The Vanguard - Nowhere Man and Putty
Guest Starring... Adjutant!

OOC I'll take your plan B and run with it - if there's something not to your liking we'll redo it. I don't want to get too bogged down with a battle with these guys as Putty can take them in his sleep - it's metahuman vs normal human in a vehicle basically, albeit one designed specifically to take Adjutant out with Psionics and then spray him with containment foam whilst keeping the Psionics hammering away at him. There is a snag to their plan though - Putty isn't Adjutant, hence...

Putty/Adjutant ran towards the nearest Mech which backed up a step, then another! Suddenly he was almost on top of it, then he glanced to the side... A stream of steelfoam shot past him, spraying the floor and hardening on the ground behind where he stood! That gave Putty an idea...

OOC 1d6+2-1=6 for a dodge. I will *assume* you use a future frame to dodge (it doesn't make much difference really how many frames you use against these things - they are the equivalent of army grunts piloting clunky tanks shaped like robots, not highly trained military killing machines who could turn a paper aeroplane into a deadly weapon a la Bourne and co.)

Putty/Adjutant stepped back. He was a clear target. They couldn't miss! The guns levelled... and foam sprayed out! As soon as it touched air it started to harden, and within metres of leaving the gun barrel was hardened. Even if they did hit Putty, the chances were it would be hard before it hit him, but Putty figured it best not to take that chance... It was a reasonably simple matter to step aside. Teh foam was designed to hold incapacitated targets and for a moving one it was a simple matter to move to one side and watch the streams zap by... to encapsulate the other mechs!

"No! You fool!" cried one pilot over the comms. "You have..." "Wait! Do not fire! I am in the line of... " "Look out! No!"

Putty stood, dusting off a stray gobbet of hardened foam from his 'costume' - his skin in actual fact and looked about. The Mechs were all gummed up and stuck. One made a grinding noise and toppled with a clang onto it's back, whilst the rest were more or less covered from top to bottom in the foam. They wouldn't go anywhere in a hurry, that was for sure...

=========

Putty flowed up the side of the building, and arrived on the roof. Nowhere Man was there, head in hands, sat on a low wall, and looked up. Adjutant was flat out on his back, clutching his head. "You took your time. Glad to see you made it." rasped the dark clad Vanguardian. He rose with a groan. "I don't want to try that trick again until I've recovered some. near enough pulled my molecules apart phasing and flying him. At least the invisibility was only painful, not life threatening." He sighed, and went over to Adjutant, pulling him up onto shaky legs. "The Psionics will still affect him for a few hundred yards or so. After that, he should recover, though his powers will be diminished. The brain controls the powers with subconscious thought, much as a normal brain would with bodily functions such as moving a limb. You will it, it happens, usually. The Psionics mess with that part, and make it painful to use the powers. With so many passive powers this guy must be going through hell right now."

Nowhere Man wobbled, then righted himself. Looking to Putty, he asked "Want to do the honours?" with a wave at Adjutant. He turned and looked out over London. "A storm is brewing. That's where we're headed."

Putty followed his gaze. A cloud was boiling up in the middle of a mostly clear blue sky, lightning dancing around it. A flash in the far distance as the sun glinted from multiple incoming Nazi jets suggested they didn't have long! Nowhere Man turned to Putty and said "I know you don't want to do it, but you may well have to call on your inner power. I can't do it yet, the others can't do it at all and if this guy is still flaked out we could become residents of the prison we're trying to break the Warlock out of! Think about it, at least!"

OOC you've a mile or so as the crow flies to get to the others and help with Devastator. The Nazis are minutes away. Any thoughts on getting there quickly, or are you just going to tuck Adjutant under an arm and run/climb/jump? Below, the city streets are mostly deserted with Marshal Law having been declared. A number of cars are parked below. Sirens wail in the distance, and the roar of jets/helicopters from across London suggests the area around the Prison will very soon become the meeting place for metahumans in the Nazi empire...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Oct 22 2010, 04:38

PUTTY

Putty stood, dusting off a stray gobbet of hardened foam from his 'costume' - his skin in actual fact and looked about. The Mechs were all gummed up and stuck. One made a grinding noise and toppled with a clang onto it's back, whilst the rest were more or less covered from top to bottom in the foam. They wouldn't go anywhere in a hurry, that was for sure...

OOC: That's right! Putty is buck naked all the time!! So's the Martian Manhunter and Miss Martian from the DC stories I've read. alien

OOC you've a mile or so as the crow flies to get to the others and help with Devastator. The Nazis are minutes away. Any thoughts on getting there quickly, or are you just going to tuck Adjutant under an arm and run/climb/jump? Below, the city streets are mostly deserted with Marshal Law having been declared. A number of cars are parked below. Sirens wail in the distance, and the roar of jets/helicopters from across London suggests the area around the Prison will very soon become the meeting place for metahumans in the Nazi empire...

OOC:
Not feeling creative this late at night so let's tuck Adjutant inside Putty, with his head stuck out for air. He can cuddle with the Grail while Putty run/jumps/climbs the mile or so. After all, most folks can move a mile less than 8 minutes and the best under 4 minutes and Putty's movement is slightly faster than most folks.

"I think you will be safer here," Putty says, as he grabs Adjutant and oozes over him, leaving only his head free. "That hard thing you are feeling near your hand is the Grail so don't go squeezing it and destroying it."

With that, Putty jumped off the roof, snagging the side of the building a couple of times to slow down his fall to the point where landing wouldn't bother him. He then took off running and climbing and jumping his way to the prison walls.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:29

[size=18]Lionheart

OOC: I think at this juncture I've used up my frames so its just dialogue until Devastator has struck?

Lionheart too the pellets carefully from Shadow Vulture, before brining a hand near to help him get comfortable. At that moment he saw Shadow Vulture look up as he heard the crack of masonry falling away from the building behind. "Oh o!" He thought as he turned to look up.

OOC: Ok since I can't act at the moment I'm not sure what to do, but I'll either try and parry the masonry with my powers or punch it, depending on what is better, or else help Shadow Vulture get out of this. He's been too good an NPC to let get splattered.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23 2010, 01:05

The Vanguard - Kitten and Frostbite

As they got closer to the cloud it was clear a battle raged between two buildings. Smoke and dust rose from the buildings themselves and it seemed one might fall, taking the other with it! With a worried look Frostbite increased his pace, and soared between the buildings for a closer look!

The Vanguard - Lionheart, Stormwarden and Shadow Vulture
VS Devastator

OOC I was thinking maybe Stormwarden might have tried to parry the falling concrete away, but Kendal may well not have had chance to take a look in, plus all these separate threads in the same post get a bit confusing, so I'll go with...

Stormwarden saw Lionheart and Shadow Vulture underneath the falling concrete shard and stepped forward, not a moments hesitation in his mind! Swinging the hammer, he connected, obliterating it and filling the alleyway with dust! The damage had been done though - this place was about to become a death trap - either Devastator would get them - or the falling buildings would!

The Vanguard - Nowhere Man and Putty, with Adjutant!

As they get further from the cordon/ring of Psionic mechs, Adjutant felt his powers returning. He came to, looked around, then muttered "My thanks to you, P'utinarian. I'll give YOU a lift from here!" He flew, Putty and all, up amongst the buildings to where Nowhere Man flew, then thrust a hand out of the mass that was Putty for Nowhere Man to take. Adjutant looked forwards, narrowing his eyes. "My powers.. not up to full strength yet! But enough to see your friends are in danger! Those fools what have they unleashed now?"

Nowhere Man and Putty glanced at each other. Did he mean their friends or the Nazi authorities?

Suddenly Adjutant sped forward with Putty clung to him and Nowhere Man trailing by his arm! The former Nazi was careful to restrict his speed but was still faster than Nowhere Man or Putty might have covered the ground...

"Impressive..." rasped the dark clad Vanguardian. "Especially since I'm intangible..." he added, seeing Adjutant clasping his wrist as if he were solid!

=========

Meanwhile, on a nearby roof...

Three figures, all very different but clad in the same uniform, look on the battle with eyes that need no binoculars to see from afar...

"It's time to move in. All units. This is the Excelsior. Converge on Devastators position! Be aware that Adjutant is with the rogues. We are prepared for him, but he's no fool! Follow our lead and concentrate on the others. When they are down, commence with Devastators' containment! Engage!" said a red, white and black clad man. His finely muscled form contrasted with the lithe athleticism of the woman next to him and the brutish power of the man towering over the pair of them. "I can take Devastator on my own." he declared.

"Stick to the plan. Adjutant first, then the terrorists, then Devastator. Be my guest if we take them down and you find yourself one on one with the brute, but be warned his power increases exponentially. That's what makes him so dangerous, uncontrollable even."

The woman turned "Then why did they not make more like us? We are the next generation, but there are only three of us!"

The man turned "We are infused with Adjutants DNA. There is only a finite amount they can extract from a single hair follicle! Besides, we three will be the prime protectors when Adjutant has gone! The Lunarium proved to be a boon.. and a curse! When the rebels obtained Lunarium X from the moon base before it was destroyed, we knew the rank and file of the metahuman army would be compromised, which is why they brought us out of training. Now is a chance to prove ourselves!"

The trio flew from the roof, as one, and accelerated towards the battle site!

=========

Frostbite and Kitten soared down. They saw Stormwarden smash a falling shard of concrete to pieces, then gasped in horror as a glowing green form emerged from the dust to tower over Stormwarden! It raised a fist, and Frostbite shouted a warning to his friend! Stormwarden looked up, knowing the brute would smash down on him. For Kitten, she was forcibly reminded of Robbie Raymond and what had happened to him! This creature was almost a carbon copy, save it stood fifteen feet tall and looked like it weighed more than a large family saloon!

Just then they looked up - Adjutant soared down, with Nowhere Man and Putty in tow! He landed then having released the Vanguardians to stand near their friends, spun on the spot like a top to disperse the dust!

And more new arrivals were revealed!

Suddenly Devastator turned, looking down at the new arrivals, then back at the Vanguard.

The Vanguard! Issue #5 - Portal to the past! - Page 3 2u7nn1z

The newcomers were in different uniforms to those seen before by the Vanguard, and seemed to have an air of confidence, assurance about them!

"Adjutant." said the bald headed man. "You have betrayed everything you are and know by siding with these rebels. For that you will die."

Adjutant frowned, squinting. "You... you're all... clones of me?"

The girl smiled "Not clones. Improvements! We have most of your strengths... and none of your weaknesses!" She pressed a button on her wristband and Adjutant winced, clutching a hand to his head "Unnnh. Not again." he said, Psionics interfering with his balance and causing him to fall to the ground, albeit unharmed.

The big man in the uniform growled "I'm going to pound you into paste, traitor!"

The green giant laughed "NOT UNLESS I EAT HIM FIRST!" he bellowed.

This was going to get messy, fast!

OOC So I figure we need initiative.1d10=6 Heroes, 1d10=5 Bad Guys after a couple of tied rolls. 1 Frame to the good guys. In case you need a run down, here's a map...

The Vanguard! Issue #5 - Portal to the past! - Page 3 2rwky68

And locations:

Devastator O/P9
Bludgeon N9
Soarer M9
Ultimus L/M9

Lionheart O11
Shadow Vulture N11
Stormwarden M11
Adjutant M12
Putty P12
Nowhere Man O13
Kitten L15
Frostbite M15

OOC Now, something like this could easily - all too easily - bog down with to and fro and responses etc. If you can, I'd like you to describe your general tactics (attack - with which powers, defend, taunt etc) response to being struck (dodge, parry, nothing, something else) a target (one of the four nazis) and anything else you might consider important (e.g. you will break off combat to pull an injured comrade out of danger). I'm trying it this way because this sort of thing could go on for weeks if we don't watch out, and I'm trying to avoid that. Instead I'll be interpreting your actions as best I can, rolling the dice offline (so, up into the loft for my old dice bag) and not posting results so I can trim my posting time down. I hope to get more narrative in that way and less clunky mechanics, which most people might not bother to read anyway? *shrug* Just an attempt to run the fight more in line with what you might see in the comics, and I'll spice it up with some of my frankly awful pictures every now and again. Thoughts, queries, questions etc, try to keep to the OOC thread area, and we'll see how we get on with this. If it don't work so well, we'll stick to the tried and trusted methods as per previous battles, but I'm hoping we can sort this faster. I will be doing a full sheet with Htc, Htk and energy totals at some point later on today (seeing as we're into Saturday) and posting as much as I can over the weekend, so hopefully we can get a round or two done. The calibre of opponents you face means that the Vanguard will need their 'A' game, and that may mean Putty and Kitten calling on those Dark Powers they fear/loathe/don't know much about, but we'll see. Right. 1 Frame each, try to list the stuff I asked for at the start of my ramble (in bold) if you can, and fingers crossed it should be fun for all...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Oct 23 2010, 03:40

PUTTY

ooc: Looks like Putty has the priviledge of standing closest to Devastator. Frostbite and Putty also have those Lunarian weapons that we haven't bother or needed to use. I think, it has been awhile, that Putty has the sling bullets or arrowheads or something like that. So I'm going to try to use those weapons and see who they work against. Have to modify actions a bit if they aren't the bullets or arrowheads.

"Another giant," Putty mutters outloud. "Just great! Probably as stupid as the other ones were too!"

Putty reaches inside his body for the Lunarian X weapon that he has been holding onto, with both hands. When he pulls his hands free from his body, the bullets are now embedded into his knuckles, giving him the equivalent of brass knuckles, he hopes. He snaps out a quick right at the green giant.

"Anyone have names on these folks so we can call out who we are taking down," he asks as he stretches and swings. "And who does our weapons work against?"

ooc: for this first few rounds, going to maintain some distance and punch at range, one hit on each of the Fatal Four to see if his Lunarian X weapon works against any of them. And if they don't, whether or not his strength backing those weapon punches are effective. Then he will concentrate on the foe his attacks are most effective against. He will generally leave one frame of action free to use for dodging each round.

Plans for DUPs: After getting some Major Skills, need to increase movement somehow. Don't need or want superspeed but somehow increase running to cover more than 7 meters in a frame. Being able to stretch like he does ought to mean some increase in distance traveled. Maybe create a Grade 3 Stretching that allows for that and a bit more damage absorbant?

And that special power our GM came up with when I first created Putty would be the third thing to work on.

Or fourth and get Agility up to Grade 2.

Also would like to max out my Strength, setting it up as a 38 Strength instead of a 30. Don't really have plans to go higher than that right now.

That ought to take me, what? Three or four years of game playing? king
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Oct 23 2010, 08:12

Frostbite & Lionheart

As regards the idea of narrative holding sway over crunch I'm all for it. I'd rather the story move at a reasonable pace that worry about who rolled which dice. In terms of what we do where I think that for my characters:

IC:

Lionheart nodded his thanks toward Stormwarden as he noted Frostbite and a young lady being carried in his arms, at the same moment more goose-stepping goons appeared.

But it was no laughing matter when moments later, doubled over in pain Adjutant was brought low. He couldn't believe his eyes, alternating between seeing his friends and at the same time having to fight once again to their objective.

He did his best for Shadow Vulture, seeking to move him out of the combat and to try and tie up his wounds that at least he might be able to defend himself if necessary.

Meanwhile Frostbite turned to Kylie. "This is bad, we are hear to restore our time line. What you see the Nazi's they lost World War 2 and never rose to power like this. Our world is very different and its a world to which you should have been born into rather than what we witness here. My friends and I are the only people from our time line, kept by the shadows within us, that realise this and we are here to right things. We need to break into the prison to get out an old Warlock, who'll use magic to send us back to the decisive moment in the past where time was changed." Frostbite paused, did the girl believe him, could she take it all in.

"I know this sounds fantastic, but you have powers that were not derived from Nazi experiments, so you are no stranger to fantastic. I've got to go help me friends, but we'd be honoured if you stood with us. I think you know that you life as it stood is over even if you walked away now. But I have to fight with my team and there is for you a place if you wish to take it."

As Frostbite concluded his remarks, he lowered Kylie to the floor and then nodded, as he sped over to join his friends.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Sat Oct 23 2010, 09:15

Stormwarden

Covered in dust from the concrete, Stormwarden just frowned. Devastator he thought he could handle - one way or another. These others might be superior to him.

"Ah. The arrival of your superiors, eh?" he tossed at Devastator. "Knowing them, they'll look down on even you, my green friend!"

With that he moved in.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: No - I missed the bit about the falling concrete. Thanks for making the response because that is exactly what Stormy would have done.

Stormy's attack is still going to be focused on Devastator - the intention was to attack with the hammer again and also bring down a massive lightning strike like we did to help charge the space ship. Of course that may well change if Devastator chooses another target...like his erstwhile colleagues. So I'm opening up with a little dialogue.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23 2010, 22:49

OOC best laid plans and all that. Should've known better. I started this post this morning, did a bit this afternoon, more in the evening and here we are 21.29 on a Saturday night. So much for my wanting to speed things along. I have a cunning plan that will cost me money to implement, but we'll see if it comes about, and that may well increase my posting rate. Otherwise, this coming week, more of the same. Work have really got it in for me with 54 hours over 5 days, plus travel time to/from work. Apologies for that, will try my best as usual.

The Vanguard

Putty

OOC Take another look at the map. Putty is stood behind Lionheart who stands closest to the bad guys. As for DUPs, in this game they kind of work differently. As the game more or less runs without pause from one calamity to the next disaster, there's no time for training and its all on the job learning, which is/should be faster. If y'all get through this Issue in one piece, there will be DUPs doled out, have no fear. I dare say Putty will be able to pick up a few skills, or maybe an upgrade to existing power, or a new power completely. We'll see what transpires... As for Lunarium X weapons, Frostbite had the Axe - at one point. he's been through so much since then its easy enough to assume he lost it somewhere in the land of Myth, especially after the kicking he took from Puttys' alter ego. Putty can store a number of items inside his body, so arrow heads and sling bullets are fine.

Throwing a Lunarium X assisted punch at the big man in the uniform, Putty hoped the element would affect them. It would be very effective against 'normal' Nazi rank and file metahumans, but it seemed normal was getting rarer with every passing hour when it came to battling the Nazis forces!

He swung a fist, arm stretching out towards the Nazi... who swayed to the side, impassive. "These foes are beneath us!" he exclaimed, as Putty pulled his fist back in.

OOC Roll of 2. I'm using 'real' dice by the way but don't for a minute think all the rolls will be lousy. My blue D20 bought nearly 30 years ago was always legendary in my gaming group for being naturally weighted. 20 comes up very often. Of course, that goes both ways... *whistle*

Lionheart

Lionheart took a look over Shadow Vulture. The man was unpowered due to the Lunarium X weapons in close proximity. It seemed all of the Vanguardians had them, leaving the former Nazi powerless, and in pain!

Scooping him up in his arms, he sped to the end of the alleyway where Frostbite and Kitten awaited. Placing him down, Lionheart looked back down the alley. It was good to be reunited with the team but he had a bad feeling about how this would go - for a start the buildings on either side might collapse at any time!

Shadow Vulture

The former Nazi grunted with pain. He'd climbed onto Lionhearts back and clung on so he could be sped away. Hating to run from a fight though his keen mind already started to formulate plans. He placed a hand on Lionhearts shoulder. "Remember that trick my friend. you may need to get the others out in a hurry. Also, take a look..." and with a wave of his hand he gestured at the buildings on either side of the alley. Fine lines in the form of cracks were spraying up the sides, brick and concrete alike protesting at the sheer force being used by those in the fight. "Remember those grenades? You want to hand them back to me and I'll try to pick the right time to use them. At the minute, you let them off and the team may be buried under tons of rock!"

Frostbite

Frostbite explained to the young woman as best he could the situation. It sounded fantastic, nonsensical, but so much of his life had been like that these last months he could barely believe it himself! The proof was in what they could do, and who they faced. Quite literally, Impossible was something to be considered, then overcome these days! Hoping his words had inspired her to join them, Frostbite turned, nodding to Lionheart and the dark clad stranger with him, then flew down the alleyway to the battle.

<<Warning! This unit detects seismic activity in the immediate vicinity. Suggest you vacate the area, immediately!>> said the computer inside his head. And leave his friends? Frostbite almost laughed at the thought.

Nowhere Man

Intangible, though visible, Nowhere Man sized up his foes. With a rueful smile under the mask he wondered how Tor might have sized up to the musclebound giants facing off against them. He also considered the legendary Ben Nevis, a hero in the Executive, and friend to Lionheart. Never one to shy from a fight he would probably relish taking on more powerful foes, giving as good as he got and probably more. The man was a giant, and not just in physical size. He glanced back at Lionheart. A giant, but when his friend had died, somehow diminished, until his eventual disappearance, a mystery even Nowhere Man had failed to solve. He considered the changed timeline. Right now, the Executive and Lore Knights had never existed! The Vanguard needed to go back in time to restore it to its rightful course of events... but in doing so, would they rewrite history, and in doing so bring up a new timeline? His head started to reel at the thought of the paradox, and he was stung to action when Adjutant turned "You need to do something about the devices on their wrists! Psionic emitters! playing havoc with my powers!" he gasped.

Nowhere Mans eyes narrowed. His powers were still all over the place since his resurrection. In his earliest incarnation when he'd gotten his powers at Caer Alwyn all those years ago, he'd been able to affect machines. Later his powers had changed, enabling him to speak and interact with the dead! Time to see what worked, and what didn't...

Nowhere Man flew over to hover near the bald headed Nazi, Ultimus.

Adjutant

Though he was human in mind, Adjutants powers and the way they worked made him far, far more powerful than any normal metahuman. The exceptions, of course, were in this alleyway. And half of them were former allies, now his enemy! He thought himself a fool for being so trusting - the Nazis had expected him to change his allegiance at some point. Not only that, but they'd used his own dna to infuse with that of vat grown humans! He shook his head in denial. The pain from the emitters would get more intense the closer he got to these new Nazis, and the control of his powers more erratic! Unlike the mechs with the emitters they'd a greater effect on him, but much less range, measured in metres.

With that in mind he looked about.

And Adjutant took to the skies! His speed was nothing like his peak, and he bounced from a wall on the way up, powdering stone! Just then he saw into windows. An office block? Full of workers? No!!! Wavering, he hovered a hundred metres in the air, looking down on the scene, torn between taking the battle to a distance and using his powers to take the Nazis down, and saving the civilians who clung to anything they could to steady themselves in the swaying buildings! His indecision would cost him!

Stormwarden

The master of storms looked overhead. His storm was brewing nicely, violent looking clouds flashing bright and marking a stark contrast to the blue all about! Soon! He would call down the lightning on his foes, and let them feel the fury of the storm!

Suddenly Adjutant took off, flying straight up! The coward?!?! No wait... He watched the former Nazi pause, and look down with indecision. Had he reconsidered about leaving the Vanguard to face these goons, or was there something else? Oops.

The glowing green giant loomed over Stormwarden who pulled back a mighty arm, then scythed out with the hammer, aiming directly for the parts other beers couldn't reach!

OOC And there we go. Told ya. 20. The 'old faithful' die had a ridiculous strike rate back in the day. My players called it a 'player killer' and so it was, so they'd go on strike unless they could put theirs aside and roll it too. Combat was deadly back then in Basic & AD&D Smile For Stormwarden, the effects are somewhat different...

"OOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!" screamed the Giant.

Every male on the battlefield (aside from Putty - P'utinarians do things differently I expect) winced and pulled a face at the blow. The ladies could only grin. Devastator staggered back, clutching his nether regions... And his body grew. The plates that made up his green hide swelled and stretched, but the gap between them now was enough to slot a finger between, and getting bigger! With a cry of pain and agony the giant green Nazi grimaced as his skin felt like it was pulling apart - which it was! His muscles and bones stretched and swelled, the giant becoming gigantic as he staggered, then righted. He stood over twenty feet tall now, his calves as wide as Stormwardens body!

Glancing at the hammer, Stormwarden looked up... and up. The giant didn't look pleased...

Kitten

Kylies' head whirled with what was happening. Only a day or so ago, she'd woken from a coma, found she'd somehow gotten superpowers, met a young man in the resistance and seen him poisoned with a serum that changed him into a monster! She'd battled government agents, superhuman Nazis and met the now famed terrorists who appeared to be the good guys in all of this! That wasn't so hard to believe, knowing what had happened to her father and from what she knew of the resistance work, but this?

She gaped. Adjutant was someone she'd heard about on the news, a hero, THE hero of the German Empire! Now he was fighting on the side of these people, Frostbite being one, and she'd met him only minutes ago, when he'd helped her against the vile Nazi Bloodhound! Coupled with all of that, she heard a mysterious voice in her head, had to break into the most secure prison in the land to free her father and now appeared to be tangled up in what could only be described as some kind of apocalyptic superhuman war! The buildings on either side of the alley they fought in were occupied with workers going about their normal routine - or had been until the earthquakes caused by the massive forces had started to make them collapse! And on top of all that, a thunderstorm formed overhead, a singular large cloud around the size of several football fields set in a perfectly blue sky! Had the world gone mad?

In a word, yes, and Kylie was one of the few who could right it!

OOC I'll assume Kylie is holding her frame to use with the other frames. Now it's the bad guys turn...

=========

Excelsior

Ultimus vs Nowhere Man

Ultimus glanced about. He looked up, then frowned at Devastator. He knew of the project to use Lunarium X, instead of ordinary Lunarium, to empower the volunteers the Third Reich had gathered. He remembered reading the files. Thousands of them had turned out wrong. 'Wrong' of cause meant anything that didn't perfectly match the Nazi ideal of perfection, or at least acceptability. As an honourable man the hypocrisy had rankled at him, but then he himself knew only what his superiors told him. Infused with the memories of a much older man, a war hero, as well as others, he had been grown in a vat. His human DNA had been infused with that of the - now - traitor Adjutant and accelerated to adult age through techniques best described as science fiction, derived mostly from the P'utinarian technology they had forcibly taken from the unwitting aliens decades before. All he knew now was that his 'father' Adjutant, must be subdued or killed and that the rebellion would be stopped here and now if these strangers were destroyed or captured. It was their choice, but by all accounts they had smashed through every line of Nazi defence. They were not to be underestimated.

Ultimus looked at Bludgeon, then grinned. Try telling that to him! The big man revelled in his power, his sheer strength and invulnerability. The leader of the Excelsior shrugged. He would learn, one day, even if Ultimus himself had to put him in his place!

He adjusted the dial on the wrist bracelet he wore. Looking up, he turned to Soarer. "Go after Adjutant. Keep him on the defensive and get him back down here. You're almost as fast as he is normally, and with the emitters probably faster, so long as he is affected. You and Bludgeon subdue him. Me and Devastator will take these others."

He concentrated, mental energy building up inside his head, then unleashed it at the dark clad one coming towards him!

OOC 20 for Nowhere Man, 18 for Ultimus on the mental attack. Normally a 20 is not a critical for a mental attack, but I'll treat 1 and 20 as being critical results for bad or better. Hence...

Nowhere Man paused. "Ahhhh" he gasped, blood running from his nose. He clamped hands on his head and screamed "Out! Nazi scum!"

Ultimus himself cried out, an instant migraine sending his vision spinning! As he fought to recover, he wondered suddenly what manner of foe they faced!

Up in the air, Adjutant broke off scanning the buildings to see what had happened and grinned. He knew what the Nazis faced, at least in part. Every fibre in his being told him they were holding back, that the powers they displayed were but a fraction of their true might! In doing so, they confirmed what Adjutant had suspected. A hero uses his power not for personal gain, or to dominate others, but only when needed! He wondered when these Vanguardians would need it though - they faced a powerful set of foes!

Recovering, Ultimus frowned, looking on his foe. "Intangible..." he muttered, and considered his options. An intangible foe simply spread their molecules over a wider area, though it was too small to see with the naked eye. Their form would be held together by their will, rather than natural laws. This man had proven his willpower was immense. Perhaps a different tack.

Ultimus vibrated his hand, faster and faster. Then he thrust it out when it turned invisible at the dark clad rebel!

OOC 19 total. Just hit.

Nowhere Man narrowed his eyes. The mental attack had taken him by surprise. Now what would the ... superspeed? What did he think that... Ah. Hyper Speed. Of a level and potency he'd not encountered before! The keen mind in Nowhere Mans head suddenly came up with a conclusion. What if the nazi were able to match his bodily frequency and ...

"ARRRRGGGH" cried Nowhere Man, clutching his chest. He fell back, flickering in and out of intangibility. The Nazi cried out as well, the costume around his hand totally disintegrated and his own hand pink, raw, as if plunged into burning lava! It throbbed and pulsed, the vibrations going up his arm and into his shoulder! Fighting the agony and stumbling back a step or two, Ultimus ground his teeth. "Worth a try." he said in English.

"Bet you won't... try that again..." gasped Nowhere Man, holding his chest.

"Maybe... perhaps on your head?" answered the Nazi, though it was clear he was in agony that would have killed a normal human!

Soarer vs Adjutant

Hearing Ultimus' orders, Soarer took to the sky like a rocket, straight up. In less time than it took for a heart to beat, she caught Adjutant and immediately started to circle him at high speed, moving so fast he couldn't even see her!

OOC Another 20. Ok, Even I'm starting to wonder about this die. I knew it was like this from years ago, seems it's lost nothing in these decades of lying dormant...

Adjutant yelled out, all his attentions focussed on staying aloft! Trying to avoid the nazis' blows he realised with a start she wasn't trying to hit him - the psionic emitter on her wrist was doing all the damage!

Dizzied, Adjutant started to fall after the nazi broke off, flying half a mile up with a crack of thunder and no more effort than one might use to walk across the street. She gazed down with enhanced sight to see Adjutant plummet like a rock towards the rooftop of one of the buildings, crash through it, and through the next two floors! With a grin she sighted him, targetted, and dived....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! KAAAAA-BOOOOOM!!!!

She smashed through the roof and into Adjutants' limp form, smashing him through the next four floors and crashing about in the next. People screamed and scattered, and Soarer looked about. One of the office workers, not quite knowing what was going on, looked at Adjutant, and jumped to the wrong conclusion. "She's killing Adjutant! Get her!" he yelled, and charged at her with a chair, even as papers fluttered and office workers scattered around him. Clearly this fool had not seen the news declaring Adjutant a traitor of the state!

She casually backhanded the man, spraying a wall forty feet away with a red mist, and turned to Adjutant who lay dazed on the floor, clutching his head. "Adjutant. Your adoring public find it hard to let go! They do not yet know you for the traitor you are! Before this day is done you shall be paraded before all, stripped of your status, and killed, as befits those who oppose the Third Reich! Heil Hitler!" she cried, and reached for the groaning former Nazi...

Bludgeon vs Putty and Frostbite

Bludgeon could see Devastator was homing in on the man who'd delivered such a wince inducing blow. Let him. He enjoyed the green giants' suffering. Perhaps he would be allowed the glory of ripping the freaks head from his shoulders after the rebels were disposed of! He saw Soarer attack Adjutant, and the fallen heroes shuddering impact into the building. He saw Ultimus attack the dark clad man. That was disturbing. Who were these Rebels? How was it they lasted more than a heartbeat against the cream of the Nazi empire? He shrugged off his doubts and moved forward at a speed that defied belief for such a big man. Though not a patch on Ultimus or Soarer, his super speed allowed him to keep pace with many of the Nazi speedsters. And when he caught them?

Suddenly standing in front of Putty, he smashed a hand down at the 'freakish' metahuman!

OOC ok, here goes. 12... and another 20. Bonkers. Right, I may start using a different die for the bad guys. In the meantime Putty takes 55htc and 51Htc +11 for the critical. Reduced by dividers that would be 18Htc and 17htc for the other blow. The +11 from the critical reduces dividers by 1, so works out at 5 Htc. Total 40Htc. He's not looking to knock Putty away, more keep him in the spot by hammering from above (seeing as he's so tall) so no extra damage from knockback. Just need a response to that. it would drop Putty to 20/60Htc.

Bludgeon laughs, more of a snarl really. He looks Putty up and down, and spits "Don't die yet, alien! I love beating up traitorous scum! If you deprive me of my fun THEN I'll become angry, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"

He looks up and sees Frostbite approaching. Narrowing his eyes he focuses... burning energy blasts out at Frostbite!

OOC I dread to think what's coming. Here goes. 19. At least it wasn't a 20 again. 25htk, 30Htc from a High power blast of 15 dice. Dividers are reduced by 3 each so Frostbite will take the lot unless he comes up with a response!

<<Impending attack from Class 4 metah...>> screamed the computer in Frostbites head! He didn't hear the rest of what the computer had to say as burning cosmic rays threatened to frazzle the skin from his body!

Devastator vs Stormwarden

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!" screamed the giant. It rammed a car size fist down at Stormwarden! For extra measure it piled another one down, and another!

OOC 19, 6 and 16. Two hits. Damage roll not great (thankfully) but this thing reduces Dividers by 1 with it's strange powers/aura. It's like standing in the vicinity of a nuclear reactor! Still, damage is 54Htc per blow. Reduced by dividers of 2 it's 27Htc per blow. Response?

Devastator howls in pain and fury. Whilst it had pounded Stormwarden, and missed with a blow that shattered the floor and sent rocks up into the air, a large piece of stone crashed down on it from the building above! He turned to smash his fists through the concrete walls and Tear a piece of steel reinforced concrete from the building next to it! Raising it high above even his own head, it casts a dark shadow over Stormwarden as the hero deals with the blows Devastator had delivered! Stormwarden sees a slim ray of hope though... where Devastator was holding the concrete, the gaps in his scaled green skin have widened enough to cause him to bleed! Steaming green lava like liquid drips down onto his chest, and rolls towards the floor, where it sizzle and hardens into green rock!

=========

OOC Ok, Phew. That was a post and a half. no idea what it will look like on screen, but here we go:

Frostbite, Putty and Stormwarden - responses?
Kitten has four frames
Everyone else has three frames
Adjutant is out of sight, having been pummelled through one of the buildings.
Ultimus got somewhat of a taste for his own medicine from Nowhere Man, though the dice played a large part in that.
Soarer is beating down on Adjutant in the building and is out of sight.
Lionheart is stood at the end of the alley with Shadow Vulture who has no powers (and 1 frame whilst Lionheart with Lunarium X arrowheads is stood near him)
Bludgeon is facing off against Putty and Frostbite
Devastator is smashing down on Stormwarden and has a truck size lump of steel reinforced concrete from the wall over Stormwardens' head.
The building on the right hand side of the map is VERY shaky now. The one on the left has a truck size hole in the roof and the next four floors.
Status/Htc/Energy sheets updated once I know responses.

From next round the bad guys will use another D20. My blue one is lethal. I could use Invisible Castle but the fight would go on for months with all the lousy rolls and missing.

Saying that, I'm sure that's looking like a pleasant prospect at the moment...

If I've missed anything, holler. You do have TWO advantages however, and I'll reveal them after you post next Smile Putty for one will be grateful .. .or should that be grail-ful.. .*cough* (best I could do with at the time...)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23 2010, 22:52

OOC Reminder of the critical house rule... Combat! If you roll 20, instead of rolling 1d10 you can choose to roll total – 18 extra damage, and reduce dividers by 1 of the victim. E.g. A roll of 29 is a critical (rolled 20, plus the 9 from bonus to the roll) to reduce DD by 1 and do an extra 11 damage.

Also, 1 is bad, 20 good. GM will cook up something appropriate if for something other than combat.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Sat Oct 23 2010, 23:10

Stormward
Admin wrote:
"YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!" screamed the giant. It rammed a car size fist down at Stormwarden! For extra measure it piled another one down, and another!

OOC 19, 6 and 16. Two hits. Damage roll not great (thankfully) but this thing reduces Dividers by 1 with it's strange powers/aura. It's like standing in the vicinity of a nuclear reactor! Still, damage is 54Htc per blow. Reduced by dividers of 2 it's 27Htc per blow. Response?

Devastator howls in pain and fury. Whilst it had pounded Stormwarden, and missed with a blow that shattered the floor and sent rocks up into the air, a large piece of stone crashed down on it from the building above! He turned to smash his fists through the concrete walls and Tear a piece of steel reinforced concrete from the building next to it! Raising it high above even his own head, it casts a dark shadow over Stormwarden as the hero deals with the blows Devastator had delivered! Stormwarden sees a slim ray of hope though... where Devastator was holding the concrete, the gaps in his scaled green skin have widened enough to cause him to bleed! Steaming green lava like liquid drips down onto his chest, and rolls towards the floor, where it sizzle and hardens into green rock!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: Stormwardens response? Autoparry with...Hammer!

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23 2010, 23:50

The Vanguard

Stormwarden

Stormwarden saw the massive fists coming down at him! They were huge, enough to cover his upper torso. What good his hammer in the way would do he had no idea, but seeing the effect it had already had made it worth a shot!

OOC Takes a frame for each, so that leaves Stormwarden with a frame remaining this round. Rolls are.. 19 and 19. Shocked So, parried then. Damage for the hammer isn't massive. I treat it as a hand hurled concussive with regards the damage it does, as the rules are a bit iffy on that. I think someone with a hammer in their hand will do more damage than with their fist, but what do I know *shrug*. Anyway, 2d6+3 htc and 1d6 htk (unless someone can point out where I specified otherwise for damage). The main effect of the Lunarium X weapons is to depower normal Nazi metahumans. Useful if the Vanguard get past this lot as an army is on the way. Anyway. I waffle. Rolls 5+3,4 and 9+3,4. +18 to each. 30 parried for the first, 34 for the second. Stormwarden reduces the first blow by 30 to 24htc, reduced to 12 after dividers, the second by 34 to 20, 10 after dividers. Total of 22htc putting him on 55/78 Htc

Devastator held the concrete in the air above Stormwarden. What the thing didn't notice were the wounds in its hands, and the dripping lava. It DID notice that it started to grow again. Skin split, there was a cracking sound, and the green giant dropped the concrete behind it as it shot to over thirty feet in height. This time however, it had broken the boundaries for its skin. All over the green giants body its plates parted by several inches in places, and leaked lava like green blood from near enough every crack!

With a horrifying scream Devastator staggered back, looking down on himself. Lava like blood oozed and pooled, hardening as it touched the floor! Every footstep the thing made meant it had to use its great strength to break its own bond with the smashed up floor around it, and it turn tore off more skin plates! With open wounds all over its body, the giant swayed... and fell into the building it had made a hole in!

Suddenly, there was a very loud rumbling sound. And screams could be heard now from the buildings on both sides!

Horrified, Stormwarden looked about. For the first time he saw upper storey windows and terrified workers opening them up, climbing onto ledges. Cracks appeared all over the walls and floor, rubble fell all about, dust rose... the building was about to go, and if this one went, would the other be far behind!

And the combatants were fighting between them!

OOC 1 frame left for Stormwarden. Devastator is down, not out, but hurting bad.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sun Oct 24 2010, 01:41

Kylie still didn't understand what her role in this matter was. Frostbite's explanation only confused her -- she found it hard to picture a world where the unstoppable Nazi forces could have lost. Now they were asking her to get involved in a fight against superhumans? Despite that Bloodhound had believed that she was superhuman too, she didn't think of herself that way. These people could fly, generate ice, or throw large pieces of concrete at each other. All she had going for her was a few years of martial-arts training. Even if they gave her a fancy costume too, she wasn't sure that was enough.

It wasn't until that one of the Nazis attacked Frostbite that she felt compelled to act. It was only fair. Frostbite had risked his life to save her from the werewolf. She had to repay him for his assistance by helping him with his attacker.

OOC: Frame 1 - Run up to Bludgeon. Frame 2 - Martial Arts Against Bludgeon. Remaining Frames saved for any defensive needs.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Oct 24 2010, 03:50

PUTTY

Putty is going to try to dodge the attack on him or block if Dodge won't work.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 24 2010, 13:31

Frostbite and Lionheart

OOC: I dread to think what's coming. Here goes. 19. At least it wasn't a 20 again. 25htk, 30Htc fromO a High power blast of 15 dice. Dividers are reduced by 3 each so Frostbite will take the lot unless he comes up with a response!

OOC: Wow so much activity since yesterday, sorry to be catching up so slowly ;-/

IC:

Frostbite sought to parry the super fast attack even as the air crackled around him with super charged energy. Seeking with all his might, he let his energy pour out of his body.

Meanwhile Lionheart paused next to Shadow Vulture. "Here, with me gone form you you'll recover your powers, use these as you see fit. But the buildings already look like a lost cause." Almost then talking to himself he mused, "How will we get those people out?" Then with a shrug he sped back to the battle seeking to give Stormwarden a hand with the massive behemoth Devastator.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 24 2010, 19:44

Kitten

Kylie sped over to Bludgeon. The big man never missed a trick, thanks to his superhuman senses which rivalled Kylies' own. "You're out of your depth little girl!" he snarled. "Though I will enjoy teaching you the error of your ways!". Despite that Kylie didn't wear a uniform like the others, it was clear from her incredible speed she was far from normal, and hardly out of her depth.

Well, against normal opponents. These were hardly normal...

OOC Roll of 10, plus 12=hit. Damage of 12 points, reduced to 2 from dividers...

Whack!

Bludgeon glanced down, then at his leg where Kylie had a struck a blow solid enough to flatten a normal foe! He'd barely budged.

"That it?" he laughed.

OOC Kylie can attack again this round twice more - there will be no incoming attacks as the bad guys have acted. Roll of 3 (miss) and 18 (hit) with another 12 damage. Total inflicted 4htc and 2 htk. At that rate Bludgeon will have healed faster than Kylie takes to knock him out... Perhaps time for plan 'B'

Missing with her next blow, striking with her third Kylie pulled her hand away. It was, quite literally, like hitting a steel wall! With a throbbing hand she backed off a step or tow. The man was like a truck compared to her, massive, wide, awesome to behold. She really WAS out of her depth...

'Nonsense. Call on your dark power. Show this simpleton what it means to fight against a Vanguardian!' said the inner voice. She had no idea what it all meant, but knew if she stayed around long enough she'd be pulverised! That said, her incredible speed and agility could well help in the fight she figured, by running interference, taunting the foe, dodging their blows and wasting their attacks...

OOC all actions completed for Kitten
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 24 2010, 19:54

Putty

Desperate, Putty tries to block the first blow...

OOC Parrying is your best bet with your great strength. Dodging is too hit n miss with a +2 mod. You'd need to roll a 5 or 6 and even then, his WC of 2 means you'd need 2 frames to fully dodge unless you get a glancing blow on a 3 or 4. The parry needs only a 9 ...and does so. He blocks 24 points. 31 get through, reduced by dividers of 3 means 10 Htc. Another solid parry and 27 points are blocked, leaving 24 to get through reduced to 8htc. The extra 11 from the critical equates to 5htc. Putty has 1 frame left. He has taken 23Htc from three blows that splinter the pavement around him. He's never been hit as hard, but still up.

Putty staggers from the blows but his strength and pliable form means he's able to soak up much of the punishment. But for how much longer?

OOC 1 frame left...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 24 2010, 20:09

Frostbite

OOC I assume Frostbite is using his own energy blast to parry the incoming blast? Only needs a roll of 6. 10 dice is it? I assume so. 29 points. Not great, and certainly below average. The Htk is reduced first, so he takes a total of 26Htc from the blast, and no Htk. Frostbite is on 23Htc.

Frostbite cries out. The pain is immense! He tries to ignore the readouts in his field of vision showing flashing red areas all over his body, as well as the computers insistent warnings of danger to his health!

Once the energy subsides, he finds himself still in one piece. All his limbs are there but if he'd not parried... He knew he couldn't take many more like that!

OOC 1 fr left for Frosty

Lionheart

Lionheart speeds back over to where Devastator was. The Green giant was in a bad way! Pulling a couple of Lunarium X arrow heads out he slips them between his fingers and clenches his fists. With the sharp points jutting, he knew he'd have to be careful, but this creature had proven that it didn't matter how hard you hit it - all you had to do was hit it and let the Lunarium do the rest! With a grin to Stormwarden he hammered a Lunarium X equipped blow at the fallen giant...

OOC He moves over (1 fr) gets the arrowheads into place (1fr) and attacks 18 (hit)

The Green Giant screamed... and grew again!

This time, it tipped his bleeding body over the edge! With a cry he sagged back, his body literally breaking down into an oozing green field of sizzling lava with plates drifting along! The Vanguardians stepped back a pace or two, and the green stuff clung, burning, to whatever it touched!

Devastator was no more! Or if he was, he certainly didn't resemble anything looking like a threat!

OOC Stormwarden, Putty and Frostbite have a frame left, then initiative...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Oct 24 2010, 20:18

PUTTY

Putty staggers from the blows but his strength and pliable form means he's able to soak up much of the punishment. But for how much longer?

OOC 1 frame left....

Use final frame to punch back at Bludgeon.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 24 2010, 20:33

Frostbite

Frostbite went for a quick blast, if he couldn't keep this giant on the offensive, he'd soon be pummelled into the ground.

OOC: Ok use quick blast and give him a big load, no time to muck around. Since you are rolling the dice tonight Paul, lets got for 6 points. I'm on a different computer so I can't check my stats and stuff from here, so the finer details I need to leave to you.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 25 2010, 03:46

Putty

Defiant, Putty hurls a watermelon size fist right back at Bludgeon...

OOC Ouch 2. Miss. Well, it was short and sweet anyway, no to and fro between websites posting stuff.

Bludgeon steps aside as Puttys fist goes screaming past. "If that is the best you can do P'utinarian, you are about to become as extinct as the rest of your race!"

'Are you letting him get away with comments like that?' asked the inner voice. 'Call on the Dark Power! Show him what happens to arrogant Nazis!'

OOC Puttys actions completed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 25 2010, 03:56

Frostbite

OOC I assume it's quick blast from your energy attack? That'll be on 5 dice and you're on 0/15 after round one for energy attack. Hit (13) 17Htc 10Htk. Reduced to 8Htc 5Htk after dividers.

Frostbite blasted Bludgeon who shrugged the blast off for the most part.

He came to the conclusion... They were in trouble!

They faced a group of opponents significantly more powerful than them, though there were some good points. Adjutant was in turn more powerful than they were - if he could be restored to his full might! Also Putty and the newcomer could call on their Dark Powers and not be afraid of being sucked away in the time stream... Question was - would either of them listen to the inner voice for long enough to go with it before the team was battered into the floor?

OOC Frostbite is on 0/15 on round 1 of 5. Field Manip is on 15/15. Actions completed.

Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man turned intangible again, then flew up into the air. This wasn't going well. He needed to equalise things somehow. He turned, looking at Frostbite, then the others. Just then another shard of the building came down, crashing to the floor!

"Frostbite! We need to take this upstairs! And we also need to ask these Nazis the time!" he exclaimed tapping on his wrist.

Frostbite barely had time to glance over. Time? What? <<The Nowhere Man refers to the devices on the Nazis wrists...>> explained the computer...

OOC Nowhere Man actions completed. Stormwarden remaining, 1 frame.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next