The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC About the game

2 posters

Go down

OOC About the game Empty OOC About the game

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 14 2022, 23:15

OOC For Bouncing boy guy how about REBOUND?

I'll find some time over the next day or so to churn out some characters. What sort of costs are we looking at? 750HP ish and no more than say, 50HP in wekanesses? More? Less? Or just stat them up and no worries about costs? The guy with skills will be by far the most expensive to stat up. Back in the day (this was with 1st edition so you can imagine how long ago it was) I statted up a Legion of Super Heroes knockoff team, dozens of them. One of them - 'Ultimate Man' - had max human stats and skills and had to be loaded with weaknesses and disadvantages to get anything like.

For everyone else it's pretty easy to knock down costs. Gotta love the ol' power burnout! Very Happy

All the NPC have the same power build rules as the PCs, so 500 base and up to 300 in disads. Right now, I don't think we need to stat them all out. The only one who needs statted is the one NPC hero who will be on your fire team. I'm letting you guys pick the one you want. I figure you will pick one who might have a skill or power you think would help balance out the team.

Rebound is a good name. I was thinking of using Writeups.Org's version of Bouncing Boy, a bit modified, for him. Have to cost it out to make sure. Here it is below after taking out the Legion related stuff:

Bouncing Boy
Dex: 08 Str: 03 Bod: 05 Motivation: Upholding the Good
Int: 06 Wil: 05 Min: 05 Occupation:
Inf: 04 Aur: 06 Spi: 05 Resources {or Wealth}: 04
Init: 020 HP: 060

Powers:
Acrobatics (Dodging): 10, Electrical Immunity: 04, Jumping: 07, Skin Armor: 06

Bonuses and Limitations:

Acrobatics (Dodging) is a Powered Skill (-1 FC).
Electrical Immunity is only when bouncing through the air and not grounded – as such it can be bypassed with a +2 CS Trick Shot (-1 FC).
All powers (including Acrobatics/Dodging) are Derived from Jumping (-1 FC each).

Skills:
Charisma (Persuasion): 05, Martial Artist: 05, Military Science: 05, Vehicles: 04, Weaponry: 05

Advantages:
Expertise (combat and powers training)

Connections:

Drawbacks:
Miscellaneous: Bouncing Boy has a very distinctive appearance in his powered form, looking like a human-sized beach ball or balloon, with a tiny round head, arms, and vestigial feet attached. This causes him no penalties in combat or character interaction, but makes it clear that he’s unusual, and for those familiar with him, they’ll know who he is and that he’s using his powers.

Throw in some other disads like: American Patriot, hatred of a particular group, Secret ID and a few others to get the points needed. Not sure i9f there is a special combat attack that makes best use of his power set, but if there is then some kind of expertise in that one or two attacks would be good too.

And Americommando may be a problem, yeah. I was leery bringing him in as a teammate because I figured he is the most costly. Even if we linked his skills, he is costly. But then again, he may not be. Since I limited your main power/skills to the 8-10 range, I've forgotten how you add in things like Dex and Str to things like Martial Arts for combat They shouldn't go over 10 for attack and defense for this first adventure. So if you add them together and he has a 6 Strength, then he would only have a max of a 4 Martial Arts, same for Dex.

Almost brought in the Crimson Scorpion instead of the Owl because I really like the costume but he seemed a bit too much on the toes of both your characters:

Super Name
Scarlet Scorpion
Real Name
Mike McCluskey
Aliases
Mike J. McCluskey
Publisher
AC Comics
Creators
None
Character Type
Human
First Appearance
Paragon Illustrated #3
Appears in
61 issues
Birthday
n/a
Died
None
Powers
Agility
Healing
Stamina
Super Hearing
Super Sight
Super Smell
Super Strength
Unarmed Combat

Got this from Comics Vine. Might use it for a villain though.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

OOC About the game Empty Re: OOC About the game

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun May 28 2023, 11:30

Brain Burn out. Hard to type anything. This is the Memorial Day weekend for us so I hope to have this moving along later today or tomorrow.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  andyman Sun Jul 30 2023, 23:59

DavidMcMahon wrote:Brain Burn out.  Hard to type anything.  This is the Memorial Day weekend for us so I hope to have this moving along later today or tomorrow.

Is your brain unburned yet? No update since mid-May.
andyman
andyman
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 31 2023, 02:47

Sorry, just got to sit down and work at it for an hour or so. Got a big scene to set up and then really get going on the game.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

andyman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down