The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superhero game

4 posters

Go down

Superhero game Empty Superhero game

Post  smaug Sun Feb 16 2014, 18:06

Hi all. Could I shamelessly plug a project I'm premoting, wouldn't do it if I didnt like the game before being asked. Its called pulp city and its currently on the kickstarter site and there is a bonus mini until 12 tonight......a gorilla with a minigun Smile
Even if you dont pledge could you share it on Facebook. Check it out and thank you guys

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Superhero game Empty Re: Superhero game

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Feb 17 2014, 12:22

got a link?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Feb 17 2014, 15:30

DavidMcMahon wrote:got a link?

This is the site he is referring to David

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/472543693/pulp-city-supreme-edition?ref=live

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Feb 17 2014, 19:48

Thanks Dave. Smile

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 18 2014, 23:22

I like the idea of it - supers in a miniature game... but the dream and the reality are a bit different for me :S

Painting the figures would be along the lines of 'dip into a tin of paint, leave to dry'

The game itself would go unplayed unfortunately. The last time I played RPGs face to face was around 20 years ago. I played Bloodbowl last some 8-9 years ago, and therein lies the problem when you have a game like this that needs playing face to face Sad

Dunno whether it achieved the goal of getting the miniature that you were after Ross but would love to see the results of painting the figures and layout on a board to see what I'm missing, assuming you can paint better than I can (not hard, handing brushes and pots of paint to a set of chimps would achieve better results than I).

Kickstarter projects tend to promise much, and deliver most of the time... but there's that thing - time. Might be a while before you see this stuff...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Feb 19 2014, 22:02

Talking of chimps.......
Superhero game 20140211

This is one of my favourites that I've painted. Terrible camera work I know. I've got about 30 or so miniatures from the beta they released a couple of years ago.
Its an easy game to master and its the most 'comic' and 'superhero-y' that I've personally played as anything on the board from telephone boxes, street lights, cars and even porter looes can be used as weapons. Also if you are using a brawler and someone is attacking you from a roof you can always smash the building down (if its strong enough) so you can reach him

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down