The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat About the Games Part Two

3 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Chat About the Games Part Two - Page 9 Empty Re: Chat About the Games Part Two

Post  Admin Sat Sep 30 2023, 20:35

Updates tomorrow just heading for the sack as up tomorrow for work at 2am. Been a long one and today/yesterday had my son so been on entertainment duties!

Cheers, Paul

Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 02 2023, 09:03

Admin wrote:Updates tomorrow just heading for the sack as up tomorrow for work at 2am. Been a long one and today/yesterday had my son so been on entertainment duties!

Cheers, Paul

No worries mate, although glad to know you are still there ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 08 2023, 18:07

Been up to my eyes all week. Found time to update and .... off to hospital. Sky high blood pressure (198/108) means GP packed me straight off to A&E. No ambulance, I'd be waiting for hours in the freezing cold till one rocked up. Anyway, just to let you know I'm still here and alive. All being well...

Cheers, Paul (Updates over weekend hopefully).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Dec 09 2023, 14:53

Admin wrote:Been up to my eyes all week. Found time to update and .... off to hospital. Sky high blood pressure (198/108) means GP packed me straight off to A&E. No ambulance, I'd be waiting for hours in the freezing cold till one rocked up. Anyway, just to let you know I'm still here and alive. All being well...

Cheers, Paul (Updates over weekend hopefully).

Oh Paul so sorry to hear that you've been in such a predicament. However, I am not entirely surprised with the demands of work and home, I hope that they get things under control. Blood pressure is a silent killer because people often don't know how bad it is until its critical. I have friends who are on the medication and they get on with life fine, so I have hopes you will to my friend.

Time to look after yourself a bit better, me thinks.

Let us know what transpires, the game can wait for now. You are more important.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Dec 10 2023, 15:10

With the hours you work, you need to take care of yourself. High blood pressure is no joke. Take care.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 10 2023, 22:23

Hi guys, quick update before I hit the sack (am shattered). Spent Friday evening/most of Saturday in hospital where most of the time was spent sitting about. Upshot is that heart/ecg/blood ok, BP obviously too high but down to about 170/109 now which is less likely (I hope) to result in anything nasty happening. I'm signed off sick from work (high BP is a no-no when train driving) so all being well my updates will be more frequent aside from trips to the Doctor and hospital.

Don't know what's causing it - I'm full of man flu and have a torn achilles so limping about but they wouldn't normally account for such high BP I wouldn't have thought. The cold/flu possibly raise it some but to go that high would require me to stay off work every time I get a cold. Must be something else. Already had the lecture of diet/lifestyle etc but weight is ok (given I'm 6'4) and apart from the occasional binge drink don't booze regularly and try to stay off salty stuff.

All being well I'll get in the Docs and see what happens next but that's just as likely to raise my blood pressure. getting to see a Gp is nigh on impossible these days...

Anyway, watch for updates in the coming days and I'll keep you updated.

Cheers, Paul

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 11 2023, 09:09

Admin wrote:Hi guys, quick update before I hit the sack (am shattered). Spent Friday evening/most of Saturday in hospital where most of the time was spent sitting about. Upshot is that heart/ecg/blood ok, BP obviously too high but down to about 170/109 now which is less likely (I hope) to result in anything nasty happening. I'm signed off sick from work (high BP is a no-no when train driving) so all being well my updates will be more frequent aside from trips to the Doctor and hospital.

Don't know what's causing it - I'm full of man flu and have a torn achilles so limping about but they wouldn't normally account for such high BP I wouldn't have thought. The cold/flu possibly raise it some but to go that high would require me to stay off work every time I get a cold. Must be something else. Already had the lecture of diet/lifestyle etc but weight is ok (given I'm 6'4) and apart from the occasional binge drink don't booze regularly and try to stay off salty stuff.

All being well I'll get in the Docs and see what happens next but that's just as likely to raise my blood pressure. getting to see a Gp is nigh on impossible these days...

Anyway, watch for updates in the coming days and I'll keep you updated.

Cheers, Paul

Wow mate, good that they picked up on this when they did. Now its a question of how to get it under control. I appreciate that at a time like this being ill, isn't a lot of fun. But it might be the break you needed whether you knew it or not. Hopefully this won't be stress inducing, and the rest will further help you.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Chat About the Games Part Two - Page 9 Empty Happy Christmas to all

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Dec 23 2023, 14:05

Hi guys

I know its been quiet around here, but I trust all of you are well. Looking forward to picking up where we left off in the New Year, but meantime I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, with family and loved ones.

I'm going to be busy these next two days, two more services to do and then I am done for the week. Phew. I love this time, for the right reasons rather than the crass stuff that gets heaped in front of it all. So looking forward to that and getting and giving a few nice things as well.

Anyway, kind regards to you all and Happy Christmas.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 24 2023, 00:12

I've been absolutely up to my eyeballs with various things (as I'm sure you guys are). Just want to wish you all a happy and peaceful xmas and new year.

For my part I'm on tablets, watching what I eat and limping around as I have a tear in my achilles along with the blood pressure sky high. it is what it is, but still trying to get done what I need to with the shopping and seeing kids/friends, family etc. Apologies for being absent, feels like I've not had a lot of time to sit down at the computer for ages.

All being well I'll get chance next week. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I hope you all stay happy and safe over the festive period and that the new year brings all the best for you all.

Cheers, Paul

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Dec 25 2023, 03:34

Take care all! Happy Holidays! My big thing is Jan 2nd, I get to do both an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Joy! Start fasting the day after Christmas to get ready for it.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Dec 31 2023, 16:56

DavidMcMahon wrote:Take care all!  Happy Holidays!  My big thing is Jan 2nd, I get to do both an endoscopy and colonoscopy.  Joy!  Start fasting the day after Christmas to get ready for it.

Hope all goes well for the scopes, I've had both before not pleasant but it did go well. I, likewise, hope it does for you also Dave. And Trust you've had a good break, and Paul you are recovering. Happy New Year to you both, here's to fun and adventure as it unfolds old plots resolve and new ones unfold.

Happy New Year

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 01 2024, 09:11

Happy New Year to all!

As with you guys I've been up to my eyes in it. Aside from family visits and rushing around (mostly time spent driving about) I've had a Doctor and hospital visit since Xmas Eve so it's not been a barrel of laughs. Blood Pressure still through the roof and getting a scan for the ankle reveals something is going on.

Anyway, hoping 2024 runs smoother and all being well I can check in later today to get things moving again.

Barring any unforeseen disasters Shocked

Cheers, Paul

Admin
Admin

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9