The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NPC Normals

Go down

NPC Normals Empty NPC Normals

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Aug 11 2020, 15:09

Moving this to Background instead of keeping in Character section.

NPCs normals

NPC Normals Empty  DavidMcMahon on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:05 pm
"You've done a good job here tonight hero. I'm Detective Tony Harris, Special Crimes Unit of the Met. Here." he offered a card. "If you get any more busts like this one, make sure you call me to smooth it out with the powers that be. Sometimes they don't take kindly to capes. I can help." he looked about again and pulled a pair of handcuffs. "Going to need a few more pairs." He lights up a cigarette, takes a drag and gives a grin. "Thanks."

NPC Normals Empty Re: NPCs normals

NPC Normals Empty  DavidMcMahon Today at 10:53 am
"...breaking news, the superhuman incarceration facility near Trefeglwys in Wales has been attacked and severely compromised. There has been no official word from the government other than to say there is an 'ongoing situation' and that local residents must stay in their homes at all costs. Police and Army are on the scene

Once of the police officers, in full riot gear, steps forward and lowers his machine gun

"I'm Sergeant Crowe. Whoever you are..." he looked at the slumped criminals. "Thank you! We'll sort the paperwork out later. There was a ... HUGE guy smashed his way through the walls and into the main body of the prison." he pointed to said hole, smashed concrete falling about
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

NPC Normals Empty Re: NPC Normals

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 12 2020, 14:29

NPC Normals Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #5

NPC Normals Empty  Admin on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 pm
"Th.. Thank you!" said the VIP, a suited man who looked like he belonged on the stock exchange rather than a battlefield!

Haunt noticed for the first time a chain on his wrist leading to a metal case. "I am Prince Conrad of Danovia" he said, glancing over Haunts shoulder at the armoured men.

"Sir! We should go, he could be one of..." said one of the royal protection officers.

Considering he was a foreigner, Prince Conrad spoke immaculate Eton english. "Quiet, Jones. This man saved me." He turned to Haunt "I have.. sensitive information pertaining to this countries defence and well being. I need to get to Buckingham Palace!"

Just then screams were heard down the street. Haunt looked up, and saw people running between the cars and and bolting for cover! What on earth was happening now?

He turned to the armoured men. He could question them and find out more about what was going on, but right now there was...

Haunt narrowed his eyes. A quarter of a mile distant, with traffic scattered about and people running screaming there was ... something that looked like a 15-20' high green slime! It sizzled and burned everything it touched with a corrosive touch!

Prince Conrad paled "They really want what I have..." he turned to his bodyguards. "We need to get to the palace, and have them turned out the Coldstream Guards!"

He paused, then continued "Not the ones in funny hats, the real guard. Superhuman soldiers, enhanced and empowered to protect the royals. They can contain the threat of super villainous attacks until the Army turns up!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 12 2020, 15:19

Watching them go, the Priest spluttered "You are no angel sir! Such blasphemy! I will call the Police at once unless you leave immediately! What... what are... what were you doing back..."

Then his eyes alighted on Prince Conrad, who stood in the shadow of the belltower doorway. The Priests demeanour changed immediately! "Quia manifestaturus es ad me , ut formam recto iudicio domini!"*

The Prince glanced about, then muttered "The sons of Mordred come to reclaim their masters blade. This man..." he glanced at Haunt "...is a hero, a valued ally, and the only reason that I have not been slaughtered, and the blade lost to darkness. They gather..."

The Priest glanced about at the stained glass windows, and Haunt noticed for the first time that amongst the coloured glass pictures of saints and goodly deeds were pictures of creatures with batlike wings. The glass had been clear at first glance, but had darkened as the evil gathered overhead!

Looking Haunt up and down, he offered "My apologies, sir. I am Father Michael Daniels, priest and... defender of the fragment which Prince Conrad refers to." He bowed his head to the Prince, and Haunt noticed the Priests bearing was changed entirely. No longer the frightened clergyman, he stood taller, broader, and moved with purpose. Going over to the large wooden cross on the wall, he twisted the base and with a click, a blade slid free, shining silver and glowing slightly. He glanced upon it. "I have trained all my life for a time such as this, as did my father and his father. Only I have had the need to draw this blade." he turned. "I'm ready to use it."

Conrad spoke up "The tombs?"

"You will need a large hammer, sledgehammer or the like. Or... " he glanced at Haunt. "Perhaps you have another way into the tomb."

*reveal yourself to me that our lords judgement might guide me as to the right course - according to an online translator.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 12 2020, 15:50

He wondered if Martha's university age daughters were here. Both were pretty, smart and... and he didn't have time for that sort of thing, he thought with a sigh. - Dr. Praetorius's Housekeeper.  Daughters not yet named.

Doctor Praetorius - Rush King/Haunt's Inventor Buddy, made the Haunt's costume.

NPC Normals Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #5

NPC Normals Empty  Admin on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:09 pm
OOC Doctor P is a bachelor. His science is his true love, but it may not have been that way all his life.

In fact... Roll(2d10)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:15

Rush King recalls his friend drunkenly relating a tale about a girl in University whose keen mind called out to Doctor P's and the blossoming of true love was cut short when her father recalled her to his family business... Roberta... No. Rochelle. That was her name. Rochelle Timpson.

Rush King considered what he knew. A long lost.. love? Old friend? Someone dear to Doctor Praetorious from his past at any rate...

...had been kidnapped, possibly. He'd been blackmailed into building something, now had been told to deliver that something before Rochelle Timpson - if it was her - was harmed.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 12 2020, 16:07

Haunt waited till they'd walked past him before peeling away from the walls and assuming the form of Oliver Burton, famed party animal and film star, albeit someone fallen from his heyday thanks to his excesses. He was still front page news of gossip rags even if the daily rags had relegated him to page 5 or later. Oh to be that famous!

Think this is the second time the Haunt disguised himself as Oliver Burton
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 14 2020, 20:52

Edward D'Vere. Former minister for paranormal affairs. In charge of the 'Executive project'. His future self had said he needed to find him, that he might be able to lead him to a man named John Gibbs who used to go by the name of Steeplejack. Haunt wasn't a hero back then. Not in this reality a voice echoed in his head. Of course, it was easy to forget that a part of him wasn't from this timeline or reality at all. He'd merged with a man named Rush King and mostly been submerged.

The Executive were active in the early 2000s, in a time when the public were extremely wary of superheroes after a number of high profile 'tussles' that had seen extensive property damage and some loss of life. Rather than outlaw a resource they could harness and control the Government acted by forming a state sanctioned superhero team.

British Bulldog, Iron Lady, Vindex, Ben Nevis, Wandafar, Steeplejack, Billy Whizz, Jack Pelham, Professor Thoth and Retribution.*

Ben Nevis... didn't he die? Yes. The memories were vague but there were ... complications. A battle against a villainous group calling itself the Deadly Dozen. Fleet Street more or less flattened. Iron Lady crippled, her powered suit more or less destroyed. Battered heroes, civilian casualties, police and army personnel scattered like ninepins. Ben had died holding up a building whilst people were evacuated. The Dozen had attacked him as had done so, and he'd fallen under an impossible mass of dust, stone and steel. Bulldog had gone berserk... the press had a field day. Parliament in an uproar. The public distraught. A legacy shattered, a nation in mourning.

The detective in Haunt relished the challenge, but was also aware of the weight on his shoulders. Save not just the world, but Earths history and reality?

Rush King hauled himself from bed and towards the bathroom. He would strike the first blow for the human race today. Later? The Haunt would ride out...

HAUNT HP 84

*In this reality LIONHEART did not form part of the Executive
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down