The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto...

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto...

Post  Admin Thu Sep 15 2016, 18:34

The scientists were shocked into immobility immediately, the technicians a moment later.

The Cyborgs did the opposite, immediately clomping forwards on heavy feet even as the guns mounted on their backs tipped forwards and started to spin!

Frostbite noticed that the conventional guards were hesitant to lift their weapons and act - indeed one stepped into the path of a cyborg and started to speak to it, only to be brushed aside, which prompted the other soldiers to bring weapons to bear on the cyborgs!

Those monstrosities ignored them and moved to firing positions at Frostbite.

OOC meaning you get a 'free shot' if you care to, then initiative. Bear in mind that missed shots will probably result in casualties among the others in this room, but it *looks* like the conventional crew - scientists, technicians and security staff - are all aware of the importance of the next few moments, whilst the Cyborgs don't care, reacting only to orders.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 15 2016, 22:30

Admin wrote:OOC meaning you get a 'free shot' if you care to, then initiative. Bear in mind that missed shots will probably result in casualties among the others in this room, but it *looks* like the conventional crew - scientists, technicians and security staff - are all aware of the importance of the next few moments, whilst the Cyborgs don't care, reacting only to orders.

OOC: Better make sure I go for target assist then. So I will go for accuracy over power and hope I don't miss. Once I hit some of these guys, I'll tell the men standing by to aim for those parts that are frosted, in the hopes that they can shatter, or otherwise damage the parts that I freeze.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 04 2016, 11:48

OOC As I read it you are going for a single Cyborg then? In Frostbites experience he should be able to hit these lumbering monstrosities easily, but getting through their plasti-steel reinforced hides might be trickier. With that in mind...

Adrenaline Surge 15 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 3,9,+0 Total: 27 vs TN11 + Energy Blast 14 (25) Success. +2 EV. 17 vs 14=+1 (maximum he can boost energy blast to)

Energy Blast 15 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:10 (25) vs TN11 + Crit Blow 4 + Dex 6 (21). Hit, +3 Effect
Energy Blast 15 + 3 (18) vs RV 10 - 6 (Crit Blow)= 14 Damage

Frostbite levels both arms and goes for accuracy, then notes how slow these things move in comparison to him.

Frostbot comes up with a theory 'These things have closed systems HOWEVER I suspect they are no longer living in the literal sense, but have somehow been reanimated to create a loathsome amalgam of living and bio mechanical systems!' he offers.

The undead Cyborgs advanced...To an ordinary person they'd be fast, inhumanly so, but to an old hand like the superhero that Frostbite was? Pfft! AND he didn't need to hold back! A look at their lifeless remaining 'human' eye revealed that Frostbot was right!

FWAM! His Ice beam strikes the Cyborg in the chest then punches out in EVERY direction, splaying circuitry and what look to be artificial organs in a mess all over the floor!

"That's not blood! They aren't alive!" exclaimed one of the Technicians. "No wonder they don't care about us!"

"Our orders..." spluttered another.

"What? It isn't enough that they birth you and give you a random algorithm to give you a unique personality, now you want to die for them as well?" the Technician looked up. "Stranger! Help us!" he cried!

The Cyborgs marched towards Frostbite, then one paused, levelled and arm and reached for the rogue Technicians' head!

OOC Frostbite wins initiative. His new buddy is about to get squished, however! The technicians and soldiers are now more than ever confused and frightened. Their internal programming, implanted when they were 'born' from birthing tubes, prevents them from attacking the Cyborgs in self defence, but the Cyborgs have no such qualms! You have FOUR Cyborgs heading for Frostbite and ONE Cyborg looking to squish Technician AFG75431SA2's head!

Over to you, and sorry for the delay - you know what I have to juggle by now...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 04 2016, 12:51

Admin wrote:OOC Frostbite wins initiative. His new buddy is about to get squished, however! The technicians and soldiers are now more than ever confused and frightened. Their internal programming, implanted when they were 'born' from birthing tubes, prevents them from attacking the Cyborgs in self defence, but the Cyborgs have no such qualms! You have FOUR Cyborgs heading for Frostbite and ONE Cyborg looking to squish Technician AFG75431SA2's head!

Over to you, and sorry for the delay - you know what I have to juggle by now...

OOC:No worries good to have you back. Hope the holiday proved helpful in terms of getting a much needed break and recharge.

Frostbite thought nothing of his own safety, and didn't need to have qualms about holding back. But if he was to start something and see it through he needed to prove to these guys he could be trusted. Although if they were 'programmed' he wondered how much their nature prevented them from doing anything to those whom stood over them. Still time to worry about that later. He charged in, firmly but with some care pushing aside the technicians as he then thrust both hands onto the chest of the creature before him. A monstrosity of parts cobbled together with nothing but a cold callous intention of turning them into the ultimate servants.

And then he blasted...

OOC: Ok so energy blast at point blank range. All the while I am aware that we've got 'mother' bearing down on us and goodness knows what on the ship aiming to capture me. I suspect my usefulness will mean they won't just blow up an errant ship, however its not a theory that I want to put to the test. I need to think what my next options are going to be after I sort out Herbie and the Hebots ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 04 2016, 14:11

The Cyborgs tracked Frostbites' flight over their heads towards the Cyborg about to squish his newest ally!

It barely registered an interest in the hero even as Frostbite rammed a hand at its chest and blasted!

OOC Same again, all as before:

Adrenaline Surge 15 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,1,+0 Total:24 vs TN11 + Energy Blast 14 (25) No extra boost.

Energy Blast 14 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:27 vs TN11 + Crit Blow 4 + Dex 6 (21). Hit +3 Effect

Energy Blast 14 +3 vs RV10 - 6 (crit blow) = 13 Damage. Kaboom.

Almost casually, Frostbite despatches the Cyborg in dramatic fashion, blasting its artificial organs out the back as icicles jut from the wound! Even as it falls the other four Cyborgs close in and attack Frostbite!

OOC Team Attack by 4 of them. One of them reaches to grab Frostys leg, another to punch him in the head and the other two blast what seem to be Sonic type blasts at him!

Dex 6 vs Frostbites Dex 9 less 4 (team Attack)

Attack one grab Roll(2d10)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,1,+0 Total: 31 vs Dex 5 + TN11 (16). +5 Effect
8 Str + 5 (13) vs RV11 = 2 Damage. FROSTBITE BODY 9/11

Frostbite cries out in pain as a mechanical like hand clamps onto his leg! What the...?

Then the others get stuck in!

OOC Dex 6 vs Frostbites Dex 9 less 4 (team Attack)

Punch - Roll(2d10)+0: 7,8,+0 Total:15. Hit +3 Effect

8 Str + 3 (11) vs RV11 = no damage

Sonic Beam 9...

Roll(2d10)+0: 4,6,+0 Total:10 HIT +3 Effect. FROSTBITE takes 1 damage and is on BODY 8/11

Roll(2d10)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:9 HIT +2 Effect NO DAMAGE

Blasted, battered and grabbed, Frostbite reconsiders the threat even as he grunts in pain as the white sound emitters rattle his teeth! He has one trying to lift his leg off the floor, another set his head ringing with a punch and the other two thrust white sound emitters on their finger ends into his chest, even as he'd done moments ago!

Even so, they'd given their best, he'd taken it...now it was his turn!

OOC Frosty wins initiative. Attack one or more this time round?

FROSTBITE CURRENT BODY 8/11

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 04 2016, 21:34

OOC:Ok want to go for area attack, don't know if I've any HP, seem to have run out of that a long time ago not even sure if we are still using it. Anyway, going to try and blast around me. I could do weather control and moving ice or dispersal but nothing would give me what I need which is taking these guys out. So I'll blast first and then try and move second, to a more advantageous position even higher ground if I can get the one grabbing me off.

Frostbite was ready to improvise, having drawn the attention of the Cybernetic men to himself, it was time to see if he couldn't hurt them all as they were so closely packed together. He had to admit he'd never tried something like this before, but necessity is the mother of invention. 'Here's nothing' he thought and hoped it was true in reality.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 07 2016, 22:36

OOC Been having bother with home internet tonight but *fingers crossed* I can get through the post without it dropping - again. Reset the darned thing, and the homeplugs, more times than I can count now. Only thing with leaving in somewhere reasonably rural is that the internet choice is BT or nothing and it's naff to be honest. The speed I have here is about what I had nearly 15 years ago with Virgin Media Sad

Right then, I keep track of the Hero Points in the posts these days as keeping track of them across multiple computers (I use any one of three laptops, 3 tablets and a desktop to post from...) was getting confusing and the last count I see is 13HP from page three of this issue. I'll assume you spend 6 and that leaves:

Frostbite HP 7

You have 3 dice to attack with now with your energy blast. First things first, try to boost it to 15...

Adrenaline surge 15 +... Roll(2d10)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:24 vs TN11 + Energy Blast 14 (25) Failed.

So Energy Blast 14 plus Roll(3d10)+0: 7,4,8+0 Total:29 vs Dex 6 plus multi attack modifier +4 + TN11 (21). Hit. +4 Effect.

18EV vs RV10 + 4 (multi attack) = 4 damage apiece

All four Cyborgs on 6/10 Body

Frostbite blasted... and injured the Cyborgs, but not enough to shake them off!

The one hanging onto him seemed content to grapple, but something was happening with it...

'It appears to be building up an electrostatic charge inside it' stated Frostbot. 'I can attempt to interface with it seeing as your are in direct physical contact with it, if you wish.'

The other three were content to let rip with Sonic Blasts!

OOC Team attack!

Sonic Beam 9 vs Dex 9 - 4 (team attack) = 5

Roll(2d10)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:13 + 9 (22) vs TN11+5 (16) HIT +3 EV. 12EV vs RV11= 1 Damage FROSTBITE BODY 7/11

Roll(2d10)+0: 9,5,+0 Total:14 + 9 (23) vs TN11+5 (16) HIT +4 EV. 13EV vs RV11= 2 Damage FROSTBITE BODY 5/11

Roll(2d10)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:11 + 9 (20) vs TN11+5 (16) HIT +3 EV. 12EV vs RV11= 1 Damage FROSTBITE BODY 4/11

Ouch! You have 7HP left if you want to absorb some or all of that. Costs are:

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Last_ditch

So to absorb the lot would cost 5 HP and leave you with 2. Alternately you can take your chances and the hits, and keep your HP in your pocket. You might need them!

Frostbite was flung about from the ceiling and walls by the multiple blasts, all the while aware that the cyborg still clung to his leg!

OOC It would take your dice action - your attack in other words - for a round to escape the hold.

You win initiative. This is a make or break round - may go right down to the wire!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Oct 07 2016, 23:11

Admin wrote:So to absorb the lot would cost 5 HP and leave you with 2. Alternately you can take your chances and the hits, and keep your HP in your pocket. You might need them!

Frostbite was flung about from the ceiling and walls by the multiple blasts, all the while aware that the cyborg still clung to his leg!

You win initiative. This is a make or break round - may go right down to the wire![/i][/color]

OOC: Choices, choices. To be honest apart from absorbing the damage, I'm not sure what is best to do here. If I break the hold absorb the damage and they get another attack at me, I could be right where I started. If I just attack as before - chances are without HP I will do little. I guess I'll have to break the hold of this guy, try and get into a better tactical position for next round, assuming I survive that long.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 12 2016, 15:50

Battered, struggling, Frostbite knows his options are limited!

Even so, he has them - a hero may be down, but not often out!

OOC Ooooh, I may have boobed. I can't remember if you are using FLUID FORM or not. In a nutshell:

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #6 - Toto... - Page 5 Fluid_form_1

What all that jibber jabber means is that you are harder to hit against physical attacks that would pass through you. The sonic beams probably not, but grabs punches and handholds yes.

With that in mind not only will subsequent attacks find it harder to hit you, but you will find it easier to get out of the grapple AND you can have a free dice action to attempt it due to my mistake. Can't say fairer than that!

Frostbite Strength 9 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:20 vs TN11 + Str 8 of grappler (19). Success +1 Effect. 10EV vs 8 RV= 2 RAPS, success.

Frostbite shakes himself free of the Cyborg which clatters to the floor without injury. Then he turns his attention to finishing the job he'd only half gotten through!

OOC Another Energy blast I expect. Frostbite is in FLUID form but partially solidifies his arm so as not to reduce the energy blast effect.

Adrenaline surge Roll(2d10)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:13 SUCCESS +1 Energy Blast to 15

Energy Blast going for a CRITICAL BLOW against four of them...

Energy Blast 15 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:46 (!) vs Dex 6 plus Multi Attack +4 (10) +TN11 (21)=success +7 Effect. 22EV vs RV10+Multi Attack 4 - 6 Critical Blow (8 overall)= 14 damage apiece.

There was a violent blaze of light as four super accurate shots took out each of the Cyborgs, scattering their body parts - mechanical and formerly organic alike - across the room!

Frostbite breathed a sigh of relief. For a moment there things looked dicey, but he'd come through. Again.

He looked at the Scientists, Technicians and Soldiers, who dropped their weapons and held up their hands. Now what?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 12 2016, 18:49

Admin wrote:Frostbite breathed a sigh of relief. For a moment there things looked dicey, but he'd come through. Again.

He looked at the Scientists, Technicians and Soldiers, who dropped their weapons and held up their hands. Now what?

Frostbite lowered himself and once again came to his full density. It was and remained somewhat strange to take on his fluid shape, whilst still somehow holding together. An extension of his ability to dematerialise or phase, his density in some strange way. It would take some getting used to, since this wasn't the first time he'd undergone changes, or rather the man before him who wore the mantle of Frostbite did.

Turning to the assembled creatures, Frostbite took control, something he felt more than prepared for. "Right you are used to taking orders, and I am used to giving them. Provided you take my orders and act on them, all will be well. Your people, those generals and higher ups intend only that you be used as fodder, disposable for who knows what grand plan. I intend to liberate you and hopefully my friends...if I ever lay eyes on them again. Meanwhile we need to try and use what you were doing here to render all those who'd oppose us inert, helpless or just asleep for a good long while. To turn this weapon against those who might try and stop us. And right now, we need to use it not only on those who might oppose us here, but on that mother ship and her potential boarding crew. If we're going to start a revolution gentle beings, we need to start here, and we might as well start with you. Hop to it men."

Frostbite wasn't sure if his direct and no nonsense approach would work, but it seemed to be how things worked around here and so seemed to be the most sensible way to get things moving along!

OOC:OK so knowing the mother ship is on her way, and apart from me the whole of the crew are expendable, I need to amp up my value so no one gets an itchy finger. If its possible to complete the work on the beam, but calibrate it for the other aliens outside of the room good and well, the next thing is to then take on the mother ship and start recruiting.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 19 2016, 09:06

The group stared blankly. The soldiers, clearly having figured out they were outgunned, hopelessly, dropped to their knees with their hands at the back of their heads!

The technician who'd asked for help stepped forward. Frostbot continued to translate as he spoke. "My... our... thanks stranger. I have heard tales of what those... abominations do to crew members who do not follow orders to the letter, or fail. To be honest we are sick of it! We may be..." he looked about "Genetically modified and basically formed from the same genetic soup in a vat, but each of us was given individuality after the initial clone workforce was found to be lacking in imagination and no better than robots. Unfortunately for our masters, the individuality they gave us also grants us the ability to free think and make our own decisions. I decide, right now, to follow you stranger. I owe you my life. So do my colleagues."

The others nodded slowly, even the soldiers who steadily got to their feet.

"I am Sark Sigma Nine Eleven Theta Four." stated the Technician. "I suppose Sark will do. Who are you stranger, and what are your intentions? I believe..." he glanced about nervously "...that there are a number of other crew members who feel as we do. We each share a small empathic connection. If someone of our gene pool is lying to us, or intends us harm, we know. With those..." he looked at the shattered Cyborgs "We don't. That empathy only applies to those clones from the same batch, but as that might mean thousands of us, that pretty much includes all the crew on this ship."

That could be a useful ability, Frostbite figured. A 'loyalty' tester so to speak, but only effective on the same 'batch' would mean those crew on other ships might be from different ones.

"Anyway" Sark continued "We'll get to work on the device. If it's used, we may... harm crew who would be sympathetic to your... our cause. Our masters are from highly modified gene pools. We are all expendable in their eyes, and they regularly execute crew to teach lessons to the others around them. It's horrible, but works at keeping us in line. As do these..."

He held up a wrist with a bracelet on. "A combined communicator and clone suppression device. Here you will find the biggest challenge. Try and remove it and it will explode, killing the host." he said, worried and sad. "This might ultimately limit your... and our... ambition."

Frostbot spoke up 'There may be risks, including triggering the device, but it might be possible for me to reprogram the devices by inhabiting it and rewriting the code.'

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 19 2016, 17:13

Admin wrote:Frostbot spoke up 'There may be risks, including triggering the device, but it might be possible for me to reprogram the devices by inhabiting it and rewriting the code.'

"Boy ole boy the don't cut you guys any slack. I've an onboard...computer who might yet free you from that last shackle. I hear what your saying about the crew, best make use of the weapon in case we get boarded. As to my intentions Sark, I'm looking for folk form my own...err, vat if you will. My friends who where brought here against their will be a as yet unknown enemy who seems to have a liking for clones."

Frostbite directed Frostbot to work on reprogramming the devices, whilst Frostbite then considered his options.

"Friend Sark, I believe, if you know who is going to be loyal to us, we'd best make good use of that now. Whilst the rest of you technicians work on the device, soldiers come with me. I might need you to round up anyone who'll be a fly in the ointment. Otherwise if we work our way to the bridge and tell everyone else what is going on, then at least we can work out where to go from there."

OOC:Ok so think if we get to the bridge and communicate with the crew, meanwhile need to make sure I know what the mother ship is going to do. I am also wondering if this ship is sufficiently capable of jumping away and keeping away at least until we know what else is going on. Perhaps rendezvous with my old crew and ship?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 24 2016, 09:59

Frostbot immediately got to work on Sarks' bracelet with a simple touch by Frostbite.

The Technician glanced at it nervously, then shrugged and turned to the others. He spoke so fast that even Frostbot seemed surprised 'Of course, for the technicians to be able to communicate in a faster more efficient way makes sense. They speak in a code much like binary and appear to have some gland or brain area that can translate what appears to be a stream of tweeting sounds into communication. Without that gland it may well be impossible to translate. The brain sends a unique 'key' which is replied to empathically and communication can then commence at the speed of thought. Impressive.'

The soldiers gathered their weapons and stood to attention. With a nod Frostbite turned and marched out followed by Sark and the half dozen soldiers.

OOC What defensive powers is Frostbite using at the moment? Just so we don't have a 'fluid form' in effect but not considered moment...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 24 2016, 14:54

Admin wrote:The soldiers gathered their weapons and stood to attention. With a nod Frostbite turned and marched out followed by Sark and the half dozen soldiers.

OOC What defensive powers is Frostbite using at the moment? Just so we don't have a 'fluid form' in effect but not considered moment...

OOC: Fluid form might well be my go to way of getting around because its so good. But then again it might be a bit unnerving. I think at this stage I'd best solidify and go double density, that way I've got strength as well to go with things and look more imposing. The aim is to show strength but only defensively, whilst the tec's and soldiers communicate via their binary code what is going on. As we move about Frostbot can reconfigure bracelets to reassure and nervous ones and ensure are new mutinious crew don't get blasted automatically.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 27 2016, 11:02

Increasing his density and coating himself with dense steel hard ice, Frostbite cut an imposing figure down the corridor as he lead his small mutinous crew on their way to the bridge.

'Hold on' said Frostbot in his mind. Frostbite paused and there crackled a voice on Sarks bracelet!

"Sark Sigma Nine Eleven Theta Four! Why aren't you at your post? Scan shows you have left and are..."

Sark looked petrified! "oh no!" he mouthed, figuring that in the next few moments he would be executed!

Suddenly...!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 27 2016, 11:08

"Hmmm. We appear to have a bracelet tracking fault. You are where you are supposed to be. It looked like seven signals had left the engineering section without authorisation."

"Proceed at best speed. If there are any delays on the predicted timeline the Captain has promised you shall all be flushed out of the airlock!"

Sark breathed a sigh of relief and stared, goggle eyed, at the bracelet, as did the soldiers around him.

Frostbot explained 'I have reprogrammed the bracelets to transmit the location signature keyed to the engineering section.'

One of the soldiers spoke up "How did...?"

Another added "No matter! If they see us in the corridor it will all be for naught!"

Sark slapped a fist in his hand. "Of course, every corridor, every deck, is visually monitored! We are only <metres> away from rounding the corner and we would be revealed!"

Frostbite had a choice. Hope that Frostbot could carry on hacking the bracelets AND somehow disable the cameras through every section that they walked through, or take to the maintenance access tubes, which would slow things down immeasurably, with that mother ship closing in!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 27 2016, 14:55

Admin wrote:Sark slapped a fist in his hand. "Of course, every corridor, every deck, is visually monitored! We are only <metres> away from rounding the corner and we would be revealed!"

Frostbite had a choice. Hope that Frostbot could carry on hacking the bracelets AND somehow disable the cameras through every section that they walked through, or take to the maintenance access tubes, which would slow things down immeasurably, with that mother ship closing in!

"Of course, why wouldn't an ultra dictatorial group not have a way of removing all possible routes to freedom, free thought or individuality. Frostbot what's your take on this? If we crawl through pipes we're going to take forever! Is there an alternative?"

OOC: If possible to hack camera's/sensors to show a loop then all good and well, if not I guess it might require us getting back up into the main control space to hack it from there. If that is so, then the guys best sit tight in Engineering till I'm ready, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 02 2016, 16:10

'I cannot continually hack the bracelets to transmit a false reading and hack into the camera system. The computer systems are quite secure and quite clever. And it seems the bridge crew need reassurance that the technicians are working as hard as they can. There are a squad of cyborgs approaching and will be here within the next 30 seconds.' stated Frostbot.

Sark frowned. "Your abilities. You can move through objects, yes? Can you... transport me in this fashion?"

(OOC Answer is no...)

"Ah. Then in that case, I have another suggestion, albeit a dangerous one. If you were to move into the access tubes, there is a thick red pipe which supplies vital cooling to key systems. Were that to be ruptured, it would set off multiple alarms and shut down key systems as well as sealing doors as the system would think there has been atmospheric pressure loss. You can still move through those doors, access a hatch to allow us into the tubes and carry myself and... one other with tools, to levitate up ... or fly... as you seem to... to the upper deck. There is one small snag."

Wasn't there always?

"That would limit our time severely. In the event of certain conditions, such as the ship experiencing what it thinks is a disastrous hull breach, it will activate the self destruct as a 'payback' to the enemy that supposedly caused it, to prevent boarding and the loss of vital secrets from the mainframe. Therefore we should act." he gulped. "Without delay."

'The cyborgs will be here presently' stated Frostbot cheerfully.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 03 2016, 13:51

Admin wrote:"That would limit our time severely. In the event of certain conditions, such as the ship experiencing what it thinks is a disastrous hull breach, it will activate the self destruct as a 'payback' to the enemy that supposedly caused it, to prevent boarding and the loss of vital secrets from the mainframe. Therefore we should act." he gulped. "Without delay."

'The cyborgs will be here presently' stated Frostbot cheerfully.

"What sort of time are we talking about? And where would I need to go to countermand the count down order?"

Frostbite knew that by the nature of attrition he'd get tired, worn down and eventually fail and be captured again. He could see how to a species practically grown out of a vat, he must present something of a prize in terms of his genetic material. Well that wasn't about to happen, not today. If he could beat the clock then perhaps it might be possible to throw of the ships shackles and start to gain a toehold in this force. Something big enough to give him some wiggle room to get a break.

OOC: Ok so lets go for the idea that we break the pipe, speed up to the right place and allow Frostbot to deactivate the count down and hopefully keep everything together. In game terms we need to find the 'god mode' to this whole ship and crew.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 07 2016, 11:08

'Calculating.. rate of travel... distance. 27 seconds. Ample time!' stated Frostbot.

Frostbite no longer thought as a normal human being. He was stronger, faster, tougher, smarter, more powerful, but even so...?

'Turn left. Further. There. That access panel is sealed.'

BANG, Rrrrrrip! Went the metal door in Frostbites hand.

'Now, lower your density to enable you to slip into the passage. Through there.'

As Frostbite slipped into the access tube he realised it wouldn't be possible for a normal human sized person to enter here. Clearly robots or the like would be required. The dome on his chest illuminated to bathe the area in blue light.

'Now. Oh, we don't have long. Go down 8 metres and to your right. No, your right, a further 2 metres. You will be in a larger section. There.'

Cables - including the thick red one - round down a parallel access tube. 'Sever that.'

As Frostbite did so, utilising superhuman strength easily able to crush steel, he felt and heard the ship shudder and shake, then alarms go off!

'You don't have much time.' explained Frostbot. 'Oh. The cyborgs have quickened their pace. They will intercept your new friends in the next five seconds. However if you don't get to a computer access point in the next 10 seconds, all of this will have been for nothing! It seems their systems have been upgraded at some point, and response times cut'

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Nov 08 2016, 08:22

Admin wrote:'You don't have much time.' explained Frostbot. 'Oh. The cyborgs have quickened their pace. They will intercept your new friends in the next five seconds. However if you don't get to a computer access point in the next 10 seconds, all of this will have been for nothing! It seems their systems have been upgraded at some point, and response times cut'

OOC: I am not sure if I am right in thinking about this, but in scripted rpgs when it came to combat, it was often the case that 5 seconds in combat was like a hour in real time, because everything slowed down. That being said, what kind of hero would I be if I didn't go back and save my friends, regardless of what mortal danger I was in myself. Hardly one worth celebrating or reading about. No contest, I go for the Cyborgs, tell my friends to scramble to somewhere safe and then try and sort out the ship from blowing up. Assuming such a thing can be attempted! if not....well it was fun.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:56

OOC In this game a round is 4 seconds, allowing you to move, attack (or a dice action to attempt something) and a simple non move/attack action (like picking something small up). So basically that gives you 1 round to sort the Cyborgs out, then 1 round to get to the terminal to sort things out! Lionhearts speed would be useful here... HOWEVER when dispersed you pretty much pass through stuff. Frostbite just has to 'Adrenaline Surge' to push it to levels high enough to get through metal.

Frostbite moved!

The bulkhead passed in a blur as Frostbite desolidified...

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:16 + Ad Surge (15) =31 vs TN11+Dispersal 5 (16). +5 Effect (to 20) vs Dispersal 5=15RAPs. Dispersal is 15APs temporarily.

Frostbite appeared in the corridor behind the Cyborgs as they towered over the clones! The soldiers bravely shielded Sark with their own forms but their weapons were clearly useless as they wouldn't even fire when pointed at the Cyborgs!

Frostbite had several options he figured (in the blink of an eye!)

1) Try to restrain the cyborgs while his friends escaped by flooding the corridor with ice
2) really go for it and try to take out all of them in one go (need a good roll)
3) distract them so that some of them chase Frostbite allowing his friends to escape hopefully

Slowing them down seemed the easiest option that would see him have a slim choice of getting to a terminal!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Nov 12 2016, 19:18

[quote="Admin"Slowing them down seemed the easiest option that would see him have a slim choice of getting to a terminal!
[/quote]

Moving as with the single thought of protecting his 'men' Frostbite let loose flooding the corridor with Ice, to stop the Cyborgs from delivering a killing blow. "RUN!" Frostbite shouted as he let loose, hoping the others had the good sense not to stand and stare but to do as he had ordered. Orders, after all, where something that they were used to taking.

OOC:Sorry to be so slow responding. New for me I know. I am really busy at present had to take on some more work, so running between a few things. As a result sometimes I am not near a computer to respond for a good part of the day. Otherwise I will be as normal. Hopefully you won't notice, but hey I figured that you are owed an explanation given that you are good enough to keep us informed.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 14 2016, 16:16

OOC No worries on any delay for you guys. Fully understand, especially with the way real life has gone for me this year!

Frostbite uses ICE PRODUCTION not to attack directly (which would be harder to clobber all six of these guys), but instead to fill the corridor with feet thick ice that would prove difficult for anyone to smash through!

Adrenaline Control boost to Ice Production Roll(2d10)+0: 6,1,+0 Total:7 + Adren Surge 15 (22) vs TN11 + Ice Prod 9 (20). +2 Effect. 17EV vs RV9= 8 RAPs. Ice Production is boosted to 15APs.

Pouring it on with a gesture, Frostbite creates a several feet thick wall of ice to completely block the corridor!

Frostbite couldn't be sure, but felt confident that a howitzer would take several shots to get through ice as thick and as strong as he'd made (OOC 15APs of body. Frostbite would find it very very hard to break that. Haunt would find it easier, but still a challenge.)

He shouted for his crew to "RUN!" but didn't have time to see if they followed his order as he allowed Frostbot to guide him to the nearest console in the hope that the 'doomsday' protocols the ship would put in place because of the ruptured 'red pipe' could be averted...

He popped through the floor...

OOC Adren surge for Dispersal... Roll(2d10)+0: 10,7,+0 Total:17 SUCCESS

...and ignored the crew who were staring, open mouthed, at the screens in this room as it appeared they would all be asphyxiated in moments!

Solidfying, hoping no one behind him had a ray gun to hand, Frostbite slapped a hand on a console and shouted "GO!" to his partner... then waited...

He turned to see half a dozen uniformed crew standing open mouthed looking at the superhero. The screens and consoles suggested this was some kind of navigation room. They continued to blare red.

One of the crew members spoke to Frostbite, but without Frostbot on board to instantly translate, he couldn't understand the speech. What he could tell was the imploring nature of the question. Furthermore he noted two of the crew had sidearms which were firmly in their holsters.

Frostbite cringed. Seconds ticked by. What would...

...the screens winked off. Frostbot 'spoke' inside Frostbites head. 'I was not able to deactivate the alarm as such, rather delay it. It was not the... most elegant of solutions, but after trying 711 different approaches, I found one that worked...'

"...the clocks? Are they wrong?" spluttered one of the crew as they looked at the screen.

'Ah yes. the clocks. I reset the chronometers aboard the vessel to a period of time approximately 1 week ago. That should buy enough time to sort out the alarm. If someone tried to alter it, the system will lock completely. It is not a solution that has a lasting effect, but I would suggest if this vessel is operable in around a weeks' time, it should be placed inside a breathable atmosphere of a Class M planet. The process that has locked others out from changing the time has also locked me out.'

One of the armed crew members spoke up "So... you're the one the Captain wants apprehending. The question is..." he pulled his sidearm "...what you plan to do next?"

The crew around him looked unsure. The other armed crewman made no move. One of them muttered "...you know that gun won't..."

"...Shhhh!" growled the crewman. "Well?" he asked of Frostbite.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 14 2016, 16:54

Admin wrote:One of the armed crew members spoke up "So... you're the one the Captain wants apprehending. The question is..." he pulled his sidearm "...what you plan to do next?"

The crew around him looked unsure. The other armed crewman made no move. One of them muttered "...you know that gun won't..."

"...Shhhh!" growled the crewman. "Well?" he asked of Frostbite.

Frostbite almost laughed, except he knew it would probably dent some sort of primitive sense of pride in the soldier likely causing him to be less amiable to discussion. Instead he put his hands up and sat down.

"Do, well I am sure you've already seen what I do. I take over ships, free the crew and give them a chance not to be colourfully blown up by their masters nasty restraints and give them a chance at finding their own way with me. I am starting a revolution, freeing my friends, people like me, and people like you. The same companion I had stop the ship melting, incidentally saving you all once already, can stop you from dying by those nasty devices they make you wear. So how about it, join me and see how choosing your own destiny plays out, or I deep freeze you and you take your chances with those above who wouldn't think twice about blowing your heads off. Your choice, if you can call it that. Its more than you'd get without me."

Frostbite looked about wondering if there was something he edible he could eat, it felt like ages since he had anything nourishing.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next