The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CURRENT PC - The Haunt

2 posters

Go down

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty CURRENT PC - The Haunt

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:53

LATEST VERSION May 22

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Haunt-May-22

OLDER VERSIONS:

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Haunt-Oct-2020

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Haunt-July-2020

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Haunt-LATEST-final-with-fog-20112018

updated 21st November 2018

OOC Note - slightly amended from the suggested version. Ran it through the checker again and had a few more points so boosted Fog by 3APs

UPDATE: Haunt is a High Class 3/Low Class 4 superhero, meaning he is of the level of your low-mid tier Avengers/Justice League and characters such as Spiderman. In game terms I have used a Multiplier of 3.5 in the character builder. This gives 1575 points to play with, but Advantages/Drawbacks get the same multiplier. It's slightly more than later players may get (they get 1500) but Haunt is a long term character who has not really advanced so some improvement should show to reflect his experience. The same applies to Frostbite, Lionheart, Silver Sentinel (should Ross return) and a number of recurring NPCs.

When I find the character background I shall post that up.

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 01 2022, 20:14; edited 5 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty Re: CURRENT PC - The Haunt

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 04 2020, 16:02

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Night_11
CURRENT PC - The Haunt Night_10
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 04 2020, 16:03

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Night-10
CURRENT PC - The Haunt Night_13
CURRENT PC - The Haunt Night_12
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat May 23 2020, 21:44

Updated Haunt 5/23/20

OOC So Haunt to Str 15/Omni Arm 15 for 135 points leaves 17. He needs 20 to raise Wealth by 1 point. So Haunt has 17HP and the following:
CURRENT PC - The Haunt Haunt-10
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 05 2020, 19:37

How time flies.  These are the very first posts of the Haunt.  Totally forgot I had an agent named Larry.  LOL!!!
Wonder whatever happened to him?  Did he drop Rush when the man disappeared for a year while the Haunt was a prisoner of the Advent?  Or is he still out there trying to get him jobs?

Will we ever meet Harvey Brookstein, Larry's friend in show-business? 

And HOLY COW!!!!!  I just realized that Rush King has a 7 in ARTIST, not a 7 in ARTIST: ACTING!  He's a freaking Renaissance MAN!
That means a 7 in Actor, Dancer, Musician, Painter, Sculptor, Photographer and Writer!
So he can not only star in his own movies, he can write the screenplays, direct the movie and do the filming too!  While dancing and acting and singing and playing musical instruments! 

When next we update him, remind me to drop Musician, Painter and Sculptor from the artist skill.  That will drop the factor cost down from 8 to 5.  We could use those 24 points to increase his wealth, reflecting that he is becoming a medium-size fish in the large film making pond!   Those points would increase his wealth from 5 to 10.  So he would be making a million a year in 1993 money, 3rd edition year.  From an inflation calendar I found that comes to:  
$1,000,000 in 1993 is worth $1,784,062.28 today, 2020

I'll keep the rest of the show business skills - acting, dancing, photography and writer.

• CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_quote_en
  • CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_edit_en
  • CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_delete
  • CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_info

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty The NEW Vanguard! The Haunt Issue 1: "Bring the house down"

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty  Admin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:05 pm
The Haunt!
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

CURRENT PC - The Haunt The_Haunt_title
CURRENT PC - The Haunt Haunt_titles_issue_1

Where did you find this guy?” asked the fat man munching noisily on a hot dog. “He’s good!”

“He’s better than that! You wouldn’t have guessed the guy is American. His accent, acting… and look at the makeup! Does it himself!”

“He’s wasted on the stage. You tried to get him into television?”

“Still trying. It’s a tough nut to crack, you know that.”

They continued to chat quietly through the performance whilst Rush King, actor, skillfully worked through his lines. Shakespeare was challenging enough without having his agent and an invited industry friend along.

=========

“You were amazing!” laughed Larry, his agent. “My friend, Harvey Brookstein, reckons you should be on TV! He knows people. We’re gonna give it our best shot kid!”

Rush nodded, smiling. The encore had been fairly lengthy, and it was another full theatre, albeit still not exactly Broadway.

The Actor continued to sign autographs on programs and smile for his small but adoring public who enthused about another fine performance. He finished up and turned to Larry “My cab should be here any…”

“HELP!!!” screamed a voice from somewhere.

Rush looked about. The side street had cars parked up and down it, people getting into them and about to set off to join the traffic in London. One or two people looked about but got on with their business. Larry glanced at Rush. “Someone playing a prank. I’ll call you in the morning. Get some rest – I want to set up a few interviews with Press Rags and see if I can get you on ‘This Morning’, or at least ‘Loose Women’. Daytime chat might be a necessary evil my friend but it gets you out there!”

Rush knew Larry’s best efforts might get him - at best - in the local free newspaper, or perhaps an industry gazette. As for TV? Well, he wouldn't hold his breath. His time would come. Until then… He looked at Larry walking towards the street and a waiting cab, then turned to look down another side street. A flickering streetlamp barely illuminated it, and the fog of London wreathed it in mist. Rush had heard the cry, though many hadn’t, or had chosen to ignore it. Would he?

OOC Plenty of people around leaving the theatre, which is a small one in London, housing around 500 people or so. Rush King is on his third night playing in a Shakespeare play (you pick one, I was never interested in Shakespeare, on any level. Even when I did it at school I could barely stay awake CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_sad He's heard a cry for help down a side street. It's dark - around 10pm and foggy, as London tends to be with these sort of things. It's been 3 weeks since Dr. Praetorious helped him out and Rush King is finding his feet, getting work and getting used to the strange powers he has now. He has a fear of acid and what it can do, but tries to direct that fear against his enemies (I assume) as the justice seeking HAUNT! Whilst Rush King has yet to make his debut as HAUNT, he has strange dreams, as if he's done this kind of thing before somehow...

Due to the nature of the space/time gate they came through to cross worlds, the Vanguard have been in this timeline a differing amount of time. The year is 2017, a few years from now. Not much has changed, but it does allow a certain freedom when it comes to world events. The cry for help came from a hundred yards away or more, and wasn't repeated. Haunt doesn't know where it came from, who made it, or why...

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Sf_h_26
AdminAdmin

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_user_profile CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_contact_pm CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_contact_email CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_contact_www
CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty

• CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_quote_en
  • CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_edit_en
  • CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_delete
  • CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_post_info

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! The Haunt Issue 1: "Bring the house down"

CURRENT PC - The Haunt Empty  DavidMcMahon on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 pm
Code:
Code:
Rush
 knew Larry’s best efforts might get him - at best - in the local free
newspaper, or perhaps an industry gazette. As for TV? Well, he wouldn't
hold his breath. His time would come. Until then… He looked at Larry
walking towards the street and a waiting cab, then turned to look down
another side street. A flickering streetlamp barely illuminated it, and
the fog of London wreathed it in mist. Rush had heard the cry, though
many hadn’t, or had chosen to ignore it. Would he?

ooc: The only play I've seen the whole thing of is Taming of the Shrew, even saw the John Cleese version, so that's the play he will be doing. And don't forget, he has done TV before. He did his breakout role for nearly three years as the somewhat dense American Foreign Exchange Student in that teen show. But that was about five-six years since he left that show. A lifetime ago for actors. CURRENT PC - The Haunt Icon_farao

Since then ... commercials, voice overs, small soap opera parts, small movie parts but nothing big ... yet.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 05 2020, 21:27

Haunt once used the name Garrett Hunt while hunting down a super-steroid ring while pretending to bodyguard a dealer named Capello.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 28 2020, 19:06

bump

Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 21:17

Note to me on Self-Manipulation, page 96 BOH2:

can form body into any object or gadget desired.  See Gadgets for Ideas.  Divide APs of S-M between physical attributes and Physical Powers but object retains character's Body.  [example:  10 APs, form boat, 5 APs Str and 5 APs Swimming.]  OR Character could opt to use his own Str and Dex instead of the object's.  So could do 10 Dex, 15 Str boat with 10 Swimming.  Volume of object cannot exceed APs of S-M.

Some Mental Abilities that can be mimicked but not limited to:  Air Control, Heat Vision, Extended Hearing, Magnetic Control, Microscopic Vision, Reflection/Deflection, Remote Sensing, Sensory Block, Telescopic Vision and Water Control.

examples:

Turning into Giant Fan = Air Control of APs of Self-Manipulation. 

Heat Vision = Giant Magnifier
Enlarge Ears or form giant old fashion speaking trumpets = extended vision
Turn into Giant Magnet or form giant magnet hands = Magnetic Control

Microscopic Vision = turn into giant microscope
Reflection/Deflection = form self into "Wonder Woman" with her Magic Bracelets to reflect/deflect physical attacks [minus HtH combat]
Form Hand into Ear Plugs, Nose Plugs and Sleeping Mask = Sensory Block, 3 senses
Form Sports Glasses = Telescopic Vision
Water Control = Form Giant Squirt Gun, form water hose hooked to fire hydrant, form giant hand to sweep waves.

This power doesn't change character's color but would need Chameleon Power to do so.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down