The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about anything else...

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chat about anything else... - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat about anything else...

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 08 2011, 17:12

Couldn't resist. When you started talking about animals walking on their hindlegs in the Lionheart adventure, it reminded me of this old Captain Marvel comic serial.

David

Chat about anything else... - Page 3 Cma_0411
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 08 2011, 17:10

Chat about anything else... - Page 3 Cma_0410
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 08 2011, 17:09

Chat about anything else... - Page 3 Cma_0318
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 08 2011, 17:09

Chat about anything else... - Page 3 Cma_0317
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 08 2011, 17:06

Chat about anything else... - Page 3 Cma_0314
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 08 2011, 17:05

Chat about anything else... - Page 3 Cma_0313
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 08 2011, 15:43

"What if it's the gun that's empowering this guy?" asked Joe, wondering instead if he should fire at the weapon. <<Based on visual information the weapon is powered with an element called 'lunarium'. Based on your previous hosts experience with this rare element, the tiniest of splinters used as ammunition and irradiated with a small catalyst from perhaps the 'Lunarium-X' isotope will 'supercharge' the velocity and penetrative capability of an otherwise mundane weapon. This is conjecture. Without stripping the weapon down, there is no way to truly ascertain its workings. It's possible it may be based on a P'utinarian dsign, which is beyond this units ability to comprehend without a firmware update.>>

You know, I think you just created the Ultrahumans here. I'm slowly catching up today on everyone else's storyline and got to this point. So I see that anyone [civilian, police and secret service] who are hit by fragments of these exploding cars and such might be the next superhumans or their kids in the future. Because there is a good chance that trace amounts of the Lunarian fragments got embedded in those flying fragments and could now slowly be working on those injured folks' metabolism even as we speak.

Like I said, maybe they will gain powers in the future or their children, inheriting the changed DNA will get those powers. Nice little way to explain more powers over the Earth since we know that Lunarium can change humans and give them powers. king
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Tue Oct 19 2010, 22:08

Admin wrote:Those links go to adverts *shrug* 'What did I do last night?' Hmmm. Got wet through, soaked to the skin whilst shunting wagons around in the dark and rain. Crying or Very sad

My Sympathies - I was really glad to be indoors - opened the door and had to use shoulder to close it. Cat ran for it!

I've looked at the link - your'e right about the adds - awkward so and so's, but underneath is the kink that should take you there.

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19 2010, 21:48

Those links go to adverts *shrug* 'What did I do last night?' Hmmm. Got wet through, soaked to the skin whilst shunting wagons around in the dark and rain. Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Tue Oct 19 2010, 20:33

One thing I did find whilst I was sorting out various things was something I had started several months ago whilst looking after Dad. I found it again on his laptop.

When Simon was redoing SUK, he posited doing a team based on a number of powers - Herostars. I had found mine in the format we had been using. I had, it seems, started putting it into a nicer format based on the old WD 'Hero's and Villains'. With the bits about 'Legacy' going on at the moment, I thought I might finish it off and post it for your enjoyment:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jyi83sqqt8h6usq/Magic%20Act%20II.pdf

This was based on an earlier one I'd done:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vnvfww7rb7g8b6p/Elementals.pdf

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 14 2010, 02:27

I think Dave says all that we can say really. So sorry to hear about your loss mate, seems you've had it rough for a long time now and then this.

Obviously, family and personal needs always come before anything else. I think we've all suffered a loss of some kind at some point or other, but that never makes it any easier to think of or say the 'right thing' to comfort someone. Being there for your mum and other family is your main priority now, come back when you feel ready. There is always a place here for you, you know that.

All the best, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 13 2010, 17:52

Limerickcot wrote:I will start posting again Sunday/Monday.

My dad died last thursday and I've been spending most of my time at my mums house an hour or so away.

Funerals on Friday and I won't be back til Saturday and then getting a flu jab, still in my best clothes to boot - which, given past history will knock me for six for two days.

Kendal, I'm so sorry to hear that news. Having recently lost my own dad, I can imagine how difficult it must be for you. Though it would be great to have your continue to post and indeed you might appreciate the distraction, no one would blame you if you needed more time.

Having got to know only a little of you over the net, offering to help seems a bit pointless. Its not as if I can come by and have a chat. But all the same I wish I could be on hand to offer a listening ear at a time like this.

All the best and strength for the funeral on Friday.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Oct 13 2010, 17:43

I will start posting again Sunday/Monday.

My dad died last thursday and I've been spending most of my time at my mums house an hour or so away.

Funerals on Friday and I won't be back til Saturday and then getting a flu jab, still in my best clothes to boot - which, given past history will knock me for six for two days.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 12 2010, 07:08

DavidMcMahon wrote:Well I'm about to start three days of working overtime myself so I might be able to post once before going to work and then once again at night. Or maybe only once a day. RL always takes priority over the game.

Paul sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. I'm frankly astonished you are able to do as much as you do at the level and quality that you consistently bring. Taking time to breath, recover and just attend to RL issues is never an issue for me. I'm fortunate in that my work allows me a lot of flexibility to be able to answer posts as they come in (most of the time) so please don't let my pace, guilt you into doing more than you can reasonably manage. One post a day is more than fine.

As to whether the email you sent out about issue 5 got seen, it did for me. It was such a relief not to be holding things up - the notification was great, thanks.

Get better.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Oct 12 2010, 03:18

Well I'm about to start three days of working overtime myself so I might be able to post once before going to work and then once again at night. Or maybe only once a day. RL always takes priority over the game.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 12 2010, 02:39

Just a heads up - on lousy shifts this week, just got in from work and need to hit sack, so I will apologise in advance if posting times are all over the place. I should still be on for at least 1 update a day, but depends on how much sleep by cold/flu ravaged body needs. So pumped up with drugs at the minute I will struggle to sleep anyway bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 25 2010, 16:59

It never rains...

Ah well you'll get sorted. I bought another router a few months ago. Last one dropped randomly when it felt like having a rest. You can have it if you want, but it's crap... Is it cable or adsl you're on? I think I had an old adsl (ex-sky) router knocking about you can have if you wanna give that a try. That said, if you've got them coming out, may as well get them to fix the gear in any case.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Sat Sep 25 2010, 13:07

Ha. So much for a new service. My internet router has bust - so they have to send someone out to me (I think). Currently waiting for them to get back to me but I don't think I'll be up for at least a week. I will try and get through from work as best I can but I'll be away from there Tuesday/Wednesday due to having a cortezone injection in my arm to try to get that to work. Joy's!

Meanwhile - still loving the game! And welcomes to our new playmate.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu Jun 24 2010, 07:39

Same here!

Seriously, I didn't know how to respond. Just glad I wasn't there myself - I'd have been seething.

Mind you, if there is CCTV there, then it should show who threw the first punch and they'll be no problem.

In the meantime, yeah. Take it easy and get over it. What you're describing is pure, unadulterated shock. After all, we never expect that to happen to us (and I was there once too, so sympathies Paul).

Take care now.

Kendal

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 24 2010, 06:55

Admin wrote:Apologies.

Seriously, I meant to update today but can hardly see straight. Why? I'm typing real slow right now because I've been punched in the face and had my nose broken - by a woman.

Insane, crazy, unwarranted, unwanted, unexpected and extremely saddening - I don't want to hit anyone, fight anyone or be involved in a fight. I dare say I'm in for a long night staring at the ceiling wondering what, why, when, where, who and how.

Paul

Man alive Paul I can hardly believe this. It seems the England games have caused people to go through massive emotional swings riding on the teams success or otherwise. Still this is crazy, how someone could take a swing at you anyway. I'm sorry to hear how you came off the worse for it mate, and certainly not how you wanted to spend your holidays!

Thanks for letting us know, but I'm sure I speak for everyone, when I say we hope you feel better and take the time you need to recover.

In any case my sympathies are with you mate, totally unnecessary! Sheesh, what is the world coming to?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 23 2010, 23:49

Apologies.

Seriously, I meant to update today but can hardly see straight. Why? I'm typing real slow right now because I've been punched in the face and had my nose broken - by a woman. Why? I have no idea. All I know is that I was chatting to some guy after the England game, then got some rubbish (burger wrappings, bags, etc) thrown in my face. I tossed them back in the same direction (still with a smile on my face) then got a full blooded punch to the face (from the person who threw the rubbish) with resulting blood all over the place. Crazy. My instant gut reaction was "Why?" then the girl in question (who'd thrown the rubbish at me) was lining up for another punch whilst my own blood was drenching my front, hence my reaction. I swung a punch back, connecting cleaning (and cutting my knuckle) and knocking her spark out. Why? I still have no idea. Her boyfriend squared up - or tried to - but I was already leaving the scene - it's been decades since I was a fighter and have no interest in starting now. I'm still befuddled as to what happened and why, and had to 'click' my nose back into place as it was twisted, stephen fry style. Anyway... may be a day or two before I'm back up to speed (my nose is like a balloon and the dog is licking blood off me?!?!?!) so I'd thought I'd let you guys know first.

Crazy.

Seriously, why do people think they can do this sort of thing and get away with it? I had a guy on the bus asking why I hit a woman and can only, honestly, truly, say, it wouldn't matter if it was a man, woman, machine, alien, the incredible bloody hulk who struck me and showered me in my own blood - before they hit me again I would hit them back. Crazy. Am still stunned by it all. Anyway, sorry to share this with you guys - can barely see cause my nose is so swollen but just wanted to let you know.

Still stunned, let's wait and see what happens (I'm sure it was all on CCTV, so it's possible the police will be involved) and will be back up to speed in a few days with a bit of luck. I can honestly, seriously say, I had no idea of what was going to happen or I'd have tried to duck. The guy I was talking to deserves credit otherwise I'd be in a police cell right now for starting on the girls boyfriend (they were the homeless types from looks of them, so dare say me, Mr Tax Payer of fixed abode, would come off worse).

Insane, crazy, unwarranted, unwanted, unexpected and extremely saddening - I don't want to hit anyone, fight anyone or be involved in a fight. I dare say I'm in for a long night staring at the ceiling wondering what, why, when, where, who and how.

Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 16 2010, 13:22

Limerickcot wrote:Away for a long weekend - going Friday, back very late Sunday - should be ok to post Monday evening

have a good time and self travel mate.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Jun 16 2010, 13:17

Away for a long weekend - going Friday, back very late Sunday - should be ok to post Monday evening

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 18 2010, 16:27

I think the settings are in profile. Needs to be of a certain size to upload your own or do as I did and pick one from the list... With regards uploading pics try http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload that usually does the trick Smile If you upload a pic I'll stick in onto your character sheet
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 18 2010, 16:21

BTW, how do we post an avatar? Or is that something you have to activate? I also have a small picture of Putty. How do I upload it here or do I email it to you and you can post it?
David
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next