The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Sky Eagle issue II

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

World War II - Sky Eagle issue II - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Sky Eagle issue II

Post  jamat Fri Sep 30 2011, 22:57

Sky Eagle looked down at the young man in his arms. Tears welled up in his eyes, since he'd got his powers people had died round him. Well if it was power they wanted to see then power he was going to give them.

Anger and frustration flooded to the surface. "Well my demon half lets see what power of yours can relaly do."

Withthat he laid the died man gently inthe broanches of the big tree then jumped into the darkness. As he flew after the truck he dug deep into his mind and opened up the connection between himself and the demon within. He realised the risks and accepted them. If the other captive died that night then it was at least a better end to what the Nazis would do to him.

He sped on opening his mind allowing the demon to pass on as much of the shadow power into his body altering it making him all and more than what he was.

OOC: I will go for a power level of 7

jamat
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

World War II - Sky Eagle issue II - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Sky Eagle issue II

Post  Admin Sat Oct 01 2011, 23:49

OOC Your ego is effectively halved the first five times you use the Dark Power (rounded up to 6) so you'll have the same problem Silver Sentinel has with a higher risk of failure but you also have the option of using Hero Points. I thought I'd assigned some but can't find the docs (my hard drives are a mess after the reload of windows, will get there over next week though) so will assume you have 5 Hero Points. Essentially whenever you make a roll they let you spend a hero point (one only per roll), and add another 2D10 to your roll. Problem is, they tend to get burnt up pretty quick when using the Dark Power... Right then, let's see how you did... 2d10+6=19 Sky Eagle, 2d10+7=20 Dark Power. That's a fail result - the Dark Power would take you over, lay waste to everything about and lap up the misery/terror/death and when sated give you your body back (as has happened to a couple of the players). However, I'll assume you spend a hero point, leaving you with 4 Hero Points at this moment in time. That comes up 2d10=9, meaning you comfortably make the check. A double 1 would have meant utter disaster, whatever roll total you get, mind. Your 7D10 comes up with 7d10 → [7,7,7,8,1,9,9] = (48), an average of just under 7 per die on D10, which is excellent! You can use those points to buy new powers to use for one round (then the points are gone). Think of the Dark Power in this way as a less risky boost to your abilities for a short time. Using it any longer will mean the Dark Power has a greater chance of running amok and really trashing wherever you are and for miles around... So you have 48 points to spend as follows:

Increase the Grade of an existing power for one round: 15 points.
Buy Grade 1 of a power you don't have for one round: 20 points.
For a power that normally requires 2 power rolls, double the cost.
Absorb HTC or HTK damage (from yourself or anyone you touch, so you heal them): 1 for 1 basis.
Increase Ego to protect against external attack: 1 for 1 basis for that attack only.
Buy an extra Frame for the round: 15 per frame

Dark Power points also drain at the rate of 1D10 points at the end of a round.

You can also spend Dark power points with a special 'Dark power blast' that has the following effects:

1D6 of Htc or Htk (your choice): 2 per die up to 6d6, then 3 per die up to 12d6, then 4 per die up to 18d6, then 5 per die up to 24d6 etc. Rather than actually rolling the dice for damage, simply assume a roll of 6 per die.
Range is 10m for every 3 points, so blasting it 30m away costs 9 points.
Making it an area attack costs 3 per metre of radius at the point of impact, so hitting with a 10m radius blast affecting all in the area costs 30 points.
Dividers cost 5 points for each -1 damage divider reduction.
Accuracy (an addition to your hit roll) can be increased with +1 per 3 points spent.
You can also skip all the roll to hit stuff by spending 10 points per 5m radius with a blast that centres on you and affects everyone - friend and foe alike, within range (but not yourself).

The Dark Power Energy blast is particularly potent because it causes maximum damage (no roll required) and can be configured to chop through any defence, just about. It's expensive, and short lived (you pay per blast, not per round) but if you absolutely, positively have to annihilate every so and so in the room, it's a good starting point... Over to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sun Oct 02 2011, 20:35

OOC:

OK I'll spend 20 points for a force field so I can use it to protect the prisoner when I get him / her out and I'll spend 15 points on an extra great od strength to do some reall damage.

I saw the force field as a vortex of spinning air that deflects attacks in keeping with his connection with the air and wind.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 03 2011, 19:13

OOC bear in mind you'll have to act quick - your points drain off round by round (1d10/round) so don't hang about. That said, you can always summon more, but there's a catch there too - the next check of Ego vs Dark power will be at Dark Power (however many points you decide) +1, so it gets harder to make the Ego check. The flip side is that when you've done it five times, you get to use your full ego score. The 10 times after that net you a bonus (2D10 Dark power to spend per Dark Power ego point you challenge) and so on. So by all means, use it, just be careful...

Sky Eagle felt a voice/presence inside of him cry out "YESSSS!!!!!" whilst Sky Eagle himself glowed with new power and strength! A flick of his wings formed a 'force wall' of sorts, composed of tightly spinning air! It seemed tied to him, so when he flicked a wing, it would move a short distance left, right, up, down, backwards or forwards! Even with the new power, he felt it wouldn't last long - he had to act fast!

Speeding downwards he saw several targets charging their way through the forest along the dusty path. Swooping through the darkness he knew they'd not easily be able to see him, but which target would he attack? (there were, from the front, a staff car, two jeeps, a truck and a tank rolling some distance behind the truck)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Mon Oct 03 2011, 20:23

Feeling the power enfuse his body Sky Eagle sped forward his target the truck.

As sooin as he was over it he ripped through the top pealing it apart like a can of bully beef. Looking to spot the prisoner.

OOC: He decided the prisoner would be in the truck, if his guess is correct he will grab the prisoner and rap the force field round him. At the same time he will take to the sky but still holding the truck he will flip it over into the path of the tank.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 04 2011, 05:55

Feeling strength surge through him, Sky Eagle sped down, tearing off the top of the truck without a thought, and looked inside... There were around half a dozen Nazis having 'fun' by booting a badly beaten Dr Feelgood who was gagged and bound, bouncing about on the floor of the truck! With a flick of his wings Sky Eagle immediately set up a wall of turbulent air force between the stricken Ally and the loathsome goons, even as they shouted, pulled weapons and struggled to make space to attack the hero! Behind the truck those in the tank saw the commotion and the commander opened the hatch to man the machine gun...

Though the temptation to knock the Nazis into next week was high, Sky Eagle landed amidst them. scooped Dr Feelgood up and casually shoved a Nazi who came at him. The man shot through the air and landed a dozen metres off the side of the road! Scooping Feelgood up, he barged past two nazis, took hold of a solid cross brace and took to the air with a grunt!

With more strength than he'd ever known (lifting capacity up from 4.5 to 21.5 tons) Sky Eagle flipped the truck by yanking it backwards, the roar of protesting engine contrasting with the scream of soldiers as they tumbled through the air!

Then came a silent pause as the truck flipped backwards, end over end, several metres off the ground, until it crashed into the oncoming tank, the Commander having barely had enough time to register what was happening! SMASHHH!

Bullets followed the pair as they took to the sky but stopped short of striking either this time round thanks to the forcefield. Sky Eagle thought back to minutes before when Trickshot had died. Could he have saved him?

Shaking off his doubts he sped higher, faster, into the night...

=========

The dark power, having worn off, left Sky Eagle wanting more...

That way led to downfall though - he was in little doubt that the entity inside of him was itching to get free and wreak havoc, or at least part of it was. The other side to it showed some restraint. and Sky Eagle knew he'd have to call on the power sparingly untuil he was sure he could control it fully.

Dr Feelgood woke with a groan. Through battered eyes he saw Sky Eagle and grinned, mouth bloody and several teeth missing. Coughing, he spoke "Thanks for coming back for me. I landed hard... think my ankles are broken, but that's no problem." He pressed a hand to first one, then another ankle, and gingerly got to his feet, putting weight on them. "My power is limited, but I should have enough in the tank to effect some healing. Where are the others?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Wed Oct 05 2011, 20:37

Sky Eagle knew that for the moment they were safe. He waited for the Dr. to fix himself up befiore speaking "Look Doc I can't order you to complete the mission, yes I'm the commanding officer but these are strange times and I'm talking now as a fellow soldier and I hope a friend"

He paced slightly before continuing "My arrogance got Trickshot killed and I will have to live with that for the rest of my life. I don't intend to lead you to your death as well. I need you to heal Agent 62 she was badly hurt in the plan crash and she is hold up woth two other agents. We are all that is left I saw Dan die in the plane as it caught fire. Once you do your thing on the girl you and the other agents need to contact the resistance and get back to England. I will go on and finish the mission if possible."

Withthat he fell quiet for a while before suggesting they head out to find the others.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 05 2011, 20:47

"With all due respect... sir" added the Doctor. "You can't blame yourself for anything! Unless you pulled the trigger, there's no way you killed Trickshot. Dan was... well, unlucky, and not just with the way he died. I'll miss him. He was larger than life, in more ways than one. As for Agent 62 and the others? You need me sir. They are trained agents - better trained than we are as far as I know - so if anyone can escape from behind enemy lines it'll be them! If they have any sense, they'll lie low and wait till its daylight - that way the jetpacks won't stick out like a sore thumb in the dark. If they fly high, up near the cloud cover... well. All I'm saying is that I think I should go with you. What if De Gaulle is injured? The only thing I hope is that he's worth it. We lost good people here tonight, and it might get worse yet. If we can get de Gaulle back in one piece and accomplish our mission, their sacrifice won't be in vain!"

With that, he stood, holding out a hand for Sky Eagle to shake. "What do you say? All for one, one for all?" he chuckled.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Thu Oct 06 2011, 21:24

Sky Eagle chuckles and grps the offered hand "All for one" He then moved off and scanned the area beofre moving back.

"Well we still have a few hours of darkness in our favour so I suggest we meet up with the others and get some aid for agent 62. We can then discuss what we need to do after that."

When the Doc was ready Sky Eagle took him under the arms and took off into the night sky heading for the farm they'd all agreed to meet at.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 06 2011, 21:52

An hour later Sky Eagle and Doctor Feelgood landed at the farmhouse, the going slow so as to avoid Nazi patrols and also Sky Eagles wings coped with the extra weight only by flying slower and gliding. As the pair landed in the trees they heard three distinct clicks nearby. With a sigh of relief they looked about, only to see a clump of bushes 'come to life' behind them, and a relaxed Agent 88 rose, shaking both superhumans hands. "Good to see you're both in one piece. We've been monitoring Nazi transmissions on the wireless, when we can anyway. Seems that they are in the process of adopting a new system which our radios can't pick up, but haven't switched over completely yet. They are spreading in teams, searching for us. Quite a lot of chatter about a convoy being hit too... Good show!"

He looked about, then led the way across the farmyard in a crouch, weapon ready. Inside the farmhouse, frightened french farmers huddles in the corner, a family with two young sons. Agent 62 was in a chair next to the fire, fevered sweat on her brow. Doctor Feelgood immediately went over. "I can heal her wounds, but the fever will need time to sort itself out before she can be..."

There were 4 rapid clicks from outside, and 88 looked at Sky Eagle. "Trouble!"

Both men moved to upstairs windows, looking out into the dusk. It would be light in a few hours, and things would be more difficult if they had to move an injured team mate! A look with binoculars revealed a staff car, truck and half track rumbling down a dirt track towards the farm. Downstairs, Agent 95 entered. "We have company! Can 62 be moved?" Upstairs, both men heard Doctor Feelgood "I'd rather not, but I suppose needs must. Find out what Sky Eagles plan is. I have work to do!"

95 headed up the stairs and shook hands with Sky Eagle. "Good to have you back sir." He outlined the size of the forces heading this way - probably around 20 or so rank and file soldiers, two or three officers. "Can we take them, or do we make off? They'll see our jetpacks if we use them, and we'll be broadcast all over the network. Another thing sir. I have a bad feeling about our radio. It's the only reason I can think of that the Nazis would come out here - there's nothing else for miles!" Agent 88 looked out the window "We have a couple of minutes before they have a good view of the farmhouse. If you want, me and 95 will stay to cover your retreat?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Fri Oct 07 2011, 20:04

"I'm not leaving anyone behind... not this time. Agent 88 check the Doc it just miught be the nazis were a little more devious than I thought and put something in his clothes that could have lead them here."

Moving over tothe doc "If you don't mind agent 88 here needs to frisk you if you've finished healing agent 62."

He quickly looked out of the window "well we need to move fast. All of you get moving out the back and into the fields we need to move in the opposite direction to those troops. If we need to take to the air we will be only as a last resort. As for the radio we need to destroy it just in case. That's something I can do when we get to a safer place for now we'll take it with us."

"OK guys lets move it I'll carry agent 62 "

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 08 2011, 09:57

Whilst Agent 88 found nothing physical on Doctor Feelgood, he did see something strange...

"Here." he said, calling Sky Eagle over. "Look."

The pair looked at Doctor Feelgoods' shoulder.

"You know, I was out for a while. I hit pretty hard, then woke up in the 'care' of those Nazis. What is it?" asked the Doctor, straining to see.

There was a definite puncture mark, and slight swelling. "Have they taken my blood or... put something inside of me? In either case, I'm compromised and should be left behind!" he said, struggling to his feet.

Agent 95 used a chair to smash the radio up, making sure it'd breathed its last. The French farmers in the corner backed off, frightened!

"No need to be scared good people." said 95. "We're the good guys!"

Agent 88 shook his head at the Doctor. "We'll have to figure out what happened. First though, as Sky Eagle says, let's get out of here!"

The group made their way from the back of the farmhouse into the trees behind the place, then turned to watch the Nazis pull up in the Farmhouse yard. There'd be little hope of the French not telling them all they knew in order that their own lives be saved, so the group headed deeper into the trees!

=========

"You know, I can't be sure..." said Agent 88. "But I could've sworn I heard something in the trees behind. Do you think we're being followed?"

The group paused. They'd made good time, though Feelgood was tiring more than the others. Agent 95 turned to Sky Eagle. "Sun up. The odds are against us being unseen. Maybe we should make a break for it? I can split up, head in one direction whilst you lot go in the other?"

Just then the group heard the crack of a branch some 20m away in the shadows of the trees. The canopy was thick, meaning they'd not be seen from the air, but it also limited their vision distance, much of the woods being shrouded in shadow...

A deep growl echoed around the woods...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sun Oct 09 2011, 19:17

Sky Eagle was just about to answer agent 88 when the growl stopped him in his tracks.

Thinking quickly he handed the two agents agent 62 before spinning and stepping away fro mthe group and towards the sound.

"OK everyone behind me. If things look like they are going bad then take to the air and get to safety." withthat he flexed his arms claws glinting in the sun as he crouched with his wings pulled back ready to spring into action to protect his team.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 10 2011, 15:01

Agent 62 groaned, waking up. There was enough about her to not call out though, seeing as everyone else had eyes peeled and was looking out into trees. Agent 88 hissed "I think there's something circling us..."

95 hissed "There!"

All eyes turned, though this was an opposite direction to that which 88 had point out!

Sky Eagle narrowed his eyes. They were being hunted!

In the distance the shouts from the farmhouse suggested the Nazis were dragging the hapless French farmers out into the yard, the wails and cries chilling the heroes heart!

Agent 62 looked to the two superhumans. Doctor Feelgood spoke first. "I say old chap..." he said quietly. "Human instinct says fight or flight... but we're buggered either way... what do you think we should..."

There was an explosion of leaves and motion from the front of the group as a huge (7' tall at the shoulder) horrendous looking beast charged at the group! It's speed was tremendous, and only the fact that these were no ordinary men and women stopped them from freezing in place with terror!

World War II - Sky Eagle issue II - Page 2 Animan

OOC it's moving towards you, so doesn't get surprise (you weren't sat around a campfire telling ghost stories about how these woods had old legends dating back to the time of the Indians, as per every teen-slasher flick, at any rate...) Initiative comes up: Heroes 6, Animen (bad guys) 5. 1 frame to you, then this thing gets stuck in! Let me know if you plan to dodge or parry its blows, so I can sort out your responses.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Wed Oct 12 2011, 21:21

As the beast clears the bush and rushes towards the group Sky Eagle rushes to meet it but at the last second changes direction hitting a nearby tree with all his strength hoping that he can crash it down onthe creature as it charges forward.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 13 2011, 10:39

Sky Eagle moved to meet the creature, then feinted... only for the thing to move with inhuman speed, swiping out with its claws! Doctor Feelgood shouted a warning "Look out! It's..."

OOC Four attacks... Rolls 9 (miss) 11 (hit, 2 accuracy, 19htk /4=5htk taken) 21 (double 8+5, Hit, 39htk /4=10htk taken) 18 (hit, 9 accuracy, 33htk /4 = 8htk taken). Any response to the blows (dodge/parry). As things stand you'll take 23htk leaving you on 64/87 htk. After you decide whether to respond, it's your remaining (three) frames. It's within melee range. Next post I will update with character totals (health, hero points, etc) as per the other threads.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Thu Oct 13 2011, 20:38

Sky Eagle moved sideways as the creature attacked and felt the rip of claws through his side as he moved away.

Realizing the monster was fast he needed to act quickly. With a quick spirt of speed he took off and sped along the ground arms out.

As he came into contact with the beast he grabbed hold and with strong beat of his wings attempted to take them both skyward.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 14 2011, 21:52

World War II - Sky Eagle issue II - Page 2 Sky_Eagle_totals

Stifling a grunt of pain Sky Eagle leapt into the air, wings beating hard, and grabbed (OOC roll 14, hit) a handful of the creatures' hair, holding on tight! He veered upwards, grunting with the effort as the thing must have weighed nearly half a ton! Higher, higher he flew, but he knew in moments this thing would twist in his grip and start slashing - even biting - at him! He'd be a sitting duck, and if it got hold of one of his wings...

OOC Unfortunately the flight speed in this game - at grade 1 anyway - is lame. Like, 30mph, if you're lucky. You are 45m up, which is around 130' high, clear of the tree tops and rising having used a frame to grab and three frames going up, up, up! How far do you want to go before letting go (I assume that's what you'll do, and it's a good tactic - 800lbs werewolves don't fly very well - always assuming this thing doesn't eat you first.

Inside of him, the Dark power rasped 'You are slow, mortal! Call on me! I shall boost your paltry speed, perhaps even make your skin as hard as steel!'

Struggling with the effort of dragging this thing into the sky, Sky Eagle glanced down, to where the others were... what was that?!?!

He'd seen a dark shape move through the trees to where his party was! More of these things? They had to get out of there! Just then the Wolf-Man growled, and lashed out!

OOC initiative... 7 Heroes (you) 3 bad guys. That gives you 2 frames, which would get you another 30m up, total of 75m. That fall wouldn't kill you, so it's a fair chance this beasty will walk away from it. Saying that, it's not the fall that kills but the landing... Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sat Oct 15 2011, 12:18

Knowing he had little choice inthe matter but hating the feeling he had after he last called on the power he opened his mind to the creature inside him.

He knew the team would not be able to stand against a creature such as these wolf people so he had to do what he had to to protect them.

OOC: He will call on power leve 6 to get a boost to deal with these creatures.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 16 2011, 22:11

OOC Just remember you are 'half ego' until you've used it five times (or sufficient time has passed in Sky Eagles career, like the other guys. Silver Sentinel is in the same boat). OK, let's roll the dice... 2D10+Your Ego (halved, round up to 6) vs 2D10vs Dark power Ego (6). 2d10+6=19 SKy Eagle, 2d10+6=14 Dark power. No problem! 6d10=33 Dark power points plus an extra D10 for rolling a 10 in there... 1d10=1. Better than nothing. 34 points to spend. Buys you 2 grades up on existing powers (strength? flight?) or one grade in a power you don't have. Over to y'all
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Mon Oct 17 2011, 19:45

Sky Eagle's feathers stood on end as the power was unleashed. He felt his strength double and the energy seep into his wings with a great burst of speed and strength he swung the monster round and with all his strength through the creature high into the sky and in the opposite direct from his team mates.

Noty waiting to see where the creature hit the earth he spun and dived towards the creaure he'd spotted moving towards the group on the ground below him

OOC: one extra grade of strength and one of flight.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 17 2011, 22:52

Sky Eagle spun... his strength was boosted beyond measure (OOC in game terms he's around 4x stronger, but in mechanics terms it's +12 strength) He tossed the howling wolf creature high up into the air, not watching to see it recede like a dot, flailing its arms and legs as if trying to fly! With the sun now up Sky Eagle was painfully aware of how exposed he was, but sped downwards anyway, his speed breathtaking as he dived like a Peregrine Falcon!

A second Wolf creature emerged from the trees, and the two able bodied DICE agents stepped up, pistols looking pathetic in their hands against the power of this thing! "RUN!" hollered one. Doctor Feelgood stood, shaking his head. "I'll be damned if I'm running! That overgrown mutt will have to eat me...uh..."

The great maw of the beast opened, jaws slavering! It could indeed eat Doctor Feelgood with just two bites of those awful jaws!

It crouched, and the hapless group knew their end was close...

It leapt! The agents guns went off, bullets thudding into the great form with a whiff of dust but no other effect! Time seemed to slow as the Agents felt death draw in... and suddenly a flash of fist and feather slammed into the creature from above, pounding into the floor at such speed that it caused nearby trees to shake and impacted the creature into ground by a foot or so!

The agents gaped as Sky Eagle got to his feet. The blow had hurt the creature, of that there was no doubt, but already it was starting to rise!

He turned as a growling noise issued from the bushes across the clearing. Another creature!

Cursing, Sky Eagle wondered how hard he'd dare push the Dark Power. He could feel the effects wearing off already, and knew the dangers even if he'd not seen the consequences of losing control! One of the Agents called out "We have to go!" He and the others had jetpacks at the ready. Agent 95 added "There'll be Krauts crawling all over this... what the devil?"

With a crash of leaves and bushes a half ton mass of fur and muscle smashed through the tree tops and THWUMPED into the ground nearly 50m away. There was a howl of pain and of rage, and the two creatures in the clearing looked up. One was bloodied and angry, the other warily watched this man-thing with the wings. The others were but a hindrance, a snack. This one... they would have to tear his wings off then bring him crashing down to earth! Still, they remained at a respectful distance, out of melee range for the moment as they prowled at the edge of the trees, looking for a weakness, an opening.

And Sky Eagle saw it! Agent 62 was injured and down, though gamely struggling to get up! "I'm alright! But if we can't fight these things, we should go, and to hell with the Nazi planes!"

OOC fight or flight, your choice...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Tue Oct 18 2011, 20:58

"grab agent 62 and get the hell out of here" shouted Sky Eagle as he squared up against the two beasts "I'll cover your retreat now go"

With that and still feeling the strength in him for the time being he charged the closest one to him and ripped into the monster with all he had.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 19 2011, 09:49

OOC initiative... 1d10=9 Heroes, 1d10=4 Bad Guys

"I'm stayin..." started Doctor Feelgood, only for Agent 88 to grab hold of him around the waist and mash the buttons on his gloves. Both at the same time fired both jets on the rocket pack, and the pair shot straight up! Agent 95 and 62 followed, whilst Sky Eagle leapt to the attack against the two creatures!

OOC Your Dark power has run out, so back to normal strength. As you get more experienced you'll find it can be made more powerful for longer. At some point you'll be able to call on it virtually every round, and after that it'll become second nature. That's a long way off, but for now treat it as a power boost to your existing powers and a way to pull a 'rabbit out of a hat' for powers you don't have in tricky situations. You have 3 frames, one spent moving towards an Ani-Man and two to attack: 2d10+3+6=16 miss, 2d10+3+6=23 hit for 6 accuracy. +6htc (punch) +17 (strength)=29htc

It felt as if Sky Eagle had punched a tree! The solid form of the Ani-Man flew back, nonetheless thanks to his superhuman strength. It crashed into the bushes and started to rise again, almost immediately, albeit much angrier this time! He spun, hearing the thud of heavy feet coming up from behind...

OOC 2 frame to move over to Sky Eagle and two to attack. 2d10+2+6=18 DOUBLE 5 plus 2d10=12. HIT for 38htk /4 = 9 htk, 2d10+2+6=17 Miss. Response or take the hit?

Feeling the rake of savage claws across his back, Sky Eagle turned to see the other move across to him and slash at him with claws!

OOC Another two attacks. 2d10+2+6-17=5 Hit for 6htk after dividers, 2d10+2+6-17=5 Hit for 6htk after dividers Unless Sky Eagle defends in some way he'll drop from 64 to 43/87htk. Still in good shape but feeling roughed up. You have 1 frame this round then initiative again.

Even as the second creature slashed at him, Sky Eagle heard a roar - the third, the one he'd tossed into the air - was heading back to the battle site!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Fri Oct 21 2011, 13:25

Sky Eagle stumbled back holding his side, blood pouring through his fingers. He quickly took a second to make sure the rest of the group had got away before he allowed himself to open up his mind to the raw power that had been offered to him.

As he did so he knew that if it all went wrong and the power got out of control at least his team would be safe and in the remote wooded area he now found himself in there was little chance of innocent people getting hurt.... also he would die knowing his sacrifice had destroyed three evil creatures from do anymore damage to the world.

OOC: OK make or break time I'll go 8 pts.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next