The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS

2 posters

Go down

HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS Empty HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 09 2020, 20:48

Hello to andyman, our second player to join in the past week. If you got any questions you can PM the GM [hey! that rhymes!] or plop a question in the Chat About The Game forum.

Welcome and hope your stay is a long one!

David M, not to be confused with Dave E. Player, not GM.

pirat pirat clown clown

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS Empty Re: HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS

Post  Admin Wed Sep 09 2020, 21:21

I echo David's welcome! In a nutshell we started playing coming up to 11 years ago (In october 09) on another form called Endless Flight, then RPG beat then something else. Each time there was a change the forum vanished and we got fed up of it so migrated here. Other than when the forum is being maintained (by whoever runs this stuff) it's been reliable and no problems so far 10 years on (touch wood).

The Original Advert (Though I think I'd recruited from the Golden Heroes Yahoo Group a few weeks before this date):

HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS Original-Advert

We used Golden Heroes RPG (from Games Workshop) then outgrew that so house ruled to cover higher power heroes. Eventually we outgrew that so changed to DC Heroes which covers heroes from street (not very well) to Cosmic (very well) levels. More house rules later and to my mind they now give each individual AP it's own value instead of grouping them into columns and making everyone seem the same down at the street level.

The House rules are a work in progress and I'm always interested in suggestions, tweaks and changes if they make the game easier/faster to run.

Currently there are a number of games running:

The Vanguard - Dave E runs Frostbite (leader of the group) with an NPC team, so solo adventuring but I try my best to bring the NPCs alive!
The Ultrahumans - Miss Victory (David M) and Lionheart (Dave E) in EXTREMELY high level adventuring! These guys could routinely slap Superman and Doomsday about while filing their nails down and reading the paper!
The Lore Knights - Prof Wynde (David M) runs this with a whole cast of NPCs set in May 1940 at the start of World War II with time travelling aliens seeking to help the Nazis win the war!
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - With Steeplejack (Dave E) and Haunt (David M) in Victorian Era Europe fighting ADVENT's time travelling aliens as they seek to reshape the world in their image and with people such as Sherlock Holmes, Captain Nemo, Fu Manchu and Count Dracula amongst others!
Kid Kinetic - Patrick runs Kid Kinetic with an NPC cast of aliens and family members who are at odds with each other and Kid Kinetic in the middle!

There may be slots in these games open if your schedule stretches to playing in more than one game. The only thing I ask is be realistic with how many times you can update the game, don't take too much on. Mind you I'm about to start GMing another game on here set in the 50s so perhaps I should follow my own advice!

Any questions please holler, it's great to have some new blood round here to join us old timers (Myself, Dave E and David M have been playing together online in Golden Heroes games since about 2003 I think, even though we've never met in person!)

Cheers, Paul

Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS Empty Re: HELLO TO NEW PLAYERS

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 21 2020, 17:05

And I see we have another new member joined us a couple of days ago.  Welcome
Indigorose
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level