The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Guy groups and such

Go down

Bad Guy groups and such Empty Bad Guy groups and such

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 12 2020, 15:04

"What the ...?" spluttered the Captain. He seemed to look at his Coldstream guards and they shot up, doubtless to an order made over the internal radio. The clouds continued to gather at a seemingly impossible pace, and lightning blasted down!

Haunt recognized the danger and shoved the Prince backwards with a stretched arm through the gates with not a moment to spare! The great gates of Buckingham Palace were now a fused pile of molten metal!

"Dark Powers are afoot!" shouted Prince Conrad over the howl of the wind "They want the last piece of the sword!!!"

Bad Guy groups and such Sf_h_26
AdminAdmin

Bad Guy groups and such Icon_user_profile Bad Guy groups and such Icon_contact_pm Bad Guy groups and such Icon_contact_email Bad Guy groups and such Icon_contact_www
Bad Guy groups and such Empty Bad Guy groups and such Empty

• Bad Guy groups and such Icon_post_quote_en
  • Bad Guy groups and such Icon_post_edit_en
  • Bad Guy groups and such Icon_post_delete
  • Bad Guy groups and such Icon_post_info

Bad Guy groups and such Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #5

Bad Guy groups and such Empty  DavidMcMahon on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:43 am
"Great," The Haunt thinks to himself, "real magic. Not faking like me."

"Who are they and where is this vault," the Haunt asks Prince Conrad. "And will putting this thing [indicating the briefcase] help stop this attack before people get killed?"
Bad Guy groups and such 5-41
DavidMcMahonCosmic Level

Bad Guy groups and such Icon_user_profile Bad Guy groups and such Icon_contact_pm

Bad Guy groups and such Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #5

Bad Guy groups and such Empty  Admin on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:40 am
"The Sons of Mordred!" hissed Prince Conrad, glance from the shelter of an arch in the Palace grounds.

People ran everywhere, uniformed and otherwise, whilst the armoured Coldstream Guards roared up into the sky with jet boots lit against the steel grey backdrop of an ominous thunderstorm. Whilst the Palace was getting into lockdown in case of imminent attack, Conrad continued.

"Arthur, the Grail Legend, it's all... mostly... true, save a few details. The sword Mordred used to kill the king was taken by the remnants of his knights and unmade, shattered and the pieces buried, hidden, guarded... like this one."

He opened the case using a retinal and finger print scanner on the case itself, then glancing at Haunt before muttering the word "Hengroen."

It clicked open, and Haunt glanced inside. The shard of metal was old, forming what had been the point end of a blade. Inlaid with runes that shone like fire when the lightning crackled overhead, it spoke of an ancient time, a deadly evil and the promise that, should it fall into the wrong hands, a new dark power that would once more stalk the land.

He clicked the case shut, and Conrad spoke on. "Mordreds sword has been gathered by a cult, a network of agents and organisations with their own agenda eager to see if they can restore an evil power to life. Fools! They are like mewling children, knowing not the danger of fumbling with matches! If this last piece of the sword were to fall into their hands, and the sword remade, then Mordred himself, dark scion of an unholy union between a King of Light and Queen of Darkness will rise to claim his place on the Earth, and let me tell you that such as he would have only one goal in mind."

"The subjugation of all, or else death at his hand!"

Haunt glanced up.

Conrad gasped. "No! The conventional agents they hired to track and stop me have failed."

Conventional seemed an odd way to describe armoured mercenaries or a man made of acid, but the Prince continued "Now the Sons of Mordred take a direct hand in matters! We must flee!"

The cloud above started to boil and swirl, parting to reveal a circular gap, but instead of blue sky above a boiling red mass started to expand, becoming larger by the second and even at this height, Haunt could tell something with wings, several somethings, were flying out of the cloud!

ooc:  If Prof. Wynde or another mystical hero has time, maybe they will run into this group of baddies in the future. 
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Bad Guy groups and such Empty Re: Bad Guy groups and such

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 14 2020, 21:06

There are people opposed to powers or the people who wield them. They have a long reach, plenty of money and a blinkered mentality. The Children of Gaia are one such organisation. I expect those people who were waiting for me to turn up at that club to be working for them or another nut job organisation. They've infiltrated everywhere and had a hand in the banning of superhumans a few years ago. The Adjutant framing, that led to the Civil War?* They, amongst others, had a hand in that. Really shook things up and the children I protect were basically held prisoner on the grounds of one of my mansions in a lap of luxury whilst they trained and trained in their powers, for their own safety." he sighed.

"The danger is ever present. The Children of Gaia are a 'humanity first' organisation, but they'll do anything to further their aims." he adds. "I've been living with a target on my back for years."

D'Veere takes a sip of tea. "That's the story behind those people. I'm grateful that you, and our Actor friend here, came to my rescue. Actually the 'D'Veere' in that club is a lifelike android decoy, or LAD. I speak and see through it, along with a few others, and get some of my proteges to follow the leads that get generated. I was intrigued enough to check this out when YOU turned up Steeplejack. What brings you out of retirement and to our Actor friend, what is your interest?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down