The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NPC Heroes

Go down

NPC Heroes Empty NPC Heroes

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 05 2020, 19:53

Some heroes were once PCs but are now NPCs.

He lands, and extends a hand to shake. "I am Retribution."  "I have, for years, fought crime and injustice on the streets of London. At one point I was a member of a government sanctioned team, the Executive

Wandafar, once a PC hero, now NPC hero.  (Pierre Wilgommen)  Found something of his origin using the old GH rules:

NPC Heroes Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Frostbite Issue 1 - "Frosty Reception"

NPC Heroes Empty  DavidMcMahon on Thu May 23, 2013 7:08 pm
Wandafar
Brilliant Scientist - Mechanical
Contacts - Government
Skills - Computer Knowledge
Energy Attacks - Vibration
Precision - Energy Attack
Sense Energy Fields
Larger - heavier version

His powers are natural or actually the result of mutation. What I can remember of his origin, he was a passenger or scientist on-board either a space passenger liner or an exploration ship that had some kind of catastrophic failure and piled into a life boat and wound up on Earth, having no idea where his civilization in space was since he wasn't a pilot or navigator or astronomer. The Larger-Heavier Version came from him coming from a heavier gravity planet and his shorter size due to that as well. The other powers came from the weird energies his body was exposed to when the ship was in the process of breaking up and the space engines going wild.

He was actually intended to have low level super-strength since he came from a heavier planet [just like Superman!]. In DC Hero Rules, he would eventually have a 7-8 Strength. Probably a 9-10 Body - denser. He would probably have the Genius advantage. Guess his skill would translate into Scholar - computers. He would have the High Connections- Government advantage or did until this recent history came about.

Down the line, intangibility was planned for him using his vibratory powers on himself to do so.

His suit was basically the low level padded or armored suit instead of the thinner more flexible costume that you got to choose when you started the game.

British Bulldog (Kevin Hammill-Hope) + Bulldog (Winston) [Winston died from a Zomborg attack]
Yeoman (Jack Robertson)
Silver Sentinel (Steve Jenson)

Ghost Knight, once a morningstar wielding PC hero of the Lore Knights, now a retired NPC hero who works behind the scenes as Earl Justin StJohns.  Was once a professional boxer before inheriting the title.

Last edited by DavidMcMahon on Tue Aug 11 2020, 20:08; edited 1 time in total
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

NPC Heroes Empty Re: NPC Heroes

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 05 2020, 20:57

Nightingale - "Yeoman called Haunt over from the roof edge and said "Take Bulldog. We leave the car here and fly to where we need to go. A lady called Nightingale works a short fly from here at a clinic. Yeah, even at night. She's a proper saint. Patches us lot up when we're bashed to pieces."

Yeoman explained "She's a Doctor at the hospital during the day. Helps injured folk who stay off the grid during the night. She's.. talented. Like us. Wants to keep it a secret though. I can only imagine Adjutant and the UKChampions already know what she does but leave her be anyway, as her
talents would be extremely useful as you'll see."

The back office was lit and through the office window Haunt saw a fetching young woman in white dealing with a tramp who'd been bitten by a dog.

NPC Heroes Nightingale

She looked up and Haunt noticed her faced dropped slightly. Yeoman saw it too and chuckled. "Every time one of us turns up in uniform she gets paranoid about bad guys showing up and smashing the place to smithereens. Says I'm a trouble magnet." he shrugged. "She's not wrong."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 07 2020, 21:04

NPC Heroes Empty Re: The New Vanguard! The Haunt issue #2: "Even a lion fears the jackal pack"

NPC Heroes Empty  Admin on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 pm
The other man shrugged "Never heard of you. That said, you saved my life back there. And I..." he said, reaching into an inside pocket and pulling out a small hand size metal case that might hold cigarettes or pills.

It turned out to be the latter, and he pulled out a glowing green pill, opened his mouth, and popped it in. "...just needed time to gulp this down..."

There was an instant and sudden transformation as the mans skin changed to a black and orange striped hue, scaled and patterned much like the animal that gave him his name...

"Call me GILA..." growled the seven and a half foot tall reptile/man hybrid. His thick muscled limbs were tipped in claws, and his extended reptile jaws were dripping with venom. "No police..." he snarled. "They'll only get mown down, and get in the way with their laws...grrrrrrowwwwwrrrrr"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 07 2020, 21:27

And now for their very first meeting!

"Yeoman said to wait for someone that stuck out like a sore thumb" said a voice from the shadows. Haunt looked about. Just then from the shadows of the chimney vaulted a blue garbed figure with amazing agility who landed on the edge of the chimney without even looking at it. "I'm Steeplejack. You must be Haunt I'm guessing. Question. Do you trust technology, specifically that which deconstructs your molecular structure and beams you up to a satellite that's due overhead in..." he glanced at a wristwatch "just under a minute?"

NPC Heroes Empty Re: The New Vanguard! The Haunt Issue#3 - Country Imperilled!

NPC Heroes Empty  Admin on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:03 pm
Steeplejack smiled. He seemed like an older hero by what Haunt could tell from the half face mask. With an assuredness that spoke of superhuman agility and years of practise he dropped into the depths of the chimney stack and into the darkness...

Which vanished as lights activated by sensors illuminated every twenty feet. Steeplejack landed on a platform then looked up as Haunt joined him. "Place has been condemned for years, but protected by a preservation order and mountains of red tape. If one were to follow it, they'd find a certain Lord St Johns at the end of it, but you'd have to be able to unravel a pan full of spaghetti to do that, and his lordship 'tripwired' the trail. Basically it means no one can touch this place. Wandafars' machines keep anyone from getting too close."

He stepped up to a scanner type device set on a post. A light shone on Steeplejacks face, scanning.

"Steeplejack. Velcome." said Wandafars voice. "Scan shows you are viz someone else. Are zey friend or foe?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Aug 11 2020, 20:32

The girl leads Haunt a merry chase down several alleys, then up a flight of fire escape stairs...

Breathing hard, she turns and sags against a wall. She has tears in her eyes. "Did you... did you see my girlfriend, Mart... I mean, Mighty Maiden? She went in there with her team mate, Bomber Jack. They... they were going to stop a bank robbery. Did... did you see them? Are they alright?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down