The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4

Post  Admin Sat Feb 11 2017, 13:02

The psychics seemed uncertain, glancing at one another, before the leader spoke 'We...' a pause, looking at the silent psychic battle going on in the jungle clearing...

A look back at the others. A sigh.

Then all turned to the battle going on, and Lionheart risked a glance. The psychics seemed to step back, as one, with arms crossed across their chests and Lionheart knew they were diverting all their energy into defence, having been spoken to by their people. It didn't matter to Saladin. He saw it as a sign of weakness, lashing out with a psychic blast which punched an alien clean off their feet and repeated martial arts blows to Psychics which reeled and staggered, all the while restraining themselves to not strike back!

'Your enemy is relentless! His psychic attacks will avail him naught for we are bolstering our peoples' defence, but his blows could prove fatal! I warn you if any of our people die at his hands we WILL divert our efforts to killing you and that ... maniac!' a pause then 'Help!'

As Lionheart watched Saladin cackled and leaped on top of a psychic grasping its head in a lock that would require but a twist to snap its neck! He was genuinely enjoying himself, and seemed to think the attacks ceasing was a sign of weakness!

OOC Saladin is around 100m away, not far, but he is the equal in most ways to Lionheart, and the better in others, especially hand to hand combat whilst Lionheart was more rounded and focused on being the complete lawman, as opposed to Saladin who'd been a Psychic Soldier/Assassin placed into the role of lawman...

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Feb 11 2017, 16:14

Admin wrote:OOC Saladin is around 100m away, not far, but he is the equal in most ways to Lionheart, and the better in others, especially hand to hand combat whilst Lionheart was more rounded and focused on being the complete lawman, as opposed to Saladin who'd been a Psychic Soldier/Assassin placed into the role of lawman...

OOC:Top speed rush in and aim to attack Saladin so I know him back of the Psychic whose head he is attempting to wrench off, will put die into accuracy.

Lionheart didn't need to be told twice and like a bolt of lightening, only slower given his downgrade of late. Still, he went in fast as he could and aimed to hit Saladin hard, not so much because he had it coming. Though he did. But more in order to know him away from the others and so as to stop him in his tracks. Locked away within Lionheart, the brutal psychopath was letting his full fury loose but the looks of things and Lionheart had to ask questions later and take action now.

OOC:So assuming I do knock him back, I will make myself the target of his attacks, unless that is I can reason with him. if he'll let me. However my aim is to get him to try and see some sort of reason, or he'll die trying to take the aliens down or work with us all to his own advantage, at least for now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 13 2017, 12:00

OOC No need to spend HP when you have Martial Artist...

Lionheart was about to spring into action when he remembered something...

Reaching unconsciously to his belt he unclipped and dusted off a tiny set of 'binoculars' and looked through them. They were of course his 'uploader' which allowed him to switch between the use of various expert level skills, something that was standard equipment for PSI Corps agents and easy to replace given a few gadgets and built in subconscious instructions. Simply emit a certain frequency of light and his brain would change  its programming, so to speak. He'd not needed them with Saladin inside him, having attained his full, true, potential, but now?

With a sigh he scrolled the image round and 'flashed' his brain. He was now a 6th Dan Karate Expert!

Somewhat less than he'd been before, but still...

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Lionheart_depowered

He sped from the jungle, finding it difficult to concentrate on flying through the trees and instead moving as fast as a speeding bullet towards Saladin...

...who looked up, tossed the psychic alien aside and assumed a defensive stance! Curses! His danger sense was operative too!

OOC 6 dice attack, Saladin is going for all out defence...

Roll(6d10)+0: 2,6,7,7,9,1,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:22 + Superspeed (Dex) 10 vs TN 11 + Dex 9 + Power Reserve 7 (Dex boost)= Hit, +3 Effect (9 Str to 12) vs Body 11 = 1 damage plus knockback twenty feet

BANG!

Despite Saladins' superhuman speed, moving before Lionheart even threw his punch and avoiding half a dozen superspeed blurring shots, he was struck in the midriff with a short punch and hurled into the undergrowth where he tumbled and landed, cat like, on his feet.

"Ahhhhh! It stands to reason that where the Saladin stands, Lionheart shall appear to oppose him! So... 'brother', does your 'do-gooder' nature prevent you from standing by my side not only as we conquer this world, but grasp this war torn galaxy by the scruff of its neck and proclaim ourselves master of all we survey?" he purred, eyes narrowed and doubtless looking for a way through Lionhearts' defences.

Saladin was a better fighter, no doubt about that. Faster, tougher, stronger, and not just physically. Mentally, he was a match for Lionheart and possibly slightly better when it came to dealing out damage. He was, after all, the first iteration of PSI Corps warrior that was more a soldier than a peace keeper, and they were very, very effective even in the face of overwhelming odds. When the two had been joined Lionheart had unlocked abilities denied to the pair of them. Now the jungle seemed quiet, dead, almost, as he realised his superhuman senses were gone!

His psionically enhanced strength, speed and durability remained, however, albeit on a far more limited scale. Where his advantages lay over Saladin were his wider range of abilities which made him a far more effective lawman. Unfortunately, law and order seemed to be somewhat absent from this place!

Knowing Saladin would go on the offensive but not quite sure how far he would go, Lionhearts' current choice seemed to be to continue attacking, and hope to wear his foe down, or reason with him. He noted the psychic warriors were moving back and gathering into a group. More, they were linking hands, and he could only imagine how that might boost their psychic strength should they decide to attack! Indeed, what was stopping them attack both Lionheart AND Saladin, and claiming the spoils when they were dropped?

All of a sudden Lionheart felt caught between a rock and a hard place!

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 17 2017, 14:00

Admin wrote:All of a sudden Lionheart felt caught between a rock and a hard place!

OOC:Sorry been away trying to help my mum out with some stuff, it's been intense so no time to reply etc.

Lionheart almost relaxed and spoke, knowing how desperate the situation was, "I always thought you were an idiot and now I think it could be worse. I didn't realise we'd have to add suicidal?"

Hoping that the exchange would make Saladin stop in his tracks was what Lionheart intended. Give him something to think about, rather than something to fight.

OOC: Assuming that the opportunity comes for me to say some more...

"Look around you, if you fight all these people and win it still leaves you stranded in an alien world with no way off and with diminishing chances of escaping in one piece. These folk, need help, we and you need their help. I know I can't trust you further than I can throw you, but whilst it suits us all to work together to get free of this planet and back home, I imagine even you, mark 1 that you are, should grasp the significance of an alliance, to the mutual benefit of us all. After we get free you can whisper me sweet nothings as much as you like, but consider the bigger picture, before you do something that even you'll regret."

Lionheart waited, he knew Saladin was no fool. He also knew he was arrogant and was deluded with a sense of his own superiority. But even he must see the workings of an alliance serving his own purposes even if it helped them all.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 24 2017, 10:35

OOC Don't worry about time Dave - I've been under the cosh this week from work with long shifts meaning not enough hours in the day syndrome as usual Sad

Saladin narrowed his eyes which glowed with psionic fire!

He glanced about at the psychic aliens and muttered "Can you feel it, King? They fear us, and yet they intend to betray us. Both of us. Do not let your guard down for a moment!"

Lionheart knew that applied to Saladin as well. The man was a power obsessed snake, and bitter through his mistreatment at the hands of the PSICorps controllers. Used as soldiers, discarded when they had completed their purpose, Saladin had seen his friends and lover slaughtered by those who had given life to them, an uncaring public turning their backs on those that had saved them.

The second iteration of the PSICorps had been more carefully designed to be a law enforcement officer. More controllable, predictable, docile and with a means of controlling them through a vulnerability to even a small amount of gold.

Saladin didn't have that weakness. Lionheart wasn't sure if he still had it, but hoped it would not come up on this alien world!

Then he sensed it. Saladin stepping down his attack, but maintaining his shields. He stepped alongside Lionheart, looking past him at the Aliens. "If you betray me, I shall not only kill you, but all of your friends. If I betray you...? Well, what did you expect!"

Lionheart could only shake his head at that and turned to Wandafar.

Saladin called out. "Tickle his mind. He is only asleep. I have done that for his protection against these aliens. In a comatose state the mind is less vulnerable to their powers, I have discovered." He glanced at the dead forms of several of the aliens scattered about. "Know your enemy." he hissed, with a definite stare at Lionheart.

One of the Psychic Aliens came forward and spoke, mind to mind. "This being must submit as our prisoner and subject itself to our punishment for the deaths of our people!"

Saladin smiled and muttered "Not going to happen."

uh oh...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 24 2017, 16:45

Admin wrote:Saladin smiled and muttered, "Not going to happen."
uh oh...

Looking from Wandafar whom he was shaking awake, Lionheart then looked back to the alien whom had addressed him.

"Whilst I, being a law enforcement officer from my own time would concur with your desire to enforce some sort of justice, nonetheless I need both these men and we need them to if we are going to find a way to keep the remainder of your people alive. I am afraid that to attempt what you suggest is going to cause your own demise. I can tell you what you know already - he is a villain with no compunction about doing what he wants to get his way. But in a hostile environment like this, frankly, we've got little choice. Kill him, and I and you will have paid a terrible price at the cost of your own lives. I know you don't like it, but I can only say that my own sworn duty to stop this man and I will attempt to continue to do that at such a time as we can when our escape from this place is guaranteed. But you aren't wrong to mistrust him."

Lionheart didn't think that the subtle or reasoned approach would work. Already his mission had badly been sidetracked. He didn't know what to expect to find here, but this didn't feature in his thinking. And though he hated the thought, Saladin within was far better and in some ways more just outcome than Saladin on the loose causing mayhem.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 01 2017, 11:56

The Alien turned its head slightly to its comrades...

Meanwhile Wandafar groaned and looked up, rubbing his head, before wobbling to his feet with Lionhearts aid. "Vot happened? Did I miss Eastenders?" He looked up and his eyes narrowed. "Zis lot cannot be trusted. It is good to see you Richard." Then he turned to Saladin. "Not good to see you."

"I saved your life Dwarf." growled Saladin, who didn't take his eyes off the psychics.

Wandafar shook his head. "Everything you do comes at a cost. Eventually it will be von I cannot afford. Lionheart, ve need to get away from zese nut cas..."

'Our anger remains undiminished.' came the voice in their heads. 'However for now our goals align. Get off this world, against the odds when the flora and fauna seeks to ingest us, and the dominant species in this space sector seeks to capture, torture and dissect us. The aggressive Alien stood next to you and the diminutive one remain under guard at all times. You shall be under double guard. It is fair to say our arrangement will not be based on trust.'

Lionheart sighed.

Saladin grinned. "Now that we are all not getting along, may I suggest our next move is to head... that way." he pointed. "With my enhanced vision..." he glanced at Lionheart knowing his counterpart did not have that power "... I can see a number of silver shining dots taking off and landing. A space port. We can obtain a space craft and go our separate ways." Even as he said the words Lionheart noticed a glance from Saladin that said, without speaking "This lot will kill us, or try. Know this."

Wandafar shook his head. "My world is crazy. Everyone in it is crazy. In the near future, I predict it will get crazier."

OOC So, a truce. For now. As the group makes its way through the jungle you may get an opportunity to speak to Wandafar and Saladin without the aliens overhearing. If you wish to formulate a plan or try and improve relations, this is your chance. Otherwise the update (probably next week based on how crazy and bonkers this week is) will have you guys at the edge of the space dock security zone...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 03 2017, 15:47

Admin wrote:OOC So, a truce. For now. As the group makes its way through the jungle you may get an opportunity to speak to Wandafar and Saladin without the aliens overhearing. If you wish to formulate a plan or try and improve relations, this is your chance. Otherwise the update (probably next week based on how crazy and bonkers this week is) will have you guys at the edge of the space dock security zone...

Taking his cue from what opportunities presented themselves, Lionheart took the time to make sure Saladin knew his part of this particular standoff, whilst trying to clue Wandafar in on what was happening.

"...So these aliens are dying for lack of food, but without their help, we'd probably die for lack of a convincing means to stop Saladin. I think these guys, despite what Saladin would infer, would be more open to helping if they got help. Sadly Saladin's actions have gone a long way to tainting that particular option. Now we face the possibility that at any moment the alien life here might turn on us, or a sudden end to the standoff as a result of a sudden change in the situation. With you planet-sized brain, I'm hoping you can give us another option."

OOC: So we will trudge on as best we can, fly where possible or whatever ever needs to be done. And whilst maintaining a wary eye on the jungle get to the spaceport undiscovered.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 08 2017, 16:50

Wandafar walked in silence, occasionally rubbing his bald head.

"I sink I hef a plen." he glanced at Lionheart, then a scowl at Saladin. "Zese Aliens vill most likely betray us. I hef computed ze odds but quite frenkly I do not blame zem." Another scowl at Saladin, who shrugged.

"What do you expect dwarf? I am the superior form of life on this world. You think I should submit to these lower beings? Look at your friend there, Agent King. Dutifully chasing me through time, trapped in the past and without a word of complaint. A man without a past trapped in the past all from following orders when he should have been giving them! Bentham and Trowers have much to answer for. Now that I have gained my individuality again I shall seek out their ancestors and slay them, ensuring those filth never come to be!"

"Und most likely neither vill you!" declared Wandafar. "Or him!" at Lionheart.

Saladin grinned, narrowing his eyes. "A price worth paying, eh Richard?"

The Aliens called a halt further up, and the three superhumans moved up quietly.

'The spaceport is one of a number on this world' said an Alien inside their minds. It was a sprawling mass of landing pads, hover lift trucks, personnel and guard towers. Fifty foot high electrified fences hummed around the mile wide site and automated drones buzzed like insects in the air, occasionally firing a lazer at an unfortunate bird or animal that strayed too close to camp.

There were several ships, mostly loading or unloading supplies. Guards were everywhere.

Saladin chuckled. "Come, brother. I wager I slay more of those fools than you!"

Wandafar frowned. "You have no respect for life, dumkopf! How you and he can share any part of the same gene pool I do not know!"

Saladin snarled, about to comment when one of the aliens spoke up 'We shall not be able to leave the system on those ships, but we will be able to make orbit on any of them and dock with a ship that can leave the system. Our truce will end at the moment we enter the mother ship. I suggest you choose that time to go your separate way from us, so as not to risk conflict with my people.'

Wandafar looked at Lionheart meaningfully. The hero knew that the genius was aware of not only his powers but Saladins too. He'd cleverly thought of a plan it seemed, but buried it deep in his pysche - doubtless with reciting Emmerdale plotlines from memory, or Eastenders or whatever. Saladin would quickly bore of sifting through that. Unfortunately it meant that Wandafar would not be able to reveal his plan to lionheart without tipping Saladin or the Aliens off. The perils of mind reading!

Saladin smiled, settling back on a log. "I count... over two hundred guards. Cyborg sentries, drones, large mounted weapons, possible minefields and automated tracking missiles. How would you like to do this?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 10 2017, 16:48

Admin wrote:Saladin smiled, settling back on a log. "I count... over two hundred guards. Cyborg sentries, drones, large mounted weapons, possible minefields and automated tracking missiles. How would you like to do this?"

OOC: Man I read all this and decided life is so busy right now I can afford to give this a few days to see if I can make sense of what to do. Yeah like that worked! Given my limited powers, limited range of movement, and opportunity to get things done I was a bit stumped. With so much security, aimed at keeping the nasties of this world out, I can see how we'd have to be one or two or more levels better.

Ok but looking at my skill set I see thief is listed, so that I guess means breaking and entering shouldn't be something I cannot do. So with that skill set, I am going to look for a weak point which we an exploit.

Then it's going to be a combination of guile and step by step hero point spending to see if I can fudge enough dice rolls to cajole some kind of get in, to get out. In truth, I'm looking for some sort of way forward and not sure what the situation is providing me. It's real hard being depowered - it's like being at the bottom of death trap dungeon have met a Wraith that level drained me from 20 to 3 or something.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 15 2017, 08:53

OOC Thief at 7APs makes you a 'Grand Master', one of the very few on Planet Earth at such a high level. To get better than that you'd need to be Mister Miracle or someone similar. Reasoning being is that the people who concocted Lionheart and the PSI Corps figured to catch a Thief you'd need to be better than one... Saladin doesn't have that. He's a better fighter but still has some stealth capabilities. Right then.

Roll(6d10)+0: 6,5,10,2,8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 3,7,+0 Total:26

Lionheart studies the fence, the pattern of the guards, the rotation... drone paths... At super speed - even his reduced speed, he *might* be able to get right up to the fence and fly over then seek cover in the shadow of a large digger like vehicle (albeit one that hovered rather than rolled on wheels).

He looked at the others. Wandafar was looking at him, then glancing at the Psychic aliens. Yes, he figured that his friend had already decided the aliens would betray them, but who would do it first - them or Saladin?

Only he could make it to the fence and over unseen, he decided. Even then, there were all manner of sensors he couldn't see but had to assume they were there. His path would take him perilously close to being discovered and rely on perfect timing. The time when he could move faster than being seen was behind him, but hopefully not gone forever! Whatever process had worked on him to shrink him down had inexplicably separated him and the sooner he was back together, the better! Potentially he was the most powerful being in this tiny universe when he and Saladin were together. He glanced over at his former enemy, now uneasy ally. He would not want to give up his new found life and freedom so easily.

"Well?" asked Saladin. "All this sneaking about is well and good but I suggest the direct approach, though some of our number may fall in the assault. I think it is a price worth paying." he grinned.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Mar 16 2017, 13:56

Admin wrote:"Well?" asked Saladin. "All this sneaking about is well and good but I suggest the direct approach, though some of our number may fall in the assault. I think it is a price worth paying." he grinned.

"I tell you what since I beat you last time, let's go with brains over muscle and if I loose you can brag about it later, deal?"

Lionheart took a moment to explain to their captors what he intended to do, to try and forge a path through the defences, by which they could get on without bringing the whole base on them. Something he knew they'd not want to do. Having come so far, they'd all played their hand and the standoff remained. But it was time to move on; there was no fallback option they'd come too far now.

With that, he broke off, taking the time to concentrate and visualise what he was going to need to do so that he could free his mind to work on the doing at the speed of thought, even though it meant going much slower. And within moments he was ready and launched himself forward...

OOC:Ok this seems like the last time I broke into a similarly massively defended space, only without so much massive on my part. Well, time to spend HP like I'm a third world dictator facing bankruptcy ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 22 2017, 15:47

Saladin scowled but bit back a reply. That suggested he would try and make Lionheart pay for the remark later...

Wandafar took a moment to step up "Richard, vatever heppens next, trust me. Ja?"

Lionheart looked at his friend and wondered what was going on in his head. Turning to the task at hand he concentrated.

OOC Thief, Lionheart is a GRAND MASTER and gets four extra dice to roll when making a Thief skill check, no HP required... (won't do much good and cost a fortune anyway)

Roll(6d10)+0: 9,5,3,5,7,6,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE, but one of those where it's a close thing between double or a better roll. Plus Roll(2d10)+0: 1,2,+0 Total:3. Oh. Ouch. Not been stung by the dice for a while!

The moment was right. He crept forward, dashed from point to point, then kept to the shadows of. Oh.

The crack of a branch underfoot made him cringe and he saw a sentry gun swivel in his direction and fire!

OOC Weaponry 8 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 4,6,+0 Total:10 vs TN11 + OV14 (25) Missed.

Suddenly all hell broke loose and weapons started blasting this way and that, criss crossing and blazing the grass into ash!

With a stifled curse Lionheart knew the stealth approach was out of the window! He would either have to abort, knowing full well the jungle would soon be alive with troops, or fight his way through!

Funny thing was, he'd caught a momentary glance underfoot and hadn't seen a branch... Oops! He ducked this way and that - at least a dozen weapons were blasting at him!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 24 2017, 17:20

Admin wrote:Funny thing was, he'd caught a momentary glance underfoot and hadn't seen a branch... Oops! He ducked this way and that - at least a dozen weapons were blasting at him!!!

There was no going back, that was sure to get them caught and who knew what would be salvaged from that firefight. No, he had committed himself to this course of action, come what may. Although this wasn't what he had expected in all honesty, now he was on 'stage' with no script and having to wing it all the way. He only hoped he could find his rhythm quickly, the fact that his powers were so much less than they were, was completely throwing off his expectations and his reactions.

First things first, time to get through this mess before he ended up like so much sliced salami!

OOC:Ok so thief seems to have got me so far, but not far enough. Right then it's a question of trying to find a point from which I can switch all the do-dads off that are firing at me. Mind you, the others might have the sense to jump the fence whilst I am drawing all the fire. I will attempt to use my Martial arts to stop weapons where I can, but my emphasis is on dodging and staying alive. A stray blast in this current form might just be enough to make me sliced Salami if I am unlucky with the dice. And I am not going to spend HP, unless I get hit to mitigate the damage which I think is the smartest way to avoid spending it like its going out of fashion.

Meanwhile I am also looking for some sort of solution to the current predicament, good though I am I don't want to hop skip and jump my way off the planet ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 31 2017, 22:57

Lionheart spun, rolled, dived and ducked as the weapons tracked him, slicing up the grass around him as he moved only moments before the beams landed!

Smoke issued from the grass in places, and Lionheart knew that would slow him down were he to breathe it. Or worse. 'Sealing' his system was no longer an option with his diminished power set. His mind was fast enough to realise he was being funnelled... he noted a clearing in the compound, and the drones above were tracking his every move until...

The firing stopped.

From the smoke a figure rose...

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 - Page 3 Death_ninja

Humanoid, though whether it was human or not he wasn't sure. This was something new. It rose, scythed a sword around and stared at Lionheart...

OOC Mind attack!

Mind Blast 9 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:24 vs TN 11 + OV 8 (19). Hit +3 Effect. 12EV vs 13RV... no damage

With his mental shield in place Lionheart grunted with the effort of repelling the attack, but knew he had done so! The being in front of him looked familiar. About the same height and build as him, probably slightly bigger. The sword he wasn't worried about. Metal couldn't cut his skin... unless it was more than mere metal...

It spoke in an alien tongue, and Lionheart took the chance to glance behind...

There was no sign of Saladin or Wandafar! The fools! Had they not taken the chance to penetrate the defences whilst he drew their fire? The drones buzzed overhead, four of them looking down, but they'd stopped firing. The figure in front of Lionheart bowed a head, then crouched... ready to pounce...

OOC Lionheart wins initiative. Where Saladin, Wandafar and the alien psychics are he doesn't know, but the guy in front of him - wherever he came from - doesn't seem in a talking mood! Over to you...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Apr 01 2017, 12:29

Admin wrote:OOC Lionheart wins initiative. Where Saladin, Wandafar and the alien psychics are he doesn't know, but the guy in front of him - wherever he came from - doesn't seem in a talking mood! Over to you...

"What is it about this place, everyone wants to kill you, or eat you?" Lionheart was cross. Cross that having been the patsy, the others were nowhere to be found. Worse still had Saladin taken this opportunity to taka advantage and seal the fate of the others. Or perhaps worse still the mystical warriors who held them prisoner had taken a leaf from Saladin and betrayed them all?

Questions that once again had to wait. Lionheart didn't like that fact that he had a formidable warrior who had some sort of code of honour. The fact he'd presented himself formally issued a challenge and then waited to be met, suggested that this warrior was at least a civil killer. Perhaps by some distant chance even here against his will. His presence didn't seem to chime with the otherwise electronic defences. But everything was so screwy in this world, why should anything make sense to Lionheart.

A curt bow was offered before he made ready to attack. Since the man was a Psi blaster, it was time to test his defences and see if he could break him that way.

OOC: Ok interesting - right let's go for a Psi-Blast and we'll go for probing his defences, therefore we'll go for accuracy more than effect. But I don't want to loose out on the effect, so I'll put an HP die into effect, just so I do more than tickle him.

As regards to how this plays out, I'll see if I can alternate between using martial arts and Psi attacks as long as both remain viable options. I want to subdue not kill, after all, I might need to get this guy to be my shield since the defences stopped at his entrance. Might help me get through the rest of this set up in one piece, yet.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 05 2017, 22:35

Lionheart nodded to his foe, then unleashed the lion...

Somewhat diminished from his previous power, though nonetheless with extra 'oomph' put into it!

OOC All you can do with HP is buy extra dice and rely on the dice, it's one of the 'power downs' of Hero Points that means people with huge stores don't always automatically win, rather they tip the dice in their favour but ability scores are still vital. What you can do is go for a critical blow or devastating attack, but they make things considerably tougher to succeed at...

Buying an extra die means:

LIONHEART HP 191

Roll(3d10)+0: 1,8,7,+0 Total:15 + Mind Blast 9 (24) vs TN11 + OV10 (21). Hit, +2 Effect (to 11) vs RV15 No damage

Lionheart felt his blast blunt against shields every bit as impressive as his own, perhaps more so. Just then he heard a cry from somewhere in the jungle and risked a glance over his shoulder. He saw Wandafar on his knees amidst the bushes, clutching his head! Stood near him, thrusting his hand out and reeling from unseen blows, Saladin clearly looked like he was struggling to stand. Even so he scooped Wandafar up under the arm and dragged him into the undergrowth, out of Lionhearts sight...

And the hero turned, seeing the sword blade scythe down!

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 9,10,+0 Total:19 + Dex 7 (26) + 2 from Martial Artist vs TN11 + OV7 (Dex) + Power Reserve 7 (7) to OV (25). Hit, +1 Effect. Damage 9 + 2 from Weapon + 1 Effect (12) vs RV9. LIONHEART TAKES 3 DAMAGE (down to 6 Body from 9)

The blade slashes down, Lionheart noting that it hummed as it did so and seemed to vibrate so that it was barely visible!

The moves were familiar, the strength comparable... it was like fighting himself! Those drones buzzed overhead, as if watching the fight.

"King!" shouted Saladin from the jungle. "Our 'Allies' have made a deal with those inside the ca.... ARRRRRGGGGH!" Then his voice went quiet!

Great! Now what?

OOC Initiative 9 LH, 4, Ninja. LH Goes first again... Absorb that damage or take it on the chin?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 07 2017, 16:13

Admin wrote:Great! Now what?

OOC Initiative 9 LH, 4, Ninja. LH Goes first again... Absorb that damage or take it on the chin?

Fighting two fronts was dangerous and reckless. Lionheart decided that had to change, he and Saladin had an understanding of one another's strengths and weaknesses they should having shared a body for so long. So it was time to break off the fight and join the others. Admittedly it was the reverse of divide and conquer but that was surely what was being played out on them, here.

OOC: Ok make best speed back to the others and try and see if our combined help might solve the problem? I'm not going to wait and find out if Saladin is destroyed along with Wandafar as well.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 12 2017, 22:12

The 'Ninja' remained in an 'en garde' pose whilst Lionheart raced off, the four drones humming overhead, perhaps recording the fight and all else that went on.

Speeding into the clearing Wandafar sprang to Lionhearts sight where he lay, blood leaking from his ears and nose. Saladin whirled, thrusting out with unseen force into the trees. They seem to crash aside as if thrust apart by a raging animal, and the alien hiding behind it cried out, clutching its head!

Speeding up to Wandafar, he placed him in the recovery position and gave a gentle shove on his chest. The smaller man coughed and blearily opened his eyes. Alive! Lionheart needed to get him out of there!

Saladin turned and grinned "They hide in the trees, massed and in groups, blasting away." He spat blood and swayed on unsteady legs. "To think I thought about betraying you, for having imprisoned me in our body whilst you lived with the power supreme!"

Then Lionheart himself felt a blast of mind force aimed at him!

OOC Roll(6d10)+0: 9,6,7,5,3,4,+0 Total:16 Lionheart uses his Medicine skill to save Wandafars' life. A small thing, but simple and effective in the circumstances. Then he suffers himself! Mind Blast 9 + Team attack (+8) + Roll(2d10)+0: 7,10,+0 Total: 34 vs TN11+ OV8 (19). +5 Effect (to 14) vs RV14 LIONHEART TAKES 1 MIND DAMAGE He's on BODY 6/9 and MIND 8/9

Lionheart staggers but stays on his feet. The unseen enemy were professional, merciless and relentless! Too many to fight, perhaps. Saladin spat a mouthful of blood out, and hissed "Don't go running out on me Richard! I'll not run from these curs!"

OOC The PSI Corps operatives win initiative. The enemy is camouflaged in the jungle but they are out there, in numbers...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 14 2017, 16:49

Admin wrote:Lionheart staggers but stays on his feet. The unseen enemy were professional, merciless and relentless! Too many to fight, perhaps. Saladin spat a mouthful of blood out, and hissed "Don't go running out on me Richard! I'll not run from these curs!"

OOC The PSI Corps operatives win initiative. The enemy is camouflaged in the jungle but they are out there, in numbers...

"Whilst I admire your tenacity I think that a fight to the death only serves their purposes and not ours. Not sure how and why they should be taking an interest in us, but I would like to suggest a strategic move either to the ships or the jungle might be in order. I don't think today is a good day to die."

OOC: Lionheart will scoop up Wandafar and make towards the spaceport, time to get off this planet and its unfriendly welcome. Of course, I need Saladin to help me,
so in one sense I am hoping that my pulling out pulls him along, besides I might need him to take on the ninja opponent who would otherwise keep me busy.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 25 2017, 07:30

The drones buzzed overhead as the pair ran towards and over the fence. The crouching Ninja once more rose and Lionheart, who cradled Wandafar in his hands, look to his side where Saladin was.

His unlikely ally glanced back. "I suppose you'll be wanting me to make some kind of heroic sacrifice so that you and the Dwarf can escape? I caught a glimpse of you against this opponent. I know your fighting style, your moves. Aside from the additional weapons this opponent carries, I would say, without a 98.4% certainty, that the opponent we face.... is YOU!"

As the drones buzzed high overhead the Ninja like opponent moved forwards towards the pair... Then seemed to shimmer, and divide into two! To Lionhearts trained eyes, the stance was slightly different, more arrogant, inviting, altogether too sure of itself.

In other words, a mirror image of Saladin!

"I shall endeavour to keep our opposites busy!" smiled Saladin ,clearly relishing the prospect of a physical battle since the mental onslaught had ceased as the pair entered the fence/compound area.

"GO!" hissed Saladin. "I shall cover your escape! Find a ship, then come back for me! Do not leave me, or I shall find you in the afterlife and make your life a misery!"

He interposed himself between the two opponents and Lionheart/Wandafar, giving an opportunity for Lionheart to run, fast as he can, towards the distant ships!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Apr 29 2017, 11:52

Admin wrote:"GO!" hissed Saladin. "I shall cover your escape! Find a ship, then come back for me! Do not leave me, or I shall find you in the afterlife and make your life a misery!"

He interposed himself between the two opponents and Lionheart/Wandafar, giving an opportunity for Lionheart to run, fast as he can, towards the distant ships!

Lionheart was stunned for a moment, before adding quizzically, "Don't start getting soft on me, now! I'll be back, just don't die."

And with that Lionheart took off knowing that with the Ninja taken care off the drones might well start attacking them again. Speed was now paramount, he had to find something and fast, for all their sakes. Saladin was good, but Lionheart had the feeling that even he wasn't going to get through this simply with grit and gumption.

Looking about Lionheart took in what was available, not knowing what it was specifically he needed and yet attempting to still find what looked right, given their present needs. Fast, but armed, long-range and but not a bathtub with wings!

OOC:Ok mate, let's see what we can find and get ourselves a lift off this planet. I am hoping to make a quick decision, use my thief skills to get aboard and fly something sufficient to get Saladin and get away. A cinch for sure, what can possibly go wrong Rolling Eyes

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 04 2017, 19:04

The camp was full of supplies, presumably food, fuel, ammunition and who knew what. Oh, and troops.

They blinked in astonishment at seeing the blur fizz past them, turning to stare in wonder even as alarms went up all over the camp! Once more he encountered resistance in the form of automated guns that spun to track the movements of the superhuman. He dare not slow down for fear they would open fire and hit not just him, but the unconscious Wandafar!

It was tricky to pick out a suitable ship. Most were about the size of a truck, designed to transport about half a dozen troops for lightning fast drop offs with equipment then turn to make the same run again. Dozens of them. Further back, he could see larger vessels, crewmen scurrying over their hulls to make repairs or adjustments.

The smaller ship might suffice, but would not have deep space capability he figured, possibly just the speed required to make close orbit and dock with a mother ship.

Just as he considered which of these to approach and find a way of entry, he 'heard' a psychic scream and knew Saladin had been downed! The Ninja opponent and the treacherous aliens - albeit perhaps with a legitimate grudge to bear against Saladin - had no doubt combined their abilities to attack on both a physical and mental front. That meant they'd be after Lionheart shortly. No time to waste!

He sped up to the nearest craft and found the hatch open! Inside was a bay lined with a bench on each side and space for equipment such as food supplies and perhaps a large mounted machine gun. Up front the cabin appeared cramped but with seats for three pilots/crewmembers. And one seat was occupied.

She turned and gaped as Lionheart set Wandafar down. He could disarm her he figured, then toss her out of the hatch perhaps before she realised, or ... maybe he could persuade her to pilot this thing, seeing as he heard shouts and running footsteps of guards closing in!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 06 2017, 14:51

Admin wrote:She turned and gaped as Lionheart set Wandafar down. He could disarm her he figured, then toss her out of the hatch perhaps before she realised, or ... maybe he could persuade her to pilot this thing, seeing as he heard shouts and running footsteps of guards closing in!

Lionheart had a look of a man who wasn't about to enter into a discussion about the relative merits of engine size versus payload capacity. "Friend I need this craft, I am about to commit any number of treasonous actions to get my...'friend' away from that ninja and those telepaths, and I don't mind who I go through to get it. So the choice is yours, help me or I dump you now and do this on my own. But mind...no tricks I am not a man to be messed about."

Lionheart's lion suddenly glowed making it quite clear that he was a man of considerable power. He jumped into the other seat and started to familiarize himself with the controls as best he could by using his skill with vehicles to assess the controls and their functions.

OOC:Ok so let's get this show on the road, sorry for the delay in posting - I know these days a quick turnaround isn't so critical with all you got going on - so I am taking advantage of it amongst all I got going on.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 10 2017, 11:31

OOC This game is a calm of oasis I long for with all that's going on at the moment mate! Currently sat in a station car park waiting for a train so I will try my best to get a post rattled out and see what I can do later...

The pilot pulled a face, then took her eyes off Lionheart to adjust something on her belt and spoke.

Lionheart felt rather than heard a strange sensation in his ear, but when the pilot spoke, it came from the box whilst her mouth spoken words were in an alien tongue.

"...who you are but I can tell you this. With the base on lockdown every flight needs authorisation or it will be shot from the sky!" She glanced at Lionheart, looking him up and down, then at her gun. She shrugged, squeezed a shot off at Lionhearts leg and wasn't surprised when he didn't flinch. His danger sense hadn't even gone off, so it was no surprise to either of them that he stood there unharmed with the merest flicker of a force field.

Before even he could respond, the pilot holstered her gun, spoke in a clear voice "I am your prisoner, and will comply to save my life, but not perform any treasonous actions." then altered the box again to speak in a hushed voice. "There is... word... murmurings... of a man of ice who frees enslaved Empire crew and troopers from their masters yoke, offering freedom of will and choice! Are you he? I wonder though. You are not made of ice, but like him, you are... different."

Lionheart was still wondering why he'd let her shoot him when he looked up. Man of Ice? Frostbite???

She continued "I am Jarna Voxo 18654. Call me Jarna, but in truth I am one of a line of clones altered subtly so as to prevent degradation to the gene pool. There is an underground movement in the Empire. A transmission went out in the last few Klektons about a man of tremendous power, an outlander, who is gathering those who sicken of war to his cause! To even speak of them is treason! However I would rather die than to continue making war upon innocent aliens who cherish only peace and the right to live their life as they choose. In other words my programming, like many others, failed. We are still few against legions, however."

Then she glanced out the window at the approaching troops. "We need to go. I can ... bluff... a way off the camp but they will soon give chase. Where to?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next