The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1

2 posters

Go down

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 Empty The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1

Post  Admin Thu May 26 2011, 23:11

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 Wvtox4

The rain drove against the window, but those inside the small office of the University paid it little heed...

"Are you listening to me Moore? I said, our budget has been cut drastically, and that I was afraid you, and several others will soon be out of a job!"

John Moore looked up. "Ah yes, I heard. Sorry. Sorry to hear, I mean. Uh... talking of hearing? Do you hear that?"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

=========

Moore picked up his briefcase, holding it up above his head.

The rain continued to hammer down, freezing and chilling him to his core, but at least it was some respite from the interminable snow. Winter had been harsh, and the spring offered no solace, bringing as it would the feared invasion from Herr Hitler and his outlandish allies. He recalled the newspaper only this morning - there was panic about the headlines, and he could scarce believe them. Flying men? Jet packs? People able to toss tanks about like cardboard boxes? He shuddered. What could anyone do about that? The rumour wasn't just with one paper now either. It was on the radio, the Movietone news in the cinemas...

With a sigh he watched the bus pull away and looked about, finding a cafe. He needed a drink. He'd lost his job, and there was the infernal headache he couldn't shake, a booming noise in his head! If he didn't know better he could have sworn it was a drum!

=========

Shaking off his coat he draped it on the back of the chair.

Once more in his small flat, he sat down on the edge of the bed and considered his options. He glanced at the opened letter on the dressing table. Conscription. With a sigh he ran his hand through his hair, took his glasses off and breathed on them, polishing them with a cloth, but unable to take his eye off the letter.

"You're a good man."

The voice made him start, and he whirled, falling off the edge of the bed!

He looked round and saw... what the devil?"

"How did... who..? Shouldn't you be at...?" spluttered Moore.

"School?" chuckled the youngster. He was garbed in black from the neck down, his youthful features showing a wry grin on his face. "Not much point in having a school if the land falls into darkness. Tell me, Mr Moore. What do you know of the Lore Knights?"

Immediately, John Moore forgot about the mysterious youngster who'd entered his flat without being heard, was bone dry despite the rain and who knew his name. "What? the Lore Knights? Why, mostly myth and legend surrounding a small place in Wales. I went there in the summer years ago with my parents. Stuffy old fart wouldn't let me look around his castle, told me 'You'll get your chance' before his butler then told me to 'bugger off'. I haven't the faintest idea what he meant, but the Lore Knights - sometimes known as the Crusaders - were chosen to defend the land against 'that which man was not meant to know about'. Whatever that means. And you haven't answered my question!"

The youngster smiled, running a finger along the dresser. Moore was suddenly conscious of not having dusted. He blinked. He'd seen the boy run a finger along the dresser, but there wasn't a trail in the dust!

"Your country calls you Moore. That booming in the head? I heard it too... years... lifetimes ago. All will be explained. You'll get your chance to look round the castle too. And I can take care of that." said the boy, pointing at the letter. "I know people."

"I'm no coward!" said Moore, straightening. "I'll do my duty!"

"That you will. As a Lore Knight!" said the youngster, who walked over to Moore. "Take my hand, and say goodbye to..." he looked about. "Well, it's a dump isn't it?" he chuckled.

Moore was about to answer when the youngster took his larger hand in his own, and the world flashed bright white!

=========

The world came back into focus, and a voice said "You could try using the door, like everyone else!"

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 2czwyaa

Moore looked about. Then he saw the old man sat in a chair by the fireside in a well stocked, sumptuous library! The place was old, and reeked of old leather and ... well, money!

"I know you!" he spluttered. "But how...?"

The Old Man stood. "No time for that. best you be shown. If nothing else it will silence the booming in your head. Tell me, young man, how good is your knowledge of the Lore Knights?"

Moore thought for a moment. "As good as any I suppose. I was fascinated as a child. Who wouldn't be? Knights, maidens fair, villainous foes and derring do! Why it's..."

"When day is dark, and Evils might,
threatens to overwhelm the light,
warriors will rise..."

Said the Earl. Startled, Moore finished...

"...fighting evil evermore,
The Crusaders, the new Knights of Lore"

"Bravo." said the old man. He turned to the youngster. "He'll do. Chop chop. You have more strays to round up!"

The youngster scowled, then turned to Moore. "We'll meet again Mr Moore." Then he vanished!

"Who was... what...? How did... where are...?" spluttered Moore. The Earl raised an eyebrow. "It's the men of science and learning who have the hardest time accepting that which their eyes and ears tell them to be true. It's a kind of magic." he winked, then moved over to an old Grandfather clock, stopped the weights, turned the hands to midnight and glanced at the wall. A section opened, a secret doorway with worn stone steps leading down!

"Shall we?"

=========

During the climb down Moore heard from the Earl that which he knew, but had never believed!

"The land chose you. It's true! You were transported hundreds of miles in the blink of an eye here, to Caer Alwyn. You can check outside, after." said the Earl.

"After what?"

The old man scowled, only walking faster and ignoring Moores' questioning look. Finally, after leading the way through a dungeon like complex, passing ancient rooms and walking down time worn passages, they came into what appeared to be a throne room of sorts. A throne with a plinth set around it dominated the room, and in the plinth were indentations where swords would sit.

One of those was occupied.

"I know that! That's the sword Flaures! It's exhibited in France, in the museum at Paris. You've stolen it!" spluttered Moore. "Not that I ever believed the story. there's no way it could be authentic, why..."

"The boy borrowed it. It belongs here anyway. Damned Frenchies pinched it at some point I should think. And the French won't mind. They'll all be speaking German in a few months anyway, the way things are going. Idiots! A blind man could see the Maginot Line will no more present an obstacle to the Germans than would a sheet of tissue paper, and I'm not talking about that chafing stuff the Great Western Railway lot use either!" he harrumphed, shuffling uncomfortably. "The sword. It's yours if you want it. Just swear the oath again, pick the damn thing up and... well, we'll see what happens next."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 Empty Re: The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 27 2011, 21:44

Admin wrote: "The sword. It's yours if you want it. Just swear the oath again, pick the damn thing up and... well, we'll see what happens next."

John was feeling decidedly peevish. "Now see here, I won't consort with crim..." But one look for the stern eye'd man told him he was making a grave mistaken imagining that he was in the company of common thieves. The building he was in, the clearly love for the ancient, money - this man was no thief. Besides which he couldn't account for the boy, come and gone from nowhere. Peculiar yes, but also very real.

John pinched himself, just one final check. "No good going off with your head, John if you're hearts leading you about." He said to himself. The pinch confirmed what he knew deep down inside. He wasn't dreaming. Reluctantly steeping forward, he self consciously began to reach for the sword. Something within him snorted, Swords were all very well, but he thrilled to the adventures of Robin Hood and his merry men. That was the kind of hero he preferred. The dashing rogue.

Suddenly his hand froze above the sword, "Oh yes, the err, the words..." Clearing his throat, he said, hesitantly at first but then with conviction "When day is dark, and Evils might, threatens to overwhelm the light,
warriors will rise fighting evil evermore, The Crusaders, the new Knights of Lore"

At the sound of the final word he grasped the handle of the sword suddenly, fear and doubt had fled and for that moment he saw himself like a hero of old reclaiming a last piece in the puzzle that was his destiny that he may go forth once again and visit vengeance on the enemies of all that was right.

====
OOC: Over to you...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 Empty Re: The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1

Post  Admin Fri May 27 2011, 23:03

Bowcaster

A FLASH! Similar to a bolt of lightning, shot up John Moores' arm! He saw visions of a man running through forests, the sword at his side, a bow in hand as he stalked Saracens intent on assassinating a prominent English nobleman. The mans death would plunge England into war as one faction blamed another, and the assassins work would be done. He felt the bow creak quietly, oiled as it was, and the feathered shaft come to his cheek... then... HISSS!

Moore blinked.

He looked down on himself (OOC he's in costume, and in his hands is a bow made of glowing energy). The Earl spluttered "I will never fail to be amazed by the transformations that take place. Different, each and every single one. So. How do you feel?"

Bowcaster turned, about to answer. His body felt powerful, vibrant, in a way he'd never felt before. He was inches taller, heavier by a stone or two, and all muscle. He knew what he could do. He could fly! FLY!

He was about to shout this out when suddenly the world flashed again, and the Earl was left standing alone in the throne room. Again!

"I'll never get used to that either." he grumbled, and headed back upstairs, to the drinks cabinet.

=========

It was dark and cold, and Bowcaster crouched, bow half pulled. He was stood on the moors?

He shivered, but not from cold. Looking about, he saw the creaking grey edifice that was a distant castle. The way the setting sun had cast light on it made it seem shadowy and sinister. He squinted, and it was as if he was standing closer! He saw the rocks of the castle, worn and moss covered. The windows were long removed. There! Eerie lights reflected from within. What was he doing here? And how had he gotten here? He thought for a moment, then realised it was as the old Earl had said. A kind of magic. Magic! It was real, and not a dream! So, he'd been sent here, as a Lore Knight. Now what? He looked about again. Rolling hills and bleak moors. Nothing else for miles around, even with his incredible sight. He was here for the castle then.

Then he heard a cry from above!

Whirling, he looked up into the darkness... NO!

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 2nbrpqe

The shape that came whirling and tumbling down towards him was massive, stretching 10m from head to tail and the wingspan at least that wide! The mouth looked big enough to snap him clean in half, and the thing was coming right at him! Despite the chill through his bones, Bowcaster wasn't rooted in fear though! He was born to do this!

OOC I know you don't know the mechanics of the DC system, but we'll use this as an example to get you started. First off, initiative. D10 as usual, plus your initiative score. For every 3 points difference between winner and loser a frame to act. Roll of 5+19 (Bowcasters initiative)=24. The Dragon has 7 Dex, 1 Int and 5 Influence, so that's 13 + D10 roll of 6. 19 total. 7 points difference 3 frames then the Dragons 3 frames. It's about 100 yards away. Well within range of your bow (1/2 mile range in most respects. A 'normal' arrow from your magic bow has a range of 14APs - 16 miles - assuming you can actually see that far. Remember this is superheroes, so chuck physics out the window...). You have 3 frames to act (decide as normal - attack, use a power or skill from the character sheet, move, or do something else.) Powers take a frame to use. There's no energy dice or anything like that. When you feel a need to use a hero point (or more) roll an extra D10 per hero point and choose which two dice to use out of those you roll. Otherwise it's 2D10, doubles add and roll again, and double 1 always fails. Over to you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 28 2011, 07:28

Bowcaster
Admin wrote:
Whirling, he looked up into the darkness... NO!

The shape that came whirling and tumbling down towards him was massive, stretching 10m from head to tail and the wingspan at least that wide! The mouth looked big enough to snap him clean in half, and the thing was coming right at him! Despite the chill through his bones, Bowcaster wasn't rooted in fear though! He was born to do this!

John, or rather Bowcaster instinctively knew what to do, whether by the fact he felt born to do this or design of the magic that gave him his abilities, he pulled back the bow mentally picturing what he needed and shot high toward the head of the creature.

As the first arrow streaked like a silver blazing comet toward the beast, already he'd instinctively reached to his quiver and pulled what he knew he needed next and had the bow reloaded so fast he was struggling to comprehend what his hands knew to do. "How is this possible?"

He said within himself even as he thrilled at the possibilities of what he was doing. It was if his whole life of study, of looking back was really a deeper hunger to be connected to this, this object. As if his life was incomplete until now, until this moment when Bow and Bowcaster were reunited.

Again pulling back his bow, he fired as the great beast blotted out the remaining light, its shadow making it look even more menacing as the first arrow went off in a flash, followed by the second.

====
OOC:

OK I'm getting ready to go, so will re read up on mechanics later, and make appropriate rolls then. But for the time being, I'm aiming a flash arrow to blind the creature in one eye if not both, followed by a energy or shock arrow. I wasn't sure of firing an arrows was a frame or an action I think according to the new house rules. IN the old game its an action so I'd just get off the one arrow? OPPS edit just saw powers take a frame - so I assume I can get in three shots if that is the case here?

But if at all possible I'd love to have the equivilent of a quick shot, less damage or dividers but only take a frame or else I'll only get in two shots a round.

Anyway here are my two attack rolls - (I don't mind rolling dice, even web based one ;-)
2d10=8 (this is a double 4 so reroll 2d10 again?)
2d10=18(this is a double nine) 2d10=13 so if add all three rolls together = 39 (assuming I am rolling correctly here), second shot 2d10=15

So third shot again another energy arrow to follow the first:
2d10=8 Ok not so hot this time.

Ok so that was a nice little streak of doubles, shame it was on the flash arrow though! Unless I can allocate the rolls to what I need, in which case that baby is going on damage.

Over to you.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 29 2011, 21:49

Bowcaster

OOC Cracking roll! OK, here's a quick run through of what happens. Take your Flash (9) as Acting (AV)/Effect (EV) value. The opposing value (OV) is the Dragons Dex (7) and in this case, it's the resistance value (RV) too because Flash is an 'odd' power. (It attacks the senses). Target number is 11+OV (7)=18 -AV (9)=9 or over for success. You rolled 39. That boosts your EV by +15. (Every 2 points over the target and counting from 11 onwards adds +1 to EV). Your EV now compares against the Dragons RV. That's 9+15=24 vs 7. 17 points mean the Dragons Dex is reduced (to zero, can't go lower) for 17APs of time. 5 days! Your other rolls are not required with regards Flash. I will change those to straight up projectile weapon attacks (your magic unstoppable arrows).

Bowcaster fired an arrow of flaring white light in the path of the dragon. It exploded with the power of a sun, lighting up the sky and causing the Bowman to turn away (lest he be blinded by his own power!). When the light finally faded he turned and looked at the Dragon. It'd slammed into the floor and carved up the heaver in a path for near on a hundred yards! It rose nonetheless, furious and thrashing about!

OOC second shot, we use Weaponry (10) as AV against the Dragons Dex (now 0 thanks to the flash) as OV and Projectile Weapons (14) as effect value. Seeing as this is a shot he can make in his sleep, Bowcaster may as well go for a 'Devastating Attack' kind of a 'coup de grace' when you know you can strike someone with little fear of missing, in a key location such as eye, throat, groin etc. It will hurt at any rate. This boosts the OV by +8 points to 8 (from Zero). It also boosts your EV by 12 points if it hits, however (I still need to write these parts up, but I will use the best option for you guys until you know which ones to use yourselves). So, Target is 11+8(OV)-10(AV)=9 or more. The roll is 15, boosting the EV of Projectile weapons (14) by 3 points to 17. The Dragon has a RV (its body) of 9. The Devastating attack further boosts his EV by 12 points to 29. 29 (EV)-9 (RV)=20 points of damage. The Dragon had 9 body, so it's enough to render it unconscious (0 body) and then kill it (drop it to -11, when it died at -9 anyway).

Calmly pulling back an invisible string that came into sight with an arrow knocked, Bowcaster sighted on the targets chest, specifically where its heart was. He loosed, and instantly saw the Dragons chest disappear, sucked out through an enormous hole in its back, along with its vitals! Dead before it struck the floor, the thing sagged to the side and became little more than meat for the crows!

Walking over to the thing without fear, Bowcaster looked down. This was a creature that shouldn't exist! That he'd blinded it with a magic bow then kill it with a devastating shot to the chest! It never stood a chance!

Bewildered, amazed, slightly afraid of the power he wielded, Bowcaster looked up to the castle. He frowned, looking at the magic bow in his hand. Then he pointed both hands, clutching the bow, straight up.

AND HE FLEW!

Soaring up into the air he cried out, then looked down. The dark landscape flashed below him, and in a heartbeat he was soaring over the castle! It was clear the place was ancient, the roof having caved in on the upper floors. His incredible eyesight caught something strange away from the castle itself though. A set of steps leading down under the castle walls, to some kind of dungeon? Was there ... yes! An open door of some kind!

Hovering above the castle, Bowcaster wondered about all of this - he must be dreaming, and yet? There was something about the castle that was disturbing, but the stairs intrigued him, That open doorway. Had someone been here recently?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 30 2011, 16:59

Bowcaster

Admin wrote:Hovering above the castle, Bowcaster wondered about all of this - he must be dreaming, and yet? There was something about the castle that was disturbing, but the stairs intrigued him, That open doorway. Had someone been here recently?

OOC ok will have to read through the rules properly at some point reading through the numbers sounded complicated as compared to GH, but I can see how it better represents the game we're actually playing. In any case I think that is the first set of doubles I've ever got - or ever noticed because it makes a difference in any case.

Anyway onto the action.

====

John, Bowcaster could hardly believe the implications of all he was seeing let along experiencing. Part of his bring wanted to shut down as it tried to process the information that his senses were passing on. Sudden instant transportation! A Dragon! Now he was flying. It was like all his boyhood dreams were coming true all at once.

"Eat your heart out, Robin!" He said to himself, revelling in the joy of his new found powers. He held out the bow but then looking beyond saw the castle and the wall and the door.

Always a curious man, hence his desire to also explore the unexplored and find that which was lost as an archaeologist. Now he was wondering what else this place of surprises might contain. Eager also to test what other powers this amazing bow might possess, he flew down, marvelling at the sense of control and the ease with which his body fair slipped through the air, as if he was but a zephyr himself.

Touching down, senses alert for danger and excitement he moved quickly to the door. He looked all around before pushing gently to see if it might open to his touch.

====
OOC:

Ok I'll take a look beyond the door, although I am seeking to be alert to traps, or potential pitfalls that might occur from a direct move like this. I'm also alert to signs of other kinds of life or occupation as I move forward.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30 2011, 23:31

Bowcaster

OOC Having looked at the blurb I wrote for the combat, I can see how it might make your eyes glaze over Smile I started work (again!) on a new, easier to read Lore Knights rule document earlier today. All you need to know are these basics. When you attempting anything, you use something as the Acting Value (a stat, power or skill) and the Effect value (again, a stat, power or skill). The Acting value is your 'aim' so to speak, and the effect value is 'how hard you hit' whether it be in combat or figuring something out, climbing a wall, whatever it is you do. When you are the 'defender' (being attacked, or tested) you provide an opposing value (which goes up against the acting value. This, again, is a stat, power or skill) and a resistance value (now this is usually Body, for physical attacks, Mind, for mental attacks and spirit for mystical attacks, but it can sometimes be a power, and rarely, a skill.) Acting vs Opposing, Effect vs Resistance is how it goes. I'll try to explain better in the next fight.

Bowcaster lands at the worn stone steps and immediately sees something odd. Some... sense... inside tells him that a fight took place here, recently. With a frown he kneels, and looks around. The door is ajar. The footsteps in the green sludge that gathers on stone over time suggest someone was fighting, and the mashed rock near the entrance suggests someone missed... with a heavy weapon or perhaps, a fist?

Bowcaster frowned.

OOC Analytical Smell/Tracking Scent (9) used to identify a lingering scent. The Acting value is your power (9) and the opposing value is the scent (in this case, 4). The Effect value is your power (9, again) and the resistance value is, again, 4. Target number is 11+OV (4) - AV (9)= 6 or more. Roll is 8+7=15. That boosts the Effect value by +3 to 12. Effect value (12) - Resistance value (4) = 8.

Sniffing about he slowly stood. Cigar. Quality cuban make. very expensive and hard to get hold of. Where had he...

Bowcasters eyes widened... The Earls' home! He'd smelt these particular cigars there before he'd been transported away! What in the name of...?

He knelt again. It would be trickier to track the scent as the wind was blowing, but still...

OOC Normally to track an individual scent the OV/RV is 8. In this case, it's 5 because the cigars are distinctive and the smoker made no attempt to cover his tracks! So, AV 9 vs OV 5. Target is 11+5-9=7 or more. Rolled 10+5, 15. That boosts EV from 9 to 12 again. EV 12 - RV 5= 7. You can follow the trail for 7APs of time (8 minutes) before needing to check for the scent again.

Bowcaster stood and looked about. A fight took place here, but against whom? As best he could tell - however it was he was doing it - there were two people on one side, and... no one on the other? An uneasy feeling crept down his spine. Stepping into the doorway of the dungeon under the castle, he came into a corridor that ran left and right. With 100%, cast iron certainty, he knew the scent he'd found had gone left, and that he could follow it to its source if he hurried up.

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 Beyn8i

Bowcaster was once more surprised. It was dark in here, and he could see without problem! Was there no end to the list of amazing things he could do?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 31 2011, 12:21

Bowcaster

Admin wrote:Bowcaster frowned.

I'd not be too hard on yourself mate, until I've got some measure of this its all foreign to me. The other thing I'd love to know is when you've got the result of EC v RV = what the corresponding AP's equal. I appreciate you holding my hand, as it were, with this as I get used to the rules. Apart sound a bit abstract (AV v OV etc) it otherwise seems to work really quiet well.

====

Bowcaster was once more surprised. It was dark in here, and he could see without problem! Was there no end to the list of amazing things he could do?

Shaking his head, he had to focus. If the Earl had been here, had he been in a fight and captured? Standing around contemplating what else he could do, whilst interesting, would have to wait. Thankful for his enhanced senses he began to track the smell down the corridor, his hands forward with Bow at the ready.

OOC:

1. Ok continue to sweep with my eyes looking for traps, secret doors or murder holes above.
2. Am also keeping my eyes out for clues, like footprints or signs of what might have happened here, like tracks or other smells etc.
3. Whilst I'm scanning I'm also interested in the age of this place, its origin and therefore clues to the makers or its original purpose, writing, decoration or any markings, sculptures or distinct features etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31 2011, 20:58

Bowcaster

The scientist in Bowcaster estimates that the place dates back over 1000 years, based on the architecture and wearing of the stone floor. Since then, it'd been reasonably well maintained by someone. The floors were dust free, and there was surprisingly little damp seeping in from the walls.

Taking his time, being careful and still following the faint aroma of cigar, he comes to a branch in the corridor where it splits off to the left. Looking forward he sees another corridor in the darkness, nigh on 100 yards forwards, join onto the main corridor from the left. With a shrug he follows the trail of cigar smoke...

=========

Bowcaster first sees the rotting corpse lying in the corridor...

It's head has been bashed in, and recently, he estimates. Instead of blood, there's black ichor oozing out onto the stones which sizzles...

Past that, the corridor branches again and Bowcaster can clearly hear moaning and sobbing! Prisoners of some kind? Creeping up, he turns the corner of the corridor and sees a stout oak door locked and reinforced with steel fittings. There's a barred window in the door and quite a commotion going on inside...

The Lore Knights ride again! Bowcaster Issue #1 24fbfk0

OOC ignore the red line/trail, though that is the direction you're heading in.

Creeping forwards (OOC using Stealth:8 vs the smartest of those in the cell (3). They need a roll of 16 (11+8-3=16) or more to detect you, and even then need a much higher roll as Effect 3 vs Resistance 8 doesn't make a scratch...) Bowcaster is able to move up to the door without being seen or heard, and stands aside in the shadows looking in. Those inside are ordinary looking men and women, save dressed in soiled robes. There are a lot of people crammed into the room, and it's more or less standing room only. The women, and some of the men, are sobbing.

Bowcaster hears several snippets of conversation.

"...alarm then the masters would let us out?"

"...could shout, and get their attention. Someone has to free us!"

"I still have hopes of ..."

"...after this? You must be mad!"

"Think of it though! For sure, we would be ... like them... but eternal life!!!"

It's confusing, and hard to make out, but the people in there are clearly prisoners of someone.

A glance at the door reveals it would not take much for Bowcaster to open the lock with skill. Brute force would be much harder, mind.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 31 2011, 22:30

Bowcaster

Admin wrote:A glance at the door reveals it would not take much for Bowcaster to open the lock with skill. Brute force would be much harder, mind.

Mindful that prisoners might be a handful to get safely away from the Dungeon until he had ascertained what was going on and more importantly who held them, might not be wise. Bowcaster surmised.

Moving on, he continued to keep his senses alert for further clues as to what was going on and who might be behind it. But one thing was for sure, he had a growing sense of dread that what was going on was something sinister and dangerous. Perhaps this was all some sort of Nazi experiment, but then where had the dragon come from and how was it that the people spoke English? Question, questions but little answers. He had to press on.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01 2011, 03:08

Bowcaster

Bowcaster pushed on, stalking down the corridors with his bow at the ready. On rounding another corner, he saw the corridor fill with what appeared to be thick fog! What in the...?

Unable to penetrate the fog even with his special vision abilities, Bowcaster stalked forward... then heard voices!

Crouching, and creeping through the fog, now revealed to be - of all things in this place - cigar smoke, Bowcaster emerged through the 10 feet or so of cloud to see the back of someone pulling on what appeared to be a glowing rope. The rope went down into a pit, possibly a trap of some kind? Who or what he was pulling up was unclear, and Bowcaster didn't immediately recognise the fellow, until he recalled a film from a few years ago that had stood out because of the historical inaccuracies he'd spotted, being a scholar. Of course, his date at the time had stormed out, calling him an idiot and 'why can't you just enjoy the film?' before pushing past him and away.

The Sea Hawk!

But what on Earth was Errol Flynn doing here, wherever here was?

OOC Just about time to switch to Morningstars' thread. Buccaneer pulls Morningstar out of the pit and neither sees you in the shadows. They may have superhuman senses but your Thief skill makes you a world class skulker Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 01 2011, 07:16

Bowcaster

Admin wrote:
OOC Just about time to switch to Morningstars' thread. Buccaneer pulls Morningstar out of the pit and neither sees you in the shadows. They may have superhuman senses but your Thief skill makes you a world class skulker Smile

OOC: Ok I'm going to post into that thread now then.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum