The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1

Post  Admin Sat Jan 22 2011, 01:33

Codename: Silver Sentinel
alias Steve Jenson

OOC Harrys bombs wouldn't be accurate at that range, would fall short. And they are back at the base... As for his energy blast - he needs his armour around him to use his powers of energy blast and flight! There is a way around that though...

"Your gun!" hissed Steve. "What?" replied the Peeler. "I'm not giving you my ..." he stopped whispering as he saw the gun flow like water, breaking into droplets and form around Steves hand as a metal coating!

"By jove!" hissed the Peeler. "I knew what you could do but never..." He shook his head. "Hope you know what you're doing son!"

Steve now had a thin metal glove on his right hand. In hindsight he figured it would have been a better plan to change a couple of the motorbikes into his armoured suit, but figured this way he could use stealth. Besides, Harry was in his element. With a gesture and pointing up, Steve sent Harry up a tree and scurrying from branch to branch, his amazing agility making light work of the balancing and leaping from tree to tree!

=========

The Seaman turned, having heard something! He reached for his rifle and looked out into the darkness...

"Who goes zere?" he said in accented English.

"me." said Harry behind him! The man fair leapt out of his skin and whirled about, only for Steve and the Peeler to emerge from behind a tree! A blast of energy from the powerful metal glove that formed like cloth around Steves' hand saw the rifle shatter into pieces, and the man fall to the ground, dazed!

The Peeler rushed in and delivered a backhand to the mans face, flipping him over and yanking his arm up to immobilize him! With Harrys help, his struggles were futile!

"Who are you? And what the hell are you doing here?" Steve asked the man standing in front of him crossed armed as Harry had him restrained.

"I wont ask you again, who are you" asking this time as he roughly going through the mans pockets.
"we arent thugs and we wont hurt you unless we have to"

Finding matches, cigarettes, a photo of a young woman and a few hand scribbled notes - in German - Steve directed his questions to the fellow. The man simply stared straight ahead, refusing to answer!

"Look!" hissed Harry, reaching into the mans pack and pulling forth flares. "What're these for, eh?"

Just then the group heard what seemed to be some kind of high pitched humming! They couldn't see through the pine trees to find out what could make such a sound, but it was definitely getting closer! The Peeler looked up, seeing only the canopy of the trees, but whispered "Now what?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1

Post  smaug Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:35

"Now what?"

"Quick grab him and get out of sight" he shouted at the peelers indicating to the German "...and for gods sake keep him quite" One of the peelers then knocked out the shocked German on the second punch and proceed to drag him into the tree line with the help of the others

"What about the camp" shrieked Harry "Theres no time?"

"Dont worry, leave it to me and get to cover" Steve answered as he quickly rolled up the beding under a blanket to simulate the 'old sleeping person trick', then assorbing the smashed rifle and willing the metal to his chest under his black woolen jumper. All the while the humming was getting loader, almost deafening.

Steve just got to cover when....................

OOC:I would rather see what im dealing with first, so Steve is closest to the camp watching the clearing. I was guessing on the clothes, I assume he wouldnt have a uniform on or any markings of goverments or factions on him. Hows black trousers, black wool hat and jumper (its scotland its always cold)

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 23 2011, 00:30

alias Steve Jenson

As well as the rifle Steve was able to morph pots and pans, along with a kettle into a pair of metal skinned shoes. He was amazed at the way the metal, when in contact with his body, was much like a second skin and completely flexible! With a pair of metal shoes and a glove, he now had access to his powers of flight and energy blasting, but the protection was still lacking...

The thrumming sound overhead got louder and louder and Steve glanced to the bushes where the Peeler had dragged the now unconscious seaman. Harry stayed hidden high in the branches of a tree.

Just then what could only be described as a flying saucer dropped low over the water and hovered. The thing was around 15m across, silver metallic and with a silver bubble on top. Underneath the saucer a pale yellow light shone and fins whirred faster than the eye could see, providing propulsion and the ability to hover! Steve had never seen its like, and marveled at the technology needed to make such a vehicle! It was too far out over the water for him to affect with his special power, but seemed to be hovering in place as if waiting for a signal. Steve glanced at the flares and guessed they were waiting for a flare to be waved or thrown out onto the water by the Seaman, but for what purpose he couldn't tell!

Harry hissed down from the tree "What now? We maybe need to get back to tell the others about this thing, but what's it waiting for? where's it gonna go?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Jan 23 2011, 10:41

Harry hissed down from the tree "What now? We maybe need to get back to tell the others about this thing, but what's it waiting for? where's it gonna go?"

"No we've come this far and what if its hostile, the locals wouldnt stand a chance Harry"

Steve turned to the peelers who at this point forgot they were susposed to be hinding and stood there jaws on the floor "can you call back and inform them of our situation and ask should we signal the craft with the flares?"

"somehow we have no signal, how strange. The craft must be blocking our coms" reply the peeler.

OOC: sorry I thought my reply was a bit short, you dont have to go with this If you dont want to.

IC:"God help us" Steve said under his breath "Here goes nothing" and Steve sparked the flares and started waving his arms."You chaps better stand back this could get hairy"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 23 2011, 22:43

alias Steve Jenson

The Peeler shrugged "We have no radio with us. It would need someone to go back and tell the others, or find a telephone."

Steve nodded, broke open a flare and started waving it around. The thing was blinding to look at, but aside from throwing out light and sparks, nothing else happened - the saucer continue hovering over the Loch.

"What now?" shouted Harry over the thrumming sound. "Throw it in the water?" suggested the Peeler. "If only that we don't get covered by smoke and at least can see!"

Steve shrugged, and tossed it out across the water...

Suddenly the Saucer span up underneath, and dropped down over the sizzling flare! The speed of the thing increased so much that trees started to lean in towards it and the water started to froth, then whip up in a whirlpool underneath the vehicle! It was only 25 or so metres from the shore, and the whirlpool started to widen - enough that the saucer could slowly start to descend into it, into the depths of Loch Ness!

"Now I've seen everything." muttered the Peeler as he moved to stand next to Steve.

OOC The saucer is going into the water - the whirlpool it's formed is making a tunnel of sorts to the depths, though what lies there who knows?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Jan 23 2011, 23:47

"Blimey Geogre" exclamed Harry

"You said it. Look Harry Im going to need you to go back with the peelers and protect them" Steve said looking at the peelers and giving them a knowing wink as if to say 'I know you guys would be fine anyway but take him with you'.

"sure thing .....................wait where are you going? Your not going down there are you thats crazy?

"We need all the allies we can get if we are going to win this war, maybe be I can persuade who evers down there to join us..."

"And if they are already with the nazis?"

"then dear Harry we'll stop them and we'll have one less enemy to worry about. Your wasting time now you better get going". Without another thought Steve dived head first into the depths not given enough time even for Harry to wish him good luck.

OOC: Ok what does Steve see? an underwater base? and can I use my powers to make a 'door' in a airlock or the side of the craft without flooding either? Yeah bring it on.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 25 2011, 00:58

alias Steve Jenson

Harry looked hurt, like he was being deliberately excluded. "I'm not a kid y'know." The Peeler, sensing a hissy fit coming on, placed a fatherly hand on his shoulder. "No son, that's not it. I need to get back to the others and you're my best chance of doing that. We need back up on this, and besides, the big wigs said they wanted it filming"

With that, Steve launched himself into the depths... and immediately found the extra weight of his metal clothing restrictive! He started to flounder in the water, then concentrated, and the metal flowed away, floating to the bottom of the shallow water he was in!

Breaking the surface and taking a big gulp of air, he found himself dragged out almost immediately by the swirling whirlpool in the Loch. As it was, it proved to be a lifeline - without breathing apparatus of some kind there would have been no way to swim to the freezing depths of Loch Ness. As it was, Steve was flung round and round in the funnel, getting lower and lower whilst still able to grab mouthfuls of air. A normal man would have died, but he clung on for all he was worth to life and spun round, and round...

The oppressive feeling of doom as water closed in high over him and made all go dark was tangible - he could near taste it! Below, the saucer continued to spin, creating its artificial vortex and only been hit by spray rather than the weight of the water crushing down.

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 2 2ez2qzk

Steve gasped in amazement - in the darkness below was some kind of base - but the ship was off target! He had thrown the flare in the wrong spot, and the ship would come down on nothing!

OOC This presents him with a real dilemma - he's hundreds of feet down in the water, 10m up in an artificial vortex created by a flying saucer and about to find what it feels like to be crushed at depth. The Nazi base is some 30m or so to the right, and the ship will need to change course somehow or be crushed by it's own vortex. And maybe steve with it! Lots of belief suspension with this one - but it's the sort of thing you'd have seen in a cheesy film serial back in the day, Buck Rogers etc...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Jan 25 2011, 21:10

Just then Steve caught in the corner of his eye a flashing strobe that pulsed with a almost warm glow, the flying saucer obviously spoting it too started to change direction towards the base. With the cold penatrating his muscles now Steve Jenson cursed himself

'This is it ' he thought as the edges of his vision started to fade like a fuzzy camera lens slowly closing.

'Dam foolish pride, why do I always have to prove myself' was the last thoughts of the silver sentinel as he closed his eyes and fell into his merky grave of the abys ................................... Little did he know that wasnt the end, for at just that moment a tractor beam formed a bubble around Steve and pulled him towards the craft.

HOURS LATER

"Er ist kommend ringsherum (he's coming round)" said a distant voice in german.

"make sure za preperations are in order (german again)."

This time the words were much stronger. Steve grasped very quickly what had happened even before he opened his eyes. He took time In listening to his suroundings, jugding how many people were in the room, where they were and what his restraints are made of not that he needed to feel the cold steel to know it was metal he could sense it before he felt its touch, almost smell it.

Steve could of melted the manacles and try to make a break for it but he thought to himself to make the best of a bad situation and find out some info on the enemy.

"WAKE UP" said a heavy german accent. "I SAID WAKE UUPPPPPPP" follow by a leather glove slaped round his face.

'Time for me to start my acting lessons' "Argh" Steve answerd out loud"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 26 2011, 00:07

alias Steve Jenson

OOC We'll go with that Smile RPGing is storytelling and if you throw me a curveball the story becomes more 'alive' as neither knows quite where its going - just don't jump too far in a new direction otherwise it'll have me scratching my head and wondering 'eh?' Smile

Steve woke and immediately felt crushing, oppressive heat! In fact he was sweating profusely, and the cuffs on his wrists were burning! Looking about, he found the light blinding too - where was...?

The punch whipped his head around, then a rough hand grasped his chin. Blinded by lights he tasted blood in his mouth and waited till his eyes adjusted. "Who are you?" growled an accented voice.

Joe saw the voice belonged to a man dressed head to toe in a white canvas like suit, save for rubber boots and leather gloves. He wore a glass domed helmet and presumably the suit served to protect from the oppressive heat. All about, the floors and walls were of metal and panels with winking lights lined the walls. The Nazi turned to others dressed like him in the room, though there were some that stood out because of drastic differences! These were dressed in dark red hood and cloak and towered over the Nazis, standing nigh on 7 feet tall with imposing forms. Their knees were reverse jointed, like a horses hind legs, and the skin - what showed of it - was near black, and reptilian. The faces had long crocodile like snouts and blank orbs for eyes. Three fingered hands manipulated controls and it became apparent that the thing had four arms. The tail that coiled outwards from the back seemed a separate, living thing, whipping about like a snake!

"Kill him!" shouted another Nazi across the room. "He is a local who saw what he should not be seeing. He may be missed, but by then our plans will have come to fruition!"

One of the reptilian creatures turned, and rasped in a cold, monotone voice "The human has a different heat signature to you. He is... enhanced..."

The Nazis gasped, grabbing for weapons!

OOC plenty of metal around Steve - the floors, walls, cuffs... Over to you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Jan 26 2011, 20:51

OOC: sorry about the drastic change in direction I just felt that was the only answer ....... that or death and i thought it was a bit soon for that. Anytime you fell like giving me options rather than me throwing curveballs and potentially wrecking the story just say I dont mind, Im still learning.

IC:"Course me body temperture is different mister Ive bin in da freezing water and Ive probably caught somethang" Steve said in his best scotish accent trying to buy himself time as he started melting the cuffs and the back of the chair giving him his powerfull energy gaultlets.

Some of the nazis believed him as lowerd there weapons while others looked at each other loadeing and cocking their rifles.

"He recognizes me from the town, Im the chief inspectors brother" Steve nodded in the direction of the nazi who shouted 'kill him' early.

As some of the room turned to look at the nazi the sentinel was assorbing the floor hoping he was still under water and the loch would start pouring in.

OOC: OPTION 1:Im going to make a dash for the nearist hatch to the next room, assuming its water tight (you know like the ones on subs with the big steel wheel for locking it down) if the loch does start pouring in. I would like to use my frames for running to the hatch but if any nazis are in the way give them a quick blast or push then if i have enough frames quick blast the door from the other side.

OPTION 2: If no water comes through the floor is there a light I could blast instead as a distaction?

Is this possible?
affraid

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 27 2011, 14:42

OOC I need to grab a bit of time to update your post but in the meantime:

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 2 5priqg

OOC Hope it turns out ok, I can shrink it to make it smaller, any changes needed let me know
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Jan 27 2011, 20:46

OOC:Wow thats great, wonder where you got the picture mmmm scratch lol
I was thinking something like this:
World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 2 Hm3-be11
because I didnt want to look to much like Iron man ......................but I cant say no to the big man, I mean just look at him, one word SEX. Also I didnt know what to do for the face, adding a helmet always made me to Iron man-ish

Thanks alot for the private message, it means alot to me

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28 2011, 20:37

alias Steve Jenson

The metal flowed like a living thing from the steel alloy handcuffs around Steves' wrists and hands as a pair of gloves. there were confused looks around the room as the nazis there tried to remember who this madman was and from where they remembered him!. "Does he mean Fort Augustus or Glen Cairn?" one asked. Another added "i don't even think he is scottish..."

The large dark creature who'd spoken added "Thisss humann isss nottt norrmmal." The Nazis instantly pulled their weapons up!

Steve had bought himself enough time, however, to have a section of floor peel up and flow across him like liquid! He was disappointed to see underneath there were metres of pipes and struts, and deeper than that, essential machinery in the darkness, though the heat coming off them was intense!

"Did you see that!" "Who is this man?" "How can he do that to the metal!" "kill him!" "No you fool! The Ricochet my kill us all!" "Grab him!"

The Nazis rushed forwards, and despite his armour, Steve found himself shoved back, cursing his lack of superhuman strength like some of his team mates had demonstrated! He was in a fix now and no mistake! With half a dozen Nazis pressing on him and forcing him back against a wall he could go without a fight... or open fire with his energy. The Nazis comment about a ricochet and possible effects on the ship struck home though - he might be signing his own death warrant!

"Ssssurrrenderrrr... or dieeee" hissed the large dark skinned reptilian creature!

OOC It takes a full round to morph the metal into the suit, meaning the Nazis watch it happen, slack jawed, then burst into life and grapple Steve against a wall. He can open fire and nail a few of them at point blank range, but the risk of sinking this ship and drowning all on it is a possibility... Hey, no one said being a hero would be easy Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Jan 28 2011, 21:49

'I wonder whats behind this wall behind me' thought Steve, 'screw it anythings better than here'.

"Ssssurrrenderrrr... or dieeee" hissed the large dark skinned reptilian creature!

"mmmmm decisions" Steve said pretending to mull it over in his mind "How about secret option number 3?"

OOC:Ok how long would it take to disolve the wall behind me either so i could escape through (can I seal it after to buy me some time)or if its an outter wall cause panic with the on coming water?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28 2011, 23:19

OOC You can dissolve the wall in 2 frames with reasonable roles. Against metal your power is very, very potent. Bear in mind the Nazis will be able to grab hold of Steve and will tumble where he tumbles. If it takes any longer than that, they'll start to drag him away 9though his weight will hinder them in that regard). So he has options - floor underneath or wall behind. Bear in mind he can't do anything fancy - part metal, make it come to him, then solidify into a lump. When it forms around his own skin, then the metal seems to come alive, and becomes a second skin in just about every respect.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Jan 29 2011, 10:55

OOC:Ok then Im going to target the pipes etc that are exposed in a attempt to create more of that intense heat as I should be far enough from it now using whatever I can to get the Nazis of me (quick blast etc). Any good mate?

IC:"mmmmm decisions" Steve said pretending to mull it over in his mind "How about secret option number 3?"
And with that Steve blasted and struggled to get an arm free then aimed at the gapping hole in the metal floor.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 29 2011, 22:55

alias Steve Jenson

Steve, grabbed and manhandled as he was to the floor, still managed to thrust out a hand. He could almost feel the metal leaning towards him! Suddenly there was a hiss, and freezing cold steam pulsed upwards, filling the room with white freezing fog!

OOC Steve takes 3d6 (roll 8htk) from the intense cold. He'll continue to take damage every round until he gets out of the place, as will everyone else in the large room.

The Nazis screamed, some clutching frozen stumps where fingers had been, one man gaping in horror at the frozen wound where his arm had been snapped off! The gas, similar to nitrogen Steve guessed, was paralysingly cold! When the fog got near the dark hooded figures it seemed to condense, however, and turn into icy droplets! The dark figures hissed in fury and glowed deep red, emitting greater heat to combat the icy death creeping about them! There were several doorways leading from the room - any could lead into greater trouble than Steve was in now, but the red flashing light and klaxon blaring hopefully meant the crew would be preoccupied with taking emergency measures! As if in response the ship lurched... and there was an ominous groaning sound... Suddenly the ship listed violently to one side and the hiss of water bursting through in thin streams from the ceiling suggested the structural integrity of the vessel had been badly compromised!

OOC to put it mildly. This thing is going... DOWN! Over to you Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Jan 30 2011, 16:21

"Score one to the good guys I'd say" Steve said as he tried to shake off the cold. Stumbling about as the ship lurched Steve made his way to the door.

OOC:Im going to try for the nearest door and try to seal it behind me if possible to buy me time. If anyone gets in my way I'll try using the unstable ship to my advantage and push them into the steam or energy quick blast if they are at more of a distance.

IC:"Theres got be to some way off this bucket full of bolts?" he exclamed just as he spoted a loan nazi running in his general direction in panic.

OOC:I would like to try to disarm a lower ranking grunt and attemp to question him quickly but quietly about getting out of there. Then when Ive got the info knock him out melt some metal restraints to him and steel his uniform. Hopefully in the panic no one will know its me (hopefully) but keep my sentinel gautlets under the standard issuse nazi leather gloves (too much??) and grabbing his weapon ..........(rifle etc not sexual harassment)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 01 2011, 10:58

alias Steve Jenson

Steve moved quickly to a doorway as screams echoed in his ears. With one coolant pipe ruptured another machine quickly overloaded and somewhere there was an explosion in the ship! Making his way into a lopside corridor as the ship tumbled towards the bottom of loch ness (OOC which is DEEP!) he saw few in the way of Nazis. One youngster - a sailor of some kind - was opening a hatch set into the wall with a wheeled handle. He shouted something in German before he realised whom he was shouting at, then fumbled with nerveless fingers for a gun at his side before Silver Sentinel was on him! Though having only ordinary human strength a backhand from a gauntleted hand hurt plenty and sent the young man - not much younger than Steve admittedly - crashing to the floor. He looked up in panic and Steve placed a hand on the floor near him, gathering metal around in a great globule of metal goop! into this he grabbed the young mans hands and thrust them into the goop, dropping his concentration. The young man cried out as he staggered to his feet, his hands encased in a foot square mishap-pen lump of metal!

It wasn't the tidiest job but it would do the trick!

The biggest problem now appeared to be a language barrier - the Nazi knew little if any English, and Steve hardly anything in the way of German! Cursing, he turned as footsteps and shouts came from either end of the long corridor he was on.

Then a terrific explosion rocked the ship and flames began billowing up the corridor! Steve turned - more flames coming from the other way, and him with his captive Nazi in the middle!

"Der Notausstieg! wir müssen gehen!" shouted the German, thrusting his metal lump at the doorway he was trying to open!

The flames were getting hotter and another explosion rocked the ship - soon it would start to break apart! Thankfully the billowing flames died some 10m or so in both directions from Steve, but there was an ominous cracking sound... and he saw a split in the ceiling carry to the wall, the floor, and beyond, as the groan of tearing metal filled his ears!

OOC Silver Sentinel hasn't got long before he finds himself at the bottom of Loch Ness in a metal suit with no air supply!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:28

After melting his gun and part of the the floor to the german Steve jumped when he heard
an ominous cracking sound... and he saw a split in the ceiling carry to the wall, the floor, and beyond, as the groan of tearing metal
Seeing the fear for his life in the mans eyes and realizing that leaving the young man to his watery grave made him no better than the Nazis Steve said to the the german
"Im going to release you now ok?"
like speaking loader would help the language barrier as he melted the metal gloop from his hands and reassorbing it.

With a nod from the sailor he then got up. Obviously still weary of the young man Steve stood back and let the young sailor make his escape and followed suit helping him with the wheeled steel door.

OOC:Im following the Nazi in the hope he knows how to escape any sign of the reptile man?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 01 2011, 23:21

alias Steve Jenson

OOC funny you should mention the salamander like beings...

With a touch Steve caused the metal to flow away and the soldier gasped, free of the weight. He looked about, then saw more flames bursting from ruptured pipes behind walls. The ship shuddered again, and the flames beat back the soldier from racing away from this metal skinned madman! Then, from either end of the corridor and the thick flames that billowed across them, a dark hooded creature, the reptilian things that towered above mere men, started to stride towards Steve and the soldier! In a panic the soldier spun the wheel, gasping with the effort and finally shoving the door open. He scrambled in - to what appeared to be a small metal enclosed room, window at the end and showing the inky blackness of the depths of Loch Ness! Some kind of escape pod? Or a trap? There would be no running from here should the creatures corner Steve!

They strode forwards and Steve saw the soldier reach for a lever on the wall. He turned to the metal skinned man and searched for the word. "In?" he struggled.

Somewhere in the ship a massive explosion rang out, sending the ship tumbling to its doom at the bottom of the loch! Only seconds remained before it broke up!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Feb 02 2011, 07:52

OOC:Ow very nicely done.

They strode forwards and Steve saw the soldier reach for a lever on the wall. He turned to the metal skinned man and searched for the word. "In?" he struggled.

"Like I have a choice" Steve answerd proberly more to him himself than the german whos english was more than limited. 'I doubt thats the last I'll see of my scalely friend though' were his last thoughts as the door closed behind them leaving Steve alone with the Nazi soldier.

OOC:And que cheesey elevator music but are we going up ........or down into a trap?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03 2011, 00:33

alias Steve Jenson

Normally the escape pod would have been used in space, and fired outwards and away from the host vessel. Underwater? It was a problem!

As the German pulled the handle a door slammed from the ceiling behind the Sentinel as he stepped into the pod and the pod fired forwards, throwing Steve back with a clatter as he bounced off several walls! The escape pod lanced through the water, whilst behind, scant seconds later...

The ship EXPLODED!!!

The escape pods internal lights flickered and died, whilst the pod itself was thrown end over end through the water by the shock wave! Silver Sentinel struggled to right himself whilst the young German was tossed about inside the pod, bouncing from every wall!

Suddenly there was an almighty crash! Outside the pod alarms blared and sections of corridor sealed off...inside Silver Sentinel could see through the cracked window that they'd smashed directly into the undersea base, and water was pouring off the pod whilst the distinct smell of burning filled the inside of the pod! Steve pulled the handle he'd seen the young German pull.

It snapped off in his hand, whilst behind him a panel exploded, showering Silver Sentinel in sparks whilst what smelt very much like some kind of fuel started to pour all over the floor of the escape pod!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Feb 03 2011, 08:03

OOC:Can I see where the fuel is coming from? If so can I attempt to seal it of by melting metal around it to patch to tank it came from or slowing it down?

IC:"Out of the frying pan and into the fire ......literally" Steve exclamed.

The silver sentinel tryed melting the panel with his metal forming powers but with so many different types of alloys it was unaffective. He then turned his attention to the fuel rushing in over the floor and tryed once again to melt surrounding panels to what he beleaved was the source of the leak.

OOC:Does he succeed? Can I fly under water by the way?

IC:Helping the battered and bloody Nazi to his feet Steve pressed his hand to the broken door, the metal as if was made of solder first turned into a mirror like liquid and then melted up his arm. 'I dont think Im ever going to get used to this' thought steve.

Steve tryed for the nearest hatch to seal off the water that was coming in quicker and quicker by the minute thanks to there entrance.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03 2011, 23:20

alias Steve Jenson

At his command the metal of the escape pod flowed to become an ungainly looking but effective seal against the fuel escaping! It was still leaking out somewhere, just not into the small cabin! Hoisting up the stunned Nazi he gestured towards the wall of the pod which flowed outwards, parting for him to step out onto a metal walkway. Water was pouring in a torrent past the escape pod, but another gesture simply sealed the gap, albeit there was now no telling where the escape pod ended and the corridor began - it was all melded into one untidy mass.

Steve turned. He had heard the booted feet coming towards him from both directions in the corridor but couldn't be distracted from plugging the leak he'd made!

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 2 257jh92

A man in a white jumpsuit with bright red boots and gloves - and a swastika on his chest - stood in front of lots of German troopers! There must have been 10 behind the man in white, and a group of 20 from the other end of the corridor! Below Sentinels feet was metal floor, around him, metal ceiling and walls.

"Ve appear to hef an intruder" said the man with strangely glowing blue eyes. "He makes a mess off our undervater base und zen fixes it. Ve hef not seen your like before. Tell me... before we incapacitate you and torture you for information... who are you, metal man?"

OOC Silver Sentinel is heavily outnumbered but that shouldn't be a problem to a hero Smile he can fly underwater, but turning is a pain and it takes a round to get up to his full speed (so divide his flight speed by four and you will have his acceleration rate). There's still a smell of fuel from somewhere around the pod that Steve can't see, and the unconscious Nazi is on the floor by his feet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next