The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My posting rate...

+2
Steeple_jackuk
Admin
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My posting rate... - Page 2 Empty Re: My posting rate...

Post  Admin Sat Oct 06 2012, 03:58

Good to have you back! 03.57 here not long finished work and need to hit the sack. Am a day or two behind on posting but will be up to date later today (Saturday)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:26

I'm back and about to see what dastardly things are happening to Anyman.
Great Professional convention. Then I came home and got sick. bah!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05 2012, 15:20

Still alive, just on night shifts so my posting will be at funny times! Cheers!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29 2012, 14:41

Updates later - I know Frostbite is up next Dave, so don't worry. Believe it or not all these separate threads are building up to an event which might (or not) shape the game to come.

If at any point you guys want to say "look, we all agree we want a <insert thing, type of campaign, different style of play etc> let's do it" don't be afraid to say so, I'll not get offended! Rather than simply hitting the reset button and all of your waking up after week long comas somewhere else, I wanted to wrap this 'crisis on a single earth that spills into infinite ones' in such a way as to leave no loose ends... That said, with real life commitments and so on, playing this stuff out takes time.

And we're still in late 1941. Depending on what you guys do and how this turns out, you might stop the Devourer and continue as heroes in the 40s... Anything is possible...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 27 2012, 23:12

Well, I'll be honest, I was a bit rubbish Smile I'd convinced myself I didn't want the job (less money, worse pension, having to work for a living again *whistle*) but after the interview felt like I really should have tried harder and at least put myself in with a shout, then decide whether I want it. Oh well, it was good experience, the first interview in 12 years and showed how woefully out of touch I am. I used to be good at these sort of things, what with changing jobs every couple of years, but since being on the railway it's kind of been the safe, half decent paying option and I've settled into a routine (usually goes: get little or no sleep, go to work, repeat).

Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens but I'm expecting a 'thanks for turning up but you were rubbish so get lost' letter. I've no problem with that - the next job I go for I'll a) make sure I really want it and b) put the time in to properly impress on the interview. You get a gut feeling when things go well with this sort of thing, and that was entirely absent, which is my fault. As I said, I'll learn from it, and I've lost nothing, so no real harm done. It wasn't my 'dream job' rather something different to do.

Besides, that I won't need a job when I win the lottery. I've got it all planned out. It's the same plan I've had for 20 years (or however long the lottery has been running... Rolling Eyes )

Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

My posting rate... - Page 2 Empty Opps sorry I missed these posts

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 27 2012, 23:00

Hi Paul

I missed these posts, because for some reason I never get an email telling me someone has posted here. Anyways how did the interview go?

I always assume when you're posting rate drops back that real world has taken over. I am fortunate in that I can get a lot of time at my computer with some flexibility in how I can reply. But not everyone is so fortunate, so I am fairly understanding/try to be patient ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:45

As mentioned a couple of posts ago, I'm swotting up for a job interview so my posting will be spotty until Thursday, when things are back to normal. Hopefully y'all are alright with that!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 21 2012, 23:04

Righto. Have fun! Will try my best to get us to a place where the story has a short lull... and will probably use the time to get the next phase of Lore Knights game testing started.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 21 2012, 20:43

Just a heads up, the 28th through the 2nd I will be out of touch. Going to a professional conference and neither laptop nor cell phone for internet connections. Very old school. Just computer at home and work. Cool
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 21 2012, 16:25

update later today (been having a rough couple of days). wife's car failed MOT so had to run around getting bits, then fitting them (not hard - front brakes, exhaust and a few bulbs) in the rain made me wonder if it was worth the couple of hundred quid I saved by fitting them myself Sad Oh well, at least it passed ok. My wallet doesn't think it's ok, mind Sad

Then had kid all day today - even as I speak he's eyeing up the laptop and wondering if he can punch the screen and run off before I stop him. *nnngh*

Other than that am swotting up for a job interview, but not doing very well. It's on Wednesday next week and have already convinced myself I don't care if I don't get it, which can't be good. Means an easier life (passenger trains from Leeds to London and back) for less money and with a much worse pension.

Hmmm.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 03 2012, 14:39

Last day then kids back at school tomorrow (hooray!) which means a) I can get near my own computer again and b) won't have someone nagging me quite literally, all the time!

Thanks for hanging in there - my aim is to update very day this week, but not sure if I will get chance today (in bed around 18.30 because I'm up at 01.00 for work...)

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:05

Update later today. Family stuff (and today lumbered with toddler before going to work) delay things as usual. Kids will be going back to school at some point and hopefully back to normal then Smile Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 08 2012, 13:47

Realize we're getting to the stage where delays might spoil the action (its about to come thick and fast) so will try my absolute best to update at least once a day. On 12 hour (ok, 13 hour this morning) shifts till Friday then off for 3 days, so the updates will come at funny times, brought to you from the delights of Immingham docks and Drax power station!

Oh, and let's see if you are paying attention...

It's not a total solution, but you recently set up the cause of your own downfall... and possibly your salvation!

I'll leave you to think on that Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29 2012, 10:10

Tried to update at 4am, but was out in the middle of nowhere and no signal Sad Off to bed for a couple of hours then will get stuck in, thanks for your patience guys. On another note, finally getting fed up of what I do and where I do it and who I do it for (the job), so will be applying for a job in Australia as well! (the Saudi job looks like a low/no hope)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 27 2012, 20:55

Don't forget all your Olympic fun to be had this coming week! alien
I have a game con to go to this weekend so I don't know if I will reply much until Monday.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 27 2012, 15:13

Update later - heads all over place with night shifts. Got home, watched kids for a couple of hours (this morning) went to bed for 1 hour, got up, took kid to park, watched kids, going back to bed, back to work. Somewhere in all of this will find some 'me' time and update Smile Cheers, paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 14 2012, 16:18

I think I have less than a 1% chance with the job *shrug* but looking out for others.

I will try and update tonight. On night shifts, and my posting time yesterday was taking up trying to 'fix' google chrome which was virus ridden apparently, though it may be that their latest release doesn't play nice with me (https errors, clinking on anything in google search sent me to spam sites). Bottom line - I reverted to a version from 2011 and so far it's playing nice.

Anyway, updates later on, need to hit sack now Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Jul 12 2012, 21:47

Good luck with the job mate.

I also saw spiderman, i like that he's wise cracking like the web slinger I've been brought up with but i don't like that he's like it as Peter parker & he's not geeky enough.

I've booked tickets for the dark knight too bad news is my other half is coming too, i know i sound harsh but she's talks over every film EVER. So if i end up killing her do you think the police will understand?

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 12 2012, 00:11

Been a busy couple of days - spent most of yesterday sorting out my cv (applying for a job in saudi arabia, but have near zero chance of getting it. Still, gotta be in it to win it etc) and tonight went to watch Amazing Spiderman. Not so amazing, more like average, but it was ok.

Have already booked tickets for Dark Knight Rises on Imax Smile

Should be back up to speed tomorrow and next few days, as don't have any crisis (crisises?) coming up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 09 2012, 13:55

Especially infections around the brain. Hard to think Very Happy
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 09 2012, 11:48

No probs David, we'll still be here Smile I've been working all weekend, have 4 days off then working next weekend so I'm juggling the whole family, house, work thing as well (no chance to relax when I have days off Sad ). Get well soon anyway - never much fun when your body stops working like it should Sad

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jul 07 2012, 14:13

Been sick, taking antibiotics - infected nose, throat and ears. Going to be busy thru Weds. Not sure when I can post before that.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 29 2012, 15:17

Thanks for that reminder that somewhere in the world there is still a season called summer, just not here (it's kind of an early/extended autumn we have, with the odd week of sun.) I think this year will break a number of 'since records began' landmarks as far as rainfall goes. I've no idea what the Olympics will be like, save that anyone visiting the UK for it should bring a brolly, and possibly scuba gear...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 29 2012, 13:51

Sorry to hear that. If it helps, it will be 103 degrees today where I live. Heat Index will take it up over 115 degrees. And I will be outside without A/C in the afternoon.

That probably is not a bad as you having to watch for falling rocks and holes in the track though.

clown
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:45

Still here, not sure when I can update (will be over next 24 hours) because of all the nasty weather/landslides/flooding/train derailment (and subsequent rolling over end over end down a hill) after hitting a 'car sized rock'. Not one of my trains, but it effects everything I do so 12 hr shifts and 12 hrs between :(

On the (sort of) plus side I've been writing up more and more of the Lore Knights game, about 9 pages in and about to start on the a-z powers list. Do we have grades (as in Golden heroes) or individual ranks, for example:

Lionheart

Telekinesis grade 3
Each grade gives an effective +5 strength so grade 3 is +15

or

Telekinesis 15

Whichever is easier really for you guys. It's based on the lore knights game rules and will need one more game to playtest once its done, but I've finished off combat just about (just doing the 'attacking big groups of mooks' rules) skills have changed/become better because they work in the same way hero points do - add an extra die per level, choose which two dice to use and drop the rest. Skills range from 1 (trained) to 5 (elite, legendary around the world). Melee combat is even simpler than before. Rather than a roll to hit, there is an opposed roll for each combatant, highest wins, and the difference between rolls determines how well you strike.

e.g.

Jade Hood (Martial Arts level 4, Strength 3, Combat Skill 8) attacks a giant robot (Combat skill 4, Martial Arts (combat program) 1, Strength 9). Jade Hood rolls 2D10 (to make sure you don't get double 1, instant failure) getting 4 and 1. Then he rolls his extra 4D10 (from martial arts) getting 7,3,2,8. He picks 7 and 8 and drops the other dice. His total is 15 (rolled) plus Combat skill (8) for 23. The robot gets 4,2 and an extra 9 from its Combat program Martial Arts. Roll total is 13 plus Combat Skill 4 for a total of 17.

1-5 points difference is 1 success, 6-10 is 2 successes. Jade Hood scored 6 points more than the robot, so he gets 2 successes, and multiplies his strength (3) by 2 for a total of 6 damage to the robot, taken off its Body score (equivalent of Htk damage).

And that's it. That's a combat round between two opponents. When both are in melee against each other, there is no initiative needed, no dodge roll required. If you lose the combat round and want to dodge the blow, you can do at the cost of next rounds attack, but I've put rules in for that. In addition to skills you can use Hero points to give more dice and Fate points when you need a guaranteed double.

More later, I have to hit the sack now for an hour then go back to work :( Sorry for delay chaps, just another week in the life of a train driver :S Good news is I'm *finally* coming to the part in the link where I get days off, in the next couple of weeks. I want to wrap the World War II game one way or another over the next week and we'll see where the Characters end up...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum