The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My posting rate...

+2
Steeple_jackuk
Admin
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

My posting rate... - Page 6 Empty Re: My posting rate...

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03 2011, 00:48

Talking about posting rate... 3.58 messages per day and 8.5 months later, bust a thousand posts Smile I think my post rate is just about matching or slightly exceeding the one we had on the old site now, and this one has proven to be more reliable save for the .com to .info swap and back a week or so ago. Long may it continue!

So, who's next to 1000? I reckon it'll be some called David... but which one I'm not so sure Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 01 2011, 01:01

Just a quick update - 12 hour shifts=zero time for posting unless I get a chance at work. Only prob is my dongle doesn't work when sat in a train Sad (the train in question being a large metal box rather than the fibre glass passenger stuff) Updates for all, today, promised! (And next couple of days am off before being thrown back into it, albeit at different times so the updates will be in the morning) Thanks, as ever, for your patience and understanding - I know post dropoff can kill games but I'm not going anywhere Smile Well, aside from the odd 12 hour excursion to work...

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 28 2011, 07:26

Great to have you back Dave.

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28 2011, 00:44

Good to hear Smile

Am just cooking up (finally) your character sheet before I can start updating posts ... though I'm due at work in just over an hour, so it may be later by the time I finish the updates and catch up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jan 27 2011, 17:28

I'm back. A five minute phone call fixed everything.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 20 2011, 06:52

Wow sounds great I love watch TG haven't missed an episode for years. Thanks for the right up lots of stuff about it I didn't even known.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20 2011, 00:30

Just a quick update - need to hit the sack. It's been a loooonnnngggg day. Reason being I had a last minute rush on (sorted out Tuesday) to go watch 'Top Gear' being filmed live. Starts again this Sunday (new series) with Clarkson and Co. Involved a 600 mile round trip drive and I just got in after dropping everyone off, so need to hit the sack (though I do want to post, I know it'll be full of typos and rubbish so will leave it till I get up). For any fans of top gear, it has a jaguar prototype on (they won't show you how many attempts it took for James May to get the doors to open) a Skoda Yeti beating a Ferrari round Donnington, an original Beetle beating a Porsche 911 turbo to 100mph (albeit in a most unconventional manner) a stitchup (or at least I reckon) between a motorbike and the new Ariel Atom (the bike would have cleared off on the straights and... anyway, watch it) and an amazing lap by a star (John Bishop, comedian) in the reasonably priced car. Tom Cruise is the current lap holder at 1m45s...

Involved waiting around for a couple of hours, the filming itself only needed a few takes on a couple of bits but otherwise was done in one take for the most part for the various bits (which they edit together) and Clarkson more or less does all the talking - the other two are there to fill in as far as I could tell (Clarkson and the Director of the show half own the production company, hanger and so on, and they sell the program to the BBC. I suspect Mr Clarkson has a few quid in the bank...) James May looks uncomfortable in the presence of a crowd. Also, Clarkson was wittering on about a medical they all had to have for the new series. And mention of a brain tumor. Not sure what that's about, but he's lost a lot of weight, so maybe it's not all laughing and joking...

I was stood by the cameras for the most part so won't be on unless on a 'crowd sweep' but my mate and his girlfriend were on quite a bit I think (unless they get edited out).

Anyway, as mentioned, it was last minute stuff. Had to get day off work sorted out, then get down there (surrey, from Leeds-Wakefield-Doncaster-Scunthorpe) on time through rush hour traffic. Touch and go for a bit but a good, if long, day out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 17 2011, 22:14

Admin wrote:Updates tonight mate, on 'em now. On another note, things were going too smooth with that laptop I've been getting together. Blue Screens of Death were tracked down to a dodgy sticky of memory, so that'll be going back tomorrow. Anyway, it's up and running (albeit with XP) so the hunt is on for a sturdy case/bag so it can go to work with me Smile

Wow, "Somebody, stop me!"...your tacking faster than Lionheart ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 17 2011, 21:50

Updates tonight mate, on 'em now. On another note, things were going too smooth with that laptop I've been getting together. Blue Screens of Death were tracked down to a dodgy sticky of memory, so that'll be going back tomorrow. Anyway, it's up and running (albeit with XP) so the hunt is on for a sturdy case/bag so it can go to work with me Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 17 2011, 21:47

Admin wrote:*clack* (sound of head against wall)

On my mobile internet dongle again. My ISP (Virgin) has decided which websites I can visit (or not) again so usual story - don't expect massive uploads of pics etc. On a good note I'm off work tomorrow so I plan to get caught up with some of the things I should have done ages ago. Like character sheets and so on...

Sorry to hear that you've been having trouble. Actually Ross, Smaug has been having a hard time getting onto the site as well. Anyway look forward to the updates tomorrow.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 17 2011, 21:11

*clack* (sound of head against wall)

On my mobile internet dongle again. My ISP (Virgin) has decided which websites I can visit (or not) again so usual story - don't expect massive uploads of pics etc. On a good note I'm off work tomorrow so I plan to get caught up with some of the things I should have done ages ago. Like character sheets and so on...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jan 15 2011, 07:42

Admin wrote:...the keyboard as a whole will fit but the key innards are different *sigh*) so just need the battery to come in the post now. The one with the keyboard looks to be a bit ropey. The other day it was fine at holding charge, tonight when testing the keyboard it lost 5% power in a few minutes...!

One step forward...

Admin wrote:
Right, NOW I can go to bed. More updates tomorrow and over the weekend. Family meal on sunday so the updates will be late on... Goodnight all Smile

know worries mate, everyone deserves a day of rest, especially us hard working DM's ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 15 2011, 01:09

Been building/gutting my own pcs since the mid nineties, something like that. I can't leave well enough alone (same goes for cars and everything else. Always faster, better, more powerful.. and inevitably, less reliable...). So much for going to bed early - followed instructions for removing the keyboard. Typically vague ('remove the hinge panel' - ok, so, uh, how? Turns out you get a fingernail in there and wiggle, and hope the loud plastic SNAP sound isn't something breaking...) and it was like that all the way through. Anyway, done, in three times the time it was supposed to take (I gave up one point, removed a key then found the one off ebay is from a different laptop - the keyboard as a whole will fit but the key innards are different *sigh*) so just need the battery to come in the post now. The one with the keyboard looks to be a bit ropey. The other day it was fine at holding charge, tonight when testing the keyboard it lost 5% power in a few minutes and some popup advised me to spend money at dell for a new one. Not likely... probably charge me more for a battery than I paid for this thing!

Right, NOW I can go to bed. More updates tomorrow and over the weekend. Family meal on sunday so the updates will be late on... Goodnight all Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 14 2011, 13:31

Hey Paul

didn't know you were so handy with rebuilding, building computers. If only I knew as much, you must be the go to guy whenever anyone elses computer breaks down? Hope it all goes well for the upgrade, looking forward to those posts. Although I think we've got into a good routine of late. You posting somewhere in the early hours, and me posting most mornings. I'm at my best then, and I'm liking things - but hey if you want to post more often...Very Happy

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 13 2011, 23:47

Just a quick heads up. Got another laptop today (its an old one, but I've been ripping the guts out of it and replacing old bits with faster bits). This means I'm behind in my schedule (finally got it to the stage where I'm happy - it wasn't designed for Windows 7 so the hit/miss nature of using Vista 64 bit drivers has had me crossing my fingers). Anyway, it flies (and will go even faster when I get a better processor for it. Bidding for one on ebay...) and also waiting for an extended battery. What all this means is I can (finally) take a laptop to work and update more along the lines of what I used to be able (two or three times a day in some cases). All of that is dependent on how long I'm sat in sidings of course Sleep but, fingers crossed, it'll be a positive thing, even if for a day or two the posting rate slows some. (It needs a replacement key on the keyboard and waiting for the extended battery so it's not flat after an hour or two).

I considered buying a faster/newer laptop for more money but this one came up at the right price and spec (I actually bought it sight unseen) and had bits lying around to upgrade it so dropped on this instead. Only problem is, its faster than my desktop now, so am getting the itch to upgrade some more... nnnngh. This could be a pain in the wallet...

Anyway, just thought I'd keep you updated. If I don't sort out replies tonight will be tomorrow before I go to work Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:15

Admin wrote:Yay! Just checked my bank account. My overtime has gone, which means I can treat myself to a new (portable) laptop or maybe I'll try to lug around one of the 15" things I have knocking round the house in a suitable rucksack. The upshot is, from next week (some time) should be able to post replies whilst sat twiddling my thumbs on a train at work. Woot!

Sounds great mate, although despite my on pasting rate being so high, I hope you'd not feel under pressure from me. There are times when you post and I can't reply - but fortunately they've not been too many.

Anyway sounds great that you can treat yourself.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 07 2011, 04:57

Yay! Just checked my bank account. My overtime has gone, which means I can treat myself to a new (portable) laptop or maybe I'll try to lug around one of the 15" things I have knocking round the house in a suitable rucksack. The upshot is, from next week (some time) should be able to post replies whilst sat twiddling my thumbs on a train at work. Woot!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 04 2011, 02:00

Before I try and get through the post replies, just need to say that my ISP (Virgin) appears to have some kind of problem with me logging onto the site. After my initial 'WTF' it seems a few forum owners have had the same problem recently (they call it IP banning, no idea why, will ring Virgin tomorrow and see if they can pull their finger - or head - out and sort it). Needless to say I'm online now, but only through using my online dongle, which may hamper my efforts to upload pictures and the like. Just a heads up that's all.

Hopefully all fixed when I get up later in the morning... *grrrr*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

My posting rate... - Page 6 Empty My posting rate...

Post  Admin Thu Dec 30 2010, 15:13

Has dropped over the last few days - long night shifts are to blame, and grabbing a few hours sleep here and there whilst juggling family life etc, so apologies. On the plus side I have 3 days off from tomorrow so will catch up, and on an even more positive note, when I get paid next week am finally treating myself to a portable laptop, so my updates will be as fast as Dave E's!

Hmmm, actually, scrub that - he seems to break several laws of reality with his posting speed. Let's try 'almost as fast' then... Smile

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum