The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of response

3 posters

Go down

Lack of response Empty Re: Lack of response

Post  Admin Sun Nov 28 2010, 19:21

No worries Kendal, thanks for letting us know - I'll run the General as best I can in your absence. As for transferring stuff across, depends on how you do it. In my main pc I have 6 hard drives (at last count) all have had windows on at some point or another, and I just copy my favourites across to whatever new op system is installed. Emails depends on whether using Outlook or Outlook express (or the Mozilla one or any of the others). I use Outlook, it's a bit of a pig to find (buried in users/documents and settings/... and so on) but a .pst file should have your emails, contacts, the lot in. I've got emails stashed away (somewhere on one of the many hard drives) from a decade ago, as I've reinstalled windows hundreds of times, literally.

I never got round to upgrading my system - well jealous if you have a quick one. Mine is still my old AMD dual core thing from 5 years ago. Best boost to performance I found (for what I use) was an SSD for windows and key programs. Cuts down loading times dramatically.

Still itching to get hold of a new motherboard, cpu and ran and clock it to 4.2 or thereabouts. Just need to find a spare £450 or so *scratching head about that bit* ....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Sun Nov 28 2010, 17:58

Sorry Guys - at least another day before I can get going again.

1. Doctors gave me incompatible medication - suffice to say work got me home but its taken four days to get out of the worst of it.
2. New PC! Yayyyy but duuuuh - new system and no easy way to transfer my files etc at the moment. So all my emails etc are up the spout at the moment. I have literally had this set up for 10 minutes and doing it the long way around.

Take care in the snow and ice now!

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Fri Jul 16 2010, 12:17

thanks guys

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 16 2010, 12:16

RL always comes first. Take care of your dad. Be with him.
David
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 16 2010, 09:51

No worries mate, real life comes first. Will continue to autorun Stormwarden and/or Putty as required (not heard from David M for a few days)

Thanks for letting us know

Regards

Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Fri Jul 16 2010, 07:19

I learned a few days ago that the paralysis was caused by Cancer but there was hope he could regain some use of his legs in the future.

However, a more indepth scan has now confirmed that my Dad has only weeks to live. Between worry and hospital etc I've barely had an hour between getting home and crashing for the night, guys.

Sorry and all.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 12 2010, 18:16

Understandable Sad

Hope everything gets sorted soon Kendal

All the best, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lack of response Empty Lack of response

Post  Limerickcot Mon Jul 12 2010, 13:38

My dad got taken in Bradford Royal last week with severe pains.

However, he has been getting worse and is now paralysed in both legs. I'm waiting to hear on his scans and then see him transferred to either Leeds, Sheffield or Manchester for an operation.

This is taking up both my time and my concentration so I apologise for any lapses at the moment.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum