The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

Post  DavidMcMahon on Thu May 17 2018, 11:55

do it again, but to make sure I'm trying to subdue and not kill him here. With only one body left, don't want him dying on me or having us to stick around to do First Aid to keep him alive.
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu May 17 2018, 12:17

OOC No worries on that score - the DC Heroes/Blood of Heroes system basically separates the non from the lethal combat. The only issue if death from knockback, but against superhumans you are essentially needing crazy levels of knockback - like, miles - to inflict any damage on a super dense/tough body. It's how someone like Doomsday in the comics can rip through the Justice league then go toe to toe and kill Superman. Bashing combat, then Killing against Big Blue.

Haunt could see the hairy madman was reeling, despite the grin on his face. Sure, he could be actually enjoying this pasting he was getting, but it couldn't last. Something had to give!

OOC Roll(7d10)+0: 7,7,1,6,4,4,5,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:22 + Dex 9 (31) vs TN11+Dex 9 (20). +5EV (19) vs RV14= 5 Damage.

Honey Badger absorbs the lot (15HP cost) HONEY BADGER 10HP

"Huh... ha!" roared the bloodied man as he staggers back, smacking against the wall and spitting a mouthful of crimson before showing a bloodied grin. "You're tiring, Spooky! When I rip you again, your guts are gonna spill! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

OOC Honey Badger is now in KILLING COMBAT

He sprints at Haunt and slashes again, this time with a ferocity Haunt and Yeoman had not seen before! Teeth, Claws, feet, elbows, head... the maniac dived at Haunt and ripped into him!

OOC Roll(6d10)+0: 6,2,10,10,4,5,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 3,1,+0 Total:24 + Dex 9 (33) vs TN11+ Dex 9 (20). +4EV (18) vs RV 13 = 5 Damage. Haunt absorbs them HAUNT HP 192

Haunt ducks, dives, gets caught on the chin and arms, twists away from a slash and jumps to the side as Honey Badger snarls and crouches, ready to pounce again.

"Dammit! Will you just GO DOWN!" yells Yeoman as he raises two fists above his head and brings them down at Honey Badger...

OOC Roll(6d10)+0: 3,7,10,3,7,9,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:25 + Dex 9 (34) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +5 EV (18) vs RV 14= 4 damage. Honey Badger absorbs the damage HONEY BADGER 0 HP

WHACK!

"Oh... COME ON!" yells Yeoman. Honey Badger gets up, rolls his neck then wobbles on his feet slightly. Haunt recognised a punch drunk boxer when he saw one, but the mans rage kept him adrenaline fuelled. How much more could he take? For that matter, Haunt himself wasn't too steady on his feet!

OOC Initiative..

Haunt 8 +3 (11)
Yeoman 3 + 4 (7)
Honey Badger 10

Haunt first, then Honey Badger then Yeoman

Admin

View user profile http://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon on Thu May 17 2018, 14:08

Form giant flyswatter arm/hand and smash him into the ground.

ooc: Now I'm really getting worried. Going through HP like water through a sieve. Basically want to keep my Body at 80% roughly and letting regeneration fix the rest after each fight. That was the plan, may have to alter it after this fight.
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon May 21 2018, 21:43

Yeoman had enough time to glance aside at the giant fly swatter and gasp "Wha..?" before it came down on Honey Badger!

OOC Remember things like Critical Blow and Devastating attack - make it harder to hit and easier to inflict damage. As it is I would have thought a fly swatter qualifies as an area attack so I'll treat it as a sweep (-2 OV -2RV)

Roll(7d10)+0: 1,8,4,3,2,4,7,+0 Total:8 Yuck. Double though. plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:17 + Dex 9 (26) vs TN11 + Dex 9 -2 Sweep attack (18). Hit +4EV (18) vs RV14 -2 Sweep = 6 Damage.

With a loud SLAP! the hairy muscled angry fellow goes down.

Haunt breathes a sigh of relief... then his eyes widen as there is movement below the fly swat. Surely not!

Then the body sags and slumps to the floor.

Yeoman moved over as Haunts' hand receded and checked the pulse on the guy. "Strong. He's not going to stay down long. That said, if we stick around here for much longer we'll be trapped - with no powers. When the power comes back on..."

Haunt wasn't feeling too great, but could feel his body start to mend itself. in a couple of minutes he'd be good as new... but did they have two minutes?

OOC Honey Badger is out. He does have a low level of Mind over Matter but it (just) failed to get him back on his feet. The fly swat literally made the difference.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon on Tue May 22 2018, 20:55

"Let's keep going. Hopefully nothing else will happen in the next few minutes and I should be right as rain by then. Just remember he will probably be here and awake when we come back this way and will have to take him out again."

ooc: are we near other cells? A cell we can place him in, if the power comes back on, that cell might hold him.
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat May 26 2018, 07:48

The cell doors are open nearby and the pair make sure the hairy maniac is dumped inside.

Crimping the door with steel hard fingers, Yeoman and Haunt move on.

They don't have to go far.

Just round the corner is a long corridor. Cell doors are open down the length of it and at the end, some 100 feet away, a gathering of people. Six were stood about and several stood out.

One had more of a shell than normal skin. An ugly thing, he was all claws, feelers and hard shell. A human Crayfish.

Another had what amounted to a square head. Headbanger.

A tall woman, covered in scales where her prison clothes didn't cover, looked like a human/snake Hybrid. Deathrattle.

The other three were making a point/arguing and there were another four in prison clothes on their knees, hands above their heads. Perhaps they weren't 'getting with the program' of joining a supervillain army and escaping?

"That's not all of 'em." whispered Yeoman, covering his mouth and barely audible even with Haunt stood nearby. "We really don't have time to beat the stuffing out of em and get out. We need to grab our guy and go!"

"Whatever future gizmo your buddy from the future used it's not going to last, and we're in serious danger of becoming residents..." he muttered. "How you wanna play this?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon on Sun May 27 2018, 12:13

"Let's see if we can scare them into running away and not bothering us," the Haunt mutters back

"BOO!," the white clad comedian yells while activating his Fear Aura, putting HP into hitting well, leaving Yeoman and those on the ground who look like they don't want to join in the breakout out of the effect.
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jun 07 2018, 14:30

OOC Haunt HP 192
It's a tricky one - you basically attack each and every target in the group separately so it would cost a fortune in HP to add dice to every roll. Heck, it might actually clean you out!

There are 10 targets in this group, will assume 6HP (1 extra die) per target.

Haunt HP 132

Roll(3d10)+0: 1,8,1,+0 Total:9 + AoF 9 vs TN11 + OV5
No Effect on Crayfish

Roll(3d10)+0: 7,7,10,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:23 + AoF 9 (32) vs TN11+Ov7 (18). 14EV vs RV15 No effect on Headbanger

Roll(3d10)+0: 7,7,5,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:26 + AoF 9 (35) vs TN11 + 7 OV (18). +6EV (15) vs RV16 No effect on Deathrattle

Roll(3d10)+0: 9,6,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:27 + AoF 9 (36) vs TN11 + 6OV (17). +6 EV (15) vs RV7 UNNAMED PRISONER FREEZES IN FEAR

Roll(3d10)+0: 10,7,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:33 + AoF 9 (42) vs TN11 + 7OV (18). +7 EV (16) vs RV 8. UNNAMED PRISONER FREEZES IN FEAR

Roll(3d10)+0: 1,6,9,+0 Total:15 + AoF 9 (24) vs TN 11 + OV 7 (18). +3 EV (12) vs RV 8. UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 3,3,1,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:17 + AoF 9 (26) vs TN11 + OV 8 (19). +4 EV (13) vs RV 9. UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 2,7,5,+0 Total:12 UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 3,8,5,+0 Total:13 UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 4,5,10,+0 Total:15 UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

With two of the prisoners doing the intimidating suddenly paralysed with terror, the others (both doing the intimidating and victims of it) shriek and run off down the corridor, away and out of sight.

"Huh. Not bad." mutters Yeoman, rolling his neck and cracking his knuckles. "Just three to deal with eh? Let's 'ave em!"

He floats towards Crayfish who readily squares up to Yeoman

OOC Yeoman attacks... Going for a critical Blow

With Martial Artist...

Roll(6d10)+0: 4,9,5,7,3,10,+0 Total:19 Huh no Double. let's see... + Dex 9 (28) vs TN11 + Dex 7 + 4 (crit Blow) (22). +3 EV (to 16) vs RV 15 - 6 (Crit Blow). 7 Damage.

With a THWACK!!! he spins the ugly crayfish/man hybrid about, sending him staggering back and wiping his mouth with an oversized claw!

"Huh. Made of tougher stuff than I thought." muttered Yeoman.

The three villains pounce on Yeoman!

OOC No team attack - these plonkers barely tolerate each other, never mind work as a team.

Crayfish Roll(2d10)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 + Dex 7 (18) vs TN11+Dex 9 (20) MISS
Headbanger Roll(5d10)+0: 3,7,9,3,10,+0 Total: 6 DOUBLE (could have gone for the 19, let's see how it turns out) plus Roll(2d10)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:24 + Dex 10 (34) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +5 EV (to 18) vs RV12. 6 Damage to Yeoman putting him on Body 6/12
Deathrattle Dex 12 + Roll(5d10)+0: 6,1,4,2,5,+0 Total:11 (23) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +2 EV (to 12) vs RV12. No damage. Lucky!

Haunt winced as his comrade gets headbutted by a surprisingly adept freakish hammerhead man. This is followed up by a bite from Deathrattle but her fangs do not (thankfully) penetrate Yeomans' shoulder. Crayfish, perhaps dazed by the tremendous blow Yeoman dealt him, is some way shy of the mark with his huge oversized claws.

The two terrified villains continue to cower.

Yeoman grunts in pain, wiping a smear of blood from his nose and lips and turns to Haunt "Well? You gonna get stuck in or what?"

OOC Haunt is up, then Yeoman then the goon squad.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jun 07 2018, 14:32

OOC Argggh. Just seen the leaving those on the ground thing. Right, assume the four on the floor are cowering with their heads down. Perhaps they haven't fully recovered their powers, weren't that powerful anyway, or don't fancy getting mauled by these bad guys stood above them? You'll have to beat the three villains (and finish off the two cowering ones) to find out.

Time is ticking away on the EMP effect...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon on Tue Jun 19 2018, 13:34

OOC Argggh. Just seen the leaving those on the ground thing. Right, assume the four on the floor are cowering with their heads down.

That will save me a bit of HP doing it that way, which was part of my intention. clown
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon on Tue Jun 19 2018, 13:51

Assuming Yeoman knows more about the crooks in front of us than he does, the Haunt yells back, "Who's toughest?"

ooc: I am assuming that because it isn't an offensive or defensive move, Yeoman can either point one out or say his name. And on that assumption I will attack the one he points out.

unless the rules do not allow it, I am special effecting the beginning of this attack, it does add anything to attack chances but I think it looks neat and confusing. Taking my "bowler hat" off my head and holding it in my hands, with the inside pointing to the bad guy [basically, I'm just shape shifting my head to lose the bowler and shape shifting my hands to hold the bowler at the same time, holding the "bowler" between the hands.
Then I will do an omni-arm-stretch punch with my "fist" and "arm" stretching out of the opening in the bowler as if the bowler magically made a third arm I could attack with coming out of it.

Sort of like a magician pulling an endless stream of tied handkerchiefs out of a hat. Not a real good description but hopefully you know what I mean.
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jun 21 2018, 23:27

Yeoman yells "Crayfish. I think. It's a close thing but he's the ugliest too. If you punch his teeth out, it'll probably improve his looks..."

"You'll pay for that, whoever you are!" snarled Crayfish!

Haunt stretched his arm out holding the 'bowler hat' in front of Crayfish.

"Wha... what do you think..." spluttered the strange villain.

Haunt formed a battering ram (?) with a rams head which suddenly erupted from the 'bowler hat' top into Crayfishs' head!

OOC Going for Critical Blow. Roll(7d10)+0: 4,8,5,9,4,5,2,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:40 DOUBLE (holy smoke...) plus Roll(2d10)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:49 + Dex 9 (58) vs TN11 + Dex 7 +4 Crit Blow (22). +8EV to 14EV (22) vs RV 15 -6 Crit Blow = 13 damage.

SMASH!

Crayfish flew through the air to crash into the far wall behind, and slid down it. He was down and out, but as usual with some of these bad guys the main question was how long they'd stay down.

OOC Hope I got it right. The result certainly was.

"Huh. Nice hit." muttered Yeoman.

He stepped up to Headbanger and swung as hard as he could at the villain with the odd shaped head!

OOC Going for Critical Blow. Roll(6d10)+0: 5,4,5,3,6,8,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:20 + Dex 9 (29) vs TN11 + Dex 10 + Crit Blow 4 (25). Hit, just. +3 EV to Str 13 (16) vs Body 8 -6 RV (Crit Blow)
= 14 Damage.

BANG! Yeoman uppercuts the hammer headed villain off the ground and his head punches into the ceiling, leaving him dangling, limp, for a moment before he dropped into a collapsed heap.

Deathrattle snarled, hissed, then looked at the down bad guys. Before Laurel and Hardy could react, she turned and sped off at speed down the corridor and round the corner!

The villains on the ground held their hands up "Hey! We surrender! We're not with them! Or anyone!"

Suddenly an alarm rang out. "We've run out of time! The backup generators are going to kick in the next few moments! We need to get out of here!"

Haunt knew that the next few moments would be key. He would have to rely on skills and no superhuman abilities against robotic/android guards. The bad guys would have no powers either, but ALL of them would be treated equally by the prison authorities, in other words... incarceration!

OOC This battle is over, for now, with two terrific blows (one shotting Crayfish was mighty impressive). You now have TWO rounds (of 4 seconds each) then the power comes back on. THEN, you're in very real trouble!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon on Mon Jul 02 2018, 13:39

Grab Yeoman and fly down the corridor as far as I can before the powers are gone, to get as close as possible to our target before losing them.

"Hang on!  I'll see how far I can get us in the remaining time," he tells Yeoman as he grabs him and makes wings to fly down the corridor.

ooc:  BTW, since some of his powers are due to his costume and not natural, will they disappear as well or like the androids and robots will still work?

Should mention that he will pass by any villains while flying, if they let him, to get as close as possible to our goal.
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 10 2018, 21:16

The HAUNT

OOC Haunts powers are all innate, but some of them require a 'trigger' effect for his brain to get his head round them. Basically it made the character fit in terms of points/costs a bit cheaper while adding flavour. That means whilst he can lose his costume and effectively loses the use of the power, they aren't irreplaceable like an Adamantium shield or Uru hammer, power ring etc. He just cooks up another costume with a sewing machine and some cloth and he's good to go.

"Well, THIS doesn't feel awkward" muttered Yeoman from under Haunts' arm. The pair flew down the corridor and around the corner...

A double doorway was open and led into what looked like a dining hall where at least a dozen people in prison clothes were stood about.

Haunt muttered, whilst pointing. "There! That's him!"

A small balding fellow had a hand held over a sizzling puddle of foul looking phlegm whilst the other hand thrust at the floor... which was being rapidly burned through as a torrent of powerful acid made short work of the special ceramics, reinforced concrete and steel I bars!

Yeoman wiggled to be put down. "We need to get out of here NOW!" he hissed. "I'm telling ya, the power comes on in here and we're going nowhere!"

Just then, in the shadows next to the doorway, a 'black light' formed and stretched into a doorway... from which stepped the former heroine Stygian.

"I know a way out. Come with me. There are only seconds remaining..." she whispered, half in and out of the doorway.

Yeoman did a quick count at the group of mismatched - big, small, tall, wide, man, woman... something else... "Too many... We can't..."

Haunt had a choice! This was it! Catalyst was there, some 100 feet away or so! he was helping the villains to escape! And yet... there were lights coming on back in the place beyond the emergency lighting... Arrgggh!

OOC Your call...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum