The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1

Post  Admin Sat Nov 28 2015, 21:53

OOC Dunno if you're waiting for me to post up next, but I left it hanging in case Silas wants to throw up another weird and wonderful force gizmo... radar dish... coloured fog cloud... whatever... to see the invisible. If not, I will update tomorrow...

The new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1 - Page 2 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1 - Page 2 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1

Post  dunecat Sun Nov 29 2015, 05:10

((OOC- Nope, just been a long couple of days work out of town. I haven't quite had the brain to compose stuff. Let's see.. The whole 'no mental powers' thing is somewhat troublesome you know. Hopefully you'll allow Radar Sense? If so I'll scrap the cloaking device on my ship (109HP) and project construct out as a visor/HUD for Yeoman to use with.. Body 6 (36HP) and Radar Sense 15 (BC5/FC1 = 45 HP) ))

dunecat
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 29 2015, 07:50

OOC Radar is fine. You'd be building a gadget that already exists, so no problem.

Silas cooked up a design in his brilliant mind, complete with theories and resolutions to problems, then waved a hand. A mobile radar array on wheels appeared, large radar dish rotating 360 degrees and sending its pulses out...

OOC Radar Sense 15 vs Obscure (Stealth tech vs radar) 7. This won't be much of a contest. TN11+7. Roll(2d10)+0: 2,4,+15 Total: 21. +3 effect. 18EV vs RV7. 11RAPs, no problemo.

Silas watched on the screen... as his powerful radar highlighted a flying figure in a fairly bulky suit which had a terrific dent in it. He was hovering off the floor, trying to fix something, though details were lacking. His position was around 200 yards away from where Yeoman flew in the sky.

The new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1 - Page 2 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe new Vanguard! Silas Issue #1 - Page 2 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Thu Dec 03 2015, 07:53

Silas frowns. Knowing where his enemy was was less helpful then it might seem. The forcefield that was projected around the ship was air tight and didn't allow anything to pass through without overcoming it first - something he had done intentionally to prevent any potential containment problems with the plane since he had already breached its hull earlier.

But what if he brought the other person inside the field somehow..

((Alright, main FM power to look like this

Body 9 (72)
Str 15 (240)
Swimming 6 (5/2 = 17)
Sealed Systems 9 (5/5 = 65)

= 6HP remaining

Secondary like this

Radar Sense 9 (5/1 =17)
Force Field 8 (30/6+1=100)

= 3HP remaining.

The intent here is A) to make sure that all the point costs are complying with the rules, B) to get some sealed systems going (The plane is inside of my ship after all, and sealed systems 9 is good for a 30 minute containment inside of the ship, hopefully enough), C I want to extend the forcefield around the ship out to include the flying armor guy and then pull him down to the deck - that's what the +1 factor cost on the forcefield is there for. From there I can do whatever I need to to smack him around.))

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 03 2015, 14:00

OOC I don't think Force Field 8 is anywhere near big enough to do what it is you're trying. It's well short of what is required to actually protect the body of the plane anyway, but for the purpose of moving things on I am assuming it diminishes with volume. Volume required to encapsulate the body (not the wings) of the A380 airbus is 5150 cubic feet. That's 13APs, so what I've done is increase volume from 8 to 13 by reducing protection by the same amount, so the force field offers only 3APs protection. If you still want it to expand beyond that, the Force Field will be less than zero to encapsulate a flying target. Best bet is snare, like a net gun or something.

Silas furrowed his brow, trying to get his jury rigged 'make believe' force field projector working enough to protect the plane. He did it. Just.

But to expand upon that would require... well, maybe more than he had!

Yeoman yelled down. "Hey kid! That Radar dish? You see that punk? Can you... light 'im up? Got a paintball gun or cannon or somethin' in your back pocket?"

Suddenly an amplified voice came from the direction of the blip on Silas' radar. It was in a foreign language, and spoke before he could whip up a universal translator, as might be seen on Star Trek. However...

CLANG!

The man from the cockpit stood in the door of the plane, raising an eyebrow at bumping into... well, nothing he could see (the force field). He replied, but in English. "No! This is not the way! It should never be the way! Punish those responsible, not everyone, for the crimes of the few! Your way... what you have done to me, these people on this plane... you have created a monstrosity! The infidel known as ADJUTANT was to be punished for his actions in our homeland, not these people, not this land! One man! This is wrong! I will not be your weapon!"

The man from the cockpit. Whoever he was, he seemed to be a pawn in someone elses game.

Silas checked the radar screen. The man in the armour, whoever he was, was trying to get away... Within moments he would be out of radar range...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Fri Dec 04 2015, 03:35

'Dude! That was hermetically sealed! To keep the virus inside.. damn it, don't try and get out!" As an added precaution he thumps a first down on his shield generator like it was an old Television, then quickly whips up an elongated, futuristic rifle with a 'scope' display that read the data from his radar dish. He'd only get one shot..

[/color]

((Ok! Here goes nothing!

Force Manipulation 15
Str 14 (192)
Force Field 12 (30/6 = 174)
Body 3 (12)
Swimming 6 (5/2 =17)
= 5HP remaining

Force Manipulation 9
Lightning 9 (15/3 = 99)
Radar Sense 9 (5/1 = 17)
= 3HP remaining.

That should get me more Force Field, even with the depleting power with distance, I'm hoping it's ability to stop gas attacks will be enough to contain this outbreak, and keep Akmed the diseased terrorist in there as well.

Then we're going to shoot my fancy new lightning gun at the man in the metal flying suit. Before he would have taken a -2 column shift to his RV, not sure what it's going to mean now. Thankfully while I'm only on 8 Dex for the attack I get some extra dice for my 7 Weaponry.. I think it's 3 extra dice?))

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 07 2015, 23:12

OOC Weaponry 7 makes you a Grand Master, someone probably able to win an Olympic Gold medal. +4 Dice. Even with 'only' 8 Dex (I see you noted the AV/EV restrictions of gadgetry, which is only fair seeing as Force Manipulation is much more versatile with how we play it) that might be what you need to hit. I am going to add a distance penalty of 5APs as the target is right at edge of the Lightning power and Radars range, just about to vanish from sight. I will also add a +1 CS (so another +2APs) penalty because whilst the radar shows the target up, the guy is still concealed from sight and Silas is guessing at the exact location in between radar pulses. This will need a decent roll.

Roll(6d10)+0: 1,9,10,4,1,4 Okay, the double 1 can be ignored but it's a close call between the double 4 and the 19. Normally it's fairly easy when a double is involved but you'd have to roll at least 11 on the follow up to match that 19. Or take the 19, and never know if the double follow up would have been good... Too close for me to call, so you choose, and I will resolve...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Tue Dec 08 2015, 05:53

((If you meant the -2 column shift I mentioned, that was for shooting someone in metal armor with the lightning power. But I'll take the props anyway! Laughing

That's a hard decision, I've got about a 50/50 chance between doing worse or potentially doing better, but there's only two dice... Oh heck. Let's do it.))

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08 2015, 05:53

The member 'dunecat' has done the following action : d10

'd10' : 6, 6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Tue Dec 08 2015, 05:54

((HA! I beat it by 1! Very Happy Sorry for taking over the roll there but.. well that way I had no one to blame by myself for my success or failure!

Edit: It also just hit me that that's a double.. Very Happy))

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Tue Dec 08 2015, 06:01

((Doubles!))

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08 2015, 06:01

The member 'dunecat' has done the following action : d10

'd10' : 7, 4
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08 2015, 15:01

OOC Target Number was 27, AV8 plus roll 4,4,6,6,4,7 (31) means you hit! +3 EV to Lightning 9, -4 Resistance to RV15. 1 point of damage. He was on 1 point of body..

Yeoman squints "Did you get 'im kid?"

The pair watched the distant lightning bolt crackle around an unseen target, a "YOW!" and SPLASH! as the armoured form fell into the Thames estuary!

"Yeah!" yelled Yeoman, and he swooped down to high five Silas. "Damn, man, that was a helluva shot! I'd have been proud ta do that! I'll go scoop up what's left. You make sure these guys don't go anywhere." he said, thumbing towards the plane.

The man in the doorway, cocooned by the force field, stares out into the darkness at the fallen assailant. "I am glad you have stopped him. Their plan is madness. To punish the crimes of a single man by destroying a whole nation is madness! I am... I will... surrender. Please do not let this mutation spread!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Fri Dec 11 2015, 07:34

"Boom! Head-shot!" Silas does the victory arm pump and leans the long barreled rifle against his shoulder while is cycled a set of cooling cylinders.. that was entirely just for show. A moment later the futurized weapon dispersed into ribbons of energy. The frank praise from the obviously more experienced yeoman took the wind from his sails though and he stopped his posturing for the moment.

"I.. thanks. When you get him back here drop him next to the plane. I think we deserve some answers." Straightening himself out he heads back to the edge of his force field while Yeoman retrieved their powered armor clad adversary.

"Thank you, don't worry, I have you inside of a force field, it's basically air tight so that might be a bit of a problem eventually. For now though I promise it will keep whatever you have contained. Now until the CDC or what ever local authority gets here I need to know everything that happened, and I need you to tell it to me."

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 11 2015, 23:41

Yeoman soared over and scooped up the armoured man.

Flying back he dumped the 7' tall heavily armoured figure in a pile. Crouching, he felt about the neck piece. "No catches. One of those super strong magnet setups, unlocked from the inside. Great so long as it fails safe and you don't suffocate inside your own tin can."

"Let's see how strong..." he took a grip, set a leg on the floor. Silas noticed the concrete spiderwebbed near his foot. "...the seal IS!" With a CLANG! he tore the helmet free...

...Inside was a man of middle eastern origin.

"Saiid!" shouted the man in the plane.

Yeoman glanced up. "We have a name. Say kid, can you cook up a radio? Mine is fried. I may not be the Governments best friend but I still have some contacts. We need to make sure that the authorities don't blunder in here and let that.. that virus out."

He leaned back, then looked down at the suit. "Say... there's something on the belt. Flashing. It's flashing faster.... kid..."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Sat Dec 12 2015, 05:40

((Hey! Fun fact, I have a character named Sa'id in a D&D game I'm in! xD))

"Yea, sure. Here-" Before he could focus on much past the basics Yeoman pointed out the blinking belt. Expecting an impending explosion Silas, opting instead for a focused, high powered magnetic pulse, similar to what he had used earlier but more focused.

((With the mention of a radio that segways nicely into something I've been toying with, would it be alright if I made some adjustments and picked up a couple mental powers like Radio Communications with a limit on them that they can only be used after being 'made' with Force Manipulation?

Anyway, as for right now, can I make a highly focused version of the Magnetic Control/EMP power from BoH that we used earlier, just to target this armored guy? I'm hoping that frying the electronics will stop whatever arming gizmo is in his suit, assuming that it's going to explode.

For ease of reference:

Force Manipulation 15
Str 14 (192)
Force Field 12 (30/6 = 174)
Body 3 (12)
Swimming 6 (5/2 =17)
= 5HP remaining

Force Manipulation 9 - unused

Feel free to rearrange this however is necessary to A) keep my floating quarantine ship going, and B) throw maximum EMP at this guys armor. ))

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 14 2015, 21:49

Yeoman glanced at the belt "Yeah. Bomb... I think you might be right..."

"What you makin' now kid?" he asked. "We ain't got time..."

OOC Yeoman tries to tear the belt off the armoured man. Yeoman has 14 Str vs the Body (10) of the suit/belt. TN11+10 (21). Roll(2d10)+0:
10,10,+14 Total:34 BOOM! Double. Roll(2d10) 9,1,+34 Total:44

Yeoman simply tears the belt from the mans waist, ignoring that its made of a titanium and carbon composite. It was still beeping, faster, so he simply turned and tossed it high into the air, where it exploded about 10 miles up!

Grabbing the guys helmet, he shouted inside "HEY! YOU LISTENIN'? I'M GONNA FIND YOU LOT AND KICK YOUR ASSES!" before he tossed it aside and scooped up the man in the armour. Nose to nose he snarled. "When you wake up you n me are gonna have a chat."

Setting the unconscious man aside, Yeoman took the mouthpiece for the radio and asked for a specific frequency. "Code verify vocal scan Yeoman clearance Alpha 2. We are..." he glanced at Silas for coordinates. "... and we have a situation. We need contagious disease containment and ah, the means to transport a plane full of people and possibly a prisoner. Yes, I know that I'm an... look. That was last year. Water under the bridge." he said into the headset. "What? Oh come on. I declined membershi... ok, I told you to stuff it up your... Look, this is a matter of life and death. If you can't sort it out put me onto someone who..."

Silas figured that whoever Yeoman was talking to had conceded that the situation was more important than any previous history Yeoman had with whoever... he glanced at his scanner. Encrypted channel. Government or... UKChampions? Wow! He was dealing with the big leagues now!

"Listen to me!" shouted the man on the plane. The force field filtered most of the sound so that his shout was barely heard, and provided an effective filter for the virus. "There may be others... Like me. Like him. Let me... let me help you!"

Yeoman frowned. "The UKChampions will be here soon kid. Let them sort it. Unless... this guy might have information for us to track down his buddies. The UKC are ok when it comes to hittin' people but only some of them have enough brain cells to actually figure stuff out. Do you have... I don't know... ANYTHING that might create a cure or maybe a hazmat suit for that guy so we can find out what he's on about?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2