The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! LIONHEART Issue #4 - The Mission, Part 2

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! LIONHEART Issue #4 - The Mission, Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! LIONHEART Issue #4 - The Mission, Part 2

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:25

"Wondered how strong.. how destructive you can be is all. After the way you took Dreadnought down maybe there was a way to just... tear through it. No matter. you may want to find a magazine or something. This could take a while." said Nowhere Man who thrust his arm into the vault door with a grunt, then started to probe about.

"The problem... with superheroes is that... they are very private people... and that means... usually... being able to keep undesirables away from their stuff... which is ... fine until the undesirables... find a way to get in anyway..." he added.

Pulling his arm out he shook his head. "This thing is in some kind of emergency lockdown mode. It was locked electronically, now its locked mechanically as well. What's more, without the correct protocol to unlock the electronic lock, there is a backup system that applies another level of power to the forcefield protecting this place. And forcefields, my friend, are a swine to get through." He looked the vault up and down. "This is built to withstand a nuclear blast. No joke."

He looked at the camera in the wall, of the dome type, and flipped the bird at it. "Am pretty sure he knows who is out here by now. I hope he remembers what I did to him last time." he says loud enough for any audio feed to pick up. Then Nowhere Man turns to Lionheart. "You're fast, right? I saw you move." he fished a pen from his belt and asked for Lionhearts hand. Covering the hand from any prying camera that might look on, he wrote an address down. "Only other Justice Legionnaire I know the identity of. Leroy Hawkins. Wartiger. He absolutely hates my guts and said goodbye to superheroics a long time ago. If you can... persuade him to come down here... his chip will do the rest. Of course, he won't exactly be pleased to see me... And speaking of which, I don't like being spied upon by soon to be comatose in traction bad guys." He faded from view. "Don't hang about. I will keep at the door, but Leroy is our best bet."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! LIONHEART Issue #4 - The Mission, Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! LIONHEART Issue #4 - The Mission, Part 2

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Nov 28 2015, 14:16

Admin wrote:He looked at the camera in the wall, of the dome type, and flipped the bird at it. "Am pretty sure he knows who is out here by now. I hope he remembers what I did to him last time." he says loud enough for any audio feed to pick up. Then Nowhere Man turns to Lionheart. "You're fast, right? I saw you move." he fished a pen from his belt and asked for Lionhearts hand. Covering the hand from any prying camera that might look on, he wrote an address down. "Only other Justice Legionnaire I know the identity of. Leroy Hawkins. Wartiger. He absolutely hates my guts and said goodbye to superheroics a long time ago. If you can... persuade him to come down here... his chip will do the rest. Of course, he won't exactly be pleased to see me... And speaking of which, I don't like being spied upon by soon to be comatose in traction bad guys." He faded from view. "Don't hang about. I will keep at the door, but Leroy is our best bet."

OOC:I take it that Postcognition wouldn't have done anything to discover how Tim got in, since the chip he had was stolen by the Executor. Assuming that is a bust then I am off to find Leroy Hawkins, and the last known address given me by Nowhere Man. Is it a case of the man needs to be awake or can I just knock him out bring him here and leave him back where he was none the wiser. I'm just thinking time is of the essence, Tim is alone with the Executor in there base and since Mr Hawkins isn't going to be pleased with any hero turning up, I am not sure we'll going to get far into plan A before I end up implementing plan B. However I'd really rather not knock and drag anyone here, especially a hero.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 28 2015, 16:43

Thankfully the place wasn't too far, the other side of London.

Surprisingly enough it wasn't a 'well to do' area, with a diverse ethnic mix and distinctly rough looking groups on street corners. Lionheart sped through the sky as fast as he could without setting off a sonic boom (8APs, any faster and BOOOM!) and got there in a few minutes.

Landing on a rooftop he looked down. Surely this couldn't be right? Some inner city estate tower block? A superhero? Speeding in through the entrance he took the stairs faster than any elevator, and tried to ignore the smells and sights of the place.

Number... 817. The door looked to have been reinforced with metal strips at some point, and they looked.. well a bit more than kicked in places. Were those shotgun pellets?

Lionheart didn't sense any danger so knocked.

"Whoever it is, **** off." growled a voice from inside. "Ain't nuthin here fer ya to steal an' you make me get there's gonna be trouble."

Sounded distinctly surly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Nov 28 2015, 23:00

Admin wrote:"Ain't nuthin here fer ya to steal an' you make me get there's gonna be trouble." Sounded distinctly surly.

Lionheart was wondering if this was Hawkins way of making sure people left him alone. Breaking the door down would be no problem, but what might be was giving Hawkins even less reason to co-operate. Therefore, Lionheart went for something a bit less conventional.

"Sorry to disturb you sir..." He began in his best bobby voice. The way he had learned the talked today, rather than when he'd first come across such law men, in WW2. "But we have reason to believe that an armed fugitive has been seen hiding in this building and we are having to conduct a door to door to make sure he isn't hiding or being hidden. I can assure you sir, this won't take a minute."

Of course none of this was true, but if the man got the door open, Lionheart felt sure he could make a case and if not, then he'd have to give Leroy a 'love tap' and take him by force. Some angry washed up, hero with a bitter chip on his shoulder was not someone to test Lionheart's patience today. Not with Tim's life and potentially the lives of others at stake, it wasn't.

OOC:Ok so I am thinking that I might stand to one side of the door, just to be safe. I imagine Leroy has a chain on the door so it will only open a crack and then I need only show my face, so he can't see I'm a hero etc. If that fails, I'm tempted to go through the door. But will try one last thing, that is to take a look inside from the outside window. Get the right number from inside and take a look in, before taking action to get this sorted.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 28 2015, 23:53

There were thudding footsteps, and the door opened. Lionheart looked up... and up...

He was a BIG black guy. Big like, hugely muscled with massive shoulders and arms, chest... and a barrel belly which might have once been a six or eight pack but had expanded and slipped to hang over his belt. Guy must be... what... 6'8? Lionheart saw how he had to duck under the doorframe. "Yeah?" he growled. "Ain't no punk wi' a gun in here, an' if I see one, you can be damn sure that..."

Sniff... Sniff...

The man wrinkled up his nose. "Familiar... Who're you? You don't look like a cop. I don't know you, but... there's a faint... Anyway. Like I say, if I see someone with a gun, I'll sort 'em out or... call the cops or sumthin'..."

He started to close the door...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Nov 29 2015, 14:11

Admin wrote:There were thudding footsteps, and the door opened. Lionheart looked up... and up...

He was a BIG black guy. Big like, hugely muscled with massive shoulders and arms, chest... and a barrel belly which might have once been a six or eight pack but had expanded and slipped to hang over his belt. Guy must be... what... 6'8? Lionheart saw how he had to duck under the doorframe. "Yeah?" he growled. "Ain't no punk wi' a gun in here, an' if I see one, you can be damn sure that..."

Sniff... Sniff...

The man wrinkled up his nose. "Familiar... Who're you? You don't look like a cop. I don't know you, but... there's a faint... Anyway. Like I say, if I see someone with a gun, I'll sort 'em out or... call the cops or sumthin'..."

He started to close the door...

With his augmented strength and speed, Lionheart simply held onto the door and saying, "I really think you need to hear me out. Because worse than a gunman on the run is a man called the Executor, freely accessing a Justice Legionnaire base, whilst having captive Tim Jones. Timmy was nearly killed and his chip was extracted, so I can't get into the base which is in lockdown. But you can, a man's life hangs in the balance, plus whatever else you've got locked away down there. Isn't that worth a moment of your time?"

Lionheart stood, unmoved and unmoving staring hard and meaningfully into Leroy's eyes letting him take in the significance of his words. If not about Timmy, about what a man like the Executor could do with what remained buried in the old Justice Legionnaire's base.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 29 2015, 16:14

The words sank in a for a few seconds, then he muttered "What?"

He looked away, then flexed his fists. "I don't know what you are... I walked away from all that, man. We all did. The registration act turned us into criminals. They can do so at any time. Best to mind my own damn business. As for Jones... that punk shoulda kept his damn head down. He had the money, the means, to set up elsewhere, become someone else. But no, he loved the limelight, the talk shows, the book signings, video games. And now look where it got him."

"Besides, ain't nuthin in there. All got moved or dumped or sold or... oh crap." he growled. Lionheart noticed his teeth were pointed more than usual, and his eyes changed from brown to slitted, like a cats. "We went up against a guy who could literally conjure artifacts from nuthin. So this guy comes up with a fusion reactor, powered by magic of all things. We didn't know what to do with it. He was using this thing to power a giant robot that he set on Scotland. Seemed his ex girlfriend lived there or sumthin. Anyway, we trashed the robot, but this 'heart' thing, no bigger than a football, well it was putting out so much energy and our geniuses couldn't figure out how, how to shut it down, destroy it, or whatever. So we took it back to the base, drowned it in a couple tons of lead and concreted over the basement. Guess it was forgotten about when the Legion ended."

"Executor you say? Didn't that asshole Nowhere Man take him down? Still owe that jerk. I'd come outta retirement ta get a crack at him again. He ain't no damn hero. Scumbag."

"I'll grab my coat. Still implanted with the chip. It's keyed to dna, so to use Timmys chip he'd have needed a hole chunk of Timmy. The guy was a fame greedy punk, but he didn't deserve that." he went to pull on a vest and grabbed a leather jacket, pulling it on. "So who're you? What's your story? UKChampions?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Nov 29 2015, 19:08

Lionheart winched slightly at the rep that Nowhere Man got, he was beginning to get that feeling, the one his 'mum' who was in fact a programme developed to integrate his cloned existence into some kind of normal, told him about.  

Admin wrote:"I'll grab my coat. Still implanted with the chip. It's keyed to dna, so to use Timmys chip he'd have needed a hole chunk of Timmy. The guy was a fame greedy punk, but he didn't deserve that." he went to pull on a vest and grabbed a leather jacket, pulling it on. "So who're you? What's your story? UKChampions?"

"Well, err, no.  We've tended to go under the name, The Vanguard,  although that seemed like an age ago and well in some ways we're still not sure who we are guarding against, if you catch my drift.  Some bad guys still wear the costumes and monologue, but others..."  Lionheart left it hanging, with a shrug of shoulders, knowing that Leroy would clearly catch his drift.  

"I guess the bigger question is who the Executor is working for and how they knew about the generator.  Let alone what they want it for.  Hate to think of the number of groups who could use its power in any number of mad plans."  Lionheart began to wonder how Wartiger was going to get back to the base, did he need a lift?  Should he offer, he didn't want to damage the man's fragile pride.  He seemed touchy, I guess there was many things that the registration act buried or burned.  Still so much that Lionheart was unfamiliar with in this timeline.  Something he needed to take care of at some point down the line.  

'Yeah get in line' he thought, with this latest adventure, an eager protege in Charlie Hammond, and a potential invasion from Micro invaders, just another day in the life of Lionheart, better get in line.  Time enough for a normal life, when he retired.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30 2015, 15:46

Wartiger, dressed, muttered "Hope you can keep up pal."

Then he took off!

In slow motion compared to the way Lionheart viewed things. 'He's fast, hundreds of miles an hour maybe, but might as well be walking compared to me I guess.' he thought.

Lionheart sped to catch up and spoke to Wartiger, who glanced across "Figured you for a flier." he yelled as he sped down the street and between queuing cars at high speed!

Within minutes they were across London, people astonished at the blur and wooosh! of wind as they sped past. Wartiger, carrying visibly more bulk than in his heyday, started to slow down, and looked relieved as the power station came in sight.

"Sweating. never thought I'd see the day. That's what retirement and beer does for you sonny. Come to you one day." he growled.

OOC Go straight down to where Nowhere Man is, or explain who he's teamed up with?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 30 2015, 17:04

Admin wrote:"Sweating. never thought I'd see the day. That's what retirement and beer does for you sonny. Come to you one day." he growled.

OOC Go straight down to where Nowhere Man is, or explain who he's teamed up with?

Lionheart was about to say something then thought better off it. God hadn't blessed the man with a sense of humour and now wasn't the time to find if he could gain one.

"Executor as his friends, some lackies with him. We've taken out Flood and Dreadnought...but I think he might have others. The man is clearly able to spread some money about to get help and knows enough to have got this far. So I guess I don't need to tell you what we're up against. Who knows this could be the rematch you've been waiting for."

Lionheart inwardly groaned at the mistake in mentioning he wasn't alone, but hoped he had sufficiently brushed over it to not make a difference. He continued, by racing ahead to the entrance, stopping to look back and saying, "What, too fast for you?"

A quick jab to his ego, might sufficiently distract the 'Tiger' from getting it into his head to ask too many questions.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30 2015, 20:15

OOC nice slip.

Wartiger paused. "Rematch? Never met Executor but I know he's a murderous swine. If he nailed Timmy then I guess I owe him a pummelling. Unless you meant someone... hey! Wait up"

At the power station proper the pair met up. "Better not be yankin my chain kid. You smell on the level. Don't make me regret this outin." He growled.

Moving through the place, Wartiger paused at the battle site. "Someone big fell down here." Lionheart looked about. Dreadnought was gone!

The big man had obviously some kind of healing factor, like Lionheart himself. Great. Was he ready for round 2? Did he look for him or continue down to the vault?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 01 2015, 08:26

Admin wrote:OOC nice slip.

Wartiger paused. "Rematch? Never met Executor but I know he's a murderous swine. If he nailed Timmy then I guess I owe him a pummelling. Unless you meant someone... hey! Wait up"

At the power station proper the pair met up. "Better not be yankin my chain kid. You smell on the level. Don't make me regret this outin." He growled.

Moving through the place, Wartiger paused at the battle site. "Someone big fell down here." Lionheart looked about. Dreadnought was gone!

The big man had obviously some kind of healing factor, like Lionheart himself. Great. Was he ready for round 2? Did he look for him or continue down to the vault?

"Yes, big alright. That was were I left Dreadnought. Clearly the man heals up quick. We'd best be more careful if we get to the bunker its a straight corridor that gives dreadnought a funnel into which he can pummel us if he so choose. But we can't worry about it now, got to get to Tim."

OOC: Clearly stepping into that corridor leading to the tunnel is going to give Dreadnought the chance to pummel us like a ramrod if given half a chance. The only thing I can think to do is to look around and see if there is a way to either stop, or slow him down. Something in the corridor as we approach the bunker that might allow us to either bring the roof down, or create space under him...something in other words that would slow or stop a charge. And or give us space to manoeuvre, when if he attacks. affraid

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 02 2015, 09:00

The power station was mostly bereft of anything that might help stop this man, but Wartiger had a suggestion.

"It's not exactly practical or to hand, but anytime we came up against creeps that kept gettin' up, we had a speedster or flier shoot off to a building site. There, they grabbed metal rod ties, bags of quick drying cement and anything else that could keep a creep down, or slow them down at any rate. Failing that, by the end of our time there was something called nullifiers knockin' about. We only used one, but the idea was simple. Attach a doohickey to someone and press the button. Powers get drained. In theory. Didn't work on everyone. SMITE or maybe DICE, if they are still around, will have that sorta thing."

As would Agent X17, Lionhearts Government contact who set him down this path of tracking down the White Dwarf Star material in order to battle an enemy too small for people to see or care about.

Wartiger muttered "Come on. Let's get to th' vault. I don't like th' idea of some punk poking round our place."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 02 2015, 13:32

Admin wrote:Wartiger muttered "Come on. Let's get to th' vault. I don't like th' idea of some punk poking round our place."

OOC:Hmm Wartiger's impatient and though my speed is considerable, could I do what he has suggested and still be back in time to not miss him going into the Vault. If I can grab the requisite building materials in such a way as to not stop us moving forward so be it. If not, then we move forward and take our chances on springing a trap. After all Wartiger is going to flip when he see's Nowhere Man, unless he lives up to his name and doesn't put in an appearance until we're in the vault. Might be best. But with no way to tell him to hang back, I'm kinda of winging it here.

Lionheart thought through what Wartiger said and made what preparations allowed, but in truth nothing was going to stop him getting Wartiger to the vault and side treks for supplies might be ruled out of the question, for that reason.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 02 2015, 20:28

OOC Always plenty of building going on in London. At speed Lionheart has the chance of nipping about, finding things like those metal rods used to tie stuff together (don't know name), bags of cement etc and drag it back telekinetically behind him as he sprints along. Wartiger won't wait for LH though. The alternative is accompanying Wartiger on his route down to the vault, which won't take long as he knows where he's going and doesn't hang about. What they will find down there is anyones guess though...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 03 2015, 08:43

Admin wrote:OOC Always plenty of building going on in London. At speed Lionheart has the chance of nipping about, finding things like those metal rods used to tie stuff together (don't know name), bags of cement etc and drag it back telekinetically behind him as he sprints along. Wartiger won't wait for LH though. The alternative is accompanying Wartiger on his route down to the vault, which won't take long as he knows where he's going and doesn't hang about. What they will find down there is anyones guess though...

Lionheart realised that he'd passed several building sites nearby. London always seemed to have some sort of construction going on. But the chances were Wartiger wouldn't hang around, so he went with him. If he had to duck out he had in mind several places he could go to get 'supplies' as needed. Moreover, he took note of the path Wartiger took, noting any obstacles or items of note in the routes layout, to avoid if he had to use his follow up plan in a hurry.

OOC:Ok lets keep on, this is a movable feast but it's one that could go south anytime.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 03 2015, 14:04

The pair arrived to see the back of the huge man known as Dreadnouught. He looked over his shoulder at Wartiger and Lionheart and rolled his neck theatrically.

"Huh. Ready fer round two, punk?" he snarled. He turned, and revealed... Nowhere Man hovering off the floor in front of the vault door.

"WHAT THE *&^*!" shouted Wartiger, and he raced at Nowhere Man.

"Ha!" bellowed Dreadnought. "Someone else who thinks Nowhere Jerk is an asshole. Be my guest, fatso."

"You're next!" bellowed Wartiger as he sped towards Nowhere Man!

OOC And... we have a four way mess. Lionheart goes before everyone, then a toss up between NM and Wartiger, finally Dreadnought.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 03 2015, 22:07

Admin wrote: OOC And... we have a four way mess. Lionheart goes before everyone, then a toss up between NM and Wartiger, finally Dreadnought.

Lionheart sped forward between all the combatants and made a desperate attempt for a four way split to be focused on the task at hand. Take down Dreadnought and save Tim from the Executor.

"Really!" He shouted as he stood there crackling energy and a gutteral fire in his eyes as the Lion on his chest glowed ominously. "You think we've really got time for this, personal vendetta's when a man's life hangs in the balance and Dreadsport wants to flatten us all, whilst his employer finishes Timmy off in there. Cause if you want something better to do, Dreadnought clearly needs that sassy mouth washing and personally I'd rather put the Executor back where he belongs. Then we can have it out and not before. GOT IT!!!" He added as his voice went up, for added effect.

OOC: If I've managed to get through to these idiots, then all good and well and do consider using HP if a roll is involved, if not, then I am going to hang back and let them take note of Dreadnought who, when he attacks them is going to give them both the wake up call they need. Let him bang their heads together if they won't listen and then I'll get involved. Otherwise its likely the only sane person here is going to get taken out in the rush.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 07 2015, 22:42

OOC Without Charisma skill Lionheart has a -2D10 penalty to his check. You can buy dice to cancel that out (13HP cancels out the penalty). Want to buy any more dice to get through to Wartiger? Nowhere Man doesn't need convincing. He's on your side... and from what you know of the man, he has a plan. With that in mind you may wish to:

1) let them go a few rounds whilst you deal with Dreadnought (who will charge at Lionheart)
2) Allocate powers. Superspeed with your Power Reserve, extra to Strength? Force Field? Or pile into Mind Blast to attack next round?
3) go for the persuasion on Wartiger anyway if so how many HP you want to burn on this? Gonna be real tricky, but it might turn this 2v2 into a 3v1...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 08 2015, 08:20

Admin wrote:OOC Without Charisma skill Lionheart has a -2D10 penalty to his check. You can buy dice to cancel that out (13HP cancels out the penalty). Want to buy any more dice to get through to Wartiger? Nowhere Man doesn't need convincing. He's on your side... and from what you know of the man, he has a plan. With that in mind you may wish to:

1) let them go a few rounds whilst you deal with Dreadnought (who will charge at Lionheart)
2) Allocate powers. Superspeed with your Power Reserve, extra to Strength? Force Field? Or pile into Mind Blast to attack next round?
3) go for the persuasion on Wartiger anyway if so how many HP you want to burn on this? Gonna be real tricky, but it might turn this 2v2 into a 3v1...

OOC:Ugh this is one of those situations where I wish I had just said, spend whatever. But, hey part of me thinks if Dreadnought is bearing down on me, perhaps this two knuckle heads (well to be fair it's more Wartiger) get to sort out their differences, so we can get on with things.

Ok Lionheart knows Dreadnought is likely to have protection, from mental attacks. So I will go with boasting speed, and use my martial arts and use HP as needed to take Mr Muscle down asap, before the roof comes down on us all.

Lionheart looked from the two men, of whom Wartiger seemed least able to respond. But then saw the moment was moot anyway, as Dreadnought was relentlessly homing in on him. Time to take action, and let the dust settle where it will.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08 2015, 09:41

OOC Ok with Lionhearts huge (22) Dex (yes, I know I need to sort the character, this week for sure) I will assume that you go for *at least* a critical blow and probably a devastating attack in order to take this guy down. Anything less and you probably won't even make a dent even with a great roll.

Power Reserve 6 into Superspeed (up to 14, adds to Dex, Dex 22 now)
Power Reserve 2 into Strength (up to 10)
Martial Artist 8 (4 Dice bonus)

Lionheart attacks with... well let's try a devastating attack.

TN11+OV7+Devastating Attack Penalty 8. Target Number to hit Dreadnought is 26.

Lionheart has Dex 22 plus roll Roll(6d10)+0: 7,6,8,10,2,3,+22 Total:40

Effect Value (Str) 10 + 12 (Devastating Attack Bonus) plus 5 (from the hit roll). Total Effect 27 vs RV17. 10 Damage.

Lionheart delivers countless, thousands, certainly, of punches and kicks at the raging behemoth, pouncing time and again against his midriff and head!

And still he came at Lionheart, charging!

OOC with a charge attack vs Lionheart AV12 vs OV22+TN11. Can't imagine this being a problem. Roll(2d10)+0: 7,9,+12 Total:28 somewhat short of the 33 required.

Dreadnought roared past and pounded into a wall, which shook and shattered, and set the ceiling to shaking! Shaking himself of dust and wiping his face, the big man snarled "Speedsters. You think I can't hit you? You'll see You'll SEE!"

Lionheart glanced at Wartiger who delivered a flying karate kick at Nowhere Man! The black clad anti hero was simply standing there! There was no way to...

THOOOM!

The former hero slammed into the vault door having passed through Nowhere Mans body which was completely intangible! Wartiger yelped in pain, holding his ankle and muttered. "Should've remembered that." Nowhere Man turned his hand tangible and took Wartigers wrist, pressing his palm to a reader on the vault door. With a CLANG! and a CLACK! the door started to rumble open!

Quick for such a big man, Wartiger grasped the tangible hand but Nowhere Man didn't flinch. "Save it till later. I need you to help me rescue Timmy Jones. If he's still alive."

That shocked Wartiger into letting go. "You... you planned... Damn you!"

Nowhere Man looked at Wartiger, then offered a hand to help the big man up. "We're on the same side. Just different sides of the coin. Executor is the real threat, and whatever he will find in your vault. By my reckoning a miniature fusion reactor."

"How...?" spluttered Wartiger.

Lionheart flicked back to Dreadnought. The man was badly shaken. He launched into another attack!

OOC same as before. Roll(6d10)+0: 7,5,4,7,9,8,+22 Total:36 plus DOUBLE Roll(2d10)+0: 3,2,+0 Total:5 total 41. 10 damage again. Dreadnought goes down.

Smack smash smek thoom clack crack bang bang bang bang!

Lionheart stood back as Dreadnought went down. Again.

OOC Checking on two power reserve fatigues. Roll(2d10)+0: 4,5,+0 Total:9 no problem and Roll(2d10)+0: 9,9,+0 Total:18 BOOM double. plus roll Roll(2d10)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:11. 29 total plus 8 power Reserve vs 8OV+TN11. +6 Effect (up to 14) vs Body 9. Lionheart takes 5 Body Damage. Want to absorb any of that?

With another nosebleed and racked with head pain, Lionheart knew he'd pushed himself to his limits again. When his powers had been boosted thanks to the merging with Saladin, he'd not thought much about the limits of the human body. He was becoming all too aware of the limits of a superhuman body, at this rate. Maybe there was something Wandafar could do...

Nowhere Man looked over. Behind him the colossal vault door was still inching open. "You alright? I need you." he rasped.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 08 2015, 21:52

Admin wrote:With another nosebleed and racked with head pain, Lionheart knew he'd pushed himself to his limits again. When his powers had been boosted thanks to the merging with Saladin, he'd not thought much about the limits of the human body. He was becoming all too aware of the limits of a superhuman body, at this rate. Maybe there was something Wandafar could do...

Nowhere Man looked over. Behind him the colossal vault door was still inching open. "You alright? I need you." he rasped.

Lionheart held up his gloved hand and asked for a moment, seeing the others shift in their posture told Lionheart how they both understood but equally were keen to move on. But that was all he needed. Despite the battering he'd taken himself through, Lionheart felt good enough to go again and joined Wartiger and Nowhere Man. A brief glance back, and he realised that on exit Dreadnought would no doubt be up and off again. But he shrugged his shoulders. At least both men knew who was the undisputed victor and that might give an oaf like Dreadnought pause for thought should they meet again.

OOC: Thanks for picking up on the combat options appropriately. Yes, let's absorb any damage done, hence the pause mentioned above. And press in deeper, finally got into the cube to see if we cannot catch this tricky Executor fella up.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08 2015, 22:21

LIONHEART HP 133

BODY 7 of 9

Nowhere Man looked at Lionheart, then turned to Wartiger. "You can take your shot at me after. Executor has Timmy Jones in there. He is after whatever resides in your hidden vault. He is a killer, and will have planned for every eventuality." he rasped.

Then he turned to the touchpad on the door panel, reached out a hand and phased into it. It crackled with electricity. Then he 'slurped' into it!

"Huh. Wuss. He's always buggin' out. Can't face up to..." said Wartiger as he reached forward to step into the gap between vault door and frame... and ZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! was thrown back by an invisible repulsion field!

Lionheart was at his side at the other side of the room in a heartbeat. "I'm ok man. Just a little frazzle... what the... I can't smell you! What gives!"

Lionheart turned to the doorframe and the invisible field across it. It wasn't setting off his danger sense... until he thought of going through it, then the danger was off the scale!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 08 2015, 22:40

Admin wrote:

Lionheart was at his side at the other side of the room in a heartbeat. "I'm ok man. Just a little frazzle... what the... I can't smell you! What gives!"

Lionheart turned to the doorframe and the invisible field across it. It wasn't setting off his danger sense... until he thought of going through it, then the danger was off the scale!

Lionheart chose to ignore that comment.  No point in revealing all his secrets.  

"Door has a force field, nasty one judging by what I can see.  Question is, how do we bypass it?  Given that you stripped this place bare, I wonder what Executor is using to power it?"

Lionheart took a moment to look around using his various senses and skills, seeking for some clues as to how they got around this trap or were able to find a means of disabling it.

OOC: Ok give me a clue as to what is going on here, as I read it we opened the door got into the vault then came to another door? Or the door opened but this force field was over it? In any case I am looking for the means to disable it or bypass it in some way.
Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 09 2015, 21:48

OOC That's right. Basically the HQ is a large underground box with a vault door set in it. Inside that, lining it, is this force field that Wartiger encountered. Clearly, Executor figured someone *might* turn up without an invite. The vault door was one way to slow visitors down, the force field is another.

Wartiger groaned. Lionhearts keen vision saw something beading on his forehead. Sweat? He'd huffed and puffed when sprinting across London but barely broken a sweat?

"Uhhhh. Gettin' too old fer this sh**" he groaned. He reached round and rubbed a hand down his back. "Damn. What's that forcefield made of? barely touched it." He walked unsteadily towards the vault door and paused to give the invulnerable form of Dreadnought a kick as he went past. "OW!" he cried, as Lionheart winced at a cracking sound. "Damn! I just broke a toe!" he shouted, hopping about... "What...?" he spluttered, then looked at the inviting gap between vault door and frame. "This ain't right..."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next