The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard - Frostbite Issue #3

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard - Frostbite Issue #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard - Frostbite Issue #3

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 16 2015, 14:05

Admin wrote:OOC no probs mate Smile As soon as you get your team together you can bet they'll be dropped into the deep end Smile Frosty will have his hands full, count on that Wink

OOC: Of that I have no doubt.  Right been able to re read the fight and look at stats and how everyone did so that I feel I can make a competent decision.  Its still possible that I might change people around after all no system is perfect.

Frostbite clicked off the screen as he looked at the list once again, it had been a day since the team game with some surprises, shame and embarrassment.  But Frostbite hoped that the group was beginning to get beyond winners and losers and rather thinking of themselves as a team.  He had two piles and was concentrating on the files that Mary had put together trying to make a decision about which to put Gravitas into.  

As his hand hovered over the two bunddles, he realised that Mary was standing in the door looking in an amused smile played over her face.

"Its not as easy as it looks.  Some of these guys are going to be powerful allies and make a real difference to lives.  But the journey to that place might be rough and before I let them loose I need to minimise the harm to those we're actually in the business of trying to save."

Finally he placed Gravitas in the second pile.   "Done.  Right we'd best get the team together and let them know what is happening.

Mary could see that Frostbite had made a list on a data slate and handed it to her. She could read the names of the two groups.

Team 1
Traveller
Rebuff
Reflex
Impulse

Team 2
Probability
Gravitas
Terra firma
Surge
Firebrand

When the group was assembled Frostbite took a seat and had the team do the same.   "Well I want to commend you all for your efforts out there.  The objective wasn't to win, but to see how you went about winning as a team and how you handled yourself and your powers.  You all did great, much better than..."    Frostbite voice trailed off as a distant memory from his predecessor no less surfaced unbidden into his mind.  Shaking himself out of the interruption he continued.

"Now because of the nature of our work, for the time being some of you will need some more training, simply because either the nature of your powers or and the way they play with others. They will become incredible beneficial, but also have the potential for some harm or hindrance.  Therefore I want you to know this isn't a competition, my primary concern, before taking any of you out there, is that you can come back in one piece. And that in going out we minimise the risk to civilians.  

Bad guys are fair game, and they know it.  But people is a different matter.  If we set fire to stuff, who's to say where that fire ends up?  Or if a rock creation should fall on people whilst we also need to figure out how we keep Terra Firma, David, from being attacked in his trance like state.  So we've a few kinks to work out. But believe me from all I've seen I've no doubt you'll make a great team and we'll all be making something of what we've got.  Anyway, who knows, we may even get to the bottom of this mysterious group that had you captured.  

But baby steps first.  Ok so lets continue to work together, and keep training.  For the time being work as teams to best aid one another and cover one anothers gaps.  And once we've got used to our teams, and finer control over our abilities, we can mix the teams up to keep it interesting.  Ok stay loose, we don't know when we might get a call out, team 1 you'll be up first.  Dismissed.  

As the group filed out, Frostbite noted the looks of disappointment on some faces whilst others seemed scared, or delighted in equal measure.  It was a lot to find yourself suddenly out there on the field.  But he had to know they were going to be able to handle themselves when there, he couldn't nurse maid them the whole time.  

Turning back to Mary, Frostbite looked pensive.   "Not easy being the one to disappoint, lead and call the troops to order.  So much easier when I was in the army.  Still times change.  Lets schedule training in for everyone, basic fitness, target practice, hand to hand combat.  Lets start to build up these kids into something that can make this country proud."  

OOC: Ok that was fun, lets get to it.  Hopefully we'll have a bit more time to make sure everyone is suited and booted.  I'd also like to make sure that costume wise we go for something a bit more understated but that clearly gives team identity.  I want full masks where possible to protect their identity, if our big bads get wind of who these folk are they might come sniffing around and I think we're not ready for that just yet.  Besides I don't want their families getting wind of their being around and unwittingly causing more harm or conflict.  We've hidden them away to protect them, no need to undo that.

ok so when we are ready team one is with me.  Ok my bad, I realise that I'd put Impulse as Inpulse - argh, bad spelling.  Should have had an m in it not a n. Wink

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard - Frostbite Issue #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard - Frostbite Issue #3

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22 2015, 11:51

There were a few shrugs, Firebrand nodded knowingly, looking relieved, and others looked less than impressed.

Surge was notably annoyed. "I got cheap shotted! I can take on anyone in this team and you know it!" He swept a bunch of cups, empty and full, onto the floor with a shattering crash and stormed out.

The NEW Vanguard - Frostbite Issue #3 - Page 2 Frostbite_Teams

Reflex settled down, a look on her face suggesting she was less impressed with the attitude of Surge. "No one likes a sore loser." she muttered. Traveller (Eric Forsythe) was somewhat surprised. "Thank you for the faith you've shown in me. I was surprised, I must admit. I'm more of a scout but I can see how that would be useful."

Impulse clapped him on the shoulder "Hey we're all useful in our own ways!"

Rebuff looked doubtful but added "I'll do my best for the team, rest be assured."

Terra Firma came up "I understand your reasoning, and agree with most of it. It's all new, and I'm happy to play any part in the team. I'm sure no one will let you, or the team, down." He congratulated the others then left to head to the canteen.

=========

"I chose a few designs. We need a team name. The costume is basic at the moment. A semi stable molecular weave thanks to Wandafar. It will adapt to the powers of the...oh. What's this?" she said, looking over at a monitor screen.

"...reports coming in of a hostage situation at the Azerhajani Embassy where it's said that the American Ambassador has been forcibly taken against his will. Recently the rogue state has been bullish about it's nuclear ambitions, prompting ever stronger language from both the US and the United Nations. Mr Ferris, the US Ambassador, was on his way to Downing Street when his car was... Wait. We have a new report saying that the Azerhajani state sponsored superhuman team with the name that translates to 'Enforcers' is in the Azerhajani embassy and that they will be taking the US Ambassador, presumably against his will, back to their home country to answer for 'his countries crimes and insulting language'. It's widely known that the Azerhajani government is backed by rogue and terrorist factions and that the situation is escalating, with neighbouring states making it known they will back the rogue state against any 'aggressive incursions from the west'..."

Mary looked shocked. "The UKChampions are scattered at the moment, dealing with various events. The police will be outgunned...the Americans, when they get here, will tear up half of London! This is..."

The phone rung, and Wandafar came on speakerphone.

"Vell zis is a right pickle and no mistaking. Our... benefactor is making ze enquiries about getting ze Ambassador out of zet place before those nutjobs can get him out of the country. He has ze word zet any superhuman resources that can be brought to bear are given ze green light. Question is, vot do we hef?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 22 2015, 13:02

Admin wrote:
The NEW Vanguard - Frostbite Issue #3 - Page 2 Frostbite_Teams

"Vell zis is a right pickle and no mistaking. Our... benefactor is making ze enquiries about getting ze Ambassador out of zet place before those nutjobs can get him out of the country. He has ze word zet any superhuman resources that can be brought to bear are given ze green light. Question is, vot do we hef?"

"Looks like the team are going to get some action sooner than expected.  This is sensitive so I want you monitoring the feeds from the headsets with me.  We can review how things went and make better evaluations after the fact that way.  Get everyone together, have any blueprints sewer plans, nearby buildings and any relevant data you can patched up to the ship.  We'll take off in 5.  OK?"

With that Frostbite frosted over, got Frostbot to patch into the computers so that he had a running dialogue with Wandafar and any relevant data on the location.  He mentally assigned his onboard companion to tap into any CCTV camera's in and outside the building and any communications to and from.  These guys couldn't be working alone, and must have an exit strategy in place.  Whatever the team did, they had to look like they weren't there, so that the Embassy had no grounds to complain that their sovereign territory was invaded.  Last thing Frostbite needed was an international incident or reason for these hotheads to attack.  

If this wasn't handled well, it could well cause an already sore wound in the Middle East to erupt into yet another war, nobody needed or wanted right now.  

As he strode through walls, dispersing his being as he went, he arrived at the hanger area and got ready to greet the team onboard.  

OOC:
Wow what a situation, going to be interesting to see how this works out.  Right once we know what is going on, I am thinking we'll need to go in from below, need to avoid any above ground activity as it will be easy to see us entering and spark a diplomatic incident.  Besides I imagine if they think to get the Ambassador out, it might be the same way, unless they can teleport him some distance.  In any case I think going in from below affords us the best chance of getting ahead.  

As soon as the team is up, we'll look for a place to assemble and get in.

Traveller will stay aboard the ship, but scout ahead getting an idea on what is going on, which affords me the chance to stay with the team.  It will also give us a chance to see how far traveller's spirit self can leave from his body and how we can continue to communicate.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 27 2015, 22:41

Frostbot reported "Schematics of the Embassy and surrounding lands are not immediately available unless I can access a terminal in or near the Embassy in question. It appears they take their privacy seriously and are paranoid about having details accessible by others. That said there will be older plans that form part of public archives which may give a clue as to old sewer tunnels that might have possible access points to the Embassy. Searching..."

As the team suited up in a dark kevlar reinforced body suit with half or total face mask (as per the team members preference) Mary came up with more alarming news.

"The RAF has been scrambled to intercept a fast moving object heading towards British Airspace. Apparently it has already ignored and out run a number of other airforces, including German and French. Visual indicates it is a jet of some advanced design, on an intercept course for the Embassy. Given it's speed it is unlikely that the Air Force will catch the target and it has already employed advanced countermeasures to destroy air to air missiles. So far it has taken no aggressive action, only defensive action." she explained. "The Jet matches no known configuration of civilian or military aircraft."

Wandafar piped up "Zey are using something unnatural. I do not believe a more efficient or powerful engine zen zet I hef designed is possible. Vell, unless someone out zere is smarter zen I em. Maybe I em vatching too much Neighbours lately. I never saw Harold returning as an evil clone not in a million years."

Mary blinked and turned to Wandafar "What is he...?"

Frostbite waved her question away and jogged through the corridor to the garages at the back of the stately home. As well as conventional vehicles there was also something special. A plane with four rotating jets giving VTOL. Not as fast or advanced as the jet the team had last used, it was nonetheless rather well armoured and capable of carrying the team at what was still a high speed, and hover in place wherever required.

In minutes it was up, and Mary - at the controls - spoke over the comms to Frostbite who stood alongside "I've transmitted the airspace code that your friend Wandafar gave us. It's been acknowledged and the Ministry of Defence has assured us we are cleared to head to the scene of the incident. You must have friends in powerful places!"

Behind, in the hold, the others looked nervous, but still eager to show what they could do. Mary piloted the craft towards the capital and stayed low anyway, expertly guiding it between the canyons of tall buildings in places. "I learned to fly by reading some books." she explained. "I think I'm doing ok for a first time, don't you?"

She chuckled and added "I'll hang back a distance from the Embassy and we'll see what Traveller reports."

Frostbot spoke up "I need to get in the grounds of the Embassy to access their computers."

Over the comms Wandafar reported "Zet other ship vich is too good to be true vill be there in less zen 15 minutes..."

The teams jet pivoted the jets to hover in place out of direct sight of the Embassy. Frostbite watched as Traveller readied himself, gave a salute and said "I'll be right back!". Then the man vanished!

Inpulse spoke up "We don't have long. I hate to say this but maybe charging straight in to create a distraction might be a good idea. If you lot make plenty of noise I'll be in and out of there without making a fuss. I hope."

Reflex looked doubtful. "Anyone wanting to do this on foreign soil must be pretty capable. If we get drawn into a fight we might have our hands full."

Rebuff smiled "I have faith in us. This is out chance to show the world what we can do!"

Mary rotated the Captains chair in the cockpit and turned to Frosty. "Do we wait for Traveller? Obviously I'll stay here with the jet, ready to extract if need be. I wish we could get more information, some idea of what was going on."

Frostbot suggested "Getting closer to the Embassy might grant me access to the CCTV..."

Wandafar came over the comms again."ETA 13 minutes..."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 29 2015, 07:58

Admin wrote:Frostbot suggested "Getting closer to the Embassy might grant me access to the CCTV..."

Wandafar came over the comms again."ETA 13 minutes..."

Frostbite indicated for the others to gear up, "Where are the sewer entrances?  We'll get you guys down there, Impulse I want you standing by.  This plane will have to land and chances are that is when they will try to move the ambassador, if we fail to snatch him, from within then you need to snatch him before he gets onboard that craft.  Traveller can scope things out, in the grounds once, he has finished getting us an idea of what's otherwise going on inside.  Right folks lets get to it."

With that the team disembarked and made their way to the sewer entrance, the whiff of fat and other congealed unsavoury substances, hit the team, but they each gathered their breath and followed Frostbite's lead down.  

OOC: Ok I know what you said about getting close to hack the system, so I am hoping that going underground will afford us that opportunity without risking being seen.  Moreover we can move freely down here, toward the mansion and hopefully get in before anyone knows what is happening.  The good thing is that all three of us can fly, which aids movement down the sewers.

So plan is move to mansion, hack the system as best we can and then make as quiet an entrance as is humanly possible.  If need be I will freeze things and let rebuff smash their brittle remains.  I'm beginning to think we could have done with Tera Firma to help with ground clearance if we have to force our way in.  But we'll have to see.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 01 2015, 23:06

The sewers were accessed via a manhole cover in the middle of the road.

Traffic honked and swerved as the dark garbed superheroes made their way into the dark tunnel, guided by Frostbites' blue chestplate.

"You should be aware that access underneath the embassy will be restricted via heavy duty and alarmed gates and grids in the tunnels. If you are not careful, they will know you are coming and lock the embassy down." said Frostbot inside Frostbites' head.

Reflex and Rebuff looked about nervously but followed Frostbites' lead.

Sloshing through the muck, having to stoop, the trio headed towards the direction of the embassy. Rebuff paused. "Did you... did you hear something?" he whispered. Aside from the roar of war, drip drip drip and distant wail of sirens, Frostbite couldn't hear anything, and aside from the grime in the foul smelling tunnels, couldn't see anything.

And yet... and yet those hairs standing on the back of his neck suggested Rebuff might be right about them not being alone...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 01 2015, 23:13

Admin wrote:The sewers were accessed via a manhole cover in the middle of the road.

Traffic honked and swerved as the dark garbed superheroes made their way into the dark tunnel, guided by Frostbites' blue chestplate.

"You should be aware that access underneath the embassy will be restricted via heavy duty and alarmed gates and grids in the tunnels. If you are not careful, they will know you are coming and lock the embassy down." said Frostbot inside Frostbites' head.

Reflex and Rebuff looked about nervously but followed Frostbites' lead.

Sloshing through the muck, having to stoop, the trio headed towards the direction of the embassy. Rebuff paused. "Did you... did you hear something?" he whispered. Aside from the roar of war, drip drip drip and distant wail of sirens, Frostbite couldn't hear anything, and aside from the grime in the foul smelling tunnels, couldn't see anything.

And yet... and yet those hairs standing on the back of his neck suggested Rebuff might be right about them not being alone...

Hmm, Frostbite didn't like the idea of there being something creeping up on them, so he lay down a solid wall of ice across the way they'd came. At least this way, they'd know if someone was coming from that way, and that left only the tunnels ahead to contend with. Moving forward he suggested that the others use their flight powers, as a means to improve their control and skill and to keep them from getting into serious harm from the sewage around their feet. Moving forward, Frostbite lead the way, seeking to find that point where Frostbot could get within reach of a decent signal to piggy back onto and find out what they were up against down here.

OOC Ok so we don't know how far we can get, might need to disperse through and to release Frostbot into the electronics and then come back for the others. However if, as we go, I block off the other exits that lead away we limit the path of anything that might be coming after us...at least I hope so, cause otherwise we might just be boxing it in with us. But hey, it might be a decent lead, who knows?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 05 2015, 23:07

Frostbite produced a steel hard ice wall to block the sewer tunnel behind them...

Reflex whispered "You probably already know, but I drain strength from my enemies. Until that point I'm more or less an ordinary human, without powers, so I'm reliant on you guys."

Rebuff smiled "I'd rather have you along than Surge. He's a hothead, and how useful would he be in the tunnels?"

Frostbite was about to answer when Frostbot spoke up in his head "There are infra red sensors and motion detectors in the tunnels ahead." the sentient program advised. I can attempt to connect wirelessly but a more effective hacking attempt can be made by placing me physically into one of the networked devices."

Frostbite was about to answer when he frowned. What...?

He turned. Though out of sight he got the distinct feeling that his ice wall was being attacked... and being burned through by something! He was almost as surprised that his connection to his creation gave him that sense that it was under attack as he was that there was something in the tunnels behind them that could burn through his ice!

He looked ahead. The tunnels forked. The left hand tunnel lead away from their destination but there might be a way to use that to their advantage. The right hand tunnel was the one armed with sensors and alarms. Though he couldn't see them Frostbot had said they were there, and the sentient program was rarely wrong...

Rebuff whispered "Which way?" He sounded nervous.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 06 2015, 07:55

Admin wrote:Rebuff whispered "Which way?" He sounded nervous.

Somewhat perturbed by the distinct sense that Frostbite had more than a passing connection with his Ice wall, he was momentarily lost for words at Rebuff's request.

After explaining the layout ahead and the danger from the sensors, he motioned for them to take the unguarded corridor.  "I want to see what we're up against, which also gives you..." He pointed at Rebuff, "The best chance to gain and drain any powered individual down here.  Besides which, I don't want to trigger the alarms and find we're locked in down here, which I think we'd almost certainly be."

Although he didn't say it, Frostbite realised that this group had clearly spent time, money and considerable effort into fortifying their embassy.  Something that was provocative, but then so was this kidnapping.  Although not upto date with the political wranglings of this century, that spelled arrogance or amazing stupidity in any time.  That or else some other power was forcing things to gain some upper hand advantage.  

OOC: Ok so we take the unguarded way, and we see what we're up against.  I have a feeling that this might be something that is going to be more tough for me, the hint about burning through the ice was a worry.  In any case, I'll wall up the area behind me, but make it slightly thinner, as if we're hurrying.  My aim is that when whatever there is comes after us, whilst its trying to burn through, Rebuff gets ready to grab it, assuming it - is something she can drain, and myself and Reflex will freeze and fire at it in a co-ordinated approach.  I.e. I will freeze it, and Reflex will then punch it to get a good shot in before it can react.  Well that is the plan, lets see how much of it survives actual contact.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 11 2015, 22:28

Forming an Ice wall behind him, the trio moved through the blue tinged darkness as Frostbites chestplate provided the only illumination.

As they moved through the tunnels, Frostbot commented "You are moving away from the Embassy. However, there is a grate in the muck below the waterline to your right 4 metres away that forks into the right hand tunnel. Because it is concealed it is possible the security services who prtect the Embassy might have missed it."

Frostbite turned to look towards that direction, then paused.

"What is it?" whispered Reflex, shivering as she stood thigh high in foul smelling muck and sewage.

Frostbite looked back. His ice wall had come down.

Just then there was something, like an echoing roar, that rang out through the tunnels!

Rebuff looked about "We don't have anywhere to run in here. Too low to fly and we can only go forwards... or backwards to whatever made that noise!" He didn't know about the grate, but the nervy look on his face suggested that Frostbite would have to act fast to keep him calm. His power was such that a misplaced shot might send one of his team mates pinging through the tunnel like a pinball!

The roar was more of a deep growl now. Something was moving through the tunnels, and possibly less than 100 yards away, round several bends in the sewer tunnels...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 12 2015, 07:54

Admin wrote:The roar was more of a deep growl now. Something was moving through the tunnels, and possibly less than 100 yards away, round several bends in the sewer tunnels...

"Firstly keep calm, if we give any ground to our fear we might as well give in now.  Their is a grate to the side here, I want both of you to hide in here, I'll lure the creature to me and Reflex whilst I am distracting it you are going to come and drain it from behind.  Rebuff be on guard if the thing detects Reflex I need you to protect her and send it toward me.  Until we've got the upper hand on this thing, we don't know what we're dealing with.  And there is little point going on till we've sorted it out.  However the good news is that the grate to our side might by pass security and take us within striking distance of our goal.  Ok?"

With that Frostbite pulled the grate from the wall, ushered the two heroes in, motioned for them to stand as far back so the creature didn't detect them, before placing the grate back and moving further up the tunnel.  He made another ice wall, just before the grate, so he could stand behind it.  He aimed to let the creature through, after which he would blast it so as to enrage and engage it and draw it after him further up the tunnel.  He only hoped his plan, such as it was, gave him as much reason for confidence as he made mention of moments before.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 16 2015, 23:39

With the 2 heroes tucked away out of plain site in the side tunnel Frostbite turned his attention to creating an ice barrier to block the... whatever it was... from coming after them.

After the previous barrier had fallen Frostbite had no doubt that the one he'd just placed wouldn't last long. His plan to bait and draw the creature away from his friends seemed sound when, moments later, a light flared in the tunnel and bounced from the walls, flickering and flaring.

What could only be described as an eight foot high crocodile like creature walking on its elongated hind legs came into sight, its skin crackling and bubbling with fire. The creature seemed unperturbed that it was on fire, and Frostbite saw it belch fire from its nostrils and throat as it stepped up to the ice wall. instead of melting the wall, though, the creatures 6' long tail whipped round and smashed the wall in! Frostbite figured he could have made the wall thicker to slow it down but it accomplished the task intended.

Crashing through the ice the creature roared, the noise deafening and filling the tunnel! Frosty backed off, away from the others and looked back..

The thing was almost on him! It's speed was terrifying!

With large yellowed fangs, flame red eyes, scaled body covered in boiling fire, claws that looked like daggers and powerful reverse joint legs pounding down the distance between the hero and the creatures unfettered rage, it looked like a thing out of nightmare! It hadn't even said anything, simply hunted down its prey and attacked!

OOC Initiative... Frostbite 10 Creature 4. Frosty goes first but gets the idea that this thing has superior speed to his own. This won't be an easy fight! You are in the sewer tunnels, it's tight and tricky to move about, but you can see this thing fine - it's like a fiery demon/balrog type creature barrelling down towards you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 18 2015, 20:45

Admin wrote:The thing was almost on him! It's speed was terrifying!

With large yellowed fangs, flame red eyes, scaled body covered in boiling fire, claws that looked like daggers and powerful reverse joint legs pounding down the distance between the hero and the creatures unfettered rage, it looked like a thing out of nightmare! It hadn't even said anything, simply hunted down its prey and attacked!

OOC Initiative... Frostbite 10 Creature 4. Frosty goes first but gets the idea that this thing has superior speed to his own. This won't be an easy fight! You are in the sewer tunnels, it's tight and tricky to move about, but you can see this thing fine - it's like a fiery demon/balrog type creature barrelling down towards you!

With a lizard that was cold blooded, that its body was so hot meant it was working overtime in some strange way.  But it seemed all beast and little animal, an abomination of some twisted science fiend gone wrong, or right depending on how you saw it, Frostbite mused.  It was hard to not ignore the sheer brutality of such a beast, but he didn't have time to document its features only try and stop it and provide Rebuff the means to drain it - if drain it should could.  

Moving back along the pipeway, flying to allow himself the maximum manoeuvrability, Frostbite aimed again his arms to shoot.  He had no doubt any creature that was flame retardant, wasn't necessarily going to be affected by his cold, but 'when life gives you lemons...' as his school teachers used to say.  

Steadying his aim, Frostbite fired on the creature pouring on super streams of cold.  OOC: And adding in a few HP say 5 each for accuracy and damage as well.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 19 2015, 22:44

FROSTBITE
HP (After use): 190

Taking aim, Frostbite unleashed an icy blast at the onrushing creature!

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 3,9,+0 Total:12 HIT 8 DAMAGE and knock back 20'

Striking the creature square in the chest, Frostbite noted with satisfaction that it had some effect. Filling the tunnel with steam as it struck the red hot creature, he suddenly encountered another problem... being able to see!

Then the creature charged out of the steam, and though it was no longer flaming, those terrifying claws and fang lined mouth lunging for the hero!

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 3,6,+0 Total:9 HIT 7 DAMAGE, FROSTBITE ON 3/10 BODY!
You can choose to reduce that by spending hero points, 1:1 and can absorb up to 10 damage from any blow in this manner

Striking back, the creature smashed into Frostbite and staggered the hero! The pair were close now, separated by 10', circling each other in the sewer. Just then the thing spoke, a rasping gravel scraping sound but clearly recognisable as speech!

'The creature is speaking in a foreign language. I shall try to ascertain what it... oh. Something about 'eating your heart and liver', if I understand it correctly.' said Frostbite.

Suddenly the creature rocked slightly to the side... Rebuff? Unfortunately that was as far as it got! (OOC ROll 1,4 FAIL)

"It's too strong!" gasped Rebuff from somewhere in the shadows. "My power... it isn't enough!"

"Let me!" called Reflex. Frostbite was about to protest when he saw a strange aura surround the 'Fire Salamander'...

OOC Roll 4,4 DOUBLE plus 10,3 TOTAL 21 Reflex drains 4RAPs of Body from the creature... And gains 4APs of DEX, STR, BODY (up to 6) and a whole bunch of powers up to 4APs

The creature screams, and writhes as it swats at the aura, then it staggers back and props against the wall, breathing hard! Frostbites attack, followed by Reflexes' impressive strike, have brought this thing to its knees!

OOC Frosty wins initiative again (roll 5 Frosty, 2 Salamander)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 20 2015, 07:42

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE
HP (After use): 190

OOC Frosty wins initiative again (roll 5 Frosty, 2 Salamander)

Having been heartened by the team's efforts, Frostbite got his second wind before striking again. OOC: Spend 7 HP to counter the damage done. Then attack again with ice blast, again 4 HP on accuracy, hoping that damage will take care of itself.

Raising his hands, Frostbite again fired. He had to end this fight before the creature could revive. Its powerful attacks, and claws would undo the team if given half a chance. A chance Frostbite was determined it wouldn't get.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 25 2015, 22:16

Frostbite

Hero Points: 179

Encouraged by his teams success against the raging behemoth, Frostbite levelled an arm and sent searing bolt after bolt into the lizard like behemoth!

OOC 2d10 → [4,2] = (6) Ouch. That#s not great. However, with the HP addition...

The creature ducked and weaved as it came at Frostbite...

"How fast IS this thing?" muttered the hero as he blasted time and again. he turned to shout over his shoulder, knowing it would make little difference if the creature went 'through' him what would happen to the others.

Spurred by that fact he pulled his arm up... then down, blasting at the creatures foot! It howled in rage as it fell and slammed face first into the sewer floor!

With a grunt and a gurgle it started to rise... then sagged.

Reflex moved forward, then said "Look!"

The creature was changing... becoming a slight built eastern European man! Rebuff breathed a sigh of relief and dragged the fellow to one side. Pulling a pair of sturdy tie wraps he bound the mans ankles and wrists. "Won't hold him if he goes 'monster' on us but should stop him going anywhere otherwise." He looked pleased with himself but in truth his contribution had been minimal.

Reflex turned to Frostbite. "Back down the other tunnel?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 27 2015, 19:11

Admin wrote:Frostbite

Reflex turned to Frostbite. "Back down the other tunnel?"

OOC: Hey Paul just to say I'm slow to respond as I am away on holiday and on a laptop without my usual character stuff. But I am sure we'll get by fine.

Frostbite nodded, the team had faced their first threat and successfully so. But what was also evident, was this was no longer some standard mission, against some tin pot tyrant, this was clearly something far worse. How many more, like the creature that they just faced, would they yet face above. And would they come out of this at all. It was a steep learning curve with little, or no chance of surviving should they fail. Caution was going to be their friend, for only so much longer. This sentry, in the sewers, would need to report in soon or his superiors would get suspicious, they needed to act and act quickly whilst they retained some element of surprise.

OOC: Ok we're going for the other less well protected entrance to the tunnel, and see where we go from here. I'll have Frostbot on high alert, in case we trigger or tip anyone else off to our presence.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 27 2015, 23:28

OOC Planned to update yesterday but a 39.something degree temperature and recurring case of man flu (that I thought I'd ditched 2 weeks ago having had it for a month including the coughing and stuff) early stages - aching bones, jelly muscles, sore etc. Of course everyone knows Man Flu is the worst possible condition to have. Well, everyone knows that apart from the wife of course. 'Drama Queen'? Pfft. What do women know Razz

FROSTBITE

Sloshing through the murk, the trio made careful progress through the tunnels and came to the 'less guarded' tunnel. Reflex announced that her power had drained away - she was in effect a vampire of sorts, able to drain the life force of opponents and increase her abilities to superhuman levels, but it was a temporary effect, and she neither had the lust for blood nor fear of sunlight of 'ordinary' Vampires.

Rebuff was quiet, knowing that his contribution thus far had been poor. Still, he hoped to get his chance to shine.

"Ok, there. Look. We can get in there." whispered Rebuff as they peered down the tunnel to where a metal ladder, looking shiny and untouched by the sewer murk, led up presumably into the basement of the embassy. A convenient escape route for such things as Embassy Sieges, which were an almost common occurrence in these highly fraught times. There were undoubtedly more of them in these tunnels,

Frostbot announced to his biological partner 'There are motion sensors near the ladders, and cctv. In addition there is an automated sentry gun three feet to the right of where the ladder arrives at the ceiling and all of that is connected to an alarm. It's also possible there are heat and pheromone sensors, though you would need to get closer so I can confirm that.'

Well, no one said being a hero was easy...

OOC You guys are around 30 yards from the ladder. Getting closer - without taking some precaution - might set off the alarms. HOWEVER... with a ladder going up into the embassy that distance away, you might only need to go a few more yards after which you could 'make your own door' - by going straight up! Your call...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 31 2015, 12:11

OOC: Hope the manflu is better, back home now. Had a much needed and wonderful break. Really busy week coming up though, so better get this together.

FROSTBITE

Frostbot announced to his biological partner 'There are motion sensors near the ladders, and cctv. In addition there is an automated sentry gun three feet to the right of where the ladder arrives at the ceiling and all of that is connected to an alarm. It's also possible there are heat and pheromone sensors, though you would need to get closer so I can confirm that.'

Well, no one said being a hero was easy...
[/quote]

Turning to the others, Frostbite spoke quietly to avoid any triggering of alarms. "Regrettably any chance of getting past this section unnoticed is going to require something from me." Noting the quizzical looks Frostbite continued, "I'll pass through the floor and see if we can get in, so as to shut this section off, let you in and then continue. Its the safest way to make sure we can maintain the element of surprise. If I cannot bypass the alarms we'll go for a more direct approach. Either way, keep your coms open and I'll be in touch. Don't hesitate to call if things get hot again down here." Frostbite said, making sure they knew what he was referring to.

With a quick nod of encouragement, he shifted his density and using the spot where they were, and Frostbot's guidance, 'ghosted' up through the sewers into an area he hoped would be least suspicious as possible.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 01 2015, 21:29

OOC Man Flu was a bit wide of the mark. Lung infection and head splitting migraines along with all the flu symptoms, suspected Pneumonia apparently. Went to the Doctors on Friday practically on my knees. Anyway, feel better now, thanks to a couple of types of Anti Biotics and popping painkillers like smarties.
Glad you had a good break - I'm away from Thursday in the Isle of Man for the TT races. I expect/hope to have internet access on an evening and will be doing my best to keep things ticking along, assuming I don't catch a new strain of Ebola/Aids/Bubonic Plague. It wouldn't surprise me the way things have gone lately...

Frostbite

Moving through the floor was tricky. Whatever had changed his powers in the time shift after their last escapades had altered him for the better in some respects, not so much in others. It was almost as if parts of him had been collected from various alternate timelines and coalesced into the current Frostbite. It was him but not the him of old, so to speak. Moving through the brick was like passing through glue, but he did so.

The room above was dark, and though he barely noticed it, cold. A meat cellar, from the smell. Moving between the rows of hanging joints he stepped up to the door and swept a hand across the portal window to look out into a corridor. It was an older part of the mansion, with bare rough brick walls, and signs that rooms had been bricked up and blocked off. So far so good. He tried moving through the steel door. It resisted, and he knew he would have to work harder on his phasing to get it back up to the point he'd been at, where solid was not, and he could pass as though a ghost. With a sigh he tried the handle on the inside of the door, and it opened easily into the corridor. No alarms down this corridor confirmed Frostbot. 'The stairs at the end of the corridor lead into the main kitchen area. You are ... conspicuous and the alarm would be raised were staff to see you.' said Frostbot. Just then a door clicked and a foreign voice spoke something, part laughing. Female from the sounds of things. She was heading this way, down the stairs!

OOC only one door to duck back into - the meat cellar, suggesting she was heading that way...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 01 2015, 22:09

Admin wrote:Just then a door clicked and a foreign voice spoke something, part laughing. Female from the sounds of things. She was heading this way, down the stairs!

OOC only one door to duck back into - the meat cellar, suggesting she was heading that way...

OOC: Wow you don't do anything by halves, do you mate.  Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Frostbite was concerned that the changes in his powers left him more vulnerable at a time when he needed to be at the top of his game.  Finding out in the field was disconcerting and he wondered what else had changed.  It would be something to investigate further, should he have a further beyond this current mission in which to investigate.  

Pulling his thoughts together, he stepped back into the meat fridge, the cold didn't bother him and if necessary it would be no trouble to create an ice and snow frosted section that he could wall off and hide behind.  Or else dissipate back through the way he had come.  But in truth he was getting tired of sneaking around, the girl might not be of any importance.  But the laughter and the lack of any sense of preparedness suggested that despite the tensions mounting outside things inside were far from troubled.  This bothered Frostbite, heightened security but still someone is walking around laughing and coming down as if preparing a meal like nothing is happening!  First things first, Frostbite had to hide and then get the others up quick, the longer they were left alone the greater the chances of them being discovered or doing something that would call attention to themselves.  

Moving the meat around, Frostbite choose what he hoped was an inconspicuous wall, creating first a thing wall off ice and then placing his hands on it to make it frosted and opaque, like the wall against which he was leaning.  He listening in quietly, scarcely breathing whilst also listening for any tale tale signs of discovery.  

OOC: Ok just to move things along, assuming I evade discovering, lets get the others into the basement the best way we can.  Hopefully Frostbot can jack a line from in here and then we can get them into the building.

Have a great time away on Thursday...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14 2015, 00:15

Hiding in the meat cellar, hand covering the glowing blue chestplate, Frostbite waited for what happened next - fight or flight...

He caught glimpses of a woman in her early thirties, brunette, dressed in what looked like soiled rags. They were dark brown, or was that red stains on the formerly white overalls, now shredded at the arms and legs? A glance at the womans face revealed pouting lips, and when she spoke, Frostbite discovered why. Her mouth was brimming with spinelike teeth, dozens of them!

She stopped at a meat carcass, only twenty feet or so near from where Frostbite stood, holding his breath. Someone shouted from above in that foreign tongue, and she laughed, replying.

Then she slammed her mouth into the slab of meat and tore at it, crushing through flesh, bone and muscle without effort! Sucking what she'd bitten up without pause, she took another bite, then another.

Momentarily sated, she turned to leave. Then... a pause.

Sniffing, she turned, frowning. Her eyes narrowed. Glancing about, she reached for the carcass again to causally tear off a chunk of flesh and bone, as easily as one might tear a sheet of tissue paper.

Then another call from above. The woman spared another glance back then left, jogging back up the stairs.

Frostbite watched her go and frostbot announced 'There is a computer terminal point in the room at the top of the stairs in the kitchen, doubtless for communication and information.'. Frostbite knew he'd have to risk jacking into the terminal so moved to the stair bottom, listened, then floated up to the top, and looked in, to the kitchen. It was a large room, implements and food scattered about on worktops. A pair of doors led out into the rest of the place. Set into the wall was a monitor which Frostbot identified as being of use, and he/it accessed it. 'The system is heavily encrypted. Interesting. There is a layer of booby traps to catch out the unwary, This may take several minutes of uninterrupted work to ensure no alarms are raised. Then total access will be gained, including that of the security cameras.'

Frostbot had been at it only a few seconds when Frostbite heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 14 2015, 19:06

Admin wrote:Frostbot had been at it only a few seconds when Frostbite heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen...

Hmm, Frostbite had to wonder if the woman had gone for help to take a more thorough look. Something about this didn't add up, metahumans, kidnapping, and all this whilst waiting for a jet to land and with impunity, to take a kidnapped official! Something smelled funny and it wasn't the way the carnivorous woman had eaten cold chunks of meat like they were nothing. Something about that sent an involuntary shiver down the ice clad hero's back.

OOC: Ok Paul need to know if Frostbot can get on with the hack apart from me, of if I need to be present? Assuming I need to be present then I am going to have to hide again, it's too big an advantage not to try and hack the system to gain the upperhand. But if that isn't going to be possible then I'd better disperse into a wall or something see if I can't find a cavity to lie in wait and see what happens. Whilst I am there if Frostbot can translate that would be helpful, in case I get a clue as to what is going down here.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 15 2015, 22:36

OOC Frostbite can indeed throw Frostbot 'out' of his body to work independently, but there is that chance he gets lost in the wild as happened before. That said, with every time he/it goes for a wander he/it comes back having learned something, be it independence, another level of artificial intelligence and step towards true sentience, more experience in terms of dealing with the toughest challenges and so on.

Something didn't add up to Frostbite in all of this.

Creating an international incident that would have clear and decisive repercussions not just from governments but from the superhuman community seeing as those were the forces involved.

Getting to the truth of the matter would be a challenge, but with only a limited amount of time before the escape jet got here he knew time was running out. Throwing Frostbot 'out there' would be a desperate gamble, a throw of the dice, and possibly sacrificing his companion. His instinct told him there was more at stake than a game of politics...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jun 16 2015, 07:44

Admin wrote:Getting to the truth of the matter would be a challenge, but with only a limited amount of time before the escape jet got here he knew time was running out. Throwing Frostbot 'out there' would be a desperate gamble, a throw of the dice, and possibly sacrificing his companion.  His instinct told him there was more at stake than a game of politics...

"Desperate times, once again old friend." Frostbite said as he let Frostbot know what he was planning with a slight pang of guilt at the thought of leaving a 'man' behind whilst he 'hid' so as to retain some element of surprise. Without knowing what was truly going on here, their attempts might well cause a series of unforeseen problems that could make matters worse. As much as it gauled Frostbite, a man used to taking action, he found himself once again having to play a more tempered hand. Sliding off to one side, he dispersed himself looking for a cavity or space he could hide within until the returning occupant left.

OOC: Ok will use Hero points as necessary to help Frostbot get what needs to be gotten, and hide where I can. I'd like to try and remain within earshot so that I can listen in on any communication or conversation any clues as to what is going on here.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next