The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 29 2014, 22:41

Admin wrote:'There is an electronic surveillance device being used nearby. Look up.' stated Frostbot.

He did so, but saw ... no wait. Something. A shimmering? On the roof of the neighbouring building, he could have sworn there was someone up there, but he couldn't see them...

'I have jammed the signal but can glean no further information without getting closer.' explained Frostbot.

"Looks like you're of far more interest to our unseen watchers than we first imagined.  I guess its unlikely they'll blunder in after us, so I guess for now we take what we can back to Wandafar and see if he can't work some of his expertise in all of this.  I don't like bugging out, when there are possible leads to follow, but not sure if those watching will be easy to follow.  One thing is for sure, someone knows all about you my friend, so I am afraid it won't be easy to return to your old life, without them knowing where to find you.  And know that you know, they know I guess they'll want to find you sooner rather than later."

Frostbite hesitated for a moment wondering if they might be better served for waiting to see if their watcher continued to follow them through.  But then thought better of it, the camera information would be enough.  From the quick impression he got, given Frostbot's analysis, photos could be shared between electronic devices the way voices worked over radio.  But before they left he wanted to check that roof out incase there were any further clues to find.  

OOC:  Ok not sure what I am supposed to do now, so 1. I'll take Guy to the roof, see if I can spot any clues to what or who was shimmering before.  If nothing else happens down below in the meantime, I'll take Guy over the rooftops away from where we met and then call in the transport.  I think we'd best make a break for a more secure location and will allow Wandafar to tell us where to go.  

If however someone does follow us or we do find another clue to follow up here, then all that might be a moot point and we might need to rethink our options.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2

Post  Admin Wed Oct 01 2014, 22:01

"Whoah!" yelled Guy as Frostbite easily hefted him and soared up to the roof!

The flat rooftop was, predictably, empty, but Frostbite took the time to kneel and examine the scuffing of gravel and dust on the rooftop where someone had stood moments before. Guy looked about. "Gone. I got the idea someone was here, as I guess you did, but maybe I was mistaken."

"Where does that leave me?" asks Guy. "I've tried, since getting these powers and coming out of my coma, to live as ordinary a life as I can. I'm not the heroic type - I don't want to be. I like my life as it is, thanks. Yet here we are. You are... a super... man? I've been spied on, bugged, followed for who knows how long. Why? What do they want from me? I'm a writer."

He sighed. Looking at the sky, he gave a wry smile. "I forecast another sunny day in London." Frostbite watched clouds dissipate almost instantly. To a casual observer it might not have seemed suspicious, but it would confound the weather forecasters!

"Sunny days make people smile." said Guy, but he wasn't smiling.

Frostbite was about to answer when he heard a cry and spun about. He saw... rooftops?

All of a sudden, out of thin air, a black clad figure dropped from about six feet off a rooftop to smack into the roof of a building about 200 yards away! Another dark clad figure faded into view, clad all in black, cloak, hood, looking very very familiar to Frostbite...

Guy started "Who is...?" but the dark clad figure nodded, pointed an all black arm at the other dark clad figure lying on the roof, and then vanished!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 02 2014, 08:11

Admin wrote:Guy started "Who is...?" but the dark clad figure nodded, pointed an all black arm at the other dark clad figure lying on the roof, and then vanished!

OOC: Retribution?  or is it someone else I should know, that fact your are not telling me makes me assume you want me to guess.  But in truth its been too long and I don't remember anyone but Retribution who'd fit that bill?

Frostbite ignored the question, as he was more taken with the figure dumped before them.  Moving over to the figure, he ripped off the mask and took a good look at the face.  Also he told Frostbot to scan for electronic counter measures or devices and switch them off or render them inert unless we could take advantage of them.  

Frostbite had to move fast as he had no idea if this person represented a larger organisation or something smaller and he didn't want the lead to grow cold or give the figure chance to counter his move to find out more.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 04 2014, 23:35

Frostbite tore the mask from the dark clad ninja style garbed person who'd been following them, then delivered by the even darker clad figure of Nowhere Man...

The memory rose unbidden from Frostbites' memory, and he looked about, but knew he'd see nothing of the hero he'd known as James Caldwell in another time, another place.

It stood to reason that this Earth might have it's own version, but he was always a conflicted soul. Originally a hero, fallen after abusing his power following his fiancées' death at the hand of criminals and eventually a man who redeemed himself, albeit never finding peace.

The question was, what side of the law was he on?

The defiant face underneath this mask brought Frostbite back to the present. She was young, angry and determined. "I'm not talking. Backup is already on it's way!"

Guy leaned in. "Listen lass, I don't know who you are and I don't care. I do want to know why you were bugging me though. Why not just leave me alone? I wasn't hurting anyone! I just wanted to get on with my life!"

Frostbite looked up. The whirr of distant rotors suggested helicopters, more than one, approaching. They were unseen as yet thanks to low cloud cover and the London skyline.

Guy growled. "This is getting daft. Maybe we should wait, ask them what they want?"

Frostbite saw a glimpse of distant helicopters and knew they'd be here in under a minute. Three helicopters, coming directly for them!

The young woman smiled, as if she knew something the heroes didn't.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 05 2014, 08:17

Admin wrote:Frostbite saw a glimpse of distant helicopters and knew they'd be here in under a minute. Three helicopters, coming directly for them!

The young woman smiled, as if she knew something the heroes didn't.

"Since I don't normally hit women..."  Frostbite said cutting off the angry retort she would have given had she got the chance.  Instead she wore a frostcovering over her mouth and that then bound her legs and arms together. "That'll give a chance to cool off" Frostbite said humourlessly.  He didn't like what he'd stumbled on here, not one bit.  "I think its time for the cloudless skies of London to be hit by a sudden pea soap fog, don't you?"  

As the weather suddenly became chiller and clammy, Frostbite signal to the ship, they were going to need extraction, but he'd prefer not to fight their way out.  Once Guy had finished, Frostbite explained they'd be going for a ride, and lifting the big man effortlessly he took off following Frostbot's direction for the point of extraction.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07 2014, 10:54

Guy turned to the sky, sighed, and whispered "I'd hoped to go through my life without having to do this again..."

His eyes turned white, and the weather responded, the clouds boiling over the sky and the temperature plummeting! "I don't suppose you'll feel the cold, but the residents of London might not appreciate it. Or the fog. Still, keeps the weather forecasters on their toes!"

The mist rolled in, and soon London was covered by a pea soup thick fog!

=========

"The Fog served to cover my arrival" stated Solarl over the radio as she hovered the Skyranger over an area of parkland.

Guy looked up as Frostbite listened to the earpiece as Solarl spoke and took in the sight of the hovering Skyranger. "So, what now? Do I have a choice? These people - whoever they are - know who I am, have infiltrated every facet of my life... My job, my friends, my family... is my life over?"

A flash of light and Solarls' female solid light form appeared amongst them. Despite his surprise, Guy managed not to react.

"We are here to offer you a choice, Mr St Ives." she explained. "Join us, let us train you, establish a new life using your vast abilities to help others, or we can set you up with a new identity somewhere else. Another country even. You can still continue your work, albeit from a distance. Your 'old' life however..."

Guy nodded. "I need to distance myself. Everyone I know or whoever had dealings with could be a target. I get it. Remove myself completely from the scene and there's no reason to target my loved ones any more than anyone else. They won't be able to contact me or 'get to me'... but still..."

"We shall arrange for 'watchers' to look out for your friends and family, and may be able to supply means of tracking them discretely." stated Solarl. "Right now we should go. Although the Skyranger is radar invisible, and the fog you provided makes it obscured from sight, there are other means of attracting attention."

As she spoke the three turned to see a man walking through the fog with his dog several hundred yards away. This low down the fog was broken by trees and Solarls' glow didn't help.

She turned to Frostbite. "I shall supply coordinates to the next name on the list." With a nod she turned to Guy, offered an arm around his waist and flew up to the Skyranger...

OOC Frosty can say what he likes to Guy before he scoots off. He can accompany you but without a costume or full experienced use of his powers it could prove... troublesome!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 07 2014, 12:53

[quote="Admin"]Guy nodded. "I need to distance myself. Everyone I know or whoever had dealings with could be a target. I get it. Remove myself completely from the scene and there's no reason to target my loved ones any more than anyone else. They won't be able to contact me or 'get to me'... but still..."/quote]

Frostbite was intending to say something, but his eyes full of a wistful longing and a time when he was an American working with the British Army, with his sister and family seemed a whole world away. "Be thankful you can live knowing that this, call if you will, might sit heavy with you but won't be inflicted on them. Its a power in us we can bare, we're super human, but in them with no powers it would crush them or the consequences of it could do. Besides things can change, that is why we do what we do. You'd be welcome to join us, with time, training and an open mind at least you can turn this around. You need not waste this opportunity to do something right, where many would love to save for their lack the power to do what is right."

Admin wrote:
"We shall arrange for 'watchers' to look out for your friends and family, and may be able to supply means of tracking them discretely." stated Solarl. "Right now we should go. Although the Skyranger is radar invisible, and the fog you provided makes it obscured from sight, there are other means of attracting attention."

As she spoke the three turned to see a man walking through the fog with his dog several hundred yards away. This low down the fog was broken by trees and Solarls' glow didn't help.

She turned to Frostbite. "I shall supply coordinates to the next name on the list." With a nod she turned to Guy, offered an arm around his waist and flew up to the Skyranger...

OOC Frosty can say what he likes to Guy before he scoots off. He can accompany you but without a costume or full experienced use of his powers it could prove... troublesome!

OOC: Frostbite will continue on alone...

Waving the others off, Frostbite changed and with a cheery wave to the old man, went toward the nearest public transport. Since this was indeed part of the burden on being in this age. It stood to reason that hey ought to make some attempt to try and understand the age and its people he was now a part of. Although he was grateful that Frostbot could probably help him with some of the nuances that would otherwise escape or confuse him.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07 2014, 23:45

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 - Page 2 List

With Guy St Ives safely on his way Frostbite took to the air and Frostbot relayed the list to his mind and overlaid directions to the last known addresses of each of the people he needed to visit and recruit, or at least ensure they didn't use their abilities to evil ends.

As he flew Frostbite considered that someone else might have access to the same information. A person, or persons, knew about Guy. They'd bugged his house, hacked his computer, come for him... And Joe had gotten there in the nick of time. So, who was next on the list?

Caldwell... Nowhere Man

The thought popped unbidden into his head.

Ashe... This one was trickier. Darkshadow? Yes.

Joseph Rigdon. Frostbite.

The mind inside of him shouted out! This reality would of course have its own version of ...

Joe paused in flight.

Might there be some way to transfer that other 'him' into this realities' body? To grant him freedom, to ... He examined the address, then raised an eyebrow. A psychiatric hospital? Had this realities' Joseph Rigdon fallen on hard times? Was his life to become more difficult still, with a visit from Frostbite... or from these mysterious black clad types...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 08 2014, 08:39

Admin wrote:Joseph Rigdon. Frostbite.

The mind inside of him shouted out! This reality would of course have its own version of ...

Joe paused in flight.

Might there be some way to transfer that other 'him' into this realities' body? To grant him freedom, to ... He examined the address, then raised an eyebrow. A psychiatric hospital? Had this realities' Joseph Rigdon fallen on hard times? Was his life to become more difficult still, with a visit from Frostbite... or from these mysterious black clad types...

Indicating to Frostbot his choice, Frostbite circled once in the air gathered speed and headed for the last known location of Joseph Rigdon. Whatever this timeline's version of Joe had become, he owed it to his predecessor to find out. Besides which, who knew what had become of him - if like Guy St Ives, he to had some sort of power, as yet untapped or untrained. He might be a danger to himself and those around him. Let alone any interested party who might also be on the look out for meta humans, like Guy.

As he flew, he had Frostbot search the internet for details on the place and tried to concoct some kind of working persona under which he could arrange to see Joseph. If at all possible he then arranged for Frostbot to schedule a visit for him, so that when he turned up his presence wasn't unannounced.

OOC: Ok so if at all possible to do a a search, and find out more about the place, and potential alias' that I can use to turn up with. Also if Frostbot can hack the appointments diary database and put me in for a visit with Joe. And finally leave a convincing enough electronic paper trail to make my persona stand up to a rudimentry examination that would be cool. But I'll settle for an appointment and pose as an old friend or something if need be. When I get to the site, I'll circle around, allow Frostbot to do what he needs and can with surveillance and finding out what he can, before we change and walk up to the place and see if we can't get in.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 11 2014, 22:08

Whilst he flew to the site, Frostbite gave Frostbot more than enough to do...

Which the sentient computer personality took on with relish! "At last! A task that befits my considerable talents!" exclaimed the computer program.

Frostbite circled the place twice at altitude. Country manor style house, big, with 'wings'. Surrounded by reasonably tended gardens and a high (12') wall to keep people out, and presumably, in.

OOC Roll for Frostbot to do what it does. 2d10 → [5,9] = (14)

Frostbite landed at the front gate when he heard "I need more time." from Frostbot. "Your 'trail' will go back a number of years but this place has tight security - around Joseph Rigdon. The extra funding was paid for by a corporation known as Destiny Incorporated. All I can find on them is that they were a start up firm a few years ago formed of a think tank of scientists to come up with ways of countering the 'metahuman threat'. They have no known revenue streams aside from donations, all from anonymous donors. Why they are interested in Mr Rigdon is unknown. There is a strict rule on screening of visitors anyway, and a ban on visiting Joe Rigdon unless through Destiny. That's the part I cannot access. They have no internet presence so I suggest we cancel this trip and pay the HQ of Destiny Inc a visit to hack into their systems at close range and plant the required information."

There was a pause as Frostbite landed at the front wall, then walked over to the gate, though stopping back some way and out of sight of the camera/intercom system.

"Or you could blag it." suggested Frostbot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 12 2014, 13:21

Admin wrote:There was a pause as Frostbite landed at the front wall, then walked over to the gate, though stopping back some way and out of sight of the camera/intercom system.

"Or you could blag it." suggested Frostbot.

"I always was more the direct approach type of guy." He said so that only Frostbot could hear. Striding purposefully up to the main door not bothering to make it look as if he was in any way bothered by security, checks or the unorthodox way he had entered, Frostbite looked fit to burst. A scowl helped it look like he was both a man on a mission and someone who'd clearly at the end of a tenuous bit of rope. He wanted to create the impression that he'd been left standing, then with little opportunity to do otherwise, had 'hoped' over the wall to gain entry.

Already in his mind he was working the angles, using the scraps that Frostbot had managed to plant together with some story about being a destiny representative not accustomed to being left waiting and ignored. The damaged security panel he'd 'sabotaged' before coming back in, would add some conviction to his story that he was not able to contact the house...oh and don't tell me, you've got no record of my appointment. Great that is just great...' was the thought he imagined himself leading into as he was brought before whoever he had to answer to for his intrusion.

Yes 'blagging it' would do nicely, well at least until such a time as he could find out what in blue blazes was going on around here.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 13 2014, 22:13

He was walking up the driveway when half a dozen burly white clad orderlies - who looked like they wouldn't be out of place in a cage fight - charged towards him...

"What's your game?" one hissed as the others spread out round Joe. Another piped up "Your trespassing. This is a secure site."

"Any bother and you'll be escorted from the grounds after a brief struggle. Turn round now and you can walk back to the gates of your own accord."

"The police will be informed."

"Eventually."

Clearly they didn't like intruders. Frosty had settled on his story, but the delivery of said tale might affect the coming few seconds...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 13 2014, 22:23

Admin wrote:He was walking up the driveway when half a dozen burly white clad orderlies - who looked like they wouldn't be out of place in a cage fight - charged towards him...

"What's your game?" one hissed as the others spread out round Joe. Another piped up "Your trespassing. This is a secure site."

"Any bother and you'll be escorted from the grounds after a brief struggle. Turn round now and you can walk back to the gates of your own accord."

"The police will be informed."

"Eventually."

Clearly they didn't like intruders. Frosty had settled on his story, but the delivery of said tale might affect the coming few seconds...

"Well I must say this is a strange way to treat a trusted employee of Destiny Incorporated. First the communication box at the front entrance is vandalised, leaving me little choice but to find my own way in. Now I'm to be manhandled by you. I don't think so, and now should you. If you ever want to leave this place with a pension intact, I suggest you stop blocking my way and start leading the way to reception. I made an appointment, its not my fault that your jumped up security is working at odds with the local vandals. Now get out of my way, or by all means, allow me the pleasure of watching your termination...your choice." Frostbite said the last line with added coldness, not something that he altogether found difficult to do.

IN truth this was becoming cumbersome, but he suspected that a direct approach might be thwarted and getting Rigdon out before he got in, my prove nigh on impossible without a degree of cunning. However he was quickly tiring of the shared of being who he wasn't. At some point he simply accepted he was Frostbite, and was quite happy with that. Adopting other personalities however was proving a burden, one he could do without.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:17

"Wait... What?" spluttered one of the guards. "D... Destiny? You're...?"

He looked at the other guards who took a step back, suddenly unsure. "You better not..."

They looked at one another, then seemed to come to a decision. "Come with us. You better be on the level though. If not..."

"Steady on Mick. If he is who he says... we're in over our pay grade." said one of the guards.

Mick paused, nodded, and licked his dry lips. "Aye, well, go check out the panel. Rest o you, check the place. Jack, you're with me. And him." he said, referring to Joe/Frostbite.

They walked up to the grand house and into the reception. "Take a seat." said Mick. It was more of an order than an invitation. "Please." he added with a forced smile. He turned to the other guard and ordered "Make sure our guest is tended. Rules are rules."

Frostbite looked about. He was sat in a large open room, a large wide staircase leading up and corridors to either side of the stairs with doors off. A desk - untended - was by the door, computer terminal secure passworded. The single guard tending Frostbite crossed his arms and gave a yellow toothed grin. "Make yourself comfortable. Sir." he ordered, making sure that this fellow, regardless of who he was, wouldn't cause bother. Or so he thought.

OOC Stay put whilst checks are run...? Or make his own, unique way through the guard, and this place?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 16 2014, 13:04

Admin wrote:OOC Stay put whilst checks are run...? Or make his own, unique way through the guard, and this place?

Frostbite wasn't going to wait around for his cover to be blown, so instead he used a few minutes afforded by the men to play a little game.  "Frostbot, get into their system if you can, either finish planting the evidence, or else do something that makes it look like a virus has just hacked the system.  That way, my story about the vandalism, suddenly goes up a notch and perhaps covers me from having to fight my way out of this.  Also see if you can work out where Rigdon is being held, before system goes down.  I guess its too much to ask to get in on the security counter measures, but perhaps you can find out what I need to avoid so I don't go blundering in on any booby trapped doors or walls."  

Frostbite got up, pretending to stretch his legs, he noted the way the guard purposefully grew weary, but hoped that in stretching out with talk of hurting his leg getting in, the guard would relent long enough for Frostbite to get nearer the terminals if Frostbot needed to.  

OOC: Ok lets get what we can, set up what we can, to cover our tracks and then we'll think about blowing this and getting to Rigdon.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 17 2014, 21:57

'This would be easier if you were nearer the terminal' stated Frostbot in a snooty voice.

'Nonetheless, it is not something that I cannot... what is that? Oh. For a minute there I... wait... Skrrrrrrzzzzzzz!' screamed Frostbot inside Joe's head!

Then there was silence!

Frostbite hadn't heard anything like that from his time with the sentient program.

He looked at the computer terminal. Even without Frostbot he had options. His powers, his skills, his brains. The guard looked over. "Hey, if you're not who you say you are, we're going to have to insist you leave. This place is a secure facility. The ... guests are some very important people. We can't let just anyone in, you realise. Of course, if your story checks out..."

'Skrrrrzzzz... Frost... Bot...' hissed/crackled a voice in Frostbites' head!

There were distant footsteps and voices, getting closer. From somewhere in the place a group of people were coming closer. This guys friends? Had he been rumbled, or had Frostbot managed to plant enough of a seed to get him deeper into this place?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Oct 17 2014, 22:11

Admin wrote:'Skrrrrzzzz... Frost... Bot...' hissed/crackled a voice in Frostbites' head!

There were distant footsteps and voices, getting closer. From somewhere in the place a group of people were coming closer. This guys friends? Had he been rumbled, or had Frostbot managed to plant enough of a seed to get him deeper into this place?

Frostbite didn't like the fact that something as powerful as Frostbot was potentially in danger.  Then again, what could Frostbite hope to do against something as intangible as a computer.  Pull the plug?  

On hearing the guards, challenge, Frostbite gave him a stern cold and condescending look, as if to suggest this was all beneath him.  In truth he felt he had no choice but to wait this out.  Any other option would spoil the element of surprise and more importantly, Frostbite wasn't sure what counter measures he might yet be up against.  This time line was, not unlike his own full of surprises.  Technology that ought not to be around, but was.  It was all very strange, but no more so than people from Lionheart's future coming back to aid Hilter in his won time.  Might such sponsors try again in this time line?   Who knew, but Frostbite would be none the wise if he blew what cover he had too soon.  As the men came down the corridor he acted, with some measure of self will, calm and collected expecting nothing other than that which his cover demanded.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 20 2014, 21:15

The guards accompanied a woman in a suit and glasses as she strode in high heels over the glass smooth tiled floor...

She was probably in her late 30s, attractive but stern looking, hair bunched up on her head and a cross expression on her face.

Stopping in front of Frostbite she put hands on hips and glanced up and down at him. The guards seemed to cow somewhat and it was clear she was in charge.

"Whoever you are, I must state that this interruption comes at a MOST inopportune time. I have contacted Mr Grey at Destiny and will be making most clear my objections to these ad hoc inspections. Have the results not been effective? You will have your serum AND what you really want - Yes, I know about your cold fu..."

She glanced about, then huffed. "Suffice to say you are not wanted or needed here. You shall have a full report this evening, as shall our superiors!"

She was about to turn to leave...

'She is referring to cold fusion i believe. Cold fusion is a hypothetical type of nuclear reaction that would occur at, or near, room temperature, compared with temperatures in the millions of degrees that are required for "hot" fusion, which takes place naturally within stars. There is currently no accepted theoretical model which would allow cold fusion to occur. However, were one to attain a means of supercooling the nuclear process on a scale sufficiently able to cover any spikes of temperature, it might be possible to generate essentially unlimited amounts of safe power. A 'holy grail' thought impossible at least by this era's scientific minds.' stated Frostbot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 20 2014, 21:18

Frostbite realised Frostbot was 'back' but the sentient computer continued...

'I am running from one of my multiple backups at a capacity somewhere approaching 10% of my optimum, which appears to have been affected by an unknown virus capable of dissembling my future tech code. You should be aware that a hard reboot might be the only way of resetting my system...'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 20 2014, 21:46

Admin wrote:Frostbite realised Frostbot was 'back' but the sentient computer continued...

'I am running from one of my multiple backups at a capacity somewhere approaching 10% of my optimum, which appears to have been affected by an unknown virus capable of dissembling my future tech code. You should be aware that a hard reboot might be the only way of resetting my system...'

Frostbite didn't like the sound of that so replied, "Hang in there if you can, buddy. I need all the support I can get whilst I'm amongst the bad guys here. But if you've gotta go, then go. I can't chance loosing you permanently."

Whoever or whatever was behind this initiative certainly had far more going for them than met the eye. Sophisticated with muscle, Frostbite had best tread carefully whoever was interested in Joe Rigdon, was not someone to be taken for granted lightly.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 23 2014, 22:35

"Show the gentleman out. We have things to attend to" said the woman as she turned on her heel and started striding away.

As the sounds of her heels started to recede the guards formed a semi circle around Joe.

"You heard the lady. No appointment, no record of the visit... These spot checks might sound like a great idea in the board room, but this is the real world. That means we play by her rules. And that means you go back to where you came from pal." smiled the big fellow.

He shrugged, held out his hands and grinned "Hey, I don't make the rules. She says jump and we don't even ask how high. We just do it."

Joe knew 'something' was going on here, and Frostbot was apparently 'lost' in their computer system, which was something far more than met the eye!

Would he go quietly, or would he...

'I believe the security cameras are using a mass spectrographic density estimator on your physical form. It may be a standard method of seeing if anyone who comes into this place is who they say they are, but it WILL detect your superdense muscle mass and physical attributes' stated Frostbot, or at least 10% of him.

Great. They.. someone... was about to find out he was a superhuman!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 23 2014, 22:47

Admin wrote:Would he go quietly, or would he...

'I believe the security cameras are using a mass spectrographic density estimator on your physical form. It may be a standard method of seeing if anyone who comes into this place is who they say they are, but it WILL detect your superdense muscle mass and physical attributes' stated Frostbot, or at least 10% of him.

Great. They.. someone... was about to find out he was a superhuman!

Frostbite considered his options, he wasn't one for going gung ho without a plan, maybe age and the war had taught him more than he realised.  But he also realised that 'sneaking' back in might be nigh on impossible.  Whilst right now he was in, and that meant he might be able to take the only other element he had, the element of surprise.  

"Wait..." He shouted after the woman, "What about Rigdon?  Are we sure about him, I mean."  It was a chance, but should he be able to close to the woman he could use her as a potential hostage.  She was clearly important and could help him get to Joe.  However this whole thing about super cold, could Joe be the means for this cold fusion, somehow keeping him here, was a ruse to use and abuse him in this experiment.  Certainly his own cold based powers proved that using people with powers to circumvent natural limitations might be away to short cut such limitations.

Using Joe's name was a chance, but it was one that Frostbite was willing to use to gain any traction he could, before he decided to launch an attempt and going full Frostbite on them.  

OOC: attempt to get close to the woman, re-engage her in conversation, if that doesn't work then blow the cover and go for full frost and freeze everyone on the spot.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 23 2014, 23:28

She considered for a moment what Joe was saying, narrowed her eyes, and gave him a thousand yard stare.

"All right. But this is MY facility, my rules. Blindfold him." she said.

The guards looked surprised, and one even opened his mouth to question the boss before wisely thinking better of it.

She strode up to Joe. "My time is precious. I am aware of the... valuable ... input Destiny put into this project, and of the considerable financial commitment, but know this. Without my .. unique ... skills, all of that is as if a Billion pounds had been flushed into the toilet."

A... Billion...?

"Now, when I mean 'blindfold', I really mean it..." she said, when one of the guards came up with a... syringe full of green fluid?

What on earth was going on here, what was the money being spent on, and what would the stuff inside that syringe do to Joe - assuming the needle could break through his skin?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Oct 24 2014, 08:01

Admin wrote:"Now, when I mean 'blindfold', I really mean it..." she said, when one of the guards came up with a... syringe full of green fluid?

What on earth was going on here, what was the money being spent on, and what would the stuff inside that syringe do to Joe - assuming the needle could break through his skin?

Frostbite could have sworn, if it was the sort of thing he did, but he still felt like he was running out of options. Having moved closer to the woman, he offered up a comment as a last ditch attempt. "Oh no, the reason I am here is eyes only. If however I'm 'blindfolded' my usefulness to Mr Grey just went down the tubes like the Titanic. Why would Destiny and you know, Mr Grey who isn't one to be trifled with, send someone could easily be fooled. Yes a lot is at stake and for that reason we need, I need to see what is going on - without the usual tricks. I am as he and therefore I'm his eyes. You use that stuff on me and what guarantees do I bring that I'm not just seeing what you want me to report rather than something we can use, you know the genuine article?"

As he spoke, Frostbite casually moved closer, if this was about to go south and his bluff was going to fail then he needed to use the lady as means to complete his mission. He had clearly stumbled on something much bigger and his chance to get Rigdon from the clutches of these people was going to be now or never. He needed to play it smart, or else even this opportunity might be lost to him. Anyone prepared to spend the kinds of money being spent here, wasn't going to mess around.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 26 2014, 22:51

The woman narrowed her eyes again.

"Alright. Follow me." she ordered, turned and strode to the elevator. As she walked, she talked over her shoulder. "The project for Destiny is, as you know, one beneficial to mankind as well as extremely profitable to Destiny. Billions of people across the world will benefit in ways we haven't even discovered yet - we are on the cusp of greatness. The key is metahumans."

She stopped and turned. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, I'm sure you'll agree?"

With that she turned to the lift which had swished open and gestured for Joe to go in. "After you." she turned to the guards. "back to your posts. Get that security gate fixed and have patrols increased. I shall deal with all of you individually later..." She turned to face Joe and raised an eyebrow. "Well?" she asked, looking towards the lift.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next