The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms!

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms!

Post  Admin Wed Sep 24 2014, 23:55

Jade Hood tossed another throwing star...

OOC 2d10 → [5,5] = (10) DOUBLE plus 2d10 → [3,2] = (5). Hit...

"Arggh!" said the Officer as the throwing star punched into his shoulder. Jade Hood noted that the fellow didn't seem overly perturbed by the fact a shining metal star jutted from him.

Or the fact a dark green liquid poured from the wound as opposed to the expected red.

Stone Fist moved to cover his friends' retreat as the martial artist supreme made his exit.

The SS officer raised his weapon... and fired!

OOC 2d10 → [3,9] = (12) Hit! Stone Fist takes 2 damage, putting him on 6 (out of 8) body.

Stone Fist had done his job - protected his friends. But the Nazi soldiers regained some courage and slowed their retreat... then started jogging back to stand alongside the Officer and raise their weapons!

"Kill him! I only need their bodies. Alive or dead makes no difference!" laughed the SS Officer as he touched a finger to his wound, dipped into the green blood, and licked it with a decidedly reptilian tongue!

OOC Stone Fist still has his Dice Action (attack) if you want. Picking something up - the manhole cover, perhaps, for a throw. Or he can dive into the hole into the sewers to escape with his friends?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 25 2014, 08:08

Admin wrote:OOC Stone Fist still has his Dice Action (attack) if you want. Picking something up - the manhole cover, perhaps, for a throw. Or he can dive into the hole into the sewers to escape with his friends?

See that the powerful gun, had actually hit his friend, Jade Hood had reason to pause at the entrance to the sewer. He waited poised to help, if his friend should become captive to the enemy. He knew that should be be hit again then there was the real possibility that his friend might be captured, or worse killed.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 25 2014, 23:05

Throw the gate he is holding at them and then head for cover.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 26 2014, 23:10

Jade Hood dived to the side as Stone Fist leapt down the drain into the sewers below the streets of Cairo!

Mary wailed "What is it with this place and sewers? I can never stay clean!"

Stone Fist and Jade Hood got the group moving, with Jack Logan quipping "Not that way. You have two choices. Down there... and towards the river, or that way and we should come out nearer the airfield." He looked up. "Uh oh."

OOC The Nazis are dashing towards the manhole and readying weapons... that SS Officer is the real threat, but his goons have machine guns and grenades. Not enough to worry our heroes but they have two scientists, a former pilot and an archaeologist in tow...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Sep 27 2014, 14:02

Admin wrote:Stone Fist and Jade Hood got the group moving, with Jack Logan quipping "Not that way. You have two choices. Down there... and towards the river, or that way and we should come out nearer the airfield." He looked up. "Uh oh."

OOC The Nazis are dashing towards the manhole and readying weapons... that SS Officer is the real threat, but his goons have machine guns and grenades. Not enough to worry our heroes but they have two scientists, a former pilot and an archaeologist in tow...

As they divide for cover into the sewers a plan formed in Jade Hood's mind. It might not work, but what choice did they have. "Friend Stone, if we could get the Nazi's to throw a grenade, catch it and then use it to seal the way behind us, could we not, as you American's say, 'buy us some time?'"

It might all be a moot point, the Nazi might want their bodies intact, but if they could taught the men, so that they might fear coming down the sewers after them, they may try to use a grenade. Stonefist's incredible skin, made him the best to try the stunt, and Jade Hood's unparalleled dexterity made him the best choice to catch any grenade.

In any case Jade was sure that the Nazi's would likely cover both the sea port and the airstrip. But unlike a boat, a plan was far less likely to be stopped if it got airborne. But it all depended on what they did next.

OOC: If we can convince the Nazi's that we are hiding at the bottom of the sewer waiting to catch them one by one, then perhaps we might just be able to get them to follow this bizzarre plan of mine. In any case I think we head for the airstrip following this. But a circuitous route if at all possible.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 27 2014, 22:26

"Airfield," Stone Fist muttered, "probably have crocs in the river. Read about that, bigger than gators."

Stone Fist nodded at Jade Hood's plan.

"Get them to safety," he said quickly, "I will block any shots or explosions as best I can. If possible, use what they send our way to collapse the tunnel. Don't have time to try to do it manually."

actions: If we get grenades thrown down on us, going to do the old smother it with my body routine EXCEPT I'm only going to half-curl around it so the explosions can go back towards the Nazis while using my body to shield our friends. If bullets, stand in the middle of the tunnel and absorb them as best I can while the others flee to safety with Jade Hood leading them - so he can handle what waits for us at the end.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 28 2014, 23:11

Jade Hood must have been reading the Nazis' minds...

Clink!

CLANK!

Clatter!

Three grenades dropped to the floor, and Jade Hood caught two others, one in each hand! Even as he did so, Stone Fist moved to stand between the others and the three ticking grenades!

One he could - possibly - handle. But three?

These men thought faster and reacted quicker than most ordinary people could even register, but they had - literally - a heartbeat to decide what to do!

OOC Roll for Jade Hood...2d10 → [4,6] = (10) Catches the grenades. They are just about to explode! He can toss them back up the sewer shaft as per plan, or higher still to give the Nazis something to think about - but don't think about it too long, and Jade Hood might catch some of the blast of three grenades going off! Come to think of it, if Stone Fist ever wondered what his limits were... well he might be about to find out!

Same actions? Or something else? Jack and the others are *just* running into a tunnel about fifteen feet away...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Oct 01 2014, 21:52

going to still shield folks with my body and hope to direct the explosion the right way. And hope Jade Hood is smart enough to leap over me and use my body as a shield after he gets rid of his presents.

Figure this is going to hurt ... a lot! I think I planned on Stone Fist being relatively bullet-proof but not armor-piercing bullet-proof and grenades are somewhere in-between in damage, I think.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 01 2014, 23:01

The grenades go off!!!

OOC Attacks...

2d10 → [4,4] = (8) DOUBLE plus 2d10 → [7,5] = (12) = 20, Haunt takes 3 points of damage
2d10 → [6,2] = (8) 'Miss'
2d10 → [5,9] = (14) Haunt takes 1 point of damage

Stone Fist is on 4/8 Body, having taken 4 damage

The smoke fills the cavern, and the groups ears are ringing. Mary covers her mouth, trying not to scream even as she is dragged back by Jack and shoved down the tunnel.

Stone Fist groans, but he's still here, still alive. His skin is... bruised, blackened, criss crossed by cuts, and he knows that had he been an ordinary man he would have been blown to smithereens!

Even as this registered, he could feel his skin itching.

He'd just been 'blown up' (sort of) and already his body was on the mend!

The smoke would clear in seconds. The Nazis would be coming down that ladder shortly!

Would the heroes stick around or use the opportunity to make good their escape?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:25

D'OH!  Ladder!  Stone Fist rips the ladder from the wall, placing it right under the hole so anyone who tries to jump down may be hurt by landing on it or at least twisting an ankle, and then runs away.

Ought to slow them down a bit.

Last edited by DavidMcMahon on Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added stuff to it)
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 04 2014, 23:08

Despite the damage it had taken from the blast, the ladder had still been serviceable... until Stone Fist tore it from the wall and folded the metal into a scrunched up useless ball of metal!

With that the group took off, once more braving the sewers of Egypt!

==========

"What IS it with you people?" spluttered Mary after wiping her face.

She'd fallen in the muck and after a stifled scream, had turned on Jade Hood and Stone Fist with an angry wave of the finger. "You're like bullet magnets! trouble magnets! You draw danger to you like a ... cowpat to flies!"

jack Rolled his eyes, handed Mary a stained handkerchief to wipe her face, then wrinkled his nose at the smell. "Relax, dollface! These guys are amazin'. I ain't seen nothin' like what these guys can do.I don't know what it is that the Nazis are after from you but the longer you keep it from those guys the better as far as I can see. Anyway..."

He looked up at a rusted long unused ladder.

"We're here."

The manhole cover popped up as Stone Fist popped his head from the hole and looked about. They were about twenty feet from a fence and beyond that was the airfield. Various planes of all shapes and sizes were parked about, illuminated by the setting sun as it continued it's inevitable decline as the evening drew long.

They had to get over the ten foot face - hardly a barrier to those involved. The problem was the guards who wandered about the place with dogs. Not so much as a challenge, more as a problem if they raise the alarm.

OOC The nearest plane is a cargo/passenger type known as a DC2, forerunner to the DC3 which was one of the most successful aircraft of the time apparently. It's being loaded with suitcases at the moment, so chances are passengers will follow at some point. It's about 100 yards from the fence, 110 yards from where you are, and there's open field in between the plane and you. A guard with a bored Alsation leans against the nose having a smoke only yards from where the fuel truck is pumping juice into it. Next stop India. You just need to get to the plane first.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Oct 08 2014, 21:55

"Should I rip the fence open and then we casually walk towards the plane," Stone Fists asks the others, "Or someone have a better plan?"

"Or Mary could act as a damsel in distress and run towards that guard, distracting him while Jade Hood and I get close and knock him and the other guards out?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 09 2014, 08:23

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Should I rip the fence open and then we casually walk towards the plane," Stone Fists asks the others, "Or someone have a better plan?"

"Or Mary could act as a damsel in distress and run towards that guard, distracting him while Jade Hood and I get close and knock him and the other guards out?"

OOC: Sorry guys no notification to this update, so just found it whilst searching the website.  Feel free to nudge if more than a day goes by without me responding, unless something major's going down I'm almost always able to respond within 24 hours.  So if you're waiting on me it might be that the notification system hasn't alerted me again.  

Jade Hood took in the scene, noting that when they had chance the first order of business was clean clothes.  As Stone Fist whispered in his gravelly tones his suggest plan, Jade nodded with the second one. "Friend Stone Fist, as ever you prove to be a man of great wisdom beyond what is apparent to the casual observer.  I suggest that Mary also distracts the dog, as it is more likely to sense danger and alert the guard.  A quick nerve punch to both, hopefully should eliminate the need for unnecessary violence."

Testing the wind, Jade Hood indicated to Stone Fist where they should approach form, taking note of the movement of the other guards, he then suggested how Mary could approach the guard and fuss over the dog, in an appropriate way so as to hamper its ability to alert the guard when Stone Fist and he pounced.  Turning to Jack, Jade said, "Friend Jack, you have been indeed a loyal and trustworthy companion, but this is as far as you need come.  We are grateful, but you have a life here, thank you for helping with ours."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 11 2014, 22:37

Mary rolled her eyes, then straightened her hair as best she could. "How do I look?" she asked.

Probably best not to answer that one after trudging through the sewer. She sighed, then started laying on her best distressed damsel voice as she jogged/half stumbled towards the guard on the other side of the fence.

Meanwhile Jade Hood turned to Jack.

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Wait, so I help you escape the Nazis, my bar gets shot up and half blown up, and it's 'thanks for all you done, now clear off?' Hey man, I'm in this for the ride, not least of which to get outta here. Those ratzis catch up with me they won't be gentle in trying to find out what I know about you! Which ain't much aside from being amazed at what you can do. Those?" he thumbed at the two sheepish scientists who were looking much less like they were from the future and more likely from the gutter. "I don't know anything about at all. All I know is that unless someone speaks up otherwise, that plane is my best route outta here and I'm the man who can fly it, unless you're a pilot?"

Stone Fist looked over Jacks shoulder and saw Mary chatting to the guard who was looking quizzically at her. Versed in several languages, Mary held his attention, and the Dogs, though it was whining to get away, or at least upwind from her. That gave the group an opportunity to get up to the fence and through it without alerting the guard or the distracted dog.

They could make their escape on the plane and head to India, the next port of call for tracking down the ingredients to the super soldier serum... But it would mean leaving Mary behind as they took off down the runway!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 12 2014, 17:01

Admin wrote:Mary rolled her eyes, then straightened her hair as best she could. "How do I look?" she asked.

Meanwhile Jade Hood turned to Jack.

"Friend Jack indeed is brave as he is honourable.  We would be glad of your assistance."

Turning back to the matter at hand, Jade Hood nodded toward Mary, "Friends we are going to need you to get to the plan, and I think friend Stone fist and I are going to need to take down the guard and his dog as humanely as possible so we can bring Mary with us.  She gets into a terrible mess with us, so I would have to think what would happen with us.  Friend, Stone Fist, what do you say?"

OOC:
Just of the record my thought is Stone Fist Jumps over with the others, and Jack gets the plane started, meanwhile I approach Mary, acting annoyed saying things like, "There you are, how dare you run away from me..." Etc, and Stone Fist taken the guard and dog out with a bank handed knock out punch or pinch etc, rather than just trying to flatten them.  That way I can also get Mary over and jump into the fray if need be, before we try and make good our escape.  The other option is Stone Fist grabs dog and guard, throws them outside the fence and I jump in with Mary...whatcha think?

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Wait, so I help you escape the Nazis, my bar gets shot up and half blown up, and it's 'thanks for all you done, now clear off?' Hey man, I'm in this for the ride, not least of which to get outta here. Those ratzis catch up with me they won't be gentle in trying to find out what I know about you! Which ain't much aside from being amazed at what you can do. Those?" he thumbed at the two sheepish scientists who were looking much less like they were from the future and more likely from the gutter. "I don't know anything about at all. All I know is that unless someone speaks up otherwise, that plane is my best route outta here and I'm the man who can fly it, unless you're a pilot?"

Stone Fist looked over Jacks shoulder and saw Mary chatting to the guard who was looking quizzically at her. Versed in several languages, Mary held his attention, and the Dogs, though it was whining to get away, or at least upwind from her. That gave the group an opportunity to get up to the fence and through it without alerting the guard or the distracted dog.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Oct 14 2014, 18:42

works for thought since you are Oriental, might be better to switch it around unless you are doing the Evil Oriental Mastermind thing with Mary as your "consort". Fu Manchu Lives! Suspect
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 14 2014, 21:45

DavidMcMahon wrote:works for thought since you are Oriental, might be better to switch it around unless you are doing the Evil Oriental Mastermind thing with Mary as your "consort".  Fu Manchu Lives!    Suspect

Works for me lets go with the mysterious Oriental then as, David has suggested.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 14 2014, 22:15

The guard looked amused as Mary spoke, acting distraught and wringing her hands, but resolute - she wasn't getting past without the right paperwork...

When Jade Hood strode up he straightened, and the dog growled. With a hand on a pistol and holding the dog on a loose leash, the guard challenged him. Another vagrant in sewer soiled clothes?

Meanwhile Stone Fist moved up to the fence followed by the nervous future scientists (Doctors Wulfgang and Soo Lin Yin). Dr Wulfgang muttered "We need to get over this fence some..."

Stone Fist marched up to the fence, grabbed a couple of handfuls, and tore it open like paper...

OOC 2d10 → [8,5] = (13) Yup

"oh." Muttered Wulfgang.

Meanwhile jade Hood didn't waste any time...

OOC Multi attack on the guard and the dog. He wins initiative, but they aren't surprised when he attacks. 2d10 → [6,9] = (15) 5RAPs on each, easily enough to take both out!

Mary gasped and kneeled down next to the dog... "You... you..." it stirred, and snapped at her, causing her to squeal "Brute!" before Jade Hood gave a numbing chop to the dogs head - enough to quiet it but do no lasting damage.

On board the plane the group were impressed. Clean, new, ready to serve transporting passengers around in fast, reliable comfort. Spoiled somewhat by the filthy ichor splattered group.

"Look vot I found!" said Wulfgang, opening the hatch to the hold. "Ze cases are full of clothes! Ve can clean up und..." He looked out of the window.

Stone Fist looked out of the window and saw Jade Hood ushering Mary along the field towards the plane, and in the distance, a black car roared through the streets towards the airport. Followed by a truck.

How on earth had the Nazis figured to find them here?

Jack turned about. "We have another problem. Look."

Stone Fist looked through the cockpit window. "Is that..."

"An incoming plane. We have a choice. Wait till he's landed and those Ratzis are on us... or we go. And risk..."

Mary clambered on board, followed by Jade Hood. "Wow! This is swish! We really lucked out here! So when do we set off?"

OOC Incoming Nazis, a minute or so away, and that plane coming in to land at the airport. A minute or so away. Hey, no one said things would ever go smoothly...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 14 2014, 22:24

Admin wrote:

OOC Incoming Nazis, a minute or so away, and that plane coming in to land at the airport. A minute or so away. Hey, no one said things would ever go smoothly...

"Friends, if we do not leave now, its likely that the Nazi's will turn this 'swish' plane into chopped soy, we go now. Agreed?"

Jade Hood wasn't really looking for agreement, simply the excuse to say what everyone knew to be true, but without the need to debate it, giving the Nazi's the chance to puncture the plane with bullets, or rupture a fuel tank limiting their escape, if not destroying the plane in the process. Nodding to Jack and giving a shove to prompt him swiftly, Jade Hood closed the door, and then went forward to assist anyway he could.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Oct 17 2014, 15:25

Is there anything nearby that Stone Fist can throw at the car? Either large enough to hit it, hopefully the windshield, or to throw into their pathway to cause them to swerve?

If so, he will hop out, throw it, run back to the plane which should be moving by then and hop back in. If not, lets hope we can take off without causing a crash.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 17 2014, 22:56

"Let's hope this ain't a crash course in how ta take off" drawls Jack as he nods Jade Hood towards the co-pilot seat.

He turns, sees Stone Fist at the doorway and about to jump out, and shouts "Hey buddy, unless you can run faster that the plane, stay in and get rid of some of the seats!"

The engines coughed into life and he pushed forwards on the throttle, jolting the plane forwards and causing the other passengers - Mary and the future scientists - to fall back into chairs. Stone Fist tore up a seat, moved to the door, took aim, and let fly!

OOC Will take a helluva shot to strike the car which is some way off but closing fast! 2d10 → [3,7] = (10) He misses, throwing over the car which charges forwards. The chair gets smashed under the wheels of the following truck some way behind.

"Here's where the fun starts!" said Jack. With the engines roaring, the plane bumping over the grass, shouts coming from airport staff helpless to stop the plane, they came onto what passed for the runway.

And the incoming plane was heading straight for them, coming in to land!

The Nazis were getting closer, Stone Fist threw again!

OOC 2d10 → [3,6] = (9) And... misses again.

With a curse Stone Fist turned to the cockpit to where Jack was explaining in breathless tones "Thing is, if we can get enough speed up, and wait till they dip, then we pull up..."

OOC Jade Hood grabs the spare column and pulls! 2d10 → [9,8] = (17)

"Hey! What the!" spluttered Jack, as they started to rise... just as several bullets pinged into the side of the plane!

Stone Fist looked out to see the car starting to pull alongside, then.. fall back!

They started to come off the ground... the other plane was coming in...

Jack howled as the other plane filled his vision, and covered his face with his hands! Mary screamed! Jade Hood calmly pulled on the control...

CRASH!

Jack looked up "Wha..." Blue sky filled the cockpit windows, and the plane was still climbing! Stone Fist glanced down from the open doorway, joined by Mary who declared "We kind of missed the other plane..."

The incoming plane was on the runway, missing most of its tail fin! And the heroes were flying off into the sunlight missing one of their wheel!

Still, they were on their way... to India!

TO BE CONTINUED!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Oct 20 2014, 22:22

Stone Fist leans out the door and gives the Nazis a Bronk's Cheer [aka the raspberry] and then closes the door to the plane.

"Well," he says as he takes a seat, "we should be safe now...for about five minutes the way our luck holds."
he grins.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 12 2016, 09:38

OOC It's been a while with the Lore Knights game. Don't know if you guys are still subscribed, but wondered if you'd like me to fire up the 30s pulp action/nazis/Aliens/Sorcerers/Kung Fu adventure for the next issue? If time restraints are an issue, no problem, will shelve to a later date...

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms! - Page 3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resJade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms! - Page 3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 12 2016, 15:21

Admin wrote:OOC It's been a while with the Lore Knights game. Don't know if you guys are still subscribed, but wondered if you'd like me to fire up the 30s pulp action/nazis/Aliens/Sorcerers/Kung Fu adventure for the next issue? If time restraints are an issue, no problem, will shelve to a later date...

I'm good to go, just off next week to see in laws and stuff, but will have laptop and wifi so should be able to post as usual.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 12 2016, 17:19

Righto, will wait for a reply from David and see if he's up for it, then start the next issue.

As usual I may play around with the mechanics a bit in this game, but all you need to do is declare actions and I'll sort out the crunchy bits/advise on best course of rules type direction if needed.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms! - Page 3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resJade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #5 - Evil comes in many forms! - Page 3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next