The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

4 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 25 2010, 23:20

"Oopps! I didn't do it on purpose," Putty yells. "Honest! I'm not a Nazi Stooge sent in to destroy you all!"

affraid
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters!

Post  Limerickcot Wed May 26 2010, 05:39

Stormwarden

"Oph" he grunted as Putty's fist whacked him across the thigh. "Jeez, try and watch it next time!" he demanded and then disappeared as he hurtled upwards into the sky,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin wrote:OOC Any response to being clobbered by Putty? Also, where's he flying? Up, then across to say, R11, then U12, then striking from behind?
That flight path is fine thanks.

No reaction to the damage.

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 26 2010, 13:32

The Vanguard

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 4iby1v

Stormwarden staggered under the blow. It was like being hit by... well, himself! Nonetheless he soared up and towards the Nazi, the eye of the storm moving with him. By now he could see the bird woman who'd attacked putty. It was easy to tell the bad guys from good - they tended to wear white!

Impassive whilst wind ripped at his clothes, rain drove at his face, Majestic watched Stormwarden take to the sky, and Lionheart prowl about on the periphery of his vision. "Amateurs." he muttered.

He spun, moving impossibly fast for such a big man, driving a fist at Lionheart!

OOC 1d20+2+6=23 Hit, 2d6+46=57 Htc. Lionheart response: Dodge! Lionheart has +6 after modifiers to dodge, therefore success is automatic. He has used 3 of 4 frames this round.

Where Lionheart had crouched, he rolled and left empty space. The fist impacted with the floor, sending a shock wave about for several metres, making Lionheart somewhat thankful he'd been able to get out of the way! Majestic grinned, then swiped again!

OOC 1d20+2+6=13 Miss, 2d6+46=53.

This time he's frustrated, hawks, spits and swings through fresh air.

"Big man. Big stupid man, more like." said Lionheart grinning. "Do you REALLY think you can beat us? No matter how powerful you are, we are faster, smarter, and collectively stronger!" he shouted over the howl of the wind. "I can dodge your clumsy blows all day!"

Majestic smiled again, though no humour reached his eyes. He took to the air like a bullet, up, then back down again, to land in the midst of Darkshadow, Putty and Frostbite! His speed had been incredible!

OOC Majestic has used 3 frames of his six so far.

Without a word he backhands Darkshadow, aims eye beams at Putty then Frostbite!

OOC One physical attack on Darkshadow, a quick blast on Putty then Frostbite. 1d20+2+6=19 Hit, 2d6+46=49, 1d20+3+6=12 Miss, 4d6=13, 3d6=15, 1d20+3+6=11 Miss, 4d6=8, 3d6=16. Darkshadow decides to dodge (he's tangible, having just fired his dark matter). 1d6-2+1=4. Glancing Blow. He takes 25 damage and is knocked back 10m into the wall of the ship - hard. 2d6=4 extra damage from knockback as he slides down the smooth ceramic surface of the ship. 1d20+5=18. He's also knocked over, and spends the last of his four frames this round staggering to his feet. Darkshadow has taken 29Htc damage this round.

With a contemptuous backhand, Majestic sends Darkshadow flying through the air to crash against the wall of the ship and collapse in a heap on the floor. He staggers to his feet on shaky legs. Frostbite and Putty come off better. Despite the close range, Majestics' orange/blue eyebeams fizz past them both, and the Nazi growls his anger!

"If you fall too easy, I will be deprived of my sport." he spits, rain blasting from on high. By now the rest of the Vanguard are feeling the effects of the weather as the eye of the storm moves to encompass its master! (OOC if Stormwarden moves further away you'll be subject to weather effects, though spread over such a wide area as they are, their effects on individuals are minimised. They are effectively, making London a no fly zone for gunships (hunships?) though, and land forces are being kept away too.)

Shrike (Nazi), having struggled to regain control of her flight, soars over to Frostbite (OOC moves to M11) to swoop down and land before slashing out twice with claws! (OOC 1d20+2+6=26 Hit, 2d6=10 Htk, 1d6=1 Htc, 1d20+2+6=22 Hit, 2d6=6 Htk, 1d6=3 Htc. Responses? )

OOC Responses required for Frostbite vs Shrike, then will update the tracking sheets. After that, the Vanguards' remaining two frames. Darkshadow has used all four, Lionheart has used 3 of 4 and will use up his last frame depending on what the others do (He will have to move to catch Majestic). 2 frames for Putty, Stormwarden and, possibly, Frostbite depending on his actions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 26 2010, 17:10

FROSTBITE

Admin wrote:Shrike (Nazi), having struggled to regain control of her flight, soars over to Frostbite (OOC moves to M11) to swoop down and land before slashing out twice with claws! (OOC 1d20+2+6=26 Hit, 2d6=10 Htk, 1d6=1 Htc, 1d20+2+6=22 Hit, 2d6=6 Htk, 1d6=3 Htc. Responses? )

Stunned by both the speed and ferocity of Majestic's attack; let alone the frightening scale of his power, Frostbite realised that the team might well have underestimated even their combined abilities to withstand the Nazi. But never had this stopped him from trying to fight back against the darkness that presented itself as light.

But then his thoughts were scattered as from his side, first Majestic swooped into attack, barely missing them but placing him within the reach of the flying bird women, Shrike. No sooner had he spotted her that she then slashed at him with her claws, doing the best he could he hoped his ice hard shell would grant him some protection has he struck out with both hands, seeking to turn her spiteful attack aside.

OOC:
1d20+2=5, 1d20+2=16, 2d6=12, 2d6=10

I'm not sure if the 5 counts as a parry or not because of the way the table is written it isn't clear, as Other is the attack v weapons skill it says that this needs a parry of 5 or more? But that assumes I've got it correct. Anyway I am trying to knock her blows aside with a blow of my own. But if this isn't workable let me know.

Just as a complete aside, firstly I'm on hols from Saturday to Saturday, should have said something before but forgot, partly owing to the fact my Dad is very unwell. There are some things to take care of but I will keep you in the loop, so that you know what is going on. I am happy for you Paul to NPC my character but I will do my up most to stay in the game, apart from this coming week were there is little likelyhood of me getting internet access. Having said that, if I can configure my daughters Ipod touch to work in a costa or starbucks wireless network or get to a library then I might be able to get on after all. Will have to see. But I'll be posting as much as I can in the meantime.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu May 27 2010, 08:12

Stormwarden

As Majestic to the air, Stormwardens carefully timed approach to him was thrown out. Having already made his turn it was a case of turning his high dive back to where they'd started from. He hoped his friends were coping!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
response: quite simple. The turn around he would have done to hit Majestic is still done, but he contines straight into the fight at the new location instead.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 27 2010, 23:29

The Vanguard

OOC With regards the parry, I read it as 'other' vs 'other'. Your field manipulation allows you to parry with a wall of 'instant ice' as per Ice Man. It's not very powerful (2d6) but it does stop quite well with a decent roll. Cross ref shows a 9 as target number, so first parry fails (wall doesn't go up in time, sprung up in wrong place etc) second one is on the money. Frostbite takes 10Htk, 1Htc from the first attack, nothing from the second. Dividers reduce the damage to 2 and 1 point respectively.

"Gahhh!" cries Frostbite as the claws rake across his iced form. The claw marks vanish near instantly, replaced by more ice. Frostbite wouldn't go down so easily! The next blow he saw coming, and thrust an arm out at the oncoming clawed hand. A thin ice wall appeared in front of the razor sharp talons. It shattered, though was enough to blunt the blow so it didn't actually touch Frostbite!

Stormwarden narrowed his eyes. This Nazi was fast! His speed and power made him a match for the entire team - how on earth would they get out of this one? Shaking off such thoughts the Master of the Storm tm levelled his arms and charged at Majestic from the back!

OOC 1 Frame to move, one to deliver a blow with +5 damage. 1d20+2+6=25 Hit, 2d6+5+18=31 Htc. I would have added a bonus to attack from behind, but he didn't need it. Dividers reduce this to... wait for it... 4 points. Majestic elects to Stand firm, causing Stormwarden to rebound slightly!

"You are a big man..." remarked Majestic, rain running down his face, wind whipping at his cape. "But you hit like a child." he snarled, grinning.

Lionheart speeds to help surround Majestic from another side. Over the howl of the wind he shouts "We sure could use Nowhere Mans help at the moment! Whatever he does, his powers... why isn't he out here helping?" as rain lashes him.

Majestic laughs "There are more of you? Bring them out! I can fight all day! I have fought Adjutant to a standstill! Do you really think you fools stand a chance?" As if to drive home the point he shouts "Look!"

He points to a distant rooftop.

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 2yz0b38

Lionheart gaped. "More? There are more of them?"

Majestic laughed "You fool! You have no idea of what you face! We have an ARMY of metahumans, some almost as powerful as I! I ordered them to wait and watch, see how a master deals with scum like you!"

Lionheart glanced at his new team mates. Something akin to fear - not of being beaten or killed, but of failure, reflected in his eyes...

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 24mxiee

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 2ih3xbs

OOC sorry about the delay guys, up to my eyes in it today, and it takes time to put all the pictures and tables together. David (US version), just need Puttys remaining two frames then its initiative for next round. May as well roll now. 1d10=9 Heroes, 1d10=1 Bad guys. You get all four frames. Declare actions if you will please chaps.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 28 2010, 02:12

Putty hopes he does better this time around. Spreading his legs into a wide column he braces himself so the wind can not move him and then he punches out at Majestic.

actions: Wallcrawling, stretching and punching with my remaining frames.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 28 2010, 06:57

Frostbite

OOC: On a separate note, did I just use field manipulation twice in two frames? As that means I got the refinement I wanted to speed that attack up, or was it a one off type of thing? Secondly although I have used field manip as a means to parry an attack before, I thought that was exceptional? I don't mind I just want to know if I've got a ruling to use it as such, in the future again.

Admin wrote:Lionheart speeds to help surround Majestic from another side. Over the howl of the wind he shouts "We sure could use Nowhere Mans help at the moment! Whatever he does, his powers... why isn't he out here helping?" as rain lashes him.

"He'll be up to something..." Frostbite said over the storm, but to himself he added, "this better be good!"

Moving to the women who attacked him, Frostbite went on the offensive.

[OOC: ok if I did use field manipulation twice in two frames then I am going to use it four times against this character, going for the quick take down. If not I'll use it just the twice. I want to save my energy for Majestic if need be.]

Frostbites eye glowed blue as he concentrated and from his hand particles of cold, moats of sparkling ice dust coalesced around Shrike.

OOC:2d6=6, 2d6=2, 2d6=10, 2d6=6 all HTC If I am wrong and I didn't do two attacks I guess you can take only the first two for damage.

Even as he faced his opponent, Frostbite's mind raced to find some tactical advantage, some means to use even the ship against his foes. He knew he couldn't divert the nannites from the gun, that was a given, but how long would that take? And would it make any difference if they couldn't hold out, anyway? Still his mind refused to give in, seeking not to overlook any advantage they might exploit as a team to yet win through.

Sj

Off to see my dad soon then on hols, if I can find a library or internet connection I will try and get on, taking all my stuff on a data stick - so will see, otherwise, all being well, I'll see you at the end of next week. Thx
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 28 2010, 09:08

OOC probably won't get a chance to fully reply/resolve actions before I go to work but Frostbites parries took the same time as the incoming attack (1 fr each). His attacks, on the other hand, take an action Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 28 2010, 11:59

Putty stays braced against the weather and continues to pummel Majestic from where he stands.

actions: Wallcrawling, stretching and punching.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 29 2010, 01:07

The Vanguard

Putty reformed his hands into huge hammer like globs, then slammed them with all his considerable strength at Majestic!

OOC By my count that's six attacks on the big man. Here we go: 1d20+2+6+2=25 Hit, 2d6+18=25 Htc, 1d20+2+6+2=15 Miss, 2d6+18=30, 1d20+2+6+2=19 Hit, 2d6+18=27 Htc, 1d20+2+6+2=22 Hit, 2d6+18=27 Htc, 1d20+2+6+2=21 Hit, 2d6+18=26 Htc, 1d20+2+6+2=17 Miss, 2d6+18=28. With my flakey maths that's a total of 105Htc, reduced by Majestics' dividers (gulp) to 15, that's fifteen, damage Sad Physically, the big man is about as invulnerable as you can get. Well, almost, but I'm sure you get the point.

Standing firm against the torrent of blows, Majestic maintains a grin on his face throughout. One of the blows tilts his head to the side, another messes his hear up, whilst yet another catches him as he's smoothing his hair back, prompting his grin to change into a scowl. Putty steps back a touch, eager to see what is left of the hated Nazi after his flurry of blows that would have reduced a tank to scrap.

Rubbing his chin, Majestic remarks "Nice punches, though your technique is raw and unskilled. With training, you would be formidable, but unfortunately, would remain a freak. Therefore I see only the ovens for you." he said, matter of fact.

Frostbite freezes the air around his opponent (OOC Total 8htc) who can do nothing to avoid it. Shrike cries out, but otherwise is still in good shape.

Lionheart curses under his breath. "No!" he snarls. His eyes glow, and the air crackles as his psionic power grows within, and a lion image forms around him, launching itself at Majestic.

"What's this? Light shows? Bravo!" exclaims Majestic, theatrically clapping his hands. "Whatever next? Clowns to go with the Lions? Oh! They are already h...ARgggggggh!"

The Lion appears to maul Majestic, and for once the arrogant Nazi is silenced!

OOC 1d20+18=31 Lionheart, 1d20+15=27 Majestic, 5d6=15 Htc, 1d20+18=31 Lionheart, 1d20+15=21 Majestic, 5d6=19 Htc. Majestic takes 34 Htc. He's taken 49 Htc this round. Lionheart used his speciality power at half cost, total 10 PSI expended.

The Nazi staggers on shakey knees. "Saladin lied." he hissed. "He said you were weak! Foolish! He said nothing about psionics!" A contemptuous sneer cross his face as he wipes a slight trickle of blood form his nose. "Anyone else have anything to say before I flatten you all?"

OOC Darkshadow will go after Stormwarden, so you're up Kendal. 4 frames then the 'Shadows, then the Nazi flexes his muscles...

Currently:

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 Xefj9s
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Mon May 31 2010, 11:36

Stormwarden

Although he knew he was doing precious little damage, he still hit out at Majestic. If needed, he had a desperate fall back position, but it was desperate indeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc.
2 attacks
1d20+3=22

1d20+3=16

If the combat goes badly then he is planning to attempt a grapple and, if successful, call down the lightning straight on this spot to hit him/Majestic.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 31 2010, 23:51

OOC Wrote out the combat post, went to click 'post reply' and the **(&*^$)%$% forum asked me to log in! Lost the bloody lot! Arrrrgh. Here we go again (and there's another hour of my life I won't get back...)

The Vanguard

OOC 2d6+18=23Htc from Stormwarden. Reduced to 3 damage with Dividers...

Majestic stands firm against Stormwardens blow, though the ground shakes when he strikes home! "Pitiful." remarks the Nazi. "The resistance is doomed. I shall batter you all into submission, and from there you shall be tortured to find out how you got your powers and if there are any more like you. Then you shall be incinerated." Stormwarden swings again, but it's wide of the mark as the laughing Nazi sidesteps the blow.

Darkshadow utters a string of expletives and blasts his most powerful dark-shadow beam at the hated foe!

OOC 1d20+3+6=29 Hit, Critical, 6d6=19 Htc, 4d6=10 Htk. Darkshadow has now used 20/22 Energy. Well, what do you know... Critical, rolled a 10 so I figured 'scramble power' most useful for your beleaguered team. The result of that? Tough skin, down for 4 rounds!

The dark energy seems to cling to Majestics' form, highlighting him as a negative image. "What in...?" he splutters. "What have you done?" He wonders, trying to brush the dark stuff off him. "I feel... strange. No matter! I will destroy you all!"

Darkshadow turns intangible knowing another blow from the Nazi could well knock him into next week!

Majestic, for his part, remains unperturbed. He swings twice at Lionheart, twice at Stormwarden and blasts a Quick Blast once at Putty and once at Frostbite!

OOC 1d20+2+6=15 Miss vs Lionheart, 2d6+46=54, 1d20+2+6=18 Hit vs Lionheart, 2d6+46=53 Htc, 1d20+2+6=22 Hit vs Stormwarden, 2d6+46=52 Htc, 1d20+2+6=11 Miss vs Stormwarden, 2d6+46=55. Lionheart uses a future frame to dodge, no roll required because of his dodging prowess. Stormwarden, response? 1d20+3+6=19 Hit vs Putty, 4d6=14 Htc, 3d6=12 Htk, 1d20+3+6=22 Hit vs Frostbite, 4d6=12 Htc, 3d6=11 Htk. I'll npc Frostbite to an appropriate response once everyone else has responded (or otherwise). Putty, response?

Shrike shrills a war cry, slashes at Frostbite, then moves (1fr to M13) to Putty and slashes twice at him! "Die freak!" she spits!

OOC 1d20+2+6=12 Miss vs Frostbite, 2d6=7, 1d6=1, 1d20+2+6=27 Hit vs Putty, 2d6=3 Htk, 1d6=6 Htc, 1d20+2+6=24 Hit vs Putty, 2d6=7 Htk, 1d6=2 Htc. Responses, Putty?

Majestic rolls his eyes. "I surround myself with incompetents!" he barks. "Nonetheless, this day will see the resistance movement crushed! You traitors will burn in the ovens knowing that your fellow trouble makers will soon follow!"

OOC Responses to sort. Second time of posting this, a much shorter post than the first time, but can't be helped Sad Will copy message before I click post reply this time... Initiative brings up 1d10=6 Vanguard, 1d10=2 Nazis. 2 frames to Good guys (1 for Lionheart having used a frame to dodge) once responses are resolved. He doesn't know it yet but Majestic could be in for a rougher ride than he (or I...) thought!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 31 2010, 23:54

OOC Hmmm I only resolved two attacks for Stormwarden, both punches. You want to swing two more? I have an idea they'll be rather more effective with no tough skin to soak up the blow!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 01 2010, 02:27

Putty yells in surprise over the damage he has taken. He hasn't quite got the idea of dodging yet since he is using his wallcrawling ability to cling to the ground and not be blown away by the wind.

He again continues to swing at Majestic as fast as he can and as hard as he can.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Tue Jun 01 2010, 07:34

Admin wrote:OOC Hmmm I only resolved two attacks for Stormwarden, both punches. You want to swing two more? I have an idea they'll be rather more effective with no tough skin to soak up the blow!

Stormwarden grunted as the fist crashed into him. Majestic was no easy mark to take down. But he gritted his teeth and bore into the fight yet again.

1d20+3=17

1d20+3=23

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: Flip! Thanks for the heads up! The site did the same thing to me too.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02 2010, 00:49

The Vanguard

Stormwarden, undeterred by the fact Majestic was pretty much invulnerable to physical damage, continued to pound away! His wild swing caused Majestic to swerve back, laughing as he went. "I should let you hit me! Aside from a barely noticeable sensation, you'd probably shatter your hand!" he laughed. Ignoring the grinning Nazi, Stormwarden swung again... CRACK!

OOC 2d6+18=26. Divided by 3 (rather than 7), 8Htc. Not much more, but a well placed energy attack might shake things up with their divider reducers...

Still coated with Darkshadows energy aura, which resembled tar on Majestic, the Nazi shuddered with the punch, lifting a hand to rub his chin. He'd stood firm, expecting it to tickle at most, but he'd actually felt that! "Ouch." he muttered. "What...?"

Frostbite throws up an ice wall (OOC Field Manipulation to parry) to counter the blast from Majestic!

OOC Parry is successful but only for 6 points. Frostbite takes 12 Htc, 5 htk as a result. Dividers reduced to nothing from Quick Blast.

Staggering from the blast, Frostbite knows he doesn't have much time left! Battered from earlier encounters, he'd not had a breather since and underneath his ice covering he was black and blue! Breathing hard, he sways on unsteady legs as his vision flickers and the world seems to spin! OOC Frostbite is staggered.

Putty took the blows, as Stormwarden did. A glance on the rooftop saw the four standing there waiting for a signal from their leader! This would, it seemed, end only one way, but the Vanguard would not go down without a fight! Stormwarden saw only stars though! Slamming hard into the side of the ship the big man slid to collapse on the floor in a heap!

OOC Thought it odd you'd not go for the dodge Kendal - if you do want the dodge attempt to reduce damage by using future frames, I have no problem with you doing so. Otherwise, Stormwarden having taken 28Htc and another 52 Htc, is K'Od, with the overspill coming from Htk... As mentioned, I'm ok with the dodge or parry attempt, just wondered if you'd read my post right...As things stand...

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 B63i4o

New round (OOC Lionheart has used a frame, Frostbite has used a frame, Stormwarden, as things stand, is K'od)

Putty sends two huge fists speeding towards his foe! Majestic, seeing them coming and unsure what is happening, considers his options but stands his ground again...

OOC 1d20+2+6+2=23 Hit, 2d6+18=24 Htc and 1d20+2+6+2=29 Hit, 2d6+18=25 Htc. With dividers reduced to 3 due to power scramble (3 rounds left after this one) Majestic takes a further 16 Htc total.

Majestic can't quite understand what's happening. The... the 'freak' sends him reeling, huge fists slamming into his face like triphammers, and making him eat his words rather than hurl insults as usual! What was happening? He didn't know, and he didn't like it. Still, as more or less the second most powerful superhuman in Britain, at least that anyone knew about, and one of the top 10 or so in Europe, he knew his own standing and image was under threat of being ridiculed should he be bested by a bunch of unknowns!

Frostbite, on wobbly legs, flies up into the air to clear his head! (OOC has 1 frame thanks to the parry from last round) His computer, ignored for long periods thanks to the amount of outside stimuli, states the obvious <<Host form life signs fluctuating! Severe concussive force delivered to several parts of hosts body, recommend immediate withdrawal!>> Frostbite smiled ruefully. In a game with stakes as high as this, withdrawal meant defeat of the final, soul crushing kind, with a finality that would never be recovered from! Looking down from a distance of 7m, he knew Majestic could easily take him down. The Vanguard needed a miracle now, more than ever! Then Frostbites heart sinks as he sees what happens next...

Already intangible, Darkshadow appears to consider things then runs from the fight! He flies through the wall of the ship to disappear from view! (OOC flies 2 frames)

Lionheart sees him go, muttering "Never figured him for a quitter, but the way things are right now, he's got more brains than most I'd say." He waits for the next incoming blow from Majestic... (OOC Lionheart holds his frame. He has 3/4 to take this round)

OOC Stormwarden/Kendal - just need confirmation on the big man. We can do a bit of a rewind if Stormwarden attempts the dodge or the parry, depending on results, or let it stand - i.e. the big man is down. It's a tricky one. Parry might be the best bet, but may leave Stormy wobbling on shaky legs even if he makes the roll. Dodging might halve the damage, but needs a good roll at -1 (1d6-2WC +1 dodge mod). Once that is determined, I will update the stat sheet again and post the bad guys actions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Jun 02 2010, 12:47

OOC Stormwarden/Kendal - just need confirmation on the big man. We can do a bit of a rewind if Stormwarden attempts the dodge or the parry, depending on results, or let it stand - i.e. the big man is down. It's a tricky one. Parry might be the best bet, but may leave Stormy wobbling on shaky legs even if he makes the roll. Dodging might halve the damage, but needs a good roll at -1 (1d6-2WC +1 dodge mod). Once that is determined, I will update the stat sheet again and post the bad guys actions.

Tricky one that. I seem to have misread the original damage that he'd taken. Never mind. We can try the dodge then but given my luck with dice I expect to see him exactly where he is anyway.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02 2010, 19:20

OOC 1d6-2+1=4 for the dodge. Glancing blow. Damage halved. I'll work it like this...

The Vanguard

Suddenly Stormwarden staggered to his feet. Majestic looks over, then spits "You are faster than you look big man! The next one will see your skull pulped!"

The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 15i98cm

With his head spinning, Stormwarden sees stars, but the blow had been enough to knock him out. If he'd not seen it at the last moment...

OOC Stormwarden has 1 frame then the Nazis are going to get stuck in again... Got work now, been in bed all day thanks to work changing my shift (instead of being out in the sun knowing I have a short shift to do. Long shift=crap Sad ) Update when I get back (6.00am Sad )
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02 2010, 19:42

OOC seen something I didn't update. Majestic has used 28/29 energy. Will update in next tracking sheet!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Jun 02 2010, 21:08

Stormwarden

Stormwarden was feeling distinctly shaky on his feet. Each blow that Majestic could put out was capable of knocking him for six if he wasn't careful about it. Some trickery might be more of use here. Within the calming area around him, Stormwarden quickly summoned mist and fog. The elements were all there. All it took was a tiny bit more effort. Just a tiny little bit of warmth was what needed. Of course it would only work here, near Stormwarden himself. If Majestic moved back out into the Storms full fury it would be a different matter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc. Back to the old fogbank trick again. Stormwarden will form a dense fog centred directly around Majestics head. Stormwarden is actually going to use the heat from Majestics own body to create the fog bank and keep it bound to him.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 03 2010, 11:49

The Vanguard

OOC You'll need an action for that Stormy, you only have a frame before the Nazis go. Hold it and wait for a chance to use the fog? We're just about at the end of combat (I'm not sure the Vanguard will take much more of a pounding!) so whilst you tell me what Stormwarden will do with his 1 frame before the bad guys, this is happening...

As the battle raged outside...

Darkshadow flew inside the ship, and over to the console where Nowhere Man was stood with hands placed on it. "What the hell are you doing? We're getting creamed out there!" shouted Darkshadow. "I need to get back out - but whatever it is you're doing there... if it's not happening NOW then this is all going to end in a big mess!"

Nowhere Man rasped over his shoulder "When I 'come back' - and bear in mind I've done this a few times - I don't have all my powers at first. The only one I have that's of any use is being able to talk to machines directly. I am speeding up the repair process. That's why the air is thin in here - all other systems have been powered down including the air conditioning. I've also... " and he wobbled a vague hand in the direction of a disc shaped object on the table "...detached that from the Nazi. I had to take my best guess for Majestic. If it doesn't work, we won't have another chance."

"What about Adjutant? He's even worse than that Nazi nut case outside!"

Nowhere Man shrugged. It was clear his thoughts were distracted "That device was stolen from a top secret facility. It's a one off, designed to stop Adjutant only. That we've used it on someone else is a bonus, but our options are limited. As best I can tell, if we call on the dark power inside it will be the last thing we do. Tell Frostbite and the others, I need only a short time longer. The guns will come online soon, though I can't free those shackles. After the guns are fixed I'll come out and get my backside kicked like the rest of you. In for a penny, in for a pound eh?" he chuckled, without much humour.

Darkshadow paused for thought. With a sigh he looked about. "Right. Let's sort out those Nazi bastards." he muttered.

He headed towards the walls, still intangible, to go back outside...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu Jun 03 2010, 13:32

{font=Arial Black]Stormwarden[/font]

OOC You'll need an action for that Stormy, you only have a frame before the Nazis go. Hold it and wait for a chance to use the fog? We're just about at the end of combat (I'm not sure the Vanguard will take much more of a pounding!) so whilst you tell me what Stormwarden will do with his 1 frame before the bad guys, this is happening...

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 03 2010, 13:32

The member 'Limerickcot' has done the following action : dice

'd20' :
The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 2hqfac6
Result : 7
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Thu Jun 03 2010, 13:35

Admin wrote:The member 'Limerickcot' has done the following action : dice

'd20' :
The Vanguard! Issue #2 - Shadow from the past, a future in tatters! - Page 9 2hqfac6
Result : 7

whilst he gathered his powers together, Stormwarden tried to move in to deliver another blow at Majestic. It wasn't to be his day though. Yet again, Majestic had moved just as he tried to strike. Stormwarden continued on past him, he'd get his chance but not just yet it seemed.

--------------------------------------------------
ooc - there we go. Missed (7+3=10). Used the facility here so the dice roll is above (can't get invisible castle here - its blocked).

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next