The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 13 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 13 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  Admin Wed May 28 2014, 21:39

The main thing about where I'm working is that the jobs/hours are set in stone for months in advance, not get the roster on Friday and groan because you have no life the next week (like now). For example this week, 12 hour shifts, 12 hours between, kids off school blah blah.

From Friday I will be in the Isle of Man (motorbike racing) but plan to find an internet cafe as last year without internet was torture! Even if I have to pay for a sim card to use over there and take a tablet with me I'll do that.

In the meantime I have to hit the sack now but taking laptop with me to work so expect to update at some stupid time in the morning (like 5am or something) - I need something to keep me awake besides red bull...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 29 2014, 09:16

Admin wrote:The main thing about where I'm working is that the jobs/hours are set in stone for months in advance, not get the roster on Friday and groan because you have no life the next week (like now). For example this week, 12 hour shifts, 12 hours between, kids off school blah blah.

From Friday I will be in the Isle of Man (motorbike racing) but plan to find an internet cafe as last year without internet was torture! Even if I have to pay for a sim card to use over there and take a tablet with me I'll do that.

In the meantime I have to hit the sack now but taking laptop with me to work so expect to update at some stupid time in the morning (like 5am or something) - I need something to keep me awake besides red bull...

Hang in there mate, we'll wait as somethings are worth waiting for. Though sorry to hear that things are so busy.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 03 2014, 19:37

Well, I go to the Isle of man ok... for one day. Then I was catapulted off my motorbike at around 70mph by a Swiss gentleman who was travelling quite a bit faster (legal speed as no speed limits but he's not supposed to crash into people) and struck me from behind. I didnt really know much about it so had to ask a witbness. Not hurt aside from swollen knee and a few aches/pains as was wearing all the gear but my new bike (only had it 1 month!) is a mess Sad Will let the insurance sort everything out. I'm sure I will get stung in the pocket (two accidents now in two years, both struck from behind...) buit like I say, not much you can do when you are going round a corner and someone crashes into you from behind.

That said, hopefully I should be mobile again in the next day or two, and whilkst the other guys go out on their bikes I get chance to update stuff, so keep an eye out for updates.

Am posting from a 7" tablet which is testing for the eyes, and a tiny keyboard which isn't good for my fat fingers but on the plus side I have internet and can post more than I have over last few weeks! Every cloud has a silver lining!

Hope you guys all ok! Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jun 03 2014, 19:46

Oh and ouch, sorry to hear that mate, really sorry. Relieved to hear that you are ok even if the bike took the brunt of the damage. Hope you back on your feet soon, and that things are no worse. Good to hear from you all the same, only would prefer (as indeed you must) it to be under different circumstances.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 11 2014, 21:56

Par for the course really Smile It actually gets worse than that (today my solicitor AND the alternate solicitor dropped my case and told me to find someone else to represent me...) but I wouldn't expect anything else really. If life were easy it would get boring Smile

On with the show. Thanks for hanging in there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Wed Jul 02 2014, 22:20

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, been busy.. and I suffered the same problem Paul just did. There is now no longer a copy of Stormbreakers character sheet anywhere. I know most of his stats so I can throw together a quick remake without to much trouble (Just need the time for it now). Hopefully this won't delay things to long!

Also, nice move with the NPCing Paul. I approve!

dunecat
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 10 2014, 02:54

Might be some way to get it (character sheet) from wayback... or something. It's like I got to some kind of limit in my inbox and it was cleared, no idea. Anyway, will move things on later today (Thursday 02.52 am as I type this). Intention is to break the group up again into single adventures so as to go at the players pace rather than the group, as we all have various real life commitments that get in the way of stuff - no criticism, as I'm the one who causes the hold ups the majority of the time, 'that's just the way it is' as someone once sung.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 15 2014, 01:45

Don't mind group adventures that take awhile. It's so rare to actually adventure with someone else that the wait is worth it, IMHO.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 06 2014, 01:39

Ryan/Dunecat, I found this on my laptop...

Chat about the game... - Page 13 Stormbreaker_final_character

This is not the final finished character. If memory serves there was an addition of Magic Sense but may give basis to rebuild the points for the character. Searched everywhere on the site, it's weird that the character notes in our conversations have vanished, but I will keep searching my hard drives for any other notes I may have. Think there are a few (after hard drive death I lost everything a few years ago, so decided to keep it online, then this happens. Doh.)

Anyway, understand if real life clobbering you - I know the feeling. We'll still be here if you can get back in to the game.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 17 2014, 22:57

Updating tomorrow. Holiday was fine, internet access in spain was (at best) garbage and (rest of time) non existent. I appreciate coming home to reliable broadband anyway.

1st day of new job in morning but am pretty relaxed about it. Probably because I'm still hung over from yesterdays' leaving do :S

Hope all ok, still with us, will try my best to pick up my posting, kids, job, real life etc pending....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Thu Aug 21 2014, 22:15

Hey all, sorry it's been so long for me to get back to all this. Life and crazy stuff and all that. The end result is I've had to cut down on my RP activity to pretty much nothing for a little bit and I'm just now starting to get back into a couple of games that I feel are really worth it. Like this one! Very Happy I'll be looking though things and getting caught up again over the next couple days.

Thanks for finding that work up Paul! I'll take a look over that as well too! Very Happy

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 21 2014, 22:19

dunecat wrote:Hey all, sorry it's been so long for me to get back to all this. Life and crazy stuff and all that. The end result is I've had to cut down on my RP activity to pretty much nothing for a little bit and I'm just now starting to get back into a couple of games that I feel are really worth it. Like this one! Very Happy I'll be looking though things and getting caught up again over the next couple days.

Thanks for finding that work up Paul! I'll take a look over that as well too! Very Happy

Welcome back mate, if you were going to have to take a break you picked a good time. I can't remember a time when Paul has been so slammed that things have been so quiet. Not that I am worried, some things are worth the wait. Good to have you back mate.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Thu Aug 21 2014, 22:26

Just glanced over that build of Stormbreaker.. it's a really old version of him. Probably from when you were starting up the Justice Knights game on the murpg forum. That's where I first made the character concept but I couldn't squeeze him into the 450 hp allotment we had at the time. I might have a more recent version in my email. If not I'll start over from scratch/memory.. I think I had 1100 HP to work with in the first place.

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 21 2014, 22:53

Good to hear from you Ryan. I'm (even as I type) looking for a more up to date version. I knew that wasn't final as Magic Sense was added at a later date.

On my side of things, just about worked my way through first week at work of new job. Coupled with the fact the kids are back at school in next 2 weeks (HOORAY!) means I should be able to post to some kind of schedule instead of grabbing what I can for time.

Once this group issue is concluded I'd like solo issues/team ups to build personal lives for the characters and relationships with various NPCs, both good and bad. That way it's not all about hitting stuff Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 21 2014, 22:54

Oh and is it just me or did the forum logo vanish? Doh. Will fix it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 21 2014, 23:20

Is this any more up to date:

Chat about the game... - Page 13 Stormbreaker_draft_v01

May give you more to work from with rebuilding the character?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 16 2014, 10:47

Update tonight, plus intend to get the Pulp era game (Stone Fist and Jade Hood) restarted, but *might* offer an alternative way of playing. Similar list of numbers/stats, but you choose how much effort to put in rather than rolling dice and praying. Been mulling it over for a while, will supply more details later. My week off (yay!) turned out to be a week to 'catch up on stuff' including servicing cars, changing brakes, fixing a broken bed etc (list goes on). Yay.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 16 2014, 16:11

Admin wrote:Update tonight, plus intend to get the Pulp era game (Stone Fist and Jade Hood) restarted, but *might* offer an alternative way of playing. Similar list of numbers/stats, but you choose how much effort to put in rather than rolling dice and praying. Been mulling it over for a while, will supply more details later. My week off (yay!) turned out to be a week to 'catch up on stuff' including servicing cars, changing brakes, fixing a broken bed etc (list goes on). Yay.

Sounds good.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 17 2014, 00:03

Frostbite, Haunt and Centurion new issues are up. Lionheart still to do, and Stormbreaker if Ryan (Dunecat) gets chance to join in.

Will be in the morning all being well, as will the re-commencement of the Lore Knights (1930s) game which (if memory serves) had our heroes running from Nazi super spies and globe trotting to collect special plants before the enemy can combine them into a potion to create the 3rd reichs very own super soldier program...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 18 2014, 00:28

Lore knights is back up... for now just declare actions whilst I cook something up with regards a system. I want something really easy and fast.

Maybe even back to Golden Heroes? Anyone have experience with Icons, BASH or any other games that are:

a) easy to learn
b) fast to play
c) give more control over what happens (win or fail) rather than relying on dice

Anyway, think it over. The Lore Knights game was always the 'try out'. If nothing else suits, we'll stay on with the DC Heroes System.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 18 2014, 08:01

Admin wrote:Lore knights is back up... for now just declare actions whilst I cook something up with regards a system. I want something really easy and fast.

Maybe even back to Golden Heroes? Anyone have experience with Icons, BASH or any other games that are:

a) easy to learn
b) fast to play
c) give more control over what happens (win or fail) rather than relying on dice

Anyway, think it over. The Lore Knights game was always the 'try out'. If nothing else suits, we'll stay on with the DC Heroes System.

Paul I've replied in the Lore Knights thread and suggested a number of ideas there.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 19 2014, 00:30

Just been reading the first few posts of the game from way back when.

This will be semi useful:

http://www.mediafire.com/?omn1ju1wtn1

Who's Who in the campaign, but woefully out of date so need to get off my backside and update. Date of post number one was 15th October 2009, so we're coming up to 5 years Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Fri Sep 19 2014, 05:48

I'm back! (for real this time) Sorry about all this. I'm actually finally into a regular schedule, and my fiance is in school at nights so I have some time to actually spend writing posts.. and making a rewrite of Stormbreaker. That last update you found was more recent Paul, but I'd moved away from the superspeed based build by the time we started.

I'll dig out my BoH book and build him up again. With luck, by the end of the weekend I'll have him put together and re submitted to you Paul, and a post thrown up! Very Happy

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 19 2014, 08:02

No worries Ryan, fully understand about the demands of real life! I did some more digging but couldn't find the messages that were lost.

Stormbreaker is currently staying in a hotel in Edinburgh after helping the Vanguard defeat (seemingly) the Demon that came through the gate. The fact that the fight was over seemingly too quickly could be viewed as a bonus or as an ominous warning of things to come... SB was (NPC mode) wanting to do more digging about at the collapsed ruin of Coldstream castle, but it's swarming with emergency services after 'it collapsed' (according to the news).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Sat Sep 20 2014, 04:41

Awesome! How much time has passed? I might spend some of my HP on a artifact or two to help with an investigation if there's time enough to do so.

Other threads of interest.. what happened to Captain Claymore? Or SB's mentor guy that this all started with?

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next