The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! Stormbreaker Issue 1: "Where he walks, the Tailors shut up shop..."

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Stormbreaker Issue 1: "Where he walks, the Tailors shut up shop..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Stormbreaker Issue 1: "Where he walks, the Tailors shut up shop..."

Post  dunecat Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:37

Alex cautiously approaches the barrier, floating over until he 'stood' directly above it, giving it a good fifty yard gap. He nods at the warning, seemingly talking to open air.

"Don't worry, I was just reminded how I'm hardly infallible and this is clearly powerful magic. I mean to be cautious."

Taking his time, he drifts around the perimiter of the barrier. He studied it with everything he had at his disposal, running his well tuned sense of the mystic over it and wracking his mind for any clues. A barrier like this would do something. He just needed to figure out what, and how it was generated. As he saw it, either an object of power was responsible, or a person was. There was also the consideration that it was created from a single source, likely located at the center of the sphere.. or by multiple sources, most likely at each of the cardinal points of the compass.. He would scan for any concentrations of power in the building that looked like they matched either configuration..

(( I want to use Magic Sense and Occultist to try and figure out what this barrier does, or at least where it's source(s) are located.))

dunecat
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Stormbreaker Issue 1: "Where he walks, the Tailors shut up shop..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Stormbreaker Issue 1: "Where he walks, the Tailors shut up shop..."

Post  Admin Sat Apr 20 2013, 21:45

Stormbreaker used his best skill and judgement to figure out what the barrier did...

OOC Occultist 2d10 → [1,2] = (3) Ugh. That's a failure.

Try as he might, he'd never seen anything like it before, and though it was clear it was of a STRONG! magical origin, the purpose of the thing escaped him at this time.

Just then he saw another strange sight - a girl, flying towards the dome and stopping short, hovering in the air.

OOC Magic Sense check 2d10 → [2,6] = (8) Success.

Just as the barrier shone bright with pure magic power, so did this girl! Who was she? What was she doing here?

OOC I will post in Kyoko/Dee's thread and if you want to post in there we'll take up the story in there...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2