The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #4 Imperilled in India!

3 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #4 Imperilled in India! - Page 7 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #4 Imperilled in India!

Post  Admin Thu May 23 2013, 22:02

"How... what...?" spluttered the Doctor in the darkness. "How are we still alive?"

OOC I assumed rather than drown Stone Fist would take his third option. The other two weren't 'instant death' by any means but it would have required holding breath until the water - hopefully - subsided, and whilst Stone Fist can do that for fifteen minutes, the other two would have struggled beyond a minute or two...

Jade Hood looked up. When his friend had looped an arm around his waist, and he'd felt the floor vanish beneath them with gravity pressing down, he wondered if Stone Fist had gone mad. After all, Jade Hood wasn't a tall man but even he had bumped his head on the low ceiling at times. When the jump kept going - slowed by the crashing of rock and the grunts of pain from Stone Fist as his head became a battering ram for anything in the way - Jade Hood had seen the light high above and known his friend had saved them.

Even so, the water level kept rising beneath them, and despite Stone Fists' best efforts, they were still only half way up the deep shaft. His fingers had gripped the sides, but without anything to jump off, the water would catch them!

"At least you tried!" shouted the Doctor, wiping water (tears?) from her face.

The water rose up, and up, and up...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #4 Imperilled in India! - Page 7 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #4 Imperilled in India!

Post  Admin Thu May 23 2013, 22:17

Despite how capable Stone Fist and Jade Hood were at swimming, it was clear that the Doctor was a dead weight for the most part, and therefore holding them back!

The water level had risen and they'd kicked hard, trying to remain buoyant and at the top of it before it engulfed them! Jade Hood had seen the water rise over his head and the light get closer... yet seem so far away! Still he kicked, determined, and Stone Fist pulled them up with a yank of an arm against the well walls... Closer, closer... but with lungs burning and the dead weight of a less capable person (the Doctor) the trio seemed doomed to drown out here.

Before he could gesture for Stone Fist to leave them both the Doctor pulled a small capsule from her belt and twisted it...

BOOOMPH!!!

There was a pop and release of air as the capsule immediately expanded into a bubble, or rather a life vest of sorts! They shot upwards, hanging onto her arms now, and burst out into an oasis, surrounded by a few trees and now spilling out beyond its meagre dried up banks!

With a cough and splutter the trio made their way to the bank and sagged back, drenched and exhausted but alive! The oasis continued to bubble in the middle and pump out loads more water, but it soon slowed and a large pond now sat where there'd been a hole in the ground moments before!

The moon up above had provided the silver light, the stars around its silent companions. In the distance, the great bustling city of Cairo, asleep for the most part though some never slept in those great melting pots of man.

Stone Fist and Jade Hood had survived, and what's more they'd flooded the caverns below, hopefully drowning that awful unthinkable beast and its countless brood of nightmare spawned creatures that threatened to turn Cairo into a vast, awful feeding ground! Their work was not done though. Others from the future had set themselves up as would be conquerers and despots, and the trail led to India, where another of those beasts - or perhaps something worse - was waiting to be unleashed on an unwitting populace!

OOC Heh, 'Imperilled in India' should have had the subtitle - Eventually. I'll cook up some awards (hero points) for you guys to spend. This will be a greater amount than what would normally be doled out in a face to face game because we have been playing this issue since October last year - 7 months, near enough! Thanks for sticking it out, and I'll see if I can ramp up the danger for the next issue Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 23 2013, 22:39

Admin wrote:OOC Heh, 'Imperilled in India' should have had the subtitle - Eventually. I'll cook up some awards (hero points) for you guys to spend. This will be a greater amount than what would normally be doled out in a face to face game because we have been playing this issue since October last year - 7 months, near enough! Thanks for sticking it out, and I'll see if I can ramp up the danger for the next issue Smile

OOC: Oh I don't know seemed pretty dangerous to me ;-). Anyway look forward to updating Jade Hood, and seeing where we end up next.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 23 2013, 22:49

lol: Good thing we were in all that water cause I think Stone Fist wet himself. lol!

Now to find out if our Girl Friday is still safe and will meet us at the spot Stone Fist told everyone to meet at.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7