The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

4 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun May 20 2012, 15:28

"If you order it, we will execute all enemy forces en route.".

"Let me talk to my teammates and see what they want to do first," Anyman replies. "The Nazis are fanatics and we will have to neutralize them somehow. But we may not have to fight them since they have very limited life spans. Do we know if Hitler is still alive or not?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  smaug Mon May 21 2012, 07:11

"So what do you think Joe, could bedd-Ro be in league with the nazis" sentinel asked out of ear shot from the atlanteans. "Have you ever encountered any nazis down there, do the nazis even know that Atlantis is actually real? Boy I really should read the files on your previous missions" (OOC: Im assuming sentinel hasnt been debreifed on every detail because that could take forever. If only sentinel had somekind of online forum to catch up on like us)

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 21 2012, 11:12

Peeler 88 coughed to attract Anymans attention

"From what we have been able to glean from the various ah, reports, and what remains of those reports after the Bletchley Park attack, Adolf Hitler is still alive, current whereabouts unknown. A plus point is that German High Command appears to be scattered, and the command structure of the army is limited to individual divisions, some of which were destroyed when the Robo Carriers arrived. Others scattered."

"I hate to kick someone when they are down, but in the Nazis case I'll make an exception. Gentlemen, you will never have a better chance to force Germany into surrender. If the Russians weren't recovering from the Robo Carrier invasion, we feel sure that they would invade Germany."

"As it is, the main concern are the gathered Nazi superhumans. This..." he waved his hands about at the vastness of the Robo Carrier "Is as powerful a war machine as has ever been seen in all of recorded human history. If I were a betting man, I'd put my house on this ship in a battle against the Nazis." he sais, appearing to drop a hint, or a request. "If I can be forward, we have the means, and I believe, the will, to wipe out the Nazi scourge and liberate France, Belgium, Holland, Poland, all of the places where the Nazis have conquered. Hit them NOW! Hit them FAST! After all, it was the Nazis who coined the phrase 'Lightning War'. It would make a certain poetic justice to visit it upon them!"

He turned to Silver Sentinel "The boffins at Bletchley determined that you, on one of these, would be able to enhance the repair rate several hundred percent. We have two wrecked Robo Carriers in Britain, and they wanted you to get straight on them."

He looked pained, aware that the British Empire would never be in a stronger position to stamp its authority across the world!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 21 2012, 11:31

Lionheart helped with the moving of girders as repair work continued in London

More efficient than any crane, the building work had been made the highest priority. When he held it in place, engineers made their measurements and Sunburst hovered in place, waiting for the nod. When given the go ahead she welded the girders where required, transforming sunlight into pure heat that efficiently welded the metal in moments! Only Silver Sentinel would make better welds, and that through his metal morphing ability.

He'd been at it a few hours, and truth told it was boring stuff. More interesting, or worrying, perhaps, was the near robotic way that ordinary men and women joined in. Quite literally, wherever he looked, people worked like ants, clearing rubble, demolishing buildings, moving building materials into place.

No one was sat around, talking and chatting, drinking tea or slacking in any way. Dotted about, some people were handing out orders and making best use of the manpower. Efficient, friendly, hard working...

Lionheart couldn't put his finger on it, but was troubled. When an Army officer came up in a car and got out to hand him a letter, he wasn't surprised to see it was a summons to Whitehall.

=========

"My name is Tristam Farquahar-Bellington-Jones, Lionheart, pleased to meet you"

Said a man in his forties sat behind a desk in Whitehall. "I'll cut to the chase. You possess unique abilities and training. The PM wants you - immediately - to set up a training regime to create a new division of the army, trained in the skills and abilities that you possess. Our boffins recently came into information that allows us to seriously consider the setting up of what we are calling a 'PSI Corps'. "

"We've already started a screening program, what with shape cards and precognition and the like. We want you to form the basis of the training program. What say you?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 21 2012, 13:27

"Will we wait for Frostbite and Silver Sentinel to arrive on the Bridge and then decide. I know we will have to take care of them soon but we need to save a bunch of folks as well," Anyman restates. "Number One, please ask those two to come to the bridge."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 21 2012, 14:07

smaug wrote:"So what do you think Joe, could bedd-Ro be in league with the nazis" sentinel asked out of ear shot from the atlanteans. "Have you ever encountered any nazis down there, do the nazis even know that Atlantis is actually real? Boy I really should read the files on your previous missions" (OOC: Im assuming sentinel hasnt been debreifed on every detail because that could take forever. If only sentinel had somekind of online forum to catch up on like us)

Frostbite was pulled from his reflections by Sentinel's question, "Hmm, er no, I think its more likely that we are seeing the Shadows at work in Atlantis. They'd captured Nazi's before, so this is likely the work of the Shadows at work.!"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 21 2012, 14:22

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Will we wait for Frostbite and Silver Sentinel to arrive on the Bridge and then decide. I know we will have to take care of them soon but we need to save a bunch of folks as well," Anyman restates. "Number One, please ask those two to come to the bridge."

Frostbite comes up with Sentinel and he discussing what was known about the Atlanteans. After greetings, friendly slaps and comments were offered and Frostbite had been brought up to speed, he digested the contents of what had been said.

He didn't like the thought of Steve being separated and working on more Robo Carriers at that. Something about it niggled Frostbite, but for now orders were orders, and they'd best follow them. He was in no mood to strike out alone and so bring his adopted country's ire on himself and the team.

"Ok Steve you go with the others, take a loo at these carriers, keep us informed. I don't want these ships to gain a foothold and be the means of a counter offensive against us. "

Then thinking over the possibilities of an all out attack on Germany, Frostbite blew another long breath. It misted in the air as he let his exasperation follow. "I agree that whilst we are still at war, we must fight on, and any soldier in the theatre of war is a target. But we will only use what we have to get at Hitler's forces, not his people. We will not treat the people as collateral damage and we will give opposing troops the opportunity to surrender."

Turning back to Anyman, Frostbite added, "It might be an idea to have Bulletman around, if his powers get restored, his control of Lunarium might mean we can depower Nazi supers, should it come to that. Perhaps the V ship can take Steve back and get Bulletman and bring him back. What do you think? "

Anyman, was besides Wynn and Lionheart Frostbite's oldest companion. Someone whom he felt a bond of trust that went much deeper than what most people felt. A bond forged by the heat of their shared experiences and burdens. Both knew, how the Nazi's could operate in the future, but Frostbite wasn't prepared to use that as any kind of justification for doing to them, what they'd have done to our people, had they had the chance.

OOC:
OK so Steve/Sentinel goes
Bulletman gets picked up to return.
We march on to Germany, I suggest we go for the Supers first, unless we come across the camps on route, where we can easily free prisoners and bring them onboard and then work out from there?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 21 2012, 14:29

Admin wrote:Lionheart h

"My name is Tristam Farquahar-Bellington-Jones, Lionheart, pleased to meet you"

Our boffins recently came into information that allows us to seriously consider the setting up of what we are calling a 'PSI Corps'....We want you to form the basis of the training program. What say you?"

Lionheart looked straight in the eyes of the man before him, with all the talk of shadows and creatures that could control the mind, he felt that their were forces at work in the wake of all that had happened. "Nature abhors a vacuum..."

He added out loud, ignoring Farquahar-Bellington-Jones' puzzled look. Could this be history repeating itself, there was only one way to find out. "Ok I'll go along with this provided I and my friends are given full access, nothing is to be out of bounds to us and I will know if you are lying..." He said with a glance toward his forehead. Taking the opportunity he let his mind waft delicately over Farquahar-Bellington-Jones' mind in front of him. He wanted to make sure he wasn't be played, this smacked of something but he had little but paranoid fancies to go on at present.

OOC:
Ok lets see if I can register anything from scanning our friend in front of us. Assuming not we'll go forward with the plan. Anything to distract me from recognising that Beth is now some sort of construct with her memories in it. An area Lionheart has not felt comfortable confronting so has just ignored it for now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 21 2012, 22:28

OOC:
OK so Steve/Sentinel goes
Bulletman gets picked up to return.
We march on to Germany, I suggest we go for the Supers first, unless we come across the camps on route, where we can easily free prisoners and bring them onboard and then work out from there?

I think I may have misread it but I think we have a time constraint on those three camps that might have P'utanarians in them - that a lot of them will be killed if we wait too long. It's why I'm a bit hesitant to attack Berlin and all the supers there. But if we don't have that time constraint then attacking them is fine with me first. And we weren't given any direct orders to send Sentinel back, just a suggestion by a Peeler.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 21 2012, 22:38

DavidMcMahon wrote:OOC:I think I may have misread it but I think we have a time constraint on those three camps that might have P'utanarians in them - that a lot of them will be killed if we wait too long. It's why I'm a bit hesitant to attack Berlin and all the supers there. But if we don't have that time constraint then attacking them is fine with me first. And we weren't given any direct orders to send Sentinel back, just a suggestion by a Peeler.

OOC:
Ok for clarities sake, I agree, if there is no time constraint lets proceed as suggested, if there is a time constraint what are we waiting for. Equally if no order re Sentinel - lets keep him with us.

Hope that is clear.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue May 22 2012, 00:08

"Do you really think it'll come to a counter offensive against us? Sure things are crazier more than ever but....your right its always best to be prepared. Should I set up a bug in their master comms room or something to give us the heads up just in case"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 22 2012, 01:25

After conversing and figuring out their best course of action...

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 2 Chelmno

The Robo Carrier sets off from its position hovering over the Atlantic and makes best speed towards Chelmno, confirmed location of a concentration camp known to house P'utinarians, as well as ordinary men, women and children! As yet, the ultimate fate of those people, and the point of housing them in such a camp, is unclear. The British Intelligence service noted that many Poles had been pressed into service in factories creating war machines for the Nazis.

The aliens had been slated for immediate execution.

Only the appearance of the Robo Carriers had given cause for hope and Anyman prayed they'd get there in time!

Meanwhile Peeler 88 responded to Silver Sentinel. "Are you talking about bugging Whitehall, the war room and cabinet offices?" he looked doubtful at that but shrugged "There's so many strange things going on, about the only people I know I can trust are you lot. Let's face it, if you ever decided to go your own way..." he left the statement unfinished, aware that no planning would counter the might of the Vanguard!

Number One clanked up, noting briefly those who had joined Anyman on the bridge. The bridge itself had a number of chairs for them to be seated at, a vast viewscreen showing not just the front, but in smaller sections all around the colossal vessel, and an array of consoles and monitoring screens, more for effect than for actual use. The Robo Carrier needed no human crew and indeed, was more efficient without it!

'Would that I were placed in charge of one of these vessels.' said Frostbot wistfully inside of Frostbites head. 'I would have endless enjoyment reconfiguring the systems.'

Turning to Anyman, Number One spoke up "The reporters are demanding access to all areas of the ship, in order to 'satisfy their readers curiosity and appease their fears'. Would you like me to incinerate them and flush the remains out of the airlock, as they may present a security issue were they to obtain sensitive information about ships systems?"

Meanwhile Frostbite and Silver Sentinel shivered at the same time. They felt... strange. Not ill, or afraid, but ... the feeling was hard to describe. Their current location was over France, passing miles above the occupied country, high above the cloud cover and out of reach of the fastest fighter planes, though of course the Nazis still had use of the Skrall Ships, which the Vanguard called V-Ships, and so it was that...

BLAAAARRRRR! BLAAAARRRRR! BLAAAARRRRR!

The Bridge turned red as lights shone, and the alarm rang out. Number One calmly turned to the screen and it flicked to show a distant silver dot against the deep blue sky. The screen magnified, ten, one hundred times even to reveal four Skrall Ships flying towards the Robo Carrier!

Peeler 88 shouted up "They aren't ours!"

Number One turned to Anyman "Your orders?"

OOC you have four Nazi Ships coming towards the Robo Carrier. Even at speed they are minutes away. The Robo Carrier will be able to destroy them if it slows and switches power to offensive systems. As mentioned, it's speciality is large scale assault against armies. Against Superhumans it has difficulties, along the lines of a Lion against a horde of ants. For sure, the Lion can scrape them off, but the ants get in a few bites first. Your call. They have not opened communications. Also, how much of this conflict does Anyman want the press to witness?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 22 2012, 02:36

Turning to Anyman, Number One spoke up "The reporters are demanding access to all areas of the ship, in order to 'satisfy their readers curiosity and appease their fears'. Would you like me to incinerate them and flush the remains out of the airlock, as they may present a security issue were they to obtain sensitive information about ships systems?"

Anyman thinks a moment.

"Hmmm ... I have some critics of some plays and movies I've been in that I might want incinerated .... later. Bring two reporters to the Bridge," he tells Number One. "Um ... let's try Larry LaSueur and Alexander Gault MacGowan. I rather like their reporting, what little of it I saw and heard. The rest can watch through the armored portholes, but make sure that they understand that we can not gaurantee their safety if they do so, if we go into battle. There is a chance that explosions could blast through at those points, killing them. That they would be safer in the interior of the ship, nearer the medical bays, where they will have layers of protection around them."

The Bridge turned red as lights shone, and the alarm rang out. Number One calmly turned to the screen and it flicked to show a distant silver dot against the deep blue sky. The screen magnified, ten, one hundred times even to reveal four Skrall Ships flying towards the Robo Carrier!

Peeler 88 shouted up "They aren't ours!"

Number One turned to Anyman "Your orders?"

Anyman turns to Silver Sentinel and Frostbite.

"I so want to use my Dark Powers and take over those ships," he tells the two and Number One quietly. "Which scares me that I automatically think of using those powers as my first option now."

"Can Frostbot take over one of those ships if we can get him on board? I would like to capture the ships rather than destroy them. But we can not waste too much time doing so if we are to save the other P'utanarians. What do you gentlemen think?"

ooc: I have a crazy idea of using Probability Manipulation and Frostbot to take over those ships. If he can takeover one ship, use PM to have some sort of radio wave so his takeover affects the other three ships. I'm thinking doing it that way would cost less Dark Points then if I just used PM to take over all four of them by myself.

ooc:
In 1939 LeSueur traveled to England, where he approached Edward R. Murrow about a job.[2] He was subsequently hired by CBS and Murrow.[1] LeSueur covered the war across Europe, filing radio reports from Russia and London.[5] He covered the war on London After Dark, along with Murrow and Eric Sevareid, reporting the ongoing London Blitz.[6] He reported extensively from the Soviet Union after he was assigned to Moscow in 1941.[4]

LeSueur covered D-Day, the liberation of Paris, as well as the Dachau and Mauthausen concentration camp liberations.[2][6] He delivered the first broadcast to American listeners from a liberated Paris via underground radio broadcast which had not been cleared by military censors.[5] For this he was cited by the War Department for "outstanding and conspicuous service" and awarded the French Legion of Honor and French Liberation Medal.[2]

In October, 1934, MacGowan began a sixteen-year stint with The Sun of New York, later known as the New York World-Telegram and Sun. He rose from correspondent to become managing editor of The Sun's European Bureau after the war.[4]

Before the war, MacGowan won a Selfridge Award in 1932 for an article about Devil's Island in the Times of London.[5] Later, he covered the coronation of George VI, the Spanish Civil War, and spent time in Morocco with the French Foreign Legion (1937).[6] During World War II, MacGowan continued writing for The Sun, covering the Battle of Britain, the disastrous Dieppe raid (in which he wrote about dive bomber strafing and depth charges around his ship), and reporting later from North Africa.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 22 2012, 07:40

DavidMcMahon wrote:
ooc: I have a crazy idea of using Probability Manipulation and Frostbot to take over those ships. If he can takeover one ship, use PM to have some sort of radio wave so his takeover affects the other three ships. I'm thinking doing it that way would cost less Dark Points then if I just used PM to take over all four of them by myself.

OOC:
Frostbot would be delighted, eventually I'll give him one of the ships, but right now I need him with us as evidenced by what has happened.

The use and use of PM to alter the odds, is fast becoming our most expedient option, but as we've noticed recently there can also be unintended consequences, it strikes me that its a little like the old AD&D wish spell, you can get what you want and gimp yourself at the same time.

Frostbite nodded to Anyman, "We're ready when you are, old friend. Take down the ships and either I'll deliver Frostbot personally, or we can send him over. He's itching to get into these machines, I think we need to find a way to let him loose more often."

Frostbite said the last words said more quietly, wistfully at the thought of his companion spending more time away from him. A thought he wasn't especially easy with, but there it was.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 22 2012, 12:01

"Number One, can we get Frostbot delivered to one of those ships by a torpedo or something like that. If not, I can teleport us over to a ship if I have to," Anyman asks.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed May 23 2012, 07:14

"Should I go with frostbot then just in case it hits the fan, its been awhile since ive taken anything down?" sentinel said darkly whilst rubbing his hands together. Although war had made the young man to grow up fast he still had a want for destruction......maybe thats why the dark prince picked him.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 24 2012, 22:59

OOC first of all, apologies - this week has been horrible with work. Even now I type this in a station car park waiting for my train to turn up and wondering if a bunch of youths will try and pinch the car I'm sat in... Rolling Eyes Anyway, I *might* also get chance for another update when I get to the power station, though that'll be around 02.00. If not, updates tomorrow once I get out of bed. For now...

Number One considered the request. 'She' (it?) turned and a hatch opened in a wall where a 1m high metal sphere rolled out. It unfurled, shifted, changed and reformed into a sleek silver torpedo. "This weapon, once fired in the path of the oncoming vessels, will transmit on all bands and frequencies. As soon as they receive the transmission they will jam it, and the carrier program can ride the signal into their computers."

Frostbite knew all he had to do was touch the missile to transfer the computer consciousness into it.

Sentinel was intrigued by the unique properties of the machines on board the ship. As the master of metal, he could feel the ship as something that was almost alive, and pulsing with intelligence. Though he wore the magical metal suit formed from chains in the lost mythical land of Albion, he wondered what it would be like to reform one of these robots into a suit. Might it also give him special weapons and extra abilities?

Anyman considered the use of the Dark power again. It was like a drug, intoxicating. Knowing he could flatten any obstacle, defeat any enemy...simply by calling on the being that was part of him. He glanced at Frostbite and Sentinel. He was, perhaps, the last of the Vanguard with regards holding the Dark power within. He felt the weight of responsibility on his shoulders. His friends were powerful and resourceful, but compared to the Dark Power?

"...load the missile up and fire it at the incoming vessels?" asked Number One to Anyman again. 'She' stood patiently waiting for his answer, having asked the question once already.

OOC So, Anyman will use Prob Manip or hold off whilst Frostbite transfer Frostbot into the Skrall ships and has his computer friend phack his way into the controls to capture their ships? If that's the case, next update will resolve that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 25 2012, 01:22

OOC So, Anyman will use Prob Manip or hold off whilst Frostbite transfer Frostbot into the Skrall ships and has his computer friend phack his way into the controls to capture their ships? If that's the case, next update will resolve that..

What I'm trying to do is reduce the amount of PM Anyman will have to use by using Frostbot to takeover one ship and using PM to piggyback onto his takeover so it affects the other ships as well unless he can takeover all four ships on his own. In which case, it is just a matter of protecting him while he does what he does.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 25 2012, 09:42

Admin wrote:Frostbite knew all he had to do was touch the missile to transfer the computer consciousness into it.

Moving forward, with barely any hint of hesitation, Frostbite held out his hand. He felt that of all his companions Frostbot was his closest, it was hard to recall a time when he didn't have his presence within and short absences, only made letting go harder. But Frostbot was growing and the time would likely come that he was going to strike out on his own, a companion but in a more independent frame of existence. Frostbite felt a bit like a Father saying goodbye to an only son. But it was time to put aside such thoughts, time to let go. And without further ado, he allowed Frostbot to piggy back into the missile.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 25 2012, 23:37

Frostbot leapt, with a spark, form Frostbites' hand into the missile. Number one turned, a hatch opened in the floor and a pair of spindly robotic arms took hold of the missile, retreated into the hatch which sealed without trace, and the 'female' robot turned to face the wall, which changed into a giant viewscreen. Seconds passed, then a silver shining dot shot from the huge craft at the oncoming Skrall vessels...

=========

In the lead vessel...

(OOC Translated from German)

"They have fired something at us!" shouted one man in a white uniform, mark of the elite superhuman 'Stormtrooper' unit, though in truth he and many of the others were mere recruits, granted powers then thrust into battle first against the Robo Carriers, then forced into hiding after the robots had overwhelmed them! His power to transform himself into a cloud of poisonous gas had proven in effectual against the robots and his confidence had been badly shaken.

The man in charge of this vessel, Friedrich Venghorn, codename Battalion (English translation) eyed the screen. "A single missile? From a vessel that large? From experience we know they much prefer to overwhelm with flying robots. It is a trick!" he turned to the Skrall technicians. "Blast it from the sky!"

The nearest Skrall turned, tilted its head to one side and pointed at a screen which translated the aliens thoughts into words the German could understand. "A probe? It's not a weapon? Destroy it anyway!"

The Skrall technician shrugged, then turned to another of its fellows. Outside of the ship the rail guns opened fire on the lead vessel, aiming at the oncoming probe. The rail guns were woefully inaccurate in atmosphere though, and the Skrall knew the probe would not attack as a missile would...

"What is that flashing light?" snarled Battalion. He looked at the screen again and read it out aloud "A computer virus is being uploaded? These machines, they can get sick?" he spat, exasperated. He looked again. "Each ship is jamming the transmissions. The virus won't affect..."

Ooooom....

The lights flickered and died. The Skralls all froze in place, heads drooping to one side... Outside the other three ships faltered and slowed...

=========

Over the tannoy of the Robo Carrier came a robotic voice...

"I am attempting to break through the firewalls of the Skrall Mainframes. This will take a few moments. In the meantime I have sealed the ships interiors but you should be aware there are a number of Nazi superhumans on board with the power to sunder the hulls of the vessels they travel in, or bypass them completely. Once the firewalls have been breached I can vent knockout gas or reduce the oxygen content in the ships air supply to render all passengers unconscious, but until such time, they present a real threat."

Number One turned to Anyman. "The threat of the enemy vessels is minimal. Whilst they are incapacitated it would be a simple matter to destroy them and kill the passengers on those vessels, thus nullifying their threat!"

On the deck of the robo carrier huge guns, dozens of metres long, raised from the flat surface and slowly turned to face the distant skrall ships, waiting for the order to fire!

OOC Take out the Nazi superhumans or try to capture them in some way?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 25 2012, 23:46

OOC: Personally I'm all for the knock out gas or lower oxygen route, lets not waste time fighting them, we've got bigger fish to fry. Besides if we don't take them down quick, whose to say they won't trash the ships..

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat May 26 2012, 01:30

"We want those ships with as little damage as possible," Anyman said. "Gas the crew. We will handle the Nazi supermen. Gentlemen, time to get our hands dirty again."

HE waves Frostbite and Silver Sentinel over.

ooc: Use enough PM to summon TP and teleport the three of us to the nearest ship. USe a hero point or effort point or whatever we call it to help me control the DP.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat May 26 2012, 07:52

"Dirty? Sounds like Im going to enjoy this" sentinel exclaimed as me 'suited up'.
"So whats the plan and how do we get on board those ships?"

OOC: Okay I know we are going to teleport but are we splitting up and taking a ship each or hitting them hard with the three of us? Safer but slower and where do we start, the bridge?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat May 26 2012, 14:15

ooc: Going together, line of sight teleport so on the deck of the nearest ship and let the Nazis come to us.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 27 2012, 23:51

OOC You have 75 Hero Points apiece, and 10 Fate Points. Short version: Hero points buy you an extra D10 to roll (spend as many as you like) and choose 2D10 to use and the rest are discarded. Fate points are a guaranteed double - you spend one, roll 2D10, drop a die and assume that the replacement for that die is a twin to the one that remains, in other words a double.

Anyman has Dark Power Growth zero at the moment with 12 Ego.

Anyman
110 htc
85/88 htk
74 Hero Points, 10 Fate points
Dark Power XP 6/20 (level 3)
Teleport Grade 4 (10fr)

He needs grade 3 Teleport (minimum) to pull off what he's attempting, which costs 50 Dark Power points. Let's say he goes for 7 Dark Power. Rolls 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=1. Drop the 1 and take the double 8. 1d10=3, 1d10=3... and... another double. 1d10=2, 1d10=1. Last roll nearly screwed the whole thing up (a double 1 is INSTANT failure!). Total 12 Ego + 16 + 6 + 3=35. Dark power gets 7 Dark Power ego + 1d10=6, 1d10=1, total 14. Check passed at cost of 1 hero point (total amended above). Dark power points 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=7=51 points plus 1d10=10 plus 1d10=10 plus 1d10=3. 74 points, times 3 (Dark Power level) = 222 Dark power points. 65 buys Teleport Grade 4 which easily meets your needs... 157 Dark power points left

Anyman summons the Dark Power from within and calls on the ability to teleport. His eyes glow and he turns to his friends. Frostbite glances back. His eyes seem vacant, as if he were distracted, or listening. His hand rested on a communication panel. He didn't know how all this stuff worked, but was constantly amazed that it did! Frostbite looked up "Frostbot says... a particular mix of oxygen and nitrogen has been introduced to each ships air conditioners... the crew are finding it hard to concentrate and will succumb shortly... They will present no discernible threat..."

Anyman nodded, got a thumbs up from Sentinel, and placed a hand on each mans shoulder. With a smile he looked back at the screen.

Those around them on the bridge of the Robo Carrier saw a flash, then the Vanguardians were gone!

=========

"Schnell! Schnell!" screamed a Nazi clad in white on the bridge of the lead Skrall Ship...

He was barking at the Skrall technician who moved, drunkenly, towards the controls to change the course of the ship. Others had dropped to their knees and toppled over. The Nazi, a tall thin man clad in white marched angrily to the technician, grabbed the diminutive alien by the shoulder and spun it, about to strike the small being. It keeled over, eyes rolling and falling into a heap.

The Nazi looked at his companions. There were three others like him. All resisted the effects of the altered air mixture. One was a woman with short dark hair and a mean look on her face. Another was a well muscled bald fellow who stood ready to fight. The last was a man who seemed to shimmer.

There was a sudden POP! of air, then the Nazis turned to see three strangers - the Vanguard - stood on the bridge of their ship!

OOC You are 5m away, have 2 free frames to act, then initiative time. Pick a target (lead nazi, bald fighter, woman, shimmering man) and declare actions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next